So…it starts today: my 8 week (at least) diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Thisisit

Well-done with fighting through the first week.
    I am amazed I have just checked my start date and my 8 weeks are up on bonfire night, at the moment just over 2 stone lose, and that was with a wobbly 10 days after week 5, I would like to lose anther 2 stone before Xmas but that is more of a stretch target, one stone may be realistic? But I will give it a good try.

Again well done, chin up I never thought I would see out the 8 weeks, it has been a lot easier that I ever thought possible, living on less than a 1000 calories a day?

• posted by Determinedthistime
    on

Thisisit – fantastic news, well done ๐Ÿ˜€ isn’t it weird the way our bodies work ? But what a great motivation to carry on, if you stick to it, it works !! Have a great day.
    I’m still waiting for that 1/2 lb to go to get under 19 stone, but am sure it’ll happen tomorrow. Just off to do heavy housework & burn some calories ๐Ÿ˜…

• posted by 5cuba
    on

Hi thisisit,

Congratulations on your fab weight loss…well done you must be chuffed ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. Keep going it makes you feel so good.

Louise ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Thank you all for the encouragement, I’ve had another good day, so a good start for week 2!
    Sumo your 8 weeks are up on bonfire night…that was well planned ahaha, lots of fireworks to celebrate that night then! Let us know your total loss at the end of it.
    Determinedthistime I will be looking out for your result tomorrow :).
    Louise, I’m very chuffed, just got to get through week 2 now, I’ve got lots going on the next few days so it will be a challenge, but I will remain positive and hopeful. Keep us posted with your results ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Flash21
    on

Well done everyone! Your reports and losses are great and will definitely help to keep me motivated!

Thisisit – 7lbs in week 1 is fab ๐Ÿ™‚ That will spur you on for the coming weeks.

5cuba – 23lbs in 5 weeks is wonderful. I reckon I could probably have been nearer that figure if my motivation hadn’t waned and I also hadn’t plateaued for ages after my first week! Really need to get firmly back on track. I seem to be able to be strict for only a few days at a time recently. Finding it difficult to get a streak of being good!

Sumo – well done on losing over 2 stone. What an achievement! Nothing to say you can’t lose another 2 by Xmas ๐Ÿ˜‰

Determinedthistime – that 1/2lb will be gone in a blink of an eye! You can do it.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Flash21 – sorry, been off radar for awhile. Well done for everything. When I lost my willpower I kept looking at a photo of me 5 years ago in France. I was slim! And everytime I looked at it, I thought I have to get there again!

on

YES!!! I’ve had the whoosh….. Scales now say 18.12 …..I’m a happy bunny, and excited to carry this on for as long as it takes. Feel so much more energetic this morning, it’s the best feeling to have found something that works, especially as I’ve tended to have 6 days at 800-1000 cals and the other not really counting…. and having wine.
    Thanks everyone for all the support we are giving each other xx
    Total lost so far, 16lbs in just over 5 weeks

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Determinedthistime, I knew you would do it, congratulations woop woop ๐Ÿ‘, and a spotless house in the process ๐Ÿ˜‰.
    Let’s all keep it up for positive results at our next weigh in ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    The support on here is brilliant, it’s proving to be a key to success for those that need it…I don’t know how I will feel as I hit ongoing weeks, but I know it won’t be plain sailing and just knowing now that you guys are here is reassuring for the weeks that lye ahead ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Flash21- thank you for starting this forum topic. It was reading the start of your journey and the support you were given that prompted me to join in with you…find that will power and motivation to be good longer than a few days. You can do this…

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hey Baristagirls! Nice to hear from you ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope all is well. Looking at photos is a fab idea. I will have to dig some out from when I looked far better than I do now!

Yay for the whoosh, Determinedthistime!! You sound very happy and positive – long may it last!

Thisisit – I’m so pleased you’ve found this thread useful! It’s my first ever one ๐Ÿ™‚ The support is fantastic and I think it has definitely been a big part of the whole process thus far. It is spurring me on and keeping me on track at the moment so fingers crossed that will last.

