Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi KerryP 🙂 With a heatwave or several days still raging, to pass some inside cool time, I was randomly reading re ketosis today. I too have had bouts of trouble sleeping and thought mine was from another issue where my sleep pattern was ruptured for 43 days!!! . . . but seems sleeplessness and short bouts of sleep is a side bonus to being in ketosis! I suggest not lying there trying to go back to sleep . . . but get up and do something completely diverse . . . take a shower, do some ironing, the dusting, some laundry . . . read a book . . . write some letters . . . a diary maybe . . .? and see if we cant “trick” our bodies into saying well darn that Id rather be sleeping 🙂 It might just work!!! Just a suggestion which I myself have adopted in the past.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Kerryp one thing that helps me when I can’t sleep is listening to an app called Relax and Sleep well (free version). I just plug my headphones into my phone and listen and I’m almost always asleep before the end.
    Cathy – well done on your loss and for getting back into the groove 🙂
    Well done to Granny and all the other ‘losers’ this week too 🙂 I’ll next be weighing on Wednesday and hoping for a loss. A sneaky weigh in yesterday showed a 400g loss for this week so far, so should be able to lose more by then.
    I’m finding the hot weather really challenging – 41 deg centigrade is too hot to do anything other than sit in the air conditioning! I used the time today to clean out my fridge and plan next week’s meals. Going to do some cooking tomorrow as it’s only going to be 29 or so.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi WoodDuckie!
    Thank you – I might give those a go.
    I tend to find I’m ‘lightly under’ and restless rather than fully with it, but there are times I could definitely read a book.

K

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi SueBlue
    Thanks for the suggestions and well done on your weight loss too!
    We’re not suffering from a heatwave in the UK! We’ve had a frosty start this morning!
    Best wishes from t’other side of the planet!

K

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi SueBlue . . . Sounds like you are somewhere near me with 41oC today and higher earlier this week! Im in NSW south of Sydney about 1 hour 🙂

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello Roadsters! Happy Friday and well done on all the losses! Really pleased for you all!
    CCathy – so glad I was of some assistance. I shall definitely check out the walking at home podcast.
    My mind has been elsewhere this week and have followed bsd but not weighed or measured. I’m in the process of a 24 hour fast which will end with dinner tonight, like you CC, trying to pull things back a little. Stayed the same on the scales as of this morning.
    Kerry, WoodDuckie – I’ve just heard on the news that your heatwave has broken the all time record of a night time temp of no less than 35.9C! Good grief, you must both be so uncomfortable. Please take care and soak your feet in a bowl of cold sudsey water, that helped me last year in our “heatwave” of 33C! I slept in the lounge for 6 weeks with the patio doors wide open, blinds closed and a baseball bat at my side just in case! Was able to sleep though! 🙂
    Catch you all later, fellow travellers! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by RogueOne
    on

Hi All,
    I’ve completed week 3 and I’ve got to say it’s definitely been harder this week to lose weight. There were a few days when the scales were static even though I was doing nothing different to the previous weeks!
    A re-evaluation of what I was doing was needed as I couldn’t eat less! Since I already miss out breakfast, I thought I would work out in a fasted state and see what happened. I’ve been to the gym for most of this week and have done cardiovascular and resistance work. I’m pleased to say it’s paying off for me: weight loss from start is 3.8kg and waist reduction is 2 inches.
    0.3kg to go and I will be in the 50’s kg – my first mini goal. One more inch to go and then my waist to height ratio will be 0.5 – my second mini goal. A side effect of all my gym work is that my blood pressure has gone down! It wasn’t high to begin with but now I’m getting readings of 110-115 mmHg. All in all I’m pleased overall, but this week has been such hard work! The healthy eating was the easy part😂

• posted by Granny
    on

Well done rouge one 👏, good on you for finding an alternative approach when it would have been so easy to just do nothing different – we’ll earned loss and inches! X

• posted by chunkyd
    on

Hi All.
    Week 2 update – I have put on 0.2 of 1lb which is next to nothing but disappointing nonetheless (6lb loss in first week). However I did have a blip on Tuesday and Wednesday. A friend bought me a nice bottle of Red last Sunday as a thank-you for cooking him a breakfast after a 10KM fun run near my house, and after a trying couple of days I succumbed to it on Tuesday and Wednesday evening. Other than that I stuck with the plan. Here’s hoping for a loss next Friday!

