New life choice for determined alcoholic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Kazz, my dear sweet friend! I had access to the “main frame” email p.c. today, and read
    thru your messages. I not only have a huge smile on my face, but have prevailed upon
    the “old bearded one” to do some work this evening on my p.c. to see if we can test
    this techno problem and get it solved once and for all. I know that you’re tucked up
    for the night and hopefully in dreamland after a weekend spent with those that mean
    the most to you. Hope that I will have some good news by the morning. Please be
    patient with me, this is driving me nuts!!!! :):):)

Hugs,

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Update, Kazz – Just attempted to send you a test email from a different computer with
    the subject “Allie’s new email”. If it doesn’t show up, please let me know HERE. Sooo
    embarrassing! I’m covering my face with my hands…Feeling like my IQ has dropped
    into the double digits…So uncomfortable, but I refuse to give up ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by KazzUK
    on

It worked Alllie! Well done! Going back to sleep for a bit so see you later!

Kxxxx

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Nonna Mary – If you are reading this – wishing you a fabulous festive season and the best 2018. This is our year! So exciting! And while I’m here, same goes to greenjanet, amazingshrinkingwoman and captainlynne and anybody else who used to post – thinking of you all.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Nonna Mary,

I’ve been thinking of you, also, over the last few days. I hope you have a lovely Christmas holiday and hope to see you in the New Year.

Come back when you’re ready, but come back.

Marie X

• posted by alliecat
    on

Marie, I wholeheartedly share your thoughts. Mary, you are very much missed!
    I envision your holiday surrounded by your beautiful daughters, your 3 grandchildren,
    and the exceptional Jovis. Come back to us when you feel able to do so. 2018 can
    be a great year for all of us.

Wishing you a blessed holiday,

Allie
    xoxoxoxoxoxo…..

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Thank you all for remembering me and wishing me a lovely Christmas.

I have been lurking. I just don’t feel like posting. I have continued to be vigilant with what I eat and drink.

I may start posting again in 2018. Let’s just see for now.

I want to SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE….have the most wonderful Christmas and New Year…let’s hope it is a very healthy one!

Calling on Lizzies Army….we need to regroup and drink tea together, before marching over that hill with our arms linked. Shall we meet in Lizzie’s kitchen?

Lots of love,
    Nonna Mary

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello66, on the off chance that you still read this now defunct thread,
    I can’t let this holiday blow past without sending you my warmest
    wishes. I think of you often, and all the joy and laughter you brought
    to me when I joined here in August! I know you have been out on
    the other threads, and certainly know how to reach me there. I put
    an email address up on this one around the last week of october,
    which I’m grateful to Kazzi for picking up so that we can continue
    to communicate on a regular basis there. It would make me
    particularly happy to hear from you, too. I truly hope that that
    day will come, and I’ll continue to put my hopes in that basket ๐Ÿ™‚
    Very best wishes to you and yours for a blessed Christmas,

Allie

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Threads are never defunct, only sleeping ๐Ÿ˜€ all the best to all of Lizzies army, amidst the challenges of life and the holidays in particular.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I definitely like that thought, MnM! Happy Holidays!

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi Nonna Mary!
    Lovely to see your name pop up!
    Like you, I’m reading, not posting but love to see how well everyone is doing. Glad to hear you are still doing well.
    Wishing you and Jovis a very Merry Christmas, and to everyone on these forums. Roll on 2018!!

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

Hello my lovelies.

I’m sat in my bed with a cup of coffee (with cream ๐Ÿ˜Š) and going to take some time to explain my shameful neglect of you all.

So, as you were aware, I’d been suffering a weird mix of health symptoms for a while ( back pain, muscle weakness, plummeting potassium, headache and fatigue) All seemed fairly non exceptional and many of which are things we all have…

Anyhow, long story short following an MRI, the results are in. They’ve found a tumour/mass on the adrenal gland. They anticipate it to be a benign adenoma and as such I’ve got a bit of a wait until I see the endocrinologist at the end of January. I suspect I shall be heading for surgery in the New Year. Either that or steroid treatment (which I’d rather not have)

So, on reading about functional benign tumours on the adrenal gland it appears they can cause diabetes and hypertension which kind of makes sense as I never really met the key indicator for either! That said, the best thing I ever did was discovering the BSD diet and way of life. I definitely feel and look better for it. The quality of my food has improved beyond recognition and I remain alcohol free!

