Hiiiii folks,hope everyone is ok. Not much news here,but a few simple positives…
*~ Saw DD today,her on her doorstep,me down the path. We had a chat and a laugh. Ziggy the cat kept coming in and out,he loves the front door being open. He made me giggle pouncing on some leaves. Think he thought it was a mouse,then he felt silly when it wasnt,and ran indoors all floofed up.
*~ I dreamt I was eating crisps last night. None of the cals and carbs but all the enjoyment 😀😀😀
A new week about to start,lets hope it brings us all lots of good times xxxxx
“ Happiness isnt about getting what you want all the time. Its about loving what you have,and being grateful for it”
We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.
Hiiiii folks,hope everyone is ok. Not much news here,but a few simple positives…
It’s the beginning of another week and also, officially, it’s spring.
We have been having a Saturday meet-up with friends on FaceTime over the past months and next week we are able to arrange to see each other in the garden! It will be lovely to actually see them in the flesh.
Lots of positives coming up as we slowly start to get back to a little more normality. X B
Yay its sprrrrrring!!!!!
‘ Spring has sprung,the grass has rizz
I wonder where the birdies izz ………’
*~Hi BusyBee,good to see you x We got through those nasty cold months and at last Spring is officially here!
*~ Start of a fresh new week that ends with the clocks going forward ( mad dance of joyfulness)
*~ Feeling tippety top and in the zone 🌻❤️🌻❤️🌻❤️🌻❤️🌻❤️🌻❤️🌻❤️🌻
Happy Monday Positive People 🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
I’m feeling the spring positivity as well! Funny the wee things which make us notice it and how much our wellbeing feels like ti improves.
Positives for monday:
– productive weekend in the sunshine, bathed and trimmed one horse who now looks pretty respectable; ran a lot, started some ground work for a wee horse off-roading training plan involving a week bank!
– been to the chiropractor this morning, hips and pelvis beginning to feel a bit better. Running sure brings out the sore bits and underlying issues!
– Daffodils are nearly ready to burst into yellowy greatness…..excited!
– Horse with a sore eye is showing some good improvement – its been a slow healer!
Have a good week positive peeps!
A couple of positives from me:
– good, productive outdoors work this weekend, but I overdid it a bit yesterday and now feel broken
– vaccine 1 today, feeling apprehensive though, and know I shouldn’t be
– beautiful bright Spring day today
Have a good week everyone!
Firstly, apologies for bring absent for a few days. Was rather under the weather over the weekend, but pleased to say that’s been shaken off.
Yowser, your cal and carb free crisp eating made me smile!
Busy, how lovely to have plans to see friends in person again. Having something good to look forward to makes such a difference.
Julz, glad your chiropractor treatments are paying off, hope you’ll be fully fit again soon.
Ruby, hope your vaccination went okay and that you don’t have side effects to battle with.
Okay, well let’s see what positives I can report …..
🏡 heard from my friend in India today, that he has managed to lease out his property for three years. This is good news, as his business has suffered badly due to covid and this will give him an income again.
🍸 date night main course was especially good … even if I say so myself! Quite a bit of faffing to prep, but so worth it. Definitely one to make again.
🌞 sunny day and despite a frosty start, it was warm enough to open the top of the kitchen stable door this afternoon.
💉 2nd covid jab booked for early May.
📱 lovely phone chat with youngest granddaughter… so nice to catch up with her news.
That’s enough from me I think. Remember to actively watch for those positives and if you can spare a couple of minutes, we’d love to read about them, so please do post.
Hi all, I hope it’s ok if I poke my face in every now and then?
My positives for today
1. After a really pants weekend and feeling down in the dumps yesterday I’ve been spurred on by some of the lovely people on here to carry on
2. My spray paint arrived early so I can finish up cycling my rescued garden chairs today and put my toucan cushions on them!!
3. I’m writing a lecture on medical law today which although is super nerdy, is a great interest of mine so I can at least enjoy working from my spare room today!
4. I THINK we’ve FINALLY killed the fleas my poor little fluffy cat has been plagued with for months, she barely goes out but her sister is an intrepid explorer who is somewhat stupid (very stupid) and I suspect she made friends with a hedgehog last summer (it wouldn’t have been another cat, she’s terrified of her own shadow) and brought them back to the house. Mabel (the intrepid explorer) has recovered fairly well but my poor little ratbag Elsie (she is so grumpy) has just been plagued and nothing we’ve done has helped, and she really doesn’t like being petted much and pulled about and combed so it’s been torture for her, but we’ve changed the medication after a chat with the vet and had an entire day and night now with no scratching so hopefully the poor little sausage is on the mend now!!
