Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TaytoP
    on

Hi Rose88, I am not fully vegetarian but mostly so pre the BSD, so I have been making some vegetarian meals. I don’t keep my carbs as low as some people, in fact I don’t count them, but I stick to the foods which are in the recipes.
    Some successful meals:
    – mexican chilli beans, made with onion, celery, capsicum, jalapenos, tinned tomato, pumpkins, spices and tinned kidney beans. I served it with a dollop of greek yoghurt.
    – chick pea and vege curry. Made with a curry paste, stock and coconut milk, with chick peas, green beans, onion, zucchini, carrots
    – roast vege salad with hallouni. I roasted some beetroot, onion, eggplant, capsicum, carrots. Mixed with fresh green leaves, fresh tomato, herbs, and pieces of fried halloumi. Roast cauliflower also makes an amazing salad.
    – salad bowl – I have been enjoying salads with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, snow peas, plenty of avocado, and dressed with either vinaigrette or a creamy dressing made from mayo and yoghurt. I often add tuna but you could add nuts or cubes of feta cheese instead.
    – scrambled tofu – crumbled up tofu fried up with mushrooms, spring onions, whatever else you fancy, and some spices (eg curry spices)

• posted by TaytoP
    on

Also I need to check in with my 2 week weigh in. i have lost 3.5 kg so far and am very happy with that. Well done to everyone else who has lost some weight whether a large or small amount.

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Hi everyone, been an interesting first week for me. Have been sticking to plan and also managing 10K+ steps per day, mainly through lunchtime walks and dancing with my active 4 year old! weight has been up and down all week, not helped by a few issues with constipation (sorry if TMI!) all seems settled now though and I have ended 3lbs down and an inch off my tummy.
    I have found things fairly easy on the hunger/craving front, maybe because I have done this before and never really gone back to the full on carb fest I used to have, so its not such a shock the system.
    Looking forward to week 2 and heres hoping for further losses.
    Have a great week everybody

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

Hey all
    Thought I’d pop in with week one results. So, I lost 1.4lbs which I’m happy with on the higher calorie count mandated by my surgeons. I’ve upped the activity, walking to the village when I would normally drive. I also started aqua again.
    Met my friend for lunch on Saturday. She’s 8 months post wls and we found a lovely patisserie where we both had gorgeous omelettes. It’s definitely easier to eat out these days as more and more people start following this woe!

Loving my turmeric tea of an evening and have to say the carb cravings are under control now I allow myself a treat at the weekend with a slice of high protein toast with half a smashed avocado. I have this before aqua and it’s working a treat! I keep it in the freezer and so it genuinely doesn’t tempt me in the week!

Determined to get to a healthy BMI before surgery. It’s now down to 25.4 so this road trip is getting me there!

Off to Florence for a short break two weeks before surgery. That’s gonna be a challenge but hopefully be able to stick to Mediterranean style. All tips gratefully received!

Well done all of you on your perseverance.
    L x

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Rose88, I just thought of another BSD-friendly vegetarian meal, Thai Red Curry with tofu and veggies. So easy to make with Thai curry paste, coconut milk,
    Tofu and veggies. My meat eating husband loves this 🙂
    Also if you search ‘vegetarian’ in the search bar you’ll get a list of relevant posts with meal ideas.

• posted by Rose88
    on

Thank you for the inspiring veggie ideas, some of the meals hadn’t crossed my mind before.
    I’ve got IBS and IBD and diabetes so I think I was over complicating food … Im going to keep it simple and hope this works for me too.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Roadsters!
    Bit late joining you all today.
    Rose88 – check out http://www.dietdoctor.com for some fantastic recipes. You don’t have to join either. Great veggie recipes and recipes for people on a budget. Its an excellent site for low carb and keto.
    Well done to all with Monday losses – we’ve got quite a convoy on this road!
    Woodduckie – glad to hear your skin and eyes are lovely and clear!
    Catch you all later!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Ceri13
    on

Well I’m sorry I’m late joining you all but I’ve made a positive start today. Felt ok none of the previous worries when I was on the 5:2 but I think that might be psychological. Less than 800 today so far which is also good. Have at least a stone to loose so long road but it’s starts with the first step? Hope so. Thank you for all your emails I’ve enjoyed reading them and will continue to follow as we march towards Easter. Thanks again.