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Chunkyd I feel your disappointment but don’t despair you’ve got one whole week to make a difference. I turned things round this week and so can you. A 6lb loss in your first week was awesome so you’re well on your way to a fantastic weight loss. That 0.2 lb gain might not even be there tomorrow. I have found that once a week weigh ins work for me so I do t keep seeing the scales going up and down. Have a great week and keep focused on BSD and you’ll be reporting a loss next Friday for sure!

• posted by RogueOne
    on

Ahh thank you Granny. I can honestly say that food has never tasted so good after you have been starving!
    Have a great weekend and hope the scales are kind when you next weigh yourself x

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Hiya roadsters
    Weighed this am and am down a smidge at 79.1 kg. Measurements down a few cms too from navel, natural waist and under boobs. Really happy to see a different start number to the weight. 🙂I feel a lot lighter and less bloated which is also a good feeling. Yesterday I confess I had a few red wines with a friend and really enjoyed them. Nor did I have quite as much water as usual . So I’ve probably slowed things up for myself for tues weigh in.still I’ve only self to blame. On the plus side, I did the hiit work out 3 times this week and am continuing to keep steps at around 15000.

Clarinet – very well done on your discipline, motivation and determination and your results. Rogue one congrats on getting into the 50s. Granny well done too !in fact well done to all of you roadsters who are firmly on the bsd wagon.

• posted by Granny
    on

Glad you enjoyed your wines magicbean and any loss us a good loss, sure the scales will show just rewards next week, have a great weekend x

• posted by chunkyd
    on

Clarinet – thanks for the comment and encouragement! When I did the BSD 2 years ago I didn’t waiver once, so I am annoyed with myself, but onwards and upwards! Also last time I only weighed once a week and these past 2 weeks I have weighed everyday. I think I will revert to weekly weigh-ins as you suggest. Best of luck to you this week!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

chunkyd – I’m a great believer in ignoring the 0. … anything side of my scales.

I do know what you mean though as this is my second time around, too. Like you, when I first did BSD I ploughed straight through ’til I’d lost all my weight and my type II was in remission etc. This time it’s definitely been different – the weight loss is more up and down – which makes me a little exasperated with myself. For me, it’s definitely partly finding the right motivation. But also, this week I’ve been looking at what I was eating when I started last time around – basically more fish, less meat, more salads (it was the summer), less veg. Anyway, I’ve decided to go back to more what I was eating then, and like you and SunnyB, now I’m only weighing once a week.
    Onwards and upwards.

MagicBean – isn’t it a great feeling when your weight goes into a lower number like that. One of the nice things for me this time is my husband is doing a BSD-ish diet with me – he’s doing lots better than me! – and he’s just gone into another stone down. He’s delighted. It’s great that you’re losing cms as well, and I do admire you for doing the hiit – I walk and exercise but I find the idea of hiit a little scary.

RogueOne – that’s great going in the gym and with the mini-goals and BP. Fingers crossed you reach the 50gs very soon. By the way, I also got stuck weight-wise in week 3 first time round, I remember looking it up and it seemed quite common.

Hope things are going well for everyone else.

Kazzee – hope it was a good ‘mind being elsewhere’ – thanks for the thread.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone. xx

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Personally feeling good and no cravings. However fed up now of trying to justify to my sister and niece my diet choices. Who despite being seriously overweight and T2 think that carbs with every meal is the way to go as that is what the doctor and nhs dietician has told them. I know I can’t force them to listen so giving up. Sorry just needed to vent !

• posted by RogueOne
    on

MagicBean – not quite there yet – another 100g to go! Your 3 times a week of hiit is most impressive. I was watching Twinstitute Hiit vs Easy on iPlayer and the twins doing hiit won. They ended up with a lower resting heart rate and increased VO2 max. They also lost body fat and gained muscle. What hiit do you do? I like to run, so my hiit consists of sprinting followed by walking.

Jennie10 – I hope your ‘summer diet’ yields the same results as first time round. It’s so positive that your type 2 is in remission. How fantastic, well done. If you ever need motivation I suppose it’s thinking of that and the fact that you are taking control of your health🙂
    If “there’s a will there’s a way” is a very valid saying, all the best for the next week.

