Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Oh my God Billingebabe …. that DOES just sound lovely.
    We have a LOT to be grateful for!!!!

A little extra pension money can go a long way!!!
    HUGS πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

AND i dumped the rest of the wine down the sink … i don’t need it … and if it is not there i won’t really care at all.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Caught part of a TV programme last night and heard that those who drank alcohol ate 30% more than those who didn’t drink alcohol! It was an experiment on Secret Eaters.

• posted by shalimar
    on

captainlynne πŸ™‚ HUGS ….. and they probably ate crap!! Unless they had passed out.

Or maybe they just stay up all night …. and watch the Blue Jays win, win, win, win and win … the same game over and over!!

Canada time …. is not the same as UK and Aussie time … so i’ve been enJOYing being up all night!!

GRATITUDE!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Three positives to be grateful for..number one, music,two – music,three..music!
    Just watching clips from the Desert Trip ” Oldchella” Festival in California..Paul McCartney,Neil Young,Dylan,the Who…
    So grateful i was a teen when i first encountered these people and their fabulous talents, and soooooo happy that today- so very many years later – they continue to delight me and millions of others..
    And not a single carb imbibed along with all the wonderful songs! Heehee! How positive is that! Let The Music Play On! X

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

1. Just watched Cold Feet on the TV and Teenage Kicks by the Undertones featured – memories of John Peel!
    2. Beautiful sunny day & washing hung out on the line. I love to see it there instead of in the tumble drier.
    3. Cold tonight & lovely warm evening with a fire.

Oh and 806 calories today: total carbs 46.
    All good!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

BILLINGEBABE! more wonderful music! Teenage kicks! And the marvellous fabulousJohn Peel..RIP..
    I enjoyed Cold Feet too..do you reckon that was the last episode? Been a great series ..i still love the soundtrack from the old series more tho xx
    My cals n carb count very similar to yrs BB x well done us! X

• posted by shalimar
    on

Music has no calories or carbs … who knew??? πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Had a long nap and i finally feel okay today!
    Thank the inventor of Large Print Books …. so much easier to read if one eye is near sighted and the other far sighted … and the other one has a cataract πŸ™‚
    Thank the inventor of PVR …. i love recording my favorite TV shows and then watching them and skipping through commercials …. or being able to watch them when ever i want.

LOL … even though i am dieting i find The Great British Baking Show comforting …. i rewatch episodes … current ones, old seasons … even when i know who won!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SHALIMAR will you have cataract removed..i did and the difference was amazing..
    I had been flagging down lorries thinking they were buses! But now vision is v good!
    They toook out the cataract but left in the twinkle!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ x
    Glad youre feeling better x

• posted by shalimar
    on

Hurrah for the twinkle!!!

The cataract is not bothering me that much for now …. i want to wait until next summer to see what this nutrition plan does with my diabetes …. i am kind of hoping my eyes will get better.
    When i first got diagnosed both my eyes went from near sighted to far sighted. For a while i even had to read the large print books with a magnifying glass. I can read regular print but i usually close one eye and it’s just not comfortable for a nice long read.
    I am going to wait and see ….. perhaps Ontario change it’s coverage from the old procedure to the modern one. Or when i finish all my home repairs i can use some of my retirement money to get the better method.

I am very good at waiting (a.k.a. procrastination)!!

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

Yowzer – last episode of Cold Feet next week. Loved David’s attitude to prison! I had the CD of the music of the previous series and stuck it in the charity shop bag. Grrr. I am trying to really get into decluttering as I don’t want to leave a mess in ?? years for my daughter to struggle through. However every now and then I miss something that went. I suppose BSD is a form of decluttering too.

Shalimar – get the cataract sorted sweetheart! BSD ain’t going to help with that and life should be Iived not limited. And you don’t want to be flagging down lorries! Will ruin your reputation.

Right busy day ahead. First thing is to plant up my window box with dark purple viola and some green and silver ivy. White cyclamen in some other pots. I love my garden.
    A pound and a half disappeared overnight – ain’t that grand. Off to London to see my twin GC tomorrow. Aged 7 and such brilliant kids – happy, healthy and really funny.