So, I’m sorry for my absence. My fatigue has been beating me up and I’ve really just been attending work and medical appointments but oh how I’ve missed you all and your support.

Shopping done for Christmas (thank you Waitrose on line!) and now I’m going to chill out for the next few days! I’m going to take some time to catch up with all your news and posts over recent weeks. I hope you are all well and happy.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Lee xxx ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…โ˜ƒ๏ธ

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Oh Lee…first let me say it is so lovely to hear from you. Second, I am so sorry that you have this problem, but I am sure it can be resolved. You are in the business so you know far more than me. I really, really send my love and best wishes. Well done on keeping off the booze and I wish you the very best of Christmases.

Lots of love
    Mary and Joseph
    xxxx

on

Mary and Jovis, I have thought of you both often. I do hope you are well.

On catching up, it seems you have been beaten up a few times too. It just makes us stronger I think!

Keeping plugging on xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh LeeLee, hearing from you today feels like an early Christmas present!
    MnM must be correct, thread not over, just asleep…
    It’s terribly difficult to function with crushing fatigue, and I know that
    you have a demanding job, not to mention caring for your father.
    I hope this diagnosis is the first step to resolving your symptoms and
    that 2018 will be healthier year for you! It makes me extremely happy
    to know that you’ve maintained your weight and have been successful
    at avoiding the alcohol! That IS an accomplishment ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m doing well, too, and have been enjoying the new threads, so many
    many new BSD’ers!
    Warmest Christmas wishes to you..Take good care of yourself!
    Just check in when you are able. I’ve missed you, too!
    Love,
    Allie
    xoxo

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Hello ladies. I feel as though I know you all so well even though this is my first time post. I hope Liz and keV are OK. I’ve been so worried about her. I’ve laughed with you all, cried with you all. Shared your triumphs and your tragedies. Willed you back on the wagon when you’ve fallen off and do admire the steely grit and determination of all of you. You are amazing women. I have already lost 2 stone (12 down to 10) so only want to lose a few more pounds. I am not diabetic but certainly didn’t want to be carrying excess weight as at one point it was thought I had rheumatoid arthritis but I haven’t. It is still polymyialgia. I just wanted to wish you ladies a happy Christmas and hope you’ll forgive me for elbowing my way in amongst you all. Keep on keeping on x

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Welcome Tillybud. You can’t but in on this thread, everyone is welcome. Have a great Christmas (Polymyalgia is vile). Keep going, you can do it.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Thank you nonna Mary for your welcome. I do love your story about jovis’s memory loss in hospital. So funny. You told it brilliantly. You two are so happy it comes through your words. My oh is fab too and has been a rock, especially since the cancer diagnosis. What would we do without them? X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

I don’t like to imagine being without my Jovis. You have had a rough time of it, but you have come through. You have done so well to lose your excess weight and with Polymialgia! Keep positive.

Nonna
    xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Nonna Mary! How the devil are you? So good to see you! Have missed you so and have been wondering if you would ever be back. Iโ€™m so glad youโ€™ve popped in. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜. Well done on carrying on.

Lee, same to you. So sorry to hear about this issue, but very relieved itโ€™s non-threatening. Hopefully youโ€™ll be right as rain by the Spring.

Welcome Tillybud. More the merrier! Fantastic result and nearly at target. Superb achievement!

Allie, Inka, MnM – so good to see this thread waking from its slumbers. Iโ€™m very nostalgic about it. The people and the writings are what inspired me to dig myself out of the pit of despair I found myself in last August. I will never go back to the old ways.

Now if Lizzie would just make the festive season complete and pop in, that would be the icing on the ๐Ÿฐ!

Wishing every one of you a Merry Christmas! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„ and jingle your bells loudly!

Love

Kazzeee โ˜”๏ธโ˜ƒ๏ธ

on

Kaz & Allie, thank you for your kind words. Brought a tear to my eye! Thread definitely just slumbering, a bit like me these days!

My new manager (who I loathe as operational support because she is clueless, but one of those whose face fits) is actually pretty good at pastoral care and made me go to Occy Health yesterday who ordered me to work at home one day a week. When I pulled a face, they said just be grateful I haven’t said two days per week! Never been the best at looking after myself, I will admit that!

