Starting in January 2017 – Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ShelboBaggins
    on

Well done everyone on your fantastic losses so far!

I’m on week 7 day 1 today however since I went away for a Valentine’s break on Feb 10th I’ve not been to plan and let work project stresses get to me which resulted in crisp/chocolate blips :-(. I gained 1 pound last week as a result but relieved that despite my sabotage I lost 1 pound this week bringing me back to my end of week 4 result which was 9.4lbs. I knew my weight loss would be slow compared to others but I can’t help but get disappointed when seeing how well others are doing and trying to compare my losses which is probably why I’ve let myself slip up! However if I put into context, that’s just over a 1.5lb loss per week over 6 weeks which I doubt I’d have achieved had I just attempted a standard calorie restriction, and although I haven’t measured for a few weeks I do feel like my tummy has shrunk a little – a size 16 dress I bought the week I started which was quite clingy is now too loose and some of my size 14s are starting to fit again so I have to be happy with those NSVs :-)!!

Next goal is to get to the 1 stone mark, will do my best to get there by next weigh-in. I still have another 3 stone to get me into the mid-range of normal BMI so will almost be certainly continuing beyond the 8 weeks. Despite the slip-ups I’ve felt I’ve coped better with BSD800 that I thought I would do at the start, just need to get back on the wagon and stay on!! I think I need to shake things up a bit by adding in exercise so am going to be starting some walk/run interval training to maximise the fat burning.

• posted by LizV
    on

Wow! Congratulations to all of you! It’s been fun to follow along with you. Thanks Angela for your kind words!

Mumofcrazy, prosecco is a love of mine as well. I have a couple bottles of my favorite waiting for my birthday in March. I love your plan for the future too. Congrats on fitting into your dress and joining a gym!

TumtumP, I hope you are recovering well from your surgery!

GetYourCarbon, I read recently about a study showing that people playing racquet sports had the least chance of heart disease from a group of people participating regularly in either running, cycling, swimming or racquet sports. Thanks for the Sugar Book referral!

CathyM, I’ve noticed that if I don’t get 12,13+ grams of fiber, it slows down the rate of elimination. That’s just a very informal observation though. ๐Ÿ˜€ Avocados, raspberries, and chia seeds are what I rely on the most. I’d be interested to know if others have the same experience.

• posted by LizV
    on

SeasideNana, Are you taking any iron supplements? I had to add that in as I was getting a feeling of exhaustion for no good reason. It’s impossible to get enough iron on 800 calories per day.

• posted by LizV
    on

End of Week 7 check-in: I must confess that this week was more of a five and two week. My weight is back up several pounds, although I’m still losing fat. I’m feeling great, and I really enjoyed a splurge for a late Valentine’s Day.

It has been so strange to watch my husband thin down right before my eyes. It’s obvious that he is losing weight. His clothes are huge on him. Also, he is going to have to go off his blood pressure medicine because his blood pressure is too low now. Wow!

Good luck to all of you this week, wherever you are at in the journey!

• posted by Ebs
    on

Last weigh in today lost 0.4 kg end of diet. Current weight 55 kgs goal is 54 kgs I am 5ft 3. Hubby lost 0.8 kg and down to 75 kgs, he is 6ft. We still propose to carry on with the diet for a few more weeks as we love the food. Its time to say goodbye to all of you and wish you well. Thank you for all the support and encouragement this is a brilliant forum with lots of useful information. Good luck to everyone.

• posted by Seasidenana
    on

Hi LizV thanks for your thoughts. I am taking an iron supplement, and a good quality multi vitamin and calcium tablets. Thankfully the exhaustion symptoms have now passed. Weight loss remains slow despite sticking to the diet strictly. I think some of us do lose weight slowly and I’m one of those, although the rate on this diet is better than previous diets I have been on. I think the difference with this one is that the food is enjoyable, easy to prepare and quite simple to shop and plan. I can honestly say I’m enjoying my meals much more than I was before I started this. This means it’s likely I will have no problem carrying on with it long term. Once I get to my target weight I will still eat in this way, only I will add a few extra things. I can’t see me ever going back to my old eating habits.