Hello to anyone else who might be reading too!

on

Morning Flash & all, yes, long may it last!! I feel it can, just by reading everyone’s journeys, it’s such a powerful, positive help, it makes you feel that you’re surrounded by lovely friends supporting and willing you on to do the best you can. Have a healthy, happy weekend everyone.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hurrah! Yes, hearing about how you are all getting on is definitely inspiring and makes me want to carry on following the plan. I like reading everyone’s tales and I feel like I’m getting to know you all! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Currently staying at my in laws for a week to help mum in law recover from an operation.
    They are the most gorgeous old couple (86 and 90) you could ever meet….but they live by routine and that includes what they eat and when they eat it.
    Yesterday I got my dad his fish and chips for his tea, later he has a strawberry cornetto every night and for his supper he has a few biscuits (I felt myself get really annoyed with every munching noise he made with the biscuits ๐Ÿ˜ก, I had been struggling all day to be good, despite preparing meals of sandwiches with thick white bread and butter. I made him a sausage sandwich this lunchtime (what he has on a Saturday), and then a pizza for tea before visiting mum in hospital!
    I haven’t caved, I had homemade soup and a chicken salad, and tonight when he was eating his strawberry cornetto I quickly ran to the fridge and allowed myself a small bowl of Greek yogurt and fresh raspberries ๐Ÿ˜‡.
    Does anyone else find it hard when those around you are eating all the things you shouldn’t have? If so, how do you avoid wanting to give them a punch or pushing their noses in what ever it is they are eating ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜. Yesterday was a tough one!

• posted by Thisisit
    on

I should also add my husband was delving into the cake, biscuits and ice cream as well, as we are both staying with parents ๐Ÿ˜Š.
    Feeling calmer today…perhaps I was under some stress the other day which makes everything feel ten times worse.
    I even went on a shopping errand yesterday with a list that said, cakes, biscuits, scones, bread…found myself dreuling over the bakery, eyeing up chocolate shortbreads, rocky roads, chocolate cake, it’s so funny how I found myself just slowly admiring all these items as if was at a museum looking through the glass window ahahah. I came away having stuck to the shopping list! I did pick up a bucket of popcorn on the way out, and I was kindly told by my hubby ‘you don’t need that’! So popped it back on the shelf again ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ. Strangely enough, with each passing day, no matter how hard, i wake up positive that I got through yet another day, which means I’m closer to my goal.

on

Well done Thisisit, you’re doing so well. I’ve been in exactly your situation in the past, and totally blown whatever diet I was on, and gone with the food flow!! It can be so hard to resist, but stick with it, the rewards are better than any cake or cornetto ( lovely as they are! )
    I lost both my Mum & Dad last year and I just wish I had found this way of life a couple of years ago. My Mum would have been so happy that I’d found a life changing way of losing weight.

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Determinedthistime thank you for your encouragement. Have just witnessed the Sunday evening cakes and cornetto’s being handed round again…time to tune into forum, and low and behold your kind supporting words greet me :).
    Sorry to hear about your parents, I’m sure they would be very happy and proud of what your achieving. Keep it up ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s amazing you have lost 16lbs in just over five weeks! Such an incentive for all of us as well ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Thank you, yes they would, that’s why I’m going to carry on for as long as it takes.
    Feel very positive – not my usual state, haha ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks again x

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Motivational poem….to all of us ๐Ÿ™‚

Do Not Give Up

Quitting Is Not The Way
    Poet: Julie Hebert, ยฉ 2012

Go ahead and quit, if you can’t see it through.
    But don’t come crying to me, when quitting is all you do.

Those who start to quit, when things start getting tough.
    Start to see quitting, as a way to get out of stuff.

They never stick things through, and can’t complete a thing.
    Is this the type of person, you see yourself being?

Quitters never win, no matter what you’ve heard.
    Have you ever heard a quitter, that is picked to be referred?

Of course that would be silly, why would someone refer?
    Someone who can’t even accomplish, they are their own saboteurs.

Next time you want to quit, think who you want to be.
    Quitters never win, I want more than this for thee.

I want to see success, surround you every day.
    I want you to be happy, and want to scream hooray!

I want you in a job, that makes you’re world so good.
    I want the work you do, feel just like childhood.