BSD wise, I’ve had a small gain of 6lbs, but still a healthy weight, sitting at 10 stone in a size 12. Very happy with that. I’ve adjusted my eating habits to accommodate the fatigue. I have coffee with cream for breakfast, my main meal at lunch (protein and veggies usually) and then a sandwich for dinner (seeded low carb bread) it’s not ideal for BSD I know but I’m doing well sticking to 1200 cals during the week and 1500 at weekends (with the odd lapse obviously, especially at this time of year ๐Ÿ˜ฑ) It’s second nature for me to document and record everything that I consume. It keeps me on track and generally halts a lapse in its tracks!

Welcome Tillybud. You will find some amazing and inspiring stories and people on this forum. Between us, we’ve probably experienced it all! You’ve obviously done brilliantly too. I look forward to hearing how. When my health stabilises, I will focus on dropping this pesky 7 lbs of mine that keeps popping back to say hello ๐Ÿคฃ

Oh I’m so pleased to be back!

L xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Kazz I would never desert you! Just having a sabbatical lol. You have done so well with your weight loss. You now weigh less than me. Keep going. Have the most wonderful Christmas with your mother. See you next year.

Lots of love
    Mary
    xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Iโ€™m very reassured to hear that, Mary. Look forward to seeing you in the New Year! ๐Ÿ˜. Love to Jovis too!

Lee, us single ladies can be rubbish at looking after ourselves! Glad you are listening to the doc and that your manager has stepped up! Youโ€™ll soon dispose of that pesky 7 lbs in the new year.

See you all later!

Kxxx

• posted by marie123
    on

Also jumping on to wish you all Happy Christmas.

Allie, Kazz and Mary thanks for your kindness these past few months. Nonna Mary, I smiled when I saw the ‘Mary and Joseph’ signature.

Nice to meet you Lee & Tillybud. I look forward to reading about how you, Dumpty, MixnMatch and everyone else are doing in 2018.

Marie x

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Hi Marie – you sound like a really lovely lady – you have done so well and come such a long way since you were first enquiring about about blood sugar monitors back in the summer. I don’t often come on – my life is very very busy between one thing and another, but I will pop in from time to time to let you know how it’s going. Going great guns at the moment – just over 3 stones off since the summer! But I’m not counting my chickens as they say. I’m hoping to Trek the Grand Canyon in October so that should keep me on track – wanted to do that since I trekked the Great Wall of China a few years ago – so it will be a dream come true! Fingers crossed.
    I wish you all the very best and I know for sure 2018 is going to bring good things for you.

Nonna Mary – good to see you back again – 2018 will see you achieving your goals – without a shadow of doubt!

Christmas/New Year love and best wishes

• posted by alliecat
    on

Marie, one of the revelations to me in the months past is how many
    people read this thread that don’t routinely post on it, yet somehow
    know to find me here! I’ve been trying to catch up to you on the forums,
    but you fly around as much as I do ๐Ÿ™‚ You ARE a genuinely lovely lady,
    and I’m happy to get a chance to wish you a joyous and blessed
    Christmas. I always love your posts…

2018 will be the year that we become all that we can be !!!!!!!!

Love,

Allie

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Dumptynomore,

How lovely to hear back from you. I remember – in fact I was thinking about your advice the other day.

I was on a Desmond course (diabetes self-management) last week and 1 of the other participants told me he got his monitor and strips paid for – when I asked him which GP practice he was with, it turned out to be mine! It’s a multiple practice so wasn’t my GP – in fact he said it was one of the nurses giving the flu jab that had got them prescribed for him. I’m due to see the practice nurse to discuss my Hba1c results on 27th December so I’m going to discuss it with her.

Wow, the Grand Canyon – a dream come true, indeed. No wonder you’re motivated. You know, I’m not a jealous person, but what with you and the Grand Canyon & Great Wall of China, Mitalin and French Polynesia, etc – there’s only so much a woman can take!

