Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Some great advice there California girl, I love the idea of strategies and am going to practice this myself.
    I restarted on 2 Jan but have had a disrupted week, with a bereavement (elderly uncle) and funeral arrangements, hosting a wake and having family members from interstate staying. Calorie counting went out the window, but I tried to stick to on plan foods where I could.
    I bought MM’s new book late last week and am just reading it now. I’m going to go back strictly on plan on Monday and am looking forward to trying some of the new recipes that are in the book. Hope everyone is having a good weekend 🙂

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Thanks Californiagirl – I need strategies like that. I’m fine while I’m on the wagon, but if I fall off it’s usually BIG and I find it hard to get back on.
    I’ve often used food to squash uncomfortable emotions and I need to face and accept them.

K

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Morning all!
    Hope everyone is feeling ok today. So I weighed this morning and have come in at 8lbs down in 10 days, I have also done my measurements and I have lost 1cm on my arms, 5cm round my boobs, 1cm under my boobs, 3cm from my waist, 5cm from my “top roll” and 2cm from my “bottom roll” plus 2cm from my thighs….
    I’m so so pleased as it shows my body is changing as well as the number on the scales. I’m feeling really good on the diet at the moment…. focusing on the feeling good and trying not to miss the bottle of fizz too much!

I’m off food shopping this morning, have got the menu planned for the week so all excited…
    Have also got a new puzzle to start to help me concentrate to get through that time of the day where usually my Saturday jobs are done and the glass of something cold and white comes out to play.

Does anyone else have any distraction techniques they use to break the time of day habit?

Hope you all have a great Saturday peeps!

Rebecca xxx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Rebecca,, firstly congratulations on your loss so far, that’s a great result for 10’” days 🙂
    As for distraction, I bought some adult colouring in books, pencils and markers. I find colouring in relaxing and distracting. I’ve also enrolled in an online course and plan to do that a few evenings per week.
    I also like to do crossword puzzles, and also logic games and games on my phone or computer.
    On Friday and Saturday nights, when I used to enjoy a glass (or 3!) of wine, I have soda or mineral water in a glass with ice cubes and slices of lemon or lime.

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Morning roadsters!
    Have just weighed after 5 days in- 80.5 kg. That puts me 0.5 kg down from last weight when I was away on different scales. Doesn’t sound much but a) it’s a baseline and b) I’m only 5 days in.
    When I was doing 5/2 well and not cheating too much I was 76 at best. Ideally I’d like to get below 70 – a weight I haven’t seen for at least ten years. If I get that far then I’d aim for 65 and see what that looks/ feels like. ( I sound unbelieving/ as if it’s unlikely – it seems a long way off ) I’m 168 cms or 5ft 6 so am in definitely in overweight category if not obese. Who would have thought I was slim until my thirties?
    I definitely feel much less bloated, clothes are fitting better and strategic measurements are down slightly. Biggest girth is around the belly button and that’s currently a shocking 100. ( it was 104 ). It might be tmi, but there’s less of me spilling out of bras too. And if that’s not too grim an image, on a positive note I’ve noticed skin on abdomen seems to have cleared up – it’s wasn’t ‘acned’ just pimply / bumpy particularly around waist .
    Have a good day, fellow roadsters. Over the weekend I’m going to mull over the previous week and pinpoint what’s gone well and how I can build on this next week. Catch you all later.

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Buffy, that’s a great set of results you must be pleased. I like the idea of colouring – I like those mindfulness colouring books you can get. Will dig mine out next week I think. I also like the idea of trying other fruits in water as a treat.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi All
    Hope everyone is good this morning.
    Californiagirl – I really like the idea of having strategies and also practicing saying things out loud so it’s automatic. I’m going to use that.
    kerryp – yes, me too with food and uncomfortable emotions. Nowadays, I go for a walk (weather permitting) and try to work through what’s going on. I always feel physically good about myself after I’ve been on a walk and less ‘churned up’ so feel less like using food when I get home. I’m the same when I fall off the bandwagon, too. But as long as we keep going we’ll get there.
    BuffyLover – what a great weight loss and measurement loss. Well done that woman. You’ve also reminded me I need to get organised for next week. I don’t know if it counts as a distraction technique, but I’ll take myself upstairs out of the way, light a ‘smelly’ candle (a new thing for me), and watch something nice on iplayer or Netflix. If it’s a reasonable time I’ll go out for a walk, like I say I never feel like eating after a walk – and it gets my steps up!
    MagicBean – one of the best things for me about the BSD – and there’s many – is the effect on my skin. It’s better than it has been for years.

