Starting Monday 29th August. Anyone want to join me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Arthurconandoyle
    on

Forgot to say that my total loss so far is 11.3 kg and although it’s small in comparison to 54andfatnomore and bloke41’s efforts, I am hanging in there and never bloody …😊

• posted by Snoop
    on

Well done everyone else!

As for me, still 82.1. Bit disappointed to be honest. I’ve been cutting back big time on the carbs again and I’ve been digging my veg patch for a couple of hours a day in a bid to catch up (am very behind, what with being away so much these last six months or so). I obviously have forgotten what 800 calories or so look like. Will have to go back to weighing and logging everything to remind myself.

Anyway, still not bloody giving up.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all, been a long week, munchies set in this week big time, had way to much nuts and even sucumb to mud cake with custard! And the worse part of it all, it didn’t taste anywhere near as good as I remembered. Got a feeling all munchies im having has a direct connection to stress at work, dead lines who needs them! Need to find me self a spa big time. Hang in there Snoop success is around the corner. Been doing he’ll of a lot of walking this week, just finished a 15km walk this morning. In scheme of things I lost 1kg for the week. I know I can’t keep up this massive amount of exercise, must go back to basics!
    Weigh in result
    105.2kg
    Waist 116cm
    1kg loss for the week
    54.7kg loss to date

Have a good one all and remember never bloody give up!

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all, week 40 done and dusted. Did my first 5km run this morning, gee I should of found flatter ground than hills of Wollongbar! Feeling burn in my legs big time.
    Todays weigh in result
    104.8kg
    Waist 114cm
    0.4 kg loss for the week
    55.1kg loss to day

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all, week 41 done and dusted. Little quiet on this thread lately, sounding like a parrot…. hope everyone is doing well. Lot of rain over the last 5 days, making it hard to get out, getting restless.
    weigh in result,
    104.1kg
    Waist 114cm
    0.7 kg loss for the week
    55.8kg loss to day

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi bloke41 (and everyone else), sorry for abandoning you. I haven’t given up, though I am still going backwards. Intentions good, but my mum’s not coping with my dad’s death and everything is a bit out of hand. Will be back on the case shortly (I hope). Best wishes and congratulations for sticking to it.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Thanks Snoop, hope to see you back soon, been slowing down big time, think the cold weather making me crave more food. Have to stop the endless snacking when l get home from work.

on

Hi there, all.
    Still hanging in there. My social life is a problem- I tend to eat the wrong things on the weekends when we are out and then spend the week losing what I put on. I know that it is just an excuse and I understand that I have to resist the carb temptations – somehow when I am actually there, though, I just fall back into my old eating style.
    That said, I am getting better at seeing eating properly as’self care’ – I am trying to see it as a reward, not a punishment, if that makes sense to anyone else.😊
    So, I am a little over 11 kgs down on where I started and not giving up.
    I do admire the self discipline of 54andfatnomore and bloke41 but completely understand snoop and totally admire her persistence and resilience too.
    Read Dr M’s book Clever Guts Diet – very interesting, as you would expect. 🙂
    Haven’t been walking the last few days – streaming cold virus at the moment, but I now miss it when I don’t do my daily routine. Have a good week all.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Vaguely attempting to get back on it. Not doing well, but better than before. Reset at 83. 5 kg.

Today’s weigh-in 82.9
    0.6 kg loss for the week
    6.8 kg total loss since August (ah well, better than nothing)

Not bloody giving up.

I was wondering about the Clever Guts book, Arthurconandoyle. I might get it and have a read. There was one phase when I was doing quite well, when my weight seemed to be dropping off much more quickly than usual. I put it down to the fact that I was eating masses of veg (not really bothering about their carb content, just no potatoes) and yogurt, so a bit like a gut biome boost.

• posted by StJames
    on

Hey all!

Hope everyone’s doing well and seeing those numbers go down.

I finish 4th week tomorrow with a total loss of 28lbs which I’m thrilled about and looking forward to some more losses over the next 4 weeks (would love for it to drop in the same way as the first 4)

I have noted the standard slow down on weight loss but wondered if anyone had any tips to speed it along? Iv recently started quite a physical job so I’d imagine that will encourage additional water weight which once flushes from my body will hopefully lower the scales but what else can I do to move this along?

