Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks Jennie!!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Violinist from The Land Downunder ๐Ÿ™‚ Im a comp and electronic gadget dinosaur so reply purely on simple searches on Google or the like ๐Ÿ™‚ When I searched Carbs in onions . . . this was (one of many) results . . .(I hasten to add here I use the same site for references to at least get a ballpark comparison figures from one opinion :)) (Ive copied nd oasted the following!) “Carbs. Carbohydrates make up about 9-10% of both raw and cooked onions. They consist mostly of simple sugars, such as glucose, fructose and sucrose, as well as fibers. A 100 gram (3.5 oz) portion of onions contains 9.3 grams of carbs, and 1.7 grams of fiber, so the total digestible carbohydrate content is 7.6 grams”.

The same table of reference was asked re Carbs in Leeks: (I copied and paste): “1/2 cup of raw leeks 6.5 grams of net carbs, 1 of gram fiber, 28 calories.”
    Yes on many products downunder the carb “Information” section usually lists Carbs: then broken into Sugars: then Fibre (if any) .There is no carb info on a bag of onions, single leeks or a bunch of shallots ๐Ÿ™‚ or many other “fresh” items like bunched garden, spinach or asparagus, lose avocadoes . . . etc.. As a nother example . . . I have just gone and retrieved a newly purchased sealed/prepared/ready to eat KaleSlaw Salad Mix. 400grms see-through bag of Kale, 20%, red cabbage, 20%, carrot 19% then the HUGE list of stuff in the included bag of dressing = 17%!!! – (I wont go into that) – before carrying on with *, broccoli 10% and seed mix bag 3.8% Beetroot 10%. = (round figures 100% of what is in the bag. . . . Skipping to the carb Nutrition list: Carbs per 100grms – (quarter of the bag) – are 3.7g then indented: Sugars 3.5grms per 100grams and then a totally separate heading: Dietary Fibre, TOTAL (which Im assuming means including the dressing . . .? = 2.8grms per 100 grms. which equates to 9% of the recommended daily intake. Well I dont count the fibre as an individual thing per daily intake . . Im aware it is part of the carb info . . .somehow, though NOT always written up in the same format! Cryovac little bag of baby beets – 5 = 250grms. Carb is 8.3gms per 100 grms – indented heading says sugars are 7.8grms of that. There is NO fibre reference ๐Ÿ™‚ The fitness pal may have reference from a different source . . . I will not attempt to debate that anywhere ๐Ÿ™‚ The internet has SO MANY SOURCES one can be forgiven for finding variations of the same info. I just stick to this one site and know Im comparing apples with whatever else on a level playing field – even if their readings are variable to other lists ๐Ÿ™‚ If my day is consumed deliberating whether Im one or two grams of carb OVER my chosen 20 then its a sad indictment on what are priorities in my ever shortening lifetime ๐Ÿ™‚ There will be the day I fast and fall way short of the 20. To each his own plan and Im always open for information . . ., after all I didnt get the nickname the oracle for being blindfolded, tunnel visioned, adamant or one eyed ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy days All and GOOD CARB HUNTING and COUNTING! Please let us share whatever knowledge we collect . . . because one never knows when someone may not even have this much info to be going on with ๐Ÿ™‚ Love to all who are on this experimental journey . . . cos it works like an experiment on every individual. AND we are all cooking up our own storms!!! Onward with bravery, conviction, determination to do our best and be accepting of the best efforts we are all putting in . . . sometimes under very stressful, trying and heartbreaking circumstances ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Wooduckie,
    Thanks for the reply. My focus was not on if your number was correct, as all different programs say different measures for different onions and such. My need was on clarifying once again that your 10 grams of carbs was net of fiber. It is important to me because I normally have a total of 40 grams of carbs and 20 grams of fiber daily. I need to know that to you guys and MM, that means I have 20 carbs a day. 40-20. Thanks

