New life choice for determined alcoholic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verbatim
    on

So glad you had a good birthday meal Mary. Hope the extra few pounds come off very soon. With luck you’ll get a chance to wear the dress somewhere nice before it’s much too big for
    you!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello my lovelies.

I’ve stayed the same on the scales this week. Disappointing but just makes me even more determined! I went out for lunch yesterday and not a veg on the menu. I opted for the meat platter, starter size with a side salad. It consisted of chicken skewer, sheik kebab, chicken and chorizo sausage, green veg pakora, and mayo and sweet chilli sauce. I ignored the sauce and mayo. My friend had a side of chips but I wasn’t tempted in the least! I felt I had too much meat tho and apart from the chicken, I didn’t enjoy the other stuff. I only had one bite of the pakora, it was too spicy and my insides don’t react well with high spice these days which is a nuisance!

It’s the annual firm bash tonight, 800 people attend and it’s a no expense spared ‘do’ but I’m not going. I don’t want the temptation of food stations from around the world and a free bar! I’ll go next year thou, give my new body an outing for the first time!

How’s everyone else?

Kazzee xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hiya Kazzee,

So good to hear from you. I have gained the predicted 4 pounds this week, despite eating sensibly but above 800 calories. We went out on Wednesday and I chose a Lobster, Prawn and Scallop starter. Then I had Swordfish and salad. The rest of the time I have eaten BSD friendly, but I expected the weight gain. Pity I wasn’t disappointed lol.

Well done on not having the carb version yesterday. Next year you will STUN your colleagues with your wispy figure and knock em dead clothes.

Take care,
    lots of love
    Mary xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Kazzi, my sweet, another very long professional week behind you! [post edited to remove personal information] Just put your feet up tonight and relax. I received your very sweet link to join skype today,
    and shot on over to sign up. Then, the dreaded words “launch an application” appeared, and I was looking at
    12 choices that were incomprehensible to me…The old bearded one is out for the day as usual, but I’ll pounce
    on him this evening to see if he can figure it out. I get more and more paranoid every day with all of this
    techno jargon. I wish you were joining us in our livingroom this evening!
    I know that this week’s weigh-in result is only temporary, and everything will be back on track and yielding
    positive results by next week. Next year you WILL make your grand entrance at the firm’s big party in a pair
    of very memorable cowboy boots 🙂 🙂 🙂 Lots of other mini goals are waiting for you this year, however.
    I’m feeling so frustrated that I’m actually thinking of driving the 2 hours to my sister’s house in Massachusetts
    so that either she or her husband or 2 sons can give me an intensive tutorial on computer competence!
    Keep an eye on your email…

Love,

Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hiya Allie. I thought it worth a try sending the skype link in case that worked but it sounds like your trusty laptop with its issues may be a bit of an ask too far! I suggest you wait until you buy your iPhone. It will be easy to get skype/ FaceTime set up. FaceTime is Apples version of ‘skype’. The salesperson I’m sure will help you get set up.

What do you think to these boots? A cross between cowboy and biker! They’re in the basket but holding off on clicking buy now! I intend to have more than one pair! These to start….

http://www.cowboybootstore.co.uk/womens-boots/Ladies-Cowboy-Boots/Bald-Eagle-Brown-Western-Cowboy-Boots-Grinders

Have a good Sunday!

Kaz xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Ha, Kazz, you’ve zeroed in on a pair of boots!! We will of course want to see them on your feet when they make it
    out of the shopping cart. You know on which thread to post them 🙂 I’ll share this U.S. crudity with you.
    On this side of the pond, cowboy boots are often referred to as “sh*t-kickers”, i.e, a*s-kicking boots! Keep in the
    back of your mind that you may shrink a shoe size with continuing weight loss. I now “walk out” of shoes that
    used to be tight on me. I wouldn’t have believed it until I experienced it myself. Same with hats, which now
    slide down to my eyebrows. I’m glad that you’ve found a pair that you like, and that you don’t have to pay to
    have shipped from over here.
    No way that I’m giving up on skype. I’m still waiting for J. to spend a few hours on the weekend at home. At
    the moment, it feels like he’s only here to sleep 🙂 🙂 🙂

Enjoy your Sunday, all!

xoxo
    Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Mary, meant to say, don’t worry, you’ll soon have those pesky 4 lbs off again.