But most of all I want, to see you see things through.
    But not because you should, because you really want too.

And I realize you may be scared, that you can’t see it through.
    But I’m hear to tell you, you can, do anything you put your mind to.

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Quote of the day :)….

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Walt Disney

• posted by 5cuba
    on

Hi Everyone,

Can’t believe it’s been a week since I posted and a lot has happened on here ๐Ÿ˜Š. I promise I have read all your lovely words of encouragement and wisdom and I love listening to life just carrying on along side our weight loss journey together ๐Ÿ’—.

It was weigh in day for me today and I have just completed week 6 of the BSD ๐Ÿ˜Š. I lost 4.5lbs today and in total have now lost 28lbs (2 stone) in 6 weeks ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. I am now in the 10 stones (I haven’t been here in 12 years ….very unknown territory) and my BMI is 26. I am bouncing around like a jack rabbit ๐Ÿฐ lol.

I feel alive, healthy and am no longer a slave to food ๐Ÿ˜Š. i have loads of energy and do at least 2 hours of exercise before work and after ( that was unheard of before this way of eating).

I have set a new weight goal for myself today and am ready to take on my next stone ๐Ÿ’Ž.

Keep at it my lovelies it really does work and I am stunned by giving up sugar and cutting your calories can really produce what it says on the front of mike Moseley book ( loose up to 30lbs in 8 weeks).

Good luck to everyone. It’s my bday tomorrow still gonna av a fab time without sugar (gonna celebrate properly when I transfer to the 5:2 in 2 weeks.

Louise ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—xx

• posted by Thisisit
    on

OMGoodness ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    Fantastic result Louise, a big well done to you. It makes me smile and feel so happy reading your message. Congratulations….reading your news gets me very excited and glad I’m also on the journey. Positive results. Can’t wait to hear your results next week…keep it up!

Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ‚/๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜‰xx

• posted by Thisisit
    on

For tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜x

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Flash21 where are you?!
    How has your week been?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Louise, snap on the BMI, mine hit 26.0 today ๐Ÿ˜€ I think I am a week behind you as I am just starting my sixth week.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello all,

Lots of lovely positive tales coming from your corners of the world – keep it up! I haven’t had a great week, but neither too bad of one really – somewhere in the middle. I think I need to stop and reassess and go back to the book/recipes as I keep derailing myself and thus undoing all my progress. Overall, I’m feeling quite ropey at the moment – my back is playing up badly, I’ve got a cold, work is busy (and now Trump…..). I have noticed that I feel better and more energised when I keep more strictly to this way of eating, like many of you have mentioned above but for some reason I can’t get it into my brain that I have to do this and STICK to it. Why is that bit so hard???

• posted by Sumo
    on

Flash

Try this site I can help count Calories and Carbs

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary

It helps me and others to read what we eat or intend to eat, if I am being good an planning ahead I can see the Cals and Carbs, I have changed my eating by reviewing the hidden Carbs, by replacing with a better option, it takes me about 10 mins in the morning.
    Hope this or something similar helps, I believe there are apps for smart phones, I have a smart phone, but the operator fails miserably, (have chosen not to waist what life I have left on all these devices) I ask my Grandchildren if I need help?

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Hey flash, did you weigh yourself? Good or bad week I think it’s still important to get on them scales and be brace to face the results, otherwise it’s a bit like burying your head in the sand!
    The only way i have been able to stick to this diet religiously is because I WANT IT to work for me.
    And the only way I could STICK to it is
    A. I gave up drinking alcohol, one of the requirements of the diet…no calorie drinks.
    B. Reading the comments of others that is working, so I have the belief it can work for me too.
    C. Seeing the results from STICKING to it religiously for just one week!

STICK to it religiously for JUST one week Flash (like you did in the beginning), the results will encourage you on for the next week.

If I didn’t give up alcohol then I know I couldn’t do this as that has always been my downfall on previous diets.
    We all have a weakness/emotional crutch when it comes to eating and drinking. ALL of us do, wether we are overweight by a bit or a lot!
    It’s being prepared to give up that weakness to achieve the weight loss we all desire and want so badly. You have got to be prepared to give it up. Which comes back to the question of how bad do you WANT it.
    Yes it’s hard, but then so is giving up smoking, drinking, drugs, any addiction.
    The reward is getting control back, getting your health back, feeling happier about yourself, feeling more energetic, feeling alive (we only have to read the comments of those that are sticking to it :)).

