Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi fellow positive peeps!πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³
    BUSYBEE you must be so proud of yr DD..! And so relieved she’s getting her jab very soon!
    SUNNY that clip made me laugh out loud!
    VERANO..congrats on grandson reaching his teens..I wd love to re live my teens! feel so sorry for the teenagers whose wings have been clipped over the last year. Between no social life and their exams getting messed up….hope things start to turn round soon,so they dont miss out on any more of their precious youth!
    My positives πŸŒ»πŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸŒ»πŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸŒ»πŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸŒ»πŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸŒ»πŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸŒ»πŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸŒ»
    *~ Beau received appt for jab today …this Friday ..yay!!!!!
    *~ DD made apple pie to mark Bidens inauguration and I refused a slice!πŸ˜‡
    *~ Rain rain rain rain..but its snug indoors and like VERANO I’m just enjoying some mindless amusement on the telly!
    Nobody I know is ill,we’re all warm and dry,food in our tums………lots to be thankful for πŸ™πŸ™

• posted by Squidge
    on

Well done for resisting the pie, Yowzer!

The sun is shining here today. That’s lifted my mood after a few days of gloom wind and rain.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quick hello before making my dindins and watching MAFS!
    Thanks SQUIDGE for yr support, and I agree with you…..how lovely to have a dry sunny day after torrents of rain and sleet…thats my first positive today!
    *~ second positive…I feel so fortunate today after seeing on the news all the floods devastating peoples houses. Plus,it was snowing quite heavily as they were evacuated πŸ™ and some were elderly folk who havent been outdoors for months…what a way to return to the great outdoors… I’m full of gratitude to the services who helped rescue them.
    *~ and numero three…Im enjoying my latest meditation ,which focuses on one chakra per week. This week,the solar plexus. Im wearing the colour of the chakra each week..this week its yellow,so im wearing a yellow top and yellow scarf embroidered with golden bees! 🐝🐝🐝🐝 xx
    β€œ Despite the forecast,live like its Spring! β€œπŸŒΈπŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒΌπŸŒΈ
    (Lily Pulitzer)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, loving the sound of that scarf. Glad your beau has got his jab appointment.
    πŸŒ₯ saw only a little sunshine here today, but even that was better than nothing.
    πŸ‘©β€πŸ³ made a batch of twice bake cheese souffles … two for tomorrow’s date night and two to freeze for a future date.
    That’s it for today, it’s been a quiet one with nothing much happening …. which in some ways is a third positive I guess.

• posted by Busybee
    on

SunnyB
    I’m taking a leaf out of your book and planning a date night as it’s our 49th wedding anniversary!
    We will have a glass or two of fizz probably followed by a glass of wine with our meal.
    I am cooking scallops with prawns, duck legs and homemade plum sauce with tray baked vegetables followed by a lemon pot. Lowish carbs though higher in calories.
    I was so excited all those years ago and although dear hubby’s memory is so poor now, he managed to recall some of the day.
    The sun was shining as it is today although it was much warmer. Happy memories!
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Congratulations BusyBee and Mr BusyBee! Hooe you have a lovely day and a wonderful date evening. Your meal sounds lovely …. enjoy!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Didn’t get around to posting positives yesterday, so thought I’d get in earlier than usual today. So, here are the positives identified so far ….
    β˜€οΈ two properly sunny days in a row …. woohoo!!!
    πŸ’ a walk around the garden, showed that although they are a bit late, there are buds coming through on my hellibore πŸ˜ƒ
    🌸 indoors, at last one of my orchids is starting to bloom again… the first of many with new flower spikes.
    πŸ‘©β€πŸ’Ό daughter has confirmation of her new job and starts on 1st Feb, she’s thrilled and eager to start a new challenge.
    🍽 lovely date night meal with OH last evening and πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒ we had a good dance around the living room too.
    πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ seem to have dropped into a really good meditation zone at the moment, which is wonderful. Going to take a look at chakra meditations too, Yowser.

