Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Englishgirlapprox
    on

Thanks to everyone for the hints and tips and the friendly welcome! I wasn’t going to start until next week, but buoyed by the positivity here, I decided to stop making excuses and start today. I made do with an exante shake for breakfast (from a previous failed attempt!), soup for lunch and courgetti Bolognese for tea. I did have my last 3 Christmas Thornton chocolates though, but still better than if I’d started next week. I can’t bring myself to share my start weight though!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Congratulations on starting early English girl, sounds like you are off to a great start 🙂 You don’t have to share your starting weight, you can just share your losses each week, also NSVs (Non Scale Victories) are great to share. Things like losing inches, being able to fit into different sized clothing, improved blood test results, compliments received – anything that doesn’t involve the scales really 🙂

• posted by Jobs
    on

Hi i would love to join, I’ve been reading your posts And everyone is so positive, I’ve been trying to loose weight for 20 years and been up and down , really want 2019 to be my year 🙂

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Jobs! Welcome 😁. You’re in the right place. 😁
    EnglishGirl, no judgement here, just road trip with us. 😁
    Kazzeexx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Recording my start weight and goals as it’s the first day (restart) for me.
    I weighed in at 211.6lb. My ultimate goal is to reach 165lb and size 14, but that’s a long way off! My first mini-goal is to get to 205lb.
    I’m going back to basics and using recipes from the 8 week BSD book today – Greek yoghurt and mango for breakfast, Beetroot falafels for lunch and the chickpea and veg Frittata for dinner. Good luck to everyone else starting today and keep up the good work to those of you who have already started 🙂

• posted by Tender
    on

Hi everyone and HNY!
    I’d like to join your road trip and have started today! All your tips have been really useful to read and I really must make the effort to drink lots of water, to avoid headaches etc. I’ve weighed myself, just need to do my measurements too. Feeling positive 😁

• posted by Jobs
    on

Thank you I will I’m starting tomorrow – english girl made me smile is everyone else from the states? Tomorrow i intend to use my gym membership and go for an hour its back to work on thursday after acfew days off over New Year 🙂 I’ll be reading the book and going food shopping –

• posted by Jobs
    on

Thank you

• posted by Englishgirlapprox
    on

Jobs: I hadn’t thought of that in the context. Are most people US based? It’s from a Ryan Adams song and has been my default setting for usernames for about a decade! Sadly, I’m too old to be a ‘girl now, but I am still English 😁

• posted by KazzUK
    on

We have people here from all over,. That’s what’s so fantastic.
    Let’s introduce ourselves…
    I’m Kaz and live in Worcestershire…. UK

• posted by RogueOne
    on

Thank you for your warm welcome KazzUK.
    I’ve only measured my waist so far, but will do the rest. You are so right about eggs being your friend. The other day for lunch I had half an avocado, boiled egg, rainbow chard sautéed with garlic (finished off with grated nutmeg) and some sautéed mushrooms. Quite delicious.
    My hat off to you on cooking your veggies for the week🙂 Today’s food was black coffee for breakfast. Lunch: roast chicken (no skin), steamed green beans and broccoli, homemade gravy and a small glass of red wine. Dinner: small bowl of channa dal with veg of every hue followed by two tangerines. No hunger to complain of. Looking forward to tomorrow.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

I’m from North Yorkshire, UK 🤗

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Sydney, Australia here 🙂
    But I am an English girl – was born in Kent and migrated here as a teenager with my family in the early 80’s 🙂

• posted by Mermaid76
    on

Hello
    I am brand new to the bsd and the forum. Doing it from New Zealand. I’m 42 have been overweight my whole life and am a sitting duck for diabetes for sure, trying to stop anything from going any further. I’m 172cm and 110kg…,,,arrrggghhhh writing it here is hard! Looking forward to stealing recipes and sharing successes!!! Thanks for having me!!

