The BIG chase to 150lb

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Hey Allie,
    Our posts have just crossed over. I hope this was a nature weird trick and a one off as if it became a monthly occurrence I wouldn’t be very much impressed.
    Will see in a month’s time…
    All my love,
    Skinny xx

• posted by zinny
    on

Hi skinny hope you are feeling better now. Scales not moving at the moment but shape is altering so that’s good too. Today I will be organising everything for our trip away. The most important thing for me will be to ensure I’ve got good eats for BSD for the BBQ. Loads of chicken, I never tire of it, so versatile. Has anyone tried those little pots of marinade from M and S. They are very useful. I sometimes put a little bit in with some m and s 10 % Greek yogurt and use it as a salad dressing. Better than mayo! Anyone got any other things that they swear by.
    Down we go all!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good morning girls,
    How are we?
    Zinny, I’m better now, one thing to show for it was the 60 seconds plank I could hold yesterday and also a bit more mental energy.
    Sounds like you’re going to have a fantastic bbq. I do love my chicken too. I buy it from the butchers and if I cannot make it to buy my meat there I do not eat as I’m not a big fan of the supermarket meats. I do have a marinade that keeps the meat lovely, juicy and tender. 1 egg, about 5 garlic cloves (Oh, yeah, 5!, I like my garlic) half a sachet of grill mixture and full fat yoghurt. Whisk it together and the put your meats in one at the time to unsure all the sides are submerged and covered. Now the most important stuff – cover and put in the fridge for 48 hours. I know it, PERFECTION takes time. Then either take out wipe a bit as not too much yoghurt on it and then in the breadcrumbs and fry or oven bake or without the breadcrumbs on the grill/bbq.
    My four year old, when making this is like Wayne and Waynetta from Harry Enfield. A piece of meat in each hand roaming about coming for more. She doesn’t want or need anything with it.
    The marinade doesn’t need any salt as the grilling mixture and garlic give it the oooomph.

I know it might be a bit too late for you for this bbq but maybe you can try this. Please report if you do. When I make it for parties as chicken nuggets or goujons they always disappear first. Eaten by the little people and grown up.

Ps. My 🐶 loves it too and ‘I will worship you forever’ eyes are always there when making it.

You enjoy your time and Bon appetite. Your measurement adjustments sound also very good. So far I haven’t braved to measure as would be horrified if I saw that my thighs are as fat ad my waist used to be ☺.
    Maybe soon but not just yet.

Right, while my gorgeous little girl is still asleep I’m going to do a 60 or maybe 70 seconds plank. Depending what the app on the phone has in store for me.

All my love,
    Skinny to be
    xxx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

…it was 70. 70 seconds plank. Now, my coffee, daily thoughts for the day ahead, thoughts for my ‘chase to 150’ girls and the day can start.
    Violinist, welcome back home. Your desperation yesterday was a music to my ears. In the nicest possible way. Me knowing I’m not alone in the feeling of falling off the wagon or feeling the time pressure… We still have time (even with my 3 weeks of holibobs from next week Friday). Let’s hold hands and take it one day at a time. I want to see the number 150 bigger and closer to us. At the moment it is a fuzzy blob in the distance. I can see the sign ‘FAIL’ much closer and sharper but let’s give that sign a butt knock and run towards the fuzzy number in the distance by putting our feet one in front of the other a step a time. Sending you all my love xxx

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Zinny, my quick marinade is Dunns River spices; they’re a Jamaican company and I always have their Jerk Chicken, Chicken Seasoning and All Purpose Seasoning in the cupboard.
    Maggie

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Skinny, Zinny, Allie, Maggie, Marie, Wendy, Gwen and all!

Back in Florida and will weigh later this morning. Sitting here at 5 am making out my grocery list and posting menus for the next week in My Fitness Pal.
    Was wonderful to visit my mom, children, grandchildren and sister and brother. Tired.
    Skinny, thanks formthe pep talk.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good morning to you, too, Violinist! How wonderful that you had some precious family time! Good to have you
    back, reporting in from the Gulf 🙂 Hope all is well in upstate NY…Time to get back in your lovely pool. You’ll be
    back in the groove in no time, I’m sure. If you picked up any “extra baggage” while on vacation, you have all the
    tools to reverse it 🙂 Water glasses UP! I find that keeping up with the water requirements to be one of the bigger
    challenges when out of town. I hope your weigh in goes well!

