Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi there SUNNY and all ! X The arched window sounds very nice SUNNY ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป ..hope hubby ok after his vax
    *~ Had telephone chats to two friends today,one of whom I haven’t seen for one year and five days.
    *~ Iโ€™ve convinced myself that my glasses of water are really beer or lager,so Iโ€™m managing to glug down lots of it!
    *~ Early night,in bed now,very tired after only a short sleep last night. Very grateful for my bed and the dreamworld which Iโ€™m hoping to be in very shortly!
    Goodnight to all,and have a good day to those who arent in night time just now!
    โ€œAlways fall asleep with a dream and wake up with a purposeโ€๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ˜ด๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœ๐ŸŒ™โญ๏ธ๐Ÿ’ซ๐ŸŒŸ

• posted by Busybee
    on

The sun is shining again and yesterday I managed a walk for the first time in a week as the back strain has improved and the dicky knee is behaving itself – for now!
    I definitely feel better generally when the sun shines and the nights are shorter. Consequently I am able to cope better with home issues (Hubbyโ€™s dementia) and my will power is stronger. Roll on the summer!!!
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well Done BUSYBEE,and I hope yr back/knee continues to improve! Makes life so much easier
    *~ Lovely news today,friend gave birth to Baby Astrid. Theyve now got a boy and a girl! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
    *~ Weather continues bright and sunny tho a very cold icy wind brrrrr…still,Iโ€™m grateful for small mercies,heard that temperature is – 23 in Braemar…double brrrrrrrrrrrr…!
    *~ Beau went to get two new tyres on car..then was told he only needed one replacing,so halved the cost!

Five Ups of Life..๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป
    Buckle Up ๐ŸŒธ
    Start Up ๐ŸŒป
    Keep It Up๐ŸŒธ
    Never Give Up๐ŸŒป
    Cheer Up๐ŸŒธ
    XXX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, you kicked us on to pg92! OH has been fine since his jab, thanks for asking. Hope the early night provided you with a lovely long sleep. Congrats to your friend on their new arrival …. a little ray of light in these dark times.
    BusyB, glad you’ve been able to get out and about for some exercise … long may it continue.

Okay, time for some positives from my little corner …
    ๐ŸŒนOH arrived home with a bunch of red roses for me … aaah! Said he knew they were early for Sunday, but he’d bought them while he remembered ๐Ÿคญ
    ๐Ÿง€ received a mystery package, which turned out to contain two 4oz cheeses ….. also a gift from OH. The cheese is matured with 15yr old Glen Scotia single malt whisky. It’s going to be one to savour!
    ๐Ÿฆ little trip down memory lane today, browsing through photos taken a few years ago on safari. Had forgotten how good some of them are.

Hope you have noticed some positives today and that you’ll stop in to tell us about them. Enjoy your evening.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Had a day off work today so hubby and I ran a few errands, dropping off a part for repair and picking up some kitchenware before a trip to Lidl. I made a pot of soup before we went out but took way longer than anticipated and we were both starving!
    Carpark lunch was some mini frankfurters and slices of Emmental cheese, hugely calorific but ok on carbs – previously would have eaten far worse than this.
    Major positive though was the thought process around not just letting today go off plan, so supper was an amazing cauliflower curry.
    The soup is in the fridge for the next couple of days.
    I had a sneaky weigh in this morning – 12st 3.0lb

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone!its Friday! Dont forget to be fabulous! XX ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ

Well done RUBY on not going off plan yesterday! Its very easy on a day off isnt it to want some food and drink goodies!
    Something I love which is heavy in cals but not carbs is halloumi..yummers with lots of watercress
    Hows the soup today?X
    SUNNY….sounds like youโ€™re getting plenty of Val treats from your loving hubby!๐Ÿ’• you deserve them! X
    *~ Today its bright and sunny yet again…going to wrap up warm and go for a walk and enjoy the outside world!
    *~ Woke up,looked out of the window,lovely big bunch of daffs in the window of lady who lives across the road!
    *~ Finished wrapping presents for Beauโ€™s Bday next week. Nice big interesting gift bag waiting,bulging with goodies!
    Thank goodness for online shopping,I even bought his card online.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Did you know that todays date is a palindrome AND an ambigram..it reads the same from left to right,from right to left,and
    also upside down!๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ
    Happy Chinese New Year ! X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Yowser, yes OH has spoilt me for this valentine’s weekend. Sounds like you are going all out for Beau’s birthday …. I’m sure it will be appreciated.