I started late so am not weighing myself until next week but hope weigh-ins go well for everyone over the next few days.

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Denise Susan please could you tell me more about your hiit program and the active ten program ? I walk loads – have been clocking at least 15 000 daily but am looking to boost my fitness in other ways. Well done everyone on their losses . Mix nMatch your achievement is simply awesome – hats off to you. Just wow!

• posted by Lolly88
    on

More great posts since my last log on 🙂

Everyone is doing so well and I am glad to be sharing this journey with you all.

The strategies sound really good and a good idea to practise outloud. It would be strange for me to not have wine with a meal out so don’t think my mouth would say no that easily!

My little report in is that I have lost 8 pound in 5 days so a little over half a stone. Very pleased. I highly doubt this will be replicated next week, but it’s a marathon not a sprint!

Have a good rest of the day everyone 🙂

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Some INCREDIBLE weight losses this week. WELL DONE and here’s to another good week. Very very inspiring!

To those of us who are clinging on to the wagon with our finger nails or to those who have fallen off and are desperately trying to get back on again we can have another go this week. The road trip has only just begun and some of us are having difficulty getting out of first gear. Some of us started in reverse gear but foot down, head up and here’s to getting into gear this week for the journey ahead. Get your maps ready everyone….we’re off again and still on this trip. The finish post is a long way off yet ………..

• posted by Granny
    on

‘Hear hear’ lolly and cc – amazing losses and stories and I just love reading all the hints and tips. I’m back on the straight and narrow and as somebody has said it’s a marathon not a sprint 💪. Just had brunch with turkey sausages – altho it meant I could have 2 instead of my usual 1, I think I prefer my usual beef sausage. Have a good BSD weekend everyone 👏

• posted by Avila
    on

I was supposed to be flagging down the bus to get going with you last Monday once home from relatives, but depression effects mean not got myself sorted in the kitchen – and just random no prep (read very processed junk) food. Going to take the weekend to get myself organised for Mon 14th. I know this works, know I can do it, just need to get focused enough – looking through freezer and cupboards to plan meals, especially lay prep whilst still low.

I have read the new book and it has more flexibility than the BSD so small amounts of pasta and bread might placate those cravings. Interested in the thoughts of others who have read the new Fast 800 book.

Avila
    Weigh in 107 kg (creeping to 17 st) ‘waist’ 120 cm (42 in) and I am 5ft 10

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi there! Yes I have stalling/distraction therapies as well! Ironing . . . playing on my comp with cardgames with friends . . . chatting while playing and as it is a take a turn game . . . one cannot go get FOOD or snacks during the games!!! . . . reading a GOOD book! . . . takes the mind away to other places . . . crosswords and trivia puzzles . . . watering the garden . . . mending and altering waists and lengths of clothes which no longer fit 🙂 – rearranging the linen press and wardrobes . . . changing bedlinen . . . jigsaws – (is that the puzzle mentioned . . .?) – making my cards . . . knitting and crocheting . . . all time-consuming tasks which require both hands . . . not in or near the kitchen . . . and therefore can stretch a fast just a little longer . . . Now back in my own bed after having been in many holiday beds over past weeks . . . these past couple of days have seen uncustomary sleepins which makes it easier for a brunch . . . and BOTH DAYS . . . Ive not had dinner! Today’s afternoon snack was some olive dip with bacon krisps as scoops! and an extra coffee . . . and Im not hungry (12.45am!) – so this is heading for another – 15-16 hour fast. To one and all . . . all the best for 2019 and any ideas are good ideas 🙂 Could well be something we havent already thought of doing 🙂

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Oh, WoodDuckie – that’s funny, if I was feeling tempted that ironing would have me running straight to the fridge or cupboard door – aaahhh! I do love getting lost in a good book, though, and what a great list.

