Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

Happy belated birthday JGwen. I often find birthdays rarely pan out as planned. I have a friend who places great pressure on her birthday. Itโ€™s horrific for friends and family as she wants surprises but never likes what ever we plan! She is impossible to please. I dread every January as a result!
    Hope you managed to have a day you could enjoy and was able to put the negative comments asides. Allie is right, look at your journey over the last year. I applaud you.

I burned my dinner (and lunch for today) last night. Normally that would send me to sandwich city. But I gave myself a talking to. Took a batch cooked chilli out of the freezer for lunch and whizzed up a mushroom omelette for dinner. Feeling stupidly proud of myself for employing my very own backstop!

Happy Wednesday everyone
    L x

• posted by Jennie10
    on

KazzUk – glad you got your boiler fixed – ours has been running on a wing and a prayer for the last few years – we keep being told some of the parts are no longer available, so it’s just a matter of time…. nice to know you are nice and warm and toasty again…. oh, and clean!

JGwen – belated happy birthday.Hope your day turned out better in the end. I haven’t got a dog but the blanket, fire and binge watch sounds lovely to me. I also looked up the word as I didn’t know it, either. I agree with writing your response down – it gets it out of your head. I usually throw in the odd swear word as I find it helps me – my sister has always told me it shows a lack of vocabulary, but I take the Billy Connolly view – there are times when no other word will do as well. I’ve learnt a lot from your posts so it’ll be great to read them again when the time is right.
    Redkidneybean_mama – welcome and hope things are going well this week.

I did smile at the discussion about a sneaky early weigh-in paying you back in the end – finding I weigh more at my ‘official’ weigh day than I did a few days before has happened to me a few times – sigh! I haven’t weighed at all this week as I’m away staying with an older relative. She lives a scales – free life. Something to be said for it, I think.

Hope everyone goes well for the rest of the week.
    Jennie xx
    Btw, leeleecheechee – (is that right? – am spelling it blind) – I got the ticket to one of MM’s February shows – looking forward to it now.

• posted by Redkidneybean_mama
    on

Hi all, so on my official weekly weigh-in this week I’ve lost about 2kgs ๐Ÿ˜„ YAY! The slow down ended rather abruptly and I’m still at a loss to explain it but couldn’t care a less now as I’ve lost a nice big chunk. Jennie, I am so guilty of early weigh-ins and this time it betrayed me so lots of reason to wait till next Wed now! I love your aunt for living a scales free life, what an inspiration.

• posted by Granny
    on

Well done REDkb ๐Ÿ‘ you must feel amazing and JGwen belated greetings and โ€˜hear hearโ€™ for all thatโ€™s already been said, rest assured you will be the better person for it๐Ÿ‘

on

Thank you Granny ๐Ÿ˜Š it is one step in the right direction. Here goes week 3…!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Greetings and a warm welcome to you, redkidneybean! What you’ve just experienced is what is known as the “whoosh”
    effect, where the body holds on to the water for a period of time, then releases it all with the collapse of fat cells. As fat
    cells begin to collapse, they fill with water, and then the whoosh takes place. If you google “whoosh effect” you can
    read more about it. Continuing success ๐Ÿ™‚

Allie

on

‘Whoosh effect’ I like the sound of that, thanks Allie I will look it up.

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Hiya trusty Roadsters from a tired and slightly achy Bean. As suggested by Verano on another thread, decided not to fight the insomnia and got up just after 5 and did an adapted hiit ( Rogue one – the dr mm hiit as suggested by Denise Susan . When itโ€™s nicer outside I like to intersperse short interludes of jog / spring fartlek style exercise ) I added in a longer jog warm up, a second burst of sprints and a cool down slightly longer jog. Felt exceedingly virtuous . ( Hiit added in twice this week and 3 times last week)
    Scales – slightly up – but as you know I hopped off the wagon at W/e.
    Wonder if I am insulin resistant? Had a 50 y o medical mot a few years back but nothing showed up as far as I can remember : slightly raised b p , triglycerides cholesterol but nothing spectacular.
    Should I get further tests done? Will nhs do this ?
    Congratulations to all who are clinging on to the wagon and those waving the victory flags.
    Bean x
    Happy belated birthday JGwen
    Thanks to all for support messages – will try not to weigh now TIL at least W/e.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, Roadsters!
    Excellent work, Redkidneybean, itโ€™s so wonderful when the whoosh happens!
    Bean, am impressed with your HiT workout! I really must dig out my running machine from under the stairs! As for insulin resistent – I assume I am because I am apple shaped, slim arms and legs, waist wider than hips! You can go to your GP and ask to have your blood work checked. Whether there is a test for insulin resistence itself , I donโ€™t know. They do check for type II diabetes though. I signed up last year so I can access my test results on line and compare them to the previous years results. Mine were improved from the previous year after finding BSD.
    Hope everyone else is ok?
    See you all later!
    Kazzeexx