• posted by Granny
    on

Morning all I’m Liz from Liverpool, love it that we have so many from all over the world in this group – isn’t the internet amazing! Many moons ago I had a pen pal in France and thought that was amazing lol.
    Well I’m a couple of days in and doing okish, I’m trying the 16:8 principal for the first time. I’ve broken my goals into very small parts, the first being my granddaughters christening in 10 days time, then a few days in Dublin at the end of January. It’s unlikely I will have dropped a dress size haha but even if I just feel better in my clothes I will know I’m on the right road.
    Good luck to everyone, we can do tho x

• posted by Jobs
    on

Morning I’m Joanne from Nottinghamshire in the UK – looking forwards to my first week just popping out to get some new scales ugh 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Wow the forum is really active this morning.20 odd messages to catch up on as I drag myself out of bed on this frosty morning ;-

These bad habitw won’t last. Back to reality on Monday !

To introduce myself . I am Wendy and am 60 . I am a Brit but have been living in SW France in the Toulouse area since 1990. I have a fondness for Australia too as my hubby’s daughter lives in Tasmania and my two boys are living the life in Cairns at the moment.

I have been on the forum since the beginning of September 2018 , starting out at 100kg and presently 86 kg. Happy to have dropped my dress size but still have some way to go. I am not diabetic but have been battling weight issues for as long as I can remember ! This is the place to be if you are determined and committed to a healthy way of eating The support is here !
    Wishing you all great success in 2019 !

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

Count me in for this road trip, and it’s great to be in the company of friends old and new. I’m in the UK and have been following the BSD on and off from January 2017. At that point I weighed 175lb and am now 141.8lb. My target has always been 133lb – the elusive nine and a half stone! I did get as far as 139lb a couple of weeks ago then Christmas got in the way 😉

Anyway, I am determined to get to goal by the end of this road trip. It’s my 60th birthday shortly after Easter so I can think of no better gift to myself. Ideally I’d love to get to goal before then just to see if I need to go any further: I still have a very wobbly belly and am not totally convinced that the remaining pounds I want to lose will get rid of it completely. I aim to start exercising regularly during the road trip as well but will keep thing under review so to speak.

So I’m back on board the BSD wagon today and also trying to do Dry January – quite a challenge for me as wine is my biggest weakness!

Good luck everyone, and especially all our lovely new starters – I am so excited for you as this really will be the beginning of a major lifestyle change for you. 2 years ago I honestly did not think I would stick to the BSD for longer than a few days but I have managed to (despite lots of ups and downs along the way!) and have not only lost a lot of the weight that I needed to, but my eating preferences have changed dramatically. The BSD has also become the catalyst for me wanting to take more care of myself in general. For me, being able to regain a measure of control over my weight and my eating habits has given me the confidence and expectation to be able to start making some proactive and positive changes in other areas of my life too.

Have a great week everyone!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

A warm welcome to Mermaid76!
    Dreams – thank you for your inspirational post – that sums up how I feel too!
    I dilly dallied most of last year having joined BSD in August 2017. I was 259 lbs (18.7) and have lost 42 lbs (15.7). My first initial goal is to get under the 200 lb mark! 🙂
    Have a good day, all, and see you later! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all. Well first day went fine: full fat Greek yoghurt with some walnuts, raspberries and chia seeds. Lovely. Lunch of cauliflower and red pepper soup. Dinner – steak on a bed of courgette tagliatelle cooked in olive oil, chilli flakes and lemon juice. Lots of water (thanks V). One square of 80% Lindt. What’s not to like! And all quite simple. Onwards and downwards.