FLORO I loved reading about Mabel and Elsie!
SUNNY Im so glad to hear you have yr second jab booked
RUBY rest and recover from overdoing things,hope jab went well y’day
WINDY you sound so busy,I feel so lazy in comparison! Hope your horse’s eye improves more and more
*~ First anniversary today of going into lockdown in the UK. Not a positive in itself, but how wonderful are all those who kept, and still keep,the country running. The hospitals and care homes,the postmen,delivery drivers,public transport drivers,supermarket workers,vets and animal welfare workers,cleaners… the list goes on and on. They must be recognised and rewarded at some point for all that we owe to them.👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
*~ Went for a drive yesterday. Great to glimpse the big old world again. Ended up down by the river watching all the happy dogs bounding around having fun. It was a sunny afternoon too which helped.
*~ Just about to order my repeat prescription. Very grateful for it and for the fact I get seven items every month at no expense to myself.
Have a good day folks!
“ Every second is a chance to turn your life around” 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Oh lauren, I’m almost as excited about your cushions as you are! Love some random print accessories!! Poor fluffy cat though, thats stressful, fingers crossed she’s fixed up. Must go flea / tick / worm my 2…. they are adventurers and will need it any minute now! PS – medical law sounds really interesting (i did law at uni and miss some of the academic geek stuff!)
– its not monday – i seem to struggle with mondays, always feel a bit flat, think its monotony of WFH etc. But its Tuesday and im infinitely better!
– nice hack in evening sunshine last night with my nearly fully rehabbed horse – whoop.
– first daffodils are now yellow and bight and happy….. symbolises a year of getting my act together and trying to ‘be more daffodil!’ Might have to go get my daffy necklace on to celebrate!
Positives from me today:
– the sun is shining and all the plants and herbs I planted on the weekend are settling in nicely
– I had my vaccine yesterday, but just before 1am the side-effects kicked in and this morning I felt rough
– I am starting to come out of the side-effects hangover and feel capable of functioning again today
Yowzer I have so many stories of Mabel and Elsie, I’ve often thought about doing a blog about them or a book. They were rescues at 13 weeks old and essentially feral when I got them, they are 6 now and whilst still very very wary of other people, love me and my fiance. Mabel in particular was so so nervy until about 4 years ago when I met my other half and graaaaadually she learned to tolerate him and now it’s like their own personal little love affair! Elsie is very much my cat, but she gets all soppy with Craig for about ten minutes at 11 o clock at night – like clockwork!! Mabel is so funny – I’m pretty sure she isn’t ACTUALLY a cat – she goes through definite cycles of ‘dog’ and ‘parrot’ and ‘duck’ but rarely actual ‘cat’. She also loves vegetables, to be fair she loves all food, but a notable example – recently had some chicken defrosting on the counter and I’d prepared all the veg for the stir fry we were having for dinner. I shut the kitchen door (completely pointless exercise because Elsie discovered at age 2 if she just throws herself bodily at the door it eventually opens), Elsie busted in and went straight for the butter (not the chicken). Mabel? Ran off with the RAW tenderstem broccoli and came running into the living room yowling like she’d found a top prize and proceeded to gnosh it crunchily all over the floor. Of course Elsie is the cat who once, when outside on one of her rare jaunts, started yelling at the top of her little lungs from a few gardens away with the classic “I’ve found a prize mummy” yowl – I sit with dread waiting for her to bring it to me. She appears, tail all bushy and all happily singing and deposits a prize at my feet. People, it was an empty snail shell. Mabel brings home slugs or giant caterpillars sometimes and the occasional moth (she brought a hawk moth into the house once alive and I’m PETRIFIED of moths, this thing was like a baby bird, I just left the room and went upstairs and hid till my fiance got home!) but fortunately neither have the intelligence to bring anything more than that!