Hi Avila,
    I also had a delayed start to 2019 – didn’t start until a few days ago and I’m still trying to get back into the routine of food planning, shopping, weighing and measuring etc. As you say, we just need that focus – but we can do it. I’m on with my food planning right now!
    Interesting what you say about the new book. I’d welcome anyone else’s thoughts, too. I’ve been debating whether to buy it – I’m essentially a bit tight and don’t know if I want to buy the same book twice – but I am curious about any new info/approaches.
    Good luck with your Monday start. I’ll look out for how you go.

Lolly88 – that’s a great loss. Woohoo!
    Granny – I agree with you on the turkey sausages – tried them – not for me.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hello all. A question from a newbie. Am on day 6 of 800 (or slightly under) and feeling fine, but have a really salty taste in my mouth. Am not adding loads of salt to food which is all freshly prepared, and drinking lots more water than I used to, plus usual black coffee a gogo, and the “plumbing” is working (very) well. It’s very odd…Any thoughts?

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Jennie10, I bought the book a few days ago and am in the process of reading it. The same day I bought it, there was a post on the Facebook group I’m a member on with a link to this summary of the book, and a comment that you could read this summary instead of buying the book, as the books main points are summarised. Too late for me as I’d already parted with my $26!
    Here is the link
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6566909/Fast-800-Diet-cutting-time-spend-eating-day-turbo-charge-weight-loss.html?fbclid=IwAR2tPPO3TNSR1CHEaHdlhcUEPIPmgMywM40cW7Gv-4qbOa1kup1jixG2qNk

There are also some of the recipes on MMS new website, and some interesting articles and insights too;:
    https://thefast800.com/articles-and-recipes/

The main differences I’ve picked up so far between the 2 books are:
    – The recipes in the new book are more straightforward, and there is flexibility (there is a list of substitute ingredients, you don’t count calories for veggies or salad on the side, only the dressings).
    – you can eat bread, pasta and rice! It’s small quantities and wholemeal pasta, brown rice and dark rye or whole grain sour dough bread.
    – in the.menu plans at the back of the book there are 2 versions, a 3 meal a day 800 calories and a 2 meal a day 800 calories.
    – There is more of a focus on Tine Restricted Eatibg (TRE), but that is described in the Daily Mail article.
    – you can stay on 800 calories per day for a few months, doesn’t have to be restricted to 8 weeks.
    – there is flexibility as to the method you can choose (as with the original book), either Fast 800 every day, or a 5:2 approach with 800 calories on 2 days per week and no calorie counting on 5 days, but eat Mediterranean foods.
    – recipes include some vegan and vegetarian meals.

I’m not sorry I bought the book, I love cooking so am excited to have more recipes! Also I do enjoy reading about all the research and science behind the diet, but if you are on a budget then no need to rush out and buy it. You can get a lot of info on the website and in the Daily Mail article 🙂

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Roadsters!
    Gosh, some outstanding results! 😁👍👍👍👍. Just fabulous!
    Thanks for posting that link SueBlue.
    Sixturkeys, I don’t know what that salty taste in your mouth could be, hopefully our more experienced BSDers will be along to assist. I’m wondering if it’s something to do with ketosis but as I’ve not experienced that myself, I’d never assume anything.
    Talking of skin, I have psoriasis and I also had terrible acne rosacea from around 48-53 years. The rosacea has never come back since eating low carb and as long as I stick to this way, my psoriasis hugely improves too. A stressful job/life stuff doesn’t help though with psoriasis. I’m still trying to work out why it flares when it does but it’s mostly much much improved.
    Some great strategies! Looking after and painting my nails and a bit of grooming is my latest thing!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by TaytoP
    on

Hello everyone, congratulations on all the hard work and great results happening. Everyone here is very supportive and I am grateful for that. I like what was said about this being long journey (the 16 weeks) and a day or two of messing up is a blip in the bigger picture.

I am up to 2 weeks tomorrow, so will check weight then, but I can report some other changes already:
    – my morning blood sugar is now in the 6’s each day instead of 9 or 10 when I first started. My long term aim is to of course get it into non diabetic range however this is a great start as I am not doing damage to myself at that level.
    – I have lots more energy and don’t have an afternoon slump where I need to either does up on caffeine or sleep. I feel energetic for much longer in the day
    – My gym pants did not roll down constantly over my big round tummy today – because my tummy is not as big and round. Yay! I can go back to wearing gym tights.
    My biggest problem is constipation due to so much less food going through, and also no grains. What do others do to keep on top of this? i am drinking plenty of water.