on

Morning all,

I woke up this morning with the world’s worst sore throat and general flu- like run business no doubt given to me by my delightful kids. Feeling sorry for myself I made a large latte with semi-skimmed milk and was just about to indulge when the guilt trickled in. I have now poured it away and have the kettle on to make a chamomile tea instead – it was a close call!

Thanks Kazzuk, here’s to everyone getting some lovely whoosh effects soon.

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Hi Everyone,

RedKidney I feel your pain, been fighting off the cough, coldy thing for a couple of days but determined not to let it de-rail me! Am delighted to report I have hit my first half stone lost after 2 1/2 weeks on Fast800 (well nearer 1000 if I am honest) have been much more active too so delighted with progress. Operation wedding dress fitting is well under way!

• posted by RedRooster
    on

Hi everyone, tough week three, away with work Birthday parties thought I had it under control but lost the plot a bit. Managed to claw it back and finished the week flat, so after 3 weeks was at 11lb off. As if this morning 12.5lb off give it take so the last few days have got me back in track. Iโ€™m away again with work and have a dinner with customers, so wonโ€™t be in 800 for the day but will try to stay low carb.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi RedRooster
    Life gets in the way a bit sometimes, doesn’t it?
    Well done for getting things back on track and for having a plan to deal with your customer dinner.
    I think getting back ‘on it’ when you’ve had a slip is properly tough – but you’re doing it.
    All power to you!

Kerry

on

Congratulations cleverblonde, you must be skipping and dancing! I know I would be ๐Ÿ˜‰

Redrooster fair play to you, you’ve probably done the hardest thing and won, getting back on the wagon is no easy feat.

I’ve made it to the end of the day with this awful flu thing ive got and actually I havent felt like eating anything at all. But I’ve stuck to my 800 calories, I had to include two teaspoons of honey for honey and lemon teas so not the best forms of carbs but with a sore throat there’s not much else I can do.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

RedKidney, hope you feel better soon!
    Cleverblonde and RedRooster- round of applause!
    See you all tomorrow!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, Trippers!
    Good luck to everyone weighing in today. I have 2 lbs off to report.
    See you all later!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Well done Kazzee! A great end to the week.

I had a couple of difficult weeks earlier this month and a few pounds crept back on. But am pleased to report that for the last 3 days I’ve been at 140lb and hopefully next week will get back to the 139lb I had previously reached. Then it’s full throttle to my 133lb target by the end of this trip!

Good luck everyone, and have a great weekend X

• posted by kaz62
    on

Well done Kazzee must be something about 2lb for the Kazโ€™s this week
    weโ€™re all marching together on this road trip sometimes we go hit a bump in the road or wander off track but this thread you set up is great for getting us back on track and off in the right direction again๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Up 2.2 lbs this morning. Doctors appointment booked for Monday. There has got to be a medical condition to report back with next week and I am thinking along the lines of a thyroid condition! Iโ€™ve been battling now since September to get the last few pounds off eating less and less and fasting more and more and definitely need some professional help. Once I know where i stand blood test wise I will make a decision of how best to move forward with BSD but something is definitely not right and Iโ€™ve known for a while but keep putting it off. Appointment is 5.30 pm on Monday. Iโ€™ll report back this time next week. Have a good week everyone.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi! Look forward to hearing your results because I seem to be in the same boat ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck with the investigations.

