Over the week 23 line

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Frog
    on

Morning Lynne

I didn’t quite emulate your holiday success when I was away last week – but I only put a pound on, and now more than a kilo below when I went away – 8 kilos altogether in five weeks.
    Your comments about the stotties and carbs reminded me that I did see a shop advertising fried pizza (with chips) when I was away – not remotely tempted – I don’t think I would have been pre BSD.
    Now the shop that had won prizes for “Scotland’s best cake” on the other hand was a challenge that I didn’t resist!
    The award was thoroughly deserved (not that I tried loads of others elsewhere to test that!)

have a good day

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lynne! 68lbs!!!!! Utterly amazing! πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Frog

A few years ago I was in the USA, in a town where everything was deep fried. On the menu was deep fried chocolate brownie😱 You’re doing really well πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Judith. Good to see you back πŸ˜ƒ Update – another 2 pounds off means I have now lost 5 stone (70 pounds).

Two interesting conversations yesterday and today. Yesterday the Health Educator came to speak to the ladies’ group, bringing an exercise lady with her. We started off with ‘healthy eating’. From our conversation beforehand I knew she was happy with what I was doing and is amazed at my weight loss to date. But when they were talking to the group she was singing from the official hymn sheet. Later I told her Indidnt agree with some of what she said, but kept quiet.

Today I went for retinopathy check (still wearing sunglasses as Inwrite this😳). Was told I’m a ‘good girl’😱 The lady seemed to know about Prof Taylor and Dr Mosley and was interested in what I’m doing. I told her about the petition too. She said that so many diabetics she sees in the department do nothing to help themselves.

Next interesting conversation will either be on 14th July when bloods taken or on 21st July when I go for results and diabetes review. 😳

• posted by captainlynne
    on

*Happy dance*

This morning my weight starts with a 10 πŸ˜ƒ. I can’t remember the last time I saw that figure in relation to my weight. Started at 16 stone, today it’s 10 st 13lb πŸ˜ƒ. Another milestone on my journey!!!

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Lynne,
    What a wonderful day – I bet you’ll drift around in a warm glow all day.
    Bravo.
    Do you think that we’ll eventually need a thread for those who have reached their ultimate target?
    From my experience that’s when the REAL difficulties start.
    John

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations Captainlynne!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

So well done, what a fabulous fabulous milestone!!

I am thrilled for you – and I should say that whilst you are an inspiration for those with lots to lose, you are also inspiring me for my last (of the 8 weeks) push to lose my final 4lbs to target. Shan’t give up.

Thank you and wishing you onwards and downwards. πŸ™‚

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

String breaker – I know what you mean, whilst I think a lot of people have in their heads what to do with this complete lifestyle change after they reach target, it could possibly be more difficult to manage.

I intend to try the 5:2 with 50-75g of carbs each day and less calories/20g carbs on the 2 fast days. My brother (who travels a lot abroad for work) finds that not eating at all on the 2 is easiest to handle for him. The difference I will make to my version is continuing to keep low carb, and of course no refined.

But OH and I still discussing how to get the fat into the diet on a regular basis so we get the 5 day calories without lots of carbs or too much protein. Intensive menu explorations going on here.

May well be worthwhile another thread in the future!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks John πŸ˜ƒ

I think there are already people who have reached their target weights, but many have disappeared from the forum.

Old timers like me have had a substantial amount of weight to lose. Perhaps one advantage of that is the amount of time it takes to lose the weight means we get into the habit of eating healthily.

For me, currently 7 months into the journey, the changes I have made to what I eat and drink still amaze me. I still face challenges, but can usually find ways around them. I have to accept that this is the way I eat not only now but for the future. Not only for me and my health, but to prove to the sceptics that this not only works but is sustainable.