Catherine

• posted by Violinist
    on

Also, thank you for reminding me to include the onions in Myfitnesspal. I normally donโ€™t and did not realize the carbs in them!!!!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Wooduckie, were you around when I said I spent a year in Sydney in highschool in 1973? Iwas an exchange student at Monte Sant Angelo.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

apologies . . . I hasten to add to my other lengthy post . . . I just do the simple thing of adding the total carbs . . . whether they include fibre or not . . . one might benefit one way and loose the other ๐Ÿ™‚ If the labels says 3grms per 100ml or 100grms then thats 3 grams of carb in my counting book. That includes 3 coffees with 3 grms per 100ml of milk each time . . . thats 9 grms of carb. of my chosen allotment of 20 (or thereabouts) – so typical day for me could be as it was today . . .. . .
    As I wasnt at home and the fridge was sparse where I was staying . . . I had taken some salad mix with me and pantry sourced a mini can of tuna . . . FOR BREAKFAST! Zero or 1-2 carbs. Lunch was similar salad mix, with “Christmas” leg bone ham cut fresh and plated. 1grm at best + the salad with no dressing = ?? . . . dinner tonight . . . cold roasted pork . . . 1cm x 10cms slice of Brie Cheese and 1/3 an avocado. .5 grm maybe . . . and 3 coffees all day = 10-12 grms or thereabouts because of the milk and cream, and three glasses of water. Thats all around 15 total by my rough guess-timate. Any advice fellow travellers on if this is wise choices or can be bettered please? BECAUSE after 6 months . . . Ive levelled out at discard of 11kgs total . . . and have been that weight for maybe 6 weeks now.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

OH REALLY???? Over the North side of the harbour ๐Ÿ™‚ What an experience that would have been for you at that age – (or any age really) – I do hope you have fond memories – and by my calculations you are at the prime age right now ๐Ÿ™‚ Im remembering back . , and it seems on reflection things move more quickly at your age than they do at mine ๐Ÿ™‚ BUT it is SO NICE to know some of the overseas (from me) folks have been to our AMAZING and UNIQUE continent to actually taste what we talk about ๐Ÿ™‚ Hugs xxx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Wait! I am 63 this year. Are you older?

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Oh Violinist you are most welcome! I only discovered THAT fact this week . . . AFTER SIX MONTHS!!!!! Not that I pile them on or in every day BUT . . I was surprised.

• posted by Violinist
    on

I donโ€™t use many onions either, but still.

And yes, what fun I had that year in Australia!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

hhhmmmm well . . .ley me reveal . . .(secretly of course)!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Ill be watching this space with interest for the professors and past masters of this WoE and tweaking the edges for their input ๐Ÿ™‚ Great topic and VERY important corner stone for us all . . . after all . . . this is what it is entirely based on so to get that fact straight n ones head is vital ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Kerryp
    on

OMG – I love onions, so I’m singing out loud with my hands over my ears while they’re being discussed as big on CARBS!

K

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

HaHaHa what a wonderful picture that conjures up!!! (LALALALALALALALALALLLLLAAAAA!!!)

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

When you were born I was starting high school!!! hehehehehe! Yes! An OLD duckie learning new tricks ๐Ÿ™‚ Who’da thoughtit!!!???

• posted by Redkidneybean_mama
    on

Me too Kerryp! Most of this carb talk is going straight over my head I have to admit.
    Hope all fellow flu sufferers are still hanging in there. I think I’m just about on the other side of it, it’s been 6 days without any fitness at all for me and my body still aches! ๐Ÿ™ so grim. I’ve been clinging on the diet for dear life, drinking sugar free cough syrup all the way, I hope the scales will take that I to consideration tomorrow.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi RedKidneyBeanMama

I do kind of get it – I just don’t want to be jolted out of my state of denial.