Kept to my 800 cals or a little less a day, no hunger pangs at all, drinking 3/4 litres of water a day, I havnt been measuring my carbs as much but given the types of foods I’m eating they are defiantly less that 50g. My usual fasting period is between dinner at around 6pm and my next meal at 2pm the following day. Any tips would be amazing! Thanks

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi StJames,

To be honest, it sounds like you’ve got it cracked. You’re doing really well! You’re not drinking much water. Apparently water helps to flush fat out in your pee, if I’ve understood the process rightly. So more water and a bit of salt (not too much) might not be a bad idea.

You might want to look at all the other threads on the site or even start one of your own. There’s a huge amount of advice and lots of helpful people here.

Weight loss will slow down, so don’t be surprised if you don’t lose as much in the second four weeks as in the first four. If you do want to start measuring carbs, websites like My Fitness Pal and Fat Secret can help you with that.

Good luck!

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,
    Well done snoop and stjames keep it up,persistent is the key. Might have to have a squig at that book arthurconanddoyle. Been very hectic with work deadlines. Week 42 and 43 dusted last sunday. Only a 0.3kg loss taking me to 103.8 kg, 56.1 kg loss to date. This last 10kg been painfully slow. 99kg goal seem far away. Watched a interesting program on program called sunday night, about benefits of fasting. They were talking about a 5 day fast, only could have a few nut bars and soup. Research claimed it killed of bad cells and generated new stem cells. Will try to find the link. Found it fascinating. So i tried a 2 day fast just water though. Surprising i held up ok. Have a rd trip on friday for my wifes grañny funeral so dont think i get to do a weigh in this sunday. Have a good one all and most of all never bloody give up!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi bloke41,
    I’ve been doing a fair bit of intermittent and extended day fasting for autophagy (killing cells) mainly for prevention of cancer and Alzheimer’s and to keep maintenance on track.

Check out these resources:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens

…also check out Jimmy Moore’s podcast ‘Fasting Talk’. Listen from the beginning if you can, you’ll learn everything you need to know about fasting.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/fasting-talk/id1192105323?mt=2

Finally, the ‘2Ketodudes’ podcast and website is my go to for resources.
    https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/2-keto-dudes/id1086736152?mt=2

http://2ketodudes.com/

Cheers
    Linda

• posted by EC
    on

Hi bloke41…apologies all for butting into this thread….I always do a quick catch up on all the recent posts but generally only post in one forum, or I’d never get any work done! The fasting mimicking diet that you mentioned is based on the work of professor Walter Longo and my partner is working with TGA to get it into Aus (though you can order from America through him atm)
    If you want to explore it (I saw that you’re in Aus too) you can get info at prolon.com.au…contact details also on the site

I’ve done one 5 day protocol and its pretty easy (I missed my tea and coffee….but it’s only 5 days!!)

42 weeks on BSD is VERY impressive (not to mention inspiring!)…I’m on week 4 and pretty happy thus far…each day counts

• posted by fattyfattyboomboooms
    on

7 days in and I have lost 7 lbs and 1 inch off my belly fat. Fat Secret ( I also HATE that name) wouldn`t let me enter it at first!

Beyond happy.

• posted by fattyfattyboomboooms
    on

@bloke41 if I am reading it right you have lost 56 kg so far? Mate, that is amazing!

There are fat secret members who fast but I have noticed they lose and gain the same 2 or 3 lbs.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Congratulations, FFBB. That is fantastic. You must be really pleased. It’s really motivating when you see a big drop. Good luck for the coming week.

And I agree on the fasting thing about people losing and gaining the same weight and even putting more back on. That’s why I think it’s not for me.

My weigh-in: 82.3 kg
    0.6 kg loss for the week
    7.4 kg total loss

Have to go away for a bit to see my mum, who’s not coping very well at all after my dad’s death. The aim is to weigh the same on 14 July as I do today. That would be an improvement on my usual weight gain when I’m there.

• posted by EC
    on

agreed…also away next week, so maintenance the goal

good on you Snoop for supporting your mum….the forum will support you!