• posted by Granny
    on

Well sadly I can report a loss in fact itโ€™s a 0.2 kg gain! So so annoyed with myself as weighed nearly a kg less earlier in the week๐Ÿ˜’. I know exactly what ive done……hit a bump ystday and ended up eating a Cadburyโ€™s chocolate egg (Iโ€™m not even that fussed on them) and then had cheese crackers and a glass of red last night! I wish I could have been like you redkidneybean and not succombed. BUT no use moaning gotta get myself together and get back on the road. Well done to everyone with your losses and those of you who have been poorly this week hope you have a better weekend.
    Good luck cc for Monday . Cleverblonde Great that operation wedding dress is on track ๐Ÿ‘. Good luck everyone.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I’m going to (try to) stay away from scales until Monday “official” end of week 3 weigh in, but did I read somewhere, and is it right, that it’s a good sign if the major fat areas (in my case, tummy) seem much “softer” and flabbier? Precursor to “whoosh”? Hope everyone has a good weekend when it arrives.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Good morning Kazz and Trippers!
    I’m definitely over the honeymoon period and weight loss is slowing down.
    Keep the faith, Granny. Getting back on track is the hardest thing – especially for such a minor blip – very tough indeed. I guess that the ‘ingredients’ of our programme are so finely balanced, that it’s very easy to derail it.
    My official weigh in day is Monday, but I had a sneaky look (which I’ll probably regret on Monday), and I’m pleased that the scales moved into the next stone – so I’m pleased to be in the 11s.
    Just as an insurance policy, I’m not counting my totals until Monday. I’m going to a wedding tomorrow – which will be a challenge!
    Have a great day everyone!

K xx

• posted by chunkyd
    on

I am pleased to report a 4lb loss this week (week 3), after a very small increase last week. Total loss so far just under 10lbs which is pleasing.
    Clarinet – good luck on Monday.
    Granny – I can relate to the red wine and cheese/crackers! That was me on Tuesday week before last.
    Good weekend to everyone!

• posted by Syd
    on

Good morning everyone
    Iโ€™m really enjoying reading through the posts and its great how much support there is on here no matter whether you are doing well or taking the โ€˜scenic routeโ€™! Iโ€™ve weighed in at the end of wk 3 and iโ€™ve stayed the same……. probably something to do with last weekend in Devon…. cooked breakfasts, afternoon tea and evening meals… topped off with โ€˜a littleโ€™ alcohol!!! I did lose cms though so there is a positive.
    A little bit about me…. Iโ€™m in the Uk, in Somerset. No snow but itโ€™s certainly been cold!!

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

good morning from a very foggy Sussex!
    Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Sorry Granny that you had a small disappointment on the scales, I am sure that will turnaround next week. I think we all have small blips and I certainly find a supportive environment such as this forum stops my small blips from turning into a major blowout!
    I normally weigh daily but as I now have a full blown cold and I am due my TOTM tomorrow, I know the scales will show some ups and downs in the next few days so rather than put myself through the rollercoaster I am going to carefully stick to plan, and then weigh in on Monday my regular weigh in day and take it from there.
    Have a good day everyone

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Well done, some excellent losses. Regardless of this week’s outcome, we are all doing brilliantly and learning the necessary coping strategies for the things that will crop up along the way… ๐Ÿ™‚
    Cathy – good luck for Monday. I feel your frustration. You know your own body the best. You’ll get to the bottom of it and we’ll be here for you all the way. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sixturkeys – yes, JGwen identified the “dimpled” squidgy area, a bit at a time and hopefully she’ll be along to explain further. It’s quite fascinating and not a little disconcerting as things go a bit lop sided in the mirror! Until the opposite side catches up! I avoid the mirror, I can tell by feel that my “apron” around my middle is lop sided! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Granny
    on

Thank you everyone for your supportive thoughts, youโ€™re right cleverblond this forum stops it from becoming a major blowout. Got todayโ€™s meals planned so that should keep me on track ๐Ÿ‘. Great result chunkyd, keep positive syd…..bet you enjoyed those cream teas tho ๐Ÿ˜†. Sixtirkeys hope you get the whoosh. Enjoy the wedding kerryp – you can rise to the challenge x

• posted by RogueOne
    on

Hi All,

Reporting at the end of week 4. My stats: weight loss from start 4.5kg, waist reduction from start 3.5 inches. I met the mini-goals I set for myself and now am in the 50s kg and have a waist to height ratio of 0.50. I will treat myself when I get to 55kg and have set myself another goal. Not so mini this time, as I expect it will take 6-8 weeks to get there. This summer I am determined to have toned and sculpted upper arms! Slim arms Iโ€™ve had, but never arms with muscle definition. Iโ€™m up for the challenge! I was reading that muscle mass declines at a rate of 3-5% for every decade after 30. Thatโ€™s truly alarming, so even if I donโ€™t end up with toned arms, I should be getting stronger.
    I picked up a 4kg weight and found it incredible to visualise that mass in fat being under my skin, surrounding my organs. Thatโ€™s a powerful visualisation and enough to keep me on the straight and narrow๐Ÿ˜„

