The BIG chase to 150lb

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist,
    I had a marvellous dinner today. It sounds ridiculous but after yesterday this was amazing. Green beans (size = cereals bowl) 1 hard boiled egg quartered and a handful of black olives. A bit seasoning and a posh olive oil (THAT I’m stealing from my husband he’s some sort of connoseur when it comes to olive oil and this one was ยฃ20 for 750ml, whatever that is in oz ๐Ÿ˜€). You wouldn’t believe how much I enjoyed it. Not sure how many of what it had but it was awesome. Exactly my ‘recovery’ thing I’ve decided.

I’ve done some cleaning, my packing, washing, preparing the dog and now am going to hit the pillow so can thing of you when I wake up at 5am. You j8nxed it for me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜.

All the best my friend,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist, good morning my friend,
    Yesterday went to bed just before 11pm, after cleaning, washing , ironing, dog sorting etc., was dreading this morning waking up before, on or just after 5am. I woke up early but only by 7 minutes before my alarm kicked off – but at 5.36am. I’m telling you, those 36 minutes did make a difference. Still a bit tired but have a feeling of being more rested. I have an easy day ahead – food wise.
    On Thursdays I fast. From the LAST meal I had on Wednesdays until the first meal I have on Fridays. This is my easiest fast. I get tempted on shorter IFs but not on Thursdays. My Thursday fasts are dedications- there is someone very close to me, a couple, who have been together since their late teens. Now 20 years later, married for 5 years and three failed IVFs, they are still waiting for the miracle a lot of us are taking for granted. Both of them successful, have the infrastructure any new parents would be happy to have with family and friends in the vicinity to step in to help and babysit if needed. Everything in place, only one little God’s blessing is missing….
    And so my irrelevant ‘suffering’ incomparable to theirs is something that each time I tell myself I should/want/need/desire to eat something I think of them. It’s really funny, the usual 35 hours of this, is not much a problem for me to plough through. I I find it difficult on occasions to get through 16/8 or18/6 IFs .

Today, not being occupied by preparing the food for myself And just carrying on with the packing and cleaning, the day should just whizz by.

Wishing you all the best my friend.
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good 5:06 am in Florida, Skinny!

• posted by Violinist
    on

So Skinny, I have never had a dog. What kind of things do you sort for the dog? Your dinner looks i teresting. I canโ€™t eat eggs, but sure loved them! I eat egg whites. Last night I made beef tips and peppers and onions with mushrooms. Linch was poached perch and romaine and I did not have breakfast.

I wish you a wonderful vacation, Skinny!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist,
    My dog, a Manchester Terrier, an oldie, now being 14.5years old, is going to stay with my little girlโ€™s nursery teacher, for the second time ever. Ever since we got him heโ€™s been travelling with us. Now him being old and frail itโ€™s a little bit too much for him to hike with us in the Alps.
    So needed to sort or his bedding, to wash it, clean his crate etc, washing the carrier bag we used to carry him when he was younger and tired (much easier to carry him in the bag than to carry him in the arms. Then preparing his food, treats, poo bags, washing his bowls, organising the paperwork for him โ€“ like whoโ€™s his vet, his insurance details in case, God forbid, something happens etc. A lot of thing going into that little old man who weighs the same amount as I want to lose. Tonight I’m going to drop him off and after that i’ll be more packing and cleaning of the house. tomorrow is the last day at work and then finalising the stuff we need to take, put it all into the car, prepare food for the journey and 2am on Saturday morning โ€ฆ.Away we go ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope you have a lovely day with no struggles.
    All my love,
    Skinny to be
    xx ๏Š

