The BIG chase to 150lb

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thank you for the well wishes!

• posted by wendyq
    on

Thanks,Skinny to be,I haven’t tried miso soup before,we don’t have a Waitress in these parts(Scotland) but will have a look for those sachets in the other supermarkets.Our son is sleeping better,thanks but awake very early,around 5ish.I’ve just made myself a cup of Bovril,it’s along time until 7pm!I’m keeping myself very busy today doing the garden so won’t have time to think of food.

• posted by Violinist
    on

How cute!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Wendyq,
    if you were not that far away, I’d asked you to come and do something about my back garden to keep you ‘occupied’.
    You go, girl, you’ll do well today.

V, how’s the holibobs going? xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

I had a miso soup for lunch and 10 almonds.

For brekkie, I had 1 rasher of bacon, about 80g of shiitake mushrooms and two egg omelette with spring onion greens on top.
    it was lovely. I still have about 412 cals for today but am unsure what to have for dinner.

Maybe I’ll give the recipes section a go.

All the best, girls.
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Holibobs starts tomorrow with an early flight. Can’t wait!!

• posted by wendyq
    on

So far I’ve had a spoonful of peanut butter,a spoonful of greek yogurt and some spinach,lots of water,herbal tea and a cup of bovril.Only 2 hours to go till dinner!I’m being realistic and will probably go over 800 calories but will compensate by eating less the next day,over the week it’ll all even out.

I’d love to help you in the garden Skinny to be,people can’t understand what pleasure I get out of digging etc.Do you have a big garden?I grow quite a lot of veg and fruit,we also have a pond which is rapidly drying up in this heat.You’ll be able to have something nice for your 412 calories.

Violinist,have a great holiday!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks Wendy!

I will have to look up what a rasher if bacon is

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Wendyq,
    I do understand the joy of digging and mucking about with soil. I think there something primal about a human being touching the soil, working it. I used to have an allotment but had to give it up as it would take me away from the little one and also we travelled a lot over the past almost 5 years at times 9 weeks at the time and I would end up tending the jungle rather than finding a courgette or else there πŸ˜€. I’ll get one in the near future again but until then my neighbour is my supplier of the ‘goods’ home grown.
    My back garden has steps down and on each side I have raised beds with evergreens. The steps lead to my patio and then is the lawn. I also have a slimline apple tree at the back of the garden but mostly the back of the garden needs flowers or something that climes the fence and is fragrant. I just cannot decide what to put in there. Was thinking some lavender bush with sister is or else but the ideas are ever-changing and that’s why I can’t ‘move my ass’ to hear and do something about it.

We went to John Lewis, after work, as my husband’s glasses were ready for collection and we ended up having coffee at KuPP restaurant on the terrace while the little one was munching meatballs. Coming home o had a bit of this and that so may have gone over 800cals. Had a carrot and cucumber sticks with a bit of humour and a fillet of smoked mackerel. I also found a courgette crisps (American ‘chips’) which I put I the oven and if it goes as brilliant as I think it may I will post a recipe.

Wendyq, you enjoy now your well well deserved dinner xx

Violinist, thinking about you and your holibob. Enjoy, my friend xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Wisteria-Not sister is ,looool

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Humous-not humour

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist, your yesterday’s spell g is a virus easily caught- loooool 😜

• posted by zinny
    on

Well here we are ready for the off as they say. I’ll look out for miso soup, no Waitrose here in Pembrokeshire perhaps Tesco will have it.. I tried frozen raspberries mixed with yogurt after seeing it in the Mail on Sunday Michael Moseley supliment in there absolutely delicious. I have also tried mixing yogurt and mayo 1 part mayo to 3 parts yogurt, then adding to it some minced garlic or chopped chilli in a jar or mustard, you get the picture. It makes a lovely dressing and not too heavy on carbs or calories.
    Good luck to us all
    Onwards and downwards

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Weigh in today at 172 pounds, but may not shift any for a while as heading to the land of pain, vin & Boursin on Friday. Won’t be able to report next week but will come and admit any holiday transgressions and give a revised ‘starting’ weight the following Tuesday. Onwards and downwards everyone.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Lol, I misread that Mixnmatch. I thought you were going to the land of pain! Poor you, what’s it all about? But no, vin and boursin!!
    Have a lovely holiday 😎
    Maggie