Anyone watching Dancing on Ice? What do you think? I don’t remember it being quite so ‘average’?

Kxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Kazz…I dropped a bottle of acetone on my scales so I bought some old fashioned mechanical Doctors scales. I have lost the 4 pounds already Lol.

I lost interest in Dancing on Ice years ago. I found it was the same old, same old.

Take care
    Lots of love
    Mary
    xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Great news Mary but don’t tell Tillybud! She and I are still smarting from ‘new scale’ discrepancy! Lol

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Well done Mary! And you are so right KazzUK I am still smarting 😊 bloody scales still have me over 10. Feeling rubbish too with sore throat and snotted up to the eyeballs. I know sorry everyone TMI. Not eaten much but not moved much either. Feeling proper sorry for myself this weekend. Hope the scales are kind on Tuesday otherwise I might just fling my new scales and buy some “old” ones! Hope everyone else is doing fine. I WILL keep on keeping on 😕

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Forgot to say Kazz the boots look amazing,! I wish I had the nerve to wear boots like that. I’ve got really skinny legs and they’d look awful but they are fab. So jealous X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Its interesting you mention the change in shoe sizes Allie. I have the strong impression that the patterns of where weight loss occurs on the BDS is different to other diets. I have had regular periods of controlling cals (but not counting carbs) over the years. On each of those times the amount of weight loss to reach the point where clothes don’t fit has been much less. The changes in foot shape and legs and arms on this WOE have been dramatic. I wonder if its linked to having a physically active way of life and fat being burnt by the body in the locations nearest the muscle groups being used.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Morning ladies. Happy Monday everyone. Re shoe sizes: my thoughts are that being heavy puts an awful lot of weight on such a small area – ie feet, that the weight makes them spread. Once the weight comes off the “load” is not as much therefore the feet don’t spread as much making them smaller, needing a smaller shoe size! That’s my take on it anyway. I used to be a UK 6 then was a 6 – 7 depending on the style but now I’m back to a 6 again. Just a thought x

• posted by alliecat
    on

‘Morning, everyone 🙂

JGwen, I’ve noticed a different pattern of weight loss also.
    I’m not certain it corresponds to your theory, which is a very
    interesting one, by the way! Although I was 20 lbs less at my
    thinnest, I look that thin again. I think the BSD is so efficient
    at burning fat that the obvious “storage areas” on the body
    get totally depleted. I can actually reach under my pelvic
    bones and my ribs, although, according to a healthy BMI for
    my height, I’m at “ideal” weight. The one variable Esnecca
    and I can’t estimate is what to assign to loose skin! I also
    am essentially boobless, and that wasn’t the case when I
    was a 30 year old woman weighing 20lbs. less that I do now,
    in my late (very late!) 60’s…. I also used to be very mildly
    pear shaped, and now I resemble a banana. It’s something
    to contemplate, you may be just the one to find some research
    on it!
    How many lbs. have you lost, or are you getting near to goal?
    I’m not vegetarian, but I expect that has it’s challenges!

Best,

Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

JGwen, Allie – I’ve noticed this also! With WW over a decade ago, even after losing 42 lbs (of my 120 lb excess), no one noticed because although the scales registered the loss, I was still eating refined carbs, albeit calorie controlled (or within my point allowance) and my body really didn’t look any thinner. Now, having lost 34 lbs, people are noticing and saying wow, you’ve lost loads of weight. I just have a theory that without all the bread, pasta etc, there’s no bloat! The amazing thing is that I feel so much “thinner” on the inside! When I hold my tummy in, it makes a difference in the mirror whereas it didn’t before! Is it lack of bloat, lack of visceral fat, a combo of both or just all in the mind, who knows, but the inches lost are way more than when I was at this point doing WW 12 years ago!