Oh and I am a Brit by background, now at home in the Netherlands.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning All!
    I grew up in upstate New York and retired 3 years ago to sunny Florida.
    Height: 5’4”
    Weight this morning clothed 169.6 lbs
    Age 62
    I walk daily (over 8,000 steps yesterday), bike, and swim laps.
    I have been on here since July 1.
    My a1 c is 5.4 for the first time ever and triglycerides are 150=normal for the first time in a long time. I believe the intermittant fasting and lower carbs since July helped this.
    My goals now are to be non alcholic to help lose the weight (30 lbs) and lower my ever increasing blood pressure 140/91.

on

Well done caronl – your menus sound lovely. One thing I really enjoyed when starting the BSD was discovering new foods. I bought the recipe book and tried lots of the recipes which really helped over the first couple of weeks or so – stopped me getting bored. KazzUK wow! Great losses so far and long may it continue! Hi Violinist and what a fab place to retire to 🙂

My previous post got me thinking about the early days of BSD and some things that I know now but didn’t then. So just a few tips for the newbies – which I’m sure others can add to:

▪ You will hopefully lose a few pounds in the early days: much of this is water and as a consequence you will need to pee a LOT. This is normal!
    ▪ You may also find that you experience “carb flu” – feeling a bit dizzy and spaced out. This is normal too and it will pass after a few days. A very light snack may help if it’s really bad – I found a handful of almonds or some raw veg and hummus did the trick.
    ▪ The initial weight loss can be really motivational but don’t get disheartened when it slows down. Keep going – you are in this for the long run. The weight loss will not be linear, in fact there is something known as “the whoosh factor” which means that weight loss may occur some time after the related effort you are putting into it.
    ▪ Related to this, as SueBlue said keep a note of “NSVs”. Non Scale Victories. There will be times when the scales don’t move but there are still lots of physical changes going on.
    ▪ Identify your weak points and avoid temptation. For me it was avoiding the coffee break cakes scenario at work, and also varying my going home routine as this usually involved pouring a large glass of wine as soon as I got through the door!
    ▪ Be kind to yourself. If you have a bad day – BSD wise – forget it: tomorrow is a new day and you can just start again. Whatever you do, don’t self-sabotage by thinking you’ve blown it so may as well give up and start stuffing more carbs!
    ▪ If you are really struggling then maybe build in an occasional treat. For example I always allowed myself a glass of fizz on a Friday night, and also relaxed the regime a little at weekends whilst being very strict during the week.
    ▪ Remember to drink lots of water. As the weeks go on you are likely to start getting constipated as your body adjusts, and the water will help.

Hope this is useful and do keep posting as the forums are really good at helping you to keep going 🙂

• posted by AmazingDaisy11
    on

Can I join too? I’m Daisy from UK and 34. Started BSD last summer and had great success for two months until I caved to pressure to have more fun from my family. I’m currently 80kg and really want to get to below 70kg by Easter. It would mean a lot to me to drop that weight.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Cathy from Manchester UK. Started BSD January 2017. Lost 42 lb and got to my goal of 133lb in November 2017 and kept it off til September 2018. Found it really difficult to maintain 133 and averaged 138. Put on a few pounds after my son’s wedding and a holiday to Barcelona and found it really difficult to lose again. Got down to 137 on Christmas Eve following the last road trip and have been rather over indulgent over Christmas! . To be fair, I gave myself permission to have a “break”. I’ve indulged in food I haven’t eaten for two years hence when I weighed myself on Monday I was 142 lb. I am a very determined person and when I commit to doing something I give it 100%. Today I am back to BSD but am not weighing myself until Friday as I prefer a Friday weigh day. Some of you who know me know that I always weighed every single day but this got me down when id tried hard and the scales didn’t show a loss so now once a week is better for me but do what feels right for you.

DCT your top tips are awesome for the new starters.

It feels great to be back in control today, I’ve had two scrambled eggs and Greek yoghurt with 5 raspberries for my lunch.

I’ve bought the new fast 800 book to read through and inspire me once more and my aim is to get back to 133 hopefully by April and then try hard to maintain it.