My positives for today are …..
    ๐Ÿ›’ nice quick supermarket visit this am
    ๐Ÿฎ all prep done for date night dinner tomorrow… rosemary pannacott made and choc hearts to accompany them, as well as finely chopped shallot in red wine vinegar to go with the oysters.
    โ˜๏ธ it might not have been sunny, but it was dry today… think that’s three in a row now!

Hope you all have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend and will take a moment to share some of your positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi friends x Happy Valentines!โค๏ธ๐Ÿฅณ
    Have a great time all those like SUNNY,who are celebrating with their OH on this day!
    For anyone unable to be with yr Valentine,or on their own today(like me!) what better day than today to spoil yourself ..
    Maybe lighting some candles just for you, having a nice meal using the best crockery,giving yourself a duvet day on the couch with a good film or two and some nibbles.
    You deserve to spoil yourself today and be your own Valentine! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ leaving Val flowers for all our positive thinkers!๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’xxxxxxxxxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, well said … it’s so important to value ourselves and today is a great time to be kind to ourselves …. your suggestions are spot on and I hope you lead by example.

Offering up some positives ….
    โค valentine date night last evening was lovely …. food worked beautifully, champagne was excellent and there was a good amount of dancing.
    ๐ŸŒน both OH and I put the same words in our valentine cards to each other…. really in-tune, or is it just spooky?!
    ๐Ÿ“บ we’ve had a lazy relaxed day, staying cosy and warm out if the rain and high winds. So appreciate having the creature comforts I do.

๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’– Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNYB thats so sweet that you put the same words in each others cards! Youre truly in sync! โค๏ธโค๏ธ
    And its so lovely that you have a weekly dinner dance! XX

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope everyone has had a positive day… or at least one positive during their day. Mine are as follows ….
    ๐ŸŒฟโ˜˜ it was dry (by which I mean, not raining – although the ground was still sodden) and much warmer today, so I got a couple of hours of gardening in this morning …. not possible to express how happy that made me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    ๐Ÿ’‰ received the call-up for my first covid jab and managed to secure an appointment for tomorrow morning. Means I’ll have to be up early, but it’s so worth it!!!
    Really, those are my only positives for today that I feel need to be mentioned. Please do post your positives too, we love to read them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY yes it was milder today! Time in the garden is wonderful isnt it,getting close to nature
    Good luck tomorrow for yr vax! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ Lovely news ! ๐Ÿ’•

Late night positives from me! ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป….
    *~ Pleased with self today,did some spring cleaning and everywhere looks spick and span. In bed now after long hot shower,smelling very sweet!
    *~ Beauโ€™s presents and cards are ready and waiting for tomorrow. Cake and candles lined up and fizz in the fridge!
    *~ A friend had a legal problem regarding an inheritance ..today it was sorted and now her two kids,both in their thirties, will be receiving ยฃ45,000 each! Luvly jubbly! X

• posted by RedRooster
    on

The weather has got much warmer, which is great as I always feel colder when in the diet. Is this something to do with fasting, read somewhere that hands and feet more likely to get cold when fasting something to do with your body protecting key organs more(not sure about this). Or is it just I have 30ibs less insulation? Either way hopefully the recent cold snap weโ€™ve had here in North England is done and I can get out walking a bit more!