That’s it for now, hope there are positives presenting themselves to you and that you’ll share a few with us, when time permits. Enjoy the test of your weekend.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY,so glad youre continuing yr dinner dance nights into this year!
    *~ Weather looked a bit unpromising this morning..snow,sleet and ice,but its all melted now and the sun’s been shining.
    *~ Like yr DD SUNNY,my niece has landed a really good job,also starts 1Feb! Feels good to know theyre doing well doesnt it❀️❀️
    *~ Beau had jab yesterday,didnt have to wait long,and no after effects apart from his arm is sore πŸ‘πŸ»
    Take care everyone,be well and safe xxxx and remember! Its better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing perfectly πŸ˜€ xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy Peeps! My positives today,small but glad of them
    *~ Jeepers creepers!… woke up to snowwwwwww this morning.brrrrrrr……⛄️❄️⛄️❄️ looked good but was glad it melted away.
    *~ DD fed the foxes this teatime to save me going out. Made a change not having my usual teatime walk,instead I’m sitting here wiggling my toes,warm and snug,πŸ₯°
    *~ its nearly 5 pm and still not yet dark. We are getting through January at great speed! Dont want to wish my life away but Jan has felt very difficult for most of us this year.
    Have a great week X Be happy! X

• posted by Busybee
    on

Nice positives Yowzer – I am hearing of some of my friends 70 -80 having had the vaccine or have an appointment. I don’t know if it’s alphabetical but if it is we are near the end! I’m still optimistic that we will be β€˜done’ by mid February.
    I haven’t been far for the past week or so (for various in-house) reasons but am enjoying the snow scene in the garden and a jug of daffodils in the kitchen.
    New week tomorrow and let’s hope we get a new spring to our step.
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yes, I too was unimpressed to be greeted by a coating of the white stuff this morning, Yowser. It didn’t stick around, although we did get another fall later in the day, happily it was too wet for it to settle. Glad your niece has secured a new job, I’m sure she and my daughter will have great success in their new roles.
    Busy, a jug of daffs sounds very cheery … love ’em!

πŸ™‚ OH has finally got around to sorting out his ‘office’ in the spare room. Hoping this will mean he’s going to use it again, instead of spreading paperwork over the dining table.
    As it’s been a quiet day, really not much else to report as positives. Grateful that family and friends all remain in good health. Hope you have some positives to report soon …. will look forward to reading about them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone a word of warning!
    Be careful if you get email offering you a vaccination saying you must respond within 12 hours..i was suspicious as the first line clumsily says…’decide whether if you want to be vaccinated…’plus a weird date…12 Jan…
    and I reported it
    My friend unfortunately clicked the link and got asked for bank details.
    Scam! This is how it starts…

IMPORTANT – Public Health Message| Decide whether if you want to be vaccinated – Message on 12-January-21 14:57:11 BST – Your NHS.CO.UK order #203-9320557-23482748 has been dispatched

If you get and want to report,this is the free number…0808 250 5050
    Horrible scammers preying on vulnerable people xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the heads up, Yowser. Have heard about similar scams, what we all need to remember, is that the covid vaccinations will be free to us all here in the UK, so don’t respond to any emails offering vaccination for a fee. Thanks for the info for reporting these scams.

