New life choice for determined alcoholic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Charitable is in keeping with my history of posting for the past 4+ months,
    LtC. Thank you always, for your thoughts.

Allie

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

Having been woefully absent over the last few weeks, I am pleasingly unaware of difficult posts, so will continue with blissful ignorance and hope that all the army on here are ready to plough on for 2018.

How was it for everyone? Every year, I hope it will be better but it never is! Apparently the beef was a little tough. (Chateubriand which to my mind was absolutely melt in the mouth, which it should be at that price) couldn’t get the fork in the steamed sprouts either apparently) I know my father is an old man but he has no idea the effort that goes into a Christmas dinner and not even a single thank you!

I took him to see my aunt (his sister in law) yesterday and we had to go when he said, so no time for me to eat. He then gave her several hundred pounds (because he always does at Christmas) but nothing to the person who feeds, clothes, drives and houses him throughout the year! I don’t want his money, it’s not about that but a thank you would go a long way!

Ah well, grumble over 🀣. I’m off out for a tapas lunch with a friend today. Taking a taxi and planning on a glass of wine and an Irish coffee. It will be a little Christmas treat to myself before I hitch up the wagon again for 2018. Shopping ordered for Saturday and I must say that I’m looking forward to the structure of this way of eating again. I don’t handle temptation well!! Going to make a big batch of three bean chilli which I have with cauliflower rice and a single babybel cheddar on top. Great for cold lunchtimes and keeps me full…

Anyone got any resolutions?

L xx

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Luvtcook – thank you! You are very generous with your comments – I really appreciate that.

Alliecat – this message is for you and you alone. To anyone else reading this, I can’t apologise enough for this crap continuing!. It has left a really bitter taste in my mouth and I know that nice people reading this will feel the same way. I apologise in advance. Time to set the record straight , then I’m afraid I’m off – to do things that make me happy instead of worrying about who I’m upsetting.

So Alliecat – listen up. I take on board your comments above. I’m afraid you have them completely wrong. I had the the comments removed myself! I know ! Shock , horror! The team did not want to remove them. I know – shock , horror. I have their texts – I can copy and paste if you like. I wanted them removed because firstly I felt my comments had been completely misconstrued and I thought them better gone. Secondly, I had directly made some really beautiful comments to 4 people and they completely ignored them , but thought fit to go and comment on other threads. I’ll be honest – That really upset me – what had I done except say nice things to them. So, I thought – I really can’t be bothered with this – I’m off. I really thought I would go , but then some very nice people saw through my trauma and were very kind. All the while I kept saying, I need to answer this person, because I knew how upset I was when my comments went ignored.

Alliecat – go and relook at the deleted posts (if you can be bothered – I personally can’t be) – one post was removed when It was full of nothing but supportive comments. I know who that person is. The rest say ‘post removed by request’ – they were removed by myself. And by the way, you seem to be gunning for me. I have no idea why – I have said nothing but nice things to you – including congratulating you on your weight loss success. I confess – I am completely baffled

Right , I’m off to work – I will not be making anymore comments. I will ‘lurk’ from time to time to see how my friends are doing. Please know that even if I do not comment I am cheering you all on.

To everyone else on this forum – I wish you nothing but the best – surprisingly Alliecat that includes you! – I’m not going to start 2018 feeling bad or bitter. Happiness beckons me. I’m off to live a life!. Thank you for your attention.

I really do apologise to to everyone , but I had to set the record straight. Please forgive me if I do not respond. You know I care – but… see above!

Dumty definitely no more – hahaha

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Crikey – that absence did not last long – really late for work now – my last day in this job!

One more thing I need to clear up.
    – The post that got deleted by another person – it contained the name of an illness which I will not repeat in case this comment gets removed .

Some of you may have guessed I work in the health field – there Alliecat – you were desperate to know! – I only mentioned that illness because I know how easy it is to get carried away with being on a lifestyle change – we may not even know it ourselves. I ONLY WANTED TO HIGHLIGHT THAT ILLNESS – I WAS NOT ACCUSING ANYBODY here OF HAVING IT! Some of the subsequent posts – well what can I say.

