My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mr d’arcy.

๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›โค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”โค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™โฃ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž
    Oops.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Well, it might fall off as you walk but you would leave a fragrant smell in your wake ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Way to go, justdoit!:)

• posted by Just do it
    on

Sorry you’ve got a cold Lucia, try echinacea its very effective, you’ll be better in no time. I’m with you on Darcy, or Colin Firth in any role! Jules x

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Christine, I was like a kid at xmas when i opened mine too. Then i had to keep watching the vid as I used the spiraliser, jigsaw puzzles and mechanical objects are not my forte ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Ah Lucia, do you have a cold hun?
    I have a big jar of Vicks here in case you need some rubbed in somewhere.
    Purely for medical reasons of course ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Lucia
    on

So Bill, where on where have you been?
    I have been asking after you for AGES.
    Are you on the thread called … After 8 weeks?
    Where all the skinniest ones are?
    Are you swooning?

Love luciaxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Better than a rip up down with an oily cloth
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

The sun is shining, beautiful blue sky.
    Probably snowing here on the weekend knowing my bad luck
    ๐Ÿ˜•
    Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi, my computer is having a field day with
    Rub down with an oily cloth?
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Just having a hot lemon drink.

I like having a cold.
    If you want people to leave you alone, pretend to start the build up to sneezing. Boy to they move quick.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi L
    Just had a busy couple of weeks with work and family.
    You don’t get rid of me that easily, look after that cold ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

just thought you didn’t love me any more now that I am the shadow of my former self.

Glad you are back, are you at the registration area greeting our new members?

I remember you were one of the first to welcome me.

How are your eyes, have they settled down?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Eyes are doing great hun, no signs of any further bleeds ๐Ÿ™‚
    How could I not lurv you any more ? You’re my little protege, (notice the L word in there?)
    I love the answers you have been providing to people too, you’re turning into quite a mentor ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Lucia
    on

Mentor, or do you mean mental and your spell check is on๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Brace yourself…. Going for another walk tonight, so I will have time to think.
    Then bombard you all with my weird little mutterings.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by jillyB
    on

Hi, all from Australia.
    Tis been another sunny warm day today – in autumn ??? But blowing a gale – not so nice as I had to go out for my 5 weekly eye injection.
    Well this has taken me to the half way point….started my 1st day of my 4th week.
    Pro and con : lost 10 1/2 lbs ..a bit disappointed, have been stuck for the last week. My reflux has gone, no my pills. My blood sugar readings have become almost normal. Have had no insulin since day one. Still waking during the early hours with quick sudden cramp in my calves in spite of taking magnesian supp. for years [ as I am prone to cramps ] and have now bought some salt tabs , so have had a slight improvement. Guess it is because of all that water flushing my body salt out. Have settled down a bit with the food and my husband is being a terrific support even though he is not dieting…he’s just a 6 ft 3in lean machine, can virtually eat what he wants, don’t you hate people like that ?? My blood pressure is still a bit high after I have had it under control for years.
    Have been reading all the latest news from you all.

Time for bed. Goodnight, jillyB

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi jillyb,
    Please don’t be sad about your weight loss.
    If you went to ww or sw you would only be expected to lose one pound a week. So that’s 4 pound and you have thrashed that with your 10.5 pounds.
    You have got nearly all your health issues under control, so now you can focus on the weight.
    Have you been walking, jumping into puddles, chasing after rainbows, that you may never find again,
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถlife is much to beautiful ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ to live it all alone, ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถand oh I wish I had someone ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ to call my very own, I’m just a day dreamer ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ
    Sorry, I just morphed into David Cassidy ๐Ÿ˜€

So where were we, oh yes, strut your stuff , shake your booty. Enjoy your weight loss.
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Do you know, even with a cold coming on, I am in a good mood.
    The sun is shining here.
    And someone has bought chips.
    I can smell them. Ooohhhhhh they are yummy.
    BUT
    I don’t want to eat them

I feel the same way when I smell vinegar, my mouth goes moist, my pulse quickens, I enjoy the aroma, BUT I won’t want to eat them.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Anybody doing anything unusual this weekend with the bank holiday and all?
    I am aiming for 20,000 X three days๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Going to have a mooch in Iceland.
    My new veg shop is 4 miles each way. So bike or shanks’ pony. (Walking)

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith,
    I’m terrible when I get anything new, I have to open it there and then, I’m so much worse than the kids at Christmas! I’m just a big kid really!
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

My dad was always keen on shanks’ pony – as long as it was us not him lol

Well, how many millions of steps to Iceland, bit extreme for the veg shop, it could be dead by the time you get back (joke)
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Hashimoto
    Ice land is three miles each way. The opposite way to the veg shop.
    It’s good that I have a target to go to and come back from, the only problem is carrying the shopping.
    I will have knuckles dragging along the ground. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

I should get one of those shopping trolleys and run with it.