MagicBean – thank you for the information. I have seen the hiit video featuring Dr Beth Philips and MM, but I donโ€™t know of your video.
    Redkidneybean_mama – you have my commiserations. I know what itโ€™s like to be under the weather at the moment. I have a runny, itchy nose and keep sneezing. Itโ€™s very annoying. I couldnโ€™t face hiit today, so had to settle for something less strenuous.
    Some of the weight losses are phenomenal – 12.5 lb in 3 weeks – wow RedRooster.
    Very well done to all who have experienced a weight loss – it cumulates and every gram/ounce/pound is important.
    Those that are static/gained – analysis followed by renewed determination is key (๐Ÿ™‚).
    Have a great weekend.

on

Oh Granny try not to dwell on it – you are speaking to the queen of falling off the wagon let me assure you. Best thing to do is start again asap and never punish yourself.

Rogue, my cold/flu like thing is truly horrendous and has stopped me doing my daily Fit in 15 for the last 4 days which is no fun at all! I hear you on the post-40 decline, it is rather alarming especially coupled with the possible side effects of menopause with increase in appetite but decrease in actual calorie requirement… Yikes! It’s good to remind myself of these things, I’m still 35 so have time to sort myself out before then fingers crossed.

• posted by RogueOne
    on

Ahh, Redkidneybean_mama, I really feel for you. It is awful to have a horrendous cold/flu. I donโ€™t know if you have tried fresh ginger? Itโ€™s my go to spice for when I need an anti-inflammatory or anti-viral. There are peer reviewed studies on the efficacy of the gingerols and shaogels found in ginger. They really do have an effect and there are lots of recipes online on making ginger โ€˜teaโ€™. (Iโ€™ve just made a dal which has lots of fresh ginger and tomorrow Iโ€™m making a โ€˜teaโ€™). You are lucky that you have age on your side๐Ÿ™‚ Definitely hit the next decade being as strong, flexible and lithe as possible. I think the work we put in now, benefits us in decades to come. It was funny that when I couldnโ€™t do my usual hiit, I felt so disappointed with myself and missed it. I expect thatโ€™s how you feel about your missed sessions. Tomorrow Iโ€™m doing weights and that should be fine (plus Iโ€™ll have the ginger). Hope you feel much better soon.

on

Rogue getting ill is just an annoying fact of life, I suppose better to ride it out and exercise when well than soldier on, feel worse and put the diet in jeopardy. I hope your weight training went to plan. Ginger is incredible stuff, you don’t have to sell me on the health benefits that much because I think it’s delicious, particularly as a tea or with sweet potato.

Just a question, does anyone include peanut butter in their 800 calories sometimes? Obviously I mean all natural stuff, nothing with ‘extras’ added, but I am craving it and thinking it might be a good way to top up my calorie count on days when I’m 100 or so short.

Hope everyone is having a good (and well!) weekend.

• posted by Granny
    on

Yes I love the stuff too redKB, I usually have a tablespoon when I feel like a little โ€˜luxuryโ€™ – it really does help satisfy any hunger pang and record it as 90kcals, 4.5g protein but only 1.8g carb ๐Ÿ‘. Great if itโ€™s within my 800 but I donโ€™t stress too much as long as Iโ€™m still under 900.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi there RKB! I too love my peanut butter and have a true just peanuts one. And YES . . . a savoured spoonful is soothing and filling when just a little something extra is required. ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Well thanks for the replies on the peanut butter ladies. Straight away after reading I went off and blitzed my bag of peanuts for what seemed like AGES but the spoonful of smooth and silky peanutty goodness was divine! Such a needed pick-me-up, it’s so great to have a little something indulgent.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Isnt it a GREAT feeling to have something really indulgent and is good for you at the same time? Yay indeed ๐Ÿ™‚ Yum yum!

