Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

SG, hope you get to make your UK trip in July. Huge well done on the scales victory and I know your BG has benefited from your efforts too. Happy painting!
    Figured it’s time to log a few more positives ….
    🍸 great date night on Friday … meal was top notch, even if I say so myself🤭, not a duff course amongst them and the cocktail was a winner too.
    🌱 young plants are now in the new mini greenhouse.
    🌷 potted up a few plants to share with a friend, she gifted me a lovely hosta recently.
    📱good chat with friend in India, pleased to say he’s has one vaccination and has the follow up next month. Was a relief to hear at him quite upbeat this time.
    Hope you have all had a very positive weekend.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Just popping in to say hello and glad to see the old gang still feeling positive.
    I’m doing ok with my no weigh no diet way of life and feel freer (?) and calmer.
    Love to you all
    B X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Merry Monday everyone! Hows everyone today? Good to catch up on all the news and to see my twin,BUSYBEE,here!XX
    My news..
    *~ Looking forward to taking my new neighbour’s little dog Ted for a walk. He’s elderly,so am I,he doesn’t like to go far,I’m not great on my pins..we should get along fine!
    *~ DD and SIL have booked a little break in Wales,middle of nowhere,no WiFi. Going near the end of June. I’ll be looking after my furry friend Ziggy Stardust while they’re gone.
    *~ Have just ordered said furry friend a new cat basket! Can’t wait for it to come. Tho he probably will ignore it and continue to climb into any empty boxes or bags that happen to be lying around. He has got too big to get into his tweedy “house” any more…he has to back into it and then gets stuck! 😀
    Another week begins,hope it’s a good one for all of us! XX
    A young friend mentioned this in an email to me yesterday..(.we were discussing him being too critical of himself at times)
    “ Don’t compare your inside to somebody else’s outside” ..What a good thought. I wish I had been as wise at 28 as he is!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Belatedly just realised we’ve flipped over to a new page on the Positives thread ….. well done us!!!!!
    Yowser, loving you furry friend positives and the wise words from your young friend.
    Busy, glad your no weigh/no diet approach is making you feel more positive.
    Missed posting positives yesterday, so need to find a few for today …..
    🌱 four little plug aquiligia arrived today … they’re having a drink and will be potted up tomorrow to go in the new greenhouse for a little while.
    🙂 made plans for DD, her fiance and our grandson to come to dinner on Thursday, first get together in months.
    🧘‍♀️ seem to be really in the zone with meditation at the moment, have had a few really good sessions over the last few days.

Nothing else springs instantly to mind, other than being thankful friends and family remain covid free and all getting vaccination when offered.

Please do take a moment to tell us about your positive/s, it will help uplift someone else too. Have a good evening everyone.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Sorry I haven’t posted as often as I had intended but I still enjoy reading everyone else’s positives😀I have some myself for today:
    🙂 Got my hair cut and coloured today.It’s long overdue so was a real treat.I’ve decided to make the most of my natural curls so had lots of layers cut in which bring them out more.
    🎉 Only 3 more days of tests until DD breaks up for 14 weeks until starting 6th form
    🤞 Have bought a fitbit and am going to start using a new fitness log pad and meal planner notebook from tomorrow so hoping that will give my willpower a bit of a boost!
    😀 Have managed to get another visit booked to see my dad in his care home so hoping I get to see him this time,it’s not until 5th June so hoping nothing happens to stop visit before then🤞