• posted by kaz62
    on

hello everyone some wonderful losses already on this thread🎉🎉I am posting my week 2 loss of 4 1/2 lb – 7 lb in total since starting on 1st jan. I’ve been much more focussed this week and feel much better – touch of carb flu earlier in week 2 but the increased energy and brain clarity has now kicked in – I forgot how good it feels on this WOL once the carb curtain lifts. 😃wishing continued success to us all

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Morning roadsters one and all ! Weighed in this morning – 79.6 kg. On Saturday ( 5 days in) I was 80.5. Previously 81 on other scales when away…. Can’t help but feel a bit ‘meh’. I was expecting a greater loss – not massive just a bit more -particularly as I’ve had an upset stomach for last 2 days. (Sorry if tmi) I also tried Omad yesterday as a tweak to create a longer fasting window. 900 g in all . Or 1.4 if counting the other scales result too. Not a lot.
    However, definitely need to get my head on a positive track ( trying to stop thoughts of youll never do this& similar) and I know too I shouldn’t compare with others’ losses. It’s true too that I didn’t put this weight on in a hurry so maybe it’s unreasonable to expect weight to shift so rapidly. ( but I do in my heart of hearts)
    Will measure later as I had noticed less bloat and a few cms here and there down. Today I will drink more than 2 litres of water.
    Btw thanks for the advice re courgetti – making them worked a treat – think I overcooked them though .
    I did the hiit for the first time yesterday too and quite enjoyed it tho it was intense. Today th3 knees are making their presence felt. Onwards hopefully downwards – slightly despondent bean😞

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Official first 7 days loss is 4.5 pounds, but since TOTM has arrived and always adds a little water I am happy with that. Now to keep that progress going for another week. Badminton tonight and tomorrow night so should burn a lot more fat doing that on 800 calories. Trying out a new protein shake tonight for my pre-/post exercise nutrition, so will see how that goes.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi Magicbean
    I felt a bit like that, but I’m staying with it because the alternative is just getting heavier – and I’m trying to head in the opposite direction!
    I do think when you’re ill, your body does funny things which affect your weight – can be in either direction, so you’ll have a better idea when things settle down.
    And thanks to Granny and others who gave me some encouragement this week, the score on the scales is already starting to sneak downwards again.
    What a lovely thread this is! Thanks Kazzee for taking us on your trip!
    Kerry

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Just popping on to say thanks to SueBlue for the links to the article on MM’s new Fast 800 book and website.

SueBlue,
    I’ve not posted the last few days as I’ve been caring for a relative and so have been a bit pushed for time. Thanks for the links – it’s interesting that he’s widened his focus to include time restricted eating. Like a lot of people on here I generally do 2 meals a day (lunch and dinner). I also don’t eat after 7pm – just something I learnt helps over the years.
    I’m tempted by the book because I do like the way he draws the latest research together and then presents it in an easily readable way but I’ve also just been looking at his UK tour details and I’m now tempted by that …. oh, no! I’m supposed to be saving money!

So, I’ve lost 3lb this week so happy with that. I might not get on here as much as I’d like for a few days so hope everyone goes well this week.

Kerry – I agree, the alternative to being here is to just keep getting heavier – as long as we keep turning up it’ll happen – and it is lovely to see all the support on here.