K ๐Ÿ˜’

• posted by Granny
    on

Well after catching up on all those posts I just know that I have to limit onions……and I absolutely love them but never realised they were so โ€˜carbyโ€™! ClarinetC thinking of you and hope that the tests will give you the answers you deserve. Woodduckie your posts bring a smile to my face thank you ๐Ÿ˜€. Iโ€™m now in Dublin for a few days and trying hard to stick to bsd principles! Hoping that my sightseeing walking will result in damage limitation x

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Awww Granny you are too kind but tytytytyty . . . Im pleased to have brougth enlightenment . . . if only to make you CRY over your onions!!! HAHAHAHAHA! I was astonished because onions, leeks,shallots/spring onions/garlic,ALL bring a charge of flavour to something which could well otherwise be very bland. Im sure we will manage but . . .hhhmmm well maybe if we limit them to one or two days a week I suppose . . . . . . ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Thought I’d post this episode which has just happened which did make me smile.

So, I’m caring for my older brother’s wife weekdays at the moment while he’s in hospital. She’s quite a bit older than me and as I posted earlier she has quite fixed ideas about food. I’ve just been preparing cottage pie for our ‘tea’. I’ve made one for her topped with mashed potato and one for me topped with cauliflower mash. She’s just seen it. She’s now completely bewildered and not a little irritated and I feel like the errant teenager i.e. ‘our Jennie has always been a bit odd’. Aren’t people great!

• posted by Granny
    on

Haha itโ€™s tales all sorts Jennie……enjoy, actually you could ask her to taste it and convert her to bsd! Woodduckie the annoying thing is that the onion โ€˜familyโ€™ is the base for lots of soups as well as main meals ๐Ÿ™„…….

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

WoodDuckie

I have been doing BSD Since January 2017 and lost 42 lbs. A slow loser, it took me 9 months to lose my weight which I maintained successfully for twelve months. Since October last year Iโ€™ve found it difficult to maintain my weight and have seen it gradually going up and up despite fasting and staying low carb apart from Christmas week when I afforded myself a week off! I am a vegetarian and my usual day consists of no breakfast. It always do 16:8. For lunch at 12-30 pm I usually eat an egg salad, a cheese salad, some of the egg muffins with salad, quorn salad, home made cream of mushroom soup or maybe a piece of cheese and some nuts or some hummus, Greek yoghurt with chia seeds. I never eat bread, rice, pasta, potatoes or fruit apart from raspberries or blueberries. For my evening meal I usually have something like roasted vegetables with halloumi, a cheese omelette, a mushroom omelette, cauliflower cheese, quorn sausages and Savoy cabbage or broccoli or roasted Brussel sprouts. I do use onions in my cooking but not to excess. So you can see why I am concerned that I canโ€™t maintain my weight. I shall await the blood test results. It do have a medical history of an auto immune problem. Letโ€™s see what the results come back with and if there isnโ€™t a metabolic problem then maybe I do need to go back to looking even closer at my diet, I am taking L Carnitine supplement as recommend by JGwen. us vegetarians donโ€™t make enough if this in our diets and that is supposed to help metabolise our food. Iโ€™ve been using this for a few months. I even have apple cider vinegar before my evening meal which is supposed to be good for us- I quite like it now! I have it in sparkling water. Anyway, thank you for your assistance in trying to work out where I am going wrong food wise- I honestly donโ€™t think I am eating anything I shouldnโ€™t. Watch this space!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi and good morning from downunder CC! Well that all sounds very straightforward and I thank you sincerely for allowing us to have a look at your menu under the microscope. I too recently looked into introducing ACV to my “dietary intake” and after reading the side-effects – decided against it ๐Ÿ™‚ (Nausea, low potassium, slow bowel etc were things I wasnt prepared to trial ๐Ÿ™‚ Im sending you a bunch of daffodils and a lime and coconut aromatic candle to maybe help relax you a little while awaiting results. Know we are all here in the waiting room with you ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyone for a coffee? xxx

