Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Yowzer, I quite like Hunny for dear Hubby- he’s always been a lovely, funny and much loved man and occasionally I see the person he used to be.
    I had a long chat with an old friend and we were planning when eventually we’ll be able to meet up. It was nice to at least be able talk about it though it won’t happen until May.
    I’m planning meatballs tonight with pasta for Hubby, cauliflower rice for me and the soy and sesame stir fried veg from the fast 800 recipe book – a new tasty favourite.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Morning BUSYBEE i thought you might like Hunny,thats why I left it 💕
    Hi positive thinkers!
    My positives..
    *~ Lovely big bright moon last night and a clear sky full of stars! This moon’s called the Snow moon and meant to herald spring!
    *~ DD only felt a but unwell for an hour after her jab,then she was ok
    *~ Received some lovely photos of the new baby with his big bro and sis!
    Take care guys and may Saturday be a day of happiness,peace and love 🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄

• posted by Busybee
    on

Three firsts for 2021
    We have started to sort out the garden sheds and have brought out the fountain and bbq. Too soon to use just yet but it gives us more space.
    Washing is out on the washing whirly gig thing (!!) and we are sitting in the warm sunshine enjoying a cup of tea.
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to see so many positives being posted. Like others, I’m thrilled to have seen the big bright thing in the sky today🌞. The moon was very impressive last night too of course.
    Positives from me today are ….
    💖 lovely date night with OH last evening, with plenty of dancing. Will definitely make the starter and main again, they were excellent.
    🔨 OH began prep work for installing a new staircase … dreading the mess, but will be so good to have it all done.
    😺 one of the neighbourhood cats was brave enough to let me stroke it today … normally he heads for the hills if you move towards him. Not sure what’s changed …. maybe he’s just got used to seeing me. Nice that he trusts me now though.
    Stay positive everyone … look out for those little pluses.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks welcome to another week!
    *~ At last! Jan and Feb are behind us! Dont want to wish my life away but they ‘re rather gloomy months weatherwise,so Im glad springs here now wooohooo! 5 weeks til the Easter bunny comes bearing gifts. You can choose carrot sticks or chocolate eggs!
    *~ Had a good sleep last night for first time in a while. Awful dreams but at least I was asleep!
    *~ Two young couples who live by me have announced theyre both expecting babies and our new baby Leo is doing well.
    Have a great week guys and look after yourselves xxx 🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄🌷🍄
    PS SUNNY I am in awe about the staircase. I have a friend who made one up to her attic. She said it was no different really to using a dressmaking pattern but as Im hopelessly impractical,I am in awe!!!!

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hi WindyJulz, one of my other favourite stir-fry combinations is either chicken or beef skirt with mushrooms and broccolli, sesame and soy – shiitake mushrooms work very well in this if you can get fresh ones.
    Positives from me today:
    – attended a virtual festival over the weekend
    – spent some time gardening, and planted some fruit trees brought from Aldi
    – spent some time sorting out shed and garage (still lots more to do there)

Today’s Action for Happiness from Mindful March:
    “Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness”.

Have a good week all!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh Yowser, would that I could say the staircase project was mine, but I haven’t a clue! I’m strictly, coffee and tea, fetching and carrying though, however OH is enjoying getting his teeth into it. Lovely baby news … little bringers of hope!
    Busybee, it’s great to get out in the garden again isn’t it? I like that quote from Mindful March, thanks for sharing.

Missed posting yesterday, as for some strange reason I was exceptionally tired and was in bed asleep by 8pm. Do have some positives to report nonetheless….
    🌞 longer days …. was still really light at gone 6pm this evening.
    🌷🌱 had a pleasant couple of hours gardening yesterday. So lovely to feel the warmth of sun on my back.
    🌸 have three hyacinths in bloom in the living room, the perfume is beautiful.
    🔨 the disruption of the DIY going on, has forced something of a sort out … binning of old docs, magazines and the like.
    Little things, but they are all blessings in their own way. Hope you are able to find some too.