• posted by bloke41
    on

Thanks Linda, Ec and snoop on the fasting resources. Definally will check them all out. Like trying new things, least want to try the 5 day fast once, if only just to tick it off my bucket list. Been a trying time lately with fighting with my other half about my new found obsession of walking/jogging and exercising. Its been my no 1 priority for almost 10 months now. I almost find my self doing it in secret these days to stop the nagging. Any one else having issues with other half cracking the shits? Well done snoop and fatty on ur recent weight loss, brilliant effort. Yes fatty i cant even believe my self that ive loss 56kg, its been a hard slog but worth the effort. Have a good one all and remember never bloody give up!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Mr Snoop is making noises about starting up again with me when I get back from the UK. But the trouble is, he (and I) both like to drink wine. And I’m going to make a serious effort to stay off it. I’m not sure what my tactic is going to be. So far, the best I can come up with is I buy him a bag-in-a-box of something cheap and not too great in order to reduce the temptation.

He also thinks this diet means no bread, pasta or potatoes but he can eat lots of lentils and the like to fill up. He’s prediabetic or perhaps even T2 but in denial. I can’t get a straight story out of him: when we’ve been to the doctor together on occasion, she’s said he’s diabetic; he claims his endocrinologist has told him he’s only pre-diabetic.

One strategy I’ve tried is drinking better wine, just less frequently. But that hasn’t worked. We’ve been drinking better wine but just as much. The nicer wine has been even more of a temptation and it’s hard on the pocket too.

As you can tell, I’m very weak-willed. Last night, we were invited to an Italian friend’s house for supper to celebrate his daughter going off to Australia. Dad will obviously see her at some point (I think he’s half hoping that when she gets settled – she’s got useful skills – he’ll be able to go over too). But we’re unlikely to see her ever again. Inevitably it was pasta for the main course and cream sponge for pud. For drink, Lambrusco (pop for grown-ups) and some other red wine. I had the Lambrusco (two whopping glasses or possibly three…) but managed not to have the other wine by refusing a glass for water and just filling my wine glass with water after the Lambrusco. Mr Snoop has had to have a lie down this afternoon to recover. Me, I’m doing a good job at not being too smug. It never helps.

Bloke41, have you come across this thread?
    https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/new-life-choice-for-determined-alcoholic/page/6/#post-66273
    Mostly ladies, but lots of very funny stories that have helped, along with your success, to re-inspire me.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Should have added: is your OH feeling left behind or even left out? You’ve got new interests and you’re even almost a new you after all that weight loss. Maybe some old-fashioned dates or pampering might help?

• posted by bloke41
    on

Snoop im lucky cause i dont drink, wine really plays with my gout, not worth the pain. My wife keeps telling me my priorites are not right, and is sick of people telling her how good im going. Not sure why she gets so cranky. She couldnt sustain this, always tells me she will start but never sticks to it. Must admitt probably havent spent that much time with her asim alway doing my walks and exercising after dinner, better pull me socks up. Have a good one!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Bloke41, if she’s telling you your priorities aren’t right and she’s sick of people telling her how well you’re doing, it’s possibly because she’s jealous you’ve managed to make this huge change in your life and she hasn’t. If she hasn’t been able to keep pace with you, 56 kg isn’t just weight loss. She might be feeling you’ve left her behind.

One thing you’ll have to address is what happens when you reach your target. I’m no therapist, and these aren’t really issues for a public forum, but how you approach maintenance is going to be an issue. It’s not just a matter of adding calories or changing your exercise routine. It’ll be about how you drop back into a way of family life that has continued almost in your absence while you’ve been off doing your walks or eating differently. And how you do that without causing ructions or going backwards in terms of your weight and health.

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I shouldn’t post this. Either way, best wishes.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Makes sense snoop, i worry about maintenance big time. We have gone away on rd trip to inlaws. Things have quieted down which is good. Were also in middle of buying new place, together with work dead lines and my obsessions has made it all round stressful time for all. We have a cruise in early oct which both we are looking forward to and both need rnr to unwind. Think i will skip weigh in this week, trips away my food choices arent as good. Have a good one all, and never bloody give up!

• posted by 54andfatnomore
    on

Hi Folks

Way back when i started this stream (almost a year !!) and had no idea what was ahead

I have reached my goal and am now in the VERY TRICKY world of maintenance !!

However, I notice people talking about fasting and thought i should comment

I have stuck rigidly to the 8-week blood sugar diet recipe book

i have eaten every day. I have not fasted. ( yes i like wine, cider , beer, and er yes even cake.)

and have fitted these in around the allocated calories…

(I have also had 7 day holidays where i didnt give a HOOT what i ate !!)

remember its a daily AVERAGE of 800 not precise.

so yes i have cut to 600 and been up to 1000 (So maybe this is fasting!!) but have never worried as looking back through my diary of what i eat and my weight 7 days later (IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE)

so looking back so far, best advice I can give is STICK TO THE DIET

the best advice given to me when i started was by my Dr who simply said

‘Remember. its only you who puts the food in your mouth!’