• posted by Jordana
    on

Thanks Kerryp – “but I’m staying with it because the alternative is just getting heavier” – that’ll keep me going today. I weigh tomorrow and am wanting (obviously 🙂 ) a loss. However small. I had a fall this week (not cripplingly severe! Poor Verano) and haven’t been able to be as active as I’d like.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Afternoon gang!
    Some more excellent results coming through! Wonderful, wonderful, give yourselves a clap! A happy dance, a cartwheel! 🙂
    MagicBean – don’t be despondent, you’re going in the right direction. 🙂 If you’d like us to take a look at your foods and drinks over the week, let us know and we may be able to help. Were you a big refined carb eater beforehand? I was and so have had to dip well below 50g/day to get results other than a smidgen lost each week. I carry the majority of my weight around my middle, indicating insulin resistant. You can also email me if you prefer… kazzlchf@yahoo.com 🙂
    I’m aiming for OMAD today… probably be in bed by 7.30pm! 🙂 Just kidding…. I think… Someone brought in Reese’s mini Easter eggs today and left one on my desk…. Grrrrrr! I gave it away!
    Kerry – 🙂 I’m just pleased people want to travel with me!
    KOKO!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Still struggling to get into the groove! Am probably being good 80% of the time. I don’t know what is wrong with me. I know I’ll be grumpy when I get weighed on Friday when the scales have gone up so I need to get myself back in the driving seat. I seem to have really lost my mojo! Have bought the fast 800 book and have started reading it. I don’t know where I am at the moment weight wise as my last weigh in was Friday and I was 140.8 and I fear that I’ve probably put more on since my weigh in due to eating ridiculous things like Medjool dates! I have plucked up courage to make a doctors appointment on 28th January to address the sweating issue and am going to ask the doctor to perform a battery of blood tests. If I can, I am going to fast all day tomorrow and all day Thursday with just a light evening meal and try the one meal a day approach. I’ll give myself a great big kick up the backside tomorrow morning and hopefully be able to report a tiny loss or even the dreaded word “maintain” (a throw back to my WW and SW days) on Friday!

Well done to everyone who is losing and keep going all those of us who are struggling a little but still not giving up.

Slightly despondent bean- when you reach your goal you will be like a Mexican jumping bean with excitement.

on

Jennie10, thanks for the heads up on MM tour. I’ve just booked and going all on my todd. Brave new world!
    Saving money can wait for next month 🤣
    L x

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi CC! Easy words to say but please dont lose heart 🙂 You have helped me on so many occasions you may not even be aware of so here goes my attempt at holding your hand 🙂 Maybe you are concentrating too hard and the extra focus is bringing frustration and disappointment when you feel you are doing everything right and nothing changes the end result . . . May I suggest looking again at the foods you make available to yourself . . . perhaps its a change there thats needed rather than plodding the same old track. New Year, new ideas, new choices, new palate and plate might give you the little positive that is required to hurdle the stile or circumvent the roadblock Im sensing you have come to 🙂 . . . check MM’s food list again, and select/write down ALL the things you like. Only choose from these and take the challenge of presenting them differently . . . rather than mentally saying oh well I can eat these or those . . . and not . . .” . . .” whatever you might want at the time. Have the special treats available. (I have miniature choc blocks – 85% cocoa quite bitter yes but when I need a treat or just to lash out . . .:) – I have a piece of one of those. Rarely do I eat a whole one. I also have a packet of Pork Krackle pieces on hand! SO GOOD to have the dry crunch with some dip – minimal carb ones can be found . . . and feel like there IS something “others have” that Im having too!!!!! Ive only yesterday purchased three packs of edible seeds. Just to change things up a step and give variety because I can get bored with what I have available to eat! And because I live alone . . . its me who does the shopping and chooses it!!!! And sometimes variety seems to be a missing piece of the puzzle!!! Some new ideas Ive come up with are chilli prawns with coconut and snowpeas . . . ., the bag of kale salad mix which is so handy for accompanying the hot Atlantic salmon portion, a grilled then diced steak – beef, pork, lamb – or one of my mini quiches. I remember an email from many years ago which depicted and said if you are chasing the butterfly it will elude you . . . sit still (figuratively speaking!) – and it will land on your shoulder . . . Love yourself enough to forgive and yourself and just take one day at a time . . . one hour if necessary 🙂 Hugs and we are here for you 🙂

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Forgot to add . . . I too am fed up with the sweating . . . even though it is summer it seems unnecessary at the times it happens!!! Will await your docs report/ideas . . . and will share mine when Ive seen my doc.