• posted by Busybee
    on

I actually sat in the garden for five minutes in the sunshine this afternoon and each day more buds and plants are fighting their way out of the ground. I do hope we have a lovely spring like
    last year as it will make such a difference to our mood and ease the boredom of this lockdown.
    Yowzer, enjoy your celebrations and Iโ€™m sure you and Beau will have lots of fun – itโ€™s good to make an effort when we can as so many special dates have have been missed over the past year.
    Hereโ€™s to another new beginning ( again)
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

BusyBee, the little signs of spring are so encouraging aren’t they. Like you, I’m hoping for the kind of spring we had last year …. itching for the bluebells in the woods to bloom.
    Yowser , hope you and Beau have a wonderful day tomorrow … enjoy it and please wish him a very happy birthday from me.
    Well, here are my positives for today….
    ๐Ÿ’‰ first covid jab received this morning …. yippee!! The vaccination hub was very well organised and I was through the system and back in the car in no more than 15mins maximum๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    โ˜˜๐ŸŒฑ ordered some new plant containers today, made of felt. Can’t wait to get them planted up.
    ๐Ÿ™‚ added some celery to the cauli I roasted this evening …. yum! Will be doing that again.
    ๐Ÿฝ date night dinner planned, just need to shop for it tomorrow …. Lidl here I come!

What little pluses have blessed your day? We’d really like to know about them, so please do post. Have a lovely evening everyone.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh Ive been struggling for some positives but i have some today….
    – feeling positive enough to actually log in and post on here rather than read posts feeling glum!
    – the masses of snow from the weekend are melting and the nights are getting longer! Makes a massive difference in my world
    – Starting to be able to contemplate garden things again, quite excited at the prospect.
    – we have 2 new apple trees we got as a gift at christmas, they are in a temporary pot as it started snowing the day they arrived. We will get them into their proper hole this weekend i hope.
    – our cats are so adorable and make me smile every day

SunnyB – congrats on your jab, gives the feeling of progress and forward steps through all of this.

Thank you all for being positive.

• posted by Busybee
    on

SunnyB, you always sound so busy and cheerful!
    How I envy your youth and physical ability – getting old is no fun though I do feel 50 in my head! Does that count as a positive?
    X B

• posted by JoseJose
    on

It’s so sunny today! And yes yes yes to being able to get out and do things in the garden. Love seeing the buds and sprouts and bulbs coming up. โ˜€๏ธ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Garden joke I saw yesterday on Reddit..
    โ€œ Just to keep everyone updated,Ive been admitted to hospital with poisoning. What I thought was an onion was a daffodil bulb. Im ok and the doctors said I should be out some time in the springโ€ ( boom boom!๐Ÿฅณ)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello everyone! Hope youre enjoying/ enjoyed a Wonderful Wednesday
    Positives from me today
    *~I received a Vit D supplement in the post today. 4 months supply. Letter with it is from Dept Health and Social Care,saying Im receiving them as on โ€œClinically extremely vulnerable listโ€. Well I do have chronic immune system related health probs,and health isnt getting any better as I age,but didnt think I was quite THAT bad,but still,am grateful to receive them,although I dont need them as my GP prescribes Vit D every month,and its dangerous to exceed the dose. But I can pass them on to somebody who will benefit from getting โ€˜ the sunshine vitaminโ€™! ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒž
    *~ Aside from that,nothing to report except as always very grateful for my life and the blessings in it.
    *~ Oh i DO have another..received a very belated birthday yesterday! And had a great time yesterday with my Beau,who had a fab birthday. We went to feed the ducks but they werent interested as theyre so well fed at the moment ….nice to know they have full tums,and to see the lake wasnt frozen this time. Was heartbreaking to see them all standing on the icy lake last month.
    Thought for the day..
    We are not all in the same boat but weโ€™re all in the same storm
    ~ Peace.L๐Ÿ’œve.Good Health.Happi๐Ÿ’•ness. ~
    ยธ ๐Ÿ*โ€ข.ยธ๐ŸŒผยธยธ.โ€ข*ยจ๐Ÿฆ‹ยจ*โ€ข.ยธยธ๐Ÿ’žยธ.โ€ข*โ€ขยธ๐ŸŒฟ.โ€ข*ยจ ๐Ÿ*โ€ข