• posted by TaytoP
    on

Hello everyone, I am still enjoying reading how everyone is going. Today is my 3 week checkin. I have lost 4.5 kg all up. Which is pretty good considering I am eating a bit more than 800 calories (maybe 1000). But even more impressive is my BSL continues to drop gradually day by day. I am Type 2 diabetic and when I started I had a morning BSL of 10.9. It’s continuing to drop steadily and is at 5.1 today.
    I am wondering at what point to get a full blood test, especially for the Hb1AC and also cholesterol. Is it best to wait 10-12 weeks?

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi TaytoP – yes, as the hba1c is a measure of your average blood glucose level over the last 3 months, personally I’d wait the full 3 months doing BSD before your next hba1c – but your blood sugar readings are brilliant! You must be thrilled. Great weight loss, too.

Cleverblonde73 – you’ve got my sympathy. I’m in a similar situation with my brother & the carbs with every meal advice. It’s distressing. Like you say, there’s a limit to what you can do other than take care of yourself and hope at some point they’ll switch to giving this a go.

RogueOne – thanks and you’re right. While I need to lose weight and can still improve on things health wise, at the heart of things I am so grateful to MM and others for where I am right now.

Roll on tomorrow and a lovely new week.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Clever! I know that feeling and after 6 months of doing my best to advise – (not necessarily CHANGE!) – two other people in my life who are constantly sharing their . . . “Ive got nothing that fits me” . . . “wish I could lose a little . . .” – “If only I could just get a bit of weight off . . .” – “Ive out on SO MUCH WEIGHT!” comments and definitely COULD benefit from changing just few small things. I have already replied with . .”well I told you what might help . . . just look at me!” etc, etc.. Ive also reflected on their reaction to those replies – and they change the subject also . . . That says a lot! They either arent ready or arent prepared to change . . . or just assume its difficult. Well self discipline isnt EASY but it snt difficult. Sad as it is to not have those we love and care about on the same wave length, we must take care of ourselves with the knowledge we have. MM shared his knowledge and look how many have reaped the benefits!!! If we KNOW we have made an effort to share and assist . . . then thats all we can do. Something about leading horses t water comes to mind 🙂 Well done thus far and every success in your personal endeavours. Im off for HbA1c this week then 1- days on follow-up appointment with endocrinologist. Do hope my endeavours are to his satisfaction again. Heaven knows Ive done my best . . . save for the exercising . . . that gets to be an issue for me . . . but thats another story. 🙂

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi TaytoP! Yes!!! Definitely wait the full 12 weeks for that HbA1c test. It is a 90 day window into BGL’s. (our blood takes 90 days t replenish itself . . . so . . . I would say if no-one is pushing you, then leave it a bit longer and you might well see an even greater reduction – (ie: the first say days or week when body was adjusting to BSD differences, and sloughing off the BG heavier cells, they will be gone! so the average will be less 🙂 (Just my opinion and figuring . . . so invite you to make your own decisions as to when you get it done 🙂 Im having mine done tmrw in case there is a hold up with pathology results due to a longweekend holiday . . . then lunch with a friend – and anticipating the results until I visit the endo first week of Feb. SO hoping I dont have to go back – (although he is rather dishy!!!) – and I can put this past distressing 12 months behind me for good!!!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

WoodDuckie – hope things go well with your hba1c.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you so much Jennie! I have been diligent and dedicated . . . I just hope my body has responded to its nurturing 🙂

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hello all. I start week 3 with a public confession that both red wine (on Thursday) and G&T (yesterday) have passed my lips. Thursday was “bad day in the office” and yesterday was after spending all day writing a rather complicated report. So in each case a “relaxation” fix – I must try harder! I have been good on food front. Anyway, a 2lb loss on the scales, but a discarded bra extender and bra now on tightest setting but feels very loose round the back. Maybe my fat loss will start from the top and work its way down…. Best wishes to you all for the next week!

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Morning everyone,
    Lovely to see positive results. WoodDuckie/Jennie10 thanks for sharing your frustrations also with the unenlightened! I am starting a new week focussing on myself and with a 2lb loss at weigh in this morning feeling very happy I am on the right track.

• posted by Rose88
    on

Hello TaytoP, just randomly reading posts … got so much catching up to do.
    Thats a great weightloss in just 3 weeks!! Equally amazing BSL …Are you taking any diabetic meds or controlling your levels with just this WOE?
    I cant remember the last time my BSL levels were in the 5’s … thats what I want to aim for too.