Tilly – I’m holding off buying the boots because as Allie says, shoe size will probably change and also I have quite large calf muscles! Which is why I’ve only worn ankle boots in recent years. I’m hoping they will also slim down to how they were when I was young! All the years of carting my excess weight around has given my calf muscles a good work out and built them up! 🙂

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi All

Allie, JGwen/Kazz – I’ve also found a difference in the way the weight has shifted compared to when I’ve been on previous diets – WW’s mainly. My ‘normal’ body shape (i.e. pre-weight) seems to be changing, too (from what I remember, anyway). I’m curious to see how it’ll end up.

Tillybud – I completely go along with your thoughts on foot size. I used to be a UK size 5, then went up to a size 6 or 7, but now my feet are lost in some of those bigger sizes. I must get them measured again.

Kazz – I just love boots. I remember once when I was down in London for a day working, running out at the lunch break in the pouring rain to get to a particular shoe shop on the off-chance that they’d have a particular pair of boots I couldn’t get ‘up north’. I was so thrilled when I found them. I’m so looking forward to being able to wear boots again now my legs have slimmed down. But, like you, I’m waiting for things to settle. Keep posting the photos – love them!

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hello everyone and a very happy Monday to you all.

I was just talking to my daughter about this very subject. In 2010 I lost 4 stone to get to 15 stone. I did this by exercising aerobically for an hour and a half each day (not sustainable). I am just a little shy of 15 stone at the moment but I don’t feel the same or fit into the same clothes as the last time. I think the reason is that this time I have lost the visceral fat. The last time it was the exterior fat. So this time, although I weigh less I am still almost the same shape and don’t really feel different.

I have also been a size 6 shoe size since I gained weight and am back down to a size 5. However, my rings still fit! I expected them to fall off by now. I used to know someone who squeezed her feet into shoes and you could see the fat bulging over. When she lost weight her shoes fell off as she walked. We have to remember we gain weight EVERYWHERE. I have lost a fat from my neck and my necklace hangs lower! The beauty is …it is coming off!

I too am full of cold AGAIN…this is the third this winter! Colds always affect my voice, so I am croaking. My nose is red from wiping (TMI I know) and my chest is sore from coughing. I feel for everyone out there who is feeling poorly. My admiration goes to Milalin, who is facing an operation this week. A cold is nothing!

That’s all folks.

Lots of love
    Mary
    xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

This has turned into a very thought provoking conversation
    today, and it’s particularly interesting to me because I’ve never
    done WW or any other directed program before this one, apart
    from self imposed calorie restriction in the neighborhood of
    550-600 cal/day. My reward for doing so was that my hair began
    to fall out after 5 months and 60lbs! Did any of you all take
    measurements before you started? I never did, but I do remember
    approx. what my waist measurement was then, and it’s 21″
    smaller today. I really do agree with the visceral fat, the really
    bad stuff, hanging about the waist, and this WOE certainly
    addresses that. Some see very early changes that are dramatic,
    and others find this problem area slow to shift. I also wonder
    what role aging has to play in all these changes….My skin is
    definitely thinner, because I have some very prominent veins
    that now stand out in high relief, and I’ve never seen this at
    any weight. Who knew we had 2 very large veins running
    from our lower abdomen toward our thighs?? 🙂 It’s all
    quite entertaining, and feels like one colossal anatomy
    lesson!
    Tilly, your foot diagnosis confirms mine, and I really ap-
    preciated the cautionary tale to hold off on the purchase
    of new shoes if possible, so I’m just passing it on in like
    fashion. There’s always a new bullet point to absorb 🙂

Have a great day, everyone!