I’m not drinking alcohol at all because I thought it best given the 800 calorie limit. I missed it at first, but now it’s not bothering me too much. After my 8 weeks is up I’m planning two 800 fast days a week, and in the rest of the week I will allow myself a small amount of red wine or a gin and tonic, along with a low carb diet.

I might do that for three weeks and then repeat the 800 for a week in every 4. I have a lot to lose, so the end of the first 8 weeks is only the beginning really.

Well done to all those who are reaching the end of their 8 weeks, some of you have reached targets already, well done everyone. I hope some of you are sticking around, it’s great to hear all your stories.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi Seasidenana, I can certainly sympathise re slow weight loss. I think in my case being on steroids doesn’t help, but I’m not giving in – was thinking of the saying “slow and steady wins the race” – that can be our motto.
    I like your plan to do the 800 intermittently moving forward – I may have to do the same as have a fair bit to lose and think it’s going to take another 4 or 5 lots of 8 weeks if I continue to lose at the rate I have been.
    I agree with what you are saying with the meals and food – before starting the BSD I had become very bored with food and rarely looked forward to eating (although it didnt stop me lol!). I’m enjoying even simple foods now. I’m finding it easier to stick to the same/similar breakfast and lunch during the week (porridge and salad) and then mix it up in the evenings.
    I’ll be in this thread to keep you company, look forward to hearing all the updates ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi all and very well done to Eb and others that are finishing and have achieved their goals! I’m just starting my 7th week but then plan to go round again as I have more to lose – I’m doing a slightly more relaxed version of the diet with strict 800 during the week then doing Mediterranean at weekends to give myself a bit more leeway. I think because of this pattern I’ve found it quite easy to stick to and – as others have said – the meals are great! I find that trying out new recipes takes the focus away from what you can’t have to looking forward to enjoying new things.

So will still see some of you on here and will miss the ones that are leaving us ๐Ÿ™

PS apologies to seasidenana for getting your name wrong (seasideanna!) on an earlier post – spotted it just outside the 5 minute editing window this forum allows! Like you I see these first 8 weeks as the beginning of the journey rather than a one off thing, and am surprisingly enjoying eating less and eating better – and not craving most of the things I gorged on before!

• posted by lyn.g
    on

Hey everyone! There are some amazing results being seen. I had been stagnating for a while. I am day two week 6 and my hubby suggested I try some HIT to kickstart the weight loss again. I started doing a shorter morning walk, 30 mins instead of an hour, and doing three bursts of 20 seconds of my version of running during that half hour. I have only done this twice and have lost half a kilo. I had been wavering up and down by 200 g and it was very frustrating. Just a thought for others who are a bit despondent at a lack of results. It’s only been two days, but hoping it keeps going.
    Family dinner night is always a bit difficult, with everyone having drinks and a cheese board, but managed to survive another one. I love cheese and looking forward to some creamy blue when the 8 weeks is up.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by TumtumP
    on

Hi all
    Thankyou for the best wishes. Bit sore and spaced out on morphine-also suffering from the “other” side effect . 2lb gain which is inevitable. Have mostly stayed on plan Bar a few bits of toast following the actual surgery and yesterday as I felt so sick. I am going to carry on with the 800 at the end of this week 8. Still 2&1/2 stone to shift. So I will still be around on here. Can’t believe how quickly the 8 weeks have gone by and how easy it was. Massive congratulations to everyone finishing in the next week or so. We did it!!!!

• posted by Marion53
    on

Hi everyone, Well done to everyone both fast losers and slow ones(like me). 3 days into week 7 and won’t weigh till end of week8 . Then continue. I’m in this for the long haul this time and keep to low carb for a long time I think. Whatever the weight, the most important for me is my FBS is 5 so in the normal range thus avoiding the dreaded meds.
    GetyourCarbon – I watched That Sugar Film . Full documentary on YouTube. It should be shown in schools and to every parent and parent-to-be. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not shown in UK. Politicians would lose their support from the food companies. Sadly the UK has one of the highest rates of obesity but it’s easier to blame the parents. Maybe boycotting the shelves full of rubbish would be a start. If parents watched this film with their children we won’t get the pester power. Who wants to be the teenager with the rotten stumps and dentures. Definitely not cool.
    I’m definitely spreading the word to everyone I know.
    Have a good week.
    M