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi Magicbean
    Sorry for the delay in reply, the past few days have been maniac!! Here is a link to MM’s HITT I was talking about https://youtu.be/dBiJp6vg638
    I use an IntervalTimer app where I have set up different rest times between the exercises 40, 30, & 20. The timer basically works like a stopwatch with a bell to tell you start and stop.
    The Active 10 is an app that encourages you to walk fast for 30 minutes a day instead of 10,000 steps as on the same program it was suggested that 30 fast minutes are more long term sustainable than 10,000 steps
    Hopefully that helps will try to find the walking bit and post that.
    Dx

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi Taylorp
    Sounds like great progress so far!
    I’m weighing in for the second time tomorrow too so fingers crossed for us both.
    I’ve found similar problems- because of having no grains. I’ve found that sprinkling a spoonful of ground flax seed on my natural yogurt in the morning sorts things out. It’s quite high in calories though so you use it with some judgement.
    Good luck for tomorrow!
    K

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi sixturkeys, I know that one effect of going low carb is that the body retains far less salt so it may be the taste you are experiencing is the expelling of some previously retained salt. I didn’t experience it myself.
    Taylorp, I second the flax seed suggestion and also chia seed and kiwi fruit helped me a lot. Above all if you are not experiencing discomfort just don’t worry, you are just eating a lot less rubbish, so things naturally slow down..

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Thanks for the links Denise Susan I’ll check them out. Today I’ll be working out meal plans and what the tweak of the week will be. Does anyone have a good bsd friendly recipe for turkey meatballs? Also how do u make courgette without a spiraliser? Many thanks for suggestions

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Thanks sue blue for the link to Dr M’s new book- some of those recipes sound great.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It is hard to do proper courgetti without a spiraliser, but you can get a similar effect by thinly slicing it and then ‘julienneing’ the strips into long matchsticks. No recipes for Turkey meatballs I am afraid, but I would probably go for a vegetable based sauce like Bolognese.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Mixnmatch -thank you – the taste is much less today. Tho paradoxically, I wonder whether I am getting enough salt; funny occasional cramp in the palm of left hand and sole of right foot..??? It’s only been a week but I’m just amazed at how easy it seems to be. I had a lovely filing supper last night, oven baked aubergine/onion/tinned toms/mixed herbs, chicken thigh. Which “pre BSD” I would have accompanied with a whole bag of microwave white rice and a bottle of Pinot. Early days but I certainly don’t feel hard done by. I’d also like to say that it is so inspiring to see posts from those who have been there, done that, got the T shirt, and still fit into it. It’s very good of them to give their time to encouraging others and showing it can be done!

• posted by Beattie66
    on

Well after much failure and a virus I am inspired to start properly tomorrow. Not managed to stick to 800 as soooo hungry and the need to snack has been great so succumbed to the quorn sausage roll. I did so well last time so will revisit my reasons for doing this and tomorrow is another day. Thank you for your motivation and tips x

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi MagicBean. You can make courgetti using a potato peeler. Just peel down the length of the vegetable and turn slightly for the next down stroke. This method gives wide ribbons. If you want them thinner then slice each piece to the required width. I’ve been using this method for years.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Needing to add salt to meals is one of the mental adjustments we all have to make, along with embracing full fat (even some saturated fats are not the devil they have always been labelled apparently) and drinking more fluids. If you are experiencing cramps then this may be a salt deficiency or some other mineral so try adding salt to meals or maybe take a couple of mineral supplement tablets and see if that helps. I think iodine is the other deficiency that is quite common, although fairly recently recognised as a potential problem..

on

TaytoP
    I had to go to see a colorectal Surgeon last year, (won’t go into too much detail) he reckoned the low carb BSD which I started in January 2017 had taken its toll and had caused haemorrhoids. He advised me to take Fybogel twice a day. It is sugar free and helps with constipation. He said that lack of fibre causes the poo to be thinner and therefore we have to squeeze harder to get it out and therefore that can cause problems. Sorry! It is quite a pleasant drink and cheaper to buy on Amazon than the local pharmacy so I will be getting mine from amazon in future. I always drink a lot of water which is imperative but even so got into difficulties with constipation. Might be worth a try. I am going to use it regularly on doctors orders but I suggest you discuss this with your doctor as I do not know your medical history and you might need to check if it is safe to use.