Another thing that really needs clearing up – I did say ‘foisting our opinions on others’ – Alliecat took that personally.
    I’ll be honest – i’ve said it all along Ill say it again – everybody needs to do this in their own way. It would be wrong for me to tell anyone else – ‘My way is correct – you are not strict enough’. That is all i was trying to say. Some people are strict – some are not – evereybody else ahould let everyone else be !
    There I feel a lot better now.

I will NOT be answering any comments – especially the bitchy ones coming my way – thank you – To the ones who care about me – I am fine – I really am – and thanks for caring – right off to work ! Wish I hadn’t looked at this forum while having my coffee now!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Dumpy, I feel truly sad for you. You aren’t a victim here. I can’t think of
    anything less appealing than looking through your posting history. I
    have a history of being on this forum supporting everyone on a daily
    basis. I don’t have perfect recall, but I don’t remember you having done
    the same in the 4+ months that I’ve been an active member of this
    community. A half dozen others attempted to offer their insights to
    you after reading your posts. They appear to have fallen on deaf ears.
    Good luck to you on gaining control over your addiction. It isn’t easy
    for any of us.
    As far as “gunning for you” is concerned, I can assure you that nothing
    is farther from my mind. Occasional posters don’t resonate much
    with me. There are far too many others who are sincerely and genuinely
    trying to get well, and it is my priviledge to share my story and message
    of hope with them.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, LeeLee – You’ve missed nothing of value here, don’t give it another thought.
    Dad sounds like a difficult man. I knew that you looked after him, but I didn’t
    realize that he lived with you also. I have seen these scenarios with aging
    parents before. With his SIL he can still be the provider that he always was.
    With you, however, he knows that he is dependent on you for everything,
    and I’d assume that that isn’t a comfortable place for him. I don’t know if
    this helps you much with day to day finances or living, but if you can,
    try to remember his gift to you of his wife’s rings that surely meant a lot
    to him. The day to day lack of recognition that you must deal with must
    be very frustrating, and my heart has compassion for you. Unfortunately,
    the people we love the most and depend upon are often the very same
    individuals that we take for granted. It’s a universal truth, unfortunately!
    Try to take some “me time”, Lee. It is just as important as the time you give
    to patients and Dad. I have enormous respect for you, and sincerely hope
    that you catch a break soon! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Allie

on

Allie, how very true. Many things have value but money isn’t one of them.
    I wore Mum’s rings to lunch today. They made me smile xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hello everyone…had an interesting phone call with the Doctor yesterday. She phoned to discuss my latest blood tests. Didn’t give me figures but said my blood sugar was amazing and maybe we should label it in remission? I of course agreed. Then she said, your cholesterol is 5.6 and as you are diabetic we like it to be below 5….my reply…you have just told me I am not diabetic so it doesn’t matter does it? She agreed. Then told me I have some enzymes showing from my Liver which need to come down. She said it was obviously due to alcohol, despite my assurance that I don’t drink except on Fridays/Saturdays. Anyway…completely teetotal now. Then I asked could that be the reason for the higher reading of cholesterol? Her immediate answer was no! Then she back tracked and said, well yes it very well could be. So retesting in 3 months.

Over Christmas, I only went off plan to have a roast potato, a roast parsnip and my stuffing which is made with potatoes and bread. Everything else was completely BSD friendly. The result is….I haven’t gained any weight. I got straight back onto my WOE on Wednesday 27th. The interesting thing is, when discussing with Jovis, what we should eat on Wednesday, he asked for a salad lol. Talk about a convert. He loves the Red Slaw or Rainbow Salad from the recipe book. Tonight I am cooking a curry (My friend Tajinda taught me to cook) and we are eating extra vegetables with it. It is BSD friendly and so tasty.

It is lovely to see so many people writing their aims for 2018. I may wade onto their site and put mine also. Before I go….I wish everyone on the forum and lurking, the very best 2018 in health, wealth and happiness.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx
    xxx

• posted by marie123
    on

Hurrah! What a brilliant result all round. I must remember that line about the cholesterol.
    Nice to hear from you, Nonna Mary.