Allie xxx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Everyone,

Maybe its because I have a physically active job, but I have noticed a major change in my legs and arms, and have lost inches around the end of my rib cage, but haven’t lost the 11 month pregnant with twins style belly. So am a couple of pounds short of a 4 stone weight loss but have only just dropped one dress size. I am still aiming for my target weight at present which is another 11kg away, but clearly am going to have to revise my target once I get down to the current target. On previous cal counting diets after a couple of stone I have needed to drop down a dress size . I do notice that for example my ankles are smaller, which I think is one of the reasons there is extra toe space in my shoes, my feet are fitting further back into the shoe so space has appeared at the toes. My neck has changed. My calf area has changed a lot, I have some loose skin at present on my arms, but surprisingly not so much on my legs.

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

Morning all!

I shall add to the great shoe debate. I too have dropped 1-2 shoe sizes. Used to be a Uk 7, now 5.5 or 6 and my slip on shoes definitely fall off my feet these days. Shape wise, it’s been different too. For the first time I have lost off my stomach. I suspect I had a beer/bread belly which really only went when I took up this way of eating (no matter how much I lost other times) I also have a distinct “re-rounding” since Christmas bad behaviour. Definitely a bread/chocolate baby!

Have had a raging appetite too. Been really struggling to stick to plan, especially when off work which tells me it’s head hunger, not real hunger. Which I find very hard to beat!!

Mary, I hope you are feeling better. So much going round. This is d day week for me. Off to GP this morning to get results of blood tests and endocrinologist tomorrow. Very hopeful that I might get some answers! Then flying to Tobago on Saturday. Will have to stay away from the rice and peas and all that lovely tropical fruit. Not forgetting the rum punch 🤣🤣

Will update you all later

L x

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Very best wishes for your visit to the Doctor LeeLee. Please let us know how you get on?

Marie123, how lovely that you are near your target weight. I don’t like to think about how much I have left to lose. In fact I haven’t set many targets as I am always disappointed by this weird and wonderful body of mine.

Today is my official weigh in and I weighed 15 stone 5 pounds. A loss of 5 pounds. Now I don’t know if I have really lost that amount. A few weeks ago at my GPs I weighed 15:8 (fully clothed). On my scales I was 15:12. I bought new scales and lo and behold have “lost” 5 pounds. I AM CLAIMING IT! I would like very much to weigh under 15 stone by the end of February. Fingers crossed, but don’t hold your breath.

I do hope everyone is well and battling the extremes of weather we seem to have on this forum. Happy days everyone.

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi All

Mary – too right, claim that 5lbs! I am crossing my fingers and holding my breath for you.
    Thanks for the kind words – that’s lovely of you. I’m not quite sure what my final goal weight will be, but I have just got to my original goal weight which brings me to the top of the healthy BMI range.

LeeLee – best wishes from me too – I’ll be looking out for your news.

JGwen – yes, me too. Thin (some could use the word scrawny) arms and top half but still the large belly – but definitely less big so there’s hope! I’m keen to get rid of as much visceral fat as I can to help with the diabetes.

Allie – I saw MM on a video conference with someone where he was commenting on how some people didn’t know where their waist was. Well, I think that might be me because mine measured bigger after I’d started the diet! Anyway, I’ve lost 4 1/2 stone & about 3 1/2 inches off my waist – don’t know if that’s good, bad or what – I guess it just is what it is. I’ve lost off my bust too, so by the time I do get to my final goal weight I might not have much left – but I don’t care, I’m happy. As Mary says, and we all know – health is everything. xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, everyone!

Marie, getting inside a healthy BMI is one of the biggest
    achievements to be celebrated, so I’m so happy for you!
    We do get to reaccess at all stages, and I’m sure that you
    will be able to take things anywhere you want to go in the
    future. 4 1/2 stone is a huge accomplishment. Bravo!!!
    Depleted breasts are a minor concern when weighed against
    optimal health. I wouldn’t change a thing 🙂 🙂 🙂

LeeLee, I’m so jealous of your trip to the islands! Just 4
    days away……….Please check in tomorrow after you see
    the endocrinologist. We all want to know how you’re doing.
    I hope that you get the answers you need before your holiday!