Julz my cushions are so beautiful, we had a book when we were children I think called Toucan Sam – it was about a toucan who carried two can’s of paint and then he fell one day and the paint went everywhere and he got a bright bill, and it’s how he got named a toucan! These cushions just reminded me of that so much! My house is, shall we say, eclectic in design. I have a family of toy sloths going up my stairs, and random Yoda’s everywhere, as well as a bathmat featuring a sloth riding a llama, and loads of bright tropical flowers and cherry blossom prints all over the place. My kitchen is all bright colours but deliberately not matching so I have a blue kettle and a red microwave and rainbow coloured knives and spoons etc. I love it, but when Craig moved in from his parents (who have more normal decorating taste) he must have thought whoa!
Ruby sorry you are feeling poorly, my mum is exactly the same, she had her first jab yesterday and felt fine till the early morning and has had to call in sick to work as she feels so unwell today. Worth it though I guess! Rest up!
PS Julz I LOVE IT!! I ‘collect’ qualifications and currently have a BSc in Molecular Medicine, and MPhil in Immunology, DipHE in Operating Department Practice, PGCert in Medical and Healthcare Education and my most recent was an LLM Medical Ethics and Law which I completed last year – this is what I will eventually do my PhD on if I ever get round to it! So interesting, I did my dissertation on the guidance surrounding withdrawal of care from seriously or terminally ill children and it was fascinating to see where the huge gaps are between the law and the medical guidelines – it’s easy to see how families just do not understand what is happening! The lecture I’m writing today is for my ODP students so it’s all legal concepts relating to the surgical environment so lots to get stuck into.
Hi florob, Im another collector of qualifications. Probably comes from my mum making me leave school before my GCSE’s. So at the age of 22 I passed my nurses entrance exam in Australia, then my nurse training (used to be SRN in UK). Since then I have done a degree in social sciences and psychology with the Open University – took me 6 years. I have loads of language certificates, GCSE’s French, Polish, Italian and Spanish. More recently I have done around 8 courses on Nutrition and specifically on diabetes. Also 4 more psychology courses, 3 Covid courses, all with FutureLearn which I could have continued to certificate or diploma status but couldnt see the point – it was just a payment issue, and still studying French. I dont know what I would do with myself if I wasnt studying something. I just keep on keeping on…
Learning is great isn’t it sunshinegirl! I’m starting to get itchy feet at the mo as I haven’t been studying for a while now – looking for the next thing!
Oh wow, fascinating looking at the qualifications, I fairly like a certificate as well. Hahaha. LLB law degree plus post grad diploma (never practiced law though – my bad) went in to H&S and have certification and diploma on that along with enviro certificate, a management and leadership ticket, technical certs in fire, vibration, substances, audit…… however i’m done, I like a course but the days of having exams hanging over me are done. Last thing to complete is chartership (I dont really need it but i want to get there) thats a portfolio type thing and i really need to get it underway again.
Florob your set of quals look really interesting, medical ethics is something i’d be big into too. Touched on it at uni but not in depth. Did do a forensic block at uni too, that was really good, the lecturer was formidable but excellent!
Sunshine I am envious of the languages, top skills to have, my pigeon-german from school is nothing to behold! We have a number of Polish guys at work and I’m pretty sure they will only teach me bad words! Hahaha. Would be nice to know what they are saying when i ask a question expecting a 3 word answer and they respond for 2 minutes and then im told the said “yes”. 🙂
– sun is still shining – whoop
– 2 x very well behaved horses last night when riding, made a breakthrough with the troublesome re-habbing horse so his future is looking a little brighter!
– just googled Toucan Sam, that made me smile. Lauren your house must be spectacular!! (Sloths and Yodas – hahaha, awesome!)
– despite a moments rage at work, actually had a better than expected day yesterday!
Need to channel the inner positives and get a bit more peacefully into the 800 way of life again.
Sunshinegirl I’m envious of the languages too! I used to work with a lot of Filipinx people and they spoke Tagalog, half the time I had no idea what was going on round me but they were all lovely so it was fine!
Julz I looked up Toucan Sam – I was wrong, apparently he is a cereal mascot in the US! The book was called Twocan Toucan – he was an all black toucan in the jungle and didn’t have a name and all the other animals teased him so he moved to the city to get a job – he got a job carrying cans of paint two at a time, then the rest was history and when he fell over and got his bright bill he got called a “twocan” and he had a name! Same author who wrote Elmer the Patchwork Elephant!
My positives for today…..