This is a fantastic way of eating and does work. My top tip would be not to try to rush the process. This has to be a way of eating forever so it really doesn’t matter how long it takes to achieve your goal weight. Just keep following the rules and you will get there. The best thing about BSD is that once the first few days are done you don’t feel hungry! It’s amazing!

I’ll post my weight on Friday and take it from there….. onwards and downwards everyone.

• posted by caronl
    on

Thanks DreamsComeTrue and your list for starters is really helpful. I thought it might be useful to post a typical day now and again. While I found the recipe book helpful (particularly aubergine lasagne!) I have always tended to keep things a bit simpler so sharing ideas helps me and may help others.
    On carb flu – feeling headachy etc – JGwen posted a very good link last month https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/take-a-look-at-this/page/13/#post-100785
    which suggests that a little bit of salt may help to rebalance things. It also takes the reader to the dietdoctor.com website, which is a really good resource for starters.

About to tuck in to a chicken leg roasted on a bed of peppers and garlic …. after the next glass of water!

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi guys I am onboard but missed my connecting flight!!
    Have been waylaid by lost and found!! You wouldn’t believe the list of what I have lost but it includes my waist, my mind and my way!!
    I have found 1. The cheeseboard that wasn’t touched! (Luckily I didn’t buy too many biscuits) 2. The bags of veg that I have made into soups see BSD principles do stick and 3. the potatoes I have given away.
    I have 2 more functions to attend but at present I am holding on and I am missing my end of year target by between 4 & 7lbs depending on ho nice the scales are being!! so fingers crossed I will join the merry band of travelers no worse than this next week 8th Jan.

Although I have been far from perfect I do feel each year I start in a better place than the previous one & this year in particular as I have kept most of my weight off!! 2019 I am determined to reach my 10stone goal.
    This first round of 8 weeks, I hope to loose 16lbs to hopefully be close to 11.7lbs. My main issues are 2 holidays within this period but by the end of the 16 weeks I need to do blood tests so this has to work I need to be well. With my fellow travelers help I will!! Dxx

• posted by JoJo2018
    on

Hi Everyone, I’d love to join you on the road trip to Easter.
    I’ve been lurking since September and you’ve inspired me to embrace the BSD way of living and get back to a weight where I feel comfortable with myself.
    I know I’ve put on a few pounds over Christmas (haven’t weighed myself yet) and I want to lose them again before I start on the new challenge of maintaining!
    I’m looking forward to being part of the BSD team and getting to know you all as we travel towards Easter.
    Jo

• posted by RedRooster
    on

Hi All, started 800 from today, until atleast end Feb. Looking forward to being on the trip with you all, even if I’m getting off a bit early.

Did the 800 for 8 weeks 18 months ago and got great results, had a binge over Xmas so another go is needed. I’ll be measuring weight but sugars more important – they’re all over the place at the minute having been ok since last 800. I’m from Harrogate, Notth Yorkshire. I’ve got a big birthday in 2019 so want to get in better shape for that too.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, trippers!
    Good to see Caron, AmazingDaisy, DeniseSusan, JoJo and Red Rooster also joining the trip for however long you are able to. 🙂
    I’ve just made myself a ham, tomato and onion omelette for lunch. I favour the 16/8 and skip breakfast usually. Got my sliced lemon to add to my hot water throughout the day – it’s the only way I can drink the required water – warm!
    Have a good day everyone!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Good morning Kazz and All
    It’s the start of day 4 for me and I’ve woken up with a headache!
    I’ve followed a low carb diet once before and had to get through this stage so I know it’s possible but it ‘s a slightly odd feeling all the same.
    I’m working from home today as the heating isn’t working at the office – which means I need to avoid the festive leftovers – that’s a plan.
    Thanks for all the tips from the experienced trippers – really helpful.
    How are the other newbies finding things?

Kerry 🤗

• posted by RedRooster
    on

First day went ok, eggs for breakfast, soup for lunch and venison for dinner, 795 cals. Back at work today, which despite being surrounded by snacks is usually easier for me than being at home. Weighed in and sugars done this morning so now have my starting points that I’ll be using. Neither were great to look at but I plan to lose 14kg and get my sugars back to normal.