Allie

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks Allie, I am weighing in at 174 lbs this morning dressed. Same weight as March 16, the day of my last doc visit. I will start again today and have 8 weeks to lab work and 9 weeks to doc visit. Yikes!!!!

• posted by wendyq
    on

It’s good to hear everyone’s news.We had a fantastic time wild camping on a beach in a remote part of Scotland,would recommend it to anyone.Sat beside our fire until after 1am,watching stars,listening to owls and other birds and the waves ,unforgettable.I won’t be getting weighed until next week though.

• posted by marie123
    on

wendyq – that sounds brilliant. I remember having a mid-winter holiday in Plockton (north of Kyle of Localsh) one time and waking my husband up at 3am to look at the stars – the night sky was so fantastically dark. Good idea about the weigh-in!

Violinist – sounds like a lovely time for you, too. When families get on you can’t beat it. 8/9 weeks is a good length of time. You can do it.

Zinny/Maggie…picking up food tips as I go. Cheers

Marie xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good morning ladies,
    How are you?
    I braved the scales this morning and after the ‘beep’ took a second or two before I looked. It was showing 173.5lb. As my brain is still half cooked from the heat and a bit asleep, I’m going to record this number onto the s/sheet at work. That’s 4.5lb loss since last week Tuesday. Hopefully, this or similar trend and pattern will follow throughout until 1st September to reach the magic 150.
    Now am going to put the kettle on and while it boils the water for my coffee I’ll be ‘planking’ 🙂.
    Sending all my love for now. I’ll be back when my brain is awaken too as it seems it takes me forever to string these two sentences this morning.
    Skinny to be xx

• posted by zinny
    on

Well done Skinny! Always good to see the scales moving the right way!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

No, nope, it’s 3.5lb |:-), not 4.5. looked it up, compared with the s-sheet and it’s 3.5lb loss. Well, shame it’s not 4.5lb but if I can lose another 1lb by Tuesday next week, then it won’t be anything to be ashamed of, will it? 🙂
    all my love girls,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Ladies!
    172.4 this morning.

Okay folks! I still have time to get to 150 before the doc visit in 9 weeks, so here we go with your help, of course!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Skinny, are you kidding me! Any loss is to be celebrated!!!!🏅

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Skinny that’s really encouraging (I’m speaking from a plateau) – I bet you’re feeling a real difference now you’re moving along.
    Violinist, well done! So lovely to catch up with family but now you’re back home sounds like you’ve got right back on the horse! Well done.
    Maggie

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist,
    looking at the s/sheet, you’ve also recorded a loss 🙂
    we’re doing great, girl. Onwards and downward. We’ll just need to focus a little bit more for a week to catch up with a good loss, for me before my holibob, and you to catch up after your holibob.
    After that…plain sailing,hey?
    sending lots of love, Violinist
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Maggie and Skinny, thank you for the encouragement. I was just over at My Fitness Pal reviewing my 800 calories for today. I also joined the weekly challenge and have loads of questions over there. If you get the time, can you answer a few of my questions?

Keep being the good example I need.

Yes, it is 90-100 degrees daily here

• posted by Violinist
    on

172 this morning folks. Encouraged.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Well I’m back, after a lot of beautiful artisan baguettes, the odd pastry, Boursin, and yes, plenty of vin!!! The only pain was stiffness after the car journey yesterday and the odd mosquito bite! I will weigh in again on Tuesday, after probably a full water fast on Monday, just to see what the fortnights damage is. I was camping so probably burning off a few more calories than normal but wasn’t counting or measuring anything. Onwards and downwards folks. 😀

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good morning girlies,
    How are you? In the Skinny to be household it’s pretty stressful one week before going on holibobs and as usual, sh!te is happening. Without going into details I’m trying to do my best. Will see what the number on the scales will reveal.