Dawn X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Dawn, always happy to see you posting here. How lovely to have a pamper at the hairdressers. My hairdresser is in Turkey so I still have to wait a bit before I can see him. Meanwhile, I took scissors to my locks myself again a couple of days ago. Hope you have a great visit with your Dad.
    Okay, let’s see what positives I can find for today …
    🌞👒 the sun had his hat on today …. yippee!!!
    🌹 thanks to the weather being a bit warmer, two of my roses have begun to bloom.
    🧊 bought a stylish glass ice bucket for £2.50 in a charity shop.
    🌱 potted up the baby aquiligia which arrived yesterday.
    Simple pleasures, but they’ve all given me a lift today. Hope something in your day, has done the same for you … do tell us about it.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! Nice to catch up here on all the upbeat news🥳
    My contribution…
    *~ Took new neighbours little dog for a walk. My new friend Teddy likes to stop and have a really long sniff at everything,but it’s great coz while he does I can enjoy seeing the dandelions,daisies,buttercups etc that are everywhere right now. Good to stop and appreciate the moment.
    *~ DD and SIL are going out this evening ..what we call “ going over the water”..over the Mersey to beautiful Wirral. Going to have chippy tea at the seaside. I’ve told them to give BUSYBEE a wave!
    *~ Warm today. I’m now indoors for the rest of the day so I’ve got my new cool and soft nightie on..pretty enough to be a dress really.
    Happy weekend everyone!🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi Yowzer and I hope your DD and SIL enjoyed their visit to our lovely Wirral. After a cloudy day yesterday we woke to a beautiful warm sunny day and I intend to just sit in the garden with the papers and enjoy the moment.
    Have a great weekend everyone
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, how lovely to get a little share in your neighbour’s little dog.
    Busy, hope you enjoyed your leisurely day in the sun.

Sorry for being AWOL for a few days. Not really sure why, but regardless, here are some positives now ….
    🙂 Thursday, got to see DD and family. Have plans now to see g/son for lunch on Tuesday and her for lunch on Wed.
    🌞 at last the weather seems to have changed, with warm sunny days ….. actually wore a scrappy top today.
    👩‍🌾 good session in the garden today, trimmed two lilac trees, potted on some tiny plug plants and sieved a few kg soil. Finished off with redoubling slug protection where necessary, spraying roses and watering the pots that needed it.
    🎶 friend has released an album and it’s already showing well on Amazon charts …. really excited for him, it’s been 5yrs in the making.

It’s been a good weekend so far, hoping for another sunny day tomorrow and more garden time. Hope your weekend has been a good one, whatever you are doing. Do take a moment to tell us about some of your high points… we’d love to read about them.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Can hardly believe this run of warm sunny days …. not that I’m complaining. Actually, guess that is the first positive for today.
    🍽 took g/son to lunch today … lovely to sit down together and catch up. Pleased to say he’s upbeat and did well in his assessments before college broke for half term.
    🌱 getting some gardening time every day at the moment …. bliss.
    🌹 roses are starting to bloom at last … two shrubs putting on a good show, with lots of other bushes to share their flowers soon.
    Well, those are my little pluses at the moment, please do share yours with us too. Have a lovely evening everyone.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I’ve been AWOL for a while, nice to catch up on positives and add some of my own.
    – held brother made it up for a few days and managed to pick glorious weather. So a wee impromptu day off work yesterday to spend some time climbing a big hill with him. Cracking day.
    – had good enough weather to inspire the garden again. Dug a wee bed for 3 fruit bushes we were given and got them planted and watered.
    – qualified the wee horse for national champs and pretty confident we might actually get there this time (scared to say that out loud – horses can very easily ruin plans) fingers crossed.
    – work calmed down a bit after a full in few weeks. Still having to manage phased return to work and all the challenges but getting there.
    – friends and family mostly doing well. Had the chance to catch up with a few people abs he a little but sociable.
    – still loving getting out running and I’ve got a really good crazy running buddy. Makes me smile.

🥰

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see you back, Julz. Sounds like you’re plenty busy!
    Few positives from my little corner ….
    🍽 lovely lunch with DD today, at a favourite restaurant and I’ve booked a table for myself and OH for next week.
    🌱 at last my baby hellibores have arrive. They are enjoying a good drink, before being potted up tomorrow.
    🐝 made a bee drinking station, with a shallow bowl and some pebbles.
    🌧 a good dose of rain here today, just what the garden has been wanting.

Whatever you have been doing today, hope there have been some positives sprinkled through.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay, let’s see what positives I can find for today, feel sure there must be some ….
    🍪 made some very yummy nut and seed crackers, which go very nicely with the Gentleman’s Relish which has just arrived.
    🌼 potted up some plants for my Mum …. we go to visit my parents tomorrow for the weekend.
    💦 gave the whole garden a good water, as we’ll be away until Monday.
    That will do for today I think … enjoy your evening everyone and please post a positive or two when you have a moment.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Have had a stressful few weeks for various reasons so haven’t got round to posting but have a big positive today..