• posted by Violinist
    on

Wow, Skinny, that is more care than a newborn! What love you have for him!
    So you can drive to Switzerland from England thru a tunnel? Have a wonderful last day of work and safe trip, Skinny!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Violinist,
    we take Eurotunnel (a big train you board with your car and stay in the car as it takes on 35 minutes to appear on the other side in France) and then driving through France to Germany where we stay overnight and early wake up sunday morning, having breakfast and to get to Samnaun in Switzerland in early afternoon as i’m planning to spend a lot of time in the swimming pool and sauna and jacuzzi and all the other fancy facilities. Monday…we go hiking ๐Ÿ™‚
    My dog, I have always been saying, was my choice and therefore I shouldn’t put him away when I wanted to go on hols. He was part of the family and I wouldn’t put my kid away because I want to go on hols, hence he was a very well travelled little pooch ๐Ÿ™‚

…and he was my baby for 9.5 years ๐Ÿ™‚ xxxx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Very cool, Skinny! Your pooch is a lucky dog!!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

He has been, Violinist, he has been. I have a feeling this might be his last summer after all those 14.5 years together… ๐Ÿ™
    Still, I think he’s seen and visited more places than some people in their lifetimes ๐Ÿ™‚
    Love him xx

• posted by zinny
    on

Skinny enjoy your holiday. Iโ€™m back from Yorkshire tomorrow and hope to get a bit off for Tuesday.
    Have a great time !
    Zinny

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hi Zinny!

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Hey Zinny, how’s Yorkshire? You’ve got to love that part of the world. Just York itself, magnificent. Hope you had a wonderful time.

I just came home from dropping off the dog at those lovely people who are going to look after him for over three weeks while we holibobing and suddenly nobody being in a way or me tripping over him…It feels very strange ๐Ÿ˜ข.
    Made the beautiful girl her dinner, the washing machine is on and it seems the pieces of puzzles are falling into each other. At this rate I’ll be in bed tomorrow at 7pm and everything will be done… A scary and exhilirating thought at the same time.
    I’m hoping to report from Switzerland too and hoping it may be also positive news on the weight loss rather than just the beauties the mountains are. โ›‘๐Ÿ”๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ

All my love,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Morning,
    a bit busy so will be short. after yesterday’s fast it helped me to get on track and was 173lb.
    Hopefully the next coming days in Switzerland I’ll keep the carbs curbed, swim in the swimming pool and steam in sauna and hike in the hikeable mountains ๐Ÿ™‚
    I hope there is scales at the gym there, although it being swiss, the precision measuring may disappoint me but I promise i’ll do my utmost to stay on track.
    sending all my love to you, girls.
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Skinny, – wishing you a wonderful holiday – it sounds marvelous! Hello to Violinist and Zinny! Hope you are both having a good day!

• posted by marie123
    on

Yes Skinny – have a great holiday, and a good weekend to all

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good morning ladies,
    How are you?
    We’ve just got back from breakfast at the hotel in Germany and I’m delighted to report I had scrambled eggs, two little sausages, a pot of plain yoghurt, a lot of sliced cucumbers a slice of mozzarella with two slices of tomatoes and some nuts. Two black coffees and some sparkling water.
    I know it may be a big brekkie but there is nothing else for me to eat for the rest of the day until tomorrow morning in our hotel in the Swiss alps. Probably โ˜บ.
    I packed very BSD friendly food with us yesterday and nobody, husband or daughter, complained for our journey from the UK to Germany.
    Sliced cucumbers, tomato mozzarella olives salad, veg burgers, chicken goujons, celery sticks, yellow and red pepper slices and apples.
    Now, packed the car back again and….away we go. My next post will be from ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ, after indulgences that are awaiting me – swimming, sauna, massages egg. Yeeeey me, if for nothing else, for this it was worth to turn 40 ๐Ÿคฃ.
    All the best,
    Skinny to be
    xx

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Not egg – but etc ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning late in Florida! Hi Skinny, Glad your trip and nutrition is doing so well!!! Have a great time and tell us more!!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good luck, my friends!