• posted by Violinist
    on

I will!!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Indeed! So much of stirfries are bland and need a kick along – this family has it in spades . . . and seemingly also – MORE THAN THEIR FAIR SHARE OF CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKFULLY many of my summer meal choices are lifted with just small quantities of diced members of this family tossed through . . . but soups . . ? Yes and so many here speak of their satisfying soups to fill gaps ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Violinist
    on

Wooduckie, you have my total respect and awesomeness at your wisdom!!!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

PS: JUst went looking for the L-C supplement you mentioned and while I understand the theory of why you might look to add this to your intake . . . again the (possible) side effects there seems to be pretty harsh! and some fall into not feeling well category in my estimations. Lets hope its just a case of maybe dropping that for something else . . .

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Violinist!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ You are too kind! I just spend LOADS of time on the comp . . . soak up info like a sponge ave a habit of opening one site, then going to another section of that one and that one etc..!! Then go back to menu and start on another search for something . . .If Im on the phone to anyone and something comes up which I dont know the answer to or am alerted to by curiousity . ..I go look it up. AND its SO MUCH FASTER than any dictionary or encyclopeadia which I used to read all the time as a child. So Im guessing I have always had an enquiring mind and it really doesnt matter if its about orchids, or how to DISCOURAGE rabbits from decimating my front grassed area – (a severe problem I currently have) – or how many carbs in a snow pea . . . – or someone here asking a question -I am almost driven to go look for info. The upside is I get to listen to talkback informing radio, check emails and play my many moves in copious games of WWF – all while researching . . . the downside of this is the dusting doesnt usually get done . . . toilet calls are always left to the last minute!!!! and maybe there is getting to be so much “stuff” in my mind ‘cos I seem to be dropping some things (my explanation for not remembering the odd thing these days!) HAHAHAHAHA! I hasten to add . . . it is a way better place I am finding myself today rather than 6 years ago – Oct to Dec – just three days into a open-ended “blowing in the wind” road trip with my sister-in-law had begun . . . a life-threatening set of infections caused me to collapse and be rushed over 150klms by ambulance to a hospital with facilities I needed – and an unexpected 5star stay in ICU in a drug induced coma for 43 days. On discharge . . . this duckie – to whom words, grammar etc were my first love and main basis for communication . . . couldnt concentrate sufficiently to read, do my beloved anagrams, play scrabble against the clock online, crosswords, play social cards online and at the same chat with my o/s buddies . . . knit or crochet (another muchloved pastime) – couldnt stay awake for more than an hour . . . couldnt prepare or cut my own food – (I was living with son and daughter n law and 2 small raandchildren while recovering and was virtually a 3rd child having to be reminded and tutored to the need to do certain things and having my food cut so I could eat it! I thought Id need to go into care or at least closed community facility to even get to function independently again . . . all seemed gone forever. . . . . that was a dark place and while there are times Im not back up to speed in some areas . . Im MOST grateful for where I am ๐Ÿ™‚ I hunger for the knowledge pills that nurture me : And I get excited to share my knowledge or gleaned information. If it helps GREAT . . . if it doesnt or isnt applicable or appropriate . . . then ve delivered food for thought and can move on ๐Ÿ™‚ I guess this really should have been put on the POSITIVES thread. hmmm . . . though come to think of it this 6year chapter started with a road trip . . . so I guess it is kinda in the right place ๐Ÿ™‚ This past weekend was my anniversary of resuming my independence . . . albeit very shakily. Love to us all ๐Ÿ™‚ Keep fighting the fight for our best results because we are worth it and so is pushing on . . . I wouldnt have traded this extra 6 years for anything . . . each hour of each and every day things are getting more interesting, enlightening AND exciting ๐Ÿ™‚ Today . . .? all four grandchildren commence a new year at school . . one in a new school as he moves on to high school now. Their first day pictures sent to my mobile brought tears of joy this morning ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Granny
    on