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Good day, roadsters, one and all !
    This week Iโ€™ve done really well with the exercise and mostly with the water and food choices. Last W/e had some wine which slowed things up and was shocked to find weight up almost 2 kg on Wednesday. My body must have been wondering what on earth is going on. Anyway, decided to keep going on, with renewed determination to stick to bsd principles and keep up fluids . Thursday – system seeemed in overdrive, with copious visits to smallest room. (Was that a mini whoosh?) Long story short now 79.8 after a detour, so just a bit up from previous 79.1 low. I like the Number starting with a 7! Stomach feels squishier and less bulgy/ taut if u know what I mean. Skin feels clearer and lustrous. Clothes looser and Iโ€™m not spilling out of bras. I decided to take some strategic selfies of the major trouble spot – the belly. Canโ€™t call it an apron – thatโ€™s a flat image in my mind. More of a barrel tbh. But, itโ€™s a smaller barrel than my September one!
    Another NSV – feel very warm – does any one else feel like their internal central heating is ratcheted up?
    Well done to all roadsters for all โ€˜discardedโ€™ amounts or even if youโ€™re just hanging in there. Have a great week from magic bean x

Bean

• posted by MagicBean
    on

WoodDuckie,
    I like your posts on words and the way we put things to ourselves. Itโ€™s really resonated with me. Am currently reading a book on mindfulness which sets several exercise on noticing our inner feedback loops and that internal nag voice. The bookโ€™s advice is to notice the comments, words used and to rephrase / reframe .
    I notice myself thinking a lot about treats / rewards so will plan some non edible / non drinkable treats in too.
    Clarinet hope you get a good explanation on Monday.
    MB

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi all
    I have been a day tripper!!! so far in 2019, which has meant I am failing to be consistent and keep allowing myself indulgences!! I am
    back from my first holiday which was Budapest & damage limitation means I have spent 2019 so far going up and down 6lbs!! I am off again Feb 12th so have made myself a promise BSD for the next too weeks and I would love to break in to the 11โ€™s if at all possible, where I would be now if I had committed fully!!
    So here goes it is out there and I hope you guys will hold me to it!! Day 1 complete!!
    Special shout out to those who have buckled down the baggage and have committed to the whole trip, but to anyone else who has been only a day tripper we can can do this together with the support of our friends on here xx

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi MB! Yes yes yes! I certainly DO have my inner heating turned up more often than Id like . . . and it is COL time! I was hoping it was the furnace burning superflous/excess but doesnt seem so ๐Ÿ™‚ PLUS given its mid summer and we are experiencing heatwaves downunder . . . one can never be sure if it is me, the weather and humidity, or a burning fat fire raging!!! I can SO relate to the “flat apron” . . . ๐Ÿ™‚ hehehe! Mine seems to have a LARGE front pocket still stuffed with hand towels, teatowels and maybe an ovenmitt!!! – but knickers sizes says the dusting cloths have gone!!! But as Ive been told this is the last place to show receding . . . I add some pantyhose when going “out” and slim the overall line down a little that way ๐Ÿ™‚ It was a NICE surprise to dig out a favourite jacket yesterday . . . originally a cross over 4-button double breasted number . . . which I turned into a two button single “do-up” number . . . it was found I can revisit the 4 button version – with room to spare! WOW! That was an eyeopener and GREAT surprise . . . to actually SEE via one piece of clothing how far Ive advanced!
    Thank you also for the “terminology” feedback. No fancy names or rejigs for me but glad you’ve found your own oath to other similar references! From my perspective – (please remember we ALL see and hear things differently due to our “indoctrination” earlier in life!!! …) for me to address TREAT/REWARD . . . hmm very similar and yet different words and interesting pictures conjured up . . . but here goes . . . . in the context of this WoE . . . from my perspective. The MOST positive word is “TREAT”. A one off. Special. Something over and above our routine experiences . . . outside the box. I dont have to necessarily DO anything extra to receive or give myself a treat. I usually have to wait or it. (Like going to town at Christmas to see the store windows decorated . . .and I needed to wait for that special outing/treat!). I might just stick to the principles and maintain – (thats an achievement! So does that need reward or treat for acknowledgement?). To me, the resonance of REWARD is like when we have had good behaviour – REWARD can (invariably) – be FOOD! (I imagine a dog turning a cartwheel and receiving ACKNOWLEDGEMENT for his achievement with FOOD! Animals do everything for food!!! and yes I KNOW they are often given a food treat as a “hello we are home and youve been good cos there are no holes in the garden!!” but to continue . . . ๐Ÿ™‚ As we BS WoE’ers dont need to eat more or differently than we have CHOSEN to alter for our benefits – the REWARD in this case could well be “JUST” – (an excuse!!!) – a masquerading disguise, to have something we really are craving and so we will “JUST-ify” such as a reward to GET something we are actually wanting – (rather than NEEDING!!!) – possibly now AVOIDING – in our quest for good/better heath and say we deserve it. Reward for effort. I see and hear TREAT as reward for achievement. The “ld just once like . . ” or “one more time wont hurt . . .” or “I wonder . . .” scenario – again! To ACKNOWLEDGE an achievement or result with a TREAT doesnt sound so devious or negative. Though I feel either word TREAT or REWARD could be a movie, a meal out, a weekend away, shopping for a new something . . . , the reward thingy smacks of instantaneous food! AND repeats are always coming . . . reward for TMaD, reward for more water, reward for low carbs, reward for fasting – reward for (whatever) – can be instantly delivered . . . from the fridge or pantry . . . all a little more likely to be INSTANTANEOUS! As opposed to offering ourselves a TREAT for such achievements . . .? hmmm well I think I might find myself going backwards and running out of NICE and “spoil me” things very fast. Shower time – again . . . someone just turned on the infernal internal furnace and – oh my – glad Ive drunk plenty of water thus far today . . . Hope others have an opinion cos Im no expert!!!!! Just love words and helping where and if I can xxx