An interesting question about a thread. I’ve settled into a pattern of starting a new thread after each 8 weeks and the next one is after 32 weeks. Posting on here certainly helps me keep my focus πŸ˜ƒ. I had thought about keeping to that pattern after I reach my target, but may start a ‘target’ thread too. I’ve a few weeks to think about it. Roughly another stone to lose. Was heading for 9.7 as that’s what medics had always said – but at 66 is that reasonable? And a healthcare professional a few days ago said that would be too low. Top of my ideal weight BMI is 9.11, but the alternative figure of weight for age is 10.3. Being stubborn (Who? Me?) I’d quite like my weight to start with a 9😳 So there’s some wriggle room there. I’ll just keep on going until I’m closer to those numbers before making the decision.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Well done captainlynne
    You have done so well to reach the milestone that starts with a 10.
    I am loving being there…. in a place I’ve probably not been for around 30 years.

Happy dance all round…….we all now have the energy to do one!!!!!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Captainlynne- don’t let your age have any effect on the weight you want to end up at. Why should it?

There is no rule – as you well know – about the weight you “should be” at any age, so long as you are healthy and feel well.

I’m sure your “health professional” meant well but how reliable are lots of “health professionals” who are still saying the BSD doesn’t work, stick to the carbs?

You should carry on until YOU are happy.

Spoken as one who has a 9stone target only 4 lbs away.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Lynne
    just stay at a weight you feel comfortable at.
    They tell me I should be 10 stone something but I would be far too skinny. I think 12 stone is a reasonable target for me ATM so that’s where I’m headed and I’ll reassess things if and when I get there.

• posted by Trees
    on

Well done Lynn

I thought something exciting was going on as my I pad has been dinging more than usual this morning !! I am so thrilled for you as we are on the ‘ same path’ weight loss wise and totally understand your joy and happiness — well done you..

Thursday is my day for recording my weight lose and I have have crossed a mile stone this morning of 5 stone in week 24 and I think I have 1 stone 10 lbs to go.

The weather might not be sunny — but we are……

Well done happy Thursday to you…x

Patrice

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    Well done, I’m so pleased for you, and like all the other members, I agree, do what you feel is comfortable, it’s your life, your body, so only you know how you feel!
    A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to match your weight loss.
    Christine.

on

To pursue the subject of how to keep it up if I reach my target….

Although I would not call losing a substantial amount of weight “easy” (although the BSD has come pretty close) I find that I can do it once I’m “in the zone”. Over the last 30 years or so I’ve had probably 8-10 major efforts when I’ve lost 3 stones or more. At the beginning of almost every year I find myself overweight and determine to do something about it. Some years it works and others I just have not been able to get into the zone. The BSD has been the easiest “regime” I’ve ever done, but actually not the most successful – one year I lost 55 lbs which is more than I have to lose this time.

However: – the final result has always been the same. Once I reach (or usually nearly reach) my goal, something in my head switches off. At first it’s in a small way, but then over the next 2 years or so on goes the weight again. Food “blackouts” recurr and I just can’t control my eating. The BSD has certainly given me by far the best basic food plan for ongoing adoption, but a recent month or so of temptation proved to me that I am not out of the woods. All the old dragons are still lurking. Well – perhaps not “all” – when I have had food “blackouts” they involved much better food – a sandwich for example, instead of a cornish pasty.

The answer really is in my head – I know that, but I don’t know how to keep that important little switch in the “on” position. I haven’t really studied “Mindfulness” – is there perhaps some help to be had there? – Anyone found that helpful?

One factor in my recent mini-downfall was experimentally isolating myself from you all. I think it was Lynne who said earlier today that many of those who have reached their targets have “disappeared” from the forums. I think that this group could actually be more useful and supportive post target than it has been up to now. I guess none of you would be here if you really knew the answer as we’ve all recently been overweight, but perhaps we ought to start discussing strategies for keeping on the straight and narrow.

Sorry for such a long post, but for me the few months after target (9 lbs away πŸ™‚ will be probably more important than the year to date.

Any thoughts?