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Mixnmatch, welcome and you may be surprised the land of delish food may actually work for you too.
    We’ve got still until Friday so let’s see how well can we do between now and Friday so you’re equipped the number on the day before you go.
    All the best
    Skinny to be xx

• posted by wendyq
    on

Well I think Bella Italia is quite good for this WoE,plenty of choice.I had mushrooms in a cheesy sauce,then spiralized veg with a lentil and mushroom sauce,then a small pudding so not too much damage done.I actually feel quite hungry now,it’s after 1am,we’ve been sitting up talking.Son and daughter in law brought 2 boxes of Thorntons,managed to give some to our carers but lots left.Ours is a busy house and there’s always lots of visitors so guess who’ll get the chocolates.
    There was no miso soup in Asda,will look in Tesco next time I’m there.
    Skinny,your garden sounds lovely,well organised.Maybe in the area of the garden you’re not too sure about you could have veg or fruit bushes.Blackcurrants and redcurrant can be grown against a fence,so can raspberries.We planted golden raspberries against the back of our shed 3 years ago and the amount of berries we get are amazing,last year they cropped from June until November.You can’t do everything and an allotment is a lot of work.All the travelling you did sounds great,what an experience.Every night our dog tells us when the hedgehog comes to our garden,I think it’s a female so hopefully there’ll be a baby at some point.
    Mixnmatch,have a lovely holiday when the time comes.
    Hope everyone can stay on track tomorrow.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Wendy,
    Your dinner sounds so delicious. I haven’t been to Bella Italia, well, maybe 6-7 years now. Good to know how very BSD friendly they are. I hope there is a new day for you without much struggle today as you did wonderfully yesterday but that’s enough for one day. A more easy day for you today.
    About my bottom garden, there isn’t THAT much space where I could put all the bushes you’ve mentioned although now you said it I wish there was THAT amount of space. The idea of raspberries though is very tempting. What is golden raspberries. Are they GOLDEN just in name or colour too and what do they taste to compare with the standard raspberries. My little girl loves going to the local PYO farm and raspberries are her favourite fruit (she switched from LEMONS πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹ after about 2 years) so here’s a food for thought. I also got a rose bush , the one on a long stem with a big head and abundance of little flowers that is still in the pot as havent made the decision where it’ll go and I’m also longing for an olive tree, the decorative one as the the standard one if potted in the middle of the lawn would take up all the space after 100 years of growing. Not that it would be my problem then- looooool. Olive tree is my favourite of all trees.

Well, I hope, when I eventually come out of bed (I’ve been waking up after 5am lately and I only went to bed just before midnight) and hop on the scales I’ll see a nice drop.

All my love and best wishes for today, my friends.
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Started at 177lb.
    I like it – 174.8lb πŸ€ͺ. Sheer delight xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good 2:26 am in Florida ladies! I am up and see skinny lost 3 pounds! Good job!

I am not a gardener, but love to hear about it.

Have a great day!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Florida Violinist, if only it was 3lb, it’s 2.2lb πŸ™‚

Have a safe flight πŸ™‚
    xx

• posted by wendyq
    on

Skinny to be,that’s amazing,to lose over 2 pounds in 2 days,that’s never ever happened to me before,well done,you’ll reach 150 pounds in no time!
    Re the raspberries,there’s 2 yellow or golden varieties that I know of called All Gold and Fall Gold,there may be more,they are a yellow/golden colour and are sweeter than the red ones,don’t have that tang about them that raspberries often have.Mine are supposedly autumn cropping which means around August but like I said before they crop from the end of June.They freeze well and I made some lovely jam from them over the winter.I know of 2 places where yellow raspberries are growing in the wild as well.There are so many fruit variations,you can get black raspberries and white blackberries and I have a cross between a gooseberry and blackcurrant.

