Starting in January 2017 – Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Prediabeticly, and welcome to the forum.

Obviously you are very welcome to join this thread, but we all started in January 2017. Many of us have reached out goals and are maintaining, though still posting, and others are still keeping on keeping on, hoping to reach their targets soon. You may find it more helpful to join this year’s January Starters thread, so that you can travel with others at a similar stage – this one is just a week in, so probably appropriate for you…………..

https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/starting-the-bsd-on-saturday-13th-january-2018/

But please feel free to stick around in this one if you feel it would be more helpful. And please join in any other thread at all that appeals to you, everyone is welcome, everyone is welcomed.

• posted by Ainet
    on

Hi Sheila. I know how you feel. I could have written your post. Happy to be on board with you. Best of luck. A

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Seasidenana
    Just wanted to catch up with you before your wedding next week and wish you well. I hope you are excited and at a happy weight. I’ve been thinking about you and remembered it was about this time that you were getting married. I am four pounds above goal at the moment and working to get back to 133 lb. Ive let a couple of pounds creep back on this last couple of weeks so that will be going very quickly as I won’t ever let myself get in the position of having to lose three stone again. Am back on track as my son gets married in June and I want to be below my target so am trying to lose half a stone so that I can celebrate with room for manoeuvre .
    Anyway,, Seasidenana – I am thinking about you and wishing you a wonderful wedding and honeymoon next week.

All my love
    Cathy

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Cathy great minds think alike! I had it on my list to post this week to wish you Seasidenana very blessing for your wedding which I think is Saturday? Hope that you are fit and well and that everything on the day is wonderful: then the honeymoon in St Lucia even more so 🙂

Joining Cathy in sending you tons of love and hope that everything is over and above what you could ever have dreamed it would be X

Cathy good to hear your news too – those pesky extra pounds will soon fall off and you have an amazing wedding to look forward to. I do hope that anyone else still on this thread is doing well?

Love to you all

Dreamscometrue X

on

Dreamscometrue – we are soul sisters! Lovely to hear from you! Did you ever reach your 9st 7 lb dream.? It would be lovely to catch up on everyone’s story on this thread.

• posted by Mumofcrazynamedkids
    on

Hi all *peeps head sheepishly round the door* 😳

Not sure if anyone remembers me, had a bit of a rough year last year, life-wise, so after initial 6 weeks and 1.5 stone loss, I went from bad to worse.

But I am back, life is looking a million times better, I am back in control, and now feel ready to whip my body back into shape. It seems like loads of you have reached or neared your goals?
    Yay! Amazing news guys, and weddings abound?😍

Congratulations 🎊 I am on the new month board, but just thought I would say hello, and well done to you all.
    X

on

Wow yes MOCNK I do remember you! And have wondered how you are and what happened to you. Welcome back! Sorry to hear life has been tough but glad things are now looking up. Please keep us posted as to how you get on. There are a few of us still on here but it’s Seasidenana getting married this weekend so we’re all wishing her well 🙂

Cathy yes our paths are so similar! After rapid initial weight loss I made much slower – though steady – progress. My body seems to need to settle at a weight for a while before agreeing to go down further. So I stabilised for quite a while on 136lb then in March moved onto 135lb but then had a mad couple of weeks in April – including organising a huge (surprise) family gathering for my mother’s 90th birthday. Predictably I put on a couple of pounds so am now working to get back to 135lb before (finally!!) hitting 133lb. But I’d then like to get to 130lb which would be a complete 3 stone loss and give me some leeway. Being honest I know I could accelerate all this if I went all out on another Fast 800, but slow and steady fits better with my lifestyle.

Love and best wishes to anyone still on this thread. I’m so glad I found what I regard to be a realistically long term way of eating and know I will get to where I want to be sometime soon: but more importantly will then be able to maintain it rather than piling the pounds back on again the minute I look at food again.