• posted by dtrouton
    on

Hey folks, I’m along for the ride too. Started yesterday with a 16:8 and found ti fairly easy but then got home from work and the visiting inlaws cracked out the chocolate. They go home today so less temptation! I have to say I’m feeling pretty hungry this morning. Yesterday I drank a lot of black and green tea which helped a lot — I find hot drinks give me a feeling of fullness.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi dtrouton

Can I ask what 16/8 means? I’ve seen lots of figures like this quoted.
    Thanks in advance.

K.

• posted by wendleg
    on

OMG I have to have a Morning Rant ! Lots of talk about the obesity crisis etc on the news this Morning (UK) with a specialist stating that bariatric surgery is the most effective, sustainable solution ( WHAT !!!!) and then the adverts come on and I see an ad for a 90cal ‘fibre brownie’ bar with the slogan ‘Have what you crave’
    No folks ! We can kick the cravings ! We need to dismiss the idea that sugar is a friendly , comforting treat.It’s devoid of nutritional value and it is harmful !
    I just hate these double standards. Low cal cereal or brownie bars are NOT GOOD.
    We know what we are doing here. Stick at it folks. Kazz will keep us all in check ;_)

Kerry ..16/8 means not eating or fasting for 16 hours and then eating within an 8 hour window. Kazz say she doesn’t have breakfast so she is not eating for 16 hours ( including sleep) . She has lunch and any other meal within the remaining 8 hours left in the day.

I frequently have one meal a day in the evening because I can’t eat an early breakfast and I don’t do school canteen meals even French ones 😉 I work through my lunch hour so I have less to take home.
    OMAD ( One Meal A Day) works for me but apparently it is not advisable to do it every day so I try to ‘mix things up’ .
    I want to be healthy and a major part of that means kicking the sugar addiction and finding an enjoyable long term way of eating which suits me without eating low cal bars !! BSD will get us there !

Have a great BSD day everyone !

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi wendleg
    Thanks – I understand now.
    I agree on the ‘kids eat too much sugar’ thing which is in the news – especially all the advice about offering them ‘lower sugar’ alternatives – this could mean something sensible, or some kind of modified version of the ‘full sugar’ cereal.
    I wish the Govt advice would be properly brave and just say – eat real food!
    Rant over!
    K

• posted by sandals
    on

Hi Guys, I would like to join your road trip too , if that’s ok. I did the BSD in 2016 and lost 35lbs and kept it off for almost 2 years, however in the last 15 months my weight has been creeping back up by a lb or 2 a month so I am almost back where I started. I hate the idea of being back at my starting weight so I am beginning again now!

On reflection I probably lost too much weight in 2016 so looking to lose between 15 and 20lbs this time , and hopefully that will be easier for me to sustain. Have a family wedding in Santorini later this year so the 16 week road trip sounds perfect.

• posted by alliecat
    on

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone! I’m overjoyed to see all the new members joining us 🙂 I’ve been down with either
    a mean sinus infection or the flu, so I’ve been missing in action for several days. I’ll get caught up in short order,
    but this morning I want to welcome everyone to this party! The experienced BSDers have offered excellent advice,
    as usual. Here are a few more ideas that I found really useful when it was early days for me…Planning is everything,
    and as soon as that is mastered, it can save you from making impulse choices! I always had a bowl of hard boiled
    eggs in the frig., and never left home without one and a few almonds in my handbag. I was also fortunate to discover
    gary Taubes book “Why We Get Fat…and What To Do About It’ early on, and it changed the way I looked at food
    forever. It’s a great companion piece to MMosleys book, and I considerate it “the Bible” for weight loss and main-
    tenance!