🎉 I finally got to visit my Dad last night in his care home and hold his hand after a long 14 months.He is painfully thin which was quite shocking at first and his voice was weak but my sister and I spent a precious hour with him for which I will always be grateful.He knew us straightaway and chatted about football mostly,about how he played when he was young and about various players from the local team over the last few years.I was relieved my sister was with me as she’s a football fan whereas I know nothing and it seems to be one of the few things he remembers.we will hopefully be able to book another visit soon🤞
    🎂DDs 16th birthday tomorrow and,because we are only allowed 6 people for indoor gatherings and can’t be sure of the weather for outdoor gatherings,we are not having our usual family gathering but are spreading the celebrations over 4 days and seeing different groups on different days so put balloons etc up yesterday morning and had a lovely time with my mum,sister,b-I-l and their dog(who is our dog’s half sister) m-I-l and f-I-l coming round today,our closest family friends tomorrow and DDs friends on Tuesday.Once all restrictions end(can’t see the happening on 21st June) we will arrange a proper family get together hopefully.
    😎 Weather has been fabulous for last few days,hoping it continues,Sunny I eventually got my dahlias potted up!
    That’s all for me from now.Even though I haven’t been posting I’m still reading posts daily.Dawn X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

I’ve thought of another positive!
    DD and I had a lovely day shopping on Friday for first time in ages(including clothes shopping for her and we didn’t argue once🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 ) 😀
    Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,just had to drop by to say to DAWN,I’m so glad you’ve seen yr Dad! And Happy Birthday to your daughter! Sweet sixteen 💕❤️! Oh what I wd give to be sixteen again!!! Enjoy your celebrations and I know what you mean about shopping etc with teens..they can be hard work! But soon turn into lovely adults when that phase passes!
    My positives…
    *~ Had a good week food wise,making good choices,deffo feel slimmer!
    *~ Saturday we had a beer in the sunshine,lovely outside venue and great choice of beers,I only had half a pint,don’t think it did too much damage.
    *~ Don’t know if it’s the Huel meal replacements ( only having one a day at the moment,plus a meal) but two people told me I looked glowing this weekend! No idea why,I feel like the wreck of the Hesperus as in the midst of an insomnia phase which seems to be going on and on..but not complaining. Being retired,at least I don’t have to face a days work after no sleep….And it’s lovely to see the sunrise at this time of year. Loving the early dawns and going for a walk at about ten pm,twilight!
    SUNNYB …thanks for keeping this thread going,❤️ sorry I haven’t been around much lately!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Dawn, so pleased you got to see your Dad and have a lovely time with your daughter hope her birthday has been special. Really hope you get to see your Dad again soon. Pleased to hear you got the dahlia planted.
    Yowser, well done on being so upbeat, despite ongoing insomnia. Don’t think I’d be finding positives if I were lacking sleep! Hope you get some proper sleep and rest soon.
    Plenty of positives to report…..
    👵👴 lovely visit with parents … so lovely to spend time with them and be able to hug them.
    😀 also saw my son and got to hug him too … he does a good line in hugs! There’s never been a time when he’s shied away from hugging his Mum, even in his teens.
    🚗 good journey home today, surprisingly little traffic.
    💐 came home with lots of new plants, some of which I’d left with my Mum last September including a fabulous peony and some gifted from her including a young plant she rooted from one that previously belonged to my Nan.
    🌹 while I was away, three more rose bushes and the water iris have started to bloom.
    Hope whatever you did this weekend, there were plenty of positives for you. Do please tell us about them if you can spare a moment. Have a wonderful week everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just popping in to post a few positives after a pleasant day ….
    🌞 lovely sunny day, very much appreciating having fine weather, after all the grey and rain of last month.
    🌱 enjoyed some gardening time, potted up some plants and refreshed three small troughs. Still plenty to do, so will be back out there again at some point tomorrow, after getting some more compost.
    🌸 looks like I’ve successfully resuscitated DD’s orchid … old leaves looking much less wrinkled and it has a new leaf beginning to emerge.
    Whatever you have been doing today, hope it brought some positives for you and maybe you’ll take a moment to tell us about them.