• posted by Jordana
    on

Keep going ClarinetCathy. The darkest hour is before the dawn. It’s a good idea to get yourself checked out.
    Last month I got myself checked out because every morning I am so lethargic and my heart beats so fast when I do anything slightly exciting. Blood tests – all clear. Hurray! But what is wrong with me?
    WoodDuckie I love your posts!
    Reporting a 1lb loss this week which I’m really pleased with – not quite on target but a loss is a loss.
    Keep going everyone x

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you so much for your compliment Jordana! Sometimes I feel like I expand a little too much but then . . . I was always told I talk way too much . . . When I FEEL someone’s else struggle I do my bet to put a different slant on things. We all need reassuring and Ive had some wonderful people here give me calming influences when I thought the whole train or wagon would derail at any minute!!!!! Id like to think Im sharing my angst and joy with someone in need of a hand to hold. This forum has arms all around the globe – enveloping ANYONE who needs a hug 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy sorry to hear you are struggling to get into the groove. Today it is 2 years since I first started BSD, and it’s 2 years since we both ‘met’ in the January 2017 starter group. You’ve done so well since then and have come so far – I was just reading your profile where you mention being 3 stone overweight st the start. Please be kind to yourself and cut yourself some slack 🙂 blood tests sound like a good idea. In the meantime hang in there and keep on keeping on.
    I know very well how hard it is to keep going when weight loss is so slow. I’ve lost a grand total of 180g in 2 weeks! That’s not even 1/2 a pound… I’m waiting for the whoosh fairy to make an appearance – the sooner the better!

• posted by RedRooster
    on

Hi All, end of week two and the results are in. Lost 4.5lb in Wk 2, which takes the two week total to 10.5lbs (I actually measure in Kg and it’s 4.9kg in two weeks). Bloods slightly improving too, this took longer last time than the weight

I’ve had a few nights where I’ve struggled to sleep but might be because I’ve been having too much caffeine in the day, I’m now only drinking coffee in the morning to see if that helps.

Keep going everyone

• posted by KazzUK
    on

CCathy – I do SO know where you are coming from. Don’t weigh this Friday. Just concentrate on getting your head back in the zone, watch some podcasts on Youtube. That always works for me, get’s me fired up again. Have a look at some LCHF recipes. I echo WoodDuckie – sometimes we get bored eating the same old things. Try some new recipes! Give yourself permission to ignore the scales this week and that gives you a good go at rectifying anything you may feel you need to by getting back to it today. You’re probably being way too hard on yourself! 🙂 Let’s see what the scales say next Friday, 25th! Okay? 🙂
    RedRooster, way to go, excellent result!
    SueBlue – congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! 🙂 Praying for a whoosh for you! (and myself!)
    Jordanna – well done on the loss!
    You’re all grand!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Have no fear, I am not going to bore you with my daily meals going forward. But, on the habit changing side of all this. Just had lunch (I am on lunch and supper, can do without breakfast). Half beef tomato, sliced, cooked in oven with mixed herbs and a bit of virgin olive oil (and salt!), topped for last few minutes with two slices of cheese (starts with L and rhymes with Hammer) and ate with mixed leaves salad and two slices ham. Cheese was as per packet 140 cals and ham 72. Would a bit of crusty bread to mop up lovely juices have been nice? Maybe. But I am lucky enough to own one of those obscure implements called “a spoon”. So no missing out on deliciousness! Here’s to next week.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Well done, RedRooster – great result.

I share your pain on the sleep thing.

Can anyone who’s more experienced at this let me know if the poor sleep situation has improved for them?

Kerry

on

Thank you for the lovely supportive comments and encouraging words. Today I am behaving myself so far. Have just eaten at 3pm a yoghurt and some chia seeds and raspberries and a few pecans. Was trying one meal a day for today and tomorrow just to get back on track but I brought my meal forward to 3pm!

At work at lunchtime today I only had a glass of water and the girls were laughing at me! I told them I was fasting until my evening meal and they were horrified! My two year BSD journey has been the source of a great deal of hilarity at work, comments about my low carb BSD lunches etc. One of the comments that resonated with me at lunchtime today was the comment that “Cathy has got such willpower”. Another comment was “you’ve been dieting for two years, does that mean you’ll have to diet forever”. My answer was yes, If I don’t want to put the weight back on which is what happens to most people when they finish their diet. The support on here as well as the ridicule from some of my work colleagues has made me feel even more determined to Get back to goal. THANK YOU everyone, let’s prove that we are strong and we can do this. NO EXCUSES.

