Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

caronl and Dreamscometrue – thanks, that’s lovely of you both. Yes, I’m pleased as I feel like I’m pretty much back where I was.

caronl – as I posted the other day, I really like your idea on the Positives thread of the time-limited celebration thread for reaching 100,000 posts. As well, as everyone on the BSD, I think it would be a lovely thing for the admin team to read, too. Are you going to do it? Hope so. One thing I’m curious about, where do you see how many posts there’s been?

Denise susan – welcome back. I’ve also been lost on that ring road – spaghetti junction, in fact – but it’s a great time to get back on board – fresh starts are always good. xx

Kazzee – it’s so nice to see you back – I think you’ve done really well to maintain over the last couple of months.

I’d definitely like to join the next road trip and am happy with going up to the summer holidays – so 13th July sounds good to me. I’ll post more consistently this time, promise!

My only other thought is about a host. If Kazzee wants to do it, or anyone else is really keen, then that’s great. But, if not, what about trying without a host – we can all take responsibility. What do you think? It just seems a long time for 1 or 2 people to take on that responsibility. But, just to emphasise, I’m only suggesting it to help, not to take anything away from anyone. The Road trips have been Kazzee’s (and Verano’s) and if you Kazzee, or anyone else wants to host, then that’ll be great by me.

Jennie xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Jennie10, Yes I will do the 100,000 celebrations thread (but equally happy if someone leaps in first!). If you log in to the Latest Forum Threads, it says by the title x of 99, 366 posts. I thought I would wait until 99,500 before starting a thread! That might bring us nicely to the significant number!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Well, blow me, so it does! Good plan – I’ll keep my eye on the numbers now I know where to look!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning/afternoon guys can I just ask what this thread is all about please? Maybe I am being thick sorry. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi Birdy!

Well. This is a fab thread for a group of us who have mostly been doing BSD for a while now and have still some way to go – though newcomers are also very welcome too. The original concept was hatched by Verano and KazzUK and it’s basically for anyone who has a BSD target and timescale in mind. We then view that target as a road trip to our respective destinations (for which we can draw parallels to anything in our dreams! Route 66 being mine) and share our successes and frustrations along the way.

Speaking personally, I started BSD in January 2017 and have been following it on and off since then. I’ve shed almost 3 stone – now with only 4lb still to go till my final target. This thread is all about keeping each other company on our journey (whatever stage we are at) and I think we have become firm friends in the process. We are all in it for the long haul and know that we will all make it to the finish line eventually 🙂 Above all we’re having fun along the way!

Do please join us if what we are doing fits with where you are at? We’re planning to start the next leg of our journey this weekend and trundle on to July ……

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Happy Easter from a very disappointed Cathy. Weight is up 5lb since I started the trip in January and today I am officially heavier than I have been since June 2017! I got it down after my 42 hour fast but then somehow it went up again and has stayed there. My husband is away until Monday on a retreat and so I have decided that today And tomorrow I will eat one meal a day. I do seem to be battling with maintenance and my weight is slowly and steadily increasing. Today’s weigh in has been a massive disappointment. The week at Ragdale didn’t help as I didn’t stick to BSD but in the last fortnight I have been strict! I will definitely be joining in with the continued road trip- it will be a life long road trip for me!

I go on holiday on 9th June so there is time to get nearer to my goal but I can’t seem to get there, like others on here am up and down the same few pounds plus a few more!!!! Serves me right for taking a week off plan but it goes to prove how vigilant we have to be and also how hard it is to claw back those pesky pounds.

Today is water only until my evening meal and same again tomorrow. I will weigh myself on Sunday and that will be my start weight for the next trip. I am determined to go on holiday at least 7lb – 10 lb lighter than I am today.

Looking forward to reading some success stories on here over the Easter weekend but I am sure there will be others like me who haven’t done as well as they had hoped. See you on the next trip everyone!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi folks, I have created a new thread for the next leg of our road trip. which we agreed will run Road Trip from Easter to July 12th, the start of the Summer Holidays. Sorry, I am not good at coming up with flowing titles.

