The BIG chase to 150lb

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist,
    let’s start here πŸ™‚
    Still weighing in on Tuesday for the starting number and chasing it down.
    S
    xx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

πŸ™‚ good luck on your challenge to reach 150, it is great when we find people we feel a connection with even though we have never met them.

• posted by zinny
    on

Hi I will give it a go, I will weigh in on Tuesday too, it would be grand to be 150 lb by September! Good Luck to us all!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Skinny and Violinist – good luck to you both with your 150lb chase down!
    Very true, S-G. Allie and I are firm friends these days and we skype regularly. We will meet one day, that’s our goal! My life is all the richer for meeting Allie and everyone here on these forums. πŸ™‚ And all because I stumbled upon this BSD site last August when looking for answers to my “IBS” symptoms, lethargy, very low mood, drained and lifeless and desperate! πŸ™‚
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Violinist
    on

I am with you guys!!!! Tuesday it is!!!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks Sunshine and Kazz!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Marvellous, we’ve got Zinny with us too πŸ™‚
    Let’s see what the weekend brings and mostly what’s the number on the scales comes Tuesday morning.
    Until then I’ll see you when I’ll see you πŸ™‚
    All my love and have a wonderful weekend.
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good luck to you too, Zinny! Think my earlier post crossed with yours!
    Have a great weekend everyone!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I would like to hit 150 again so I’ll join you. I am on holiday myself for a couple of week or more periods up to then, so may not be the fastest loser. Weigh in on Tuesday, to set starting weights and good luck everyone.

• posted by wendyq
    on

I’m in on this one.I’ve maintained for over a month now,just going between a pound or 2 but need to lose again.I’ve started writing everything down again what I eat,stopped because it was a nuisance but realise that’s why I’m not losing.My hubby is proud of what I’ve achieved so far and especially that I haven’t put weight on for over a month but enough is enough.I’ve been sticking to the principles,find it quite easy now but I’m eating too much,not too much but enough to stall.Also I’ve found it difficult to exercise as my son hasn’t been sleeping very well so I can’t get up early to exercise and we have carers in the house all day so no privacy.I walk the dog a lot and have been working really hard in the garden which is better than nothing.No excuses and back to work,need to give myself a good kick.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Wendyq,
    Fantastic, the more the merrier. Weigh in day Tuesday morning and eyes looking to the distance for 1st September and countdown to 150lb.
    Is it too hot for your son not sleeping well at night? I can confirm the last two nights were too much even for me. What I did was to get the towel wet and pinned it to the curtain in front of the open window. By morning it was almost dry but kept the room of my little girl at a reasonable temperature and our bedroom almost the same. Maybe I need to get the bigger towel up tonight to make it cooler.
    Well, let’s hope the next few days and nights are more bearable and our challenge fun and interesting.
    Skinny to be
    Xx

• posted by wendyq
    on

I will be absolutely chuffed to weigh 150 pounds by 1st September,it’ll take some doing but I’m up for the challenge.That’ll be the least I’ve weighed for years and much closer to my goal weight.My son is disabled and goes through phases of not sleeping for weeks then he sleeps better.This week he started to sleep,thank goodness,it has been wonderful.His room is quite cool but the heat does affect him.I haven’t heard about using a wet towel like that before,sounds like a good idea.Good luck everyone.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Mixnmatch, sorry I missed your post. Yes, well come. The more of us the merrier and a lot more giggle and knowledge shared.
    I think all of us here havent seen 150lb on the scales for years if not decades. I think it’s just about the bloody time for us to see it and acquaint again πŸ˜‰πŸ‘
    Skinny to be xx

• posted by zinny
    on

I can remember being at school for the school medical, and having to be weighed along with everyone else. Standing there in my vest and blue knickers. That’s when I weighed 150 lbs. Fast forward to recent years and I made it back to 150. Of course one strays from the path of righteousness and the scales go spinning forward ,
    Well since 21 st May this year I’m on a mission to get back so I’ll be weighing in on Tuesday. It does not matter if it’s a lot of weight or a small amount, it gets harder to lose the weight the lower you go for me. It’s great we are all aiming for the same goal. Really enjoying reading everyone’s stories.
    Beautiful day here in Pembrokeshire, we shall eat breakfast outside again today.
    I’m having big mushrooms with goats cheese and he will be having the full English along with the mushrooms.
    Last night the dreaded prosecco ice cream made an appearance thanks to neighbour calling round, I just ate the strawberries with one teaspoon of the ice cream just to say I’d had some. I have asked her not to bring it again! I made sure she took it home with her too.
    Keep cool folks, weigh in Tuesday let’s do it.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Zinny, What detailed memory πŸ˜€. Mine,goes as far as me being 16 and at the beginning of the school year we had the same thing. I believe that was the last time….or was I 17? I don’t remember what colour my knickers were or what I wore that day but remember telling myself surounded by the skinnies that I should probably do something about it. There you go, 23 years later, 1 wedding,1 child and number of diets later I’m here….
    πŸ€“πŸ‘.
    Let’s see who’s going to have the last laugh. Me or the flab that’s enveloping me πŸ˜‰
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Skinny to be
    Xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Beginning of the week again. So, September 1 means this is the beginning of 8 weeks and I have 10 weeks to blood work and 11 weeks to weigh in with doc who wants me at 150, 20 pounds less.