You can achieve this Flash, you just got to want it badly enough and you got to be prepared to give up those food addictions, long enough to see the results to encourage yourself on further.

Where are you from? UK?
    There is a programme on tonight called ‘This Time Next Year’ on ITV. About people setting goals a year ago and now a year on seeing how they have got on.
    Sounds worth watching for anyone who is on a journey of achieving a goal…

Set your goal Flash and believe in yourself x

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Stick at it Flash21. Go back to eating how you ate that first week. Remember it is for your health! We all slip up.

As for world news – whatever your views – look at the sun that is shining – it gives the clouds that silver lining – beat those carbs and lose that weight – it’s the way to make yourself feel great

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hi Sumo,

Thank you very much for that. I have used it before but didn’t get to grips with but perhaps it’s time I tried again! I usually track manually in a food diary, but haven’t been doing much of that either…..argh. So perhaps my next steps need to be:

* track food regularly
    * increase water intake
    * refresh menu ideas and basic BSD principles
    * hang out more often on the forums!

I really do think these threads were key to my early success so am hoping they can help shoot me back into action. I have to start a really intensive rehab plan for my back in the next couple of days (or else metalware in my spine looms…..) so hopefully that will add to things by increasing my exercise levels.

Apart from weight loss and regaining energy, what are everyone’s main motivators for sticking to the plan? What do you do when you are tempted by carbs and other bad stuff? WHERE IS MY WILLPOWER????!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sumo
    on

Flash
    Good luck with your back, I injured mine many years ago, for those that have never lived with a bad back they have no idea?
    When faced with Carbs or other goodies that contain tooooo many Cals or Carbs, you can have the CaptLynne approach and say No
    Or decides that only if it is very occasional then a bit of what you fancy can do you good, if you have stayed with your plan for most of the week a little blip should not stop your weight loss, it may slow it down, it all depends what you goals are and how much or how fast you want or need to lose to get there

I personally this year have lost 3 out of 6 stones (2 on BSD) needed before the surgeons will consider me for a knee operation

• posted by Flash21
    on

Thank you Sumo ๐Ÿ™‚ Living with back pain is certainly no picnic. I am struggling to even sit at my desk today as the pain is quite intense. It just makes me want to retire to bed with painkillers and bad stuff like crisps. I know I need to be thinking about it all far more healthily but I have come to realise I definitely use food for comfort so when the going gets tough, diets go out of the window….I’m going to have to start imagining in you and CaptainLynne and others are watching over me and shouting no at my bad choices! I’ll learn……

I’m very impressed that you’re halfway through your weight loss. It’s a fantastic achievement and you must feel so proud!

• posted by mammaK
    on

Hi All Lovely Posters.

38yr old mum of 2. Just had blood test results and I am pre-diabetic. Bit of a shock. Have been feeling terrible, with increased thirst and peeing a lot! My dad was the same, cut out the bitter, lost 3 stone and was back to normal. I have gained weight, more recently mostly around tummy so that has to go.

Its 09/11/2016 and I have started the 8 week 800cal challenge – on the shakes first (asda quite a good comparison to optifast), will try 2 weeks then will use real food. 04/01/2017 is 8 weeks. No crimbo chocs for me (although you can keep those, im a bread fan!)
    I am not a veggie fan at all, but am sat here today with a tub of snacking peppers and a small pot of red pepper hummus, with fish tonight I should be around the 810 mark.

I walk for exercise, but have let it slide recently. Did 5 miles yesterday and will get back using the Leslie Sansone Walking programme – she is on youtube. Fab walking based sessions with resistance work with band or weights and free.

I will post updates – am doing this for me and my children.

Can I ask – do any of you drink tea and coffee – did you stop this or count in any milk during the 8/800?

• posted by Flash21
    on

Welcome mammaK!

Good to see you’ve joined us and are ready to take control of your diet to improve weight and health. This is a great place to be for support and encouragement!