——————

My report on progress over this stage of the journey is mixed. – Inches are fading away, and thankfully that includes some progress on the spare tyre. I am technically now down to a size 16, which is taking me back to my teenage years. Unfortunately this has come with a weight gain of 6kg.

It would be lovely to be able to blame the weight training for the gain but the reality is that I have not been fasting and have had a bit of a carb creep. So it will be back to basics for me once I decide on a why for the next stage of the journey.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Dreamscometrue I will read on and jump in from time to time if that is ok. You really do seem a lovely bunch and I am sure I will enjoy chatting with you all. I will also give support wherever I can. We have got this ladies and we will succeed! Thank you for your most kind welcome. Birdy💞🦜

on

Hi JGwen that’s great – I will look up the new thread now. Look forward to continuing travelling with you all for the next few weeks 🙂

Welcome Birdy76! We are definitely a lovely bunch 🙂

Cathy that is so disappointing because you have tried so hard. I wish I could wave a magic wand and melt those pesky pounds away for you. But all I can say is keep on going and you will definitely see results. Hey let’s finally get to that elusive 133lb together? X

I’ve had a couple of weeks off work and am doing well despite being away on holiday for some of that. Unexpectedly I’m now at 136.6lb – my lowest weight since 2003 and gradually edging nearer to my target of 133lb. Finally! I don’t know why I am on a roll at the moment as I’ve not been in my regular routine. But I think there are two factors that are helping. One is that I am off work so am not as stressed as usual. That is a huge influencing factor on weight. Even though I don’t always feel stressed at work, I know that I work far too hard and for too long hours and that must have a physical effect on my body. The other thing is that being off work I have been doing more exercise. Nothing drastic: swimming and walking. But both on a regular basis and I guess that is making a difference. So if you are struggling or on a plateau maybe one or both of those thoughts will help?

Look forward to seeing you lovely people on the new thread. Happy Easter everyone X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Birdy, we have started the next leg of our road trip, from Easter to Summer, come and join in on the new thread.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Congratulations DCT on achieving your lowest weight! You have most definitely inspired me and it will be a privilege to share the loss of the last few pounds with you on the new thread. Then we can both celebrate 133! I totally agree that being at work causes stress which definitely affects weight loss and I have always maintained that a stressful job has the potential to take 10 years off ones life. I am seriously considering taking early retirement next spring. I have been working for the NHS for forty years and quite frankly feel enough is enough. My mum died when she was very young and that always has affected me and I never assume I will live a long life and so that is why I think I will leave work next spring and dance to my own tune and hopefully get in some “me” time.

I am wondering whether the hot British weather may have caused me to hold onto water which may have skewed the weigh in this morning. I know I didn’t drink enough yesterday because we went out for a picnic. Anyway, whatever the reason, I won’t be seeing 146 lbs and that is for definite!!!!!

on

Hi Cathy – maybe the last post on here? But just to follow up on a couple of things.

Similar to you, my father died early and – without being morbid – I am now wanting to really take control of my health and well-being. So I am retiring from work this summer. It’s quite scary because I will still need to do something to financially supplement the pensions I will have; but I have been building up freelance work for the past 4-5 years and if that does not suffice then I will also look for a part time job. Hopefully something creative and fun.

Weirdly the BSD has been a key influence in my decision-making process. As well as helping me take control of my WOE and weight (well, sometimes 😉 it has helped me to realise that I need to get a grip on life in general and start living a life I love rather than feeling I have no choice other than to be a cog in a never-ending wheel. So as I’m about to hit 60 and can access work pensions I am going to give it a go. Like you said Cathy, I want more time for me: also for my family, dog and home. With doing a demanding day job and also the freelance work I have been getting up at 5:30am and working till gone 6:00pm for years now and I am at the point where I just don’t want to do that any more. So here we go!

All the very best Cathy and I hope that you start seeing some changes on and off the scales very soon: you deserve it X

Please log in or register to post a reply.