Um it’s Wednesday??? That means it’s closer to the weekend coming than Tuesday
Sun is still shining
My veg seeds have all arrived, I’m late planting them this year as we’re off on holiday in two weeks so everything would die but it’s something to look forward to soon
I’ve managed to put make up on for some Zoom interviews today (new students) – this is a positive believe me, I’ve had barely any sleep all week and I look and feel half dead!
You should try FutureLearn.com. They do courses on everything you could ask for, you just type in your interests and they send you a list or you can just browse. Almost all the courses are free, take around 2 to 3 hours a week and last between 3 to 8 weeks. You can pay to get a certificate but I just dont. Costs about £50 and not worth it for me.
Guess I had better do some positives as I am here.
That is my first, just being here on this site with so many like minded lovely people.
My second is mega enthusiastic to be starting a new diet plan with a new goal.
Next, the sun is shining and the weather is getting up into the high teens over the next few days. Might encourange me to get walking again.
Good day everyone! 🌻🌻🌻🌻 hope everyones feeling hunky dory x
.*~ DD is usually on her way to work now ..but has just been told to go on skype instead! Im so pleased,dont like to think of her sitting on the train
*~ Think from next Monday, can go in DDs garden again!woooohoooooo!
*~ Just walked past DDs house and her lovely cat,my grandson,was staring down from the study window. He ran downstairs when I called him,and DD opened the front door so he could greet his Nanna.
🐿🌷🐿🌷Just read this…
Popcorn is prepared all in the same pot,the same heat,the same oil,but they dont all pop at the same time. So,remember this,don’t compare yourself to others,your time to pop is coming! 🐿🌸🐿🌸 xx
Positives from me at the end of the day:
– beautiful pink and moody sky after squalls all afternoon
– the rain is much welcomed by the herbs and bulbs I planted on Sunday
– I am feeling much better from my vaccine side-effects – to be honest they lasted about 12 hours from onset, and while my arm is still tender, I don’t spend all day poking my arm, so it’s not a problem
– I plan to swing by the forest on the way home from the farm shop tomorrow afternoon to forage for some wild garlic (it was starting to come through when I last went by about 3 weeks ago)
Ruby where do you live?? It always sounds like you’re on the doorstep of some magical countryside, all the venison etc you eat and the foraging!
My positive for today, I tried kefir (I bought four tiny bottles so if it was gross I wasn’t wasting it) and it was actually ok!
Also one of my students came to speak to me in a drop in today and told me they all love me and are glad I’m their lecturer so that was nice
Glad you didn’t hate the kefir (did you get water kefir or milk kefir?) and excellent feedback from your student!
I live near a large National Trust Estate and even though I’ve lived here for >15 years, I’ve only found a wild garlic patch in the last 2 years, as no one shares their foraging secrets. The other upside of the forest is the large herd of fallow deer, so I get venison from our local butcher.
In fact, we are very lucky to be surrounded by amazing small producers here, in that all our meat and eggs come from farms within a 10 mile radius, and I know all the producers by name and face from the farmer’s market or farm shops. I guess that is my positive for today.
Hi friends. RUBY,glad youre ok now x swinging by the forest sounds like bliss!
*~ just had a walk to the chemists to pick up my prescription. Nice sunny breezy day ☀️
*~ Saw a neighbour who has not long lost her little dog. Her new granddaughter came into the world last night! Lovely to see neighbour smiling again and a spring in her step!
*~ lost a little weight this week and feel better for it. Not dragging quite such a large backside after me this week! 😁
Have got that nice feeling of when tops get longer?
Happy weekend everyone!yes its rolled round again! X
Ruby it sounds idyllic where you live! I tried milk kefir and have been spurred to buy some grains and bottles to try and make my own – my partner didn’t much like the wind it produced last night though 😂😂
My positives today,
1. I’m now on annual leave for ten days, oh my goodness it couldn’t come quickly enough
2. I am beginning to feel confident offering newbies advice on here following all the advice I’ve been given!
3. My new felting book arrived today so I’ve got a weekend of crafting ahead of me!
Hi folks, have been having a bit if a tech detox, so have read occasionally, the email notifications from the forum, but not posted for a few days. Thought it was time to touch base again though.
Lauren, enjoy your time off. You definitely have a handle on this WOE, so are well placed to offer advice and support to newcomers.
Yowser, your ‘backside’ comment made me smile. Your positives posts are always so vibrantly upbeat.
Ruby, sounds like you live in a really lovely location.