Violinist you must be shattered,hope you get a good sleep tonight.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

I’m worried the football semi-finals will blow my BSD diet tonight. What a stress and drama!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Pass me a CAAAAAKKKKEEEEE
    thank God I don’t have any but it wouldn’t be safe after the English defeat in Russia losing to Croatia.
    ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good morning ladies,
    What a sad thing England losing to Croatia but Croatia earned their victory. It was nerve wrecking and I really realised how easy stress (oh yes, that football made me stressed, not that really care for ⚽️ in general, only big competitions when I watch) can blow all the good intentions. I had two 90% Lindt chocs that, I think it was Verano, was recommended. It made realised, now that I’m more food focused, how easy it was for me to reach for something. And not just something and that’s it, but repeatedly. I hope the experience will equip me better how to deal with the situations in the near and distant future.

How are you all doing, girls?

Wendy, I started researching raspberry plants and it may happen I’ll have one planted in the corner of my garden for the little one. Now just to make the decision which type. Thank you

Here’s to a good day ahead and hopefully a better one than yesterday

All the best
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

90% Lindt chocs is meant two squares not full chocs looool

• posted by zinny
    on

Just back from walking King Zinny and my Fitbit tells me I am spending more time in the peak ! Going up the hill is getting easier, but I will never be as quick as King Zinny!
    Hope we are all doing ok. I’m away this weekend so my challenge will to be mindful of what I eat and to stay away from sweet puddings. The desire for sweet carby things is not so strong now, but I know that for me staying away from them is the best way as once I start, I know it will reawaken the desire to go barking bonkers with a big spoon. Sad I know, but better to leave it alone than reawaken the monster!
    Yesterday I realised that a pair of jeans I was wearing really were too big. These jeans were the pair I tried to put on to come home on 20 th May. They were so tight, the thought of sitting on a plane for 5 hours and the car journey afterwards was enough to set me on the BSD road. I travelled home in a dress and started BSD the next day. So glad I did.
    Onwards and downwards all.

• posted by wendyq
    on

Zinny,that’s great your jeans are too big now.I’m fitting better into my clothes these days,it’s a wonderful feeling.We’ve had visitors for a few days but I’ve been pretty good with my eating,have gone over calories but carbs haven’t been too bad .We have a barbecue at a local park with loads of friends tomorrow and next week we’re away for a couple of days.There’s always something isn’t there .Maybe that’s why I’ve been static for so long as there seems so few days of “normality” where I’m at home and there’s just family and that’s it.Life is full of challenges!The week after my mum is coming for a week,she likes to go out for lunch and has huge amounts of food.She’s diabetic and says she has to eat regularly i.e. every 3 hours or so or her blood sugar dips.She’s 80 so what can I say?!Usually she helps herself to whatever food she wants so I’m not continually making her meals.The good thing is that she’s not bothered about puddings.
    Last night we were looking at some old photos,saw some of me about 3 stone heavier than what my weight currently is,I looked horrendous!
    Hope we can all have a good weekend and stick to what we should.The results will be with it and come September 1st we’ll all be so much slimmer,I can’t wait.Thanks Skinny to be for starting this thread.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning ladies!
    I am in NY very busy. Glad you are all well.

• posted by zinny
    on

Yes Wendyq I’m pleased to see them getting too big. I’ve got jeans in all sizes, here, so I won’t need to go out buying new ones just yet. However I did try on a pair of linen trousers in Debenhams and they did not have my size, so I took a chance and ordered online. Very pleased after trying them on as they are a size smaller, than the ones I tried on in the shop. In fact if I had been a bit more patient I could have maybe got down another size, but by the time that happens it will good bye hot weather hello Autumn. ! I found that for me it takes about 21 lb to get down to the next size. Mind you the stores are not all the same are they? A garment from M and S in a 12 will be more generous than a Peacocks size 12. Saying that I bought a linen dress from peacocks size 12 and lined for Β£20. This was bought last year and was really too tight then. I tried it on today and it’s still snug, but it is wearable. However if I dropped anything on the floor it would have to stay there.
    Away from home this weekend, so I will try to be careful.
    Down we go.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Hello girls,
    How are you doing? I’ll be short this evening as a very long day at work (financial year end coming up) and also we HAVE TO BAKE with my little one.
    I’m dreading that as the bread is already smelling like heavens front yard…
    Knowing myself, anything goes…
    I have bought a pair of M&S size 12 trousers at the beginning of the year and was too fat for the buttons to meet. Guess what, I wore them over the past two days as finally fitting in them looking reasonably well. My husband complemented me. He’s expression is also that I’m taking less room in any room πŸ˜€.
    You gotta love this man. That’s why I married him 😍πŸ€ͺ