The other Iceland, is a bit too far for me to walk to and back and I would probably get lost.๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    Love
    Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by jillyB
    on

Good morning Lucia,
    Having had a total hip replacement and riddled [ doctor’s words, not mine ] with arthritis, I find jumping in puddles and chasing rainbows ” mission impossible” . Didn’t I read something in MM’s book that exercise during the dieting did diddly for your weight, however, once the diet is finished exercise is very important for maintenance ? I am hoping this is right and as I have read many forums here that are working out like crazy with their diet and not losing a thing, so that seems to bear that out….I hope !!
    Thanks for your comments Lucia.
    jillyB

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,

I wish I knew how much shopping you buy at the veg shop and Ice land……..because I keep wondering if you could fit it in a backpack. Maybe you own a backpack and can use it while deciding whether to buy the pull along shopping trolley? Full backpacks make you stand up straight (we all look thinner when we stand up straight!)

Wishing you rainbows.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    I only go to Iceland once a month, and I stock up on frozen veg and meat. Some pasta for hubby.
    As it is payday this weekend, Iceland has a visit from me.

Re the veg shop.
    I get a cauli, drum head cabbage, lettuce, toms, mushrooms, apples, beetroot, celery, onions, water cress, nuts, peppers, pears, radish,
    Then
    Bananas and new potatos for hubby. I go through them in the week, or prep and freeze them.

Don’t I sound professional, only in the twinkle of an eye, I was going to kfc or McDonald’s or burger king on the way home from getting a trolley full of junk food.

Slapping myself on the back.๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Lucia
    Excellent shopping list! Yep junk food seems so long ago. Had a laugh at KFC. I went on hol to St Lucia (yes!) some years ago. The chap taking us round the lovely island said KFC stood for Kan’t Fry Chicken! ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ˜…

• posted by Just do it
    on

Great shopping on the BSD isnt it? I feel so proud of my trolley now. I look at other people’s and see all the carbs and just want to tell them all about what we’ve been lucky enough to discover! Re McDonalds I took my son there after dentist this evening, a rare event luckily as it’s miles from home, and usually I would have enjoyed something from there but tonight found the smell absolutely disgusting so not tempted in the least! Thanks Doc M!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi just do it,
    I went to McDonald’s recently and had a great tuna salad, so you don’t need to miss out when friends and relatives are going there. Hope you managed to have something tasty and no carbs?
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    So now it’s raining with sleet. My walking plans may be a bit wobbly now. I want to go out into the fresh air, but not fozen air!

I may do it all by push bike so I get the exercise and hopefully stay dry.

Any body thinking of taking up a new hobby like tap dancing (bug don’t fall into the sink)
    Or body painting ( you need a 12 inch roller to cover me)
    Or building a life size model of the leaning tower of pizza from cocktail sticks (yes I mean pizza… Maybe pepperoni)

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Just do it
    on

H Christi, I wasn’t hungry so had a yoga class instead! Great idea re salad though thanks.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi
    I will tell you about the argument I had with myself and who won.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

In my first week I said, it’s a lot easier and quicker to make butties for my lunch every day.
    And I believed it.
    But then I did a test.
    I buttered two slices of bread at the same time I opened a Tupperware box
    On the bread I put salad, in the box salad
    On the bread, chicken , in the box chicken,
    On the bread I had to put sliced tomatoes which made the bread soggy, in the box I put whole cherry tomatoes.

I gave the butties to hubby ( crafty eh?) and I took the box.
    My salad was not like a squashed butty, it was nice and crisp.

So, i told you so. Butties are not faster than a boxed salad, the extra times is the buttering if the bread.

I won!!!.

Love Lucia
    Cxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I will tell you the argument about temperature.

Salads are cold and chilly,
    Chocolate melts in your mouth at body temperature. This is not fair.

But as summer is around the corner, okay, okay, around the block a and down the road a ways……. Salads will be cool and yummy. Chocolate will be a horrible brown puddle, smudging onto your fingers and going everywhere.

Salads win again!!!๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Had a cough right through the night, so slipped cold water and had to take cough mixture to ease it.
    I know there are a billion calories and a ton of sugar on each teaspoon, but I needed to sleep.
    I had run out of lemon and honey with hot water.
    I am okay if I put weight in with this cold, I know how to eat correctly, it is not going to make me give up.
    I am ready fir e bump in the road if I hit it, and how to land on the other side of it.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia,
    I hope you will feel better soon, and that you can have a bank holiday rest? Nothing worse than being up in the night coughing, you have my sympathy!
    A bit of medicine is not going to impact on your weight loss that much, you need to keep yourself dosed up!
    On a totally different point, I am 1lb/ยฃ1 nearer my sparkly bracelet.
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi just do it,
    Oh I used to love yoga, I can’t do it now cause of a back problem, ironically yoga makes it worse! If I twist I trap nerves! Not good believe me.
    On the up side I have found a Pilates class, the downsize, it’s on a morning that I can’t do, yet, I’m hoping I can giggle things around and try and make it.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia,
    The good thing about cold food is, you burn calories to bring it up to body temperature before your body can digest it, so it’s a double whammy!
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia sorry to hear about your cold.