I’m in the UK and up until this month the DN always said to have the HbA1c blood test every 12 weeks, they wont even consider doing it before then, not at our surgery anyway. Last week I went to book a blood test as it was due and I thought its good timing as I’ve just started this WOE too, so I can do a comparison in a few months time. I was shocked that our surgery is only doing HbA1c blood tests every 6 months now!!
    Probably best contact your surgery to see when your next blood test is due.

• posted by Granny
    on

As I’ve never had this before and it was delicious I thought I would share it with everyone. Slice top and bottom of a pink grapefruit (so it will lay flat) then slice in half horizontally. Use a sharp knife to loosen between each segment. Spoon 1/2 tsp brown sugar or drizzle of honey over the top and place under a hot grill for 5-6 mins. Remove and top with tbsp of Greek yog and sprinkle nuts/seeds on top. I know the grapefruit is quite ‘carby’ but definately worth doing as an occasional treat.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, Roadsters!
    Apologies for missing in action the last few days….. after 3 appointments, my obsolete boiler is now working again as the spare part was still available and I have heat, hot water and shower after a week without! Particularly challenging when you have psoriasis and need to shower every day. Still, am back on track and already lost a 1lb. Had a sneaky look just now. I’ve been very anxious thinking I’d have to have a new boiler. Anyway, back to normal now!
    Anyone in th UK battling with snow? I’m in the Midlands so other than cold and sleet, have got away with it so far. How’s the heatwave down under? Any signs of it cooling? The US is under a right dumping of the white stuff but thankfully Allie still has power.
    Well yesterday was blue Monday and now that is behind us! Am just marching forward with my eyes on spring!
    Have a good day, everyone, keep on trucking!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by kaz62
    on

Morning Kazzee I ‘m in Hertfordshire- nothing here yet either although v cold so glad your boiler is fixed we also have a boiler that is threatened every year but keeps on going!!😀I’m posting a 2lb loss this week would have been more but had a bad day with my balance yesterday (think it’s menopausal happens now and again ) so had to come home from work and laid on the sofa making bad choices until it settled😩Better today so back on plan and hopefully a couple of easy pounds to lose and claim next week😂well done everyone 🎉🎉

• posted by Rose88
    on

Good morning on this very chilly morning, snow is forecast here today, hopefully wont be enough for it to settle.
    Kazzee so glad your boilers sorted, ours broke down last winter and l remember how frustrating that was.

So… I’m back to square one again!! I’ve put on the weight I’d lost in the 1st week. Last week on 4 days I had to attend unplanned social events, these lasted most of the day and my meal timings and some food choices just went out of the window.
    In week 1 I noticed my inflammation was getting better but last week because I’d eaten the wrong foods again I noticed a definite increase in inflammation 🙁
    If there’s snow and ice wherever you are stay warm and safe.

• posted by Granny
    on

Kazz welcome back we’ve missed you! So glad you’re sorted now with your boiler especially as it’s forecast even colder today and tomorrow, I’m in Merseyside and we’ve just had very heavy sleet.
    Kazz 62 brilliant Lisa well done 👏. Rose 88 these things happen to all of us so put it behind you now and use your strength to focus on the positives.
    Always good to get rid of a bra extender six turkeys!
    How lovely to see the sunset times getting longer each evening, it’s like our weight losses it may be only small each day but soon adds up 😘. Onwards and downwards everyone,

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi everyone, I am planning to be back after having been missing in action for a little while as well. – I have been reading the new posts on the forum every day, but was busy over the festive season with work and then had a period of not being in the right head space to reply. – I have been going through the process of trying to deal with emotions without my usual self comforting routine of shutting out the world for a period by curling up under a blanket with the dog beside me and either binge watching TV or reading combined with a carb fest. –

I have been quite frustrated by a number of mansplaining experiences recently. Without shutting myself away for a few hours with carbs after each one so I don’t feel as stressed, its been harder to respond. Its taken days of playing over and over in my head what I would like to say in private so that the steam isn’t coming out of my ears and I feel balanced again.

I think its a stage I need to go through in my journey, to build into my life alternatives to comfort eating, as well as working out some standard phrases / scripts that I can fall back on in the future. – It me it is plain rude to start a conversation off by telling someone they are wrong to have decided on X rather than Y. The polite option is to assume they had made their decision for a reason, and to explore how much background knowledge they have and why they reached that decision before putting forward your suggestions for an alternative.
    —————

Hi Kazz, its snowing here. Its my birthday and I had decided to take some time for myself. I was planning to spend part of today treating myself to a trip to the gym and a wander around the shops in town. Its been snowing steadily for a couple of hours so will drop that idea.