Violinist, that’s very encouraging with the number going down. Regardless it being big or small. A loss is a loss. Now you’re back and flooded with the wisdom from Allie and Maggie and Sunshine and the rest of the gang, not only you but the rest of us are much better equipped to conquer the mountain we’re climbing 🙂👏

Mixnmatch, your name is the summary of what you ate in France. Mixing it and matching it for the perfect experience. I haven’t eaten bread or any sort of pain for a while so I think I like the idea of eating it tastier than the real thing. But bursin…oh-la-la, now we’re talking 🤪. That is something I can eat! A lot. Yummy.

I hope you enjoyed your hols and all of us hit 150 on or before 1st September

All my love,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Yup, and I need the wisdom. Lots of it skinny. And discipline. This is hard at about 4 pm to stay under 800.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Skinny, are you camping too? I remember camping with my 4 children and packing the camper. Unpacking is not fun after the holiday!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist, I’m too ‘posh’ to go camping – looooool 🙂. Once in the olden days I woke up in the morning only to find out all night I slept on a freaking ginormous flat stone and had a massive bruise on my abdomen. Since then I’m a ‘bed and hotels’ girl🙂. We’re going to Switzerland for a week and after that will be driving to Prague and then take overnight train to slovakia. I was lucky to buy there an apartment right in the heart of the mountains about 8 years ago and it proved a good investment as it went up by25% and also in February we took our little girl skiing there for 2.5 weeks for the first time. Seeing her you’d think she’s been skiing forever. A lot of English people fly there and have properties there and one of the reason is there is a lot of skiing resorts. Not as big like I the Swiss or French alps but perfect as all levels friendly and no queues.
    Cheap food and booze, not that I care for booze but ever so good.
    Love it there. 🙂, the only downfall is that I’m packing and unpacking each time the Skinny to be household. But, been there, done that and got a t-shirt for it and will do it again this time.
    Skinny to be xxx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist,
    Now that I know you’re a real life Violinist, I need to pick up your brains. My beautiful girl starts school September. She’ll be five on 2nd September. We’ve been thinking about getting her music lessons (We’re quietly hoping she’s gifted like her paternal grandfather who could play anything but his main instrument was a violin). What I wanted to ask was when did you start, how old you were as have no one like you. My husband is much older than me and he’s parents are no longer with us… Hence, me asking you ☺.
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Skinny, I was in 3rd grade and could have played earlier. I say let her try it. I love playing and can hear a new song and play it

• posted by Violinist
    on

Funny, I hate camping and tell people it is because that is what I was doing in my first marriage! Hahahaha

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Hehehehehe, Violinist,
    My camping hate from when I was 16 or 17. Although it is my first marriage, it is my husband’s second and we’ve never been camping. I made it clear very early and prevented many dramas.

Its good to have your recommendation on the music lessons. My husband’s father could pick up and instrument and play with it for half hour and then play it. He was that gifted!
    I can hold a tune and sing but my biggest regret was telling my parents I ‘won’t go to that stupid music school’. They didn’t try to persuade me and I was hoping they would. I was too proud of myself for saying the thing but was devastated that I wanted to play an 8nstrument but ashamed to ask again I could go. How stupid of me, isn’t it? O was 6 and remember it as my first regret….

Skinny xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Violinist, I love your sense of humor! I had the extreme pleasure of hearing Joshua Bell play as featured soloist at
    at a night time concert under the stars, on an estate on the CT coast. It was magical, and unforgettable!