Ladies, this is a warm and caring community..We are here to share your triumphs and frustrations, so just shout
    out if you have any questions or concerns. One of us will come running 🙂 I think that it’s wonderful to hear your
    goals, by way of an introduction. I’ll share few brief words, too! I’m American, and live in New England. I began
    the BSD in June of 2016, at the colossal weight of 285lbs, or 20stone5lbs. Ten months later I had shed 140lbs, or
    10stone. That was 18 months ago. I’m still a few lbs below target weight. Keeping careful track of the carbs has
    been the key to success, and never returning to the carbs or the sugar. The BSD will take you absolutely anywhere
    you want to go, be it reversing diabetes or weight loss. You will hear over and over that this is a way of life (WOL)
    and not a diet. Some of us are fast losers and some of us follow a more leisurely route, but it works for everyone
    if you embrace the principles. Believe in yourselves..This is an exciting adventure that will transform your life.
    Your tastes will change, and the day comes when the bad white stuff no longer has any appeal. 🙂

Very best wishes to you all. I’m looking forward to traveling with old friends, and getting to know all newcomers.
    2019 is off to a fantastic start!

Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Sandals and DTrouton – glad you are joining us! Welcome! 🙂
    Wendy, Kerry – yes, it is very frustrating. We have been conditioned to think of anything sweet as a treat, when in fact, the opposite is true! I’m going to try and think of sugar and foods that turn to glucose once digested, as poison! Because it is and has been very slowly poisoning humankind over the last 40/50 years it seems to me….. and now we’re at crisis point 🙁 I’ll not go on any further, but to any newbies that are interested, there is an excellent thread called Take A Look at This….. you will find a pile of information on there, from articles to youtube podcasts. Please have a look when you have a spare moment…. 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Staying on plan and starting day 3

on

The first few days are the hardest so well done Violinist. You’re doing great. I am joinining back in with the Easter road trip tomorrow after my Christmas break. Had to be ready psychologically – Was not able to jump back on 1st! Think it is a throw back to every January 1st for as long as I can remember starting a diet! First weigh in of 2019 tomorrow morning and then it is foot down on the pedal.with a line drawn under 2018 for a fresh 2019 start. Feeling inspired……

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Catherine! You are beginning this new year with renewed purpose, and that is wonderful 🙂

CC, I like fridays and tuesdays for weigh-ins, too. I’ll be holding my breath a little tomorrow, hoping that a few holiday
    bottles of bubbly won’t have wreaked their usual havoc. I want all of my wiggle room back, so I’m returning to a
    strict 800/20g carbs when I get over the flu, which made its presence known on New Years Eve. Happy to see you
    following this thread!

on

Allie- I wondered where you were for the last few days. Hope you’re soon feeling better and thank you for inspiring us all. I am a little nervous for my post Christmas weigh in tomorrow but know I need to dust myself down and get back to basics, I’ve enjoyed my little Christmas break but will also enjoy getting back to low carb eating and that feeling of not being hungry all the time once the sugar has gone from my body! Ketostix at the ready and hopefully back in ketosis over the weekend!

• posted by Granny
    on

Wow alliecat I’m really impressed you can get down to 20g carbs…..I’ve tried lots of recipes etc but only managing to stay around the 45/50g mark. Is there a secret recipe??
    What I have found useful is slicing lemons, freezing them and then popping a couple into a nice cold sparkling water…..feels like a bit of luxury.
    Great to see so many posts 👍

• posted by alliecat
    on

How kind of you, CC! My only companion is a jumbo box of kleenex (facial tissue) at the moment, because the
    “bearded one” is hiding out in the study, and won’t get within 15′ of me 🙂 If he could, he’d also shove my dinner plate
    under the door!