• posted by Redkidneybean_mama
    on

Hello everyone,
    Newbie here, I have been following this thread and you are all so positive I would love to join you. I have been following the 800diet for 2 weeks now and lost about 4.5kgs but it seems to be slowing down for no foreseeable reason even though I’m following the plan. I have already done this diet about 3 years ago with a lot of success and now this time round I need it to work well again – I have about 30kgs to lose in total which is masses!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello JGwen! Im reading and feeling your frustrations and have a idea which I have fund to be very helpful. I KNOW there are time when we need to shut our mouths . . . it isnt feasible, possible nor appropriate to retaliate or respond and sometimes we just simply dont have the words at our disposal to deliver – masking whatever fear may be driving it. So thats when I head for my keyboard!!! I WRITE it all down in a word doc . . . dont re-read it . . . and then delete it! It EXPRESSES ALL we need to offload and hurts no one. BUT it sure eases the stress we are feeling. Just a thought which may help and it cant hurt to give to a go 🙂 Thoughts are with you xxx

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi RedKidneyBeanMama

We’re all in the same boat to varying degrees.
    Good luck with losing weight and improving your health!

K

on

Thank you Kerryp 🙂
    It’s so helpful to be reminded of that particularly at times when the going gets tough!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Kaz62 – well done on a 2 lb loss! Glad we’ve been spared so far but I know it’s only a matter of time!
    Granny = thank you for missing me! 🙂
    Rose – don’t worry – dealing with unplanned things is just as important and all part of the learning curve. Main thing is to get back on track as soon as possible. I just focus on how good I feel regardless of my size and reducing inflammation is a big thing for me too.
    JGwen – happy birthday. Well, sounds like a box set and a real fire plus the dog to me! I had to look that word up! I agree, it is rude. I like WoodDuckie’s suggestion of typing it all out! You could even pound the keyboard – but not enough to damage it!
    Hi Redkidneybean-mama – welcome, welcome! Just shout out if you need to know anything. We’re all at different stages in our journey. That sounds like you are well on track – it’s quite common to experience a slow down as you approach week 3 – it’s just your body adjusting.
    Enjoy the rest of your day, morning, evening!
    Kxx

on

Thanks so much kazzuk, yeah I’m definitely in a slow mode at the moment but not sure odnitnhas anything to with my time of the month coming up…

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a wonderful thread the “road trip” is turning out to be! Thank you, Kazz 🙂 I see we have another kaz as well.
    Welcome, and best to you!

JGwen, I simply had to stop by and wish you a wonderful birthday! It must look entirely different to you from
    Jan. 22, 2018 🙂 I remember when you first joined us last year, and you’re now in a completely different place,
    having discarded in the vicinity of 100lbs. We are so completely overjoyed to celebrate your successes with you,
    and to see what your next year will bring. I see you riding in competition looming large on the horizon..How
    exciting! Happy Happy Birthday!

Allie

• posted by RogueOne
    on

JGwen – A very Happy Birthday to you. I read what you wrote and I’m sorry your special day didn’t turn out as you had planned. When I want a non-food pick-me-up I think of perfume. Scent has such a powerful influence on mood and emotion. I have no idea if you like perfume as well or even if you live near London, but for me, one of the pleasures in life is spending hours in a perfume boutique. This is as far removed from the fragrance department of department store as you can get. One of my favourites in London is called Les Senteurs. This is perfume nirvana if you like niche fragrances. You can try any of their perfumes and they give free samples. It’s a wonderful place to learn about perfume as well.

Red kidneybean_mama – I’m a newbie as well! I struggled with my weight loss on week 3, so hang in there. For me, I increased the time spent in the gym, ate within a 6 hour interval and that did the trick. I’m on week 4 and the weight is going down daily, but I work very hard for each 100g loss! (I’m sure the diet alone yields results as a lot of people here are testament to that).

Ooh, a few snow flurries in my part of Surrey🙂

on

Hi Rogueone wow you do sound determined, good on you! I see what you mean about the eating window, mine is currently 10 hours-ish so I could bring it down to fewer gradually, see if that might help.
    Snow in Surrey sounds delightful! Hehe it is exciting and magical, probably not so magical for anyone doing a commute tomorrow!