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Marion53

I am going to follow your idea and not weigh myself until the end of week 8. I am week 7 day 3 also (started 8.1.17). Have been feeling a little down today as my weight loss has been slow for the last three weeks and I’ve been feeling exhausted for the last few days. I am happy that I have lost 14 lbs and I’ve bought a size down in trousers for work (size 14) but I have been getting on the scales daily and there has been no change since Saturday. Apart from feeling exhausted this week, I’ve loved this diet. Like you, I am in it for the long haul. I want to lose another two stone and at this rate it will be months before that happens. I am loving the fact that I don’t have any cravings.

• posted by Marion53
    on

Good morning
    ClarinetCathy – Well done on losing 14lbs. I haven’t lost that much BUT for the first time ever I feel I can eat this way permanently. In the last 50 years I’ve followed countless diets, bought books,paid slimming clubs, the usual things. I’ve more or less followed a Med diet for years with the addition of bread, pasta and pastry. Scones and croissants among favourites. I think cutting those completely out got rid of the cravings so now I don’t have any. I have more energy, even thoughI I have mobility issues completely unrelated to weight. At my time of life I refuse to have my day ruined by scales, sleeping off carbs or hangovers, getting stressed if I’m 1 calorie, 1point, 1sin over the limit. I feel and have been told I look well so if I keep going the weight has to go eventually.
    But this is strictly my opinion. Everyone has to live the life they feel good with otherwise it’s not worth living in misery.
    Good luck
    M

• posted by Libbyohno
    on

Hello Everyone!

Is everyone surviving Storm Dorris?! We only suffered a downpour for 10 minutes then bright beautiful sunshine, albeit VERY windy here (Reading Way) still!

Anyway! WEIGH DAY results today, happy with a 2.2lbs loss ๐Ÿ™‚ floating at 14 st 5.2 (I managed to get down to 14st 4.1 the other day, shock!)

Today is the first Day for Week 8 – Although I will be continuing with the 800cal diet for however long it takes me to reach my goal!

Looking forward to making coconut flour pancakes on Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day ๐Ÿ™‚

Stay Safe, Stay Warm, Stay Dry!
    Libby
    xx

• posted by CathyM
    on

Hey January Starters
    6 weeks done and just 1/4lb loss this week. But I have lost another 1/2 inch from my waist, making it 6ins in total.
    I’m a bit annoyed that it’s not more weight, but it’s still going in the right direction. I have been a bit more sedentary this week and Doris isn’t encouraging me to get out at the moment!
    So it’s back to the book and a refocus on exercise and hoping for a bit more next week. I still need to lose 2 stone to get into my ideal weight for height.
    I love reading this thread for everyone’s encouraging words and suggestions.

• posted by GetyourCarbon
    on

Boom !!
    Another kilo off this week so far
    Still losing whilst in week 8

• posted by pcoventry
    on

I started again slowly a few weeks ago. I’ve lost shed loads. Around 5ibs a week constant since I started. Well impressed. I’ve lost stone and dropped from a 42 to a 38 waist ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by lyn.g
    on

I am very excited to report that after 3 days of changing to HIT on my morning walk, I am down to 68.9k. Started on 76k on January 17 and have been stagnating on 70.9, 70.4, 70.6. I am ecstatic! This is week 6 and hubby has got under 100k for the first time in absolute ages.
    Keep at it everyone. I feel like we are changing the world!

• posted by bigeater
    on

That’s great news. I have yet to incorporate it into my exercise program but this has inspired me. Go HIT!

• posted by harris1825
    on

Well today is my last day of the 8 weeks , and i’ve had great success, I started this diet for weight loss and it hasn’t been a disappointment. I’ve lost 15.2lbs, and about 4 inches off my hips and waist each. I’ve tried new things and developed a real love of cauliflower and butternut squash. I’ve also realised that sugar is really not a thing my body wants or needs, proven when i’ve had days where i’ve slipped and paid for it the next day. Now my going to enjoy a week of eating pasta carefully and staying under 1200 a day before looking to either 5:2 or back to this again.

