ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning JANUARY 15, 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

All, Allie and Wendy have found themselves to be blocked from the site for some reason! Sure it’s a technical glitch but I’m setting up the weekly challenge on theirs and Verano’s behalf. Hopefully we’ll see them all posting again soon. Meanwhile, good luck everyone for the next 7 days!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Wow, I hope that get sorted out soon!
    My aims for this week are to keep the momentum from last week- half a kilo gone, not that much but I don’t lose quickly ever. I had made a decision a few months ago to reduce my reliance on the scales and only check once or twice a month- dismayed to find a two kilo gain after Christmas so back to daily weighing to keep an eye on things.

I’m really enjoying the discipline of 800cal after a year of maintaining where I kept to the principles no problem but found myself snacking between meals- cheese or a spoonful of yoghurt, I didn’t even have to be hungry! a glass of wine in the evening more often than not- I hadn’t realised until I committed to going back to basics how far I had strayed.

Best of luck to everyone for the week and Verano, I hope things continue to improve for you.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good early morning to all of you! My techno problems seem to have resolved themselves after a few hrs.,
    so it’s good to be firmly re installed on this thread…I hope Wendy will find a similar result when she tries
    to log on this morning 🙂 Kazz, you have read my mind as usual, so thank you hugely for stepping into the
    breach! We all appreciate it so much. Amz, Eclectic, MixnMatch, ClarinetCathy, of course Verano, as well as
    Butterlover, Mariet, and Marsie, and all of our new friends…I sincerely hope that you will be with us for
    another week! I know that I’m in decidedly risky territory when I try to address everyone, for fear that I’ll
    inadvertently leave someone out. I’m thinking of you all, just the same. We’re 2 weeks into 2019, and every
    one is doing so well. My personal challenge is to move more, and that would include a 45 min. brisk walk
    each day, regardless of wind, cold, or snow! I’m not very enthusiastic about heading out into the elements,
    but I always feel energized and virtuous when I return. 🙂 Eyes on the prize everyone! Have the best day
    that you can imagine. I’m planning to do the same! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Marsie
    on

Yes Allie, I’m here. Thanks for setting us up Kazz and hope the full WAllie team is soon on line.
    Glad to read of your progress on the previous thread Verano, fingers crossed for your rapid, continuing progress.
    Starting the new week at 62.3kg. My main goal is to be focused on first principles more steadfastly than last week. That should have me losing some weight and also feeling the reward for effort I’m not sensing today (re my final post in last week’s thread).
    In my former engagement with this forum my mantra would be KOKOODAAT /keep on keeping on (thanks s-g) one day at a time. Now, without forgetting the old, I’m trying something new …. Focus on First Principles i.e. the M Plan from the BSD book ….. especially whenever I’m in the kitchen because I’ve regressed into mindless snacking over the last few months. Meals are ok usually, need to focus on the pick, pick, picking.
    Have a good week everyone.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Oops, Mariet, I missed your post. Well done. Nice to be “talking” to you again.🙋 I’d always admired your determination in achieving your earlier goals and I feel sure you’ll do it again. Cheers x M

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Morning lovely people. I’ve been ‘off’ for a few days. Didn’t get the job I wanted and had a horrible week at my current work last week, subsequently took it out on my diet and lapsed badly.
    Hey ho. I am back on it and recognise that I need to be very aware I’m an emotional eater.
    I made the tomato and white bean soup yesterday (think it was a mm recipe from the mail) and it was delicious. I have 3 more portions so all good.
    I’m revising today for my accountancy mock exam tonight so will check back later. Have a good day all xx

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Allie! With SO MANY friends and acquaintances . . . maybe if you say Hi A,B,C,D,E,F,G etc., every1 will be covered! 🙂 (Teasing!!) Glad to see you have circumvented the blockade . . . I too had to fill in a please explain . . . and am very glad to be allowed on . . . things were just getting wound up and on track for a wonderful January and I would not have liked missing the action 🙂 Forward h the wagons!!!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks for coming to our rescue Kazz ! We were told there was a glitch on the site last night. We weren’t expelled for some misdemeanor 🙂 🙂
    Good to be back with you for another weekly thread keeping Verano’s chair warm.