I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with the shakes. I decided not to go for them as I like the “mouth feel” of real food and worried I wouldn’t last long on them! Those snacking peppers are really nice though! And I’ve discovered snacking cucumbers too, which are definitely good for when you want something crunchy or for dipping.

Hope you can keep up the walking. That’s something I’m really keen to get back into.

I drink the occasional cup of tea with only a splash of skimmed milk which I usually don’t bother to count or I opt for peppermint.

Looking forward to reading further updates from you! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sumo
    on

MK

Tea & black Coffee by the bucket full, just take account of any Milk or sugar, I also drink herbals as well, not a fan of water, juices or fizzy drinks. Note to take, you may wee even more as you come of the sugar and sugar withdrawal headaches are common, just drink lots. Measure all the bits you would like to see change as this can be a better motivator than the sales? I also avoid too much caffeine later in the day

• posted by Flash21
    on

Yup, you will definitely pee more!

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hiya to all you pre surgery guys

I’m having the first of two knee replacements in January and luckily started this WOE at the end of May before the decision was made so I say thank goodness I found the BSD. My goal is to be OW by the time of the surgery rather than obese not sure I have enough time but should get pretty close hopefully.

Everyone keeps telling me that apart from a good surgeon it’s all about the rehab and committing to the exercises. I’ve started a preop programme it’s hard work and time consuming 3×30 mins a day so lots of TV watching to pass the time! Luckily I’m retired. The only good thing is that it’s given me quite a shocking heads up to how hard the post rehab will be. It’s a bit like starting the diet having to be organised and committed and I have a lot of “do I really have to moments”! But I’m keeping on keeping on the BSD discipline is helping out.

So lots of sympathy to you guys but the weight loss 68 lbs made a big difference but it’s still hard

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Flash, as I mentioned above the biggest motivator for sticking at it for me is seeing the results quickly.
    I know I’ve only completed week 2 but I was excited at the first weeks results, it was a tough week and I dreaded getting on the scales incase it wasn’t good results, but sticking to it religiously paid off and that was the incentive for week 2.
    I have also set myself a goal and have spouted my mouth off to friends and family about it, which is to get into all my old dresses (including my wedding dress) by April.
    Christmas time is going to be a bit of an obstacle but trying not to think of that at the moment.

MamaK welcome to you, I think the first week is one of the most important, so keep with it and you will see the results. You might not sleep as good for weeing more, headaches, drink plenty to avoid constipation ahaha!
    I gave up milk, which surprisingly I don’t miss anymore, and like Sumo drink tea, coffee, herbal tea and fizzy water by the bucket load.
    My other salvation has been my soup maker (which I purchased from a charity shop), it’s been one of the best things I bought and use often.
    I throw in chopped raw veg or cooked veg, add stock cubes, fill with water switch it on and in 20 mins I have hot ready to eat soup. It makes a huge amount to sustain me a couple days as a meal or a small filler if I feel hungry :).

Keep us posted with your progress ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by mammaK
    on

Just peed for what felt like 20mins lol. bit of a headache but was up with a pukking child last night so think its that!

Feel ok so far, will let you know – I might post everyday for support, feel I need it.

What do other people have for their evening meals??

xx

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Just to add (I seem to write a lot don’t I ๐Ÿค—, sorry if I waffle on).
    My weigh day is today but I’m away from home and my scales.
    Debated wether to jump on my mum in laws but they are 30 years old ๐Ÿ˜ณ, so decided against it, and will wait until Sunday when I’m back home. Will post results then…

• posted by Thisisit
    on

MammaK I posted everyday for support in the first week and everyone was amazing on here ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Thisisit
    on

This weeks evening meals:

Goats cheese salad with a yummy homemade dressing (Greek yogurt, dash olive oil, seasoning, some crushed garlic and spoon of Dijon mustard or wholegrain mustard). I put the goats cheese under the grill for five minutes. I had this meal twice this week.
    I only have goats cheese if I’ve skipped breakfast and had brunch because is got slightly more calories (recommend the app MyFitnessPal to keep track of daily calories and plan what your going to eat the day before).