It’ll be great to hear how you’re getting on in 2018. And thanks for being one of the first people on this forum to offer me support. x

Do come back and let us know

• posted by marie123
    on

Allie
    xxx
    Marie

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Marie – wonderful news about the monitor – as I said before – worth a try- in all fairness – you are doing so well – you likely won’t need it ๐Ÿ˜€ About the Grand Canyon – i have an adventurous spirit but this blasted weight has put paid to many things – it’s a goal – whether i get there or not, who knows! Not counting my chickens – Speaking for myself only , I know even if I ‘get there’ – I will always have to be vigilant. I am very excited for all of us for 2018.
    Marie – you expressed good thoughts for me above and I didn’t want to let that go un noticed, hence my reply to you. The written word is often misconstrued and I have been completely traumatised recently. I would never target anyone here or their journeys or the way they deal with things, but I fear things were taken personally. I read A LOT about health and I guess in my mind I was only highlighting the dangers out there definitely not making diagnoses! I should have responded at the time, but I was completely gobsmacked at the responses.
    So for that reason, I intend to continue my journey with all its ups and downs on my own. But, please know that I wish nothing but the best for you (you total babe ๐Ÿ˜€ )and you are on the homeward run – I will pop in from time to time to cheer you on!
    Please don’t take offence if I don’t answer any reply you might make – Going to be really busy (as we all will be! ) and also well into the New Year (starting a new job -eeeekkkk!).
    Love and best wishes from Dumpty

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Dumpy…please come back soon. If only to say hello to me. For what its worth. I take my time before replying to posts and often “miss the chance”. However…I feel I have to point out the following. Even if it upsets people…even though it shouldn’t.

The Title of this forum is The Blood Sugar Diet….the book is the 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet. Please note the emphasis on 8 weeks…some of us (me included) decided to continue this WOE. There is nowhere in the book that it says…Thou Shalt Not Eat Carbs…likewise it does not prohibit foods such as Carrot and Onion. It restricts White Carbs, and follows a Mediterranean style of eating.

Page 81 “There is no pizza or pasta. Instead, it is a diet that emphasises the importance of eating fruit, vegetables, oily fish, nuts and olive oil. Yogurt and cheese are warmly embraced. As is a glass of red wine at the end of the day (though this is optional). There are carbs on this diet, but the sort that your body takes longer to break down and absorb. That means legumes (beans, pulses, lentils), not pasta, rice or potatoes.”

This post is NOT AIMED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR! We are all here for the same reason. We all have unhealthy relationships with food/drink. I think that we need to remember that a roast potato/parsnip on Christmas Day will not end the diet or the way of life. It will not send everyone spiralling back into bad habits. If you choose not to, well good for you. I make the most amazing food on Christmas Day and I am buggered if I am not going to enjoy it. It may be only one potato..but I will savour its taste with everyone else. Boxing Day…back to normal….no potatoes, bread, pasta etc.

The most important thing about this forum is the SUPPORT we give and get in return. Let’s remember that as we go forward into 2018.

Merry Christmas everybody. Enjoy it as much as you can! Within moderation!

Sermon over…now excuse me as Joseph and Mary (me) are always busy on Christmas Eve…I can’t remember where I parked the Donkey and I bet the bloody inns are full AGAIN !

xxxxxx

• posted by Verano
    on

WELL SAID! Happy Christmas to you to!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Very well said Joes Nonna, and dumpty, please don’t take what was said on the Lucia thread personally, I don’t think it was meant as an attack at all. I have been in your shoes on another forum where a comment I made was taken badly and the resultant flaming sent me away. I don’t think this is that sort of place at all and there is room for all of us wherever we are on the health and dieting spectrum. For what it worth, although I was never badly affected health wise compared to many on here by my excess weight, I can understand some of the feelings about the food that is so available everywhere being poison to them, as to some extent I feel the same. I feel betrayed by the modern diet which has been able to cause so many health problems for so many people, even those close to me, and is supported by the ‘eat well plate’ disaster that compounded the problem. Science is thankfully catching up and hopefully this is just the beginning of the end of the obesity epidemic. Enjoy your holiday in moderation, and keep on keeping on into the new year. Merry Christmas everybody.

• posted by alliecat
    on

MnM, I share your feelings about the “wellness plate”, as it seems to correspond to the “food pyramid” still being espoused by the U.S.
    Food and Drug Administration (USDA). 8-10 servings of grains, etc.!
    You all are so fortunate that the BSD is so well publicized in the U.K.
    I had to do a lot of my own research to arrive at a plan for myself,
    and it required that I forget everything I ever knew about “everything
    in moderation”. What finally “clicked” for me was the humility to
    accept that I was powerless over simple carbs/sugar, and that
    doing things “my way” never resulted in long term successful weight
    loss. I was a virtual sponge for advice from maintainers here like
    yourself, and I’ve finally begun to feel a level of self confidence about
    my ability to celebrate this WOL long term. We each need a path to
    follow that is sustainable. I’m very grateful that I’ve found it, and
    thanks for all the help you and other maintainers have generously
    given me on my road to recovery. It has been invaluable!