Hope this helps
    now 55andfatnomore

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,
    Hope everyone has been well. Week 44 and 45 done and dusted. Been testing times with trip to in laws for a funeral, a very long journey in car and feeling nausea on the weekend, catching a tummy bug going around at the moment. Ended up losing 1.4kg for the last two weeks.

Weigh in result:
    102.4kg
    waist 111cm
    1.4kg loss for last two weeks
    57.5 kg loss to date

Still need another 3.4kg loss to reach my 99kg goal, seems far away, the losses have not been as big as at the beginning, though I’m powering on, almost see finishing line and conditioning myself on maintenance life style by staying on Mediterranean diet. Just one more thing before l go, remember, never bloody give up!!!!

on

Hi Bloke41

yes the losses slow down LOTS as you get towards a long term goal

I found focus was a key and i had to be VERY strict the last few weeks to shift what had been quite easy to shift previously.

Maintenance is a whole new world, eating in a non 800 calorie way is easy but easy to 8000! if not careful

I decided to keep on those scales every day and eat what i like mediterainian

I find still planning weekly meals helps

54andfatnomore

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,
    I agree 54andfatnomore, I need to be a lot stricter, my wife wants another go on bsd 8-week journey and I think I will join her for the ride. I have been sticking to the same types of food but I’ve been having much larger quantities. I never hardly worried about counting calories, just stuck to the recipes or just avoided carbs, sugar and bad fats at all costs. Though must admit I have averaged from 10km to 15km walking every day, which now has become a welcome addiction. And last couple of months I’ve entered a few 5km runs which l have enjoyed, and have not done since my early 30’s.

I have tried a lot of new things in my journey, from joining this great forum and interacting and sharing our progress together, to drinking raw apple cider vinegar tonic, to joining the 2017 1,000 mile challenge on Facebook which l completed 6 months early and pledged to do 2017 miles in 2017,to sticking to a core Strength program called A-40’s on YouTube I found, to sticking to the exercises in the bsd book 4 times a week, to taking fish oil and gelatine tablets, to watching inspirational YouTube clips on weight loss journeys when l felt l was failing, special mention to Obese to beast for his massive positive vibe , to trying a 2 day fast and skipping every Friday and Saturday breakfast since I started back on 28 Aug. 2016 ,to doing face exercises and moisturising, to doing biking and rowing, to climbing and hiking hills, to down loading the Pacer app to monitor my steps and weight loss and joining Pacer community where likeminded people share their experiences and compete in challenges.

I have more new things to try, I’m in the process of writing about my weight loss journey and have been gathering some old photos, l cannot believe how far l have come, l almost have to pinch myself. There was a time in the back of my mind l thought I would not have long left on this earth. I also have been looking into doing my story on you tube, as l found other peoples journeys to be very inspiring and helpful in times of despair. If l could just help one person it would be worth the effort.

My journey is far from over, it will be a continual one, it will be struggle for l have big since l was a baby, I have lost hell a lot of weight several times, always failing in the end, always putting back on, though l can tell you one certain thing, l will never bloody give up……

• posted by bloke41
    on

Week 46,47, and 48 done and dusted. Put on 0.3kg kg week 46 then lost 0.3kg week 47 and then put on 0.6kg week 48. Which takes me up to 103kg. Been hectic month with alot of stress with buying a new house and trying to pack for our move on 19th Aug. My 99kg goal seems so far away, getting frustrated but still not bloody giving up…have a good one all!

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all, anyone still plugging along? Just week checkin today. Week 49 done and dusted. 0.8kg loss for the week, taking me to my lowest weight on my journey so far 102.3kg. 57.6kg loss to date…. still not bloody giving up…… have a good one all!

on

Hi bloke41, snoop, 54andfatnomore, et al.