What an inspiring and heartwarming story woodduckie ๐Ÿ˜, so glad you are now in a lovely bright sunshine place and are able to enjoy the things you love again. Talking of which I noted you love to knit and crochet…..itโ€™s my passion too, I canโ€™t bear to have nothing on the needles and usually have at least 3 things in progress. My current project is a c2c graphgan……..Iโ€™ve only recently discovered them and I love them! I am part of a craft group who meet regularly to knit and natter and we make and sell things for our nominated charity (we choose a different one each year). Pinterest and Etsy are my favourite go to sites and like you with your words I can spend soooo much time looking patterns up/ideas etc.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Wow, Wooduckie!!! I completely inderstand your lov for life! You have been given a second one, for sure. And arenโ€™t we the lucky recipients of all that knowledge!!! Thank you!!

• posted by Violinist
    on

My road trip started 29 years ago when I had to flee an alcoholic husband and take 4 children ages 12,11,9 and 7 with me. I was 34, no education and 30 dollars to my name. One child was a juvenile diabetic. I started college for the first time and started my accounting career at age 40. Kids are 40,39,38,36 now and I am remarried, retired and living in florida where a new home and pool are being built for my wonderful hubby and I. August 13 is my anniversary of freedom.

I am happy to be alive.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Courageous and inspiring lady ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for sharing such intimate details of your life. Be proud of what you have achieved . . . and deserve. All the very best is wished for, and sent to you, for the rest of your life ๐Ÿ™‚ AWESOME road trip ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Im humbled V. Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ Seems we have a great deal in common ๐Ÿ™‚ I too was divorced early in life – with two children 5-7 . . . though see your road as quite a deal more difficult to smooth than mine . . . I never remarried nor ever had a live-in partner again . . (Not for the lack of looking or investigating . . . it just didnt happen). However with courage and determination, seems we have both come out the other end all the stronger and wiser for the experience.

• posted by Violinist
    on

For sure, Woodduckie!