• posted by florob85
    on

Sunny how did you revive an orchid? I’ve been fighting to revive one for months and it doesn’t seem to be doing much!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Lauren, assuming it’s a hydration issue … wrinkling leaves …. this is what to do.
    Often when leaves are dehydrated, the root system is compromised.
    Remove the orchid from it’s pot and cut away all dead root, even if that is the entire root system which was in the medium.
    Make tea in a container large enough to sit the orchid in, submerge the aerial roots if there are few or no other roots.
    Leave in the tea solution for 12hrs, then remove and allow to dry out for 12hrs. Repeat this process for a few days, until the leaves show improvement.
    Repot in to fresh orchid medium, water and feed as normal.
    Hope that helps🌸🙂

• posted by florob85
    on

Thanks Sunny, I would never think to use tea! I shall give it a shot

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s s method I found on YouTube, but I’ve used it a few times and it’s worked fine. Good luck with yours, Lauren.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone and thanks Sunny and Yowzer,,earliest time slot free to next see my Dad is 19th June but that will be nice as it’s the day befor Fathers Day.Yowzer it sounds like you are doing really well food wise,hopefully that will be me soon!Sunny I’m pleased you have been having some lovely family hugs.Some positives for today…
    🎉DD has has thoroughly enjoyed her 4 day birthday celebrations but I am quite looking forward to getting back to ‘normal’ life tomorrow!
    🌼 Some dahlias which I potted up last week have started sprouting through the soil already
    🙂 I spent time with my closest friend and her (grown up)daughter today and we’ve all committed to losing weight and getting to our goals this year.We are all doing it differently but will be supporting each other.
    I will try to post more positives tomorrow! Dawn X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Pleased that you have another visit with your Dad arranged, Dawn. Something nice for you both to look forward to. Glad your DD has enjoyed extended birthday, but I’m sure you’ll be pleased to have thinks return to normal. Good news about the dahlia and your new support system.

Positives from me today …..
    🌞 weekly shop done and also bought 6 more bags of compost, ready to set up new planters at the weekend.
    🐝 bumble bees are loving my new peony.
    ☘ OH has agreed we can let the centre of our ‘lawn’ do it’s own thing, a bit like a wild meadow. I’m thrilled, as it is really becoming it’s own little eco-system and I’m going to add some other wild flower seed to it too.
    🍽 date night meal planned, although this week it will be on Saturday, as OH is taking me out to dine on Friday.
    What was your positive from today? Do come and tell us! Have a great evening folks.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Time for some positives …..
    😀 have rediscovered ‘Gentleman’s Relish’ … not to everyone’s taste, but I’m very fond of it.
    🌹 taking time to smell the roses…. literally …. and they smell heavenly!
    🍪 made another batch of almond crackers with seeds, very tasty …. a few of them with some peanut butter made up lunch.
    Just simple pleasures, but it’s finding joy in the little things, which helps us to see our lives are blessed.

Please let us know about the good things which have come your way.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

A busy weekend has kept me from posting positives, but I’m here now to share a few ….
    🍽 dined out at a fav restaurant with OH on Friday and then did date night at home on Saturday, two lovely evenings.
    🌱 some time gardening on Sunday, setting up a couple of new planters and tidying troughs in the front garden.
    🌜on Saturday it was such a warm evening, we sat in the garden until 10.30pm.
    🌞 heard over the weekend, that at last the builders have been able to start our build project in Turkey.
    🌹my roses are really flowering well now, with over half of them blooming at the moment. I adore my roses😍
    That will do for me at the moment, really hope you have all found some positives over the weekend. Please do share a few with us if you can find a moment to post …. will look forward to reading about them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy folks! Just checking in with some quick positives! WowzerYowzer,we’re almost halfway thru the year already! How did that happen?
    *~ Had a nice decaf coffee yesterday,and ( ahem! ) half a scone, sitting in the Bean There cafe on the corner of Penny Lane watching the world go by,then we sat in the park enjoying the trees and flowers. These days,because we go out so much less than we did in the “before” world,we really appreciate every little outing.
    *~ Making the most of this last week of the longest days. Having evening walks. Last night DD and I had a stroll and were joined by our cat. So cute padding along next to us!
    *~ Today having a lovely lazy and chilled day at home catching up on reading my cheapo books courtesy of eBay!
    Good news SUNNY re your Turkish build,and DAWN,not long til you see yr Dad on the 19th💕💕
    Thought for the day..
    ‘ Forget the mistake,Remember the lesson’ 💝🌻💝🌻💝🌻💝🌻💝🌻💝🌻💝🌻💝🌻💝🌻 XXXX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, good to see you posting and very upbeat. Really sobering that from next week, the days start to get shorter again. How cute that the cat joined you and DD on your walk! Great quote by the way.