I’m still hanging in there, bloke.😁I’m travelling again, so I have no access to scales and therefore no idea of my weight. Walking heaps but eating out a lot, so no control over what goes into the food. Scotland seems very fond of fried food. I’m not sure that there is anything they haven’t battered and deep fried! We are making the best choices we can from what’s available, most of the time, anyway! 😉 The good thing about the BSD is that I know what I should be doing so that when I do go off the plan, I am very aware of what I am doing and the need to get back on track. I’ve had plenty of breaches of the diet but unlike other times in my life, I haven’t given up! That’s something that I need to thank bloke and 54 and everyone here for – your encouragement and living proof of success if one sticks to the BSD is powerful. It’s been the thing that’s kept me from trying a deep fried Mars Bar. Would you believe such a thing exists? It does in Scotland, truly! I kid you not. Good luck, everyone, and listen to bloke 41 – he’s not giving up and neither should we!😁

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi guys. Bloke41, you’re a proper inspiration. I feel as if I’m doing OK just standing still at the moment! Ridiculous, I know, but everything is very complicated. Will be back home at the end of August, so am looking to restart on 30 August this year (not 29th last year!) but at least it will be at a slightly lower starting point. Bloke41, you’re likely to have hit your target by then. Maybe it’ll be just me and Arthurconandoyle by then. Sorry not to have kept you company properly, but I haven’t quite given up.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday Snoop & Arthurconandoyle

Good to see both of your posts, thats the spirit, never bloody giving up. Finally we have moved into the new digs, still have a mountain of boxes to move around, with 4 set of stairs its making my legs turn to jelly. And dont get me started on the garden, its bloody huge and overgrown to the the buggery, will get a hell of a work out in the garden in the comming weeks/months..

Week 50 & 51 done and dusted. Put on 0.3 kg for the two weeks, taking me back up to 102.6kg, these last few kg have been very hard to shift, just cant get under that 102kg barrier. Snoop looks like your going to restart on my birthday, im sure you can do it. I was hoping to get down to 99kg by that date, though somehow l think im going to struggle. oh well, im still not bloody giving up.
    Have a good one all.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,

I can’t believe its my 1 year anniversary since l started my weight loss journey on 29th August 2016. Weighing in a whopping 159.9 kg at the beginning of my Journey. The time has sure passed by quickly, there have been many challenges on the way, had lots of high moments and lots of low moments and lots of moments in between.

Today l can happily report, l finally broke my 102 kg hodoo mark, thats been toying with me for ages. I weighed in at 101.1 kg. A weight loss of 58.8kg in a year. If you told me l’d lose that much in a year, l would of told you, that you were bonkers. My weight loss journey is far from over, still have not reached my 99kg goal that l set at the beginning of my journey. I’m not sure what the future holds, or where l am going to get to, but l can tell you one thing for certain, l will never bloody give up!

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

Good on you Mike. I know how you feel about the one year anniversary, today is mine. My weight loss wasn’t as dramatic as yours only 14.3kgs but my main victory has been NORMAL BGLs. Today mine was normal again and the significance of the anniversary really hit home, who would have thought a year ago I could be a former diabetes sufferer. A year on I’m thinner and healthy. Like you I have gone up and down and I know that I have a lifetime way of eating which is lesser amounts of food. If I ever binge (still happens sometimes) my BGLs go up so I know I can’t return to pre 28/8/16. Thanks heaps MM and Prof Taylor and people on here.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Well done, congratulations on your BSD birthday, and belatedly welcome to the 100 pound club! Here’s to the next year, making your target and then finding your way to happy and healthy maintenance of it. 😀😀😀😀😀

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi bloke41 (and anyone else still reading). Congratulations on your year’s loss, Mike. That is one heck of an achievement. You and 54 are a source of inspiration.

These last six months or so have been difficult. I’ve been away from home a lot, helping my mum, and I’ve gone back up a fair bit, but am still down on my starting weight a year ago. So that’s something at least… Am now back home and looking forward to the coming year.

I’m definitely not giving up. If any of the original starters who stopped posting want to rejoin the thread, that would be great.

on

Hi All

Great bloke41 and keep it up snoop !! (Its well worth it mate !!)

I am exactly a year on, bang on final goal target and maintaining !!

Maintaining is a LOT harder that the diet !! (YES IT IS)

But

I now have drinks that are not sneaky, the odd bag of chips, the cheesecake I have always loved etc etc

and once a week instead of once a day visit to the scales !!

So well worth it

oh yes my health is a lot better and I swim / walk / etc etc Just like a youngster !!

Keep it up guys

54 (55 soon!!)

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,

Jenni from the Block, great effort and congratulations on your weight loss. Don’t sell yourself short, 14.3kg loss is not an easy feat to do. Imagine know, carrying around 14.3kg weight all day and every day, l bet you would notice it and you would struggle to carry around it now all day. I struggle to carry like a 5kg weight for a long length of time when I’m working out!