Granny, I’ve never used the BSD recipe books, although I hear that many here really enjoy them! I’m very insulin
    resistant, and there seems to be a lot of ingredients in them that would be too many carbs for me, i.e., beetroot,
    apple, etc. I’ve been cooking for many decades, so I kept our meals very simple, and just adapted what we enjoy,
    omitting the carbs that we used to eat. Not everyone needs to go as low as 20gr. , however. The tipping point for
    me seems to be @ 35g now that I’m in maintenance. For breakfast I have 1/2 c plain yogurt, 1 tbs of chia seeds
    and about 8-10 raspberries. Lunch: hard boiled egg, and 1/2 sm. avocado Dinner: 4 oz of chicken breast or wild
    fish, and 1 1/2 c of vegetables, some combination of sauteed spinach, broccoli or brussel sprouts, and cauliflower.
    During the warmer months, big salads with the protein pre cooked and tossed in. Easy and quick, but admittedly
    boring. This combination always added up to @17-20g of carbs. In maintenance I keep calories at <1600cal.
    and no more than 35g of carbs. We soon learn how our individual bodies work, and make adjustments accordingly.
    You will soon be doing the same! Best of luck, and I look forward to reading about your journey.

Allie

on

Hi Allie and hope you feel better soon. Just wanted to say your weight loss is phenomenal! I have seen your posts on here before but didn’t know how much you had lost – that truly is amazing, and you are living proof of how effective this WOL really is. Am so happy for you and hope that your story will inspire many others 🙂

Hope everyone is doing well today X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Allie – although I’m not normally on this thread, the ‘hope you feel better soon’ from Dreamscometrue caught my attention. Sorry to hear you are not well, but really hope you will be strong and healthy again soon. Looking forward to seeing you on the usual threads soon. Meanwhile, snuggle up and take care of yourself. xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks, Allie! And I have saved tour menus as it is helpful for ideas n my home!

• posted by Granny
    on

Thanks Allie that’s a lot of useful information, I shall try to simplify things rather than following the recipe books all the time. I’m not diabetic but get frightened when I hear all the scares about type 2 🙁, I need to lose at least 11kg and your story is an inspiration. I have taken a screenshot of your post for reference when temptation sets in! Hope you feel better soon.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

How is everyone going? I thought the thread had gone quiet as I read the posts via email and hadn’t received any for a couple of days, but reading the posts realise it’s the opposite! I must have unsubscribes myself for something!
    Its day 3 for me today. Days 1 and 2 went well, with 820 calories and 1030 calories consumed and 8,800 and 16,400 steps walked respectively. Calories were higher than planned yesterday as I was out for the day with my daughters and we had lunch and coffee out. I had a lovely haloumi salad for lunch with lettuce, white and red cabbage and coriander, was very tasty. When my daughters had cake I resisted and just had a cappuccino which I enjoyed, I wasn’t even tempted to eat cake, and didn’t feel like I was ‘missing out’ which was a good feeling 🙂
    On the menu today is yoghurt and berries – I bought some fresh blackberries yesterday, the first time I’ve had fresh blackberries in many years, I usually have frozen ones. Lunch will be vegetable frittata and dinner a chicken burrito bowl.
    I bought some new food containers while out yesterday so will be prepping like a boss today, filling my freezer with some meals to make it easier for when I return to work next week 🙂
    Hope everyone else is doing well, and that you feel better soon Allie 🙂

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Evening all.
    Bit of a day of it at work today. Had to cope with some pretty distressing stuff with some elderly clients I work with and after getting home felt a bit in shock and definitely upset. As a consequence, reached for the sugary stuff 😣
    Had lost 3 of the 8lbs I put on at Christmas as of this morning too. Oh well, early night and start afresh tomorrow.
    We’ve got friends coming tomorrow evening for a board games night and I’m so looking forward to it. Going to do BSD friendly nibbles to go with it and treat them as my dinner. Got a lovely chicken liver pate chilling in the fridge as we speak.
    Oh, and I’m from Bath in England, very grey here today but had a good dog walk this afternoon.
    Have a good evening lovely people x

Please log in or register to post a reply.