So let’s see what little positives I can find for today …
    ⏰ this one is quite is sort of ongoing, but I’ve recently acknowlwdged that as we are ‘retired’, we no longer have to be woken by an alarm each morning. A much nicer way to start a new day … bliss! It is a rarity now, to have to resort to alarms.
    🌼 sowed the wild flower seeds in our ‘mini meadow’ this evening …. fingers crossed 🤞🏻 some take.
    🥘 made some rather yummy dal, as a side for dinner this evening.
    If something has made you smile today, please come and tell us about it.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

👰 DD booked her wedding today …. 1st June 2022 at 1pm in the botanical gardens in Gibraltar ….. I’m soooooo excited!!!!
    👩‍🦰 OH recoloured my hair this evening … hadn’t been coloured since early December.
    ⛈ looking forward to the promised rain later, to water y garden and top up the depleted water butt.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone.Thanks Yowzer,yes fingers crossed Saturday afternoon my Mum,sister and I will be able to see my Dad together which will be lovely🙂
    Some positives from me today:
    🌼 Some of the dahlias I planted up a few weeks ago are really poking up through the soil
    🥳 Weighed myself yesterday and I’ve lost 5lbs
    🎬 Going to the cinema next week for first time in forever!
    Hope everyone has a good day/evening.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi friends xx
    SUNNY so many wonderful things! DDS wedding booked,wild flowers sown,no longer slaves to the alarm! So nice not being jumped into wakefulness by qia loud noise down your ear isnt it.
    DAWN well done on weight loss,that’s a big bag of spuds less! Hope today went perfectly with yr Dad,I was thinking if you this avvo…x
    oooh cinema! How lovely! What are you going to see?
    My positives…
    *~ I am the Finder of Lost Things these days..today found a tenner in the middle of the road..I feel so sorry for whoever dropped it,I have no way of reuniting it with owner..I keep thinking,did they get on a bus or train and find they had no fare,were they going to a supermarket and got to the check out before they realised..
    Recently I found £30 and after trying for several weeks to find out who had dropped it ( in the main hall of our flats) I gave it to charity. Found a credit card,handed it in to the bank. Found a cat and found his owner. I AM the Finder!😁😁
    *~ DD and SIL have gone for a short break in Wales,no WiFi so work can’t make any demands, and they can finally switch off for a while
    *~ I’m looking after pusscat which is always a pleasure 😻😻😻
    Happy Solstice for Monday… with the sun rising at around 4.43am and setting at 9.21pm, delivering 16 hours, 38 minutes and 21 seconds of daylight in London…a bit more further up North. Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowzer.Had lovely visit with my Dad though my Mum was upset afterwards because he’s lost even more weight since she last saw him.Some of the things he was saying made no sense but there were still glimmers of my Dad there and I’m pleased my Mum,sister and I got to see him together though my sister stood outside the open French doors as only 2 people are supposed to actually be in the room with him.The movie I’m going to see this week is A Quiet Place 2,bit of a scary one!Love all of the finding you’ve been doing,the cat is my favourite so far😃 Dawn X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser – better to be finding things than losing them. Enjoy your time with the fur-baby😻. Solstice weather here has been dire and so chilly we put the heating on for awhile! Feel somewhat cheated that the days will now begin to get shorter.
    Dawn – so pleased your visit with your Dad went well and lovely that the three of you could visit at the same time, making it a family event.