• posted by Lolly88
    on

I second the peeler method with courgette. I do this with my butternut squash as I’m a fan of squash noodles but I can’t always get them and they are expensive 🙂

My little change next week is using ‘Just Dance’ on my Step Daughter’s new Nintendo Switch each evening 🙂 going to step up the exercise slightly. I do it at the weekends with them and it is like a workout!

Lolly x

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Kazz! See you mention your skin and I must say many compliments have come way on how clear mine (and eyes) – are . . ( I was always fortunate with clean clear skin but seems this has gone up a notch 🙂 ) However . . . my torso has no marks BUT . . . can get TERRIBLY itchy . . . usually early am and wakes me with the need to scratch. Ive got some antihstamines which quell the discomfort but wondering . . . does anyone else have this or have they experienced it? Im wondering . . . is this from eating richer foods . . .? (I seem to remember my nan used to speak of rich blood). Also shortly after eating . . . I seem to get very hot and perspire. Doesnt matter what the food! It is more severe than any hot flushes I may have ever experienced . . . and with no ovaries left . . . dont believe it is (estrogen) hormone related. Would love any opinions . . . though these occurrences are on my list for the endocrinologist 🙂

on

WoodDuckie
    Very interested to read your post. Last year I went to see my GP on several occasions for an insatiable itch. My legs and my tummy. I woke up every morning really itchy. I triesmoisturisers and antihistamines to all no avail. I asked if she would refer me to a dermatologist but she said no because there was nothing to see. It happens occasionally now still. Never thought it might be the diet. Also, like you I am having incredible sweats not unlike hot flushes. I am post menopausal and have booked an appt to discuss having a blood test. I am going to ask for a whole range of blood tests and ideally would like to discuss my symptoms with an endocrinologist. Very, very interesting that you have similar symptoms. Anyone else noticed these symptoms.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Morning Roadtrippers

I’m feeling a bit disappointed this morning as I’ve lost only 1lb in my second week.
    I think my calories have crept up a little on a couple of days to about 1000, and I haven’t drunk enough water over the weekend. Apart from that, I’m a bit stumped. Carbs are usually in the 30-45 range.

My clothes feel looser, so that’s something. I need to stay motivated now.
    Kerry

• posted by TaytoP
    on

Hi Wood Duckie and CC,
    A couple of years ago I suffered terribly with itchy skin, however no rash or spots visible. I got it under control by stopping soap use and heavy moisturising. I read that it was a symptom of diabetes so I assumed it was diabetes related.
    Interestingly since starting BSD and IF the itchy skin has flared up. Not too aeful and I just increase the moisturizer. But it’s definitely a flare up of the same itch I had before. And my blood sugar levels are pretty good, definitely below what they had been pre diet, so it’s not high blood sugar. Weird.

• posted by Granny
    on

Ah don’t give up Kerry as someone said to me last week a loss is a loss and you’ll no doubt have the ‘whoosh’ on the next weigh in. You’re already benefitting from your looser clothes so your body is changing and adapting to this new way of eating. Believe me I know how you feel but keep on going it’s a marathon not a race and celebrate small steps x

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Clarinet!!! SO much of a comfort to read your post/reply. Thank you so much 🙂 Maybe there are others who will comment later 🙂

• posted by Rose88
    on

Wow! So many incredible weight losses…. well done everyone!
    I’ve lost 2 ½ lbs in my 1st week, which I’m pleased with as I’m on insulin and a very slow loser.
    I didn’t stick to the plan everyday as had inflammation issues going on but thats getting better now so just need to get my head around what to eat as I don’t eat meat, eggs or fish … but I do have dairy … any suggestions greatly appreciated.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hello All . End of first week; 5 1/2 lbs down (now bang on 13 stone) and 2 1/4 inches less round midriff (only bit I have measured so far). I know that this week has had novelty value so need to maintain positive attitude and not let go of the initial excitement, and self-discipline. Salty taste all gone! I got some magnesium/calcium supplements, just in case that helps with the odd cramp.
    Wishing all the best to you all for the next week!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thanks for your input T 🙂 I dont use soap . . . havent for many years . . . just the same soft liquid wash . . . and no moisturisers as I always feel like Im suffocating and hot – (summer or winter!!!) – when ve tried them. Even the same with sunblock! SO I dont go out in the sun without long sleeves and a hat!!! Guess we will see what comes of this. I do believe I read somewhere or was told . . . hormones juggle themselves to compensate . . . maybe thats whats happening as it is only two years since I had the tumour surrounding my remaining ovary removed. I know things can take time . . . and maybe with this new WOE six months on . . . with other body adjustments . . . this is the current result. The sweats are way way more than menopausal . . . or just dealing with the humidity of the Aussie summer – and more noticeable shortly after eating or my coffee – Im imagining perhaps burning fat is hotter than burning sugar 🙂