Catherine

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you Granny ๐Ÿ™‚ My projects have ALWAYS been diverse and not always of handcrafts . . . since my 6 years ago “turning point” . . . I began crocheting again. Because my hands wouldnt/couldnt respond with an strength to so anything fine or precise, the gripped crochet hook, feeble attempts to keep yarn in place which were overcome and being able to move a whole hand from the wrist was the best available first leg of being useful and productive. I just crocheted round and round and round, formalising a pattern with three colours in what turned into a metre square shoulder shawl, kneerug or if folded . . . a pillow. Fed up with those colours and atience qwearing thin with the time it was taking to do yet another round . . . . . . I started another . . . then another . . . until I had some 17 in the cupboard and no one to give them to. A local charity store lady suggested the oncology unit of the local hospital might be interested as she had had chemo there . . . and the rug/comforter she had been allotted had a tag declaring it had been made with much love by someone anonymous. With 8 rugs wrapped in cello and finished complementing coloured ribbons as decoration, I drove to the hospital and was directed to a social worker. The rugs were gratefully accepted . . . and when delivering another 5 some months later, was told of one dear soul who asked could she keep her comforter which had held her together through her ordeal. I knew in that instant my perseverance and I had made a difference. Others were donated as prizes for shaving heads for leukemia week, a friend’s elderly aunt who was in care received one . . . etc etc. Two new babies received a cot cover. Then the boredom hit – awaiting inspiration for another project. Red Cross have Trauma Teddies to soothe troubled nerves for both children and adults alike. I heard of 90 being distributed to 5-12yolds at the tiny local school when the bushfire came raging through and evacuation was a scramble. All my scrap wool from the blankets were collected together and I stepped up to two needles . . . knitting again!!! So now all those leftovers became Trauma Teddies, proudly bearing the Red Cross badge of approval. I saw these teddies as replacement for the huge drain caused by the blaze. Then came word a Ronald McDonald house was in need of cuddle rugs large enough to wrap dolls, teddies etc for the children in hospital and their siblings in accommodation as gifts. A carton of some 25 or so both knitted and crocheted creations were finished and delivered. Then came the beanies for the NICU unit . . . dozens of those . . . followed by a request for jackets . . .and think there must have been a few dozen of those delivered ๐Ÿ™‚ In between times I began making greeting cards by recycling retired treasures from charity stores. . . . the local pharmacy agreed to put them on the counter and with a pledged amount going to the RFS I make more of those than I sell but I see it as a win win situation. In between when season is high I crop my lavender bushes and bunch the stems to be tied with three shades of purple lavender and mauve ribbons. They spend three – six months hanging drying in my sunroom before being placed in the trug by the front door – firstly as a decoration, before leaving here as a small appreciation to visitors ๐Ÿ™‚ Creativity has always been such a huge part of my life – (including making ends meet when time were hand to mouth tough ๐Ÿ™‚ Then two years ago I was faced with the removal of a (thankfully benign) 10cm tumour. That took 9 months from beginning of investigations to removal . . . stress unlike few others Ive had. Then 2018 when the BSL’s blew out . . . it was almost like how many more mountains. So back to the craft because . . . It has always satisfied and soothed and has now been very instrumental in repairing and rejuvenating my soul. Life is amazing . . . and we are so resilient if only we get to see ourselves worth fighting for – and somethng worthwhile to take our minds off ourselves ๐Ÿ™‚ Mine is not the only story . . . nor the toughest. We all have them and they arent always plain sailing romantic novels. Always remember there is light after darkness. We must have faith. Love to all. Bunches of lavender all round ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh my goodness WoodDuckie, you are a total inspiration. I was very moved hearing of your life challenges, thank you for sharing them with us. Your zest for life is joyful to read . You were dealt some pretty tough cards but you have transformed them into the most glorious gratitude and love for life’s simple pleasures. . So much courage and strength of spirit, I am truly humbled. You did not emerge from trauma with resentment and bitterness. You are a force of nature Cheerleader Duckie !! It is a privilege to have you among us to share your expรฉriences. We certainly can learn a lot from you about courage in adversity.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

I thank you sincerely for your kind words wendleg. When I reflect on my life’s path, I can see where the major turning points began shaping the lessons and experiences I would need later on. It is quite fascinating . . . and provide memories of (when they were present!) – seemingly extremely minor details which were in fact like little candles in the night! – hinting at their energy or information which could be useful if collected and stored ๐Ÿ™‚ This I believe is true for us all . . . its just some of us are oblivious or unaware of – and absorbing or even recognising – such details. My first turning point was age 4. (I have few recollections of the time.) BUT the EMOTIONAL lessons – resilience and survival lessons were begun BIGTIME with the passing of my 26yo mother. Fostered twice – while separated from my adored and adoring father . . . even though I was VERY well cared for by the strangers to the small child, these circumstances saw me withdraw . . . unwittingly learn how to “shore up” emotions, hurt – (the mystery (to a 4yo) as to how I came to be in this situation) – . . . the loner, with resourcefulness, and independence of (having to) do things my way – (perceived as on my own!) – saw “survival skills” drawn on very early. Curiously, as Im writing . . . so many songs come to mind . . . (whilst I was with the fosterers, music was a huge part of and records regularly played in the home). As those kind folks are now long gone I cannot ask them – (if these were regularly requested and therefore) – why these might be significant . . . though if I stop and think . . . I dont believe it is necessary. I believe I already have the answers. “You’ll Never Know” is the one speaking of the unexplained 4-y-olds heartache. “Look for the Silver Lining” . . . “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”. And “Whispering Hope.” Not surprisingly all are of HOPE. (The 4yo wouldnt have realised that at the time!!) Imprinting and impressions do mould us . . . (this was all 70+ years ago) . . . were long ago relegated to my subconscious but isnt it fascinating – even curious? – how when I go back to reveal the facts . . . these details are also recalled ?:) I see it that they were positives my soul fed upon to keep going. THAT could well be one of the WONDERFUL, FASCINATING MIRACLES – and MYSTERIES – of life. Sometimes we just need to be still and listen . . . for answers and information to come along ๐Ÿ™‚ We all have the tools we need . . . its just we may not initially or immediately recognise them or their uses ๐Ÿ™‚ There is so much to discover or uncover every day ๐Ÿ™‚ SO GET OUT THE POM POMS !!!! Crank up the music and go for it! Today is for LIVING and expressing joy at having a chance to do so! Warmth to our friends freezing their butts off with the polar vortex and a cool breeze for those in Oz being broiled, fried and sweating profusely with yet another scorching heatwave day:) From experience . . . way better than in a coma in an ICU I can assure you! OOps think this could have been on the positives page but . . . ah . . . what the heck. Mixes it up a bit!!!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Happy 3 am fom Florida folks!