Marie x

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

[post removed by request]

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi guys! Just popping in quickly. Had to work today… thought I’d be taking it easy, painting my nails, no one around… Hmmm, nah, nose the the grindstone with year end stuff!

Great news, that, Mary! You must be chuffed to bits. Bugger the teetotal this side of New Year though! I shall be doing “dry” January and possibly February, but I will start from Monday! πŸ™‚

If I don’t post again, before Monday – have a wonderful new year!

Kazzee xxx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Dumpty, congrats on your (early) retirement! What do you plan to do with yourself now with all your free time? It must have been really difficult giving advice that you didn’t believe in. My worst job was when I worked for Centrelink (Australia’s pensions/unemployment benefits etc) and did a one-year stint in a call centre. So many upset and angry clients and the frustrating thing was that so often I couldn’t help them from where I was, I had to say β€˜I’ll contact your local office and get them to follow that up (find your lost form or whatever) for you.’ I couldn’t resolve the issue and just had to deal with the abuse!

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

[post removed by request]

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Whoever you are,
    wherever you may be,
    have the most aspirational,
    prosperous but most importantly
    … HEALTHY 2018 as possible.
    Love to all I know and all you know. xxx

Best wishes
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Last day of the year, and what an eventful year it has been! O/h and I have
    endured some life threatening health problems, I weigh 56 lbs less than
    I did 1-1-17, after losing 91lbs in 2016, and I have become an avid blogger πŸ™‚
    I read a lot of threads before registering 8-13-17, and chose this one not
    because I had issues with alcohol, but because I saw something very special
    going on at that time. We were a group of fiercely honest, loving and
    loyal women who had formed our own sisterhood! I hope to see all who
    are “slumbering” , as MnM says, dropping back “home” in the new year.
    I wish you all a 2018 with absolutely no boundaries to achieving your
    goals.
    The very best to those who remain also. Kazzi, this is going
    to be your year to become the beautiful butterfly you envision, I can
    feel it in my old bones! You have all brought genuine joy to my life,
    and I’m grateful to have met you. Who knows what 2018 will bring, but
    I’m ready to find out! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ See you on the journey…

Allie

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Allie, I wish you a less eventful but superbly wonderful 2018….you have certainly earned it! You have been such a wonderful friend to so many on these forums that I wanted you to feel the warmth radiating back at you.

I also so appreciate Esnecca’s help. You two have been my rocks….thank you both so much.

And again, a wonderful 2018 to you and all the others on these forums. See you on the other side in 2018.

XOXO

LtC

• posted by KazzUK
    on

To my comrades

Much love and arm linking to all my friends here as we march along this road together into a new year! I feel quite emotional! 😊. I am quite humbled by everyone’s support since I joined mid August, thank you all so much!

My family came for lunch today and I am pleased to report I have converted my sis in law to the joys of cauliflower rice which I did for myself to go with my chilli con carne! Result!

Thank you Allie, yes, this is going to be my year although I don’t want to tempt fate!

I’ve just sat down, 4.45pm and am watching Gary Taubes talk on YouTube – why we get fat! Seeing out the New Year buoyed up and ready to go! Tonight I shall open my back door to let the old year out and open the front door to let the New Year in with great relish!

Have a wonderful New Year EVERYONE!!!!!

Kazzee xxx

• posted by Squidge
    on

Happy – and healthy – New Year!

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Happy New Year to all you wonderful ladies. Full of wit and wisdom and sage advice. I had a disappointment over Christmas. I got down from 12 to 9st 12 and then father Christmas brought me some new spanking digital scales. Eager to try them I jumped on them Christmas morning ……. 10st 5 and three quarters! Shock, horror. So all along I must have been 12 and a half stone. One consolation is that no matter what I started/ finished at I lost 2st 2lbs. So as from today I am back on it and I will get under 10 stone …. again. For real this time. Being back on steroids won’t help but I’m on it. good luck everyone. I can do this. WE can do this!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Tillybud

I think I’m going to experience the same thing with my new scales which I will be collecting from Argos tomorrow and I’m dreading it! But you are quite correct in that you have lost that amount of weight regardless of the correct starting weight. I will just suck it up and carry on and not dwell on the β€˜injustice’! Lol. My old scales are 25 years old but don’t show losses less than a pound and a half pound loss is worth knowing about! Plus I’d like to see my BMI stats reducing also.