Violinist, enjoy NY and I hope you’re having a marvellous time.
    Zinny, Wendy it’s so nice when the scales ate moving down and the clothes start hanging on the hips. And the realisation one does have HIPS not something podgy πŸ‘

Have a lovely weekend
    xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Hello all,
    Yep, as I predicted yesterday, I made the bread and other stuff my my little girl for the nursery bring and share picnic. I ate the bread rolls and then some. While I was at it I had to try the biscuit too. You know the ‘drill’ πŸ€”
    So today had a coffee and then we went to the city centre to buy some clothes for the Alps for my little girl so all of us are well suited and booted for the holidays. Then popped to the butchers to get some meat for the pulled pork I’m trying to make the first time and hopefully it’ll be awesome as want to make for September little girl’s b’day party. Also bought some chipolates and cooked them for lunch. 4xfor the girl, 6x for the Mr Skinny to be and 2x for me. I need to rectify the yesterday’s shenannigans. Now sitting in the garden under the parasol with frozen raspberries and a bit of double cream over them and pretending it’s an ice cream wherever the double cream froze over the raspberries. Hopefully, the damage isn’t too great. I panicked and didn’t hop on the scales this morning but am determined to deliver a loss to compare on the starting weight.
    I hope you all are enjoying the lovely weather.
    All my love,
    Skinny to be
    xx

Ps. The pulled pork smells heavenly, only 6hours to go – loooooooool πŸ˜€, I think the smoked paprika, cumin and a tsp of brown sugar are the magic mixture traveling around the house. xx

• posted by wendyq
    on

Skinny to be,don’t feel too bad,these things happen and homemade bread is delicious,think I would have had some as well.There’s a Real Bread place near us and a couple of years ago all I had to eat one Saturday was bread,butter and jam I don’t know how many times!Each day is a challenge to me and although most of the time I stick to the principles it’s easy to go over on calories and carbs.Usually any extra carbs come from veg stir fry,when they are all added up it’s quite a bit .
    You’re getting there with your size 12 trousers,it’s a great feeling.I have one pair of size 12 trousers that fit but they’re too long,I’m only 5ft 2.

Zinny,that’s progress with your size 12 dress.

I look forward to having all my clothes a size 12,don’t know how much weight I’ll have to lose for that to happen,should be there by the end of this challenge,that’s something to look forward to.

Hope we all have a good day tomorrow.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good morning girls,
    I hope you’re well.
    I realised my biggest struggles are the weekends. Friday afternoon onwards. While at work, working my fat @ss off (currently it’s the end if the financial year – yeah, I know, very unusual, but the university I work for has 3 financial years – calendar, fiscal and the university’s own. Go figure, hey? πŸ™‚), I don’t ‘move freely’ as I do when at home. While working I’m thinking numbers on the screen im good but not so much at home when I roam around the place. And all the good things I’ve done during the week end up 95% of the time reverted.
    I made the pulled pork yesterday and it’s delicious, something that should get me through next few days and a few lunches and dinners in the Skinny to be household.
    Here’s to the next week ahead and hopefully it’s a good one and closer to the loser fitting size 12 clothes.πŸ˜‰
    All the best,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Hello girls πŸ˜€,
    The laughing face is for me as i feel ecstatic. You know when you fit into size 12 and feel amazing and surprised. Well, we went to the city centre today and had about 15 minutes before the bus was coming so we popped into UNIQLO shop (I haven’t bought anything there ever as have not had any desire to go there. Cannot explain), anyhoo, there was a white top that caught my eye. Went to try it on and was a bit show off wanted to try size M instead of L to get the idea how far off I was of fitting in. Not only it was quite baggy but I ended up buying size S(!). Oh yes, size S
    (At this point I don’t care how wrong the sizing is, but the thought that my boobs and the rest of me fitted into size S without looking like a sasauge and it looks elegant makes me grinning like a pillock πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ🌞
    Yippppeeee
    S xx

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Fantastic Skinny what a moment !! Enjoy it πŸ€—

• posted by wendyq
    on

That’s fantastic,no wonder you’re chuffed!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m grinning from ear to ear. Congratulations, skinnytobe πŸ™‚ Embrace
    every step forward! So happy that you’re part of our “play group”!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Well done Skinny.