Okay, well let’s see what positives I can dredge up for today……
    β˜€οΈ the sun made a lengthy appearance …. chilly, but so good to have real sun and blue skies for awhile.
    πŸŒ… the longer days are becoming much more obvious … really noticed it this evening.
    πŸ“° drafted the Feb edition of the village newsletter today, just a couple of small adjustments to do tomorrow and it can be sent out.
    🌱 planted three tiny baby succulents into a little clay pot, which I drank masala chai from in India 16mths ago. Looks cute.
    It’s been another quiet day, as it has for many others I’m sure, but if you look for thebposirives, they are almost always around somewhere …. take a look πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Another grey and rainy day, but there are still some positives to be had ….
    🌱 my recently ordered batch of new plants arrived today …. 9 healthy little ones to grow on, ready to plant out after the frosts have finished.
    πŸ“Ώ bracelet ordered for daughter’s 50th birthday …. and bonus, the price had been reduced since I check it last week. Consequently, she’ll be getting an orchid delivered as well πŸ˜ƒ.
    🧴placed an order for some of my favourite skin care products …. a little pampering never did anyone any harm.
    Hope you have managed to track down a few positives today … let us know about them if you have.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Nothing much to report as life generally is seems the same everyday as we wait for our vaccine and restrictions to be slowly lifted.
    However I am feeling more positive that the end is in sight, spring is on its way and I’ve sorted out another cupboard as part of my very slow spring clean!
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

BusyBee, can understand not finding it easy to find the positives right now, but you’re right, we have to look forward in the future with hope that we will all come through this awful time. I too think the vaccination route, is the one most likely to get us back to living more socially again.

Few positives from me today ……
    πŸ›’ good shopping trip …. my one outing per week at present. Stocked up in Lidl, visited Poundstretcher for bird food and the local garden centre for compost …. job done.
    🌱 as you might guess, whilst at the garden centre, a couple of plants jumped into my trolley! But what was really lovely (for me as a customer), was the place was deserted and so peaceful.
    🍽 made an especially good pork curry this evening … was delish!
    πŸ“ž phone catch up with Mum … pleased to hear she and Dad are okay and doing fine.
    Go on, have look around for those positives … bet they’re there somewhere.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii folks! Happy Thursday! Thursdays seem to come around very fast these days!
    *~ excited today,a necklace i ordered for DDs 40 th is due to arrive ! Cant wait to see it!
    *~ also,its Beau and I’s 11th anniversary of first date. Last year we had lunch in a lovely restaurant…this year,we will just remember all the previous much more celebratory years..and look ahead to meals out in the future!
    *~ no aches,pains,stiffness today,so will go for a longer and pain free walk! Might even turn a few cartwheels! πŸ˜€
    πŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™‚οΈ
    Have a great day everyone,take care xxxxxx

• posted by Busybee
    on

Happy anniversary Yowzer and enjoy your day.

I actually have some different positives today!
    We have finally had the call and are to have our Covid vaccine next Thursday!
    And….., son and heir and his family have booked to come over from USA to UK for all of August!!!!
    Obviously this will all depend on many things including them having been vaccinated, any quarantine measures, flights and any restrictions but it’s something exciting for us to look forward to!
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks BB🐝 and what fabulous news! so pleased for you re jab and something wonderful to look forward to in the summer!XXX whereabouts in the States are they
    🌻 Peace.Love.Good Health.Happiness ❀️ Happy weekend! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

*~ Hearing such great news of more and more people getting their jabs! Many thanks to scientists,lab techs,NHS πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
    *~ Shout out to all those who have kept our world turning for many months now..postmen,binmen.transport drivers,shopkeepers,delivery drivers,milkmen and all. Our lovely postman has just knocked to ask if I need anything
    *~ Giving thanks for my fluffy pink poncho..its light but very warm,keeps me snug and helps keep heating costs down
    Have a freaking fab Friday everyone..woooohooooo the weekends here,last weekend of Jan. Dont want to wish our lives away but think we’ll all be glad to say bye bye January.