• posted by zinny
    on

Hello everybody! Itโ€™s stopped raining in Pembrokeshire so hopefully a bit of time in the garden later today. The weeds are back with a vengeance. Happy to report a 1 lb loss today.
    Skinny hope all going well on your holidays, and remember you ARE on holiday. We are going to the Gower this weekend, have not been for years but hoping to get a bit of walking in.
    All the best to everyone, down we go!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Looking for skinny to tell us how her trip is going

• posted by zinny
    on

Back from the Gower and an epic fail from me to stick to the plan ( knickerbocker glory anyone!) Weighed this morning stayed the same, but I ran yesterday and this morning and also did a route march with my dog yesterday which I plan to do again today.
    Hope everyone is doing well, im now planning my food for this week and there will be no frivolities as consumed at the weekend! September is coming and I want to reach that 150lb!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Zinny! I am slow but down to 169.3 clothed this morning. Down from 173

• posted by Violinist
    on

Starting weights:
    Me-173 (5โ€™4โ€, age 62)
    Skinny-177
    Wendy-169.5
    Mix-173
    Zinny-158

How is everyone doing?

• posted by wendyq
    on

Hello everyone,hope you’re having a good summer.I haven’t been on here for a while as haven’t had a lot of time to be on the computer due to family visiting and other things.I’m 168 pounds,should be a lot less but just finding things difficult.Just came back yesterday from a 2 day trip wild camping and hiking in the Cairngorms .Yesterday we walked over 22 miles and climbed the 17th highest Munroe,Ben Avore,it was amazing.I weighed my rucksack before I left,it weighed 2 stone which is how much weight I’ve lost this year.Although still in the obese range I felt quite fit and managed the walk well apart from sore feet due to arthritis.For the next few weeks I have no excuse,no one visiting until the end of the month and I want to reach 150 pounds.Don’t know if it’s doable now but will give it a good go.I need to look at the forums and receive inspiration and ideas.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good morning my friends!
    Okay, so I completely dropped this goal and must start again, but I donโ€™t give up that easily. I have the MM book and the cook book and will start again today. I have a lab in 8 weeks and doc in 9 weeks and hope to reach these goals:

weight 150
    a1c 5.5
    triglycerides no higher than 150
    blood pressure consistently lower than 130/80
    no alcohol for 9 weeks

Are you guys still out there?

• posted by wendyq
    on

I’m still here Violinist,still plugging away.Don’t know what happened to this thread,maybe everyone just lost interest ,my last post was a month ago.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good morning from Florida, Wendyq! Thank you for responding. I am plugging away also.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi chasers, I am still here and keeping on keeping on. Weight now 165 pounds after a focused couple of weeks, so the end is closer now. Hoping to be there by the end of October.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Keep it going mix, I am right behind you!

• posted by zinny
    on

Hi folks been missing in action for a while. Iโ€™m back in Cyprus and Iโ€™m here until 3 rd October. The scales say that I am 153 lb and I have been running and swimming whilst here. Iโ€™m doing my best to keep away from the carbs and at least here there is fabulous full fat yogurt and fresh pomegranate straight off the tree. I would love to remain at 153 whilst here but I think it will be a challenge. I hope that everyone is doing well and we shall just plough on regardless.
    All the best from me to you
    Zinny

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Zinny! Glad to have you back!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Violinist, Wendy, Zinny, MnM, Marie, Skinny – just popping in to say hello and now that Autumn is nipping at my (yours?) heels, it’s time for me to push on and lose a chunk before Xmas!
    Kazzeexxxx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hi Kazz!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi folks, had a more relaxed week at the end of September so some pounds have come back, before starting my planned ‘big push’ for the month of October. October 1st was 49 calories (essentially a water and non dairy hot drink fast) day 2 we got the Ofsted call so ended up with some comfort eating at 1600 so averaging 800 for the first two days I guess. So far so good today (for both Ofsted and the WOE ๐Ÿคฃ) so keeping on keeping on now until November when phase 2 (Reverse diet) kicks in for the rest of the year before Christmas. Start of October I was 169 pounds. So unlikely to quite hit 150 in just one month, but will try my very best.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hi Mixnmatch! We are with you!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Just a quick drive by, Violinist! I haven’t seen you out and about recently, but I hope you are safe
    from oncoming hurricane Michael? Let us know that you’re well provisioned and safe!