• posted by ShelboBaggins
    on

Despite being quite a stressful week as I have a looming project deadline end of this month I’ve had a brilliant week 7 so far. I’d have normally reached for wine/chocolates/crisps to get me through but I’ve stuck to plan and surprised myself with a 4.2lbs loss so far! I’m hoping to get another 0.4lbs off over weekend to finally get to my 1 stone total. Not been as fast as others but I’ll be pleased to have got there in 7 weeks, slow and steady. I must remember to keep drinking water though as with being so busy I forget, luckily no headaches from dehydration though. NSV this morning too as tried on potential dress for a christening I’m going to tomorrow that I bought last summer and not worn yet, it had always been a little tight and unforgiving on lumps and bumps and even though I’m probably now half a stone heavier than I was when I bought it, it fits perfectly even without Spanx ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ – noticeably less lumpy and bumpy!!

Have a great weekend everyone, especially those of you coming to the end of your 8 weeks!

on

End of week seven and I’ve lost 1.5 lb this week bringing my total to 15.5 lb. Can’t believe that I am almost at the end of my first eight week phase. It has been really great making new friends on the forum and reading about the experiences of everyone doing this diet. It has been such a positive experience. I won’t ever be going back to the way I ate before starting this diet. I have got a challenge coming up after next week because I am going away for the first time since starting the diet for a few days so it will be interesting to see how I can cope making meal choices whilst away. I don’t want to undo all my hard work! It has worked out well though that it is not in the middle of the eight week plan and I am going to be sensible and when I get back and will be back on another eight week, strict stint! Keep going everyone- this way of eating is so successful for us all!

• posted by Seasidenana
    on

Hi Clarinetcathy well done on your weight loss. I’m nearing the end of week 5 with 11.2lbs off. Very slow compared to some others, but I always knew it would be slow for me. I will be doing 5:2 for a couple of weeks after the 8 weeks, then doing another 4 weeks 800, and repeat until I’m at target. I estimate it will take me 6-8 months.

I’m going to Spain in April, so like you I’m hoping to stick to the diet while away. I will be having a bit of red wine in Spain though and the odd glass of cava. It would be rude not to ๐Ÿ˜‚

on

Hi Seasidenana

We are slow compared to others doing BSD but personally I am not slow compared to other diets I’ve done where it would have taken me about five months to lose what I’ve lost in seven weeks. We are very similar in our weight losses and it’s nice to hear how positive you are going forward. This diet will surely become a way of life for us both and like you quite rightly say it would be rude not to indulge ourselves whilst on holiday! This diet has been a life changing experience for me. At 55 I feel that I have taken back some control of my weight problem. It irritates me that through no fault of my own, thinking I was making sensible food choices, I have become overweight due to bad slimming club dietary advice – – potatoes, pasta, rice, low fat yoghurt etc No wonder I wasn’t losing weight!

My plan is to do another eight week stint when I finish next week and see where that takes me. To be very honest there is absolutely nothing that I have missed whilst doing this diet! If you’d have told me that I would not need a biscuit for eight weeks or any sweets I would never have believed it possible!

I will enjoy seeing your progress over the next few months. I love coming on here and reading how everyone is doing. I feel like I have made lots of new friends and it’s nice that we are all in it together.

• posted by Seasidenana
    on

What a lovely post clarinetcathy ! Yes it’s great to see everyone’s progress and to know we are in it together.

I agree with you, I don’t actually miss anything. I did miss my glasses of wine at first, but now I really Don’t. (I know we can have wine, but advised not to on 800 cals in the BSD book, so I haven’t.)

I hope you enjoy your break and have a fabulous time.

on

Boom
    9 week weigh in
    Loss 10.2 kg and 11cm off me belly button measure
    Also Bllod pressure down massively as said earlier from 133/100 to 122/80
    Now I’ve been told cholesterol down from 7.0 to 5.7 and good cholesterol massive increase
    That was in week 4 and I’m on week 8
    Lost 10.2 kg down to 82.9kg

I do 800 cals 2 x a week 900 x w a week 100 x 2 a week and 1900 x 1 a week

I would have lost loads more and I stick to 800 a day

Read the book twice and then read That sugar Book and you’ll be fine

If you’re plateau then it’s your fault

800 is 800 not a weak moment
    And it took you 4 days to get back on track

I’m going to carry on for 3 weeks more to cover the days I know I didn’t do 800

Join me !

