Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Kicking off 1 January and ending Friday 19 April.
    All aboard as we CONTINUE our road trip to Easter….. 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

Seriously, already Kazz? I am in!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hello
    I’m up for joining this road trip from Jan 1st if I may. Next April we’re hoping to take a real road trip and in May I’ll be visiting old friends and a road trip to Easter is the perfect amount of time for me to get back into my healthy BMI. Hope the route isn’t too circuitous!

• posted by Verano
    on

I hadn’t realised that Easter is so late this year. I’ll be with you for the first six weeks or so, probably! Either way I promise to be a better ‘tripper’ than I have been on the current road trip!
    I’ll set up a weekly thread to run in tandem but probably not until the 31st. Meanwhile, have a great festive season and may it be as BSD friendly as we wish it to be!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

I know V, I’m a bit ahead of myself but psychologically, for me, I had to have it ready in advance. I need the continuity so just seeing this thread, ready and waiting, helps me.. 😁. Keep the momentum going and all that. 😁

• posted by Jennie10
    on

It’s funny how it works, isn’t it – I’m going to have a lovely festive period but BSD-wise I’ve shifted my focus past Christmas now – it just seems to help.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Jennie, yes, we do what works best for us. Glad you’re joining us on the next trip. 😁

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am with you lovely people.

Kazz ..2019 is definitely going to be our year !!

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Can I come along too? We’re going to California at Easter and I’d love to be a stone lighter by then. We’re visiting my husband’s family and I always feel like the frump.

• posted by Hamlaha
    on

I’m in! And I’m new to all this 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks for setting this up Kazz, just what I needed!
    I’m taking a break over the festive season and will be ready to re-start In the New Year. See you all on 2nd Jan!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Happy Xmas hols everyone
    May I join your road trip, ooh how wonderful to get focused for the year ahead. 😊

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Great to see so many friends signing up for the next leg of our journey. 😁
    A special welcome to Hamlaha! 👍
    Kazzeexxx

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Yay I’m in! See you all next year 🙂

• posted by Andibenni
    on

Hi
    I’d like to join in with this. Haven’t really focussed on my weight since the summer but can feel it starting to creep up so I need to get back on track.

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

I can’t wait to get back on this woe now. Am totally up for another round after feeling carbed out over Christmas. I have overdone it, now it’s time to be sensible and lose that last stone. Well…a bit more than a stone because of Christmas. And my body really didn’t like the ‘extras’ it’s had. Feel sluggish and worn out. See you all soon on our next trip!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Nelliecat !
    Good to see some activity on the forum ! Celebrations are an important part of life . You will soon be back into your ‘routine’ and that sluggish feeling will dissipate. That last stone will be no more in 2019 !
    We have had a couple of festive occasions but thngs are calmer now and tomorrow my green soup is on the menu ! I am looking forward to seeing all our friends back on here too but in the meantime be kind to yourself, nourish yourself and rest !

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Aw hi Wendleg!
    Yes, all will be well. Although I feel like I’m very sensitive to carbs now, or at least when I overdo it.

What’s in your green soup? Sounds good. I’ve put a turkey soup in the freezer which I think I’ll have tomorrow.

Anyway, I’ve taken myself off to bed and will hopefully feel a bit better tomorrow, night all 😊

• posted by wendleg
    on

Green soup Nelliecat ? I just chuck in what I have available.Usually broccoli stems, a courgette, spinach, watercress, chard leaves . I sometimes start with a leek or onion cooked gently in a bit of oïl or butter and then just add the veg and some veg stock. I let it simmer for 20 mins or so.

It all gets whizzed up in my blender and hey presto ! It always turns out smooth, bright green and delish !
    Hope you are feeling better tomorrow xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, trippers! 🙂
    Am just popping in to say hello and hope everyone has had a lovely Xmas? For me, normal service resumes today! Dragged myself out of bed this morning as back to work. Am starting my day with a coffee and a sneaky look on the scales. Up a 1 lb but nothing to get in a steam about. My plan today is to have lunch consisting of left over green veg mushed up with a bit of chopped onion thrown in, baked in the oven. (Cooked it yesterday). Bubble and Squeak. With that, a bit of chicken. No dinner. Need to make some soup also, Wendy! 🙂
    Have a good day, friends.
    Kazzeexx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh blimey Kazz…hope getting back to work is not too painful. A 1lb gain is nothing.You will soon get rid of that and well done you.