I’d have given in long ago had I not had the support from this forum to keep plodding. Losing weight isnt an easy journey so that’s why I think we are fortunate to be able to share the highs and lows with each other and encourage each other along the way,

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh yes, CC! Unfortunately this concept still isn’t mainstream yet, so we have to endure the remarks made by colleagues,
    friends and family. Like you, it would only serve to make me more determined.! Hold onto that thought…You know
    exactly how to do this 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy I love your determination! People can be so rude! I’m lucky I guess as my colleagues are supportive. Half of the office are on diets/healthy eating plans themselves, which makes it easier.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Clarinet Cathy – I am a complete newbie, but I’d like to see the “hilarity” in the office when you walk in in first warmer weather outfit looking FAB.

on

WoodDuckie, that’s great advice about picking your favourites.

The past few weeks I’ve been trying to have some “new” foods to mix it up a bit. I did it last year with avocado which I loathed but now love! So tastes can definitely change. But sometimes you just need food that you know you are going to enjoy. I didn’t enjoy my lunch today because it was just not what appealed at the time (smoked salmon, which I know is heaven for some!) Tomorrow, is strictly a comfort food day BSD style. Fage yoghurt with berries, hard boiled eggs with roasted vegetables, raw cashews as a snack, homemade turkey meatballs and stir fry for dinner. I’m already looking forward to it. Admittedly I have extra calories to play with as pre surgery but I know it’s better than crashing out completely!

Thank you roadsters for your inspiration. You are all stars and we are together on this trip!
    L xx

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Dear roadsters – thanks so much for supportive comments yesterday.
    Must say I spent quite a while feeling quite sulky ( how childish is that?) feeling ‘short changed’ . But, whilst out walking, I reflected that actually, I haven’t been doing this very long and there can be no sure fire guarantee of x amount lost in kg or lbs in a week or so; given everyone’s variables / body make up idiosyncrasies etc.
    As I mentioned I had a stomach upset which may or may not have impacted on weight loss.
    What I do know is, like Kerry and others, I’m heading in the right direction – downwards by whatever amount is not up; I feel less bloated and cms are down. ( even by a smidge) Clothes are fitting better.
    I’ve done well with the water – but maybe need to do more. Skin is looking good and is less bumpy on abdomen.
    I’ve consumed no wine since starting and I’m very proud of that. I’ve had no white bread or potatoes not that I eat much of either of those particularly potatoes . Foods eaten have been bsd .
    Again thanks for supportive comments . Onwards ! And downwards – maybe my gradient isn’t as steep !magic bean btw Clarinet C – the unsupportive ones can ‘bog off’ if I may say so well done on your extended fasting window !

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Ooh and to supplement walking, I’ve tried the hiit work out recommended by Denise Susan. Twice now
    It’s tough but will aim to do this x3 a week at least.

Extended fasting times seem to be a valuable tool and I will be reincorporating this into my plan for the week.
    Last week I had small breakfasts of Greek yoghurt and some blueberries ( don’t normally have b’fast)

Koko, dear roadsters and again, thanks for the supportive comments. Kazz , thanks for the offer. I will ride out this week and see how Friday’s or saturdays weigh in goes.
    Bean x

• posted by Jennie10
    on

ClarinetCathy – I’ve come to the forum intending to just have a quick read – I’m in the middle of caring duties – but I just wanted to say what complete idiots those colleagues of yours are. I feel really quite annoyed. Anyway, it made me think of the Theodore Roosevelt Man in the Arena quote

‘It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, …….but who does actually strive to do the deeds…..’

Hopefully your face is clean but you get the drift…. I agree with Kazzee’s suggestion that you give Friday’s weigh-in a miss.xx

Leeleecheechee – well, I think I might just get out my purse and book a single ticket for MMs tour, too!
    RedRooster – that’s a great weight loss and good news about your bloods – congratulations.
    MagicBean – wishing you well with your weigh-in.