So, better post some positives while I’m here 😀 ….
👍🏻 my friend in India finally caught a break and has been able to lease out his property for 3yrs, relieving his immediate financial issues.
🍸 another lovely date night with OH on Friday.
🏵 we’re promised good weather for the next two days, so I’m planning some serious gardening time.
🙋♀️ good distanced doorstep chat with daughter this afternoon, when I popped round to drop off Easter eggs.
Think that will do for now. Hope you’ve all had a good weekend and found plenty of positives too. Don’t forget to tell us about them please.
Hi everyone. SUNNY a techy detox now and again can only be good!
LAUREN,enjoy your leave!
My positives for a stormy Sunday here..
*~ It may be stormy but I dont care… the nights will get longer and longer now! Yipppppeee!!!!!!
*~ Am excited about going in DDs garden when the weather allows. Also excited about the approach of Easter and the thought of some chocolate treats!🥰😘😋
* ~ Have watched three films over the last 24 hours,height of laziness really!!! 😄 Very good value,unlimited films for £4.99 a month ( BFI)
Keep smiling,folks,and for those in Uk,the long winter months are behind us now! Have a fab week and make ready for the Easter Bunny! 🐰🐥🌸🐰🐥🌸🐰🐥🌸🐰🐥🌸🐰🐥🌸🐰🐥🌸🐰🐥🌸🐰🐥🌸🐰🐥🌸🐰🐥🌸🐰🐥🌸
Thought I’d get in with some positives, as overall, it’s been a good day.
Yowser, like you, I’m excited about the prospect of being able to see family and friends again …. nothing planned yet, but sure there will be before too long.
So, to my positives ……
🚗 this morning the brakes failed one of our cars …. the big positive here, is OH was able to safely deal with the situation and managed to limp the car home, without further incident. …. Not so positive, fixing the brakes is yet another job for OH to do.
🌞 although the day started grey and chilly, by lunchtime we had the promised sun and warmth, which meant I was able to spend some time gardening.
🌹one rose repotted into a nice big container (which took some effort to empty out, as previous occupier had left behind a lot of root) and baby fuschias potted up so they can grow on before getting final homes.
Being able to garden again was balm to my soul … more tomorrow is hope!
Have a lovely evening and if your day brought any positives your way, please tell us about them.
At last I was able to meet up with two friends yesterday. We took a takeaway coffee to a small park and chatted about everything and nothing.
We intend to enjoy the two day mini heat wave and it’s lovely to see the big blue sky and feel the warm of the sun.
Hello positive friends. A few from me today……
– the clock have changed, ah the gift of increased evening daylight! Hoping it helps us get out walking more regularly!
– i ran a half marathon (21.1k) with friends on Sunday. Yes the running was an achievement but also the fact 5 of us completed it together, and could legally run together….well i think we could…well we did anyway! And my social anxiety coped – id forgotten how stressful i find organising a group of people! haha. Good problem to have.
– a wee holiday from work booked and approved for week of 26th April – be nice weather gods!
– lambs, daffodils, pretty things, dramatic skies, smells of spring – taking time to take it all in!
That’ll do for just now. 🙂
Hi BUSY 🐝lovely to hear about your meet up! Doing a little happy dance for you 🥰 and looking forward to an outing to the park myself at the weekend 🌻🌷🌻🌷🌻🌷
WINDY! You put it so well..” lambs, daffodils, pretty things, dramatic skies, smells of spring ”…yes everybody,take time to take it all in ..no wonder theres a saying “ Full of the joys of spring”..its so true 🐥🐰
SUNNY you described it so well too..” Being able to garden again was balm to my soul”
I love this little verse by Dorothy Frances Gurney…
“The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds for mirth, One is nearer God’s Heart in a garden Than anywhere else on earth.”
Have a terrific tuesday folks 🥳 xxx
I’m having a rough week so just the one positive for me today, although I’m counting the fact that I can see a positive as a second!
My little cat Mabel, intrepid (stupid) explorer, previously virtually feral, terrified of all things except my fiancé, is currently curled on a blanket at the foot of the bed three inches from my feet and Craig is still downstairs. It’s only taken 6 years, and I’m pretty sure it’s the warmth she is after and the fact that happens to be next to me is coincidental, but we’re finally getting there!!