I am approaching January with positivity for the first time in YEARS and I intend to carry on like that. OH and I have booked a week in Naples /Sorrento end February so I will be focusing on that for the first part of the Road Trip.

Looking forward to seeing fellow roadsters checking in.

Green soup is ready and waiting.It always sounds a bit weird but it tastes great !
    Hope everyone is well. How are you doing Nelliecat ?

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi !, Can I join you please ?. We have a fantastic family holiday booked for the May half term in the Dominican Republic. I would like to be significantly lighter !. I have around 40 pounds to lose, so entirely achievable. I’ve started today feeling bloated and exhausted from Xmas !, so have said to myself that is enough now, so am SO looking forward to healthy eating once again. Great to be joining you on this road trip, best of luck everyone, and remember, keep on keeping on !!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Seadog and welcome !
    Kazz is a brilliant host and you will find all the encouragement and support you need to reach your holiday goal and beyond ! The Dominican Republic sounds amazing ! We have booked a week in Naples in February, not quite so sexy but I am looking forward to it !!
    You will soon be back into healthy eating. All the very best !!!

• posted by Seadog
    on

Thanks wendleg !, Naples is beautiful you will love it, so much history, and the cuisine and vino !! We are having a special 2 week all inclusive holiday with my daughters to celebrate my 50th birthday and twenty years married ! Can’t wait !! I want to be significantly slimmer though, top off kind of thing not worrying about what I look like ! I have really been to too many parties over the festive season, and feel like a toxic marshmallow man…
    I’ve started in earnest today, no awful sweet treats and limiting my carbs, ready for the 1st Jan when the BSD will start properly for me. I’m actually working NYE and NYD so although we are still going to a party, I’m driving so won’t drink, and just eat healthy food.
    I can’t wait to finally gain control and watch the pounds melt away !.
    Let’s do this gang, it’s all in the mind, and we are the Captains of our soul….(pop quiz which poem ?)

• posted by Violinist
    on

Ready for the next road trip with you folks!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Catherine ! Good to see you !

• posted by Violinist
    on

Glad to be here!

• posted by Verano
    on

Well all my entertaining is done and dusted so time to re-embrace BSD fully. Really looking forward to the 1st to join your road trip Kazz. I will be on board for the first six weeks …. wow 6 weeks really can make a dent in my new goal of 10% of my weight?
    Lovely to see so many ‘returners’!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

It’s good to see so many names here, both old and new, all gearing up for our journey together 🙂
    I’m currently working through my Christmas leftovers, I always seem to over-cater! The ham and veggies made a lovely Frittata, I’m freezing some for lunches once we start as it’s all BSD-friendly ingredients.
    I love the idea of a green soup and am going to make some today. It’s not really soup weather here, it’s forecast to be 38 degrees, but I can freeze it and use for lunches once I re-start the journey next week.
    I’ve spent some time this morning re-reading the book and making notes and lists. I was originally planning to do more of a 5:2 approach, with 800 calories on 2 days only, but have decided to do the fast 800 again instead. It worked so well for me 2 years ago, I figure I can at least try it and I can always go back to 5:2 if it doesn’t work out, or once the 8 weeks is up.
    My goal is pretty ambitious – I’d love to lose 8kg in the first 8 weeks. It is ambitious because I’m a very slow loser – in 2017 it took me a whole year to lose 12kg. Then it would be fantastic to lose another 5kgs by Easter. I would still need to lose even more to get to my desired weight, but I’m trying not to look too far ahead and just focus on getting through the first 8 weeks for now!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, friends! Good to see so many of you here and welcome to SeaDog. The marshmellow feeling will soon disappear!
    Wendy – you are too kind! It’s a great idea to have a holiday booked – I must look into that! 🙂
    See you all later!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Granny
    on

Hey I’m up for the road trip too! Sounds like a very motivated group which is something I definately need to keep me going. Did the BSD last year for a few months and felt great…..then it all went pear shaped 🙁. Looking forward to hearing all the stories, I’m determined this time and going to start the programme tomorrow!

• posted by Speedy
    on

I surely can’t be the only person who has been a member for ages (chatted to a few of you before) and been trying to loose anything at all for several years. And, every so often, join a thread full of optimism, visions and plans, only to find myself, 1 – 2 days later eating crisps etc, staring at the television. Evangelising about Dr MM to anyone who will listen, giving advice out about his amazing diets – but still eating huge bags of crisps?
    Well, if I am the only one – well I’m back!
    And this time it’s personal (again!) 😉

• posted by SueBlue
    on

You could be describing me Speedy, except it’s wine that’s my downfall, not chips 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

You could be describing me, Speedy, accept I am with SueBle, it is wine and cheese for me.