• posted by RubyG
    on

My positives this morning:
    – I heard the geese going over and honking away this morning, we live near some large reservoirs so hearing the geese coming back heralds spring is on its way
    – the Robin was hopping its way around the plant pots on the patio this morning
    – I had a good, restful night’s sleep

“Notice five things that are beautiful in the world outside”

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Nice and early there eith your positives, Ruby. I always find I need to get to the end of the day, before finding positives. Geese heralding spring and a Robin too, wonderful 🙂. The looking for five beautiful things, is a similar exercise to seeking out three positives, an uplifting thing to do.

Okay, let’s see what positives I can find today …..
    🐦 not geese or robins, but now there are two pairs of blackbirds interested in the food I put out on the front wall each morning 🙂
    📞 nice chat on the phone with Mum this afternoon. Glad to say both she and Dad are still doing fine.
    🌸 managed to find temporary locations, for all the orchids needing to be moved out if the way of the DIY.
    📖 have been browsing through a culinary book called ‘Petal, Leaf and Seed’ and getting some unusual flavouring ideas to keep meals interesting. Things like, using fig leaves to wrap food before grilling or baking, which imparts a slight coconut flavour, or using tarragon instead of basil to make pesto. Adding herbs to oeuf en cocotte is another idea, which I intend to try out soon …. thought it would make a nice brunch dish.

Looking forward to my weekly trip to the supermarket tomorrow, to stock up for the week to come and for date night on Friday.

Hope you discovered some positives today … don’t forget to tell us about them please.

Quick call out to Verano ….. hope you’re okay and that we’ll see you back here again soon.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello! Lovely pozzys from RUBY and SUNNY today 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

My happy thoughts today…
    ~ Found the Michael Mosley programme that people have talked about! Watching it ! (adverts on right now)
    *~ Email today from our pal Verano. She’s happy and well,Sunny,just taking a little break for now. Come back soon V!
    *~ Nice surprise today,DD knocked with flowers. She had also picked up my prescription and got me two large bags of food for the birds.
    🌸🌷🌸🌷 “ Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world” ( Virgil A.Kraft) 🌸🌷🌸🌷

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the update on Verano, Yowser… glad she’s okay. Hopefully she’ll come back to us before too long. How lovely to receive some flowers … always a joy!

• posted by Busybee
    on

It’s grey and cold today after a long weekend of lovely sunshine, but I will tackle some indoor jobs which I’ve been putting off.
    I’m trying to vary our evening meal a little though eating smaller portions on a smaller plate
    It’s too early to note any more positives except I’m so pleased V is safe and well.
    X B

• posted by RubyG
    on

“Start today by appreciating your body and that you’re alive”

That’s quite apt as I am feeling carp today! My body is telling me it’s alive by aching and feeling very weak and feeble this morning. I could have quite easily stayed in bed today, but have a busy work calendar for the day.
    I will appreciate my body by feeding it good quality, healthy food today, in the appropriate quantities – started the day by tracking in MFP.

Have a good day everyone!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi my lovely friends!
    *~ RUBY G I love that quote,thats a great way to start your day every day with appreciation and gratitude 💕
    *~ Heard that Maidstone in Kent are trialling a new scheme where a littercam detects people throwing their litter out of their car window and fines them.So glad about this,litter droppers make me blood boil,grrrrr….
    *~ My neighbour’s taken in a cat rescued from Romania and he’s so adorable!!!!!! 😻😻😻
    This is very thought provoking…
    “ Beauty begins when you decide to be yourself”
    💕🌷💕🌷💕🌷💕🌷💕🌷💕🌷💕🌷💕🌷💕🌷

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Busybee, hope your indoor jobs went well.
    Ruby, hope you managed to shake off that ‘carp’ feeling to tackle your busy schedule.
    Yowser, very thought provoking thought! Still trying to digest that one.

Positives from my little corner….
    🛒 good supermarket visit, all stocked up for the coming week and most importantly, got everything for date night 💋
    🌷 summer bulbs I ordered arrived today, including some to send to Mum for mothers day.
    🌧 rained today, but actually I was quite pleased, as we’ve had a run of dry days and I’d been thinking I might need to water some of the plant containers.