I am going to test out exactly what I did last week with my OMAD, 2MAD and fasting and see what happens . It’s an experiment as I am curious to see if last week was a fluke or post Christmas settling down /back to work.

So sorry you didn’t get the want the job you wanted Nelliecat.I sense your disappointment but something else will come along.I remember Eclectic being in a similar situation. Don’t let that knock your confidence. Good luck with your mock exam. Urggh exams are a distant memory , always stressful .

Yes, food is often inextricably bound with mood and I understand why you needed to eat to feel better. Maybe you could write down your reasons for losing weight and keep looking at the card to remind yourself.That way you regain control rather than food having thet power when you are feeling vulnerable. Alternatively come on here for a hug which has far fewer cals and carbs !! 🙂 🙂

Have a great week everyone. ECLECTIC !! COME BACK !! I am sure she will hear me if I shout loud enough !!! Wallies World is not the same without you ! xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

WoodDuckie I read your lovely, exhuberant post on the previous weekly thread and you are absolutely right to be shouting your dear Cheerleader head off ! Great loss and I love hearing how wonderful you feel in your new outfit.I hope you enjoyed meeting up with your friend.
    I am anxiously tracking my son’ s progress through Australia . He is travelling with a friend and the plan is to stop off at Whitsunday Island and Fraser Island which look stunning. Thye are heading for Melbourne eventually but as you say it is a LOOONG way !! I shouldn’t be anxious really as they are having the time of their lives !!

I hope the itching is easing ? I too have times when I feel an itchy irritation around my bust and waist area but like you no rash . I don’t feel a need to treat it as it is not constant. Diet is so important though and affects so many conditions.

Keep cool in that heat. It’s a little milder here but I am so looking forward to the Spring !
    Keep posting those joyful messages !!

• posted by Nee
    on

Hello everyone,
    Just finished my first week!
    I still can’t believe I lost 13 lbs(albeit mostly water) and starte at 294 lbs.
    looking forward to getting to know you all and glad to know others are on this lifestyle change with me! Power to us! ✊

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hello all. I joined Kazzee’s Road Trip last week, but this forum looks inspiring too! My user name reflects my basic arithmetic: excess weight of at least 6 x the feeds 6-8 M&S Xmas turkeys….5 1/2 lbs lost in first week. No more Pinot has been a great boost…Nee, that must feel so great! I am definitely NOT a scientist but having randomly googled various sites, as I understand it “water weight” loss is related to body’s use of glycogen stores on going low carb; basically one molecule is bound to 3 or 4 of water. Once the glycogen is used up, the body goes looking for the next available store – fat! “Water weight” sounds, well, a bit “lightweight”, but I am sure it is very far from that! As you say, all power to our (non wine glass or white carb lifting) elbows.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone and welcome to newcommers.Im pleased to have had a loss and am now the same as last week.86.9kg.I had a good day today.stayed closer to plan and went to the gym.Ive been watching weight loss programs on TV and doing some reseach about ketosis.Im hoping to get at least 3 /5 days of good eating this week.I hope you are all sticking to plan. Best wishes for success

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh Nee that is a fantastically motivating loss ! Well done you ! Stick with us .You are in the right place on the forum and you will get all the support and encouragement you need.I am sure Allie will be right by your side as you progress xx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Repeating my post from last weeks challenge:-
    Hi all, final weight loss for the week is 2.5 lbs. Not a gain, just miscalculated when converting from kgs to lbs. Not a great loss but made a few mistakes over the week with ‘good’ carbs that at not so good for me. Also I think I have been nibbling on too many nuts without counting or thinking about it. Further to that, I was not starting from scratch so didn’t have a water flush out. Still, it is a loss and another 7 weeks to go to goal.