Take care everyone

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

G’day from Downunder CC!! WTG YOU!!! And yes! use the smirkers mirth to gain strength through determination! We all KNOW it works . . they are just dismissive and share glee – at someone’s else’s expense . . . how childish, rude and disrespectful! I no longer refer to this as a “diet”. The word has such stigma and failure sound/ring to it – (from days gone by when “diets” were mainly fad or trend related!) This one is DIFFERENT!!! and I feel done injustice by using the word “diet”. I now ALWAYS use “eating programme” or “way of eating” and my new one . . .? my new cuisine!!!!! When Ive had dismissive people say to me “oh you dont eat that (or wont eat that) – my new reply there is . . .”I choose to eat or not eat!!!” Show them what youre made of . . .? you dont need to. You KNOW. And they will be silenced by your ultimate success. Because we know this works. And evidenced by many posters . . . is sustainable.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

G’day sixturkeys~!~ Birds of a Feather flock together! And I too would like to have a snapshot of their faces 🙂 Well worth the effort and wait! (Not weight!) Poor joke!!!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello there! Glad to hear you a little more upbeat and accepting of your abilities and successes thus far 🙂 Observing the subtle changes like skin and eyes tells us things are happening . . . and if they look better then internally things are/must be better for us – remembering the skin is the largest organ of our body. I think we all at some time or another say oh I wish I was 9 stone again like the day I got married . . . or in my thirties after children when things always seemed on a high . . . hemlines . . . heels . . . hair . . . BUT NOW is what really counts and accepting times change . . . age changes us . . . and our metabolisms . . . not to mention THAT VARYING from person to person . . . Rejoice with others with what they are achieving, displaying plus sharing for us to consider . . . reassuring us with growing confidence we can achieve the very best available for ourselves if we stay on track. It is a huge learning curve . . . something about grass on other side of the fence comes to mind – so be pleased with one’s own meadow without needing to climb fences!!! 🙂

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hi all,
    Just checking in. Have had a mare of a few days and I’m like a bear with a sore head! The diet itself is going well, am sticking to my 800 calories, having a couple of non-alcoholic beers to get the through dry January and make me feel like i’m letting loose lol! I have been on the diet since the 2nd Feb and have lost 8lb, but have been stuck at 8lbs loss since last weekend so am getting very sulky like a child and want to throw the scales out the window!!! I know that its my body changing shape and I can see it and my clothes are fitting better, i just want the scales to catch up you know!

To top it off I went swimming last night and I must have left my goggles in the changing room on Monday night so now have to buy a new pair… this resulted in a bad swim and also there was only 1 lane open which was a “medium” lane so all of us slow swimmers were there with the fast crawlers so it was a nightmare and not very satisfactory at all. Came home with a right mood on me last night – Even at 36 years old i’m surprised my parents did’t send me to my room haha!!

Still, today is a new day, have had my hard boiled eggs for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and now I am looking forward to getting through the afternoon to have lemon chicken and salad tonight with a treat of full fat yogurt for pudding. Just got to keep plodding on…. 30 days until holiday so just got to keep going and the evening dresses WILL fit…!!

Just got to keep going!!! Hope you are all doing ok!!

Rebecca xxx

• posted by Granny
    on

CC I agree with all that’s been said, there’s some weird people about that take delight in ridicule! – but don’t be put off we roadsters can do it 💪. We’re all here to support one another. Buffylover it will all turn out good – just take a deep breath. Looking forward to my chicken and lentil curry from the fast 800 book – certainly smells delish! X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Granny the chicken and lentil curry IS delicious! I made it earlier in the week.i had portions for freezing but my OH ate them, he loved it 🙂
    The korma curry is nice too. Recipe is for prawns but as I’m allergic to those I made 2 other versions, one with chicken and the other with chickpeas, for my veggie MIL who had stayed for dinner.
    She really enjoyed it, I’m enjoying cooking these new recipes 🙂

on

Hello trippers – have been on a water only fast for the last 21.5 hours. Yesterday I stuck to BSD and did a long fast so am back on track! Having a couple of hard boiled eggs and some roasted cauliflower for my evening meal. I know it sounds weird but that is what my body is telling me to eat. I’ve just checked and am now at long last in ketosis and so am not going to be putting any sugar into my body as at long last I am burning fat?