Happy Holidays,

Alie

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Nonna Mary – Heeellloooo! There, I have done as you requested. That post is utterly fabulous and hits the nail right on the head! It should reassure a lot of people . That’s what I was trying to do – but you have done it so much better! I fully intend to have cake if I want cake! Thing is, I might not want it! Haha! That’s liberation! That’s freedom!

Mixnmatch and Nonna Mary – thank you both so much for your kind words. You will never know how much they mean. Thank goodness there are some thoughtful, wonderful, beautiful -inside and out- people in the world. You’ve got me greeting (Scottish word for crying) now. Actually, some of those tears are tears of mirth – at you Nonna -forgetting where you parked your donkey and the inns being full. Ha ha! Your names are the gift that keeps on giving – every year! Very funny. Love your sense of humour!

Both of you , have a wonderful festive season.
    2018 beckons -with our pot of gold at rainbow’s end!

Love and best wishes from dumptynomore –
    actually – scratch that
    Love and best wishes from ‘dumptyreturns’ – ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Dumpty…big fat wet kisses and really tight squeezes! xxxx

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Hey – less of the fat! but I’ll take the rest! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Enjoy your one roastie! Now – be on your way to that inn – you don’t want to miss the main event!

• posted by Searchingrockpools
    on

Merry Christmas to you all, very dear people to me.
    To those of alternate beliefs, Have a great holiday.
    So i have been missing in action..following family court bla,
    Difficulties trying to get finance. Very stressful; family law… money for lies.

SInce last here… ex now remarried, latest is him and new wife are expecting a baby girl May 2018… Ah ha hence the rush.
    Sadly 10yr old has had a very hard time of it.

I have tried mostly to fast from 730pm until 1pm next day. Apart from a coffee at 830am I do well.
    Exercise which is my best friend has dropped off recently.
    But I did sign up for the December Christmas Challenge. my goal was 85kg. On Wed past i hit 84.7kg, Woop woop, but now silly season.
    Been a wine whore so not losing weight./No wonder…
    sorry I’m not here much. Life is busy with work and dramas. Love and best of health to you all

Merry Christmas to all. Much care and love team xxxoo

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Canadaliz – thinking about you and sending Christmas New Year love and best wishes. Please take care of yourself. You are so worth it! And come back when you are ready. This ship needs it’s captain. Drifting a bit! Plus we need you to lick us into ‘shape.’ Your wit, humour and gentle guidance definitely ‘lightened the load.’ We are patient – we can wait – but do come back. Recently some very nice people (you know who you are) here have given me the impetus to hold my head up high and go for it with fervour. You need to expand that team!

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Oh Mary – I forgot – you ARE the main event – nothing is going to happen without you ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Oh Searchingrockpools…you have had a rough time. I really hope you have a lovely few days with your youngster. Take care.
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

SRP-Hello my lovely. I’m done with blogging until Boxing Day, but
    just saw your name come up and I couldn’t sign off without speaking
    to you! I’m so sorry that things have been traumatic for you and your
    son of late. I remember when my ex-brother in law remarried, and
    the pain my sister and my nephew went through at that time. I
    have so much compassion for your son, being only 10 years old.
    (my nephew was only 7) I’ve missed your voice here, because it
    reminds me of what this thread was like only a few months ago.
    I’m super proud of you for doing so well with your weight in the
    middle of so much upheaval! I sincerely hope that 2018 will be
    a much happier one for both of you. Stay strong, my sweet, and
    return to us when you can. We’ve all missed you!

Allie
    xoxo

• posted by KazzUK
    on

SRP , heartfelt cyber hugs from me also. Wishing you and yours a peaceful Xmas and a much happier 2018.

Kazzee xx

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Searchingrockpools – we were typing at the same time. Just saw your post. I’m sorry you’re having a tough time – best wishes for the coming year. xx

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Dumpty

Hope you had a good Christmas.

Just got back from the meeting with the Practice Nurse and it was a definite No to the prescription for BG testing strips. Oh well, I tried. I’m hoping to eventually stop finger-pricking (or at least reduce it significantly) at some point this year, so never mind.

I’m not sure what to say about your last post to me (I know you don’t particularly expect me to say anything) except I was sorry to read it. I notice on another post you’ve signed it Dumpty Returns – I hope so.