Positives from my little corner ……
    🙂 lovely long weekend visiting with an old friend, even if we did have to dodge the weather.
    🌹 pleased to find my roses have coped okay with the bad weather over the weekend.
    🤫 quiet day today doing nothing in particular, but did plan the menu for this week’s date night, which will happen on Saturday.
    Nothing else springs readily to mind, so those will do for me at the moment. Please do post your positives though, we’d love to read about them.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Back to post some more positives ….
    🛒 successful shopping trip, including buying a sparkly little necklace from a charity shop, for the grand price of £1.50
    👍🏻 found OH’s misplaced label maker, which he’s been hunting for on and off for over a week.
    🌹 rose deadheading session this morning, but there are plenty of buds yet to unfurl.
    🎁 OH’s belated Father’s Day gift arrived and he’s looking forward to trying it … a cherry and almond gin liqueur.
    Hope you have a positive or two to post … will look forward to reading about them🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Seems everyone is too busy to be posting positives, but I’ll keep right on posting mine, in the hope someone else will join in. Mine for today are …
    🧵 have started to make a garment cover for DD’s wedding dress, as I’m concerned it’s currently rather scrunched up, in the bag she collected it in.
    👗 tried on the dress I’ve already bought for her wedding and it fits much better than I’d feared…. just need to ditch a couple of pounds and tone up a little.
    🌞 bright sunny day, allowing for some gardening and photography.
    ✉ sent a snail-mail message to a friend … it felt quite nice to write to someone in the old fashioned way for a change.
    If you have a moment and a positive to share, please post it here 🙂

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sunny – so good to see that you’re still posting positives!👍

I’ve been very neglectful of the site, and all my weight loss buddies, but have just popped on to see how many of you are still here.

Just to encourage everyone, new and old, i thought I’d make a quick update, and the Positives thread seems as good a place as any. So, four and a half years after embarking on BSD, and 4 years after reaching my target weight, I’m still here (total loss 4 and 1/2 stone) – and still half a stone under target. Now if that isn’t a positive I don’t know what is.👍

Another positive for me today is that for the first time EVER, despite years of trying to grow them (not very green fingered I’m afraid, and have always been hijacked by squirrels, birds, slugs, snails etc) I have got an amazing, colourful display of anenomes (my favourite flower).😁

3rd positive is that we’ve just received Planning Permission for a much needed house extension – now all we need is to find a builder (like gold-dust atm).

Keep on keeping on everyone – the BSD really does work.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Theo, good to see a post from you🙂👍🏻
    Good news both re: maintenance (well done) and the planned building work. I continue to maintain, but currently a smidge above target …. looking for the motivation for a concerted effort to drive that below target again. There are a just a few folks still around who you’d probably know from before, like Verano, Sunshine Girl and possibly Yowser.
    Well done on getting anenomes to bloom too …. I put some in this year and thought they probably wouldn’t flower this year, but they are just beginning to bloom now. I’m thinking I might have to put more in next spring 🤭.
    Hope we’ll see you occasionally posting again, meanwhile best of luck with finding builders and getting your project completed.

While I’m here, let’s see what positives I can find for today ….
    🌱 lovely gardening session, replanted the bidet planter and discovered lots of juvenile lewisia, crocus bulbs and cyclamen. Fingers crossed they will go on to develop and give flowers next year.
    🤭 ordered another batch of felt planters, as I have loads of plants waiting for a proper home.
    🛏 fresh sheets on the bed today, so looking forward to snuggling into those tonight😴
    Please post you positive here, we love to read them.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you have all been enjoying a good weekend, blessed with plenty of positives. Mine has provided the following …
    🙂 pleasant meal out on Friday, with friends who are moving back north this coming Wednesday. Good to be able to wish them well in person.
    📆 lovely date night with OH last evening.
    🌱 enjoyed a good session of gardening, setting up propagation pods on some of my roses. 🤞fingers crossed some of them are successful.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend and please do come and share a few positives if you can spare a moment or two.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Sorry for not being around much folks..cutting down on internet time..if only I could cut down as successfully on sneaky treats!🥳🥳 Hehe! 💕
    Some positives..
    *~ Enjoyed a week of looking after furbaby grandson while DD and SIL on hols in Wales. They returned with a nice little tan,have had good weather. I’m grateful they had that break and all went smoothly at home and away. Ziggy the cat ignoring them now they’re back,to punish them for going away😀😽
    *~ Looking forward to two afternoons out this week! Wahey! One for a beer,one for hairdressers and a coffee. Simple pleasures but treasured these days! Think we have all learnt not to take all the nice small things for granted any more.
    *~ It’s Wimbledon! I’m not a tennis fan but I’m happy for all those who will enjoy it. Ditto not a football fan but I know this Euro Cup ( ? Is that the correct name) is a big highlight for many. We all need all the fun we can get.
    *~ Beautiful summery June day here..perfect for strawbs and cream,which I’m snaffling for my lunch 😋😋😋😋
    Love to all xxx Take care everyone and remember..
    Monday may not be
    One of your favourite days,but
    Never forget that every
    Day you wake up is
    An amazing gift and it’s up to
    You to make it count xxx
    🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, lovely to see a post from you. Glad DD and SIL had a good break away and you enjoyed your time with fur baby grandson. Made me smile that he is punishing them for leaving him …. just what our cat used to do. Enjoy your afternoons out … drop by to tell us about them if you can.