• posted by Rose88
    on

TaytoP For the constipation have you tried adding 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed to your food or drink? I find this helps keep me regular and when I don’t have it I soon know!

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Well done, Sixturkeys!

That’s a great start.

K

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Thanks, Granny.

I know you’re right. Just feels a bit rubbish.

K

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Kerry – I can sympathise as I’m a slow loser too, very slow in fact, last week I lost just 180 grams!
    Everybody and Every Body loses weight at different rates, we are all different. The trick is to stay on track and keep he end goal in sight. I’m a member of a Facebook 8 week BSD group and I noticed early last year there were lots of people losing weight at a much faster rate than me – but by the end of the year some of those same people were posting because they’d put the weight back on again! (some or all of it).
    Not saying this happens to everybody of course. It’s also important to measure as you’ll often lose inches rather than pounds. 10 years ago when I was going to Curves (women’s gym) I dropped 2 pant sizes, from an 18/20 down to a 14/16. On the scales id lost only 4kg.

Rose – I’m sure some of the vegetarians on here can help you out with food ideas. I cooked the coconut chicken and lentil curry from the new book and it was delicious. You could cook something like that but leave out the chicken of course and add extra veggies – mushroom, cauliflower and green beans would have gone well in it.
    Otherwise bean burgers? Falafel – the beetroot falafel in the original 8 week BSD book is lovely. Breakfast I guess you could have yoghurt, nuts and berries instead of eggs. I sometimes have hummus and veggie sticks for breakfast too – it’s really portable and easy 🙂

Cathy and Wood Duckie – I’ve been getting incredibly itchy feet lately – right in the middle of the soles of my feet, it’s worse at night. The only time I get hot flush type sensations is when I eat sugary food, so this isn’t an issue on BSD. It’s interesting the different effect foods can have on our bodies.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Thanks, SueBlue

I’m definitely staying with it. I feel great (although I need to plan some interesting food as boredom makes me wander), and I’ve slept amazingly the last two nights, after a fortnight of rubbish sleep – so good news.
    I must take some measurements, though. I’ll do that later.
    K 👍

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Thanks KerryP – I tracked back and see you had the same loss in week 1 so if you congratulate me you should do the same to yourself! And as others have said a loss is a loss: you have lost 6lbs in 2 weeks! Not to be sniffed at!

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi Sixturkeys
    I know you’re right. But, you know ……
    I haven’t lost my motivation; that’s the main thing.
    Thanks for the encouragement.
    K 👍

• posted by weightykaty
    on

Hi all, am finally starting this week and have been reading all the posts so far and seeing all your fabulous successes. I really struggle to lose weight as have low thyroid and am on Hrt. in fact I can’t think of a time when I lost any except when I gave up the wine for 3 months!!! I seem to sabotage any attempts I make to lose weight even though I really believe in the BSD and get this … am a nutrionist myself so should know how to do it!!! It’s definitely partly mental for me as i think subconsciously something tells me I can’t lose weight …no idea where that’s come from either . Have very little self esteem so that could be it possibly. Anyway on a positive , am starting today and really excited to be joining you all . Your posts are really really helpful to me . Am starting at just under 14 stone (am 5.9 high) and need to lose the weight around my middle for my hysterectomy which I have to have to get rid of 2 ginormous fibroids – should have a guaranteed weight loss that week!!!! Keep up the good work guys…

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Well done for keeping an open mind, Weightykaty.
    My thyroid is at the sluggish end of the normal range and I suspect that might influence things.

K

Please log in or register to post a reply.