Kazzee xx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Oh dear kazzee I hope your scales are ok! Mine weren’t as old as that, not quite but only weigh in 2lb increments so these new ones are more accurate. I suppose I should use kilos but the numbers seem too big. I think my BMI is about middling as I’m 5’5″ and it’s at the top end of “ideal” but not far off “overweight” when I started this woe though my waist was 40 and a half and now it’s 32 and a half so getting there.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys, re new scales. I find my the reading on my digital scales differs depending on where I stand on them. If I stand with my toes near the display I weigh 1.5kg less than if I stand further back. And they give a different reading if the central heating is on than if not (old stone house on top of a hill which gets quite cold when its windy. ) …. Not that I have been fixated on checking weight changes πŸ™‚ – just that they are effected by all sorts of things that don’t effect older scales.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Interesting JGwen. I will weigh on old and new for the first couple of weeks so I can judge the accuracy. My old digital scales are very reliable despite the outer rust!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, everyone! It’s wonderful to see so many new faces on this thread..
    Day 1 of the new year, full of hope and promise, and it makes my heart
    leap to think of the possibilities for life changes available to us all as we
    commit to this WOL.
    Luv, your message to me was stunningly beautiful, and I appreciate it
    most sincerely! If only one person receives it, I feel blessed. It’s wonderful
    to see how you’ve been intense in seeking knowledge and support from
    other maintainers here who are passionate about the benefits of this WOL,
    and to my way of thinking, it’s only a matter of time before we see you
    reaching each and every one of your goals. Your knowledge of low carb
    cooking is breathtaking, and I know that there will be much more creativity
    in our menus as a result of all recipes you have spent your time sharing
    with us. I am compiling a LTC file as we speak, and a tribute to western
    PA. tradition is on the menu for this evening: pork tenderloin and sauerkraut!
    We’ll be thinking of you today as we share this tradition with you πŸ™‚ Every
    happiness and success in 2018, Luv. You are a bright light in the darkness…
    Thank you,

Allie

• posted by marie123
    on

All the very best to everyone on this special thread for 2018

Marie x

btw, Tillybud – that’s a great reduction in waist size!

on

Hello and Happy New Year to all you lovely ladies!
    Back on the wagon today and boy is it hurting!
    Weight was 144.8lbs (damn my accurate scales 🀣) At 5ft 6, that’s still in a healthy range but back in September before health and life got in the way, I was at 135lbs and I delighted in being under 10 stone. Ah well, here we go again. Veggie chilli and cauliflower rice currently bubbling away ready for lunch tomorrow and planning menus for the rest of the week.

Handily I left work early today for my first β€œdiabetic” appointment at the docs which was cancelled for the third time! It’s given me time to plan food but so frustrating. Having read many comments on various forums I’m not expecting better support than I get here but willing to engage to see for myself! I can’t even be sure that my diabetes hasn’t been caused by my adrenal adenoma but I have it now and have to manage it. Maybe I will wait to see the endocrinologist at the end of the month…

So, how is everyone else doing with 2018 so far? Everyone seems ready to go again? Is anyone going to do another full BSD 8 week cycle? I am considering it, just not sure if I have the strength of body and mind!

L xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Here we are ladies, ready to be the best we can be in 2018! Day 2, and I wish
    everyone well.

Marie, I usually read the new posts once or twice a day, then come back to
    reply. I’m happy for you that discussing the decisions you were considering
    has left you focused with a plan that you feel good about πŸ™‚ Like you, I hate
    turning something round and round in my head without arriving at a path
    forward! Our friends help in ever way on every day, don’t they? I’m sorry that
    you haven’t been feeling as perky as usual though, and hope this will be the
    solution going forward. There are always so many other factors to consider
    with fatigue besides diet, I think. I’m always concerned about vitamin D
    deficiency in the winter, as well menapausal issues and sleep disturbances.
    It would be really gratifying if you lost that 3 lbs to take you to that celebrated
    place, a healthy BMI. Let me know how things go with the new plan!