Stock up on lemons again – or even a bottle of jiff lemon juice. The sugars in cough syrups don’t help with coughs. Try some ginger root and/or chilli with the lemon.

Hope you’re better soon ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

In the daily mail, a woman weighs eight stones and the scales says she is fat.
    She has washboard abs.

I told you and you didn’t believe me.

The world will be taken over by scales……. they are quiet….. Slowly…. Getting to us. One day they will take over , they will change the scales reading, we will all be in shock then BAM! They have taken over.
    They are like the stone angels in Doctor who……….

Love Lucia

Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Christie,, or should I call you skinny!

Just think for each pound in weight lost, it is an inch of links in your bracelet. Isn’t that wonderful.

Keep going. Keep losing , keep happy.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lucia,
    As I was reading that about the scales I was thinking about the weeping angels episode too. Then I got to your last line lol. Scariest one ever!! Don’t blink, whatever you do don’t blink….

• posted by Lucia
    on

I need to bring the dangers of the scales to the attention of all the readers of the bs800 diet.

These look so harmless but they are lethal.

I have had a few run ins with mine, people thought I was just refusing to accept a weight gain.

Sorry, I have to go, got to talk to my cute spleen ( see previous blog for history)

Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi, well , we have had snow, so I have had hit lemon etc to control my cold,
    Now who’s up for a snowball fight?
    Will have fun cycling in it.

Hope you all stay dry and warm and active.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia, I’m up for a snowball fight. Where I live (670 metres) it snows about once every 10 years but never stays on the ground. Sooo,
    I raised my children with us all having pretend snowball fights…..hilarious! So, yes, a cyber snowball fight across the hemispheres is in order! Just think of the calories we’ll burn.

BAM…..incoming snowball.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia,
    How are things going for you, has your cold gone? I am very fortunate that my village, which has grown and is not now really a village! has a supermarket, Iceland and a home bargains, plus the usual butchers etc, I also have A fish man who comes to my door each week, I don’t think I could walk to the shops, do the shopping and walk back, so I am very impressed that you do that, well done you.
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi everyone what a great day.
    I have had my eyes tested and all is well with them.
    I have been to a little company that has a unit, not a shop, and ordered a pair if specs, I had to get the new glasses fitted as my head is SO SLIM now.
    Garden is tidy again, front And back.
    Been out and about
    Had steak onions and mushrooms for my evening meal.

Been okay today but now, in the evening, my cold is coming back, so more honey and lemon etc.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So gang,

If you were an ingredient, what would you be?
    And why?

I think I was a King Edward potato. Big, uneven, dull, just a plain old spud.

Now I feel I am celery, green and youthful, crispy, slender.
    But
    Like marmite you either. Love it or hate it.
    You either love my crazy, going off on a tangent, or hate that I am not just fact and figures about the diet.

I hope , merely to bring a smile to your Face and dull days.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by thepolly
    on

Hi all,

Sorry I got sidetracked for a few days. Been looking at other low carb type diets online. I came across the harcombe diet and dietdoctor.com. They all have recipes which may be nickable ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve been plateauing and also trying to get my head around my diabetes diagnoses. Glad I’ve started to take the first steps towards correcting weight and sugar issues ๐Ÿ™‚

Everyone else seems to be ticking along nicely ๐Ÿ™‚

My favourite herb is thyme but am quite boring with it and mostly use it with slow cooked meat.

I know you only wanted one but coriander or cilantro in american recipes is really good either added to things like guacamole or just eat it in salad. I used to hate it cos it used to be like eating washing up liquid but I quite like it now. It’s also full of lots of good stuff

Polly x

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Saffron – bright, exotic, expensive (!)

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    So how is everyone feeling?
    Are you getting into the… Same old same old.. Mood yet?
    Getting into a rut?

Have a go at doing something different today.
    Pick a colour… Plan a day to Eat a theme around that.
    Red … Red onions, red meat, red beetroot, red oranges, I think they are called blood oranges. Just have a FUN day.
    I think sometimes we focus on the counting of calories, counting carbs, counting sugar, blood counts, new are forgetting to ENJOY ourselves along the way.

I know I was desperate and said this has got to work for me. The last ditch saloon and all of that. But I need to reel it back in.

Or if you cannot eat with jumpstart one colour, try tWins.
    Or try wearing one colour, your clothes or outfit, just for one day, all blues, no one else needs to know what you are up to.
    Oh and the most important thing you need to use ALL DAY, is a smile ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    Well, it is a form of exercise.

Lighten and brighten your day, today.

Love cerise. Lucia
    Xxx
    A nice bright strong pink, ……….

Please log in or register to post a reply.