• posted by Seasidenana
    on

Well done on your weight loss Getyourcarbon. Many of us experience a plateau even when sticking to 800 every day, so not anyone’s “fault” it’s just the way our bodies work. We are all different I suppose. How often do you weigh yourself ? Do you find weight goes back on after your fast days ? I’m going to move to a 5:2 after my first 8 weeks is up, so wondering how that might work weight wise.

on

Fault never sounds great when not accompanied by tonality

That wasn’t meant as a critiscism to anyone

Merely that if I had somehow managed to stick to 800 a day I couldn’t have seen anything other than a massive weight loss

I’d only walked 8000 steps a day as well and probably averaged 1000 cals a day with more carbs than I should have

If all that weight came off a 49 years old guy not foliwing the book , then if I plateau then surely it’s my fault, as I see it

I’m sure we all plateau for a few days but if you ate exactly as the book said for 7 days it’s slightly difficult to imagine not losing at least 0.5kg

My wife says she keeps weight on for a few days once a month – that’s a given I think on that one

Good luck to all and stick with it and probably read the book again and I would say the best book I’ve read is ‘That Sugar Book’ – incredible read and twice the impact on me than MM’s
    book

I’m sure the film ‘That Sugar Film’ is online Netflix type

Never stop giving up

Enjoy your day

• posted by Jax61
    on

With regard plateaus, I am in week 2 having lost 6lbs week 1 and only 1/2 lb week 2. I have stuck to my 800 cals & 50 g carbs religiously. I have done 2 spinning classes and 2 weights sessions. Having read lots of posts, it seems this is common. My body fat has reduced by another 1% and I have lost another inch from my waist so something is happening. I’m hoping I will get a sudden drop like others on here have mentioned. I think if I hadn’t read that others have had the same issue, I would have been very disheartened and probably given up, but hearing about everyone’s personal journeys has kept me motivated. So thanks to you all.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I stay below 800 at all times, and have since the first of August. I’ve lost a great deal of weight since then — 80 pounds plus whatever I lost in the first 4 weeks when I wasn’t weighing myself yet — and I have experienced 4 plateaus, most recently a two-week bout that just ended Friday. I assure you, you can and will plateau, 800 calories notwithstanding. The body recalibrates itself regularly, and you simply have to wait it out. You can change little things here and there in the attempt to budge the scale and sometimes it seems to work, but then again, maybe it’s just a coincidence.

The Fast 800 is not a perpetual motion machine. It cannot defy the laws of physics or biology. Sometimes, your weight loss will stop. Sometimes you will gain weight eating the exact same meals you ate the week before when you lost weight. Often there is no rhyme or reason to it. I’ve learned I have to take a Zen outlook on this because the attempt to control the uncontrollable will only drive you mental as you wrack you brain trying to fix something that hasn’t actually gone wrong. It’s just a natural process.

• posted by Mumofcrazynamedkids
    on

Hi all, lovely to hear of all the continuing losses and for some of you the end of the initial 8 weeks. I have had a week of half term holidays, so everything has gone a little pear shaped…. Not dramatically, but definitely no calorie counting. Mostly sticking to med diet, apart from 5/10 days where I drank wine, but by this weekend I had 2 nights that ended with a chicken shish kebab!!! ๐Ÿ˜จ *eeekkk*

But…. One of those days was after a 27000 step day ( I worked an evening occasional music quiz job that involves a lit of dancing and running around!)

But anyway, I have decided to scrap this week, and it doesn’t count as my week 7, so next Friday will be my week 7 weigh in. Back strictly on track, I have stocked up on food for work for the week, (I have discovered marks and Spencers not only do an amazing range of new bsd style fresh salads (cauliflower/nutty seeds with houmous/feta and lentils etc) but also do some store cupboard packets with things like chicken and chorizo, they all look to be on plan carbs and calories wise, so am hoping this simplifies things a little this week (which will undoubtedly be tougher after a lot of less strict ness!)