I WILL BE DOING THIS NOW!!

• posted by Violinist
    on

In 2010 I was 152

• posted by Violinist
    on

To be exact, March 2010 I was 152. Today I am 172

• posted by wendyq
    on

I need to lose 20 pounds as well,let’s think,when did I last weigh 150 pounds?24 years ago I weighed 147 pounds after my 3rd son was born,went to WW and said I’d like to lose half a stone,the leader said I was being unrealistic!Don’t know what happened after that but 150 pounds here I come,can’t wait to see you again!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Cheers, everyone! There are a lot of positive goals being recorded here. πŸ™‚ Happy to see you back on the
    forums, wendyq. Good luck, ladies! All the tools necessary for success are here, so ask lots of questions,
    and GO FOR IT!

Allie

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good morning all,
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I need to say I probably had a little bit too many carbs as went fruit picking on Saturday and I kept still eating it on Sunday evening. Well, started this morning with two rashers of bacon, two sliced mushrooms and two eggs with two tomatoes πŸ™‚ for breakfast. At the moment I am on my second coffee and second large glass of water :-).
    Well, hopefully, I haven’t done too much damage to myself at the weekend and am ready for the weigh in tomorrow morning so we can start the chase to the 150 πŸ™‚
    All the best to us all.
    Skinny to be
    xx

PS. Wendy, 147lb after your 3rd son? Blimey! I must have 3 last time I was 147 πŸ™‚ xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning skinny, allie, wendy, zinny,mixmatch, kazz.
    I will be waying fully dressed before my coffee and water in the morning. Then I am off to New York from Florida, but will check in. Won’t be able to weigh until I get back next Thursday. Good luck everyone!

• posted by Violinist
    on

weighing in

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist, just do not put the suitcase on the scales too when weighing in πŸ™‚
    Coz losing 50lb in a week would be cheating – LOOOOL. Enjoy your time in NY
    All the best,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Safe travels, Violinist! Do you have family in Manhattan?

• posted by Violinist
    on

Very funny skinny!

Allie, I have 9 brothers and sisters and 4 children and there are 22 chikdren between all of us! Yup, family in New York Ity, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, South Carolina, Minnesota etc etc

• posted by Violinist
    on

My typing is really bad. β€œchildren” and β€œNew York City”

• posted by wendyq
    on

Violinist,hope you have a great holiday .
    I just added up my calories and carbs today,737 calories and 38 carbs,that’s because I had a stir fry for tea,I try to keep between 20 and 30g.Tomorrow we’re going to a tapas restaurant with our son and daughter in law.I’m not going to stuff my face,will keep off the bad carbs and not have a dessert.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hey Wendy,
    Good job! It is had to follow this diet when out to dinner. I am about to go to New York for a week and that will be difficulty!

• posted by alliecat
    on

You must have some wonderful family reunions, Violinist! I hope the temps are tolerable in NYC this week.
    I try to avoid Manhattan in the summer…it always feels like the heat is radiating up from my shoes! I’m
    now living in the middle of CT, instead of on the coast, so it’s a longer haul to get into the city for the
    symphony, ballet or an opera than it used to be. Mostly I miss easy access to the Metropolitan Museum of
    Art, though. When I was in my 20’s I saw the “Mona Lisa” there, and was stunned at how small it actually
    was!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Florida Violinist,
    Do all Violinist family meet at the Violinist sister’s house in NYC? If so, no wonder your sister doesn’t want to cook. All those Violinists seniors with ‘chikdren’ there no surprise. She’d be making soup for an army. And all the dietary requirements…. Yep, I’m with the sister Violinist. All eating out. Loooool πŸ˜‰
    Have a safe trip.
    Sending all my love, Florida Violinist ❀.
    Speak soon
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

You guys make me laugh

• posted by Violinist
    on

I am going upstate to Binghamton. I do have a sister in NYC, and By nghamton and Atlanta and Minneapolis and Rhode Island!

• posted by Violinist
    on

My plan for eating out is chicken, salmon, or pork with a salad

• posted by Violinist
    on

Breakfast is egg whites and something fatty like cheese

Lunch is a green veggie and chicken, salmon, or turkey

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist,
    You’ve got it all planned out, girl. I’m worried you’ll beat me to 150lb in a week and a half – max 2. Not that I’m competitive….but I love to win πŸ˜‰.
    I’m sure the rest of the Violinists will be surprised seeing you and how well you look and will be playing the most beautiful tune of ‘ooohhhh-aaaaah-what-a-stunning-Violina’.
    All of them speechless.
    Here’s to the good feeling, V, when they see you. πŸ˜€
    Skinny to be
    Xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Allie,
    I ‘met’ Mona Lisa too, lucky, I didn’t have to travel far. Only to Louvre but was delighted I got to her as closely as humanly possible without being harassed by the security.
    We did have an eye-to-eye and ate acquainted since.
    There is something about here.