Woodduckie, you have had quite a life. I cannot imagine facing a life without my mom at age 4. I am so enjoying your writing skills also. You say everything with such grace.

• posted by chunkyd
    on

Weigh day week 4. Disappointed to report zero loss this week. Total loss still 10lbs. I know what I need to do, just avoid the mid week blips! My second week was a very slight weight gain then third week a 4lbs loss so I am hoping for a similar turn-around in week 5!!
    Good luck everyone, keep going.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

I’m so annoyed. I’ve just typed a really long post commenting on recent posts over the last few days and it’s disappeared, AGAIN! And then I notice I need to log on!
    Unfortunately I don’t have time to re-type it all again.
    So I’m wishing everyone all the best and good luck to our Friday weighers and look forward to seeing all your results regardless of what they may be. ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, It’s the 1st Feb today, and in 4 short weeks, it will be 1st March! Woohoo, what a wonderful feeling to know daffodils and tulips will soon be sprouting up out of the ground! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Keep on at it, Roadsters! ๐Ÿ™‚ You’re all marvelous! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    Kazzeexx

on

A 0.4 lb weight loss for me this week. A loss is a loss!!! Had my blood tests done on Tuesday following my consultation on Monday. Results still awaited- maybe later today. Iโ€™ve got to be honest, Iโ€™ve been a little more relaxed this week whilst awaiting the results. I am going to London tomorrow for the week to stay with my son and we have an invitation to St James Palace on Wednesday to meet the Prince of Wales!! My son has won a Prince of Wales award at work and we are going with him to receive his award! I bought a lovely outfit just before Christmas and thankfully it still fits me! I feel that once the results of my blood tests are in I will be in a better position to move forward with the next part of my BSD journey.

I wonโ€™t be giving up my bsd way of life but I am having a little โ€œrestโ€ from being as strict whilst I await my results and gather my thoughts on the best way forwards. Weight today was 141.4 so I am way off where I want to be 133.

Good luck to everyone weighing in today. Some of the new BSDers are doing really well with their weight losses. I remember how excited I felt when I started this journey seeing the weight coming off and seeing my clothes becoming too big and I was a really slow loser- Keep going to all the old timers. Keep on keeping on. Onwards and hopefully downwards!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

That’s fantastic Cathy! ๐Ÿ™‚ Really pleased for you on the loss. Wow, hobbnobbing are we?! do you have a hat or a fascinator? Congratulations to your son, you must be very proud parents. Cathy, part of my lost post mentioned me agreeing that from what you listed, there was no reason to maintain weight let alone gain, so I too await your results. Glad you are able to relax and focus on much more pleasurable things! ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy your week, Cathy. xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Oh, blimey, woolly head… so my loss this week, and mostly due to the flu thing, is 4 lbs off… but, let’s not get excited – I’ve hardly eaten this week, but now I’m feeling much better and appetite has returned. I shall try to captialise on it though! ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Wow Kazz 4lb off! 8 packets of lard gone!!! I love seeing weight in packets of lard! Sorry youโ€™ve been ill but every cloud and all that….. 4lb is an awesome weight loss in a week. If you work really hard this week you could lose 3lb more and thatโ€™s half a stone down!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome back, Kazz. You really did get punched in the head with flu this year. So happy that you
    are on the mend ๐Ÿ™‚