So looking forward to my last official 2 weeks, still have a stone to shift, need to work out how to incorporate the gym Alongside the children. Talking of the gym, I went to a clubbercise class last week…..omg. Despite loving a dance and music, this was absolutely not for me at all!!! I walked out halfway and completed my workout in the gym, far too dyspraxic to cope with all those different routines!

• posted by Seasidenana
    on

Esnecca thanks for your inspiring post. I did have 70 lbs to lose, and still have 56lbs to go. It’s fantastic news that you have stuck with it and done so well. It’s very useful to know that the plateaus just happen and to ride them out. Thank you for sharing.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Thank you, Seasideana. Mind you, I still get frustrated and upset when I plateau, but when it first happened I freaked out after a couple of days. Now it has to last more than a week before I get antsy and even then I never go into full meltdown like I used to in the beginning. The BSD teaches you patience, especially when you’ve got a lot of weight to lose and the goal seems so far away. I’ve still got a long way to go myself.

Congratulations on your loss thus far. A few months from now, you’ll look back on these posts from your goal weight with such a sense of accomplishment. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by TumtumP
    on

Endof the first 8 weeks for me and feeling good. I haven’t managed to reach the goal I had of 2 stone off as this last two weeks of surgery put a spanner in the works. But weighing in today I’ve maintained after a gain last week which I’ve lost. So 24lbs off and 7″ off the tummy. Delighted and ready to get back on it with a second round of 8 weeks starting tomorrow. My goal for that is to shift 32lbs which will take me to 4 stone off overall. I’ve written out a calorie and carb counted menu including pancakes tomorrow so ready to go. Looking forward to seeing some of you on here as you continue your journey too. Good luck everyone

• posted by CysterBSD800
    on

Hi everyone long time no update.

Good to hear of everyone’s progress. and that so many are doing another few weeks.

i am doing 8 to 10 more weeks to am currently 11 stone 10 pounds and should be about 9 and a half to be healthy so another couple of stones left.

this way of eating has changed my life and i am so happy with progress. two stones and a few pounds gone in about 9 weeks so far.

been experimenting with dairy free this week and i lost 5 pounds so seemed to help me .
    Keep it up

• posted by TumtumP
    on

Really interesting evening. Decided to have a high carb evening meal-do I ever regret it! Feel so sick, tummy hurts and could feel a sugar rush and now a slump. Really unpleasant but also very eye opening the effect carbs ( in large amounts) had. All this while watching “That Sugar Film”. A fascinating watch and very in keeping with this WOE and the BAD philosophy. No preaching , simply letting results speak for themselves. I restart second 8 weeks in morning and , although I’m pleased I have retried the high carb diet of old ( couldn’t stop thinking about chips!) I’ve kinda debunked my own myth that I love that style of food. Have to say I’ve much preferred how I’d been eating on the plan. Really can see this being for long haul! Phew!! ( pancreas is doing somersaults of joy!)

• posted by TumtumP
    on

Typo – not BAD philosophy but BSD philosophy!!

• posted by China2013
    on

Hi all, China2013 here feeling very sheepish. I haven’t logged in since Jan 17th after a small hiccup with a bottle of Riesling which turned into a 7 week disaster!๐Ÿ˜ฑ Lost the plot completely but I have continued to read the thread and am so pleased for all of you who stuck it out for the 8 weeks. I haven’t given up hope though, if had I wouldn’t be here now. I have to start over so. I keep thinking I’ll start after this or that (social event) but really, life is full of social events so March 1st seems like a good place to restart. I’ve been off sick from work for 2 days, got a migraine about an hour ago, its over 30degrees every day this week and I feel crappy, so I may as well have carb flu as well!
    Thanks for the ongoing inspiration you all give.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi China, thanks for your very honest post. I started on 16 Jan and am up to Week 7 now. During that time I would say I’ve had 1/2 dozen hiccups with bottles of Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot and the odd scotch too! And a few fast food (near) disasters. This explains why I have only lost 5kg (11 lb) during that time, whereas others have lost 2-3 times that!
    If I’d waited for the right time to come along before I started I still wouldn’t have.. life happens!
    As it happens, I’ve decided to have a ‘dry March’ and extend the 8 weeks to 12 weeks, to see what I can achieve in the next 6 weeks.
    So it’s not too late for you to start, and if you are like me (human!) and you do have a few hiccups or disasters, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and treat the very next meal as a fresh start ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Angela06
    on