Anyone else out there do stop by to say hello X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Clarinet Cathy – just wanted to wish you all the best for your son’s wedding this weekend x

on

Hear hear! Have a lovely time Cathy and we hope to hear all about it in due course xx

on

Sue and Dreamscometrue

How wonderful to read your good wishes this morning! I’ve been awake since 6.00 am and am so excited! We are all staying at The Midland Hotel in Manchester this weekend. We had afternoon royal cream tea yesterday and it was lovely. This weekend I am not watching what I eat or drink! It’s quite liberating to be able to make an informed choice but to stay in control. Of course I will be straight back to BSD on Monday. Have kept my weight down since reaching target in November but struggled to stay at goal which was 133. My average and sustained weight seems to hover between 136/137. Am more than happy with that. I did try to lose a little more but it just wasn’t happening! Although I’ve not been posting for a couple of weeks I do read every day so am following your journeys and thank you so much for thinking about me today! My outfit is gorgeous and is a size 10!!! Who’d have ever thought that in January 2017! Thank you so, so much. It’s going to be a lovely day.

Cathy

• posted by marie123
    on

My best wishes, too. Hope the day goes brilliantly for all concerned – size 10 – wow! xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Best wishes for a lovely day, ClarinetCathy. Enjoy your size 10 too!

on

SueBlue – not seen you posting recently and was wondering how you are doing. You were always so supportive. Hope you’re ok. There are still a few of the January starters on the forum in different threads. DCT and I are trying to lose a few pounds before Christmas. Hope you’re still reading the forum and if so, hello from me and hello to any of the January 2017 starters who are still following BSD or log on to the forum. Always thankful for the moral support I had on my slow but steady BSD journey,

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi Cathy, bless you for asking how I am 🙂 I’m ok, have been feeling a bit fed up lately as I seem to be getting nowhere with weight loss, so took a bit of a break from the forums here and from the FB group I’m in. During 2017 I lost over 12kg, but since the start of this year my progress has stalled, I’ve been up and down like a yo-yo all year, with the end result being I’m now 4kg heavier than I was this time last year. I find I get motivated each week but it only lasts a few days 🙁 I really need to get my act together and get back on track!
    I did order an 8 week diet diary and recipe book from Amazon (the Slimspirational one) and it came today so I’m going to make today Week 1 day 1 and see if I can stay on track until Xmas at least, then re-start again straight after New Year.
    I honestly don’t know what the problem is, I used to blame being on Prednisone (steroids) but I’ve been off those for a year now! And when I do go off track it’s not too bad – my net calories are almost always under 1500 on ‘off plan’ days. I’m reasonably active too – I walk everywhere and do a weekly Pilates class. I could up my exercise I guess.
    Anyway I have gone on enough! Hope the rest of our group are doing well. I may look for the thread you and DCT are in and join in 🙂
    Thanks again Cathy for checking in on me, you’ve always been a great supporter too, and especially understanding of “slow losers”!

on

SueBlue
    I read your post when I got up this morning and meant to reply to you to say how lovely that you’re not giving up. I know how it feels to be fed up but you’ve come such a long way to throw in the towel and undo all your hard work. You’ll get that 4kg off and then you can start plodding again, I don’t think any of us can ever give up Sue. We need to follow this way of eating for life or otherwise we go back to square one.

I will check out the diary you’ve ordered and I might add It to my Christmas wish list. I always have to have “props” to help me.
    You may have read in one of my recent posts that, like you, I’ve really been struggling recently to lose any weight and wondered if I had a problem with my thyroid but I am scared of going to the doctor so thought if I just do what I know worked last time for 8 weeks strictly then if the weight doesn’t come off then I know there is definitely a medical reason for no loss of weight! I am up and down the same few pounds and it’s so annoying.
    Lovely to see that you’ve joined in the Christmas road trip thread and I hope that the support will inspire you to keep going. There are lots of familiar names on the forum still so like me and you they are also plodding too. Even when we get to our elusive goal weight Sue we have to keep plodding so I am more than happy to keep plodding for the rest of my life as there is no way I could lose 42lb ever again. It was hard enough the first time!