Allie

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hi Allie!
    Fortunately, I am in Port Charlotte, not Panama City. Hurricane Irma went right over my house last year and did not even rip the pool cage netting! Michael is even stronger so do wish those people well and safety.

Trying to get my head on straight for the holidays.

Thank you for asking!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

So good you will be out of the hurricane path, Violinist! It looks like it is going to pack a real punch โ€” I hope everyone there is safe.
    You mentioned about holidays โ€” they can be just fine, just intersperse some good low cal low carb days (even better fasting) with the usual party days.
    Last year I got very downhearted about how many BSDโ€™ers just gave up over the holidays, then came back in January with tales of woe โ€” I almost gave up the forums permanently because it just seemed that it was an excuse to blow it all off. We should start a thread to help everyone keep focused, even while having fun.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Very happy that you will be safe, Violinist ๐Ÿ™‚

Julia, I remember well last holiday season! It was disheartening, indeed…One very aggressive
    lurker accused me of having an eating disorder because I had no intention of using the holiday
    to indulge in cake, etc. Profoundly unpleasant! Hopefully such things remain in the past, and
    this season will leave everyone with a plan to navigate the month of Dec. with the true meaning
    of Christmas front and center ๐Ÿ™‚ Of course we will be here, to help everyone with those challenges!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

So good Allie! Letโ€™s try to help plan better for the holidays this year! There is just no point in losing weight just to pack it back on at Christmas. Everyone can still enjoy their favorites and just make some good choices in between!
    I personally wouldnโ€™t know holidays without my familyโ€™s homemade Stollen! Totally not BSD friendly but once a year I can handle it!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Allie and Californiagirl, thank you for caring!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

I’m so glad hurricane Michael has passed but very sorry to hear of a casualty. We’ve got a bit of a storm brewing in the next couple of days but I think it will mostly hit the west and north of the county. Big winds mean I’ll have a pile of leaves banked half way up my front door! I actually quite enjoy the leaves and jumping around in them when no one is looking! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Violinist
    on

That is cute Kazz!!!

Yes, ladies, we need to focus more now than ever. I am far away from family, so it is easier to stay low on the carbs. As long as I donโ€™t bring it in.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Aw, you big kid Kazzee! You’ll be confessing to jumping in puddles next ๐Ÿ˜†
    Glad you kept safe Violinist, dreadful that these storms bring so much destruction and heartache for those caught up in them.

• posted by alliecat
    on

More than a possibility, Maggie! Kazzi is fearless, and will take on any dare. I can always convince
    her to follow me into Crazy town..We’ve been discussing the possibility of putting temporary purple
    hair coloring in as a lark, and she very well might do it ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Ha! – mauve or pink! For Xmas! both work for me!
    Puddles just don’t do it for me, Maggie, only leaves! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

I would love to see you exotic ladies!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Consider skype, Maggie! Kazz invited me into that world, and now not being able to see her would
    be unthinkable ๐Ÿ™‚ You have plenty of time to consider what color streak you’d like to put into your
    hair. What would Sophie think??? Orchid pink has a real appeal for me..Nothing like co-ordinating
    my “look” with the moth orchids on my windowsill! We could begin a new BSD trend, like a secret
    handshake ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Skype sounds a plan !! Would red shoes do instead of the streaks? I think my hairdresser believes he’s in charge of the streaks on my head ๐Ÿ˜ Sophie should be ok – she was every shade of pink and purple as a teenager; I did a lot of glaring at people who were staring disapprovingly ! Oh – and my wellies are purple, so not so far off!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.