• posted by Poppetini
    on

Reading everyone’s posts on gardening, Blue Jays successes, and Cold Feet is all very lovely. Nice to see what makes us all feel good.

I’ve been a little up and down over the weekend. Yesterday was much, much better. Things to be grateful for are:

1. Our NHS – I feel for you Shalimar with regard to your cataract and choices. Sometimes it’s easy to forget how much we take it for granted here in the UK.

2. Having more get up and go again … moving furniture here, there and everywhere yesterday trying to get the sitting room and kitchen looking just right (who knows if this is the right formation, but it’s this week’s formation!)

3. Buying a stick blender … which inspired me to make a surprisingly delicious soup of spring onions, not quite perfect asparagus and frozen peas.

(Saute spring onions in about 10g butter; Add chopped asparagus, for a couple of mins. Add about 200 mls water, a handful or two of frozen peas, half a stock cube (chicken or veg), bring back to a simmer for a minute or two. Blitz with blender. Enjoy. It was deliciously sweet, and beautifully green and smooth).

Managed another jog yesterday – first day it hasn’t felt like just stumbling forwards, and actually started to feel like jogging.

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

Oops sorry. Have just checked the Radio Times. Cold Feet has two more episodes to go.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Billingebabe …. πŸ™‚ HUGS congrats on your loss of poundage … have a nice visit in London

Poppetini … πŸ™‚ HUGS …I kind of love moving furniture to see if it looks nicer …. soup does sound delicious!!

Just lazing around enjoying my coffee …. going to shower and plan my day.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Gratitute for:

Spraying Bubbles with bleach cleaner ……. man o man that cleans good!!!

Nice short easy care haircut!!

Showers!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

BILLINGEBABE thanks for heads up on Cold Feet..glad two more to go..yeh me too re David! X aw how lovely to have twin GC! Enjoy the trip x
    SHALIMAR!optician told me eating lots veg,specially green,slows down cataracts growth. But get it done if you can…you will love the difference! I feel so lucky i had both my cataracts done on NHS a few yrs ago..my friend has just had one done,but they wont do the other coz of NHS cuts – which is all wrong! – but i still appreciate our NHS services – miracles are performed every day.
    I dont know if i had new procedure or old one but it was very quickly carried out..first time, the doc was the image of John Denver which was a bit surreal! πŸ˜„ I was half expecting him to break out into a chorus of Annies Song! X

• posted by shalimar
    on

Thanks Yowser …. i am fine with waiting.

Canada/Ontario does have great healthcare …. compared to many.

Not everything is covered …. but i am good with that.

• posted by Poppetini
    on

Yowzer49 … I spent the evening singing Annie’s Song. Lovely blast from the past.

Shalimar … one of my family members had their cataracts done; first surgery they’d ever had, and she was terrified. It went really well, and she was positively frustrated at the delay between getting eye 1 corrected and eye 2. Just in case there’s little bit of fear adding to your timescale. New lease of life.

As for me my positives for yesterday are:

1. I was in a good mood. Hoorah. PMT is a dreadful thing isn’t it?

2. Wasn’t hungry all day … so it was an ‘easy’ BSD day.

3. Continued with the domestic goddess theme … kitchen looks pretty nice now … and even did loads of laundry, including hanging the stuff up (I’m rubbish at remembering to hand laundry up; good at popping it in the machine).

Just back from today’s run … so have managed 2/3 this week. Tres exciting. Can’t believe I actually have the energy and the oomph.

Happy Wednesday all.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Staying focused on the theme of positive thoughts thread:
    1.Spring in the mountains is delightful. The waterfalls are all running well due to recent rains.
    2. Fine weather made for very pleasant bush walks, aiding mindfulness and all other aspects of BSD.
    3. No snake sightings today (I know they’re around but it’s nice not to encounter them).

• posted by shalimar
    on

Poppetini πŸ™‚ a run sounds good … so far i am just up for a walk!!!

Switzerland πŸ™‚ … no snakes sighted … that’s like no bears sighted here

1. cold but Sunny now!
    2. Got a new bank account … my local bank is moving so i signed up at the next most convenient place
    3. Lunch at Boston Pizza …. had salad and grilled chicken with a teeny bit of dressing / saved half for tomorrow!! Polishing my halo now!!

