My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi everyone,

Lucia, here in Australia we’re commemorating ANZAC day today. A pretty busy time. Many of us attend ANZAC marches/parades.
    It’s been a long weekend, with the public holiday today, so I imagine lots of Aussies are ‘out and about’.

• posted by jillyB
    on

Hi Lucia,
    I am an Aussie and can report that the weather is beautiful, sunny and calm…..all this in spite of being in the second month of autumn ! Today is Anzac Day so is a public holiday. Thousands of people turned up for the dawn service at our Shrine of Remembrance….as it was pretty cold at that time of the morning they were well rugged up. It’s a very moving and emotional time. Later, mid morning, we have a parade of veterans down one of our largest roads with thousands of people going to watch and cheer them on. The very elderly are driven in the march, and later they mostly convene at pubs to chat with old comrades and remember all their friends who fell.

jilyB

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi jillyb, which state do you live in? That’s the second reference I have heard to a dawn service for Anzac day!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto
    Could you not utilise the space in the rear compartment to store your snorkel, mask, flippers, beach ball etc?
    Thought it would be helpful.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿก๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿก๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿก๐Ÿฌ

• posted by Lucia
    on

To all Australians,
    I salute you on your special Anzac Day.
    After the seriousness in marking the day, I hope you all celebrate it too.
    Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Please may I also acknowledge 1006 posts.
    When I started it, I was just doing a dear diary to myself.

Now I have millions of friends all over the world, who know I am crazy but still come back for more.

Big hugs to you all.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi hashimto,
    I notice you ask what state jillyb lives in.

In case I ask, I live in a state of blissful insanity, looking for the humour in all things as life is too short to growl at.
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by jillyB
    on

Hi Hashimoto,

I live in Victoria but I think most of Australia does the dawn service, even a lot of suburban places and country towns have a small ceremony around their cenotaphs that honour the young men who lived in that town and didn’t return.
    I forgot to mention, after the service and having a drink with their old comrades, we also have the annual football match which is huge. This is part of tradition with the same two teams playing against each other. This is all part of our big league and they somehow arrange these two teams to meet each Anzac day. It was a cracker of a game today. As you probably know, Australians are football crazy, even I have my team to barrack for ! My two sons are mad for it, too ! Nice to hear from you.

jillyB

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Wow Jilly, that’s quite an event! I’m very impressed by dawn services! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by jillyB
    on

We sure do, Lucia !

A huge football game ! What else ? we are Aussies !!

jillyB

• posted by jillyB
    on

Hi Hashimoto, Our Shrine of Remembrance is very beautiful and stands high up on lovely green lawns amongst magnificent trees that have been there since the 1st World war. It might be on google if you want to see it,

Regards jillyB

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Jilly I’ll google it. Sounds lovely
    Judith

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith,
    I am going to try the spirilizer tonight and have cod with a pea sauce, and courgette spirals, it’s an experiment!
    Wish me luck, I’m not too good and coming up with ideas for anything, however I can copy anything, don’t know what that says about me?
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi christine that sounds delicious! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi team,
    I used the spiraliser on carrots, courgettes, cucumber, onion.
    I have used it for spuds but these were not eaten by me.
    Mine is a ยฃ19.99 from Argos, you push the food onto a pointy bit.
    Then bring the slide over to touch it, and turn the handle.
    I get a ‘core’ left, the size of a pencil.

It’s like an old fashioned mangle!!!

I steam veggies for one two to three minutes, to keep them a little crisp. I put the fish in my home made steamer first, then later the veg do they finish together.
    Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi jillyB
    Lest we forget. . .Recessional ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith,
    We had an hilarious time this evening with the spirilizer! I was busy making meat balls for tomorrow’s meal with the girls, (they come for tea on a Tuesday after swimming,) I am out on a Tuesday until after 3 so have to be organised for the meal, anyway I was multi tasking doing the washing, drying, folding, making meat balls, and making the fish and pea sauce, so I asked Angela to have a look at doing the courgette spirals, it ended up both her and hubby trying to work out how to use it, then of course me putting my two pennath in! Needless to say it was a shambles, we did get some spirals and I got the fish and sauce on the plates, it was just a bit of a disaster all round, I think we need to practice a bit more!
    Even so we didn’t break our diet we just ploughed on and dished up what we had and ate it.
    Will have to get some gram flour, I have all sorts of flours, (gluten free stuff) however not one of them is gram flour!, oh well maybe I can get some on Wednesday cheers for now
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi julia18togo,
    How are doing with lucia’s challenge? I see by your posts that you are being very active with running Pilates and gardening, you are putting me to shame! I have done a good bit of housework today, so much so that it didn’t leave me any room for excercise, I look at housework on a Monday as my daily workout!
    Keep up with the challenge, and good luck,
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi team,
    How are we all doing?
    It’s very cold here this morning.
    My face and hands were like ice.