John

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi stringbreaker,
    Lightbulb moment! I am also struggling with what to do after my final weight is reached, although I have been under the weather for a few weeks I am also struggling with the same issues as you are!
    I know for instance that I am addicted (still!) to sugar, and will quite easily go back to my old ways if I don’t keep ‘on top’ of my eating,
    Mindfulness is something that has to be practiced, it’s a bit like cognitive behavioural therapy, stopping that inner voice that tells you, ‘ oh go on have a cake/biscuit/chocolate bar’ whatever your nemesis is! That is a VERY basic idea of what it is about.
    I also agree with you that we need the people who have reached their goal to help out with what happened to them after!
    All food for thought though isn’t it? Not much battery left so will have a think, read your post again and see if I can add anything? Cheers
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks everyone. Another high spot if I may. Today I was able to double cross my legs – cross legs, then tuck top foot behind other ankle. It’s the first time I’ve been able to do that in many a long year πŸ˜ƒ

John, thank you for your post. I’ll try to add something to the discussion.

I’ve been on diets for about 55 years, with varying degrees of success. But only ever reached my target on probably two occasions, and one of those I’d been ill with stress and couldn’t eat! I must have spent a fortune at slimming clubs over the years. Many times I left whichever club I was attending because I had to choose paying the club or buying food that week. Looking back it seems that the clubs encouraged me to buy their products but never taught me how to eat healthily. All that counting – points, syns or whatever – meant a constant focus on what I was going to eat. It was never going to be sustainable long-term.

When I went on holiday I’d ‘treat’ myself – after all, don’t I deserve a treat after all the hard work I’d put in. Then come home having gained weight, which took ages to lose again. Same at Christmas and other celebrations. When I visit people they usually offer me something to eat with a coffee. If I tried to refuse, they’d insist, so I’d eat it even if I didn’t want it. Well, you can’t offend people.

So, fast forward to BSD days.

The fridge and freezer are full of real food, not packaged meals. I still count calories but my main focus is on staying low carb. As I’ve travelled this journey I’ve kept learning. The first time I was on holiday I came home with a slight gain which disappeared quickly. I realised that my portion control hadn’t been great so I’ve paid more attention to that.

Now I have a life – I can focus on things other than food. Yes, I still record what I eat, and medical test results. But it takes a lot less time than working out points or syns.

It seems that health issues have been a great incentive for me. Possibly combined with a stubborn streak, making me determined to prove those who say I should eat carbs wrong. I never thought I would ignore the bread basket on the restaurant table, but I do. I never thought I’d drink water instead of diet fizzy drinks, but I do. My tastes in good have changed.

Perhaps because of the amount of weight I needed to lose, the journey has taken a while (but nowhere near as long as with slimming clubs. That has helped fix the BSD way of eating in my mind and body.

I will probably stop calorie counting soon, on experimental basis, just staying low carb like I now do on holiday. But I’ll continue writing everything down. I find that really helps.

For some reason the high carb foods I used to enjoy so much, and which made me so ill have no appeal now.

At the moment my thinking is that when I get to my target (whatever that will finally be) I’ll stay low carb, recording everything I eat, and following the Mediterranean style of eating.

The two things that help me most are writing everything down and posting on these forums. It must be accountability!

Sorry for the long post – I was working it out as I typed.

on

Christie & Lynne,

Thanks so much for thoughtful postings. I think my best strategy is to keep in touch on these forums.

Maybe if Lynne sets up a “Target Achieved” we could all “weigh in” on the first of each Month. I’m always better when I know I have to ‘fess up. I need stick and carrot.