CC, how very exciting! Have a wonderful experience seeing your son receive such an honor. Life
    is filled with these high points…lasting memories, all. Congratulations!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Thanks Allie and Cathy, it’s good to feel human again! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Granny
    on

Kazz exactly the same thing has happened a few times with my messages – as you say so annoying! Thereโ€™s a box you can tick which says โ€˜remember meโ€™ and sine Iโ€™ve used that all seems ok ๐Ÿ‘, great loss by the way, at least your horrible flu has given you some reward. CC how exciting for you and your family, enjoy and Iโ€™m sure you will look fantastic in your outfit. Wish I was only a few lbs from my target lol! Chunkyard I know how you feel, having spent the last 4 days on a mini break to Dublin I have put on 1.2kg……back to reality and march on thru February .
    Woodduckie I admire your resilience so thank you for sharing, back to my crochet now to keep my little fingers and mind focused on BSD!

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Afternoon roadsters, just checking in to say have been โ€˜kokoโ€™ ing this last week ( if that makes sense ); exercise all good , water down a tad and good food choices. Down another smidge to 79.4 – was lower in the week (grrr) but thatโ€™s todayโ€™s scale showing. Measurements – cms also down a bit from upper body, navel and natural waist. Feel slimmer, skin good and a few positive comments from friends and colleagues.
    Tbh probably need to up protein and down the veg. Also need to up the water.
    Have been experiencing cramps in calf muscles so maybe need to tweak minerals?
    Kazz – glad youโ€™re feeling better. Granny – hope you had a great time in Ireland. Cc hope you got answers from GP Greenjanet hope youโ€™re hanging in there and being kind to yourself. Chunky – hang in there it will come right for you.hope everyone has a grand weekend.
    Well done to all bsders . Happy February and renewed resolve! Bean x

• posted by MagicBean
    on

CC – hope you enjoy your special occasion with your son + hope results are ok .
    Bean

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone,
    So, I weighed myself this morning – no change. Can’t say I’m surprised, it’s been a tricky week – away from home, not always easy to weigh things etc. But I’m happy I’ve not put on anything and maintained my 5lb loss of the Christmas weight.

chunkyd – me too with a zero loss this week, but you’re 10lb loss so far is brilliant – hope you see that turnaround this week!

CC – what an absolutely lovely thing for your son, you must be so proud – and rightly so! Have a lovely time on Tuesday. I also hope the blood test results give you a positive answer this week

Kazz – sorry it had to be thru the flu but 4lbs – a nice little gift at the end of it – great to hear you’re well again.

Granny – that’s not too bad a gain after a mini-break in Dublin – when I’ve done the same I’ve found keeping things strict for a few days (I usually try to up the walking too) and the weight seems to drop off fairly quickly. I love Dublin – I bet a great time was had by all!
    MagicBean – isn’t it great when people give you compliments. I have to say much better skin (mine was never great) is one of the best things for me on this way of eating, as well as slimmer ankles – woohoo! There was a brief chat (between Maximin, sunshine-girl and me) on the ONE WEEK AT A TIME Beginning Jan. 29, 2019 thread yesterday about leg cramps/magnesium. Might be worth a look.
    WoodDuckie and Violinist – I just wanted to say how moved I was reading both your histories – what strong resilient people you are. I admire you both. xx

Hope everyone else is going well. As others have said, we have a lovely, new, shiny month ahead – everything’s possible.
    Jennie

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good morning all!
    Jennie10, thank you. I am trying to conjure up that gumption I had 24 years ago and turn this boat around!!!

Have a great day all!

Please log in or register to post a reply.