I went on YouTube last night as recommended by Kazz to inspire me and it has worked! I also checked out some walking at home workouts which I am going to restart. A great way to work out at home and not difficult but a great way to work up a sweat and tone up. I was surprised how enjoyable it was when i did it last last year and I had forgotten about them. Check out Leslie Sansone walk at home on YouTube.

Thanks everyone for supporting me. I’ve kicked myself up the backside and actually enjoyed fasting today as it has reminded me that I am taking control!

KOKOODAAT- keep on keeping on, one day at a time. Keep on chipping away everyone.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi CC! I love to listen to Dr Bikman’s podcasts about his insulin research (perfect for driving) — I use them to get my head “back in the game” if I find myself thinking that I can slack off. They always get me back on track!
    I highly recommend making use of all the podcasts out there! They are invaluable.

• posted by Granny
    on

Sue blue it was delicious! Same happened here my 2 grandchildren had the portions I was meant to freeze😆. Will try the Korma one too 👍. Well done CC for taking control, will have to remind myself of that if I have a dip. I’m intrigued about being in ‘ketosis’ – going to google it now. Good luck to everyone if you’re weighing tomorrow 👍

• posted by VictoriaM
    on

Hi everyone,

I’ve got some good news, Today I weighed myself, 2 weeks after my slightly belated start on the road trip and I have lost 6 lbs. More importantly, I am in Ketosis and my Blood sugars are in the normal range (I am type 2 diabetic).

I wish all the people who say the low carb is depriving yourself could see what I had for lunch. I had avacado with crayfish and sour cream starter, then my husband and I shared a cote de beouf and he had all the chips and I had all the salad, I had a glass of red wine. I know that I went over 800 calories, but it was a special occasion.

Needless to say I didn’t feel in the least deprived. And when I came home 2 hours later my blood sugar was 4.2!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done Victoria, what fantastic results! and just think, this is only the beginning 🙂

• posted by Jennie10
    on

VictoriaM – Well done from me too , 6lbs is a great result and getting your blood sugars back in the normal range is fantastic. Your lunch sounds delicious.
    BuffyLover – just keep focused on that holiday – it’ll be lovely and you’ll look and feel great – hmm, I think I need to find something to work towards, I’ll have to ponder that one.
    Californiagirl – another vote for Dr Bikman here. He’s definitely worth listening to.
    ClarinetCathy – I’m going to check out the Leslie Sansone walk at home on YouTube – thanks for the tip.

on

Morning everyone – I’m back with the losers! 1.2 lb off! That is due to the two x 22 hour fasts I did to try and pull things back after a half hearted effort! I’m back on track and going to behave myself this week. Will be walking at home via YouTube this week and looking at new recipe ideas but I am definitely back in this race and planning another 1.5 loss for the week!

Have a great weekend everyone. Make sensible choices and know that this way of eating works when you stick to the rules!

• posted by Granny
    on

Well done cc! You should be a motivational speaker – you’re right back into it. Happy to report that I’m also with the losers, 1.2kg this week so a total of 3.3 since 1 jan yaaaay. Looked up the walk at home video looks great, definately doable – so that’s my weekend exercise sorted. Good luck everyone xx

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Well done on some good losses this morning – Granny and CC!
    I’ve had a funny few days. I was going great guns earlier in the week (apart from poor sleep), but have had a tummy bug. Thankfully, it was very short-lived, but I couldn’t face the usual foods yesterday and lived on crackers and plain biscuits – not BSD obvs. Anyway, I’m 90% normal today and keen to get back to it. I’m not sure how it’ll affect my Monday weigh in, but hey ho.
    Have a great day Roadsters!
    K.

• posted by Syd
    on

End of 2nd week weigh-in and a 2lb loss this week. Although smaller than I’d like it means I’ve lost the 1/2 stone I put back on at the end of my BSD last year so happy with that. Scales have also gone down into the next stone and I always find that a motivator. My daughter has just booked an appointment to go Mother of the Bride shopping with me on 30 March so I’ve set myself a mini target of getting another stone and a half off in the next 10 weeks! My son also reported a 2lb loss this week giving him 8lbs off in 2 weeks so he’s pleased. Just checked out the Leslie Sansone walking video on YouTube…… i think I’ll give that a try this week – thanks ClarinetCathy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.