Hi everyone yayyyyyy its April !!!! 🌸🌻🌸🌻 woohooooo! And its Thursday again,Im convinced theres about three Thurdays in a week nowadays,seems to be Thursday most of the time!
LAUREN sorry youre having a rough week,but thats lovely news about Mabel❤️
Bit early yet for positives today,but Ive been out to feed the birds and they’re singing their heads off.
Positives from earlier in the week..been in DDs garden for bubbly and laughter,plus pusscat was rubbing his head against my legs as if he was happy to have his Nanna in his garden again.xx
Glad you have now met up with your family (and cat) Yowzer and wasn’t it so lovely to have a two day summer to enjoy the visit?
It will be a quiet weekend for us as we still can’t see our family but we will be able to meet up with more friends over the next few weeks.
It’s so cold after the lovely warm sunshine but the birds are still singing and the trees and plants are blooming so all is well.
Good morning/evening everyone and I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Easter holiday.
I (and my innards!) am more than ready to get back on track after eating far too much of the white poison and dark chocolate!
Although it’s bitterly cold here, it’s bright and sunny so we’re off for a brisk walk.
Like many others, I am raring to get back on track, showed a small gain week-on-week from last Tuesday, alcohol and a small amount of carbs passed my lips, but back in the zone this morning.
– the sun is shining 🙂 it is freezing but crisp and clear
– back into the weekly routine, no excuses
– plan to re-start some regular exercise again this month – I need the strength and fitness
Have a good week everyone.
Hi everyone,happy Tuesday. BUSYBEE and RUBY,Im with you both,more than ready to get a grip! Like you said RUBY,no excuses!
A good day for me today..
*~ Appt for jab 2 next week
*~ Appt for haircut appt for next week
*~ Had a lovely Easter 😋
V grateful for all that and everything else 🙏🙏🙏xx
First positive – I’m joining in the “I’ve over done it but I’m ready to get a grip” club!! Whoop
Nice to see your positives! keep em coming!
– managed another week of running 30k last week including a 05:30 10k on Thursday last week which i hope to do again this week.
– I’m getting covid jab tomorrow – turns out I’m eligible as i live with my elderly father! Whoop! Hope it doesn’t make me feel rubbish and ruin my Thursday morning running plan.
– even though we have snow….its not going to bring me down! I WILL be more daffodil and weather the weather with a bright and yellowy outlook!
– horsey related things look like they will pick up and I now have a competition to aim for at the end of May, here is my motivation for 8 weeks on plan!!
– I met a new friend (friend of friends) who is going to come and ride a horse….she mentioned hearing about an 800 cal diet thing but she was scared to look into it…..i’ve supported her and she started today!! this is also super motivational as i cant be all supportive and self-righteous (tongue-in-cheek) but not follow through myself! So i got this!
So good to see lots of great positives being posted.
Yowser, having those appointments is something great to look forward to.
Ruby, I’ve been like you over Easter and am now ready to get back on track.
Julz, you sound super focused and really fired up … all power to you! I know you’ll do a great job at supporting your new starter on the BSD.
Feel quite guilt for not having been here for awhile, but happy to post some positives today.
🌹received some really beautiful spring flowers from DD for easter. They are all flowering nicely now and perfuming the living room.
🐑 visited friends at their farm yesterday and had the privileged of feeding an orphaned lamb🙂
👩🌾 despite less good weather over the weekend, did manage to get a little gardening done.
🙋♀️ saw two grandchildren on Friday …. first time on months ….. both much taller than me now!
Will post more regularly again, now that my tecent little break is done with. Hope that everyone else will continue to post regularly too …. we all need more positives 😀
I love reading everyone’s positives,even though I don’t post many myself🙂
But here are some positives after one day of less carbs and cals and not eating after 6.30pm:
Had a solid 8 hours sleep,bliss😴
Waist 1 inch less bloated than yesterday
Both are a reminder to myself of why this woe works for me!
Lovely and sunny here this morning,I’m hoping the snow/hail stays away today❄️
Dawn, glad your return to this WOE is already paying dividends. Good sleep and less bloating are excellent NSV.
Okay, let’s see what positives I can dredge up for today ….
🧘♀️ really good meditation session …. some how managed to completely drop into the zone.
🥘 date night dinner all planned and shopped for … just got a little prep to do tomorrow.
🌞 had some sun today …. damn cold though!