Best to all,

Allie

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Mary, hope your cold goes soon. I’ve had lurgy force few days too but feel better today. 10st 3 and a quarter this morning so half pound gain this week☹️although I haven’t eaten excessively I haven’t moved much! so not surprised really. Aw well. Onwards and downwards.
    Leeleecheechee hope all was well for you today.
    I thought this morning that my waist had gone down to 28″ and was doing happy dance. Shouted hubby to have a look and he ( the sod) noticed the tape measure was upside down and so I was still 32″ !! Another deflating moment not as bad as the new scales but not far off.

I have lost 8″ off my waist but my boobs haven’t changed and my arms and legs are still skinny so my weight has come off my belly .

Having said that though was measured for bras last week at John Lewis and I have gone down from a 36 to a 34 but am an FF now not an G cup (this time last year after breast surgery I was a 38 EE) so back is smaller but still “full bosomed”!) Complex stuff this losing weight. I have a waist! (Of sorts) good luck everyone weighing in today x

on

Normal! Every single test normal! I know I should be saying yee ha (especially considering the hammering my lovely liver has taken over the years) but I was so hoping for some kind of issue (easily resolved of course) that would explain. But no, on we go to the endocrinologist tomorrow. He’s interested to see if they have any ideas otherwise it’s the neurologist next. At least he knows I’m not a “sick note” and wouldn’t be complaining about symptoms unless they were significantly impacting me.

Way to go Mary. You take those 5lbs and shake your newly slimmer shape!

You too Marie. You have reached a real milestone and should be rightfully chuffed xx

Tilly, weight off your belly is what it’s all about. Treasure those boobs. I miss mine! I now rely on rigby and Peller to do the work 🤣🤣

Now for dinner… turkey meatballs

L xx

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Leelee – That is really good news about the tests coming back normal but it must be so frustrating for you not to have any explanations. Hope the meeting with the endocrinologist goes well today. Take care xx

on

Morning all!

Just a quick update for you. I am confirmed as the proud owner of a very large tumour (5cm x 3cm x 4 cm) sat on my adrenal gland. Wow!

They are fairly confident it’s benign ( as there is evidence of fat within it 🤣) but are going to discuss me at the MDT for a plan. In the meantime I’m for an urgent CT scan to rule out malignancy and also to see if it has grown. I’ve also got to do a 24 hour urine test (will work at home that day!) and a dexamethasone suppression test looking at cortisol production which I will do tonight.

General consensus seems to be that it will have to come out whatever due to the size!

Onwards and upwards

L xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Leeleecheechee, I hope you get good news from the CT scan and that the tumour is not malignant. Well, at least you know now, so that helps, even if you still have to have an operation. Good luck with all the following procedures ☺ Keep on keeping on and keep smiling ☺

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Oh LeeLeecheechee. My heart goes out to you. I too hope the tumour is not malignant and that the CT scan proves that. To my way of thinking at the moment it’s immaterial. Either way It’s got to come out. We are all here for you like a big comfort blanket . I know first hand the kind of thing you’re going through do will be thinking of you. (On my profile, it says 2015, but it was in fact the end of 2016 so my treatment was early last year. my fingers can’t spell and I don’t seem to be able to change it!) I send you lots of healing hugs. Go and get your sunshine and some warmth on your back. Come back fortified to deal with whatever you have to face. Now you really do have to keep on keeping on X

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi Leeleecheechee,

I’m so sorry to hear that a tumour has been found yet thank goodness it WAS found! Will cross the usual appendages but sending hugs and good thoughts, we are all with you on this ride xxxx

• posted by marie123
    on

Leelee – Best wishes xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

LeeLee. You now know what your are facing and pre-warned is pre-armed. I always feel better knowing my enemy. You are in the right business to know how and what to do. Have a wonderful time in Tobago and come back rested and ready to give battle.