• posted by TaytoP
    on

Hello all,
    Just wanting to report in for my 4 weeks. 1.5kg loss this week so my total so far is 6kg. More than half way to my Step 1 goal of 11kg. I am sticking religiously to 16:8 (no food before 12pm) and I think this is helping even when I eat a bit more than I should at some meals.
    I have really developed a taste for soda water and am guzzling it at social events!
    Also I have mostly been eating salad each day – a big pile of various low calorie veges, some avocado, some fish or chicken or cheese, and some yoghurt based dressing. Pretty satisfying.
    I have had to tweak my food a bit to avoid constipation, but have added in a piece of fruit each day (apricots or kiwi fruit seem good).
    Our Aussie heatwave has eased off, at least where I am, and the relief is fantastic. It’s easier to have the energy for exercise.
    Have a great week everyone!

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Good morning Roadtrippers
    I’m pleased to say that this weekend’s wedding hasn’t derailed things too much and I’m still just in the 11s.

That makes my total so far 9lbs since 1Jan, and I lost 3.5lbs the week before that, making 12.5lbs off in total.

It’s slower than many here, but I’m pleased. I would like to lose a similar amount and then get below 11 stones. I’ve not been excessively hungry, although I need to work harder at varying my food (because boredom will send me off the rails), and I’m still not sleeping well. I’m just about into th next size down pair of work trousers (I have a selection in a sliding scale of sizes!).

Good luck to anyone else who’s weighing in – and let’s have a great week.

Kerry

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hello All. End of week 3 weigh in this morning. Scales showing “nul points”. Which before reading all the wise counsel here would previously have seriously depressed me. But; there’s the tape measure! What a wonderful invention. “Waist” (it’s still not a clearly defined area) has reduced by 4 1/2 inches in the 3 weeks. I tried on a size 16 skirt (wrap round, two poppers on the inside waistband and a buckle on the other). Last week there was a chasm between the poppers. This morning the second popper easily reached the first of the opposite one – and no breathing in! So that is very encouraging. I have to avoid wine pitfall. I would not go as far as this site giving “public accountability”, but there is in my mind a sense of not wanting to let the side down, when everyone posting here has their own challenges and “temptations”. I know at the same time that any slips (and I’m sure there will be some!) will meet with nothing but “forgiveness” and understanding. I also need to be a bit cleverer at times. For example, a little bit of olive oil in my large (beautiful copper backed) frying pan looks very mean, so easy to add another glug. But I do not need a big pan to soften 1/3 of an onion, a few cherry toms, and heat up some prawns. So note to self: just use a smaller one love. Good to see others’ “discards” /positive keeping on track! And on to this week!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Happy Monday, Roadsters!
    Have also succumbed to the light headed spaced feeling, chills and can’t get warm thing. I did dose myself up and managed to go to the panto yesterday but by the time I got to 3pm, I was flagging.
    Meanwhile, WoodDuckie – you really do love your words! My eyes are goggling and I will have to read that again! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    Well done, everyone – losses and Non Scale Victories (NSVs)! Who’d have thought I would be delighted to be sporting uneven tummy “apron” sides caused by gradual dissolving? ๐Ÿ™‚
    Onwards !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone
    I am not so active on Kazz’s thread as I am a bit overwhelmed by the traffic !! I am a wimp ! I do read all the posts and celebrate all the victories and send support to anyone who is struggling or feeling disappointed.

