Just found this post and thought what a great idea!
Mine are for the weekend
1. Went to a lovely wedding
2. Parents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary
3. Went out for a great meal to celebrate 2!
We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.
Just found this post and thought what a great idea!
Mine are for the weekend
1. Went to a lovely wedding
2. Parents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary
3. Went out for a great meal to celebrate 2!
Not really a thought but I had to post somewhere, that I can comfortably get into a dress that I have had for years and love, because when I can wear it, it makes me look good and feel good. It’s now in the case ready for our trip our to Turkey, flying out two weeks today.
Enjoying a fabulously powerful thunderstorm here, which is right overhead and filling the air with that wonderful ozone smell! Don’t you just love the drama of nature?!!
Well done SUNNY.what a satisfying feeling getting back into a dress that you enjoy wearing and that you know looks good!
And i agree,ilove the drama of a storm,its exhilarating! X
1. School holidays – time to relax as well as getting work done around the house (with helpers of course).
2. Relaxed enough to sleep in today.
3. Feeling joy for BSD in England that have featured in the Daily Mail.
3. above should have read BSDers.
Hi Switzerland 😃
Enjoy your time relaxing 😴😴😴😴😴😃
Found some inexpensive magnesium pills (with calcium and vitamin d also). First drug store was 2 times as much.
Tried Turmeric for the first time … dumped some in the soup this morning … Turmeric is supposed to be great and anti-inflammatory. Much better than taking a pill.
Got email that my new BIG yoga mat and fitbit zip arrives Friday
1) grateful for the Mindfulness section here … and the free online http://palousemindfulness.com/selfguidedMBSR_week0.html
2) happy for the prospect of doing aquabics in a heated pool at the gym in about 1 hour
3) Hawaiian hazelnut coffee
Very timely thread, as yesterday ended up feeling like a black cloud day due to dog and husband … and once the black cloud settles, even when sunshine is all around, I find it hard to shift. So, thinking back to yesterday, and the GOOD THINGS that happened will be BRILLIANT for me:
1. Lovely 13 year old daughter was reasonable about not being able to do something she really wanted to do. Reasonable, in my 13 year old, is like, possibly the best gift ever!
2. Out of dastardly dog escaping, I finally met our lovely neighbours two doors down. They seem like darlings, and gave me a box of Celebrations to welcome us to our new street. How kind.
3. Girls made a chocolate cake last night (thankfully to take into school today) … and even TIDIED up after themselves.
Actually, now I’m re-reading this, wonder if they’d spotted the dark cloud above my head 🙂
Those are great ones …. especially love finding the silver linings.
Today i add
… had cheese omelette with bacon at mall restaurant after aquabics (no toast, no fries, no tomatoes) and the waitress just charged me for the cheese omelette plate …. FREE BACON!!! 🙂
1) I love my new flannel sheets …. soooo warm and cozy …. and such a wild bold floral print (and i thought i wanted rosebuds and lace!)
2) The Mindfulness course is going to get me off my derriere to buy a printer — lots of reading!!
3) Got my interlibrary loan book …. Victoria Thompson Murder on St. Nicholas Avenue … just enJOYing and savoring every word. Love the Gaslight series … love the flavour or a different time and place …. reading in bed with my new flannel sheets!!
loving the positivity … especially the potential excitement of reading that new interlibrary book in bed with the flannel sheets 🙂 decadent cosiness!
I haven’t had time to post today – so yesterday’s positives are:
1. Moving the dining table – by myself into a room where the girls can study. Yippee. This girl can!
2. I walked just shy of 12km. This is remarkable. Truly. (small dog still wasn’t tired out, but I was)
3. Walked around my garden, really taking time to appreciate the plants and insects.
Congrats on the walking Poppetini … and the furniture moving too!!! My walking has only been about 1.5 km. with a stop for coffee …. i’m easing into more because of my back disc erosion/sciatica …. and lately my feet have been really bothering me …. they will thank me for loosing weight!
It’s early today …. but my positive thoughts for this day are (so far) :…..