Skinny, it’s never too late for anything 🙂

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good morning ladies,
    Its 5.30am and our thermometer is showing 17.4C outside (whatever that is in F 🙂).
    Made myself a coffee and am sitting in the garden just in my PJs while it’s still lovely and not hot.
    On Saturday I was struggling and felt like mindless stuffing my gob would make me feel happy. So guess what I did – I attacked the bathroom. Clearing out the little bottles with stuff you have from hotels. Half of it was from before the dinosaurs started roaming the Earth, next were the walls I scrubbed as the the white marks on the walls from the teethbrushing was driving me mad. Bath, shower, sink, taps, units and not to forget the toilet. All was cleared and cleaned. That occupied me for about 3 hours. Then it was my little girl with whom we played all sorts of games and colouring in…..wait for it….Christmas colouring book 🤪.
    Then after she was put to bed I ran myself a bubble bath with a few drops of lavender oils I discovered in the back of the cupboard (so worthy to clear out that cupboard) and felt like a new Skinny. Yesterday I painted my toe nails taupe and my finger nails cranberry and will put on the trousers on with the belt that is just on the LAST hole (needs two more holes on that belt, at least as it appears) and strut my stuff to work. The belt is a new occurrence since Wednesday last week but thought it a weird universe trick but it’s proved a permanent thing.😜
    Not sure about my weight but will see tomorrow morning.
    How are you doing, girlies?
    All my love,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I was camping last week, and I love it! My activity minutes nearly doubled which has helped me not put much weight on despite my ‘brakes off’ week of indulgent eating and drinking. I said I would weigh in tomorrow after my usual non-holiday Monday water fast, but couldn’t resist the lure of the scales this morning and have put on 1.2 pounds, so now 173.2. The chase begins for me! I will do my post fast weigh in as well for my ‘official’ weight.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good 6:17 am in Florida folks!
    Woke up to 171 lbs this morning!
    Mix, glad you had a fin time camping. Do you guys see we are all about the same size accept for Zinny?
    Starting weights:
    Me-173 (5’4”, age 62)
    Skinny-177
    Wendy-169.5
    Mix-173
    Zinny-158
    Marie ?
    Skinny, you did excellent to go clean instead of eat! I haven’t seen a belt in years!!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Allie, glad to entertain you!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Speaking of entertainment, Violinist, I would really enjoy hearing you play! The scale continues to move on downward
    for you!. I imagine all those laps are great for toning up, too 🙂

Marie, aren’t you in maintenance, too?

Have a great week, gang 🙂

Allie

• posted by Violinist
    on

You too Allie!

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Allie,
    Yes I am. I came on here not to join the challenge but because I really enjoy reading everyone’s posts. Hope that’s OK guys!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m glad my memory is still functional, Marie 🙂 I love meeting new friends, too, so I’m just here to share the journey
    and the joy of discovery with this new way of life! Not too new after 2+years, but it still feels that way 🙂

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Ditto from me too! Really enjoying the chat and humour! 🙂

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Even though I have put a bit (too much) on I still regard myself as being in maintenance too, but the coincidence of all our numbers being so similar was too much to resist, and I really want to see whether I can get down to 150 pounds without the totally depleted glycogen this time, without a definite finish line, as I think I may have had a slight muscle weight reduction, and fat weight increase when the 4 times a week badminton changed to 2 times, at least that is what the scales show. Enjoying the chat on here too.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Mixnmatch, whatever brought you to the challenge, I’m very happy to see you here! I’d like a refresher source on how
    you continue to mix and match!

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Sorry, I meant refresher COURSE! 🙂

• posted by zinny
    on

Hi all missing in action, been away caravanning, and now up in Yorkshire visiting brother and my mother. After my eating and drinking faltered whilst away camping ( hello 99 cornet) I have weighed on brothers scales and they say I’ve stayed the same. So I’m taking that ! I know I might be the smallest here but 3 years ago I weighed in at 17 stone 12 lb that’s 250 lb.
    I had my moment of this can’t go on and I managed to get down to 10 stone 10 that’s 150 lb. Earlier this year it started to creep on, I hurt my ankle and could not run, and consoled myself with the wrong things. Still here I am with not too much to lose I guess, but it’s hard to get the last few pounds off! Looking forward to when I get back home and can be more precise in what I eat! Really enjoying reading everyone’s stories, onwards and downwards we go.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Morning after the water fast and down to 169.1 pounds. Mostly water/glycogen of course. I just like to keep my metabolism guessing so I throw in random(ish) fasts, 800 days, OMAD (one meal a day) days and low protein 1000 calorie fasting mimicking days, the rest of the time I eat pretty much what I like, and at the end of term that seemed to be a lot of cake and ice cream! The important thing I think is never to let the monster back out and in control. The fasting days seem to keep the lid on him.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Morning ladies,
    I’ve been having pretty hectic last few days and with the holibobs on the horizon, packing 2.5 people, 1 dog and cleaning and clearing the house I do have moments when I’m not sure whether i’m coming or going :-).
    I’ve stepped on the scales this morning and was what I was on Friday 173.5lb. I think the heat is not helping and I keep drinking way into the night or even at night when I need to go to the loo. A few days of a cooler weather and I think some loss could be recorded too. I will weigh myself on Friday and hopefully by then we’ll have some smaller number than today’s. After that, it’s three weeks in Switzerland and Europe. Will need to keep the carb eating monster at bay during all that time.