Everyone in work are full of colds, so much sneezing and blowing of noses and dampness there is a rainbow in the hallway!!
    Have you ever tried to avoid people when there are millions of us in the building? It’s not easy.
    Will go for another walk at lunchtime to blow away the germs.
    Keep happy keep healthy.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

What’s your favourite way if jazzing up a boring traditional recipe?

What is your absolute favourite herb or spice?
    You can only pick one…….

Mine was plain old boring mint, but now I have Rosemary. When cooking, it gives food a different personality.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

And I am into … I think it is called parchment paper, or grease prof paper or baking paper.

You put a few slices of lemon in the middle of the sheet.
    Place fish on top.
    On other bit of lemon, now I like about thre tablespoons of liquid, lemon juice, or water.
    So fold like a boat. Put the liquid in.
    Then close the parcel up.
    If your wrapping skills are a bit iffy. The I use a cocktail stick or wooden tooth pick through the top to hold it all in place. Then pop it in the oven.
    You can add anything, veggies, sea grass, lemon grass, different herbs.

So you are not standing for hours prep’ing the food.

You can always make the parcels earlier and stand then in a bowl or sided dish, then when you come in from work, put the oven on, put the parcel in, prep up a side salad or nuke or steam a bit of veg then the parcel should be done.
    A Gordon blur meal in minutes. I know it is cor don blur but my speller is having a fit.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Cordon

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Christine, there is a video on how to use the cuisique – i think it is mentioned on the literature which comes with it. X
    Just google ‘ cuisique spiraliser video’ its on youtube x

• posted by Lucia
    on

Bleu.

• posted by Lucia
    on

What number are we up to with the petition please?
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia, just use foil, it is MUCH easier!!!

I add veg to my parcel fish too. Chilli, garlic,lime, soy sauce first – then onion, mushrooms, tomato, courgette, pepper etc then you have an all in one meal
    Xxxx

PS and no pan to wash after!

• posted by Lucia
    on

When I say …put the oven on….. I don’t want to see anyone putting their arms and legs in the oven or grill, trying to wear it. Come on people, this is serious…. You know metallics are SO 1970’s.๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    Foil is SO average, I was trying to sound posh and professional with my paper.

Okay, go with the foil, it’s quicker, easier, faster, will hold its shape when you put liquids in, doesn’t need a cocktail stick, but apart from that…… I suppose it’s ok….๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ™
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Morning Lucia. Re herbs, I stuck chervil and bronze fennel, sweet woodruff and salad burnet in my garden on Sunday!
    Confession though – my Pilates class booked for today will need to be cancelled as I am looking after someone this evening and busy this afternoon too. My day off work pretty busy today – but on the plus side I will get more work done on the garden this morning. Still not finished digging up the turf for my paths… it is back breaking work but oh so good for burning the calories and a better workout than any gym routine!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lucia you can always log onto tge petition thread and leave a comment there – it brings the thread to the top and is.more likely to attract attention!

Soooo, I’m leaving you to investigate rather than tell you the number!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Christine – I am not that active as my job is sitting at a desk 3 days a week. But I did run 600k last year (although it didn’t work in terms of losing weight – it’s the BSD did that!). This year I am jogging much less but yes I am adding Pilates to the mix, mainly because I need to for a hip injury! And you should remember that by Lucia’s calculations I am only 24. OK, 42๐Ÿ˜ So a bit more activity than i currently do is really called for.
    My legs and shoulders are still recovering from Sunday’s gardening but I am going to shift my carcass out there now๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia
    Oregano, or marjoram, which I believe is the same thing? My mum used it a lot in her cooking, she was way ahead of her time, she would have been 101 if she was still alive, I think it had something to do with the fact her mum was in service.
    I always put parsley with garlic, it stops your body uuusssing the garlic smell from your pores, sage is great in lots of dishes.
    Which foods to you put your herbs in?
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia
    Just saying, you are so funny!
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Christine, parsley is a fantastic food, we should all eat LOTS more of it!!
    Judith

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Judith et al – I think I once read it has the highest concentration of vitamin C of all veg/herbs?
    But of course we don’t consume it in such large quantities as other veg.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Julia, I grow a big tub full every year and make pans of parsley soup. I make enough during the growing season to have it at various times through the year. It tastes wonderful!
    Parsley is also really lovely chopped on top of Rose Elliott’s black eyed bean and vegetable stew.