Pledged 6kg to end of 8 weeks so one kg down. Hope to up my exercise now I am firmly back home and getting back into my routine. Did 35 mins yoga and 10 mins arm weights this morning. I should really go out for an early swim tomorrow but cant quite get that motivated. I used to go every Wednesday with a friend but she moved back to Scotland last year and it is not the same on your own, especially when you have a long drive to do. Anyway, I am going to intersperse yoga with aerobics and keep on with the weights. We shall see. Good luck everyone and keep on keeping on….

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all. Just popping in to say I’m in for this week, hello to familiar names, and welcome to newcomers. My goal is simply to post a loss this time next week!

• posted by Frankie13
    on

Hello Everyone, I’m new and just starting off today with the BSD. I have meals planned for the next couple of weeks and online shopping sorted! I will definitely be taking this one week at a time with small goals each week, that will hopefully lead to a big change in my weight and overall health. Excited but also a little apprehensive. Looking forward to keeping up with you all on the forum.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome, Frankie! It’s wonderful to have you here. This is a very lively thread, and we all look forward to supporting
    you and sharing in your successes. Don’t be apprehensive 🙂 There are many experienced BSDers here, and we’ve all
    been through the ups and downs of mastering this lifestyle. Just shout if you have any questions or concerns,
    and one of us will have the answer or strategy to help you on your journey. We do this as a family, so understand
    that you aren’t alone. There is a bit of a learning curve with all new things, and we’re here to help. Best wishes
    on your 1st day. What are your goals? Breaking things down into 7 day segments seems to be a winning formula
    for all of us, whether we are newcomers, seasoned maintainers, or those well down the road. This is an adventure,
    so embrace it all!

Allie

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi caronl !
    I hope you had a good Uk trip ? All the best for a loss this Week !!
    Is SunnyB back from Marrakesh ??

Glad to have you all with us . ..sixturkeys ( so funny !!!), Butterlover, sunshine-girl .Some great losses !

ECLECTIC !!! WHERE ARE YOU ???

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi just wanted to say a quick hello! Hopefully I’ll be home in the next day or so and thought maybe the time is right now to get my head back into gear.
    So for this week I’m going to keep up with all the encouraging posts and post myself as and when.
    Possibly by next week I will ‘have a plan’ but in the meantime have a good week everyone ….. one step at a time ……

• posted by GangreneHeart
    on

Yay for another week!
    Allie, thanks for your warm thoughts. Have you ever considered walking videos? I love going to my local park to use the track but the winter weather is keeping me inside more often than not. But YouTube had a lot of walking videos and I’ve been taking advantage of those when the cold winds are blasting.
    Marie, keep at it. I weigh myself daily simply because I’m more comfortable that way. When I stick to the plan and when I go astray, I just take a look each morning and see where I am. It’s less of keeping track of each ounce and more of a reminder that I want to keep my lifestyle changes in mind all day.

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Hi Verano! How you doing? You’ll be pleased to get home I expect XX
    Aw Wendleg, thank you so much for your kind words. I feel a bit better and am back in control of my eating but it definitely knocked my confidence. Anyway, the mock exam went well, now need to keep fingers crossed for a good result after the real thing next week! And do the homework…that might help…

Sunshine-girl, that’s a great loss, well done you.

Hi Alliecat, you’re right, weekly segments seem more do-able. Eight weeks feels like an awfully long time!
    Lovely to see all of you, it’s such a supportive place to be. Good wishes for a good week all.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Great news about your homecoming V! Look forward to you sitting in on the support and help gatherings and yes . . .taking life one step at a time for now 🙂 Welcome back and speedy recovery . . . well maybe not TOO speedy . . . just a gentle pace will be sufficient 🙂