For now, I’m off to work my fat (but smaller) @ss off. Speak soon girls.
    skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning! I am at 170.6 this morning. This is finally working, or let’s say, I am finally complying!!!!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good morning ladies,
    How are you?
    It seems my acquaintance with Violinist made me ‘suffer’ to wake up at 5am over the past almost a week. Regardless what time I’m going to bed. Yesterday, it was almost midnight and just before 5am I was up. Might be also the stress with too many things happening at the same time. It being the end of the financial year at work, us packing for hols, getting the dog sorted for the hols, sorting the pigstay the house has become in the short time we have. I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday and was melting like the tarmac on the road in this heat. The French baguettes at work looked divine. I haven’t eaten any non cooked lunches at work but the egg filling looked so divine. Also MnM and our conversation about du pain, du vin, du boursin the other day just triggered something. Needless to say, I bought that bagette. It tasted nothing like it looked. A bit disappointed but it pulled the rug from under my feet for the day. I had and ice lolly after coming home from work and then tuna pasta mayonnaise with my little ‘un. I also…finished that pack of her lollipops…..
    You see why i went to bed at midnight? Too much work and effort went to all that work 😬. If only it made me feel good but right after I had that baguette I felt too heavy….and yet carried on.
    Well, will try to undo the stupidity today and only do OMAD (MnM, I really like that word, I’m stealing it from you 🙂).
    Also, will need to keep myself occupied with some more housework and washing, packing and sorting until the moment we leave for the holibobs and I hope by then I can manage at least 1lb loss between now and Saturday morning stupid o’clock when we leave.
    And this is end of my ranting. Now I’m finishing sitting in my PJs in the garden drinking my coffee and will do some stuff like folding the washing and preparing the little girl’s stuff for the car to keep her entertained, like the books and Christmas colouring books and sharpening the pencils etc.
    Here’s to the better days ahead, my friends.
    All my love,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

I hate my phone. I wrote a long post, then needed to amend it and submitted again. but it appears the message disappeared into ether…
    Well, it was a long post how bad my day was yesterday and how I ate a baguette with eggs because it looked divine but tasted awful and also my dinner that I had tuna pasta mayonnaise with sweetcorn with my little girl. on top that an ice cream and when my little girl went to bed….I finished of her lollipops 🙁

now, deal with it…as I have to too.

had a coffee this morning at 5am (Violinist, since I’ve met you I started waking up at 5am. that’s bizzare, dont’ you think?) while sitting in the garden in my PJs, folded my washing, iron some shirts and trousers for Mr Skinny to be for the holibobs, coloured in Christmas colouring in book with my little one and got to work. am trying to get my head together but it ain’t easy. with the end of the financial year at work, thinking about the approaching fast hols what I need to pack for, what I need to pack for the dog for hols and to clean the pigsty the house has become …all this before 7pm on Friday…that’s what caused the all above.

have a wonderful days, girls.
    lots of love,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

169.6 this morning.

Good 6:47 am in Florida this morning. Woke up late. Excuse me,Skinny, but are you blaming your early mornings on our new relationship?? 😏. hahaha

You have a hectic schedule trying to het out of town for a vacation and finish work. I remember the days as an accountant trying to wrap up the end of a quarter.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist,
    That what spooked me. Each morning when I wake up and check the clock it’s either 5 minutes to or past 5am.
    Well I haven’t had a good day as after yesterday carb eating bonanza I felt really ill.
    Now, need to get on track and into packing, cleaning, ironing, dog sorting and other -ing so I can enjoy my sleep and holibobs soon.
    How’s your day panning out and how are the 4pm hunger pangs?
    All my love,
    Skinny to be
    Xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Skinny, losing weight, but still can’t get past 5:30 am or 4 pm without a small something. Going to try almon milk in coffee and tea next.

Please log in or register to post a reply.