• posted by Busybee
    on

They live in New Jersey in a leafy Township – they moved house 18 months ago but with hubby’s diagnosis and Covid, we have yet to see it.
    Here, here Yowzer, big thanks to Everyone who work so hard to take care of us and keep all our services working.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh wowzer yowzer BUSYBEE! New Jersey is near or part of New York I think? …I hope you get to visit our folks some day not too far away,and I really hope they make it here August,what a get together that will be πŸ™
    One of my big dreams is to see America.
    My positives..
    *~ The last day of January today…woooooohoooooo..hello there,February!πŸ’œ
    *~ My Feb gets off to a good start …I have a grocery delivery in the morning…
    *~ AND I have appt for vaccine tomorrow afternoon,and close to home too. Just a short drive,SIL is taking me.x
    Advice for daily living…
    β€œ Always wear your invisible crown β€œπŸ‘Έxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry folks, have been a bit slack the past few days and haven’t posted for awhile.
    Yowser, hope you and Beau had a lovely anniversary and that your vaccination goes well tomorrow. Oh … and I love the ‘invisible crown’ idea!
    BusyB, hope you and your family will realise your get togethers as planned. Itching to see our family too, but as we’re in the same country, it will be so much easier for us when get togethers are once again permitted. Roll on that time for is all!!!

Anyway, here are a few positives from me ….
    πŸ•― excellent date night with OH on Friday … lovely meal and quite a bit of dancing in the living room tooπŸ™‚
    Rest of the weekend has been quiet, so other positives are that family and friends all remain well. Daughter (and Yowser’s niece) starts her new job tomorrow, so that’s another plus in these rough times.

Will close with a quote …..
    “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream”
    Les Brown … author

• posted by Squidge
    on

Good to hear about people getting the vaccine – and your dancing, SunnyB!

My positives are that –

It’s February!

I’m the lightest I’ve been in two years (still well within the healthy weight range). The main reason for that is that…

I completed dry January. We’d gradually been drinking more since the first lockdown, and decided to get a grip on the situation. Once we’d made the decision it wasn’t difficult to stick to – helped by having no alcohol in the house, the pubs being shut and the total lack of social occasions! Still, there’s a shop just up the road so we could easily have bought a bottle and we didn’t.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Squidge, good to see you taking poll position, with the first post for February. Congrats on being the lightest you’ve been for a couple of years … well done! Completing dry January is some achievement and good on you for determining to carry on for another month.

Positives are not so easy to identify at the moment, but here goes ….
    🍽 a BSD reboot today and it feels good to be back in the saddle.
    🌸 found a little violet in bloom, in the edge of one of the garden containers. Full of hope for the spring.
    πŸ“ž good chat with friend in India.
    πŸ‘πŸ» daughter had a good first day in her new job.

Please remember to post your positives …. we love to read them.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Happy February everyone!
    I’m definitely feeling more positive and determined to actually lose a little weight this month.
    I have a jug of daffodils on the kitchen table which really cheers me up and I can see lots of budding shrubs in the garden.
    I’m also using an app to identify a smiling face and good life style versus bad food choices and sad faces which, apparently, helps make me more positive- we’ll see how it goes!
    X B

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I’ve been a little AWOL – apologies. Really enjoyed catching up with this tread, thank you for keeping it going.
    My positives…..
    – I agree – very positive that it is February! We are over the top of the winter hill!! IT may not feel like it (snow on the ground and minus temps here) but i will believe it!!
    – My dad got his Covid jab at the weekend. Thats a bit of a relief ad he can go build himself some immunity.
    – I may not have been 100% on plan (maybe 75%) but i have managed to do quite a bit of running in January, finishing Jan the same way as i finished December – by running a half marathon – 21.1km. Legs still a bit tired but feels like an accomplishment and has perked me up. (note – I am not a ‘runner – I’m new to it and certainly not build for it – but i am stubborn and determined!) Now if i can just apply that stubbornness to food choices!!
    – Animals in my life are keeping me happy and are adorable!
    – Oh oh oh…… garden…. we are going to receive some plants from by brother and his wife….. its a bit of a surprise but i think the man on the phone arranging delivery said something about an apple tree……… very excited and looking forward to spring!!