Roast chicken (without skin) (I buy a whole cooked chicken and have it to myself over a couple days) vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, sprouts. I allow myself a spoon of bisto gravy. (I also use some chicken to add to my homemade soup when I reheat some).

Roast chicken with a large salad and homemade dressing. I had this twice.

Sea bream or what ever fish I have, with oven baked courgette, red pepper, green pepper, red onion and cherry tomatoes scattered on a baking tray with seasoning, some olive oil and dash of balsamic vinegar, toss all together and bake until cooked.

Grilled Gammon steak, two poached eggs on top, large salad.

• posted by Thisisit
    on

If I feel I want something nice and I’m within calories I have some plain low fat Greek yogurt (making sure it’s not replaced with artificial sweeteners etc) and fresh raspberries or strawberries added to it :).
    Full fat Greek yogurt is gorgeously creamy and nicer, and will use that, just less of it, when I’ve lost more weight (that’s my plan)

• posted by Flash21
    on

Post away – it’s what this thread is for! We are all here to encourage each other and to keep us on the straight and narrow ๐Ÿ˜‰

Evening meals vary from something like a chicken or prawn broth (usually made with miso paste), steak/chicken/fish with salad or veg, sometimes even breakfast for dinner! I am also a huuuuge fan of cauliflower in all its forms: cauli cheese, mashed as a topping for shepherds pie, cauli rice with bacon and chili flakes and cream with a sprinkling of parmesan. Or sometimes something like pasta sauce on mound of veg.

Angiebabe – welcome! I’m also about to start some rehab – although for back rather than knees. It can only be a positive thing to shed some weight on this plan to make recovery and strengthening far easier. I need to keep all of these things in mind as currently I am more off the wagon than on….!

Thisisit – hope you get back to your own scales soon. Well done for avoiding all those cornettos too!

• posted by mammaK
    on

anyone else doing shakes?

• posted by Frog
    on

Mammak
    when I started BSD I calculated how much milk I used on average in tea (only drink black coffee) and logged the same amount every day.
    I use a lot less now, and don’t bother, but it’s an easy way of keeping control for the first 8 weeks

• posted by mammaK
    on

Just measured my waist, eek 43ins!

It’s out there now, most other bits of me are ok, but that was a shock!

I want a good loss by next wed and a little bit off would be great too.

Feel OK today. Peppers were a revalation at work, measured my allowance and snacked when peckish, which was not that often amazingly!

Might try scrambled eggs tomorrow with a bit of cheese in, then my lunch shake and dinner.

Will let you know how I get on. You are all amazing x

• posted by mammaK
    on

Just checked and my waist should be 31ins or less, 1ins at a time eh xx

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Hello everyone. I was just flicking across the whole forum for motivation and came across this thread. You have really boosted me I have to say and I wanted to say thank you. I started the Fast800 on October first with five stone to lose, and did really well for nearly three weeks (slow weight loss thanks to metabolic issues, but I stuck to it) and then I fell off the wagon gradually due to stress eating, business travel, bad planning and a lack of self confidence that I have it in me to do this. I just started again earlier this week. I have been too scared to weigh myself yet as I suspect I gained back all the weight I lost originally, and I want to gather a head of steam back before I get on the scales or else I know I’ll get disheartened. (Before I was weighing myself every day and it worked for me better mentally than once a week. Each to their own.)

It’s heartening to know that I’m not alone in experiencing a bumpy journey and many of your comments have resonated with me quite deeply. I’m a regular poster in the 1st October Starters group and one of the ladies there has a brilliant term: ‘NSV or ‘non-scale victory’. These are equally or more important, as someone on this thread has already pointed out. For me, the simple fact that I have picked myself up, dusted myself off and got back on the horse is a major NSV. I’m motivated by the great losses that a number of you have had, and that you have stuck to it. I hope to be able to claim my place in this victory line-up soon! Thank you again.

• posted by Natalie
    on

In the book MM promotes full-fat dairy rather than low-fat which is processed and has things added. Fat is good for us! I also eat the skin of chicken – yum.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

We need to eat the fat to burn the fat! I find this diet so enjoyable as full fat foods are tasty and I was never fully satisfied on other diets

Please log in or register to post a reply.