• posted by Busybee
    on

Itโ€™s great that our wonderful NHS are looking after us all so well – we are so lucky here in the UK.
    I love the vision that we are not in the same boat but are in the same storm – we are all so different but all have the same goal to lose weight and lead a healthy and happy life.
    X B

• posted by JoseJose
    on

I was woken this morning by birdsong – they are gearing up for spring! That felt good.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi friends! JOSE I love to hear the birds sing,its so uplifting!
    My pozzers for today
    *~ Good to hear the promise of visitors soon for those in care homes! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ Has been such a distressing time for residents,and so worrying for their families.
    *~ Zoom,Facetime,Skype,emails…words we didnt know not that long ago,but what a lifesaver this last year,helping families and friends keep in contact when they cant visit each others homes.
    *~ Went to feed the foxes and saw two people I was glad to see. An elderly neighbour,havent seen him for months,but he was out today. He said he goes out once a fortnight for groceries. Ive got a mental list of a dozen people I know to say hello to/ used to chat to at the bus stop,but I dont know where they live,so cant check on them. So ive no idea if theyre ok or not. So at least I can cross John off my list. Also saw my SILback from running DD to her job . I have to applaud SIL and DD. Like so many other young couples, theyve worked from home for eleven months,( DD has had to go into work at times). Theyve shopped online,had no social life,SILs mum,dad sister,nephew and niece,aunts all live down south. This is no life really for young ones,but they have kept to the rules unselfishly and never complain,just get on with it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry for bring absent yesterday, bit of an off day and in bed by 8pm.
    Anyway, checking back on yesterday’s posts, good to see you posting positives Josejose … nature brings such joy doesn’t it.
    Thanks for the ‘youth’s comment Busy, but really can’t claim that these days!
    Yowser, glad you and Beau enjoyed his special day. I too liked the boat/storm analogy…. so true.
    Okay, time for some positives from me then ….
    ๐ŸŒทlots of promising spring bulbs pushing up through the soil now.
    ๐Ÿช‘OH realised I was struggling with SAD today, so sat me in the conservatory in the sun this morning

Read this yesterday and thought I’d share it here:
    “Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds.
    You can grow flowers or, you can grow weeds”

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY Sorry about your SAD but what a lovely understanding hubby you have!โค๏ธ
    I love the saying you posted,its so true..always try to have great thoughts and grow beautiful flowers! ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Lovely saying SunnyB and well done your hubby – sunny conservatory sounds ideal.

Positives from me…..
    – yesterday evening i managed to get 2 horses out for a wee ride for the first time in…..well probably this year! Helps my wellbeing enormously.
    – then went for a lovely long walk with a friend.
    – still positive and grateful everyday that the family, including the animals, are well. (we do have one vet issue with one horse who has a sore eye, she is prone to this but its rather sore for her, poor toot).
    – the snow from all the drift last weekend is nearly gone….just a few sheltered piles left! Our cat loves playing snowballs, so we threw his last snowball for him this morning!