Lots of love
    Mary
    xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Lee, echoing what everyone else has said. Have a wonderful holiday and see you when you get back. 🙂

Allie, Mary, Marie, Tilly and all – I’ve been out of the loop somewhat this week with just one or two posts here and there. Real life getting in the way of this forum! Most annoying! It’s early and must dash to get ready for work soon but just wanted to pop in and say that I will be catching up with you all properly at the weekend. 🙂 Everyone ok? There’s a walk this Sunday which I reckon I could do, with this new group of walkers I have joined. It’s on footpaths so no mud! and after 2 miles, we hit a place for a coffee break, then 2 miles back again! Hair cut tomorrow and a visit with my lovely mum, so I will have afternoons free to catch up with you all properly! 🙂 What’s everyone else doing?

I’ve not weighed a thing all week on the food front although have stuck to the principles, not counted a calorie either. I’ve struggled a bit this week. January blues, so just had to give my mind a “rest” from the almost obsessive weighing and counting and thinking! Take my foot off the accelerator and coast so to speak! I feel much better for it and of course, today is pay day after an early Dec pay day (thank heavens!) so yesterday I ordered my groceries online and shall collect on the way home tonight, so avoiding temptations! I’ve written everything down in my food diary and my thoughts each day which I find helps and gives me something to look back on. Anyways, will post what the scales say tomorrow.

Have a lovely day all, see you later!

Love
    Kazzeee xxx

on

Morning all!

Sat once again in a hospital waiting room waiting for my dexamethasone blood test. Had to take the steroid at 11pm last night and the test has to be done at 9am. It’s made me feel quite sick. Big up to Nonna Mary. I think you take steroids a lot?

KazzUK, I’ve been the same as you this week. Not obsessing over food but sticking to principle. It has been like a holiday!

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. I’m genuinely ok and don’t for a minute think it’s malignancy. My blood counts are too perfect quite frankly. So I’m just going to get this test out of the way and then kick back and enjoy Tobago. I’ve bloody well earned it 🤣🤣

Have a good day everyone!

L xx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Good luck LeeLeecheechee! And yes you have bloody well deserved your holiday. Go girl. Enjoy! See you when you’re back xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello ladies, of the “New Life Choices…” thread! I just realized
    I haven’t stopped by in several days…I guess it is to be expected
    that there are many newcomers to the forum in Jan., but I’m
    having a time keeping up, and just now worked far enough down
    on “recent topics” to see Leelee’s post. I hope that you’ll be able to
    get your CT results before you fly off for some warmth and much
    needed rest. I know that your previous MRI was approx. a month
    ago, so excellent that comparisons in adrenal adenoma’s size is
    being done. Glad to hear that a cortisol level is also being done.
    I don’t have much experience in this area of medicine, but I know
    that excessive cortisol causes Cushings syndrome, characterized
    by high b.p., diabetes and obesity. You sound like you’re in
    excellent hands though, and also have your own professional
    experience to fall back on to find the best surgeon to manage
    your case. I’m so sorry that surgery now looks imminent, Leonora,
    predicated upon the size of the lesion. I understand that the
    majority of these tumors are benign, so try to keep your “head
    space” there until you know something more definitive. You also
    know that you’ve maintained a very healthy diet, which can only
    be a big asset pre-operatively. Once this procedure is behind
    you, we hope that you’ll feel 100% better. In the meantime,
    thoroughly enjoy all that Tobago has to offer, and keep in touch.