Mixnmatch, thanks for the warm welcoming, I’m hoping l can continue with my journey and not go back to the bad old days.

Snoop thanks for your praise, its much appreciated. Great to see your going to keep going, that’s the spirit and I’m sure you will get there, with your never give up attitude.

54andfatnomore, you’re an inspiration, amazing effort and glad to see your maintaining, maintenance will be my biggest hurdle by far.

Well, week 53 done and dusted. I went to my first cricket training session in six years, I’m so glad l did it, been missing it whole heap, from a former cricket tragic that had played for 21 season in a row before retiring. I know admit that l retired because it was just too hard on my 150kg frame body to cope with. Losing weight over the year or so have had so many benefits to my life. This is just one more, being able to do what l love.

I’m settling into my new place well, got a monumental task in getting the gardens in order. They are very overgrown and spent all Sunday weeding and probably only did 1/10 of the backyard. Will be an ongoing project. Boy was l knackered by the end. Training on Saturday then gardening Sunday, really took its toll Monday morning, but l know it’s worth the effort.

There was an added bonus too, l lost 1kg for the week, weighing in 100.1 kg. That’s a loss of 59.8kg to date. I can’t believe I’m almost in double digits and only 1.1kg till l reach my goal of 99kg which l set for myself at the beginning of my journey.
    Take care all, and remember just one important thing, never bloody give up!!!

Bloke41 AKA Ivan, never bloody give up!

• posted by Bissell
    on

Wow, bloke41, that’s such an achievement! I’ve been watching your progress over the months and been impressed, but reading that just made me see how much you have changed your life. You should be so proud of yourself, I know we on here are all proud of you!
    Brilliant work! And, no, I won’t bloody give up!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Brilliant news about the cricket, bloke41. Bet the gardens will look great (eventually!). How’s your wife doing?

• posted by bloke41
    on

Thanks Bissell, l cant believe it my self, have to pinch my self sometimes just to check im not dreaming this caper up.

Thanks Snoop, finally the soreness is starting subside, hopefully will get easy as the season progresses. My wifes doing well, very happy with the new place and already giving me projects to do…….. who ever invented flat packs, you have a lot to answer for…
    She found the restriction of carbs to hard for her, though she is eating a lot healthier and going for walks with me. We also both not buying as much junk food and picking more smarter choices when we do get take out or eat out.

Have a good one all, and remember, never bloody give up!

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,week 54 done and dusted, no movement in the scales this week remained at 100.1 kg. Havent done my waist measurenent in ages , just gotta find me tape measure, gotta be in one of the remaining boxes somwhere lol my 2nd ceixket training is done, hoping to pull up better rhis time, did heap in the garden today too. Have a good one all and remeber never bloody give up!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Slow, slow, but at least it’s in the right direction:

25.4 kg to go.

Hope you’re all doing OK.

on

Hi Snoop and Bloke

NEVER give up!!

The world of ‘maintaining’ is a LOT easier than I ever thought it would be

I am careful and I do stick to the ‘recipie book’ but that’s because I like the recipies.

Yes I drink more now have cakes and bund and biscuits

BUT am still BANG ON my target weight and its now over a year since I started (Soon to be 55andfatnomore !!

Keep it up

(As an aside: I used to think cutting out food for a day helped: Looking back at my weight loss results, it didn’t !!)

• posted by Snoop
    on

Sounds like you’ve got maintaining cracked now, 54. That’s good. And thanks for the advice on the fasting. It’s definitely not for me, and other people I’ve come across who have tried it haven’t had much long-term success.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all, good to hear from ya snoop and 55. Been in the wars lately. Did a bad side and lower back strain, im not sure if it was from heap of gardening i did, or house moving or cricket training. Enough to make a grown man cry, been to the quack twice for pain meds as im leaving for sydney today than a 2 week cruise around New Zealand. Hope i hold up,when doc said i probably shouldnt go i thought he was bonkers, nothing going to stop me lol.
    Week 56 weigh in had me at 99.4kg. A 0.7kg loss for last two weeks, and 60.5kg loss to date. Very close to my initial goal know. But with holidays pending may get back up tripple figures. Gonna try to keep on walking hopefully that will help me not putting on too much. Have a good one all and remember never bloody give up!

Please log in or register to post a reply.