LeeLee, you know how to make this happen! Tighten the reins up and you’ll
    get rid of those 9 lbs. I didn’t realize you were similar to me in the height
    department. I’m holding tight at 138 lbs for the past 4 weeks (5’7″) and
    I’m feeling much more confident about maintenance. By the way, there is a
    new 4 week challenge just starting, if 8 weeks seems too overwhelming at the
    moment for you. That could be an option? I’ll be watching for your posts,
    and hope that you return here OFTEN! It’s a bright and shiny new year, so
    dismiss those 9 lbs. I have every faith in you πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Love to all,

Allie

on

Allie, you are like the best ever cheerleader!
    I’m off to Tobago at the end of Jan. yes, I’m a very lucky girl! Can’t wait for a bit of winter sun….
    So I’m thinking I will stick to my 1200 cals per day until after that but very much in the BSD format. My aim is to get below 140lbs before I fly and stick to jerk chicken without the rice and peas while I’m there. Then I shall do another cycle on my return. I am determined now…

Why is there a box of truffles beside me right now? 🀣🀣🀣

• posted by alliecat
    on

That’s only a “virtual” box of truffles, Lee! Imagine this American friend lifting
    them and carrying them off to someone who still thinks of them as “treats”!
    Enjoy every single moment of your much needed vacation…You will return
    tanned and refreshed and more than ready to start anew, Lee. Some time
    away from the frigid temps in New England sounds heavenly to me!!

XOXO
    Allie

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Just popping in to say HI to all, and read updates and visit. No news on my end, just plugging away. Holiday went well for me as I lost half a pound, which was my intent….to maintain and not gain (minor indulgences but over all stayed on plan).

As the weather is so very cold right now have sheltered in place as they say and excercised more and watching more of the insulin and blood sugar control seminars (at Sidney I believe) on the web. Was hoping for better info on the insulin index (noted that sugar substitues do create an insulin response even though they have no carbs to cause actual storage by themselves). I find the info that dried beans have a very low insulin index in spite of the higher carb count very interesting. I am thinking that I may try a veg diet for a week eating dried beans (lentils and garbanzo beans primarily) on a limited basis and see how the diet does. I am very happy with the BSD diet but do struggle to get substantially more fiber into my diet of different varieties for gut health purposes. Would be interested in hearing if other large losers have found dried beans have actually hampered their losses, or if they have simply stayed away from them based on the carb count. I may be a guinea pig study of one. So we shall see.

• posted by VictoriaM
    on

Hi, Luvtcook, I would be very interested in this experiment. I particularly miss my home made hummus and putting lentils in casseroles. Lentils are supposed to be a good source of inulin which is good for us. I won’t experiment until I’ve done my next 8 weeks, by which time I should be down to a normal body weight, and creeping towards my target. I’ll need to start thinking about long term ways of eating as I gradually raise my calories.

Btw. Thank you for the trifle recipe that you recommended for Christmas. It was great and very popular.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi guys

Did anyone watch that programme last night on Ch5 around 8pm? A celebrity was given a pescatarian version of the Keto diet to follow for 4 weeks. She lost just 1 kg after 4 weeks! How could you lose so little? She gave it the thumbs down. But she had lost weight following Paleo successfully in the past. What’s the difference between the two? I thought they were pretty similar.

Allie – just sent you an email – hope it got through to you my friend. Let me know! πŸ™‚

Kazee xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hiya Kazz,

You are not the only one to mention that programme. I thought it was very biased. She did not have a lot of vegetables so it was not balanced either. I hope you are well. Tonight there are several programmes on about diets, one is Tom Kerridge then there is Trust Me…I have followed the BSD very strictly since last November and am pleased to be losing modestly. I hope to be under 16 stone by next week.

By the way, there is a rebuttal by Michael Moseley, earlier on today, about the Times article that was mentioned.