Please come and tell us about your positives if you have a moment to spare 🙂

• posted by RubyG
    on

Morning all, I find when I’m struggling to find positives myself, looking at the Action for Happiness calendar gives me something to anchor to.
    So, in that vein, today’s Action for Happiness from Mindful March:
    “Notice how you speak to yourself. Try to use kind words.”
    That is really appropriate for us here.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Another positive has snuck in today – hubby has been invited for his vaccine, Tuesday next week.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ruby, love that quote and do appropriate … we are often our own harshest critics and much more judgemental with ourselves than with others. And let’s face it, we deserve kindness as much as anyone else. Glad your hubby has his jab appointment too Ruby.

My positives for today …
    👩‍🍳 good morning in the kitchen, making starter and dessert for tomorrow’s date night.
    🌸 my hyacinths are still filling the living room with wonderful perfume.

Think that will do for me this time. Stay positive everyone.

• posted by RubyG
    on

“Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during the day”

I think we underestimate the impact our breathing has, and that is one of the things I loved when I attended a yoga class, our teacher always had a section of the class devoted to different breathing techniques.
    I still practice what I call my “yoga breathing” at both the dentist and when going for smear tests (topics which I know have been covered recently), but probably don’t focus enough on my breathing in everyday life.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Ruby … think you’re right about breathing. We take it for granted and hardly ever give it focus. What happens when we do is interesting, so taking that pause and consciously breathing is worth doing.

Earlier than usual with positives, but it’s date night tonight, so thought I’d post now …..
    🌞 sunny day … always lifts the spirit.
    🙂 exchanging have a happy Friday messages with friends in Turkey.
    🍷 all advance prep done ready for this evening.
    ⏳ looking forward to quality time with OH this evening …. commences with cocktails at 7pm 🙂

Have a great weekend, choke full of positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day everyone!
    RUBY! Cdnt agree more about breathing better. Its the on thing we do fromthe second we are born to the moment we die,so we need to do it as mindfully as we can,we need that oxygen
    My positives today
    *~ Afternoon out in the MoMo car this afternoon. Good to see the outside world again!
    *~ Saw blossom on two trees! Hurrrrahhhhhh for blossom time!
    *~ Took a load of clothes to the clothes bank! Good to see them go
    *~ Fed the ducks and had a takeaway decaff cappuccino..tasted fantastic,haven’t had one for ages… can’t have a caff one,it makes me really jittery!
    *~ Enjoyed talking with Beau about summer plans that might just come to fruition,even if only late on in the summertime.
    🌸 Advice from blossoms…..
    🌸 Blossom in your own time
    🌸 Show your true colours
    🌸 Spring forth with joy
    🌸 Share your gifts with others
    🌸 Remember your roots
    🌸 Celebrate life’s beauty
    🌸 Welcome each day with joy

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope ebody enjoying their Sunday/ Monday morning xx
    My positives…
    *~ Had a lazy day reading.
    *~ Good news from a friend in the States,theyve plans to move to somewhere more rural and peaceful,sounds like the move will be happening soon! Excited for them!
    *~ Ive just been out to feed the foxes,a lovely evening,not too cold,clear sky and lots of stars. Everywhere was peaceful. Lovely to see windows lit up. Saw DD and SIL in their kitchen,they prepare some meals together Sunday nights for the week ahead. Feel very blessed.
    Thats all for today folks,hope the week ahead will be a good one for us all!

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Today’s Action for Happiness from Mindful March is particularly appropriate for us:
    “Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture & smell of your food!

Have a good day everyone 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ruby, that’s a very apt quote for the beginning of a new week.
    Yowser, good to see so many positives from you, thanks for sharing them.
    Apologies for being out of the loop, but here are some positives now ….
    🔨 DIY is progressing at a good pace, thanks to OH
    🧺 sunny day, so two batches of laundry sorted today.
    💐 Mothers Day gift and card purchased and packaged, awaiting collection tomorrow.
    🎒grandchildren back in school and everyone seems relieved to be going back to the classroom.