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Allie you are such a warm hearted reassuring person! Everyone can feel your caring enthusiasm and calmness most needed when new and/or in a crisis moment. You (and so many other seasoned campaigners) – have hugged so many of us in so many situations, I feel you are the matriarch to so many 🙂 and always on the ball to hold a hand or two with your diligence to keeping up with the posts. Thank you for your giving 🙂 Hugs xxx

on

Sorry, my last post was interrupted by dinner preparations so now I’ll finish greeting everyone else.
    Marsie, I find myself going back and rebuilding my foundation quite often. Having the basics cemented in your mind week only increase your success so I will be rooting for you.
    Nelliecat, I struggle with my emotional eating too. Whenever things go astray, I feel like I run immediately to the sweets at the nearest grocery store. The HALT and TUBA acronyms that were discussed on last week’s thread really helped me considered more carefully before I put that deliciously bad for me treat in my mouth.
    Wendy, I’ll be interested in knowing the results of your experiment. With each person’s weight loss money being unique, I like to know what others did to succeed.
    Nee, hi and welcome. Great loss! It’s exciting, right!
    Six, that’s interesting info. I’m going to look more into it. And welcome! I can truly day this weekly thread is the reason I’m still trying. Such encouraging and supportive friends.
    Butter, keep at it. Let’s chip away at our excess bulk bit by bit together.
    Carol, I have the same goal. I just want to see a downward trend.
    Frankie, welcome! I was so anxious when I started too. But if you stick with it and be determined, you will see results.
    Verano, that’s great news! I hope everything goes as planned. Being at home is certainly better than being stuck in a cold hospital.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Welcome Frankie! Just know, success is just around the corner 🙂 Whether you make goals or just commit as best you can . . . there will be good results somewhere for you . . . Those here are like extended family . . . in some cases I personally feel I know some of them better than some (of my) family members!! AND we are always here for each other! Welcome aboard the BSD train/wagon and the new WOE!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Great news V !! That will be a tremendous relief to be back in your home surroundings and to recover in comfort. I hope you contine to recover your mobility and any pain is being well managed.
    We look forward to reading your posts and have you back with us xx.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Duckie you are absolutely right.I described Allie as my ‘comfort blanket’ in the early days and she remains the reassuring voice of support and encouragement for us all. Her advice is always given generously and with kindness. We can rely on her for sensible suggestions because she knows what works and her determination not only to lose 10 stone (!!) but to maintain the weight loss is nothing but outstanding. She could have disappeared long ago but the fact that she remains to hold our hand is a gift for us all .

What a wonderful community this is ! Newbies…keep posting ! This is the place to be to get all the support you could ever need to succeed and you will !!! Think long term because it is no quick fix but the health benefits I believe are worth the effort.

Amz, love your positivity !
    Nelliecat well done on getting through your mock exam ! You will be fine next week !! Don’t let anything knock your confidence ! There is an exoression that comes to mind ‘ Don’t let the b…….ers ‘ get you down !!
    Sending good wishes and hugs to everyone xx

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – great to hear that you will soon be back in your home. It sounds as though you are making better than expected progress. In a previous post you said that this new op may have a better outcome than the previous op – which is very good news.

• posted by Nee
    on

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the encouragement! Yes, it is very exciting Gangarene. -not missing the vino at all six turkeys! Hello Wendleg. 😊
    Lost 4 more ounces. Just need to get those steps up now.
    Wishing you all a great day.
    Love to read your posts. I have never been on an online chat of any kind so please excuse my brevity. I will soon get the hang of things and than you’ll be telling me to shut up! 🤣

• posted by JGwen
    on

Those who have mentioned feeling itchy may like to know that the body needs Omega 3 to switch off histamine. There have been different research studies that increasing Omega 3 (linseed is the best source in the diet, but oily fish or taking supplements works as well) is important in switching off the persistent desire to scratch an itch.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you JGwen. Ill up my current dosage of capsules and see if it helps 🙂 Anything or relief!!!

on

Hi everyone, hi Verano, glad you are feeling better. I was wondering how helpful your improvements to your diabetes (are you still in the not diabetic range) were for your hospitalisation and treatment and what the response was if you told them about it.