John

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi All,
    Great discussion here about how to maintain this lifestyle.
    For me the key has been to keep my favourite low carb foods/ recipes at the ready. We have so many food choices available to us that it’s easy to overlook the ‘old faithfuls’. Lynne makes a really valid point here about how long she has been doing the BSD. Her food habits are now so deeply entrenched that it’s unlikely she’ll stray once she reaches her goal weight. For those only doing the 8 weeks or a bit more, it will be harder to maintain those healthy eating habits.
    I did the BSD for controlling my diabetes, not weight loss, so I can contribute to how to maintain weight while eating healthily.
    β€’ I have an exercise book in which I write the low carb recipes that my family enjoy. I do add to it as we try new things but it is my reference book for shopping and cooking. Stick with the recipes and foods you enjoyed on the BSD but keep exploring low carb options to add variety. If you keep low carb foods at the forefront of your mind you won’t be so likely to weaken when you’re stuck for ideas or time.
    β€’ Don’t buy non BSD type foods for guests or special occasions! If it’s in your house there is every possibility that you will eat it. Make or buy something that doesn’t appeal to you, or whip up a low carb treat instead. We are all only human and do get tempted. If you eat something naughty while you are out it’s over and done with, but if it’s in your home you can keep going back to it ( and probably will).
    β€’ Stick with low carb but increase your calories to the point where you are maintaining weight. You can eat more of the good stuff like nuts, cheese, oils etc that might otherwise blow the 800 cal budget. Try not to increase portion sizes as your appetite will increase accordingly.
    β€’ Remember that you can only do high fat if you are eating low carb! If you increase carbs too much you will no longer be burning fat for energy and will be in danger of cholesterol problems and weight gain.
    Hope this helps to generate more discussion on what helps others. I think the biggest mistake any of us could make is to view the BSD as a finite thing. Whether we have done it for blood sugar control or weight loss, it has to be a lifelong commitment or we can end up back where we started.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Captainlynne
    We feel we need to follow your lead on all things BSD as you are such an inspiration……so how about a ‘ target weight’ topic?
    Feel reluctant to start one myself……..I fear responsibility!!!!
    I am 2lbs off my Target weight and have to confess….. I have reached the magical figure that starts with 9 stone!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi captainlynne,
    Once again I’m singing your praises “La la la la laaaaaa”. Keep inspiring us.
    I still have a way to go on my journey but one thing that helps me is reading the forums.
    Your changing threads every 8 weeks has been innovative and also helps the readers visualise where you are on your journey.

Thanks for the ideas Cherrianne. I’m not at maintenance but every bit of information is helpful. I’ve been doing BSD 5:2 since 28th May and certainly my plan when I reach my target is to continue to eat low carb med style but obviously maintain my target weight. Thanks for the tips.

“Ay caramba”, ay caramba…..you are sooooo close to your target weight. Congratulations on reaching the 9’s.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks once again, Captain Lynne!
    You really are the leader of the pack here and I feel not only I, but so many of us, look to you for inspiration as we move along our path.
    Today I start week 10 on BSD 800 and it’s been a really great journey. I hit a plateau this week but it doesn’t really bother me since reading everybody else’s post and knowing that it’s normal.
    Thanks for being an inspiration!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi ay caramba,
    Well done, 2lb? Wow where will you go from there? And, And, you have reached that magic number 9!

I can only dream of 9 I have a way to go yet, not sure for my height what is my ideal weight, I am looking at 11 something, although I am doing my weight loss in increments, so my next target is to see the magic number which starts with 11!
    Well done you, keep us posted on that last two pounds.
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi cherrianne,

I love some of your comments and would love to be able to follow them all, however, I live with two other people, both of which like their bread, rice and chips, not to mention crisps, chocolate, cream cakes etc, you get where I’m coming from?
    I am normally quite strong in resisting such delights! However, and ironically, when I am under the weather I find it difficult! I have succumbed to the odd chip, and a square of chocolate here and there!
    At the moment I am having to deal with a virus and an upset tummy, it’s like when I have had a diverticular attack in the past! The things I normally eat when I have an attack is very bland food rice and chicken, toast, no dairy! So I am having to think outside the box, I have only just taken control of how I feel and am trying to do what I need to get back to full health and back on target.
    I also try to keep my carbs as low a possible, hit and miss at the moment I’m afraid! I will read your post again and try and put some of it into action, thank you for the ideas.
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Christine

I’ve posted a reply to you from Judith on another thread. She’s away and can’t access the forum on her phone.