Hope you’ve had a positive day … don’t forget to tell us about the highlights.🙂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy folks x!
    A few good things in my life today
    *~ Neighbour knocked with yellow roses to say thank you,as when we went out Friday,we took a few parcels to the Post Office for her. No need to give me flowers,just happy to have helped, but it was a lovely surprise
    *~ Got flowers at weekend from DD,vibrant orange flowers, so another lovely surprise and so nice to look at two vases of colourful blooms!
    *~ Saw a local man,dont know him very well,but he said he had been worried as he hadnt seen me for ages. Nice to be missed!
    *~ Just heard one of my fsvourite songs on tv..Sweet Child of Mine 🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
    “ Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” ( Albert Einstein )
    🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷

• posted by RubyG
    on

“Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others”
    Haha, some of the calls I’ll be having today will require a count to 10 before responding 😉

My positives for this morning:
    – hubby has his first vaccine this afternoon
    – the sun is shining (but apparently that won’t last)

• posted by Busybee
    on

My positives are the same as usual- sun, daffodils, budding trees and plants and walking increasing distances with Hubby.
    However, great excitement yesterday as DD informed us they have booked a cottage near- by in May so they can come up to see us! We’ve only seen them once in the last year so it will be lovely to actually see them in the flesh.
    Due to restrictions they can’t stay with us and we will have to eat outside, so everything is crossed for us to have some good weather.
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, your flowers sound wonderful. It’s so lovely to have flowers in the house … it’s one if the reasons I have so many orchids🤭
    Ruby, thanks for sharing the quote of the day. Pleased your hubby has had his first jab.
    Busy, daffs are a joy aren’t they. I have lots a dainty little miniature ones in my garden … the smallest of which is shorter than an AA battery. Definitely the dinkiest one I’ve ever seen. Exciting news about seeing your daughter, great to have something like that to look forward to.

Positives from me today …..
    🏵 my aforementioned dwarf daffs …. they are such a delight.
    ⭐ new staircase arrived today, OH is hoping to get it installed at the weekend … it’s currently in the garage.

Going to finish with a mantra I read today ….
    “I have the power to change my story and I support myself with love and kindness.”

• posted by RubyG
    on

“Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face”

Have they seen the weather in the UK today? It’s definitely a day to blow the cobwebs away!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

*~ Will be going out shortly RUBY to feel that weather on my face! Great to read your news about the cottage BUSYBEE! And your Hubbys vax RUBY! And SUNNY! new staircase has arrived!🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
    *~ Technically this isnt really positive news on a blood sugar diet forum ( Sue me!😀) BUT…today I found a tiny Lindt chocolate rabbit in a bowl in a kitchen cupboard I was cleaning out. You know the tiny bunnies wrapped in gold? The smallest one? well my face lit up with gladness and it wd have been rude not to eat it …goodness knows how long its been there ( last Easter maybe?) but it tasted like nectar of the gods!
    *~ Trimmed my fringe and it doesnt look that bad. Not long now hopefully til we can see our hairdressers again!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ruby, I went outside and noticed how the weather felt on my face … it was cold and wet😂!!!
    Yowser, we’ll let you off with the consuming of the golden bunny … HAD to be done! It’s going to be a good while yet, before I can see my hairdresser, he’s in Turkey😔. Yes, the stairs have arrived and OH will undertake the jigsaw solving over the weekend to get it installed. Sadly, no where I can go to get out of the way of the swearing😂🤭

Okay let’s see what positives I can find for today ….
    🍸wanted to get some gin for date night cocktails and one of my favourite was on offer in Tesco this morning.
    🙂 menu for Friday planned, shopped for and prep plan in place. I’m so enjoying doing this each week … flexing my culinary muscles.
    🧘‍♀️ really good meditation session today …. very much in the zone.
    🎁 DD’s birthday next week, card and gift sorted, just need to work out getting it to her.