Soon it will be January 2019 and our two year anniversary. We can have a thread reunion and an update to see how we are all doing- that would be brilliant!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi all Jan 2016 BSDers
    Just thought I’d log in to this thread as we’ve now been on this WOE for two whole years. Today is my 2nd anniversary of starting and I am maintaining nicely – now 12 lbs under original target weight – weighing in at 112lbs (50.8kg). Two years ago I wouldn’t have believed this to be possible, just goes to show this WOE really works.

How are the rest of you getting on? Xx

• posted by Granny
    on

Morning roadsters 😊 lots of interesting posts and some amazing losses, even the slow ones like me so well done everybody and keep going. I am losing, albeit slowly, but I’m wondering if my body is responding to the 12:8 in some peculiar way. Given that this is my 3rd week, I’ve never gone over 1000 cals and 90% at 900 cals, I’m doing the active 10 (thanks to the roadster that mentioned the app 👍) and drinking lots of water. I do tend to have 5/6 coffees per day (with dash of full fat milk) – would this be slowing things down??
    Theodora what an amazing journey – I hope one day I can be 50kg! – long way off yet tho 😆. Fantastic to catch up with all the 2017 bsd’ers x

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi Theo
    Lovely to see your name pop up on here again, I was only in this thread a few hours ago, reading some of our early entries, as it was my 2 year anniversary yesterday 🙂
    I’m still plodding along. I had lost 12.5kg in 2017, then 2018 was more of a maintenance year with one thing and another, with a gain of a few kilos towards the end of the year. So now it’s 2019 I’ve decided to continue my BSD journey as I still have a lot more weight to lose. I’ve joined Jan’s January thread and Kazzee’s Easter road trip thread too, and there has been a lot of support there. Clarinet Cathy is also on the road trip and I see Dreams Come True’s name pop up too. It’s good we are still here – who would have thought it 2 years ago!
    You’ve done well Theo to be 12lbs under target. Hopefully this time next year I’ll be saying the same thing 🙂

on

Hello Theo

Nice to see you pop by to say hello. Congratulations on your anniversary, Mine was 8th January. I am still active on the forums, I have put on a few pounds and so am trying hard to get them off again. Am aiming to get to back to 133 lbs. maintained most of last year until September when there was a slow and steady rise and not finding it easy to shed them. Some old friends still posting.

Happy second anniversary SueBlue.

on

Hello Theodora! Lovely to hear from you and I’m glad you are still doing well on this WOE. You made such spectacular progress and were so helpful to many others on our thread. Your warmth and kindness touched many.

I can hardly believe it’s been two years already. Where does the time go?

I’m still plodding on. Started at 175lb (thought it was 5lb less at the time but subsequently turned out to have dodgy scales!). My ultimate target has always been 133lb and the lowest I have reached so far is 139lb. That was only a couple of weeks ago but am now up to 142lb due to a couple of wayward weeks triggered by a back injury.

Anyway, I’m just about pulled round now and am part of Kazzee’s Easter road trip thread. Hopefully will be back there in the next few days as a proper traveller rather than spectating from the sidelines. I am determined to get to my target by Easter as I celebrate a big birthday just after that and what better gift to myself than reaching target.

Actually I say that but I think the best gift has been discovering this WOE and how it puts you back in control of your weight. Not only that, but I have found that the positive ripples extend out to other areas of life as well. I think the BSD makes you not only more mindful about what you are putting into your body but also about how you are treating your body – and your whole self – in general. I have some big life decisions to make this year, and am basing them not just on logistics but also on what I want and what is good for me; two priorities that I have let slide over the years and honestly think the BSD has helped me to rediscover.

Hello to everyone who started this journey. Do let us know how you are getting on? This was a lovely thread to start the journey and I hope that everyone is still continuing somewhere – and if not, then give it another go: the BSD will always welcome you back with open arms!

Please log in or register to post a reply.