• posted by RubyG
    on

I know I always feel better when I notice the small positives, so a couple from me today:
    – the garden Robin is bouncing about on the patio in the back garden (my dining table desk overlooks the patio) – that always brings a smile to my face
    – some of the seeds I ordered arrived in the post yesterday – something called a cucamelon which I’ll try, and some exotic chilli seeds, now just need to get some seed compost and start sowing

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for all the lovely positives,great to read them allπŸ’• things like flowers,plants,birds and animals are the special things that uplift us most
    SQUIDGE well done on being your lightest in two years..what a fabulous feeling! X
    SUNNY glad DD had a good first day..my niece too,she came back full of enthusiasm after her first day.
    My positives..
    *~ 24 hours nearly since my vaccine and no side effects so far.
    *~ Have decided to weigh in kilos after always doing stones and pounds..just to make a change on those infrequent times i step on the scales!
    *~ All my friends ( and family in relevant age group)have now had vaccine,or got appt for first vaccine later this week
    XXX

• posted by RubyG
    on

I knew my day needed a third positive πŸ™‚
    Just got back from a brisk walk to the village Post Office and back, only 1.6 miles but it felt good in the late afternoon sun with a cool but not cold breeze. I didn’t even have to layer up, just a baselayer and gilet, no woolly hat or gloves required today!

• posted by RubyG
    on

And my venture out in weekday daylight hours obviously scared the life out of the world as it’s now pouring with rain!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Do many early positives being posted… well done everyone!
    BusyB, I adore daffs, they are so cheerful and cheering.
    Julz, good to see you here, glad your Dad has had his first jab. The garden news sounds exciting!
    Ruby, lovely that you can take a moment to watch the wild life from your makeshift ‘desk’.
    Yowser, glad your niece had a good first day in her new job. Good news around with regards to the vaccinations as well.

My positives are ….
    🌦 short break in the weather this morning, which allowed me to get my new baby plants into temp homes, so they can grow on and get stronger.
    πŸ› changed the bedlinen today, so looking forward to climbing into lovely clean sheets tonight.
    🌸 another orchid bloomed today …. yippee!!

What positives graced your day? Do tell us about them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all!
    It was still sunny n bright at 4 pm today…positive number 1! Horray!
    *~ Lovely cheerful crocus springing up everywhere! πŸ’•
    ~* And snowdrops!πŸ’œ
    *~ Went to pick up my prescription..very grateful for my medications,and that I have a chemists close to home xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, it is lovely to see spring creeping in with the shape of spring flowers isn’t it?! Actually, my first positive is flower related ….
    πŸ’™ a tub full of miniature iris in bloom in my garden πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ
    🌦 saw some sun and a patch or two blue sky today … yai!
    πŸ›’ grocery shopping in a very quiet supermarket …. oh and a bunch of iris and daffodils jumped in to the trolley two πŸ˜‰
    πŸ’» lovely long skype chat with friend in the US.
    🍸online order placed for cocktail ingredients πŸ˜‰πŸ€­

Please don’t forget to tell us about your positives.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh I just cant wait to see my first little daffodil, they ahve be instrumental in my wee BSD / Fast 800 journey and the make me sile. I do love a crocus too, had for gotten about those little guys! We are bit off seeing them up here in the cold north….we still have snow on the ground with more to come….. but not dwelling on that, it will be what it will be.

SunnyB – cocktails?? How glamorously exciting. What are you having? Ive had an occasional gin from a cocktail glass (turns out its a large cocktail glass) feels pretty special….. oh its the small things!

Positives.. .. digging deep….
    – i realised to day i have each horse in a fairly posh brand of run….the type which are amazing quality but really too expensive….mine have all been bought second hand and were bargains….such lucky horses to be well wrapped up in this weather, and i was tickled I’d managed to acquire a full suit of them!
    – just a wee recognition that our little cats are just awesome! They are very busy little people, like to help in the stables, supervise the horses as well as help indoors like with putting my socks on, or decorating the living room with bird feathers….. you know, the useful things! The come when they are called, follow us about outside but also sit with us and enjoy a good cuddle. So lucky to have them, they fit in here just so well.
    – my husband bout me a rude and sweary calendar for my christmas, i get a little phrase or saying or motivational statement every day with expletives …. it does make me chuckle and is very apt! I share it with my work buddy most days, we are on the same wave length and in the same place mentally so the indecency makes us chuckle daily!