That’s me for today, despite the horrid weather there were some positives to be found. When you’ve found yours, please remember we’d love to read about them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good morning/ afternoon/ evening!
    Its 8 a.m. here and Ive had another sleepless night…but theres still positives to be had!
    *~ I love seeing a day begin,watching the dawn and knowing this is a new day is full of promise!
    *~ That first cup of tea – you can’t beat it,tastes so good!
    *~ Reading a lovely book called The Wild Remedy..how Nature can help beat low moods.Written and beautifully illustrated by a lady who suffers regular bouts of depression.
    Have a great day folks! Thursday again? It feels like Thursday happens about every three days,time flies so fast these days.xx
    🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟

• posted by RubyG
    on

“Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee”.
    That is quite a good one, as too often my coffee starts going cold and I down it, but it is good to stop and focus and really enjoy a good cup of whatever you fancy.
    Very blustery here today, and the wind was howling all through the night.
    Hubby is recovering from his jab and feels much better today.
    But, the first of our daffodils are showing their happy faces in spite of the weather!
    Have a good day all!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, hope you have a better night’s sleep tonight.
    Ruby, glad your hubby is feeling better today.

Finding positives today is not very easy, as I’ve been headachy and a bit washed out, however ….
    🤕 full blown migraine didn’t happen, which was a bonus.
    🥘 prep for date night dinner completed.
    🎁 recieved two mothers day gifts today (not opened them yet) … one from OH and the other from DD.
    🛌 early night tonight, as still feeling woolly headed and a bit spaced out.

If you have a positive please let us know about it.

• posted by RubyG
    on

“Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying”.
    Mmmmmm, that one is sometimes difficult, too often we are formulating our response rather than listening, especially in emotive circumstances. I have a call later this morning where I can put this into practice.

Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quicky,want to watch Corrie!
    SUNNY hope yr heads ok today,I slept better thanks!
    One positive for today..I stayed signed in to the forum from my last visit!i never log out but quickly get logged out!
    Thought for the weekend…
    Yesterday was Experience,Today is Experiment,Tomorrow is Expectation, Use your Experience in your Experiment to achieve Your Expectation!! 💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟💕🌟xxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Mothers Day to all. Just keeping it low key here,to honour those who no longer have a Mum to spoil,or a daughter to spoil them. Very Special Thoughts to those who’ve lost Mums and daughters this last year. I was lucky enough to have my Mum til I was 50,and very fortunate to have a caring and loving daughter,so I’m grateful today for her,not because of the presents,but because of her presence.
    Big cyber hugs are allowed,so I’m sending some to everyone today 🌷🌸

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all,happy Monday!💕🌷💕🌷💕🌷

*~ SILs birthday today. Just had email saying thks for prezzys ( handed them in earlier) and that theyre having a lovely carefree day,both off work. Zoom dinner tonight with SILs mum and sister.
    *~ Lovely day weatherwise. Been on my balcony giving it some much needed TLC and enjoying sun and fresh air.
    *~ While on my balcony,I saw the little rescue cat Julius who my neighbour’s adopted. He had escaped and was enjoying a run round. His mum and aunty were having no luck catching him. Suddenly a car stopped, a big burly guy got out and quickly and calmly captured him,and handed him back gently to his relieved Mum. 🥰 So wonderful when an angel appears from nowhere!
    Hope everyone is ok and having a good day dietwise. Ive been fasting,stillnot hungry,but unsurprising after eating half a box of chox last night! 😋 xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Apologies for not posting over the weekend. Yowser, happy birthday to your SIL.

Anyway, here are some positives from my corner of the world ….
    🔨 lots if noise and mess over the weekend, but OH got the new staircase installed. Still plenty to be done before all the redecorating is complete, but the worst of the task is done.
    🍸 lovely date night on Friday, had cocktails on Saturday evening too🤭
    👪 quiet mother’s day, but pleasant nonetheless with messages and gifts 🎁 from offspring …. beautiful flowers from son and a reverse incense burner from DD, oh and a wooden desk tidy from OH. Lucky girl!
    🏵 have two snake head fritillary in bloom at the moment … such intriguing little flowers.

Hope everyone is remaining positive and that we’ll see some posts from you all soon.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Sorry, Ive not been contributing recently, but never to late to be positive right?!
    SunnyB – what a clever OH!! Sounds like well earned cocktails – what did you have?? 🙂
    Yowser, your positives and kindness always make me smile and feel a bit cosy inside. Thank you!
    RubyG loving the pearls of wisdom!! I walked on my own yesterday and did actually take the time to notice the weather on my face. Bit cold, but fresh and dry!