Take care,
    lots of love,
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hiya Nonna Mary

Good to see you and HNY! That’s brill news on your continued weight loss… plugging away at it. Excellent! My new scales weigh 2 lbs more than my old ones! So my new weight is 16.5 as of today. Hope to be joining you in the 15s shortly. Way to go, sister! πŸ™‚

Yes, I was unimpressed by her trial – we all know we lose water the first week – if nothing else, she’d have lost at least 3 or 4 lbs. I’d like to know who commissioned the programme!

Thanks for the other programme suggestions! I’ll be glued!

Loves
    Kazzee xxx

on

Luvtocook, I shall be interested in your experience too. I stuck rigidly to the BSD for the 8 weeks and lost well. I gradually introduced beans and lentils and continued to lose but at a slower rate. I certainly missed the fibre though.

I’ve just made a lentil and spinach Dahl for lunch tomorrow. It comes in quite heavy on the carbs at 15g for 300g but keeps me from feeling hungry and as I won’t be home till 8pm or so, I’m hoping it will keep me on the straight and narrow while I get into the swing of things again.

I shall be watching the shows tonight. Hilarious how all these β€œDiet” shows start in January. Diets don’t work, we know that! We have to change our woe permanently. That’s the tough bit but actually easier once we accept it.

Allie, I stayed away from the truffles!

L xx

• posted by Inka13
    on

Luvtocook, I just needed to give you another huge thank you for that link you gave to the low-carb vegetable sides. I’ve just finished my second lot of the mashed cauliflower (why did I never think of doing it in the food precessor??) with garlic and rosemary, oh yum!
    And last night, seeing my two daughters almost coming to blows over who got the last roasted mushroom, brought joy to this mothers heart, lol!
    Seriously though, they have always been pretty good with eating veg but my 8 yr old now craves bowls of spinach sautΓ©ed in butter and garlic and they both beg me to make roast cauliflower or cabbage for every dinner, and my 11yr old who hates mushrooms will now eat a plateful of them when roasted with thyme, lemon and butter. So that’s a nsv right there!
    Yours and Esnecca’s recipes have helped me enormously to stay on this path, I just find food so much more interesting and satisfying now and my whole family is benefitting, thanks to you and all the lovely people who share their food ideas on this amazing forum!

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Nonna Mary

I’m going off-line for a few days – need to do some shopping, cooking etc – but wanted to come visit and say Hi to you. Hope you’re doing well with the weight loss and generally.

Marie x

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hiya Marie, I have been lurking for a while now. I was going to post on Tuesday (my official weigh in) to give a report on my loss. As you know it has been very difficult for me to lose any weight. However, since the beginning of December I have been extremely strict with myself, and have lost enough weight (around 10 pounds) to weigh in at !5 stone 12 pounds this morning. I am very very pleased! Jovis wanted to take me out for a meal (we haven’t been out since September) and I keep saying no as I don’t want this weight loss to stop…yet!

Thank you for your kind thoughts, I really appreciate it. It is my birthday on 16th (I will be 61) and as usual the family are coming to me. They will be given BSD friendly food and no alcohol. I told them that if they wanted booze at Christmas they should bring their own. My son in law didn’t believe me and expected it. Boy, was he disappointed lol.

Have a lovely few days off and I will see you when you return.

Lots of love
    Mary xxx

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi Nonna Mary,
    Just wanted to say how pleased I was to hear of your great loss and also having your beautiful grandie two days, lovely news!

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Luvtocook. Please, please, please seriously consider publishing your advice and recipes. Your depth of knowledge about food is amazing and the recipes are so tasty and we’ll thought out. Thank you so much! Keep going x

• posted by alliecat
    on

10 thumbs up, tillybud!

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am pleased to report that I have lost a further pound, so now weigh in at 15 stone 11 pounds! Eight years since I weighed this little. In fact I weighed 15 st 8 pounds in 2010.

Thank you for your kinds wishes. I read all the threads and can see lots of people are doing well and losing weight. I would LOVE to be 15:7 next Tuesday for my Birthday, not expecting it though.

Take care everyone, best wishes and lots of love.

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Bugger – I’ve just posted and it’s disappeared! It will probably show up after repeating myself….

So, first of all, hello, sorry I have been scant of posts recently…. everyone is storming along, particularly you Nonna Mary! Bloody fantastic results and your sixties will be swinging at this rate! I meant that in dance terms, obviously!