Just a thought – sometimes I react badly to chicken and wonder if this could be part of the problem?

Hope you’re starting to feel better.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Weigh in this morning shows 3 pounds gone since last Saturday, total to date now 71 pounds.

As I said a few days ago, my weight now starts with a 10 instead of 16 πŸ˜ƒ

My BMI is now 27.9 and my dress size is still shrinking. πŸ˜ƒ Note to self – find new clothes shop with BHS closing soon. 😱

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi all,
    Daily mail today page 46, a doctor Aseem Malhotra has an article about low carb high fat diet , haven’t read it all, however looks very similar to the bsd diet, worth a read?
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine

Read it on the bus earlier. Sounds very like the BSD. Well worth a read. They’re going to print some recipes.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Christi1948
    Hope you are feeling better today……..sending virtual hugs!!!!!

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Christine,
    I really hope you are feeling better soon. Just wondering if some yoghurt, full of probiotics, would help your upset tummy if it’s something dodgy you’ve eaten? Another random thought, have you taken nurofen or other antinflammatory meds as they can cause similar problems?
    It is hard when you have to feed other family members something that you shouldn’t eat. Baking then freezing cakes in individual servings can be helpful. Asking family not to bring their chocolate or whatever home but to eat it while they’re out might help you too. Making sure you have low carb alternatives available to your biggest temptations does help also. I don’t know if you are on Pinterest but there is an amazing number of low carb recipes on there that are great substitutes for just about everything. Some things are always going to be hard to resist ( I’m ok until a bag of crisps is opened and then I’m so weak lol, just ask Judith) but if you buy them infrequently or in smaller packs/ individual serves you won’t do as much damage.
    I remind myself that controlling my blood sugars and staying healthy is the most important reason for not eating whatever is tempting me. Since doing the BSD the sweet stuff doesn’t bother me at all, but I do find crisps and crackers harder to resist. Crisps don’t seem to affect my blood sugar as much as other carbs, so an occasional indulgence hasn’t been too bad.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi cherrianne,
    Light bulb moment! Yes I had to take ibuprofen for the pain in my legs, back and sciatic nerve problem, I don’t normally take it because of my diverticulitis, however had to resort to it as a last resort as I was in so much pain, ( I had to get up one morning at 5.30 am and just walk around the house for and hour)! So the following evening I took the tablets!
    I never gave it a thought! Thank you, however I am already trying to do what I normally do when I have a bout of diverticulitis, just can’t have rice or white bread, that usually works for me!
    I was only thinking this morning that I would have to get some probiotic yogurt, I normally steer clear of dairy, (milk mainly) as it seems to slow down the healing, I don’t know why? So I will be getting some of that shortly.
    Yes I’m on Pinterest so I will take a look.
    At the garden party today there was only strawberries and cream that I could have! There were white and brown bread sarnies, quiche, pork pies, sausage rolls, and a tiny bowl of salad! Then of course cakes, biscuits, tray bakes, scones. I had something before I went then had a few strawberries with cream, so that was ok.
    Funnily enough I wasn’t tempted by any of it? That might have something to do with not feeling great still though?
    Thank you so much for your response, I really must remember that the purpose of this forum is to help each other out, and not struggle online, which is what I did for a few weeks!
    We have relatives in Perth, and friends in Melbourne, Fred in Melbourne keeps asking us when we are going over again! We went over in 2008, had a great time, so Perth then flew to Melbourne, we packed so much into five weeks, still want to go back and do Urulu?, Alice springs, and the Great Barrier Reef, maybe one day my wish will come true. Thanks again, you have been most helpful.
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine

Your church garden party sounds just like the parties we have. Except nobody ever brings salad to ours 😱 Or strawberries and cream! But they do bring corned beef pie 😳 . I think every congregation must work from a template with slight local variations πŸ˜ƒ

Hope you’re feeling better – well done on getting to the garden party πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi ay caramba,
    Thank you, last night I had a bit of an upset tum plus heartburn! I haven’t had that since I started the diet! we went to a garden party at the church, nothing for me to eat except strawberries and cream!
    When I got back I looked at the forum, cherrianne asked if I had taken any anti inflammatory tablets? Well I had and completely forgot, I don’t normally take them as they upset my stomach!! However I had got to the stage where I had to take something I was in so much pain! Now I know what is wrong I can do something about it, so thank you for thinking about me, it is appreciated.
    I feel such a numpty! But because I haven’t had to take ibuprofen for so long I forgot it didn’t suit me!
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,

It’s the one event at church that I go to and not to help but to enjoy, I had something to eat before I went so I was ok, they always do strawberries and cream at the garden party, it’s not a fund raiser, it’s a community get together, of course someone has to plan it and get it ready, however not me for once!
    Cherrianne has got in touch and I think I know now what went wrong! So I can now do something about it, thanks for the good wishes.
    Christine

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Christine
    Just read the article and also shared it on my Facebook page. It’s very similar to what we are all doing.
    The more people that we can spread the word to the betterπŸ˜€
    Thanks for the tip!
    Linda

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi LindaA,
    I have had a chance to read the article last night, it made for very interesting reading, I am looking forward to seeing how the recipes for low carb food stack up against the bsd recipes!
    I think anything that helps us keep the carbs and calories down, therefore ensuring weight loss can’t be a bad thing.
    Hope you are doing ok on the weight loss?
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne, and Judith,
    I have had an ok day today with my tum, a bit of heartburn, which is definitely due to the anti-inflammatory tablets I took for my back pain!
    I have also felt OK generally, still aching, however that could be the left over ache from the sciatic problem I’ve had for over 40 years, so I think I’m over the hill and on the right road to recovery, I certainly feel a lot better, thank you for your help and concern.
    Christine

on

ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES

I had a long bout of anti-inflammatories some years ago – I was on them pretty much for a year or so.

It’s usually recommended to take a special pill designed to counteract the known effects of anti-inflamm on the stomach. There are several available – they usually seem to end win “azole”. The ones I take are “Omeprazole”. I think they are only available on prescription but I think they’re fairly cheap, so I don’t think any doctor would feel the strain on the drugs budget.

You take this pill an hour or so prior to your first anti-inflam of the day, and then do make sure that you take the anti-inflam with food – not on it’s own.

Obviously I am a pure layman, and this should all be checked with a doctor first, but that’s what I’ve been told, and stuck to.

It’s worked pretty well for me and setbacks were minimal – any heartburn/indigestion I suffered was usally traceable to badly chosen food. At the end of the year I was having to be pretty careful what bread I ate – rye seemed to be about the best. I also couldn’t handle bananas. However, years on from then, my digestion has pretty much recovered.

Hope that helps.

John

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Glad you’re feeling better Christine b

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi stringbreaker,
    Thank you for your concern.
    I already take omeprezole for my stomach, caused my too many anti-inflamatories, taken over many years due to the pain in my sciatic nerve! Had loads of test and ended up on heavy doses of omeprezole to counteract the damage done my the ibuprofen!
    I now only take one omeprezole a day and since I have been on this diet I don’t get any ill effects, like heartburn and tummy upsets, which are linked also to the fact I have diverticular problems.
    I have had a reacurance of my sciatic pain, which I take amitriptyline for, when I went to the doctors he increased those tablets, however I still get risidual pain sometimes.
    It is so long since I have had this kind of pain I forgot that I couldn’t have ibuprofen! What makes it worse is my daughter is a pharmacist and is always telling what I should be doing!
    It took me a while to get there but I did in the end!
    Thanks again.
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    Thank you πŸ™‚