I just wanted to check if Clarinet Cathy hs reported back on her doctor’s visit.Hopefully various tets will be programmed to get to the bottom of her bewildering long -term stall

Thinking of you CC !

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I hear you re the traffic Wendleg, Iโ€™m finding it hard to keep up too ๐Ÿ™‚
    Cathy Iโ€™ve also been wondering how your tests went, I hope you get some answers x

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Went to see my GP night and explained to her about how Iโ€™ve been struggling to maintain my weight despite low carb, fasting and told her I had not felt great since about October last year. She has requested a range of blood tests which it will have done today at work and hopefully will have some answers before the weekend. I am going away to see my son in London next week. I have to admit that Iโ€™ve not given BSD 100% this week after seeing yet another weight increase last Friday. It really upset me. Anyway, letโ€™s see what happens this week. Thank you to everyone for your concern and as soon as I know anything I will be back, If everything is normal then that will be great news but I I have concerns that something definitely isnโ€™t right.

Keep on keeping on everyone and there are some fantastic losses being reported.

To my fellow slow losers – keep strong and keep going!

Cathy

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi CC! ๐Ÿ™‚ Please know you have many here sending you comfort and support through the uncertainty. Alays difficult cos the mind never rests ๐Ÿ™‚ While you say you havent given BS WoE 100% this week it sounded like you have previously . . . so as there have been others who have something which was (negative) to their efforts in the way of a hidden spice or ingredient . . . may I suggest we be the scrutineers on your behalf . . .(not to disbelieve you!) – and ask you give us an idea of what you have been eating for us to maybe see something you may have overlooked . . . only this week I discovered THE HUMBLE ONION – a 100g ONION – the basic of so many of my stirfrys . . . has a whopping 10g of carb! And the leek! 1/2 a cup chopped raw – not much better at 6.5. Thats the onion claiming HALF my daily quota!!! AND I thought Id been SO NITPICKY PERFECT about MY choices . . . but there was that ONE slip ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope this idea gives you some courage and comfort my friend ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning from florida all,
    Okay, Woodduckie, I have to bring this up again about counting carbs. On Myfitnesspal, when I bring up the 1/2 cup bidalia onion I get 7 carbs and 1 fiber. Doesnโ€™t that mean 7-1=6 net carbs is how I count that for my carb intake? When you guys say you are consuming 20 grams of carbs, do you mean net of fiber? I just need to confirm this again. I believe so eone told me th UK food labels show net carbs. In the US we see all the carbs and all the fiber on labels.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone – I was home at the weekend and got weighed – lost 2lb – so I’m now back at the weight I was on Christmas eve so I’m happy with that. I’m now away again and no scales. I’m cooking for myself and an older relative who has very firm ideas about what should be eaten but I’m holding steady!
    Cathy – what a difficult time – I’ll be thinking of you this week. xx
    Denise Susan – I like the ‘day tripper’ idea, well not like, but I feel a bit like that too, atm. I’ve lost but I know I could do better. I’m going to follow your lead and focus this week!
    Violinist – yes, what you say is my understanding of how the fibre thing works in the 2 countries – I’m in the UK and I have 20-25g carbs per day. I use http://www.fatsecret.co.uk/ to calculate my carbs. How much fibre I’ve had is on a separate line. It’s like that on the labels on foodstuff in the supermarket. I’ve wondered in the past if the 2 systems could cause confusion (mine) if I’m looking at recipes from different countries. I’ll be interested to hear about MyFitnessPal
    Kerryp – nice weight loss and great about the trousers
    TaytoP – 6kg and half way to goal is brilliant – you must be pretty pleased.
    sixturkeys – I stalled for 2 weeks around week 3 – it’s really frustrating – but what a great idea to measure yourself – I didn’t think to do that but I will from now on.
    KazzUK – hope your feeling better
    I can’t get on here as much at the moment and might have missed some of your posts, but I hope everyone goes well this week.
    Jennie

Please log in or register to post a reply.