Marie x

Never any worries about not responding to posts.

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Aw Marie – so nice to see to ‘see’ you again. Last couple of days has been really lovely meeting up with my family and friends – especially my dauaghter who lives a few hours drive away and doesn’t get home very often. Hoping you have also had had loads of fun.

It’s really strange that even within one practice , policy differs about who gets and who doesn’t. It could be that you are doing such a good job taking control that you don’t really need one. It makes sense that if you tackle the diabetic issue at source – i.e diet and exercise , then everything else should fall into place i.e blood sugars. There will be people that who are more resistant will need more meds, and therefore more monitoring. You’ve just been diagnosed and as MM says – a better chance of reversing diabetes. No monitor = Marie is taking control anyway – woo hoo!

Yes , that last post – not sure where that came from myself – just don’t like what i’m saying to be misinterpreted but it’s in the past, certainly not going to dwell on it. I only really posted a couple more times because you , Nonna Mary and Mixnmatch were very kind and humanity should not go unnoticed or un appreciated. So , thank you again ladies!

I used the word ‘liberation’ a few days ago – it’s really lovely to see that word being used by others too recently. We are all feeling liberated in our own individual ways.

I know I said ‘Dumpty returns’ – but i’ll be honest – I’m only going to pop in on the odd occasion if at all. Starting a new job and that’s never easy plus continuing on improving my life which is going great, but still needs time e.g to cook, exercise etc. Although, you can be sure If I see something something controversial or I think the wrong the wrong advice is being given , I fully intend on rocking the boat again – hahaha – only in the interest of disseminating correct info rather than targeting anybody on these forums – I would never do that! I read so much about health, I’m a little miss ‘know it all’. Not quite so much ‘do it all’ sadly – hahaha.

Anyway , I digress Marie – you are an absolute joy and very caring- bless you, my friend, and as I said before – I wish you utter joy, happiness and success – and I most definitely will be there when you sail past the goal post! Love success stories!

Adios for now!
    Dumpty

• posted by marie123
    on

Dumpty – xxx

Promise me, though, that as well as cheering me on when I get there, you come back now and again to let me, and everyone else, know how you’re getting on working towards your Grand Canyon dream – I really would love to know.

Btw, meant to say good luck with the new job.

Marie x

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

So wonderful to see Joes Nanna and Dumpty back again…..sometimes the threads get so busy that what is just a week or so feels so much longer due to all the conversations going. I, like others, am catching up after the Xmas break so my apologies for being a bit late to the game….but I so like the direction this thread is going.

I truly believe there is no malintent on any of the comments here. Some of the Maintainers feel passionately about the path their journey took and are only trying help and guide the rest of us the best they know how based on their experience. But ultimately everyone needs to find their own path….some straight as an arrow, eyes on the prize, no wiggle room. Fast and successful. Others may take a more meandering route….may take a bit longer to get there, but choose to smell the roses along the way. But many of us have had what we thought were slight deviations before with the intent to get back…..and then got lost in the weeds along the way. So you can understand the concern that a few of the strident loses feel for those they fear might lose their way. But it is all intended to be supportive. Everybody just needs to give one another some breathing space….and be there to lend a hand when we climb back out of the weeds.

Thanks to everyone for all your encouragement and support, and for the best advise you know how to give, even if some may not be ready to hear it just yet. It has not been lost….its waiting for us when we are ready.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you LtC. Your thoughts are always well reasoned and well articulated.
    I have to respectfully disagree though, about liking the way this thread is
    headed. I find it very unfortunate that a distasteful event that occurred on
    a different thread and did not involve any of the posters here, has been
    brought here, 5 days after the fact. Those posts have been thankfully
    removed, and the moderators have addressed them. Since the “evidence”
    has been removed, I see no earthly benefit in revisiting them.
    I appreciate your support and all that you have brought to the forums,
    and I will be on hand to cheer you on to victory! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Allie

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Allie, I was refering to the comments of the last day or so…..a little more charitable.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Luvtocook, thank you for the many recipes you post! The purpose of this thread has always been to support, no matter what the problem. In this day and age I think we need to remember that we are all just human and working hard to get through life. We can be very hard on ourselves and support on forums can help us all. I am sure Canadaliz would be proud to know that what she started is being continued.

Let us all be kind to ourselves and everyone else.

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.