Catherine

• posted by Speedy
    on

I’m glad it’s not just me. 🙂

• posted by GangreneHeart
    on

Hello. I’m joining as well. 179.6 after a week off for sickness. My goal is 150 by the end of February and closer to 125 by the end of the road trip.

• posted by Violinist
    on

AMZ, glad you are better!!

• posted by Verano
    on

I really do have a problem! Bring on the crisps… although I’ve not eaten any for a few days now …. the cheese….. I have a pot if Stilton calling my name and of course the red wine to wash it down. I’m so looking forward starting back on this journey and giving it 100% of my attention.
    Look forward to travelling with you all.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh, I’m so happy to see that you’ve set up a new road trip, Kazz! 2018 was a great success, and I will be by your side
    as we leap into the new year. I see many familiar names here…So happy to see you back Speedy and SueBlue.!
    A very warm welcome to you, Granny! This is a very special community of old friends and new, and we’re happy to
    have you with us. 🙂 All newcomers welcome!
    I just can’t have Stilton around V., it whispers to me from inside the refrigerator! Moderation is always something
    that eludes me, so I have to pass it by in the cheese shop. In fact, I have to bypass the cheese shop altogether!

Allie

• posted by Verano
    on

Allie I agree, I don’t know what moderation is either especially when it comes to Stilton! BUT…. I do include some, plus other strong cheeses, now and again, in my ‘mindful eating’ regime and if I am going to eat cheese I really make sure it counts! No point in eating Stilton with regret!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Speedy, Violinist and Verano – I came across this Margaret Thatcher quote today:which sums up our situation:
    ”You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.”
    Let’s make 2019 the year we win the battle!

• posted by Violinist
    on

With you SueBlue!

• posted by Verano
    on

Well said SueBlue! At least we are only talking about a battle and not a war!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning! It’s great to have so many of you on board and raring to go! It’s quite exciting to be looking forward to the new year feeling good rather than emerging in a fog of bloat and blues! 😁
    Good to see you, Granny, Speedy and AMZ! 😁
    Excellent quote, SueBlue!

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Hi I’d like to join you guys please. Have been ‘lurking’ on the sidelines, reading posts for ages ( at least 2 years!!) I’ve previously dabbled with the 5:2 and lost about 4 kg. Unfortunately, I have a hypocritical streak that lets me pretend I can drink wine with impunity on other days and that this is ok. Ideally I d like to lose 5-10 kg.

• posted by New start2017
    on

Hi I’d like you join you on this road trip to Easter. Like MagicBean I have been lurking on the side lines for the last two years. Reading and thinking about it but not taking action as you can see from my tag. I’d like to change it to NewStart2019 but that’s not possible, but maybe it will remind me how long I have been waiting to do this. I don’t want to be still thinking about this in 2020. I’d like to lose 2 stone and fit into my size 10/12 wardrobe that I’ve been hanging onto. I’m a 65 year old female, fortunately I don’t have any health issues. I do worry that my belly fat is going to cause me some in the future. I’d like to lose that as soon as possible. I’m also signing up to walk 1000 miles in 2019 as walking might help get my head in the right place.
    I’m looking forward to this journey with you all.

• posted by alliecat
    on

A very warm welcome to you, Newstart and Magicbean! You may know some of us already, if you’ve been a part of
    the silent sisterhood.. I lurked too, for about 2 months, but it is an entirely different experience when you begin posting!
    I’m looking forward to getting to know you both. Just shout out if you have any questions or concerns, and one of us
    will be along to help 🙂 Very best wishes,

Allie

• posted by New start2017
    on

Thank you Alliecat. I’m looking forward to doing this. I’m making Verano’s Cauliflower and pepper soup today.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi and welcome to our new ‘travellers’. Newstart I’m having a ’soup-a-thon’ tomorrow in preparation for our ‘new start’ and the cauliflower and red pepper soup is on my list too!
    We all seem to be preparing really well for next Tuesday. That can only be good.

• posted by Granny
    on

Hehe that made me chuckle magicbean 😆, probably because it reminds me of myself! But sure with the help of this thread and so many positive comments 2019 will be a successful journey for us all .

Please log in or register to post a reply.