1. An ode to the lowly laxative …. i think i just lost 50 pounds!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 I may even be able to go to yoga class this morning without cramps and focusing on bathroom visits … while continuing my currently hopeless attempts to lift my ass off the floor … or even get up from the yoga mat without help!!!
2. There is an indoor yard sale/rummage sale? at the community centre where my yoga class is … who knows i may pick up a bargain! Someone else’s discard may be my treasure! Found something like the open Avon sterling silver spoon ring which i have been looking for for 30 years at the last sale … only $20.
That sounds like a nice prospect – yoga and indoor rummage sale. We call the flea markets, or jumble sales, or car boots in the UK.
I’m needing a laxative … or some flax seed/psyllium husks to keep things going, shall we say, on an 800 kcal food intake. Must make that top of my list today.
Yesterday’s 3 positives (I really like this thread):
1. Actually came in just over 800 kcal’s yesterday … it started with an 8.
2. Went to friend’s for nibbles and drinks last night – it wasn’t even slightly torturous seeing all that food in front of me, although I might have liked a glass of wine. 3 olives. Virtuous halo.
3. Jogged yesterday … 3rd jog since I took it up again. Aiming for a very, very slow mile … and achieved it.
Today is not feeling exactly like yesterday – I’m ranging opening and closing food cupboards and the fridge. This is NOT a positive sign, so willpower and believing in what I’m doing/aiming for is going to be very necessary today. Good luck with the weekend everyone else. Make sure you find some time to enjoy something … even if. like me, it may be a long rainy walk under the shelter of an umbrella 🙂
I will help you polish your virtue halo from last night.
Good luck on the weekend!!!
HEY … GUESS WHAT … I USED GARLIC IN MY SOUP!!!! … Minced garlic from a jar …. but … WHOOP DEE DO!!! Still got an hour before i leave for yoga class!
Good luck on your walk!!! Look at the sky … check out any flowers and greenery ….. and polish your halo!!!!
Hope my toothpaste works good with garlic!!!
Thank you Shalimar … halo is polished, but body, mind and soul want a lovely glass of red wine. Hmmmmmm.
EnJOY A glass of red wine!! Just count the calories and carbs!!
3 rd blessing of the day : left a nice chair yoga class to run to bathroom, sick, dry sinuses … went to bed when i got home … SILVER LINING is that i stayed within BSD diet!!! Too sick to eat!!
Amen to the glass of red 🙂 Once a week for me and think that can work just fine with BSD
Still have dry sinuses and a sore throat!!
But …. on the good side
1. It is a beautiful sunny day …. much nicer than it usually is in October here
2. Went out for cream and sore throat lozenges …. and narrowly escaped buying a bag of chips/crisps …. corner store had no cream so i walked to the grocery store … and got some nice chicken wings/drumsticks (small, roasted from the deli) …. at least that was healthy food
3. Sinutab is working on the sinus pain!! Cancelled aquabics class and had a nice lie in!
Sorry to hear you’re not feeling tip top Shalimar. And thank you Tigs for the once-a-week red wine suggestion.
1. Funnily enough I’ve decided I’m going to have a once a fortnight ‘day off’, where I can truly relish something I love to nibble or drink.
2. I have managed my fourth run. Still as slow as a walk, but I managed 35 mins of that very slow jog today. Woo hoo.
3. Sun is shining and the sky is blue … happy 🙂
Happy Monday all.
Good morning Poppetini, tigs, and everyone
Sounds like a plan Poppetini!!!
Sun just beginning to come up here. But it is supposed to be nice and sunny.
1) 1st good thing …. Bacon and eggs for breakfast!!!
2) 2nd … i think i’m a bit better but i might just stay put and read my new Louise Penny book … or at least start it.
3). I saved 1 strip of bacon …. i might try frying some chopped kale in the left over grease and a bit of garlic butter later. My nephew’s wife has a nice brusel sprouts and bacon dish she brings to family dinners … and Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up
I need to get back into doing this!