• posted by Poppetini
    on

We appear to be a pretty busy bunch – with such disparate things to keep us happy. It’s lovely to see – from opening a new bank account (one of those things that can niggle away at the bottom of a to-do list for far too long), to rediscovering the joy of (in my case LOUD) music and a wiggle, to simply enjoying the weather.

Apparently, we Brits, have the biggest mood lift in the world on a sunny day …

Positives for yesterday:

1. Did the run thing again … first 15 mins still more of a forward stumble, but then a more natural jogging feeling kicks in. That’s 8 runs now. Hoorah.

2. A cake I’d baked – with a lot of love and care – was very well received at the elderly residential home (daughter’s school volunteering). Lovely to hear that the extra effort was appreciated to make an old classic Victoria Sponge extra light and springy.

3. Hearing my 13 year old daughter’s tales of visiting in the residential care home – it’s for people with varying degrees of dementia. She loved their stories, and was tickled by some of their eccentricities, and memory lapses – but in a very lovely, genuine fashion. I love how her kindness and caring nature are reflected in being able to take people at face value, even when they are suffering from something so many of us are afraid of. Her friend has a ‘lovely pair of legs’, ‘no point talking to her, she’s deaf; I just sit here to keep her company’, ‘I was born in the house opposite yours 86 years ago’, It’s heartwarming and uplifting to think that these ‘cool’ teenagers would happily pop in every week to share stories, home-baking and a sing-song.

Pouring with rain here today – so very reluctant to take the very fluffy dog for a walk. But it’s gotta be done, I s’pose.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Poppetini and daughter!! What a wonderful story!! Tears in my eyes!!

Enjoying my cuppa coffee with cream
    Blood sugar high but in range … will take some Metformin (I thank Metformin and the doctor for this … it is a crutch, but we all need our crutches sometime)
    Will probably go out for a late lunch for my very favorite Corn friend catfish! Within the 800 … but it may be cucumber slices/grape tomatoes for supper. But that’s more than okay.

No sun today … but new furnace is working great. It’s cold here now …. dipping below zero now.
    I am enjoying the ease of reading large print books for now … i think i may get some more!!! Although my Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries by Kerry Greenwood … the Poisen Pen editions are very nice clear print … and emminantly re-readable.
    I know its odd to re-read murder mysteries when i know who dun it … but i enjoy the characters and the writing and Kerry Greenwood is so funny. Recently read and old book by Agatha Christel about her adventures in archaeology with her second husband …. i didn’t know Agatha was so funny!!

• posted by shalimar
    on

P.S. …. when i said Metformin was a crutch …. i just meant that it is for me …. because i can control my blood sugar when i keep to the BSD …. when i overeat then my blood sugar is not controlled.

• posted by Poppetini
    on

Hello all,

Glad you appreciated my daughter’s day too Shalimar. Today, and yesterday, I have struggled. I’ve reached a weightless milestone, I’ve lost a stone in 3 weeks. OMG. I should be jump up and down happy, but instead … as I’ve still got two and a half stones to go … the enormity of the task seems to have hit me. I love that people on the boards have achieved their 8 weeks … and here I am really struggling at two and a half weeks. However, there are positives too:

1. Getting to know my eating habits more has to be a good thing long term… and I literally mean habits. I like to eat as an activity, as a hobby, as a time filler, for fun, for pleasure, for all sorts of reasons tbh. I think this is as much a mental struggle, as I’m really missing food being something that punctuates so much of my day.

2. Yesterday – aside from too many unsalted pistachios, I somehow stayed on track (today has not been a dietary success as I seem to have used all my strength and resolve yesterday).

3. I managed a long dog walk, laundry and ferrying children hither and thither despite feeling pretty low. I am using kindness to self to try to feel the feelings, whilst still doing bits and pieces that need doing.