That’ll do me…

• posted by JoseJose
    on

My positive today is my garden. Like so many people, I don’t know what I’d have done without it this past year. It’s an absolute mess after winter but I’m tidying a couple of bits every day and noticing everything that’s starting up – little buds, shoots poking through. Cannot wait till we have more than snowdrops!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julz, your cat play with snowballs made me smile. And how lovely to take a walk with a friend …. that must have felt almost like normality!
    Jose, I’m with you … over the last year my garden has been key to my sanity. I too have been trying to do bits of tidying when weather has permitted. The little signs of spring, give little trays of hope for better things to come and the bulbs are pushing through quite strongly now.
    Bit early for me to post positives, but will say that date night last evening was lovely. Very pleased with how the food turned out and the company was good too of course.
    Will pop in later with positives for today….. hopefully! Have a lovely Saturday everyone.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Very hard to find positives at this time but life is still full of wonder.
    1. Every year in Autumn and Spring the cranes fly over our house on their annual migration, Autumn they fly south in search of warmer weather which means Winter is coming and in Spring they fly north as Africa is too hot. It is a sure sign that warm weather is coming and they flew over the house last week. You hear the French running outside shouting les grues les grues – like children.
    2. We have both got 2 appointments for our Covid jabs. Jab one next week and jab 2 at the end of March.
    3. Hung my washing out on the line for the first time this year. Thank you grues, you were right, lovely day at 20 degrees.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI WINDY!JOSE!JULES!and SUNSHINEGIRL! And everyone x
    WINDY your cat !โค๏ธ
    how fab about les grues S-G!You are right,life is totally full of wonder.
    Also v good not only got appt for first jab but date too for second! And washing out on the line…theres nothing nicer than seeing washing dance in the breeze and it comes in smelling lovely!
    My positives
    *~ Bidding on some tops on ebay,cheap,colourful and cheerful,and will be too big in very near future. I love buying cheap stuff when youre going down in sizes.
    *~ Sent for some Easter cards and they arrived today..I love Easter-y colours of yellow and lilac and Easter images of bunnies,,lambs and flowers
    *~ Feelin full of joy today,just on a natural high. Life is good and Iโ€™m grateful every day just to wake up,get out of bed,I can breathe,see,hear,walk . Everything else is a bonus ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŽถ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

SG, great that you and hubby have your vaccination appointment. How wonderful to see the cranes flying by, bet it’s quite impressive.
    Yowser, I love to buy pre-loved bargain garments too. I so miss browsing in charity shops right now. Hope you win some of the tops you have bids on. Might have an ebay browse this evening myself ๐Ÿคญ
    Okay, let’s see what positives I can find ….
    ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป OH has started moving things, ready for prepping before installing a new staircase. Honestly, I’m dreading the mess that will ensue, but it will be lovely once it’s done.
    ๐Ÿดroasted celeriac with a spice rub as part of dinner this evening … was very tasty.
    ๐Ÿฝ menu planning for next date night has started.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Resubscribe post ๐Ÿคญ …. managed to unpick the email box as I posted my last message.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just a quick positives report today ….
    ๐ŸŒน break in the weather allowed me to de-pot and package up a rose for my Mum’s birthday on 25th. Postage bought online and postman will collect it tomorrow.
    ๐ŸŒท lots of spring flowers popping up in the garden now.
    ๐Ÿ˜Œ a pleasant relaxing day …. busy doing nothing.

Hope your weekend has been full of positives. Do please come and tell us about some of them

V, hope you’re okay and that you’ll be posting positives again soon.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Positives for today:
    – I ache everywhere, but in a good way after gardening for the last 2 days as the weather was kind this weekend
    – I avoided boredom snacking over the weekend, and am hoping for a loss when I weigh tomorrow
    – my tomato and chilli seeds are mostly starting to germinate after a week
    Today’s Action for Happiness Action – “Give sincere compliments to people you talk to today”
    Have a good day everyone.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh first positive is easy – coming on here and reading through all these posts makes my heart sing. Such a lovely, caring and positive bunch. Helps me remember to stay positive and see the good!! Glad you all liked the cat playing snowballs – wich i could post a video for you, guaranteed to make you smile!
    Other positives
    – wee trip into work today to get some on the ground safety stuff done. Nice change of scene.
    – weather for the day looking good and plan to ride this afternoon! Whoop
    – Some good exercise this weekend
    – oh and i got an unexpected gift through the post from a friend. All i did was lend an ear and help her think through some things on the phone….and now i have 4 rather nice bottles in my possession. I have promised to keep 2 to drink with her when restrictions allow! She brought a smile to my face when it was needed, there are some wonderful people in the world!

Keep sharing people, love reading this thread!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Monday folks!
    ๏ปฟ*~ Supermarket order has just arrived. Very welcome even tho no goodies ordered any more ๐Ÿ˜ข
    I like this way of shopping. Tho I wd rather pick my own veg. Its just like the modern day equivalent of the โ€œOld Daysโ€ when you left a list with the grocer and his delivery boy brought it round on his bike! Although I smell of bleach after wiping everything before putting it away..THAT didnt happen in the old days!
    *~ DD,40 and with health probs,and critical worker,has her first vax on fridayโค๏ธ
    *~ Cant be said enough enough,a very welcome sunny day all day today!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ruby, that’s a good kind of ache to have …. can’t wait to get out and properly garden again.
    Julz, lovely to receive an unexpected gift … enjoy!
    Yowser, so pleased your DD is getting her jab on Friday.