Allie and Tillybud – I agree totally and said something similar on another thread but at least we have all the info on here and know where to find it.

I weighed in on Saturday and have lost 3 lbs. I posted that on another thread…. BUT am only counting it as 1 lb as my new scales weigh 2 lbs heavier. So was 16.2. Need a big push now to get me over the edge into the 15’s! C’mon Kaz, shift yerself! πŸ™‚

Meanwhile, I’m checking out cowgirl boots. Found a UK online shop! Question is, do I go for square boxy toe or traditional pointy? Ankle or calf length? Two tone snake skin or keep it a bit more sedate whilst I break myself in? I’ve not ordered yet, just window shopping…. but boy does it give me a warm fuzzy! πŸ™‚

Have a good day, y’all! πŸ™‚

Kazzeexxx

• posted by Verbatim
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’ve been lurking and following you all for a few months but have finally decided to register so I could post CONGRATULATIONS to Joes Nonna, Mary. I have been following Mary’s progress or sometimes lack of it and despairing or cheering along with you. You have been keeping the thread going and been an inspirational support to newcomers and strugglers alike, especially since CanadaLiz stopped posting. So ra ra Mary and May the scales be with you.
    V

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Verbatim, it is always lovely when someone takes the time to post. Welcome and thank you again. I has taken a long time to get to this point. I actually started in October 2016 when I weighed 19th 4 pounds. I initially lost a stone, then maintained for a long time, before finding Canadaliz. I re-read her posts to remind me it can be done.

Kazz, you are not far behind me and I look forward to you catching me up. I would go for calf length, snakeskin with a pointy toe, for looks, but a square toe for comfort. You are doing so well. I am so proud to be a member of this sisterhood. Keep linking arms ladies. By the way, where are you all…I have a few weeks off and you have all left. You are missed.

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Verbatim – welcome welcome!

Thanks Nonna – you’re not far off 4 stone lost! KOKO! πŸ™‚

xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good morning, all. It’s lovely to hear new voices on this thread. A warm
    welcome to you all! Everyone seems to be starting the New Year in style.
    For all those that have just or are about to celebrate a BSD birthday, I’m
    thrilled for you! I have set my sights on celebrating 1 year in maintenance
    mid April 2018. It’s so nice for me that Theodora will be reaching that
    milestone at the same time, and we can look forward to it together πŸ™‚
    For those who travel about on numerous other threads, isn’t it marvelous
    that we have so many new members? For the first time ever, I can’t keep
    up!!
    Kazzi, how on earth did I miss that post about your 3 lb loss this week?
    Old scale or new, it’s still 3 lbs πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ A pound is a pound, Joes Nonna,
    and they all count. Congratulations, everyone!!!!!!!!!!
    To all my friends here, I continue to watch for your posts, and hope to
    see you all very soon.

xoxo
    Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hiya Allie – I posted the loss on Saturday afternoon I think! It is easy to miss posts as there are a lot of threads. I would just hate it if anyone thought I was ignoring them, so apologies if someone has commented and I’ve not responded… πŸ™‚

xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Me too, Kazz. ME TOO πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Dipgal
    on

Just WOW Liz! Way to go! You are inspirational to me in many ways..
    First of all, I also drink alcohol – sometimes to excess.. And despite starting a variation of BSD800 and 5:2, I still have been drinking a small amount of alcohol each day. This is day 4 for me. I am not at all (surprisingly) physically addicted after 40+ years of almost daily drinking, but am emotionally. I don’t know why I believe it’s so hard to give up when the small amount I’m now drinking barely gives me a buzz.. Just habit I guess.

I am morbidly obese with terrible knee pain and lower back pain. Absolutely no stamina. 61 years old.. Love to travel and have wonderful opportunities ahead of me. But, this dang weight ruins everything!

I am not diabetic, and haven’t tested my BS.. I do have the supplies.. Maybe I should – and use it as another motivating tool along with the scale.

I am trying to reinvent myself – and reading posts such as yours is so-o-o helpful!

Please log in or register to post a reply.