My positives….
    – body feeling better for seeing a chiropractor, my pelvis is wonky and was giving me notable hip pain when i run. A bit of crunching later and some dynamic stretches and its certainly improving. Back to her again on Monday.
    – crocuses are out and the daffodils are just waiting to burst….. this will be super symbolic for me, all very closely tied to 1 year of making this way of eating work for me and starting to take care and believe in myself!
    – our new apple sticks (they will be trees but currently just big sticks) have been planted!! Exciting. And we are getting back to thinking about garden plans – polytunnel or no pollytunnel….hmmm!!
    – cats think they are dogs, took one out on a walk (no lead required) at the weekend. Didnt mean to, she followed us up the hill behind the house, had a great time until we had clearly gone too far from home and she meowed until i took her home. Very cute and very funny!
    – oh and I’m turning into Mo Farah (well not really even close, but i am running loads, enjoying it and feeling good for it)

Have a good tuesday peeps

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julz, good to have you back posting positives. The cocktail on Friday was a Hoffman House (too sweet) and Saturday was Straits Sling. These are cocktails from The Savoy Cocktail Book, so largely quite old fashioned styling.
    Hope you get the wonky pelvis sorted soon. We’ll soon be able to put garden plans into practise …. just need the weather to co-operate!

Positives from me today ….
    💐 visit to Lidl today and acquired a pack of cala lilies. Oh, and some frozen bangbang cauliflower too, which is delicious.
    🌞 sunshine for awhile this afternoon.
    🥘 menu planned for the next date night 🙂 just need to pop to Tesco tomorrow, for a couple of things I couldn’t find in Lidl.
    📱nice video chat with friend in Turkey … so wish we could be there!

Looking forward to reading about your positives, so please remember to post.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone,is it really Wednesday already?
    SUNNY I’d never heard of snake head fritillary,so I googled…oh its so pretty! The pic I saw was purply pink,are yours that colour or can you get other colours? Theyre enchanting! Im going to look out for them,are they easy to look after ( I’ m afraid I kill things,Im no green fingers,think I tend to over water)
    Good news on the staircase progress!👍🏻
    WINDY how lovely your cat walking with you – I would love our cat to do same. He follows for a few steps sometimes but then gets diverted by an interesting sniff or some other feline pursuit 😸
    Positives for today…..
    *~ Ive been looking for a…dont really know how to describe it…a block like thing that I can lie down and prop my legs on,keep legs higher than heart,to help my sluggish lymph system drain. Found one and its arrived today,look forward to trying it out when its spent time in quarantine.
    * ~ Started a new book,recommended by a friend in Tennessee,lighthearted read called The Sisters Cafe. Set in Texas. I do love reading American stories.
    *~ New top came as well,sale item,£10. Quite smart for when we eventually can go out for dindins!
    Lots to look forward to!🤡🥳🤡🥳🤡🥳🤡🥳🤡🥳🤡🥳🤡 xxxx
    “ May your heart be brave,your mind fierce,and your spirit free.” ( Anne Taft)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Yowser, yes the snake head fritillary are unusual and kind if exotic looking. Mine ate pink and purple …. think they do home in other colour ways but not certain. Lucky for me, they don’t take any real skill to care for … bought mine as newly erupted bulbs in a little pot, simply transferred them the a container with a few other bulbs and hey presto, lovely flowers! Due to the weather, haven’t even needed to water them yet, as the rain’s taken care of that and they have even been okay in the late frosts. Nothing like escaping in a good book … enjoy.

It’s early, but I have some positives to report ….
    🎉 daughter’s birthday today. Her man dropped by last evening to collect her gift for me and they are having a pleasanr day at home, just him and her …. son as well after school.
    💐 had a couple of hours in the garden this morning. Two new containers established in the front garden, two others tidied and all rose bushes sprayed and drenched with neem solution, as I spyed the first aphids of the season.
    👩‍🌾 loved sitting on the ground playing with compost and plants again …. so calming.
    🐞 for some reason, several ladybirds seem to be very interested in the lavender bush at the moment. They are definitely the kind of bugs I like to see in the garden. Oh, and there was a huge bumble bee foraging the daphne and primula … love ’em.
    🐶 just as I was finishing up in the back garden, a local dog plonked itself down next to me. She really wasn’t keen to leave either. She’s visited before and OH has always returned her to her home. Took me awhile A) to persuade her to come with me and B) find the right house, but managed to return her home. Was a pleasant little diversion though 🙂

Today has been a good day. Enjoy your evening everyone and fo please take a moment to report a positive too. Thank you.