Good morning January starters….congratulations to everyone who has lost weight and inches and mastered their blood sugar over the last 8 weeks and commiserations to those who fell by the wayside or didn’t achieve what they wanted. Reading these posts we all seem to have finished the 8 weeks wiser about ourselves and our relationship with food so I guess we’re all winners in that sense.

My loss on my 2nd cycle was less than I hoped, 8.7kg where I had hoped for a round 10kg. However since I started at the end of October 2016 I ‘ve lost 20.3kg which is very satisfying considering that I’ve frequently lost the same weight several times! No plateau as such just yo-yoing up and down. Very frustrating.

Where to next? Well downwards…ideally I’d like to lose another 20kgs at least…30 would be amazing, a territory I haven’t seen for 30 years ;-). Good luck to you if you’ve reached your destination. See you here on these forum if like me you’re on the first day of the next 8 weeks!

• posted by Libbyohno
    on

Hey JanStarts!

2 days until my final weigh in from the 8WBSD – but so far I have lost 20lbs in total which I am really pleased with!

Where to go next? I have been saying I will continue with 800cals per day until I am at target and I think this is manageable!

What I love are the Instagram hashtags!! To talk to you guys on forums is great but to see your photos of food choices gives me so many ideas – what a fantastic bonus which has spurred me on so thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

2 days to go! Then onwards and downwards!!
    And, for good measure – #8wbsd ha ha!
    libs xx

on

LIbbyohno- my final weigh in on phase 1 of 8WBSD is on Saturday morning. I have made a conscious effort not to get weighed this week. My weight loss up to last Saturdat was 15.5 lb. I can’t tell if I have lost anything this week but will post my 8 week total on Saturday. It has been a fabulous learning curve and I have been surprised by how well I’ve done using this plan compared to other diets I’ve done!! I am going to do another 8 weeks starting one week after this Saturday because I am going to have a mini break. I am away next week for a couple of nights and am going to slightly relax my calorie intake for a few days in the hope that when I start phase 2 next week I will be 100% back on track. I will be mindful of the carbs whilst having my mini break! Ideally I would like to lose another two stone so I may need to do two more 8 week phases. Onwards and downwards to all the January Starters.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Clarinet Cathy I also need to do at least another 2 (probably 3) 8 week periods to get to my ideal weight, so will be on here for a while. My birthday is in September so I figure I should get there by then.
    My first 8 weeks ends on 11 March. I’m going away for about 4 days on a short break at end March, then of course it’s Easter mid-April. I was thinking of taking a break from Mid-March to mid-April but am scared I will undo all my good results! So I think I’ll start the next 8 weeks straight away, but extend it to maybe 10 weeks to allow for holiday and Easter, then take it from there. Too hard to plan too far ahead!

• posted by Seasidenana
    on

Hello SueBlue I’m on a similar timescale to you and to clarinetcathy. My 8 weeks ends on 18 March and I will need to do another 3 I think. I’m going to Spain in April so will need to be careful then ! The only change I’m making is to allow a small amount of alcohol, otherwise I’m staying on the path.

I was celebrating with a 14.8 lb loss yesterday, but bizarrely have gained 0.8 today. I ate 801 calories yesterday. Grr ! I didn’t manage my exercise though, too busy at work.

It will be good to carry on the support with you both in coming weeks.

• posted by Mumofcrazynamedkids
    on

Hi Guys, my official end date is Monday, but I changed my weigh in day to a Friday as I tend to relax a but at weekends, so next Friday I have plateaued the last 2 weeks (or went off plan for half term week off work with kids and despite getting back in track this week still list nothing!)