Positives from here ….
    ๐Ÿ’ป got the village news letter three quarters drafted this morning, a few tweaks and couple of additions tomorrow and it’ll be finished.
    ๐ŸŒค the sun put in an appearance for awhile this afternoon.
    ๐Ÿ“ข Boris says travel might open up early summer, so a glimmer of hope we might get out the Turkey in June …. fingers crossed๐Ÿคž!

Hope you had some positives today and that there’ll be more for you tomorrow too.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good morning / afternoon/ evening!
    An early post from me,yet another sleepless night,so here I am,looking like the Wreck of the Hesperus!
    *~ I might be exhausted after six out of seven sleepless nights,but at least I dont have to go to work. Nothing worse than dragging yourself through a working day when you havent had your zeds!
    *~ SILโ€™s sister had a baby yesterday! 6 lb baby boy! SIL now a proud Uncle of three.I spent ages looking online for baby gifts yesterday,still havent decided,so much choice!
    *~ The sky very early this morning was gorgeous..ripples of pink and blue ..this is called a mackerel sky…….
    โ€œundulating waves of clouds similar in appearance to fish scales!โ€
    ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป Choose Happy!XXX๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป

• posted by Busybee
    on

Glad to hear you are still cheerful and positive Yowzer even after losing so much sleep. My mother used to use the expression โ€˜looking like the Wreck of the Hesperusโ€™ – I must look that up!
    You must be very relieved that your DD is to get her jab, I know I was so relieved when I had the same news a few weeks ago.
    And the added joy of a new baby always lifts everyoneโ€™s spirit.
    After Bo Joโ€™s announcement last night Iโ€™m busy planning in my head when I can see the family and friends, and when I can have a hair cut! I will have to resort to the garden shears soon!!!!
    A new world awaits us though I think it will be very strange at first!
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, how wonderful to welcome a new life into the world!
    BusyBee, yes it’s exciting to finally be able to plan to see family and friends again. Trying to keep expectation tempered though ….. just in case.

Positives feel a little thin on the ground today, but here goes ….
    ๐ŸŒท crazy high winds blew over my only two tulips in bloom …. so they are now a cheery little display in the living room.
    ๐Ÿ’ป village news letter complete and ready to roll.
    ๐Ÿฅ˜ dinner slowly cooking in the oven, should be ready in an hour.
    That’s me for today … nothing amazing, but enough to keep me buoyed up.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Time for posting some positives ….
    ๐ŸŒธ a cheeky little orchid jumped into my trolley at Tesco today! Well, who am I to argue if it wants a new home?๐Ÿคญ
    ๐Ÿทbought a bottle of one of my favourite wine for date night.
    ๐Ÿ— made a very tasty chicken and leek dish for dinner this evening.
    What were your positives today? Please do let us know what they were.

• posted by Busybee
    on

SunnyB I love an orchid and always have one in the sitting room.
    We had our first jab three weeks ago today so our immune systems should be fighting fit.
    I think I should start to enter the real world now with baby steps as we oldies have been so protected we are fearful about meeting the general public. I did go to the butchers last week which was a step in the right direction.
    The sun is out, the sky is blue and we are going to the tip and book bank – we know how to live!
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day everyone! ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ
    *~ BUSYBEE Great news! us too,Beau and I,now over three weeks into our jab! Looking forward to number two. And weโ€™ll be thinner by the time we get the second vax! Yayyyy!!!!!
    *~ SUNNY would love to see your village newsletter. Do you produce it all by yrself or do the villagers send you contributions? So good to be creative,specially in lockdown.
    *~ Signed up for online virtual retreat on International Womenโ€™s Day in March and am going to look for a free hypnosis video on youtube,see how that goes!
    Have a Groovy Thursday everybody XXX ๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒทXXX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps Forgot to say…
    *~ The sun streaming through the windows feels lovely and warm ๐Ÿ’•
    *~ Cut my fringe yesterday,looks ok,tho it has to be said,in general,hair-wise,I look like the Wild Woman of the Woods!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Iโ€™m feeling more positive this week :
    The sun is shining and spring is definitely on its way.
    Hubby has been sleeping much better with a change in medication – I cope much better when I get some sleep!
    Iโ€™m trying out a few new recipes, particularly different ways with vegetables as I always seem to cook the same old meals every week.
    Have a good weekend one and all.
    X B