Here’s to back on track this evening and over the weekend. Happy Friday everyone.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Poppetini πŸ™‚ HUGS HUGS and yet more HUGS

It is a big weight loss ahead for me too …. that’s why i’m even planning 2 stages … Now until Dec. 10th and then start again next year.
    I had a bad eating day today …. I feel like i am not getting anywhere … like i gained almost all of it back. It’s disappointing but i am not ready to give up … as someone said the other day It is a marathon not a sprint. Let’s take heart!!

but the good things are

1. Got to the bank to put in my old age pension check before i bounced stuff!!

2. Got to the used book store, bought a ton of flavored coffee for my Keurig machine (not my idea but my sister’s Christmas present) … but with the flavored ones i do cut down on the added cream a teeeny bit … bought enough toilet paper at Walmart to last until Christmas at least!!

3. Started my Palouse online free mindfulness course … sent in my questionnaire (I had to say some nice things about myself πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ well i HAD to …… but when i did my body scan exercise this morning i just kept coughing … still getting over the cold.

Total fail on mindful eating ……. at the checkout line at Walmart i spotted my favorite chocolates and the thought that i was BSDing totally left my mind. It’s like i totally forgot.

And i was relatively ok in the restaurant … i had salad and chicken … and sweet potato fries as a treat which i thought about and decided yes.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Good morning!!!!!
    I am glad for this thread …. because i have to think hard!! My Blue Jays lost the 1st game. Too many calories yesterday so i have a slight headache.

BUT

1. I probably won’t want to eat anything for hours

2. I already started one of my new used books … regular print but ok … Murder in Mesopotamia by Agatha Christie

3. Nice hot morning coffee and cream

• posted by Bentley
    on

Positive thoughts for today
    Had a great walk with my sausage dog and other sausage dog owners, made me laugh for 1 1/2 hours!
    The sun is shining and Autumn is glorious – and I gathered Sweet chestnuts to make jam for Christmas.
    I was starving when I came back form lunch but I stuck to the diet and made the avo and feta with lime juice and I feel better πŸ™‚

• posted by shalimar
    on

Found my dentures without having to go through the garbage in great detail!!

Had a good sleep …. and i am almost at the point of finding out who done it in Murder in Mesopotania

I thought a heard a big crash/noise last night outside the house and wondered if i should be scared …. found out it was likely my stack of a hundred paperbacks had fallen over in my bedroom!!!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Guess i was not feeling too many positive thoughts yesterday!!!

My Blue Jays baseball team is now 1 game away from elimination …. BUT

1. My laxative worked …. and yes i actually ate about 1 cup of chia seeds … they have a nice crunch and no taste … but hurray for Ex Lax

2. Got off my duff today and picked up Gary Taubes Good calories bad calories (someone here recommended Gary) and a nice large print Agatha Christie at the library.

3. Nice day, some sun, lots of crunch fall leaves all over from the storm the other day. lovely scent in the air … except for the eau de skunk near my house!!

4. Nice snap peas and rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.

5. Nice to have a library branch and grocery store and even a couple of restaurants in easy walking distance … even though i take the bus when lots of books are involved.

5. I feel in charge again… like i had a fever for days!! Sick, too much laying around. Totally blew the BSD yesterday!!! I feel better.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Ah ….
    6. Blue Jays won today …. they just have to win all of the next 3 games!!

• posted by oldbluejeans
    on

REALLY positive thoughts today:
    1) Went window shopping for a dress for my 70th birthday party in November. Not a big fan of Phase Eight clothes but hanging on the rail in House of Fraser was a slinky black number so for a laugh I thought I’d try it on and see how much of my body I could squeeze into it. Guess what? – it fitted perfectly, so well I double checked the label to make sure it was right! It’s now in hanging in my wardrobe along with various other items which I bought and are size M for Medium instead of L (or even XL).

2) Got back home to find my makeup from Look Fabulous Forever had arrived so I feel like a 10 year old trying makeup and clothes on. LFF has some great makeup tips online and videos on youtube – geared towards the more mature person. You don’t have to buy their make up to see tips or videos. Definitely worked for me.

3) Other half is actively encouraging me to buy clothes so he must believe that I’ve at long last found an eating plan I can stick to.

I am a very happy bunny today!

(was 85kg at the beginning of July, now 70kg with a few still to go – been doing BSD 800 for around 14 weeks and several of those weeks have been hotel based while working away)

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

Congratulations oldbluejeans both on the weight loss and birthday. Positive thoughts indeed. I’m 70 next February and am planning 3 parties! So dress shopping for me too. It does feel good to do these things doesn’t it?