That’s it for this time. Stay positive everyone … and remember, we love to read about your positives, so please do post one or two.
Bit of a meh day today BUT I did invent a new coleslaw (well I mean I can’t claim nobody else ever thought of it before but it was an invention for me!) PLUS it uses broccoli stems which I think are criminally underrated.
Broccoli stem from one head – raw, shredded, grated or peeled into ribbons (it’s super crunchy raw so you could blanch and cool, or use the florets blanched) (100g)
1 spring onion (scallion) finely sliced
5 Brussels sprouts, raw, shredded (or finely sliced but I have a shredder blade on my food processor) (50g)
2 tbspn full fat Greek yoghurt (30g)
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
2 tbspn lemon juice (or could use any other acid, I just had a lemon that needed using
Pinch of sea salt
5 walnut halves roughly chopped
Stir it all together and leave for about ten mins.
Whole recipe is 10g fat, 9.9g carbs, 8g protein and 168cal
Made 2 portions as a side, or one as a “salad”
WINDY hope you feel ok today,post jab? X
SUNNYB the orphaned lamb! 💚And the grandkids taller than you!💛
Great start DAWN,keep going!👏🏽👏🏽 Like Sunny said,excellent NSV!
Thanks for the recipe LAUREN X
Well its Thursday yet again and my positives are…..!
*~ Lovely dog was with a visitor here today ( outdoors) Was so happy and ready to be friends and play. Really gave me a lift in spirits to meet him.🐶
*~ AND in more doggie news,my niece sent me lovely little videos of her elderly Jack Russell going out in his new pram. He was really enjoying himself,wrapped up warm and looking all around him as he was pushed along! And now he has little steps to help him get on the sofa and onto the bed,bless him.
*~ Received a magnetic jotter in the post. Pretty and useful. On the fridge now to keep daily track of carbs n cals. Think it will be really useful.
*~ I read this today and like it a lot..
“~ May I quiet my words and listen
May I calm my thoughts and be
May I soften my heart and open
May I still my soul and receive ~ “
(Mary Davis) 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷
So my positives for today
1. It’s only four sleeps till I go to a treehouse for a week! And only one more working day so really it’s only one day.
2. Cat sitter is coming tomorrow to pick up the key, and he is called Catmando which I just think is genius and funny
3. Wedding shoes number 862 have arrived AND they fit. It’s been such a saga for my wedding shoes (wedding in general really) but basically I bought a beautiful pair of low heel vintage shoes in blue leather when I first got engaged two years ago and they were so gorgeous, and had a pattern on them that EXACTLY matches my wedding ring (fan shape of marquise diamonds). BUT I also tripped over an ants leg three years ago and completely screwed up my ankle, even now after extensive physio and surgery on it it’s you know, not good (I have arthritis in it at the ripe old age of 35!) SO although it broke my heart, I had to send the beautiful shoes back 😭
Then I looked high and low for another pair with a slightly lower and more stable heel. The company I got my original ones from didn’t have any suitable but eventually I found a pair of ivory satin ones which were pretty and looked better heel wise. BUT they also no good with ankle so bit the bullet and started looking for flats. Finally found a pair of flats that weren’t completely ugly Ordered them, fine. BUT two weeks ago I got an email from the company I bought the ORIGINAL pair from saying they had started doing flats!!!!!!!!! So now I have a pair of ivory leather flats with the fan pattern that I loved and matched my ring and the vintage style of all my other wedding stuff soooooo all is good!!
Anyway enough waffling about shoes
I love your quote Yowzer and it strangely made me take a long deep breath.
I’m glad you’ve managed to find some lovely, but comfy wedding shoes Lauren – over the years I’ve forced my poor feet into shoes that didn’t fit and now I spend a lot of time (and money!) to find shoes which fit, are comfortable and don’t look too old fashioned! (Though I am 74 I think I’m 54!)
More positives for me too – I’m meeting up with two sets of friends next week and have a hair appointment booked!! All I need now is the date for my second jab and the diary will look quite full.
Thanks Sunny and Yowser,sorry haven’t got round to reading posts again until today.Dawn X
Lauren, like the sound of your recipe, will give that a whirl. Also like the Catmando … made me smile🙂. Glad you’ve settled on wedding shoes you really love after all that hassle.
Yowser, great quote, thanks for sharing.