Looks like my weight loss has kicked in again as I am half a pound down from yesterday and currently cannot stop going to the loo. Exercising nearly every day and on the days I dont do my formal planned exercise, yoga or aerobics, I have pledged to have at least a 30 min walk after lunch. On nice days I might do both.

Have a good week everyone and keep on keeping on…

• posted by alliecat
    on

Amz, walking videos..what a great idea! I’ll look for them, and bookmark a few. Thanks 🙂

Verano!!! What fantastic news that you will soon be leaving the hospital. I’ve been dedicating my endeavors to
    you since hearing of your accident. How can I NOT get out and walk everyday when you have physio to do??
    Wendy and I will keep the “home fires burning” until you’re well enough to reclaim your thread. Happy Homecoming!

Wendy, WoodDuckie, your kind words overwhelm me! You are both so generous of spirit 🙂

JGwen, fascinating info re histamines…I used to have a maddening itch on my back, but it seems to have gone
    away, for the most part. I wonder if the relief comes from eating wild salmon several times a week?

Nee, I hope things are going well for you. I’m in your corner!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone it’s lovely to be getting back into the swing of things. I’m just delighted to feel like joining in with life once more.
    Welcome to the new joiners enjoy the journey.
    Thanks for all your good wishes. Looks like tomorrow is D-day and I’m so looking forward to a spicy meal! Fortunately my OH is a good cook …. as long as he follows my instructions to the letter!
    S-g diabetes has been barely mentioned although in this hospital they do finger prick tests and I am consistently 6.4ish which is fine for me. So diabetes has not really been an issue but I do feel that when I say I was diagnosed with T2 but am now medication free and diet controlled they no longer look at me as though I’ve just dropped in from outer space. So maybe times are changing. Well done on your losses btw.
    Allie Wendy … ‘Wallie’ … I’m really not sure I want the reins back! You both do a really great job so why fix it if it ain’t broke!
    Have a good evening.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I reported this post Julia as it is clearly marketing spam !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh Verano ! That’s fantastic news that you are anticipating REAL FOOD and can get back to enjoying life free of hospital meals and constraints ! Concentrate on healing and good food choices will definitely help that.

Hope everyone is having a good day !

Hi KrysiaD ! Keep posting Nee !

Sending positive thoughts to you all !

• posted by Mariet
    on

Glad you are doing well Verano and best hopes that the end result will be better than before your accident.
    I’m not seeing any losses so far this week but still plugging away. I am consistently in ketosis so surely something will happen soon. Maybe retaining water as temps are hovering around 40 and heaven knows I am drinking enough to sink a ship. Managed my daughter’s birthday dinner successfully which made me happy, I had slipped into allowing small ‘treats’ on festive occasions. Why I don’t know because they never tasted as good as I remember them!
    Sending positive thoughts to all, this is such a supportive group.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Mariet I too have noticed the “treat”really isnt worth it because the taste buds have definitely changed . . . and what was the titillating memory of a once loved divine sweet/cake/biscuit/dessert/plum pudding etc etc . . . just simply isnt true anymore. Then we beat ourselves up for even THINKING of deviating from the path . . . having a gain or feeling ill or headache or whatever . . . Not being nice to ourselves at all . . . and we are important . . . besides being worth nurturing an treating in other ways 🙂 I liken it to touching a hot stove when told it will burn . . . sometimes we just have to prove it for ourselves . . . 🙂

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Verano!!! Happy homegoing! And I’m youre hanging for some BSD home cooking! Bet your OH will spoil you rotten and of course youre worth it. Complete recovery is wished and hoped for you . . . Great news re the bS readings . . . more proof MM knows what he’s talking about! Anyways you have been missed and it is great t have you back posting!!! Wish I could type a bunch of flowers for you to have in a vase when you open the front door . . . but Ill send them with my thoughtwaves 🙂 Here they are . . . Purple pink and lavender shades of double gerberas with old-fashioned asparagus fern greenery. Welcome home!!!