My positive thoughts today.
    Mr BB seems serious about wanting to tackle his weight & blood sugar issues. Wake up call from the surgery on Tuesday. He sent for the books.

The summer duvets were washed today & put away so Autumn is officially here – I love Autumn.

4 weeks in and 11lbs down today. Stalled last week but the scales started moving again yesterday. But the best thing – the stall didn’t impact on my motivation which is still at a high level.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Congrats oldbluejeans and Billingebabe!!!

I’m only a little behind you all at age 67.

I love autumn too!!! I like it a bit cooler … and the leaves on the trees changing colors make walks so lovely.
    I will likely have to buy new clothes for my birthday next August … as i should be about 70-80 pounds slimmer. While i do have lots of clothes i can’t squeeze into yet … none of them are shorts and summer stuff!!
    My good things for today

1. My mindfulness body scan has made me appreciate my body now … i love that every part of my body is doing the best it can … when often i am not doing my best to help it out!! Thank you body!!

2. A question here led me to a great new website on keto … which actually explains a few things some of us are experiencing (because this is also low simple carbs) … like why plateaux are only natural …
    https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/keto_in_a_nutshell

3. The Blue Jays MAY win another game …. and then who knows. πŸ™‚

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Old blue jeans

So delighted for you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done OBJ and BILLINGEBABE! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» xx

• posted by Timmy
    on

Apart from feeling rough as a badgers ar$e…..

1) I can now do wide grip pull ups (managed 5 yesterday). I haven’t been able to do those for about 15 years! Combination of being stronger and weighing less.

2) I’ve got a fairly empty (read relaxing) weekend coming up

3) As of tomorrow we have a village pub again (could be positive and negative, lol).

• posted by Sumo
    on

Hi Timmy

The last time I wide grip pull up was over 40 years ago, so I will save that one for later?

Good thought the scales are not broken, they just did not want to please me for a few days?

My tape measure can now be 5 inches smaller than a month ago, and still be useable

Dog walk and aqua fit to night

• posted by shalimar
    on

Love the positives/negatives πŸ™‚

1. Even though i woke up with a headache i am making friends with my body thanks to the Body Scans at the Palouse free mindfulness site. Like a good friend my body does tell me when i am not helping it so it can help me!! For instance a sugar binge yesterday.

2. The 9 attitudes video by Jon Kabat Zinn was so helpful … even with BSD. So much easier to practice these attidutes and relax!!
    p.s. you can google this and see it in short segments or do the 26 minutes in 1 go here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n7FOBFMvXg

3. I am meeting a friend for supper in a few hours … we are going to have at least 1 glass of wine! But i got up so late and had breakfast/lunch of a couple of pills for the headache … i have lots of calories to spend!! My body is helping me by allowing me to shut off its pain signals with some meds.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks SHALIMAR! Will give the vid and the Body Scans a go.
    enjoy spending yr cals on yr supper out. X
    I ve just visited two of my old neighbours and friends. One of them kept exclaiming about how much slimmer i look since she alst saw me two months ago.
    Apart from my DD giving moral support,only one other person, aside from today, has commented on my 3 stone loss!
    Its great that my tum is flatter,my face,wrists,fingers,shoulders are slimmer..but i’ m still dragging a big a**se behind me! Which makes me look a bit out of proportion πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„! X

• posted by shalimar
    on

Yowzer49 …. you do know that some people have injections in their arses to make them bigger!!!! Just think … there are people out there who want yours!!!

Almost ready to leave …. new bra fits (with an extender) … but it does fit!!! LOL

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

They can have mine any day SHALIMAR,but thanks for yr kind comment!

Oh i’ m pleased i’ m not the only one who uses bra extenders! Have a fabaroony evening xx

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

Shalimar I loved the body scan when I did my course. I did however get the giggles when someone lying next to me dozed off and snored! Although I do the breathing I rarely make time for the body scan but maybe I should do at least a couple of times a week. I also like mindful walking as we have some great countryside and a beach near where I live. Yowzer – I too carry a lot behind me but I am very attached to it. Some women end up with flat arses as they get older and don’t fill their trousers out nicely. Value your arse!
    Positive things
    Mr BB is starting the BSD with me and marked out the recipes he fancies. His shopping list yesterday included orange juice and I needed to point out that was not a good thing – and he took it off.
    Yesterday scales indicated another 2lbs off!
    Out tonight at a fundraising dinner with friends we don”t know well but would like to know better. Wearing one of my new dresses! And pink suede shoes.