1. Today I have stuck to BSD.
2. I met a really nice lady at work today.
3. My bottle of varnish arrived which means I can varnish some stuff I’ve painted 🙂
IZZY Lovely to see you! Still a bizzy Izzy making and creating things! X
Thanks Yowzer! I’ve not been well really so been off the BSD wagon but I really should have posted as one of my positives that I HAVE NOT regained loads of weight lol.
I’m still bizzy yes, been painting lots of halloween paintings over the past few weeks 🙂
Ah sorry IZZY youve been unwell x good you didnt put weight on tho 👍🏻
I feel like I’ m coming down with a bug..i had it a few weeks ago grrrrrr..these days bugs seem to like to revisit folk…
Oh i bet yr Halloween paintings are fab!👍🏻 x
I think my sinus problems are turning into a cold!! the good part : nose running but not painfull
I put some local honey into my pineapple/pear tea … for the immune benefits
I ate that last strip of bacon … it was great
I’ve decided only to have bacon in restaurants …. as it is calling my name when it is in my house! That’s probably a good decision!
Talking food and creativity lovely themes for the positivity thread.
1. a lie in this morning: reading online newspapers, catching up with friends in text/FB/email. Daughter up during the night, so remembered to take it easy this morning rather than leaping into the day. Hoping my batteries won’t run flat by the afternoon. This is an important learning for me to ensure I don’t relapse back into ME. Easily forgotten when you feel a bit more alive again.
2. Realised that not only have I lost lots of weight this week, but that it took me out of the NHS weight charts OBESE category, and I’m now simply OVERWEIGHT. Hoorah!
3. Today is my Amatsu therapy day. I simply love this. I’m sure it’s made me feel a squillion times better.
Happy Tuesday all. PS the sun is still shining in England in October, which is really a 1. 2. and 3 on the positivity scale 🙂
I’m alive and well.
I have you guys the best support network anywhere, totally unconditional.
I have the motivation to start a reboot with the lovely Verona and KrysiaD woo hoo fantastic BSD week ahead.
Hi Poppetini, Greenjanet, Izzy, Yowser …. and eveyone!!
1. Retirement continues to be great …. if sometimes challenging esp. just sitting home with a cold!! But it’s a great problem to have.
2. Reading The Great Reckoning by Louise Penny one of my favorite authors.
3. Discovered yet another great herbal tea …. pear and pineapple. I am taking it with a bit of local honey, for the immune effects. So i am taking some Metformin … my blood sugars have been a little high … perhaps the stress of being sick and more or less inactive. At least my blood sugar is under control …. a had been just taking 1 now and then so i think it still works. When i’m feeling better and being more active i’ll stop with the Metformin crutch and get on with the BSD.
Hi Peeps,loved reading yr thoughts x so many reasons to be grateful,heres just a few of mine!
Just returned from sitting by the park lake with my Beau,on a tranquil evening,feeding the squirrels and watching joggers,walkers,dogs,fishermen – and of course, swans and ducks!
Before that,was in tesco and bought some lovely colourful mini peppers,watercress,cauli,berries,full fat yoghurt,roast ham..all good nourishing stuff. Grateful i had money in my purse to pay.
Coming home as it starts to get dark to my bright and welcoming pad..so fortunate to have a place to call home and a roof over my head – many people havent got that basic need met – and my DD and SIL just down the road in their cosy home xx
Yowser …. it is good to remember things like that!!! Even day to day stuff like having plenty of hot water ….. my water heater broke and fell partly though my porch floor …. so i boiled water for a couple of years until i could afford to fix the floor (and walls and ceiling in the back porch).
It is nice to have enough retirement money for home repair and a few extras. Thank Canada for the Canada Pension Plan and the Old Age Pension …. those combine to cover the basics. Since i don’t cultivate expensive tastes … i should have enough to pay my bills, have good food …. and even have a vacation now and then.
My extra good things today:
I think my cold is getting better
Had some lovely Hawaiian Hazelnut coffee and cream this morning
The Toronto Blue Jays won the 1 game playoff to advance in the baseball playoffs …. i’m way to emotional to watch … so i tape the games and watch if they win. It’s a very relaxing few hours …. and it’s still 5:30 in the morning here.