• posted by wendyq
    on

Well I won’t be on here for a few days as we’re off wild camping in the north of Scotland tomorrow ,will report back sometime on Thursday.

• posted by zinny
    on

Oh what a feeling…….. size small. Wear the garment inside out so all can see the label ! For years I cut the labels out as I did not want anyone to see the dreaded size 18 or 20 or XXL . No weight loss to report this week, I stayed the same. We have been away from home , but I was quite happy not to eat a big fry up at the hotel, and at other mealtimes I was mindful of what I ate. Better to have a little bit of fresh fruit than to dive into cake, ice cream or other carby desserts.
    We did the i fly thing this weekend., you go into a cubicle with a professional and the power of the air being blown through the fans makes you leave the ground. Amazing experience. The weight limit was 18 stone. Three years ago I would not have been able to participate as would have been too heavy. A great experience and I looked almost normal in the flying suit!

• posted by marie123
    on

What a great result Skinny – your absolute delight jumps off the page xx

Zinny – well done on managing the whole hotel thing – always a tricky one for me. But, wow, you’ve really made me want to go on one of those flying things – and what a fantastic NSV!

wendyq – enjoy the wild camping in beautiful Scotland.

Hope everyone goes well today.

• posted by zinny
    on

Wild camping, fabulous! We will be under the stars ourselves this weekend in deepest Herefordshire. I’m in charge of the bbq so lots of chicken for me!
    The I fly was amazing, but I think my biggest delight was being able to fit into a medium flying suit!
    Down we go

• posted by Violinist
    on

You guys are doing great. Me, not so much. I have been in New York eating out all week. I go home to Florida today and will put in a strict 6 weeks. Think it is time for more prayer on this. Talk to you soon!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Hello girls,
    I seemed to be quiet over the past few days. Well, life happened and as usually, also unexpectedly everything was just up in the air. One of the things was I got a horrendous period. I really had to reach 40 years of age to experience the drama. I was ‘leaking’ so badly my blood pressure dropped. That’s not something I’ve ever experienced. Anyhoo, was so tired I could barely move and moved just from the sofa to bed at 7.30pm on Sunday. I didn’t really have much energy to do anything and was just ploughing through the past days. I was worried that stepping on the scales I would just give up. But, I made the decision I step on the scales on Friday and see the damage. I got much better today and was very BSD friendly so combined with tomorrow will see what I can deliver. I feel a little bit more comfortable in my size 12 trousers but still freaking out about the number on the scales. And the reason for is this chase to 150 πŸ˜€.

Zinny, Wendy, Marie, JGwen Maggie and Florida Violinist I hope you had a wonderful bunch of the past few days and enjoy your holibobs, it being NY or hotels, camping or else. I hope to be back tomorrow morning and a little more fired up as at the moment am still dragging my feet behind me but on the way up with the energy.

I am not promising, I know so, tomorrow is going to be a better one as I’m wearing my new size ‘S’ top to work. And that’s a booster and a half 😜.
    Sending all my love to you all and see you tomorrow.
    Skinny to be
    xxx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

…And forgot to say I did 60seconds of plank today and was pleased with the time but also the stamina was there and made me feel good. Here’s to the better, stronger and more positive Thursday xxx

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Wow Skinny, that must have been so scary, hope you’re feeling OK now. Take care of yourself xx
    Maggie

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m sorry, skinny! I had episodes like that through perimenapause, too. It became so bad that not only couldn’t I
    leave the house, but some days I couldn’t leave the bathroom for hours πŸ™‚ It seems that I was over producing
    estrogen, and the solution was 100mg of progesterone from a derivative of the sweet potato. I think it’s
    available in a cream today. It’s definitely disconcerting, though. I hope yo feel better soon!

Allie

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Maggie,
    Scared the bejesus out of me. I’m not gonna lie but was glad 24 hours later I knew it’s on its worst way out. Now all getting better.
    Hope you’re well. Although no posting I am reading you thread. πŸ™‚, you’re doing great, girl.
    Skinny xx

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Aww, thank you 😘

Please log in or register to post a reply.