• posted by RogueOne
    on

Alas, Redkidneybean_mama, the snow quickly turned to sleet/rain and that was the end of the promise of a magical winter wonderland (for now!) I suppose it is for the best when you have the practicalities of the school run and a rear wheel drive vehicle to consider 😄

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Happy birthday JGwen 🙂
    All this talk of snow is making me feel envious, it was 35 degrees here yesterday and more hot weather forecast for today. We have the Australia Day long weekend coming up this weekend and it’s going to be hot too. It makes it so difficult to do anything – all you can do is stay inside in front of the air conditioner!
    It’s the start of week 4 for me today on my BSD restart. I lost 750g (1.65lb) over the last week. Not a huge amount, but it all adds up !

on

Happy Birthday JGwen and really sorry to read that you’ve had a difficult time trying to deal with thoughtless comments from people. You’re such an inspiration to us all and it sounds to me as if you handled the difficult situation perfectly by biting your tongue.

Enjoy a birthday cuddle with your lovely dog and know that you have a lot of friends here to support you. Have as much time as you need to get yourself in the right frame of mind and see you back here when you’re balanced and ready to join us for the next lap.

on

Did a silly thing this morning and got on the scales as a I felt slimmer! Alas i’d put on weight! Serves me right for peeping! Official weigh in will remain on Friday. Not even telling you what I weighed! It wasn’t good reading, Note to self- once a week weigh ins ONLY!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Jgwen, a big happy birthday to you!!
    Verano, so glad you are home!
    Nice going everyone here!!!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Your post made me chuckle Cathy, I weighed myself this morning which was ok as it’s weigh in day BUT I also weighed myself 2 days ago and I weighed less then! I was so pleased and expected to see an even lower weight this morning, especially as I did an20 hour fast yesterday, but no, the scales had gone the other way! If I hadn’t have had the sneaky weigh in on Monday I wouldn’t have known and would have been happy with the result this morning (it was a loss still, just not as much).

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Sueblue! Believe I have asked before of your whereabouts and seem to have left the door open on my mind sometime since and such info has escaped! Im about 1.5 hour south of inner Sydney – and semi rural. Yes indeed – one could be forgiven for believing these heatwave conditions we are experiencing over the majority of the continent would see us all melting like butter but seems it isnt so! My air-con has been getting quite a workout – day – and night! (something I dont remember having done before!!). I joined a friend for lunch yesterday at a wonderful old pub – one which is an institution in the district. Due to a dreadful flood some 2-3 years go, its had necessary restoration to much of it – with a new bistro/restaurant now back in full swing and n enticing menu. Knowing from past experience how *even a LITTLE of the c’s can, within a few hours, tilt my well-being from calm cool collected to a craving pacing anxious unsettled almost dislocated marionette! there seemed very little too fit my WoE. *I settled for a beautiful fresh garden salad base with grilled chicken breast on top. A bottle of Perrier water satisfied the thirst as we shared chat on the new tree-canopy covered deck. With our meal finished, it seemed to be getting hotter and we moved across the street to airconditioned coffee cafe. That too seemed to very quickly lose its pleasure. We decided to call it quits after 4+ hours of non stop chat returning to our cars to find it was 37oC at 4.15pm. (Really 3.15 EDST.) This was 10oc LESS than same day last week! Consistent late 30’s early 40’s drains ones system, and I am not envious of those craving the sun. I for one will willingly trade you some coolness PLEASE!!! we have at least had SOME rail where I live, but to imagine what the poor souls living with drought are enuring at this time . . . some places not having had rain in 5 years is just unimaginable. Blood tests being taken Friday as I complete the second 3 month stint of BS WoE. Appointment with endo 2nd week February and Im doing my best to shift a few more centimetres from my girth but seems to no avail. Oh well I KNOW I did my best. And that will need to be accepted by the doc 🙂 Congrats to ALL for their individual decisions, achievements and determination both outside and inside the work, personal life and weight fronts. You all inspire and inform me in so many ways 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi Wood Duckie, sorry I forgot I hadn’t answered you. I live in Sydney’s south western suburbs. I grew up in England, came here as a teenager, and have just never got used to the heat of summer here!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

🙂 SO . . . with THAT location . . . it would seem like we are almost neighbours and when it cools somewhat could find a mutually acceptable and of equi-distance travel to share our journey in person! Thoughts? . . .

Please log in or register to post a reply.