Parsley is rich in a range of vitamins and minerals including iron ( 30g = 10% of iron for the day), you’re right we really don’t eat enough and we could all add it to salads, stews, currys etc

Folks we should all google nutritional values of parsley and add some to our food.
    That is my challenge to us all! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith,
    I grow parsley in my herb garden just outside my kitchen door, plus chives, mint, sage, thyme , Rosemary, mint etc. Since Angela has moved in she has taken over looking after it, so now I also have basil on my kitchen window, and curly and flat leaf parsley, which I like to put in my salads.
    She is also growing rocket and kale plus other veg, ( not sure yet what!)
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Julia18togo,
    Well I eat a lot of parsley so It should keep me healthy! Although I do like lots of herbs and salads plus veg, if I didn’t like meat and fish so much I would make a great vegetarian!
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Oohh Judith I like the sound of parsley soup! I must try that when my parsley starts taking over the herb garden
    ,christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

The petition is at 246.
    Come on people, if you haven’t registered please do so.
    They send an automatic email to you, you click on the connection and you have added to the list.
    I did mine, my hubby and coaxed the neighbours and people in work to do this.
    If each of you and family and friends click the link, we can get it going.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith,
    You can tell I am responding to emails can’t you with all these individual posts from me?
    We will get round to reading the instructions and watching the video given a bit of time, it’s just we wanted to have a go with it and we hadn’t time to read instructions, or should I say Angela and hubby didn’t!
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

So I said …. Pick one herb.
    Hands up all those that selected more than six?
    There were a few of you.
    So if I said, if you were hanging up by your ears and had to pick ONE, come on people.
    I am looking for ideas, you know I cannot cope with too many things.

This parsley sounds good.
    What’s the instructions, and don’t say shove it in your mouth and chew!
    Do you chop it, shred it, soak it, de-stalk it, I need data, data,Miata.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Parsley, what can you do with it? You can pick it wash it and eat it, with salad, shred it and add to food, take one stalk and ‘dress’ your meal with it, (if you are posh!) make soup, see Judith’s post, add to olive oil and garlic to make a sauce, anyone got more ideas for Lucia? I’m going brain dead now, it’s late for me you know!
    Christine
    Plus battery nearly flat!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi so I am announcing that it’s parsley day on Saturday. I will get some and try it with my meals.

How us everyone this morning?
    I was so cold yesterday evening I had to put the fire on!
    And regretted taking the electric blanket if the bed.
    That’s the trouble with losing my blubber, nothing to keep me warm.๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
    It was so icy this morning too.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Can you all lean back away from the computer and phones please.

Government health warning……….

I have a cough and a cold.
    I knew that when people in my office got it, only time would bring those pesky little bugs crawling over the wooden floors, up the chair leg and at me.

Oh well. Have got lemons with me today for a hot lemon drink.

One of those things.

Love lucia

• posted by Just do it
    on

I’ve filled my kitchen window sill with parsley, basil, mint, coriander and chives (big ones from supermarket and they are still going strong 5 weeks later – it’s like an indoor greenhouse! I add a handful to everything I make, delicious!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Parsley and lemon zest rub on some cod, Lucia.?
    Xx

Sorry about the cold – I drink lemon, chilli and ginger when I have a cold! Slice of lemon, a piece of ginger root and a sliver of chilli in a mug, add hot water – very warming and comforting!

• posted by Lucia
    on

In pride and prejudice
    I love the expression,,,,,
    I would have been a fantastic concert pianist, if only I could play the piano.

My version,,,,,
    I would have been an excellent size 10 if I hadn’t been stuffing my face with junk.

So here we go again,
    One note at a time….
    I think, being on this path a month, I am able to play the kids tune ‘chopsticks ‘.

Keep practising, keep happy, oh and don’t forget to swoon over mr d’arcy.
    Sigh….
    Love luciaXxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    Sorry, I thought you were giving me a cold remedy.
    To rub myself all over with parsley and lemon zest.

You know my brain isn’t wired the right way.

Ps, wouldn’t the parsley fall off me as I walk?

๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‹
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.