Busy, you’re not alone in wanting to feel and look good in what you wear …. doesn’t matter how old you are. Sounds like you’re in for a fun if busy week next week … enjoy!
Positives from my little corner ….
🙂 more than half way through blacking the metal spindles, ready for installation on the new staircase.
🛏 put clean sheets on the bed today …. looking forward to climbing into them tonight.
📞 all online gifts purchased for Mum and Dad’s anniversary today and Dad’s birthday tomorrow arrived with them safely. Lovely chat with them today to wish them well.
🌸 more summer bulbs arrived today, ready for a good planting session!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone…. look out for those positives and come tell us about them.
Enjoy that fresh bed SUNNY,nothing nicer..and Happy Anniversary and Birthday to the Senior Sunnys! 🥰
Oooh a treehouse,how exciting LAUREN! X
I have shoe issues too….so hard to find suitable ones. Glad youve ended up with beauties for yr wedding but sad youve arthritis. I have arthritis in my feet and plantar fascitis and one foot slightly bigger than the other. 😀
Plus very swollen ankles and knees due to lymphoedema which all adds up to me wearing trousers and flats constantly. As Mother of the Bride a few years ago I had such trouble finding a nice outfit and wearable flats. Ended up with lovely jacket and matching long skirt,and comfy but quite glam flat strappy sandals. As Im five two and dumpy, and as the skirt had to be long enough to be sure to cover my ugly ankles, I cdnt really do the lovely ensemble justice..I looked like I was floating round on castors as my feet could hardly be seen 🙄🙄 and had a rather tent like silhouette…*sigh*
Anyway gone on for long enough so won’t post positives..just a thought for the weekend
“ If you are more fortunate than others,build a longer table not a taller fence” 💕💛💚💕
Haha Yowser my major problem is I’m an absolute clutz (doofwomble puffinbear as Craig calls me) and fall over nothing resulting in injuries…..but I also love shoes. I have several pairs of gorgeous shoes in really bright colours that are too high for me to ever wear again but I can’t bring myself to sell them because they are so pretty!
My positive for today is that I had a dream of a crafting project which actually seems possible – I dreamed of making a wet felt background of moody skies around Mount Fuji with a needle felted cherry blossom tree in the foreground. I reckon I can actually do it so I think I’ll start when I’m back from my holiday!
Oh gosh LAUREN, i think we’re twins ..I fall over all the time. Ive fractured both wrists twice each,and one time fell onto my chin and had a massively bruised jaw. Ive even fallen off the pavement into the main road,and every time,Im sober. Ive even pulled my Beau over with me two or three times. I too fall over nothing. Its just my balance and co ordination is very poor.
Night night everyone and good day to our friends in Oz xxxx
Time for positives, having been AWOL over the weekend.
🙂 productive weekend, polishing metal staircase spindles with blacking, which OH started to install …. they look great!
🌸 lilac in the front garden is just beginning to bloom … another day or two and it should be quite a show.
👩👧youngest granddaughter and ex-DIL visiting tomorrow … soooooo excited! Planning to visit the woods, to see if the bluebells are out yet.
Hope you are finding some positives too and might take a moment to tell us about them 🙂
Aw Sunny I hope you have a lovely day with granddaughter seeking out the bluebells!!
I have some Tuesday morning positiives……
– I made it through day 3 on plan – i’ve been failing at day three for weeks!!
– New fridge freezer arrived yesterday, old one is 18 years old and was emitting a scary amount of heat from the internal light! I’ve gone to work today with the hope OH has new fridge up and running by this evening! We did a great job of eating down all the food – it probably helped my Day 3 issues as there was nothing to snack on!
– oh I discovered a new butcher on Saturday, they were very helpful, sorted me out with a lovely piece of lamb for Saturday night and i went a bit crazy with the meat shopping. So have some very nice mince to make burgers this evening!
– horse stuff – good news on one horse front, he’s ready to start again and see if he will cope with some work (it was in doubt) other horse who has be rehabbing is still lame, sadly its time to give up as we’ve spent 5 years trying to sort him and he’s still unhappy in work. He will have a short retirement and we will call it time before winter. Although its devastating, there is a sense of relief as i have known hes unhappy and its made it very difficult to keep trying to get him right. My vet has been magic.
– Sun is out and with a bit of luck we might get toward some warmer temperatures – its been so cold! Also means a chance to get going on the garden again, and Ive been donated some new plants! exciting.