Have a positive Thursday everyone….oh see, another positive, its nearly Friday….. dont like to wish my life away but progress through the weeks at this time of year is nice! a day closer to the daffodils!

Julz

• posted by Busybee
    on

We’ve been jabbed today!!!!!!
    Now that’s a positive!
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

BUSYBEE good news indeed! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½ Do you know which one? I had the pfizer
    Thats my positive thought for today…just the one,but a big amazing and marvellous Positive with a capital P!!!!!!
    Over 10 million people have now had their first vaccination πŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ’œβ€οΈ XXXπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    One day,one day …we will be able to go wherever we want again..
    BUSYBEE im longing to walk on West Kirby and New Brighton beaches…
    β€œ A beach is the only place where salt lowers your blood pressure”
    Oh and another positive…for once,I wasnt logged out of this forum! I never log out but nearly always have to log back in every time…
    ( but I guess thats very much a first world problem…I told DD that Waitrose had no extra large avocados…thats very much a first world prob!πŸ˜€ )

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julz, cocktail tomorrow will be a Dempsey – gin, brandy, angostura bitters and a dash of absinthe. Last week was a mexican white negro – suze, tequila and white vermouth. Your calendar sounds like huge fun and I’m sure it’s a wonderful mood lift.

BusyB, great news re: jabs … brilliant!
    Yowser, it’s definitely a huge positive that the vaccination programme is progressing at a good pace.
    My positives for today….
    🍽 did some advance prep for tomorrow’s date night meal … parsnip puree and chorizo crumb to go with scallops and a dense fudgy textured, flourless dark choc cake.
    ❀ started planning a valentine meal πŸ˜‰
    🌸 a little indoor gardening today, repotting a couple of orchids.

That’s me for today, nothing earth shattering, but little high spots nonetheless.

• posted by Busybee
    on

I had the Pfizer vaccine Yowzer and it was a very slick operation – in and out in less than 25 minutes which included the post jab 15 minute waiting time.
    We are able to get to the beaches locally but haven’t been going as often as it’s not essential travel – but could be necessary for our mental health!!
    One day soon we’ll be able to wave to you over the Mersey, the sun will be shining and hopefully life will be a little more normal.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii B 🐝 yes wont that be lovely when we can wave to each other across the river!..or even one day meet up in town with VERANO!
    Me too, re vax….quick in and out including 15 min waiting time..really well organised!xx
    SUNNY!love that you have Valentine plans! Enjoy tonight xxx
    Positives…
    🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢
    *~ My friends have been given date for second jab @ end of April
    *~ Still daylight about 5:15 this avvo! Only seven week til the clocks go forward! Eight til Easter!🐰🐰🐰
    *~ Parcels Ive been waiting for arrived today..in quarantine now for a few days! Cant wait to open them
    Have a great weekend friends!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Where are you Verano? We are missing you and hope you are safe and well.
    Much love
    X B

• posted by maximumdelusionstrawberry
    on

This is an amazing thread thank you! Loved reading everyones positive thoughts today, feeling a bit grumpy tbh though here are mine:

1. My husband said I looked nice in my leggings. It’s been a while since I’ve truly ‘caught his eye’ bum wise. I don’t know if it’s cause I feel more confident on this diet and not wearing tight super baggy everything but actually doing my hair and makeup most mornings πŸ™‚
    2. Had a nice time looking at greenhouses and planning my garden for a new home we are hoping to buy in a couple months…
    3. I got accepted for a CPD allowance at work meaning my certification course MAY get paid back in part

Aaah that is satisfying, might try doing this each day

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

BUSYBEE I got an email from VERANO today..she’s fine,just having a little break from the forum for now X
    Welcome MAXIMUM and thanks for your positves X!
    *~ A positve from me,just enjoyed bopping around the lounge watching a Who concert from 1977. Now watching a documentary about Marc Bolan. I love Sky Arts! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Maximum good to see you here posting positives. Hope your CPD costs will be paid back.
    Yowser, nothing like a good bop to lift the spirits, OH and I did the same last evening.