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Christi1948
    Yes, all good Christine.
    I admit I’m very focused and driven and have followed this new way of life to the letter.
    I’ll have completed 12 weeks by end of tomorrow and as of this morning, I’m 17.2kg down. I’ve got about 8kg to go, then I’ll do what Hashimito has done and keep the sugars and simple carbs out of my diet and just increase my calories until I can work out what I need to do to maintain my weight.
    Are you happy with your weight loss progress?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi LindaA,
    I have had a bit of a hiatus with my weight loss, illness, being away and plateaus have meant that I have been losing ounces not pounds, however I am happy with my weight loss so far so I can’t complain.
    I have had a virus, and not understanding why I wasn’t recovering, being told by doctor that it was linked to Virus! Then one of the forum posters, cherrianne, I think it was solved my problem, it’s too long and boring to go Into!
    I am now back on track feeling SO much better, it’s amazing that I struggled for about a month, not posting, feeling awful, finally I did post and got my answers almost immediately, so one word of advice, if you have a problem, get on the forum, it works!
    We are out for a meal tonight, at an Italian restaurant! I will be having steak and salad, it’s a joint 70th birthday for my hubby and two friends, they all went to uni together, and we have stayed friends ever since.
    I have decided to keep on losing slowly until I’m happy with my weight, then possibly do the 5-2, I haven’t decide finally yet though.
    I admire your determination, I wish I was so strong, keep on keeping on!
    Christine

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Glad you are feeling better Christine and thank you all for the info re antiinflammatories as as I didn’t know they hurt our stomachs. I haven’t taken any for a while but it’s great information to know for sure!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Christine
    How did your celebratory dinner go the other night? Still feeling better?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi LindaA,
    We had a great evening, the meal was excellent, I had portobello mushroom with mozzarella cheese and salad, then sirloin steak and salad, no pudd! Even though I love tiramisu, we all came back to ours for coffee, a snifter of whisky for the guys not driving, and a good old natter, so all good. No weight increase on the morning either, so result!
    I do have a bit of tummy trouble on and off, it gets longer between bouts, so I am getting better, and not feeling bad any other way, just have to cope with the damaged nerve pain and the odd tummy upset, otherwise all good.
    Thank you for asking.
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi happyLife,
    Thank you for your concern, as to the anti inflamatories, I was taking them for a long time, three times a day! And as I already had a stomach condition, (diverticular) it made it much worse, in the end I went private to get help and it worked, I haven’t been troubled since then!
    How is your journey going on this diet?
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi everyone.

Hard to believe, but today is end of week 29 😱

Another 3 pounds has disappeared, making a total to date of 74 pounds. πŸ˜ƒ

Decided to check my waist measurement because I’ve had to take in skirts and trousers. And ….. since starting, my waist has shrunk by “drum roll” 16 inchesπŸ˜ƒ No, not a typo – sixteen inches!!!!!

But – still more weight to lose. Not much more to go. Probably between 7 and 17 pounds, depending on what I decide is my target.

I’m going to be fitted for a new uniform in mid August, so won’t want to change weight much after that. So weight at week 34/35 should be really close to target.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi there.
    Wowser, a new you emerging, I expect your life has changed beyond recognition, I am on week 2 day 4 and 14lbs down, haven’t had one side effect other than concerns the fat pixies are having a joke and waiting to ambush me with it all. I’m also in it for the long haul, I had 104 lbs to loose , but you are an amazing role model for this fantastic miraculous way of eating. Thankyou for taking the time to blog here. Hope you have a happy day, regards jan

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

greenjanet, that is so apt. I get weighed every morning and my weight has gone down by 3.5 lbs in one week – nothing this week yet. I lie in bed a feel where my stomach used to be but still afraid I am going to get weighed and it has all been a dream.

• posted by JCH187
    on

Fat pixies πŸ˜‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.