on

Marie, great job! I know it’s hard getting through such events successfully, but you did it! Keep at it.
    Verano, that’s great news. I hope your recovery continues forward.
    Today was one of my fast days. I stopped eating at around 8pm yesterday and plan to break my fast at lunchtime tomorrow.
    Mid-February I have spa treatments scheduled. I hope to be at my first goal in around that time, but even if I’m not, I know I’m doing my best for my health and my family so I do deserve some relaxation time. Thanks to Groupon and my contacts, I was able to get some great deals. I don’t really spend time or money on myself so I’m really looking forward to it.

• posted by Frankie13
    on

Hi All, great to read all your posts and thanks for the words of encouragement. A few days in and going well so far, unbelievably 3 pounds down already. I’ve started the BSD as I currently weigh just over 16 stone and very luckily do not have any significant health issues, but I know this will not last unless I take action. My goal is to lose 5 stone, which feels like a massive mountain to climb, but I’m learning to break this down into smaller achievements and why the week by week is genius. I also need to work on my emotional eating, maybe this needs to be channeled into a form of exercise, but this may lead me into performing star jumps all day!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello one and all – welcome to any newcomers and glad to see you still here to all the ‘oldies’. My apologies for arriving to the party late this week and for only scan reading the posts contributed to date. Arrived home from Marrakech on Tuesday night and was laid low by a migraine yesterday, so only just now getting to grips with BSD and the forum today.

Left on Friday at a pound under target weight and arrived home five days later at 2lb over – very poor result! However, I am fairly sure this will rectify quickly, as although the carbs (including wine) had crept up a bit while we were away, I’m also pretty sure poor hydration over that period contributed to the problem. Anyway, one pound down on the scales this morning, so happy things are heading in the right direction. Going for a long overnight fast today, which will hopefully help things along as well.

Hope everyone is having a good BSD week. Verano – really great to see you back with us and hope recovery is going well. Congrats to all those seeing the pounds/kg dropping and if you’re not one of those, keep you chin up and keep on going, it will happen for sure.

on

Hello one and all, hi sunny welcome back, was Marrakesh a holiday – lucky you, it is somewhere I want to go.
    I have had another small loss of half a pound but I am very proud of it. Why! Well yesterday I received one of those emails full of threats and asking for €500 in Bitcoin or my whole life is going to be revealed. Fortunately, I have nothing to hide and, from the things I am supposed to have done (sexual in front of my webcam) they assume I am a man as my name is almost uni-sex. Just proves they actually know nothing. I had my email hacked around Easter last year when they got into my FB account and your email is logged there and they were able to contact my friends list – they knew I was on a cruise (it was on FB) and were following my ship so could send messages like, hi I am stuck in Croatia, please send me some money to help me get home. And so on. At first I just discarded the email address and did nothing but my daughter said they could be doing anything and I should try to get them blocked, which I did. However, my email is now available on the black web and is being used by lots of different people – can I swear here – ok will just say they are illegitimate persons. I have a new email address (try not to have your name as part of you email address) which I use daily but the other account has been left dormant and I look now and then for mailings from stores I have loyalty cards with and the daily weather forecast, so nothing important. I have now completely cleared that address and I await the final threat – they have given me 50 hours to pay up or else. I am happy for the ‘or else’.
    However, it is a shock to see something like that and my blood ran cold and I was heading for the drinks cabinet when I stopped myself. No, they wont get any money out of me, no they wont publish filthy photos of me on social media and no, they are not going to spoil my diet.
    Have a good day all, and be careful out there
    PS – keep your webcam covered when not in use – people can hack in and see you.

• posted by Nee
    on

Hi Sunshine girl,
    I got anxiety just reading your post! Well done for not letting it spoil your diet! -and good tip-not using your name as an email address.
    Keep up the good work.