Hugs,

Allie

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Leeleecheechee —I just was catching up on the posts (Saturday morning here) and saw your post regarding your health. I’m sending good thoughts and wishes your direction from California.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello my lovelies…

Well, I stayed the same again on the scales. I expected that as I didn’t weigh or count calories all week. It was good to have a “rest” from the weighing and counting but now I and raring to go….. Starting with a 24 hour fast and alternate days of one meal a day, 2 meals a day…..

Today in the UK started off with a gorgeous sunrise but it soon disappeared and now we have a horrible miserable rainy day! However, there was a teasing glimpse of spring yesterday! Snow drops are out and I see green daffodil shoots in pots and in the garden poking through the earth. I’m itching to get out there and start tidying up from all the leaves and things and the weeds and grass where there shouldn’t be grass! 🙂 Having said all that, the temps are due to drop to around 6 or 7C for the rest of this week but yesterday was 13C according to my car! Roll on, roll on! 🙂

I hope everyone has a good day/evening.

Kazzee xxxx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Morning! Happy Tuesday. Not really. I’ve stayed the same! 10 st 3 and a quarter. Well one thing’s for sure I’ll crack maintaining. Did the tape measure trick again 28″ waist, only this time I realised it was upside down meaning I’d started at the 60″ end so am still 32″ aaarrrrggghh!! Wish I’d taken other measurements and not just the waist. Never mind, that’s the one I wanted to shift. How everyone is doing ok or better and feeling much better. Good luck with the weigh ins for today’s weighers x

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Mary, have you got rid of your pesky 4lbs? Your meal sounds lovely and aswell as losing weight you have to live so wouldn’t worry too much. It’ll go when you’ve given it a good talking to. Keep pushing that treacle up the hill. I’m right beside you! X 😉🤗

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Good morning BSDers!

It is a bright Tuesday morning and I have weighed in. A loss of two pounds this week which takes my weight down to ….drumroll……15stone 3 pounds ..that is 213 pounds or 96.6 kilograms. The lowest for around 20 years! Woohoo! I am very pleased. Thank you all for your support.

Tillybud, don’t despair…it will come off…I promise….I have been so down in the past, but I am reaping the rewards now! Kazz a stabilisation is better than a gain! Keep going. Funny thing is…I haven’t lost an awful amount from my waist etc. I have lost it from weird places…the back of my neck (which I didn’t think was so big) my shoulders, my calves, feet, wrists…not my fingers (rings still fit), face (lots of wrinkles now but hey I am 61, only hollywood stars don’t get wrinkles as they get older, and we all know why). I have recently taken up hula hooping to strengthen my core as my back has been hurting. Boy it is harder than it looks!

I have to go now and babysit my lovely grandies. It seems to be all I do at the moment. I have the lovely Noodle on Thursday and Friday mornings. The other two as and when needed, which seems to be a lot. I retired from working with children all day, just to do it again in my retirement! I may moan, but I love it really.

Allie, keep giving your advice and support we all appreciate it.

Lots of love
    the ever shrinking woman who is
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

on

Morning all from a sunny Tobago.

I have been doing absolutely nothing and it’s bliss! Sleep, pool, chill is the every day order! It’s impossible to be low carb here (well it is when catering for yourself) so sandwiches have been a staple 😱 but no harm for a week I guess. Just dreading the cold turkey when I get back. Managed to get some eggs and cream yesterday, so will do some scrambled eggs with cheese for brekkie today before heading to pigeon Point beach.

Have a good day everyone

L xx

• posted by Inka13
    on

Yay Nonna Mary! Xx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Well done nonna! If you can hang in there then so can I! I have lost weight off the fingers on my left hand as me wedding and engagement rings swirl round now but rings are still ok on right hand. Maybe I’ll lose weight off my right hand next week!!
    LeeLeecheechee you enjoy your holiday and cold turkey may not seem so bad next week. Make it a holiday in every sense of the word.

Good luck everyone. Carpe Diem!

• posted by marie123
    on

Mary – great news about the 2lb gone – you’re getting closer and closer to those 14’s x

Kazz, Tillybud – yep, me too – stayed the same (I report-in on the 4 week challenge) – here’s to us doing better next week.