My positives right now are …
    ❀ lovely date night with OH yesterday … next one won’t be until valentine’s day, which is now in the planning phase.
    πŸ“ž second phone call in a week with friend in India … always good to hear from him
    πŸ”·οΈ proper blue sky for a few hours today and the first daffodil has flowered in the garden.
    πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ daughter had a great first week in her new job … she’s even more excited about it now.

Enjoy the test of your weekend and please take a moment to tell us about your positives πŸ™‚

• posted by Busybee
    on

Thanks for letting me know that Verano is safe and well Yowzer – I think we all need a bit of time out occasionally.
    It sounds as though both you and SunnyB are having a fun weekend.
    X B

• posted by Busybee
    on

More positives for me – in spite of very cold temperatures the sky is blue, little flurries of proper snow and I’ve noticed the bluebells and daffodils are peeping out of the ground and I can see a heather is in flower!
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

BusyB, thanks for posting… so good to see the sun isn’t it? Spring is definitely making overtures, hopefully it will be fully fledged soon.

After being AWOL for a few days, here are a few positives from me …..
    πŸšͺOH fitted a lovely new front door on Sunday …. it locks, unlocks, opens and closes all with complete ease, unlike the door which it replaced.
    ❄ no snow in our little corner of the UK … not a positive for some, but definitely one for me.
    🌸 couple of my orchids have started to bloom at last … feels like I’ve been waiting for ages.

Hope to see V and Yowsers posting here again soon … and actually anyone else too … come on, what were your positives today?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Positive thinkers!SUNNY a new front door sounds fab! What colour?
    BUSYBEE bluebells! How pretty!
    *~ I have a collection of teapots in my kitchen which live on top of my kitchen cupboards,but I rarely notice them. This morning I stopped and enjoyed looking at each one..theyre colourful and pretty,they cheered me up,and it was nice to think back to when I chose them/ when they were given to me
    *~ No snow here, apart from a light fall late last night,which I watched lying in bed,with my curtains open,thinking how peaceful and quiet it seemed. So far this week,bright and very cold…afternoon sun shining into my kitchen
    *~ Beau and I have decided when we’re β€œ free” again,we will go out for lunch every day for a week!πŸ˜‹
    XXX
    β€œ Winter is the time for comfort,for good food and warmth,for the touch of a friendly hand and a talk beside the fire: it is time for home” (Edith Sitwell )❄️❄️❄️❄️

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The door is just boring white, Yowser … it’s upvc and couldn’t justify the price of a coloured one, which would have almost doubled the price. It does have a nice large patterned arched window in it though. Love the idea of a week of dined out lunches …. something to look for you both to forward to.

Okay, here goes with a couple of positives from me for today …..
    πŸ™‚ a blackbird has become accustomed to there being feed on the wall outside the kitchen window and now visits daily to tuck in.
    πŸ’‰ this morning, OH had an invite to book his 1st covid jab and managed to get an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Not my turn yetπŸ˜•
    Nothing else springs instantly to mind, except I’m thankful for a warm home, food and good health.

Please post your positives if you have a minute.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Dropping in to post some Wednesday positives ….
    πŸ™‚ visit to farm shop saw purchase of a tray of eggs, some frozen rhubarb, meat.. oh 🀭 and another primula!
    πŸ’‰ OH covid vaccinated … yippee!
    πŸ’» skype chat with friend … always a treat.
    πŸ‘—ware a skirt today, which I haven’t worn in ages …. had put it in the charity shop pile, but decide to pull it out to give it another try and find I really like it again.
    🌞 the sun put in a proper appearance today, giving us several hours of bright, bright skies …. still too cold to garden, but so good to see the sun and blue skies for a change.

Would live to read about your positives, so please take a moment to post themπŸ˜ƒ

Please log in or register to post a reply.