Positives from yesterday:
1. I managed to run 5km (posted on another board too). Who’d have thought it? First time in years!
2. Chatted to allsorts of other pooch owners in the park; love this element of walking a dog.
3. Managed to sit with my girls while they did their homework, and there was NO squabbling or bad-tempered bickering. Woo hoo!
oooooh, and can I just mention the sheer pleasure of clean bed linen? hmmmmm.
1. I’m going for a ride in an Aston Martin tomorrow
2. I’m going for a ride in an Aston Marting tomorrow
3. I’M GOING FOR A RIDE IN AN ASTON MARTIN TOMORROW
On a less positive, more ranty note, booking a 40th birthday meal in December is a pain in the backside as the restaurants have either got bl**dy work parties or are on a strict Christmas menu, no a la carte. Grrrrr.
Beepbeep beep! Oh wowzer TIMMY have fun! X
I understand yr feelings re bday bookings ..my Beau’s bday is just after Valentines, so if we want to have a celebration meal on the previous satday,that sometimes Vals night,with the prices hiked up accordingly! But the crimbo one is worse spesh when there is only a christmas dindins on offer! Tho i could happily eat one right now!
Timmy you will have to tell us all about the Aston Martin ride!!
sorry about the holiday dinner clashes!
Poppetini … that all sounds lovely!!!
Had a great sleep …. thanks to antibiotics and amitriptyline. Induced but i’ll take it!!
Was distracted the last few days … but think i pretty much stayed on the BSD plan … inadvertently! 🙂
On track this morning as well …. enjoying a cuppa coffee right now — should be awake soon!! 🙂
Happy that I’m at the end of a prolonged business season of hotel stays today
Happy that the stressful news received the other day might not be as bad as I thought (fingers crossed here)
Happy that I came on here to cheer myself up and this thread has done just that.
oldbluejeans ….. hope that stressful news isn’t as bad as you thought
Another great cup of coffee this morning! … i do love my flavored coffee!!
Lots of rain but no leaking in my living room ceiling …. i know i have to call the roofers but i just don’t deal with stuff when i am not feeling well. And i do have a nice living room now that i have my sisters old leather furniture so i don’t mind inviting people in
my country’s baseball team, the Toronto Blue Jays …. won the 1st game (of 5) resoundingly!!! I do so hpe to see them in the World Series …. but it’s early days yet
I slept on an off …. i probably need to get a routine!!! Still coughing and sneezing …. but i don’t have a sinus headache.
My good things this morning.
1. i am not as constipated as yesterday
2. instead of morning coffee i had a glass of dry white wine!!!!
3. Cat videos!!!
I miss my darlings … but i decided not to get more cats (for now) as i am hopefully going on a Rhine River Cruise in Europe, specifically Germany (my parents were from the Free State of Danzig area … which only existed between the 2 world wars … and is now Gdansk Poland). It is likely to be my only long trip …. after that i know i can leave cats (i usually have 2 so they are company for each other) for a short trips …. my cats always drink from the facets anywhere in the house and i leave the bathtub faucet slightly on so they have fresh water … i leave out tons of dried food … and a lot of littler boxes!!! It’s a lot to clean up after a trip but it’s okay for a couple of days. Of course, in a few years, i might not be up to much travel … so that’s all good.
1. I’ve finally figured out how to subscribe so I get email updates. Now all different forums are muddled up in my mind, but I feel as though I’m keeping up with everyone’s journeys better.
2. Went to an amusement park with my girls and their friends yesterday …. inadvertently walked 10,000 steps. (Can I also add a negative, indadvertently caved and ate 2 hot doughnuts at the end of the day, aarg!).
3. Depsite feeling a bit OSI, I stuck to the no rice/naan/chapatti element of a Chicken/lamb tikka dinner … had my yummy bhindi bhaji (okra) dish, and only a spoonful of dhal. Significantly over calories for the day, but glad my OSI didn’t kick over too, too badly into the takeaway.