• posted by alliecat
    on

You’re delightful, skinnytobe!
    Ah, the finger lakes district, Violinist! We lived in Ithaca when husband was in graduate school at Cornell.
    The gorges were magnificent! Winter snows were not to be believed, however. One winter there actually
    was 6′ on the ground, and when we returned after Christmas break we had a hard time finding our house!
    That doesn’t sound too bad at the moment however, since we are heading to 90F today πŸ™‚

• posted by Violinist
    on

Allie, that area is where I grew up. I was an assistant dean at the graduate school at Binghamton University and retired from BU.

I don’t miss the snow

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a coincidence, Violinist! The one thing I can attest to is the efficiency in snow removal there…It does
    make me shake my head when D.C. or Atlanta is paralyzed by a few inches! My husband decided to leave
    the corporate world about 16 years ago, and re-invent himself as a Professor. I expect you know the type
    very well!!! It must be fantastic to be retired, and living on the Gulf coast πŸ™‚

• posted by Violinist
    on

I have brothers and sisters who are also the type!

Yes, I love the gulf coast!

• posted by zinny
    on

Good day to you all!
    Just back from walking the dog, straight onto the scales and happy to report a 2 lb loss for this week. This leaves me with 8 lb to lose to get to 150. If I can manage a loss of 1 lb per week I will get there!
    Away this weekend so my challenge will be having a healthy breakfast and not going mad for dinner! Always more difficult when one is away from home, but it can be done.
    Violinist it must be wonderful to be part of such a big family! I love reading about the different places in USA. One day I would love to motorhome around part of USA, where would I go, it’s a dream but they do come true sometimes don’t they?
    Down we go good luck to us all
    Skinny better the fruit than a big bar of chocolate or carby bread!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good glorious morning all,
    Zinny, What a good 2 lb loss in the past week. It means than your starting weight is 158lb, of I’m correct. πŸ˜€
    My weight hopped up a bit from Friday but we did have eating out with a bunch of friends and family, but still 4lb down on last tuesday.
    My starting weight is then 177lb.
    Onwards and downwards ladies πŸ˜€.
    Florida Violinist, no cheating, when hopping on the scales do so without the suitcases πŸ˜‚.

Good luck to us all on the descent.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by wendyq
    on

What good weight losses Zinny and Skinny.Just got weighed and I’m 169.5 pounds .Well the tapas restaurant is closed for the holidays unfortunately so we’re looking at going to Bella Italia instead as there’s a good Groupon deal.Typical we’re going out for a meal at the beginning of a new challenge but it’ll be fine.I’m going to just to have fluids and eat spinach if I’m hungry in order to save calories for tonight,wish me luck!I won’t starve to death,my hunger will be all in the mind,mind over matter,that’s what I’m going to tell myself all day.
    Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Godo morning Wendyq,
    that’s a fantastic starting weight. I’m thinking of putting a s/sheet together with all the participants to track it and then one sweet day to just post it for us to have it in our eyes week by week πŸ™‚
    I’ve ‘discovered’ Miso soup sachets. Waitrose has them like 5 sachets per packet at Β£2 (not sure of other supermarkets but they would be in the similar bracket) and when I tried the first one I was trying to persuade myself it is quite gross after the first sip. But the longer I sipped it the better it tasted. It has 21calories and quite good in all the other numbers so it could help you today to ‘tackle’ the hunger.
    I brought I packet of those soups with me to work as well as a packet of almonds and am trying to leave my wallet at home so would not be tempted by the divine smells from the canteen and would need to rely on my own lunches (which I do most of the time) or would need to ‘treat’ myself to the miso soup and almonds.
    Happy days, Wendy. I hope your son is now sleeping well through the nights and you’re having a little more sleep for yourself.
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning folks!
    173 this morning

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist,
    Good morning, your weight is duly noted.
    Have a safe flight and we’ll see you when we see you. Enjoy your holibobs in NYC.
    All the best,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

So to remind myself, here is today’s menu.

5 am – coffee and 1.5 ounces leftover thurkey thigh
    8 am – 1/2 cup egg whites in 1/4 chopped green pepper
    12 pm – 1 cup romaine, 4 cherry tomato, oil and vinegar – 1 tablespoon, 1/3 cup avocado, 3 kalamata, 3 ounces leftover turkey thigh

6:30 pm – 6 ounce lamb chop and 1/2 cup broccoli

• posted by Violinist
    on

Holibobs? Skinny, I am 3 hours north of the city in Binghamton, NY.

So let’s see
    Violinist 173 @ 5’4” age 62
    Wendy 169.5
    Skinny 177
    Zinny 158
    Mixnmatch ?
    Kazz?

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Holibobs = holiday πŸ™‚
    xx
    Skinny @5‘5″ age 40

Please log in or register to post a reply.