• posted by RubyG
    on

My positives for today:
    – I have just booked my jabs (first and second) as the UK booking has opened to all those over 50 now (tomorrow we’ll find out if Europe will re-start their AZ program)
    – the sun has come out, after a frosty and foggy start and some morning rain
    – I attended a call today about nutrition, which was a useful discussion
    My not-so-positives:
    – I have had 2 days now where I have had back-to-back calls and eaten at my dining-room table desk – I used to do this in the office a lot, and can now feel how bad that really is – the eating was not mindful, and I can feel I have not taken a break

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Even that last one is a positive, Ruby, because you’ve learnt something important. Great that you have your jabs booked, can’t wait for my second one.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,haven’t posted any positives for ages but do read everyone else’s 🙂
    A few from me today;
    – Booked my 2 vaccines yesterday in a few minutes using a link from text from my GP,my first one is on Saturday.It took my poor sister 2 weeks constantly trying online and telephone to get hers booked after receiving advice from NHS to book it ,we have same GP but I think they’ve only started sending the texts in this last week.
    – Have had UTI for a week but now have some antibiotics which will hopefully get rid of it.
    – And lastly,this one will please you YOWSER😀,my sister had a lovely face to face visit with my dad in his care home on Tuesday evening..His memory is a lot worse than when he still lived at home last March but she said the core of Dad is still there and they spent 50 minutes chatting(about football quite a lot,luckily my sister is knowledgeable on this subject,I haven’t a clue and it’s one of the few things he still remembers) there was lots of laughter,his sense of humour is still intact which was lovely to hear.He did mention my mum and I but he didn’t mention coming home,my sister thinks he seems to think the care home is where he works bless him.
    I’m still not fully back on board food wise but it’s been an emotional week so I’m not beating myself up about it!
    Dawn X

• posted by Britta
    on

Morning! I haven’t had a chance to read back up the thread but just wanted to post a quick positive which is that I feel really positive! Less than a week in (second time around) and weight loss going swimmingly (I read somewhere that if you have recently gained a lot then it will come off quicker to begin with, perhaps some truth to that?), but more importantly, re-joining the forum has really given me a boost. So I’m feeling very happy to be back!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! DAWN,great news about yr Dad and sister,first of many visits,I hope. And he sounds happy which is comforting.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    And about the jabs!!! 👍🏻👍🏻 Good luck tomorrow xx
    BRITTA good to have you back!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Late Friday pozzs..
    *~ My neighbour home after two weeks hospital with covid. Looking thin and tired and no appetite,no sense of taste. Lovely to have him back tho.
    *~ Received some great photos from friends who’ve moved to Wales. They look so healthy and glowing,country air suits them!
    *~ As always,so thankful for another day,some sunshine,birds singing,flowers blooming,kith and kin all covid free so far 🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷 🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷 🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷 🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷 🌟🌷🌟🌷🌟🌷
    🐝 🌷🐝 ‘ Kind words are like honey. Sweet to the soul and healthy for the body ‘ 🐝🌷🐝

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowser,yes hopefully many more visits to come.My jab went fine this morning,all very well organised.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thats good DAWN,I hope you dont get side eefects,altho they say it could be a good sign your immune systems working well if you do. Let us know how you get on.
    My positives…
    *~ Just watched a film (Personal Shopper,confusing)and did quite a bit of rebounding while I watched.
    *~ Funny email from friend in Holland which really made me smile.
    *~ I’m focused and in the zone! Go me! so this week Ive done really well foodwise and feel better for it.Long may it last!
    Happy weekend xxx keep smiling,it makes people wonder what youve been up to! XX

Please log in or register to post a reply.