Strangely, woke up this morning in more of an OSI mood … it’s the weekend, etc. (I think I feel sorry for myself on the weekend). Decided to do a weigh in … and although it will be a miracle if I lose 1lb this week, I have – at least lost half a pound. Hoorah. Closer to that pesky 11 stone. My daughter’s asked me what I’m going to do now that I’ve moved from obese to overweight, and find it very funny that I’m aiming for less overweight.
Hurrah Poppetini …. lost poundage is lost poundage …. and it’s even better if we’ve cheated a bit.
Love inadvertent exercise!!!!
my 3 positive things today are:
Just knowing I can come to the forum anytime and people helping me get back on it.
Actually losing 1lb today after 3 weeks (obviously I wasn’t following the BSD too well).
Happy now and looking forward to tomorrow
Jackieppp ….. glad you lost that pound!!!
Thankful for these forums also
Thankful that i am rebooting the BSD plan on Tuesday
For now …. am enjoying some nachos
Well its less than an hour away to Thanksgiving Day in Canada …. THANKS FOR THE THANKSGIVING DAY PRESENT TORONTO BLUE JAYS!!! On to meet the winner of Boston Red Sox and Cleveland Indians. ….. and on to the World Series!!
I don’t think i need anything more to be grateful for!!!
i am so very very very very very happy!!!!!
Blue Jays win their series
I reboot the 800 calorie on Tuesday
Holiday tomorrow … going to go for a walk … cold/sinus much better!!!
Greetings from the UK. Have a great Thanksgiving Day Shalimar.
Not a very well organised weekend as far as 800 calories go but full of positivity.
So my 3 positive thoughts to cover the weekend are:
Fabulous day out on Saturday in Edinburgh with my book club girlfriends. And walked 16 kilometres according to my friends app. Equals over 20,000 steps!
Lovely husband who pressure hosed the terrace whilst I was inspecting the Royal Yacht Brittania and walking!
On Sunday completed a bid to obtain a grant for my voluntary organisation. Procrastination had set in but I know it is a good piece of work.
Back to 800 today!
Edinburgh ….. always wanted to go there …. have never been across the pond!
Good on you …. my middle name is procrastination … so polish your halo!!
Gold star for hubby!!
🙂 🙂 🙂 just watching post game coverage!!
Back to 800 for me on Tuesday …. i am giving myself a day leeway!!
I come over to Canada most years to see my lovely 55 year old step daughter – from my previous marriage. She currently lives in Vancouver but used to live in Toronto. Both great cities in different ways.
that’s wonderful Billingebabe …. Vancouver is a lovely part of Canada.
I live in Northwestern Ontario …. Thunder Bay a relatively small city … but VERY good if you are outdoorsey at all …. surrounded by forests and lakes and right on Lake Superior … we even have Mount McKay for skiing and LOTS of hockey in the winter … and boating and cottaging, fishing and camping!! And it’s only 1/2 hour drive to the USA border …. lots of people here even just go for drive to the border … for a drink and some fun~! It can be very lovely …. i can go for a 1 kilometer walk and be in a forested area … deer are abundant as are skunks … and we do have the occasional bear. It’s a nice place to live …. and it’s a short plane ride to Toronto … but a 2 day drive!~ 🙂 🙂 🙂
One of these days i am going to visit the UK and Europe!!! I’d love to make it for the Highland Games!!! I am not well off financially but i don’t live large or cultivate expensive tastes …. but i have enough retirement money to have a nice trip or 2 every so often.
I am really quite lucky!! And i do appreciate that!!
I too am retired and finding it is the best time of my life. I also live in a lovely place, on the edge of the South Downs National Park. My town is called Arundel. We have the second biggest castle in .England, complete with Duke; a lovely river, a RC Cathdral, a 10 day community, arts and culture festival. Oh and we are 3 miles from the coast. My exercise is walking our border terrier and growing veg and fruit on my allotment.
A decent pension makes a difference. I am so pleased that I paid extra contributions into my pot.