Over the week 23 line

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Imogen

Sounds like you were with me at the back of the queue when patience was handed out😳 As I’ve got older I seem to have more patience though. Usually! But I still have my moments😳

I was ok with the coconut flour flatbreads, but gram flour has more carbs. I had the courgette bhaji at someone’s house and didn’t react too well – although they were delicious and I really enjoyed them. Don’t think I would use the gram flour myself though. Like you it seems I’m particularly sensitive to some foods. On holiday my friend made a chicken dish with a small quantity of sultanas in it. The dish served the three of us twice. Even the tiny amount of sultanas that finished up on my plate did not agree with me😱

Going back to Italy at the end of October. Wonder if any of the conversations I had with people about why I’m eating this way have had any effect?

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Lynne, I will check it out! I told my cousin about you and how inspirational you are today and she’s going to get on the program as well! Your sparkle shines on and on!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi captainlynn
    Awesome weight loss still. Well done.
    You are going to catch up with me very soon.
    Will have to get a move on as hovering just around a figure starting with a ‘9’. In a long-standing plateau atm.
    Two lots of visitors staying this week and several BBQ’s later I’ve upped my carb count a bit……well that doesn’t work at all!
    Careful week coming up!!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

*newsflash*. Today I have lost 35% of my starting body weightπŸ˜±πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Captainlynne

Congrats. Must feel amazing!
    N.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Wowser captainlynne, we follow in your example.
    😎😎😎

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Oh my gosh Lynne, I shouted out your achievement to my husband – I am so happy for you!!!
    πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Lynne, oh foshbinkeepforgetting to mention that I am so glad you mentioned your taste buds changing. This last week I am drinking espresso (1/4 of one with lots of water) and a little stevia and I love it. It’s very bitter and I never would have had this before ever. It made me think of what you said re your taste buds. I agree!! They clearly change on this program!!

Happy day to you all!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks everyone.

HappyLife – if I buy a coffee while I’m out, I buy espresso. When the barista points out the sugar I tell him I don’t use it – and get some strange looks LOL. Picked up the espresso habit in Italy.

Just found a real Italian cafe in Durham, not part of a chain. When I ordered espresso with a glass of water the man serving me commented that I was drinking it the Italian way πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Lynne, that’s so funny we both do that! Thanks for sharing!

• posted by Fatty
    on

Hello Everyone… you all seems like old friends….

I don’t know what week I am up to… but must be about 20-24 somewhere…. I have been off the air while we have moved home to OZ from Germany… and managed to stay on task so far as the diet goes…. OH has now lost more than 10kg because he just saw how much better my energy levels were and he ate what I served up at night – then changed his breakfast and lunch to avoid feeling the HUGE SLUP in energy that always plagued him after lunches….

SO where am I … no idea what I weigh – as no scales about – and I did not measure… but any rate… I have had to chuck the clothes I did bring home.. and now wear a size 12-14 . and my old stuff was 22-24… so have lost a fair bit. no calorie counting any more.. just very low carb and don’t even want to treat myself to them as they make me feel so so so bad!!!… and I naturally fast about 16 hours every day – I have always dislike breakfasts and so now that I eat by what my body wants – I just don’t eat till I am hungry – about 11-30 to 1-30 ish… so … all good….

Having fun catching up with everyones news… WELL DONE TEAM!!!!!

Cheers
    “Not so very much fat anywhere anymore” FATTY

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Fatty,
    Good to hear you are maintaining your diet even with everything that is going on, well done, I’m afraid I haven’t been as successful as you!
    I have had five weeks of being here there and everywhere, childmind, dog minding and a visit to my brother in France, I was so thirsty one journey that I bought a bottle of Diet Coke, I drank it and within the hour I had a raging headache, and felt awful, so you live and learn whatNOT to eat, I’m still a sucker for chocolate and desserts of life kinds! So I have to be really strict with myself.
    You are in the same realm as captainlynne, who has also lost such a lot, congratulations to you on moving from size 22/24 to 12/14, that is some going!
    Christine

• posted by Fatty
    on

Hi Christine,

Yep I ate “bad” things a ew times and really suffered… Son In Law went on a Sour dough making course… warm fresh bread… with butter and honey… OMG nearly tried to kill me!!!!… could really feel it moving along in my gut.. and the headaches that I always thought were sinus related… Boy am I glad not to have the daily headaches anymore…. I think it is more expensive to live like this – food wise at least… but it just takes a bit of rethinking… like when I am really hungry at lunch time and would have eaten take aways – which are nearly always full of cheap carbs… I now buy a barbecued chicken and eat my fill… just very satisfying … always have a box of nuts about the place and in the car… and water water water… and coffee…. Keep on with it .. it is after all nat a race… just a lifestyle that is doable… ENJOY
    Oh and I have discovered that the 90percent lindt is only 12.5 percent carbs… you can only eat a couple of squares and I find it smoother than the 80-85. Quite enjoyable and keeps the magnesium levels up to aid sleep…. so it is medicinal yeah!!!

Fatty

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’ve noticed my sinus pain and headaches have pretty much disappeared now too. Had always thought they were dairy related, but having ditched the carbs they seem to have some relationship to the sinus problems, as they are really good now – no more pain.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Bril work fatty I’m with you in not wanting the carbs, my memory of feeling nigh on dead, joint pain, exhaustion is still very clear in my mind. 😊😊😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Dear FATTY or should we call you Skinny now!…
    I like yr attitude..,ignoring numbers saves a lot of angst..!
    You must be feeling fabulous in all yr small clothes xx!

• posted by Fatty
    on

You know what Yowser49

Thanks for your interest – but it is an interesting thing for me to be smaller. I never really hated being a fatty – I was very comfy in my body and it never stopped me doing stuff or dressing and looking great…. BUT – the thing is I feel (in my body) so much better. I will stick with it – seems I have happened upon the way my body was designed to be fed…. (slow learner) but there were always so so many rules we were told – especially once one becomes diabetic. Anyway… point being I was a very happy fatty and actually find it a bit odd when I see myself reflected a lot thinner… some sort of body dysmorphia ?? Kind of want to tell people – this is not really me!!! but must be just that I have not been this weight since I was about 15 – so 40 years…. guess I should not be surprised that it is taking a little getting used to….

Cheers

Still a fatty in my mind!!!

• posted by Fatty
    on

Hi Green Janet and Sunny B….

I never in my wildest dreams thought of headaches and sinus as being Carbs related… so simple… but so much part of our daily diet – (used to be) Glad you both feeling so much better too x

Fatty

• posted by Frog
    on

I used to have a wonderful women’s nutrition book that I loved – it was really well written, but had fun bits as well.
    My favourites included that both champagne and dark chocolate contain iron.
    I mentioned this to the GP when I was severely anaemic, but she though I’d be better taking iron tablets.
    Just had a look for it, but can’t spot it on the shelves,

• posted by Carolg
    on

Thought I was at the end of 24weeks but it’s 25, so 71.25lbs (5st 1.25lbs) down That’s unbelievable!
    Nearly halfway there – not that I’m setting such a big target. One week or day at a time.
    It’s strange to think I’m proud of nearly reaching your starting weight Lynne. You are doing so well Gratz on the 32 week new forum I’ll be joining it in a few weeks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.