• posted by RubyG
    on

It’s amazing the effect better weather seems to be having on all of us.
    Even though it was frosty here this morning, it feels more spring-like.
    I bought lots of lavender and rosemary plants from Lidl and Aldi yesterday, their smell always brings a smile to my face.
    Busybee, please share some of your recipe ideas, I always find it inspirational reading what others are eating to support their success.
    Last night we had a stir-fry of chicken, chorizo and peppers, onion and garlic, with lots of paprika and oregano – it was very tasty.
    Hope everyone has a good day.

• posted by caronl
    on

The lovely spring weather really does help doesn’t it?
    1) Crocuses and daffodils have joined the snowdrops this week, and the whole garden is suffused in sarcococca scent. Gorgeous.
    2) The dog has almost shaken off kennel cough, so I am getting some more sleep.
    3) FInally managed to get a day to a page 2021 diary via click and collect, So no further excuses…..
    4) So pleased to see that many of you have had your vaccinations.

Have a good weekend.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Yup i’ll jump on the positive weather and pending spring bandwaggon too!!
    – not only is the sun out and feeling warmish….its even due to be sunny over the weekend! Feels like that hardly ever happens!!
    – 2 horses outside with no jackets on for the first time in months! They will be so muddy tonight!!
    – no sign of daffodils yet, but i will feel a little emotional when it happens, it will symbolise 12 months of this way of life, coming full circle with COVID lockdown, and a wee reminder of the mental, emotional and life learnings i have been through.
    – vaccinations are making good progress, I’ll be down the list but thats ok.
    Panning slow cooker chicken curry for family dinner tomorrow night….be a bit different i think.
    – think ive had a reasonable food week…. no dried fruit, far less pecans….. fingers crossed for an ok weigh in tomorrow morning.
    – able to go ride horses in the decent weather…..heading out shortly and really looking forward to it! Soon this will be ‘normality’ but still a big highlight – just 2 weeks ago it was -14 and we had 4ft snow drifts!!

Caronl -glad your dog is feeling better and its helping you sleep.
    RubyG – your stirfry is right up my street and something i would do too! Maybe a variety with broccoli and courgette instead of onions and peppers, some pesto maybe dollop of cream cheese?
    ๐Ÿ™‚
    Have a great friday

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

BUSYBEE i Hope Hunny continues to sleep better and hence you ( I typed hunny by mistake instead of hubby but decided not to change it ๐Ÿฅฐ) Glad youre getting more sleep too CARONL,and that doggys getting better.
    RUBYG mmmmm i love a stir fry,think iโ€™ll have that tonight
    *~ DD bowling off as I type to get first vax! Woooohoooooo!
    *~ Just listening to guy on radio talking about we may possibly get a THIRD jab as a booster, could be necessary coz of the variants. Am all for it,anything that helps!
    *~ Looking ahead to our coming โ€˜ freedomโ€™ however near or far that may be. Iโ€™m starting to put money away in our โ€œFunbunnyโ€ purse,which me and Beau used to use ( good old days!) to pay for our entertainment. Funbunny’s been out of use for far too long,but starting to stick money in there again is making me very cheery and optimistic!๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿผ
    โ€œItโ€™s impossible to feel sad when you think happy thoughts!โ€ ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ„
    Have a fab Friday everyone xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.