My positives for today are….
    🖌 got a base coat on one wall today and also chose the paint for the top coat, so living room project making a little progress.
    🌹 whilst in B&Q getting sample pots of paint, also acquired a beautiful red and white stripy patio rose 🤭.
    ⛈ today’s rain means I don’t need to water plants this evening.
    🚗 made arrangements to go and visit eldest DD and SIL in a couple of weeks time.
    That will do for me for today. Hopefully others will share a positive or two … will look forward to reading them.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Positives for today ….
    🖥 got a batch of computer based admin done today, somewhat overdue, so good to get it out of the way.
    🧵 a little more of a sewing project done, reckon one more session should see it completed.
    Struggling to think of anything else to add to this list today, so will be content with that. If you have a moment, please post a positive you have found recently.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So, here I am again, first and probably last to post on the positives thread today. Determined not to give up on others posting as well though, even of it feels a bit like I just talking to myself at the moment.
    🖥 OH has almost finished transferring all programmes and files to the new pc
    🚗 he also found the problem with the brakes on my car and fixed them …. lucky to have him!
    🌹 gardening weather again today, so more plants now have proper homes.
    Three’s enough from me …. why not post just one of yours, if time doesn’t permit more? Enjoy your evening 🙂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yoohoo SUNNY! Your OH is deffo a keeper 💝 You’re not alone on here today,coz I got lovely news this evening…
    *~ My neighbours baby,born very prem,has just come home after seven weeks in the Special Baby Unit!🥳🥳🥳
    *~ I’m still the Finder of Lost Things! Found a credit card outside the supermarket. Left it with Customer Services,hope the owner calls in for it.
    *~ This isn’t a really positive but it made us laugh so it’s a good thing. DDs cat was most put out when a neighbours cat strolled in and up the stairs…he chased her downstairs and out through the garden. Both cats had huge floofed up tails! Was so funny to watch! XXX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,happy weekend!
    My positives for today..
    *~ DDs next door neighbours have a baby girl,born yesterday! DD and hubby were just coming home when neighbours car arrived and he almost fell out of it to tell them…”We’ve got a baby” were his actual words 😊! Ahhh,How sweet 💝
    *~ They knew they were having a girl but didn’t tell anyone,but all along I said it was a girl!
    Mum and baby are fine,coming home tomorrow.
    *~ So! We now have a new baby boy AND a new baby girl in the neighbourhood.
    Welcome to the world,two new little souls 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Saying for today…
    Life is like a camera
    Focus on what’s important ❤️💕
    Capture the good times 🥳
    Develop from negatives ⭐️
    And if things don’t work out,just take another shot 📸

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, thanks for the posts …. yes, OH is a keeper for sure. Wonderful news about new babies in your neighbourhood ….. really lovely to have that positive energy around. I like the camera analogy as an approach to life.

Anyway, after a busy few days, I have some positives to post ….
    🌱 had an unexpected visit from eldest grandson on Friday, who surprised me by asking if we could do some gardening together. We spent a couple of very pleasant hours setting up some new containers and potting on a few plants. He left with a few pots to take care of at home.
    📆 lovely date night with OH on Friday.
    🖌 decorating project moving on a pace now with paint going up on living room walls having finally pinned down the right colours.
    💁‍♀️ call from youngest granddaughter’s mum on Friday, resulted in them visiting today, so we have had a few lovely hours catching up on news in person.
    🙏🏻 heard today one of my friends in India tested positive for covid, but has made a good recovery.

It’s been a good weekend all in all🙂 …. happy and content with my lot …. who could ask for more!

To close, happy Independence Day to our friends Stateside, have a great day.