Leelee – just colour me green – I’m so envious, it hurts!

Allie – can’t come on and not say Hi – have a good day!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Leelee, pigeon point beach is stunningly beautiful! (yes, I googled
    it!) I’m so happy to think of you relaxing there 🙂 I’m wrapped
    in fleeces this morning, enjoying a raging head cold, and watching
    the snow come down, AGAIN. Have the time of your life, my
    friend! Absorb that Vit. D, and have a little something with rum
    in it for me. It sounds heavenly..(not the rum, the beach, haha)

xxx
    Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Forget the drum roll, Mary! This moment calls for cymbals at
    least, or an entire orchestra performing “Bolero”. I’ve already
    done a few of my customary backflips in my granny gown for
    you. Weighing in at the lightest that you’ve been in 20 years is
    something to be very very proud of. Why not celebrate with a
    new scarf to frame your beautiful face??? So proud of you 🙂
    I think the 2 lbs. you lost this week have ended up on me. I
    know exactly why though, wine on Sunday and a shortage of
    water yesterday because I was out a good part of the day.
    The pattern continues per usual, and I expected it. I’m going
    to do what I usually do, crank up the water, and the fluid
    retension will be gone in a day or two. I’m now going to
    imagine the hoola hoop….Stay clear of the furniture, and
    enjoy the grandies!

I’m wishing you all a wonderful day…Hi, Marie! I’ll catch up
    with your posts on alternate threads, and Kazzi, only an hour
    to go until we catch up by transatlantic connection!!!

xoxo
    Allie

• posted by Canadaliz
    on

Hey Friends, Just a note….. I’m battling breast cancer and am feeling weak, terror and heartbreak but am rapidly approaching acceptance in my capacity as the eternal optimist. The fun has gone from life for me, for now–but I have not taken a drink. Last year kicked me in my lady balls and I thought life couldn’t get worse between Mum and Kev but I was wrong. I am looking at a radical bilateral mastectomy then chemo, hormone therapy and radiation. I am ER+, PR+ and HER2- which is the best kind but it ain’t good. I apologize for not being here but between Kev’s heart issues and losing Mum I’m out of steam. Fucking life eh? I feel like I’ve been cast upon the sea on a raft. I know I will get back to my grounding of optimism but I’m not there yet. I’ve more biopsies on the 8th and 12th and will have a better picture. I’m sorry this has nothing to do with drinking but maybe if I can encourage you that, even in the face of terror, I have not allowed alcohol to pass my lips; well, maybe that can inspire just one person.
    Much love sisters, Liz, limping to the finish line. xo

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Liz!! Saints preserve us, THERE YOU ARE! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me! What a wonderful surprise to see your name!
    So, another bloody mountain to climb? I am so sorry to read this. My mum had a mastectomy 10 years ago at age 70 and is now fully recovered. It is a very personal experience,, however, and I am sending you the most sincere best wishes and positive vibes. How is Kev doing? Well done on avoiding the satan’s piss! See how strong you are? Please let us know how you are doing, pop on and rant or whatever, we are all here for you. Will be thinking of you always…..

Kazzee xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Nonna Mary – way to go, lady! 🙂 Chuffed to bits for you and nearly in the 14s!!!! Keep going!

Allie, as always 50 minutes gassing on the blower went by in an instant! But we will do it again soon!

Tilly, Marie, Inka – KOKO!

Lee – inspired by your vacation, I booked a 4 days and nights in a nice hotel on the sea front in Jersey for mid April – going to see my sister. Mum coming too, first holiday since her stroke 2 years ago, so we are looking forward to that. Something to look forward to and get me through the rest of this winter!

Two 24 hour fasts the last 2 days, hoping to get into the 15’s by Saturday. (I am on old scales, but they don’t count any more!).

See you later, lovelies.

Kazzeee xxxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.