• posted by Orangeblossom
    on

Things I’m grateful for:

This BSD is making me try new foods and realising i quite like them.

Having the courage to experiment with new foods after having tummy surgery in the past

That there’s lots of things I already enjoy like greek yoghurt and dark choc, and realising I’m not missing the sugar / carbs and those feelings of up and down blood sugar at all.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Billingebabe …. PINK suede shoes!! Gotta love that!!

Orangeblossom … i’ve been enjoying some new foods as well!!

Loved my dinner and drinks out with my friend. On the way home i tripped and injured my shoulder!! Bummer … perhaps the universe is trying to get my attention???? I did meet 2 very nice ladies …. one was a physiotherapist and she eventually got me upright … and then another woman drove us both home … perhaps a new friend because it turns out she lived yards from my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Met 2 wonderful ladies!!!
    2. Had a great time with my friend ….we are so in sync with books and dvd’s we are always exchanging
    3. Got so involved with the Palouse mindfulness stuff i didn’t hardly watch any tv at all …. which i tend to do far too much of

Going to try and get back on BSD track ….. even if i can’t get my bathing suit on to go to aquabics (shoulder injury) i can go for walks …. and with the fall colours it is nice to walk these days.

• posted by Sumo
    on

1. We are only human, messing things up one at a time is in our nature, to really mess ups requires a computer, forgive yourself for being human and remember to try and do better next time?
    2. One bad day a week is better than 7 bad days a week, but if the best you achieve is one good day take that and enjoy. If you have a bad week, there is always another to do better in just around the corner?
    3. When you feel like reaching for the biscuit tin, count to ten and pick up an apple, probably about the same Cals but less carbs and more filling

• posted by Snoop
    on

Thanks, Sumo. I need to keep those three points in mind!

• posted by Sumo
    on

Thanks snoop, you may have guessed I screw up and have temptations run through my head often, so I forgive myself and move on.
    It’s not how many times you screw up or how often you are influenced by temptations, it is what you do about them and what can be learned, there is no point in re-inventing the wheel, just be happy someone took that potential to screw up away?

• posted by shalimar
    on

Sumo HUGS …. love your 3 points

1. It really is all relative ………… I am thrilled today …. i weigh 235 pounds …. and i had thought after 3 weeks of being sick, eating incorrectly, etc. that i had gone back up to 245 or 250!!!

2. My A1c reading of a little above 7 percent is almost at the high end of acceptable range for a diabetic.

3. I think my shoulder is getting less painful and i can resume aquabics sometime this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted by Sumo
    on

Went to Aqua fit last night first time in 2 weeks after feeling UURRR.
    Must admit I did not feel up to Aqua fit, stiff aching.
    I thought about the never give up and never say never attitude and went for it, very gently, by the end I had loosened up and the stiffness and aching had gone
    My thought for the day is a little bit of exercise and adrenalin does you the world of good?

• posted by shalimar
    on

I find aquafit classes too hard …. i just do some on my own for about an hour, or more.

1. Cauliflower is on sale!

2. Am up in the middle of the night here …. but this way i get to “talk” with more people online.

3. …. to be determined πŸ™‚

• posted by Sumo
    on

Shalimar keep up the good work

Our local Gym/pool does aqua fit for the less able during the working day, but as I work, I go to the evening classes and do what I can, this morning stiffness back but not as bad as before and knee definitely have more movement.
    My wife finds Aqua fit to hard so she practices Hydro Therapy exercises she has been given and uses the tuning table gym. (Toning tables = machines that do the movement) The tables will exercise all core muscle groups very gently, can be used by those with total muscle waste or damage to rebuild and retrain the muscles on how to move?
    Keep up the exercise anything is better than nothing.
    The old guys at the gym 80’s – 90’s tell me use it or lose it, and they look fairly active for their age?

Please log in or register to post a reply.