If anyone has noted a positive, please take a moment to tell us about it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Thought it was about time I contributed to this thread again!
    I really do think it’s very important to keep our thinking ‘positive’ although I’ve not been doing much of that lately! So pleased that the few ‘stalwarts’ have been posting so regularly.
    So ….. hello girls! Good to be back…….

📚📚📚 Today I bought my new mid-year diary. I can’t tell you how pleased I was to dump 2020-2021 into the bin! I normally keep my diaries but there were so few entries I decided to just bin it. Nothing to remember! There is nothing quite as exciting as writing on the first page of a new diary. I’ve actually filled in a few events but have to admit to still using pencil ….. just in case!
    🩺🔬💉 Yesterday I started listening to an audio book (better than reading in this instance) talking about our ‘set point’ weight and leptin. WOW! really a revelation!!
    🥗🥑🍓Have had a couple of meals out recently …. loving some semblance of ‘normality’….. but will probably still be quite cautious after the 19th when restaurant tables will probably be packed tightly against each other again!
    Hoping everyone is well.
    Good to be feeling ‘positive’ again!
    Take care x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY and VERANO ( waves!)and all xxx
    *~ V talking of yr new diary,I’ve just today started a new notebook to celebrate and record every step of the latest challenge I’ve joined..Advancing into Autumn/Stepping into Spring! Not sure how long it is til autumn,but hoping for some big big changes by then! I’m in the Zone!🥰
    *~ Saw photos of the new baby girl on the block today! She’s a sweety pie!
    *~ Good day food wise..fasted then had scrambled eggs and broccoli! Now I just need to do similar every day😀
    *~ Keeping in mind a new mantra..My food is for nourishment,I get my treats in other ways!
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Have a positive and fun filled week everyone ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, how lovely to see you posting here again. ‘Set point’ is something I think I need to investigate,as I seem to be ‘stuck’ at the wrong place at present. Any advice appreciated🙂. Sorry your last diary proved to be a disappointing exercise, but I’m sure having the new one will prove inspirational.

Okay, let’s see what positives I can find for today ….
    👍🏻 on a whim we went out and bought tiles to refresh the look of the living room hearth. The ones we chose were in the sale, so a good bargain to boot.
    🌹I know it’s boring to read it again, but I had a lovely session deadheading roses and tidying planters … gardening is balm to my soul.
    It’s been a peaceful and pleasant day, no huge ups or downs, nothing very exceptional, but actually very happy for that to be so.
    Please do post a positive…. just one will do🙂.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps VERANO I meant to add..I have a five year diary on the go..up to year 3 at the moment .Very little in the section for 2020 and ditto for most of this year too. I have to look back on 2019 to see any Happenings! 😀🙄

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Sunny. This is a link to one of the set point theories.
    https://www.healthline.com/health/set-point-theory
    The audio book I’m listening to is by Dr Andrew Jenkinson ( a bariatric surgeon) ‘Why We Eat (Too Much)’. It’s quite ‘intense’ and I haven’t got to the bit where we find out about how to change your ‘set point’ yet.Will let you know when I do! My guess is that you are probably at yours or below it which is why maybe you can’t loss those pesky few pounds. You might ‘want’ to reach a certain number on the scales but your body might be ‘fighting’ to keep you at your ‘set point’. Who knows? It’s all just another ‘theory’.

Yowzer….. full admiration for you …. 5 year diary! I use my diary mainly for appointments/outings etc. but maybe I’ll use this new one as a ‘journal’ as well. Think it’s best that we all draw a line under the last 18 months!

While I’m here my one and only huge positive for today …….
    😀😀🎈🎈Today is my 5th anniversary of following BSD🥂🥂🎈🎈
    I can’t believe I’ve been following this WOL for so long and even more unbelievable is the fact that I actually enjoy this ‘healthy way of eating’. I can’t imagine going back to eating high carb or highly processed foods. The good news is I’ve maintained a 10% weight loss and my blood glucose has been in the ‘normal’ range for over 4 years!
    This is ‘success’ in my eyes. I think sometimes we are too hard on ourselves in our quest to be ‘perfect’. We should pat ourselves on the back occasionally and recognise our ‘achievements’. We are all winners!
    Have a good day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.