Nee

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sunshine-girl – huge well done on not letting the b+++++ds get you down and disrupt your good work! Just shows how careful one needs to be online doesn’t it and how long the ripples keep lapping to shore when a hack like that happens. Glad that you have managed the fall out so well and to stayed positive. Congrats on that loss – no matter how little a loss is, it’s still a step in the right direction – own it and enjoy it.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry, forgot to say that the Marrakech trip was a birthday treat – yes, I’m very lucky! It is an interesting place and this time we got out of the city for a day which gave us a glimpse of ‘real’ Morocco too. Dusting off my Moroccan cook book today, as the visit has reminded me how much I enjoy the Moroccan cuisine.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ! Slightly weary as usual when Thursday rolls around but the weeks are galloping by !

Sorry to hear about that very unpleasant, unsettling experience,sunshine-girl.Well done for staying strong and it would be unthinkable to give in to any sort of outrageous blackmail. Shocking. Unfortunately lots of vulnerable people do get taken in by these scams and it can be devastating .

Amz, I love the sound of your spa day ! You are right to spend time and money on yourself ! You are so worth it !
    I posted to Sunny B on the Positives Thread . Sunny ..your Marrakesh trip was a time of very special memories for you and your hubby. You will soon lose any tajine pounds 😉

Keep going Frankie ! Don’t be overwhelmed by the 5 stone goal. Take things a step at a time. Baby steps ! You will get there . Tackling the emotonal eating is crucial. Food cannot comfort or lift your mood apart from a brief high. Lots of people find it manageable to focus on their personal reasons for losing weight. Write them down and keep taking the list out to remind you when you are feeling vulnerable. Keep posting and we will distract you from any buns and pies 😉

How are you doing Nee ? Mariet ?

I felt a bit overwhelmed by the masses of people on Kazzee’s thread and I found it hard to keep up ! I know a lot of ‘regulars ‘ follow that thread too so a big Hi to anyone I haven’t mentioned.
    The weekend is almost upon us !!
    Wendy xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning! WoodDuckie the flowers were wonderful, thank you, gerberas are one of my favourites!
    Sunshine-girl your last episode with email hacking made me close my FB account, which wasn’t that straight forward I have to say. So sorry to hear about your latest episode. It really is unsettling to say the very least but well done you on taking control of the situation and not caving in to those despicable scammers.
    Frankie, Wendy is spot on ….. take baby steps, make small goals and they will all add up. That’s one of the beauties of having a weekly thread it really does help to break down a seemingly unattainable goal. Enjoy the journey.
    Wendy I feel exactly to same as you when it comes to very large threads with lots of posters. As wonderful as it is to have so many people posting and so much enthusiasm I tend to get ‘lost’ !
    At the moment I’m just going to try and concentrate on food. I can’t stand on the scales or even long enough to measure my waist etc. So I’m ‘skiing off piste’ for next few weeks at least, with the hope that, at worst, I can stand still although, who knows, I might even lose! That really would be a bonus.
    Have a good day.

on

Hi all and thank you for your good wishes. I would never give in to blackmail but not only that, I have no fear as I have done nothing wrong. My daughter said, because of my original FB hack in April I will be on a ‘suckers’ list – someone open to scamming. She is on one, and she also has one of these financial checkers and has been told by Experian that her email address is being sold on the dark web (not black web as I said before). We have both closed the accounts in question but I have been told not to completely delete it but just ignore it, dont click on message, dont delete messages etc. V, my daughter tried to quit FB but found we then lost contact. We were constantly texting – at a cost – and missing each other, whereas with messenger on FB you can see if someone is one line and send them a quick message and see when they read it. Just too convenient, they have us hooked in. Anyway, my blackmailer has not come back to me to carry out the threat.

Anyway, I am being super strong and have lost another quarter of a pound, staying alcohol free and looking forward to good results on Tuesday. Have a good weekend all, and keep on keeping on…

Please log in or register to post a reply.