Slightly frustrating that I have been at 11 10 for the last 3 weeks now, but I have still lost 21 pounds since the start, so a really good overall loss, I have had a fair amount of relaxing, so maybe this is my way of working out how to maintain longer term.

I went to pilates again last night and will probably go to the gym today, so at least exercise has started. I still have 14- 17 pounds to lose, or more importantly another 2-3 inches to lose round my waist.

So, I am sticking around, do hope those who have finished will stick around here, but I may go and find 2nd cycle 8wbsd thread if there is one!

Happy weekend all x

on

Hello everyone

My final weigh in for phase 1 of 8 week BSD ended this morning and I am proud to announce a loss this week of 2lb bringing my final total to 17.5 lb. I am really, really happy and I can feel the difference in my body. I now begin phase 2. This week I am going away for a few days and so will be a little less strict but mindful of the low carb ethos. My official start date for phase 2 will begin on Monday 13th March. LIke Seasidenana and SueBlue there will be many of us who will continue our journey together. It has been a pleasure sharing my first eight week journey and I look forward to enriching our friendships as we move forward together. I personally have gained in confidence that I am following the plan correctly now that I can see the weight loss result and from reading posts on the forum, some people says it becomes easier- possibly because we are confident that it will work. I will look forward to the results coming in over the next few days of other January starters finishing their 8 week journey. Thanks everyone for the friendship and support. It means a lot.

• posted by Seasidenana
    on

Clarinetcathy brilliant news well done !

• posted by K8sgettingthin
    on

Hello one and all
    I also complete my first batch of 8 weeks today and my total loss is 23lb……. Just another 77lb to go. I have never lost weight this easily before and am very happy with the way things are going.
    Out to dinner tonight, but if I slip, then I will be back on track in the morning.
    I shall probably be here for the next year or so and look forward to seeing those of you on here for the longer haul again soon.
    Well done to all of you. We can cope with the little slip ups and the plateaus that are part of life as mere humans. We will not be disheartened by them.
    Have a good weekend
    Kate

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi all

Like many recent posts I’ve finished my first 8 weeks and am just starting another one. 1 stone down, another to go. Weirdly I’m enjoying the diet and have tried lots of new recipe ideas from the book which are enjoyable to eat and keep me interested. I feel good about eating less and feeling more in control of my weight and think I actually enjoy my food more because I’m eating less so it’s more of a treat! Quality not quantity maybe. I’m also sleeping better and feeling less stressed. This diet has so much to recommend it on every level! Welcome to any new starters on here and I hope you get on with it well too. Meanwhile look forward to hearing further updates in due course from those of us who are going second time round ….

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done Cathy, Kate and Dreamscometrue – you’ve all done so well ๐Ÿ™‚
    Kate so true what you wrote about life with it’s slip ups and plateaus. I had a rare day out with my husband yesterday (usually out with kids too), and although my day started well, with a home made BSD Chia Bircher it went downhill from there. We spent a few hours in a beer garden overlooking the ocean and I had a couple of beers, although did drink water in between them. Then was hungry so we shared a garlic pizza. Yes there were healthier sounding meal options on the menu but they were $20-25 dollars each and the pizza only $8!
    dinner was a McDonald’s hamburger but that wasn’t too bad at 235 calories, and I had it with a salad and not chips, and more water as a drink. Then we had some nibblies in the evening while watching a movie…total calories were about 1800 for the day.
    But although I said the day went downhill after breakfast, before BSD that sort of day would have been much, much worse, and 1800 calories would have been around my average daily calorie count.
    So back to 800 calories today and for the rest of the week which is my final one for round 1. IF I can lose 900g this week then my total loss will be 6kg (13.2 lb) for round 1.
    The only ‘potential hiccup’ I have coming up this week is on friday when I go and see my cancer specialist for my 2 year remission check up (had Lymphoma in 2014). Husband is coming with me and we are going out to lunch afterwards. It’s a special occasion in that Lymphoma is far more likely to return in the first 2 years (if going to return), so to make it to 2 years without a relapse will be a big relief for me. It also means my checkups go from being every 3 months to every 6 months.
    So I think I’ll make my final weigh in day for Round 1 to be Friday morning instead of Saturday morning ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.