Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Very interested to read that some of us are finding low carb is causing sleep problems, I honestly didn’t notice this when I started in 2017 but it most definitely is affecting my ability to get to sleep and like others I am waking up intermittently during the night. I don’t feel hungry so it’s not hunger but I just don’t felt tired when I go to bed! My energy levels are great.

Having a good BSD week so far. It’s been difficult after the Christmas break to get back to basics. Hoping to see a little weight loss on Friday morning. Don’t feel any lighter or thinner as yet! I have decided to try being a little kinder to myself. I am usually very self critical! I have plenty of time to lose the last 7 lbs as my aim is to be at goal by 1st April and so I am going to try a more gentle approach. Slow but hopefully steady!

One of the young girls at work asked me about the diet as she says I have inspired her to have a go. I gave her my BSD book yesterday to take home to read and to borrow and she came into work this morning really excited. It made me feel really proud to have been an inspiration to her!

• posted by Lolly88
    on

Evening!
    As luck would have it I posted on the train on my way home from work and it disappeared in to cyber space!

J: Thanks 🙂 I am not necessarily looking to reduce my carbs, but I was unsure if the low sugar diet may be causing my body to react this way. I agree about the low fat yogurt- it was the only one i could get last weekend annoyingly.

Caron: Thanks 🙂 I agree, it may be unrelated and if it doesn’t let up by Monday I will get checked out. I use myfitnesspal and currently have the below
    Day1: Carbs 65g Fat 29g Protein 76g Day 2 Carbs 52g Fat 33g Protein 82g Day 3 Carbs 67g Fat 30g Protein 74g.

That being said, aside from the eyes, feeling good and finding the sugar cravings easier to deal with that i thought. Everyone showing such good progress and attitudes on here! Denise i envy your ability to do Hiit i dislike cardio very much but Hiit is so effective!

Lolly x

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Evening roadsters – hope you’ve all had a good day. Have stuck to plan today and am feeling chuffed with self. A couple of embarrassingly loud gurgles from stomach/,intestines – thought colleagues thought something wrong with the radiators at work!!!
    Am feeling quite tired now but will read for a bit so I don’t try to go too early. I was up before sparrows this am swabbing kitchen floor (unheard of for me at that time of day!!! )
    Onwards and downwards and good luck to us all tomorrow

• posted by Littlelamb123
    on

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I am feeling so so inspired and motivated by all of your stories and can relate to so much. This is the first time for being on a forum.

A bit about me, coming from a family that has diabetes, and my weight keeps creeping up, I am going to try to do this for 4-8 weeks and then transition to 5:2 and eventually transition to a healthy, sustainable lifestyle. My goal is to be in a healthy BMI range. I am currently ticking ‘obese’.
    The most difficult part for me will be correctly assessing what I am eating and planning in advance. I always think that I eat less and exercise more, and will use this month to gain more insight into learning what I am actually eating and how much I am moving.

Day 4 into the scheme already and I am mainly noticing how my mind easily wanders to just eating and not paying attention to my body if I am really hungry. Also, slept badly last night which I never do so my body is definitely responding to this in its miracle ways, I am hoping that will be resolved soon and have upped my fats and protein on the back of that.

Facts: am 14 stone and want to lose about 10-20% of my bodyweight which should place me into the healthy BMI range. I have also been very successful in the past of saying I wanted to change but actually not being ready to commit myself to anything because deep down I believed I couldn’t. Much better headspace now and feeling determined to change my lifestyle and way of approaching my health and body with all the famous hurdles to come! First weigh in is on Sunday for me so fingers crossed!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, Roadsters 🙂
    Good to see you here Jordana. A warm welcome to Littlelamb, Libstar and Lolly88. Lolly – some good advice from Jordana and Caron. Take a look at this excellent website – http://www.dietdoctor.com. There is a mountain of information, recipes, podcasts and is a valuable resource. Also myfitnesspal and fatsecret are good aps to use for logging etc. Me, I prefer to write in a journal. I like to get my thoughts down on paper and I can flick back to good weeks – like the week I lost 7 lbs, what did I do that week?
    Keep up with the good work, all – everyone seems very fired up and on a roll! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Lolly88
    on

Thanks Kazz! And thanks for starting this group.

Little lamb- I feel you completely. I have no promlem eating healthily, I really like it. But I can’t deny I’m addicted to sugar and fatty foods, so I always want to eat things like that for no reason, even if im full from my meal.
    Boredom and habit I think it is so I’ve just been trying to keep busy in the evenings so I don’t sit around thinking about biscuits 😀 Like you, I need to change my lifestyle, not just go on a quick fix diet. That’s what’s hard.

Lolly x

• posted by RogueOne
    on

Hi All,
    Great to hear all your positive stories.
    Yesterday I completed 2 weeks on the diet. My stats: weight loss since starting, is 2.9kg and waist reduction is 2 inches, making my waist to height ratio 5.3 (started at 5.6). I’ve got another 11kg to lose before I get back to my usual weight and size 8 clothes. I started this diet because I wanted to lower the risk of developing chronic conditions. My objective is to be in the healthy bmi range and to get my waist to height ratio in the low 0.4s. A way to go yet, but I am delighted with my current clothes being baggy. I will treat my self to a spa day when I hit 55.0kg (a half way point). I think the health benefits and smaller clothes are motivation enough, but a spa day is the icing on the cake and something for me to look forward to.
    I hit the gym yesterday after the Xmas holidays and did cardiovascular and strength work. I paid for my inactivity during December and was so tired in the evening! Tomorrow I have a lunch with friends at a Michelin starred restaurant (so looking forward to it). I intend to be be careful with what I eat (definitely no desert or starchy things). It will probably be hard watching the others tuck into wonderful food, but I will keep thinking about my spa day to focus my mind!
    Do others set little rewards for when a particular target is achieved?
    Hope week 2 is good for everyone.

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi all
    The group continues to be achieving amazing results which is excellent encouragement for those of us sitting on the back seat!! Trying to hide away as we struggle with our all or nothing personalities!!
    I am on the positive all path at present 72 hours fast and HITT, 30 min fast out of breath walking and plank, sit-up routine!
    I am typings this very out of breath having completed day 2 of HITT! I urge us all to try our own version even if it is just run squat run run run! I count every section and note it down, which gives me a target to aim for and helps to push you for the last bit as you need x more! On the runs I count at my own pace & turn a quarter each time I get to 10 it seems to work!

Still not in ketosis but early days & at least I am doing something. Well done to everyone and it is by failing we learn how to succeed xx

• posted by BuffyLover
    on

Hi All,
    I have been hovering for the last few days and have now had the chance to post. I am a returning BSD’er. I lost a stone and a half at the beginning of 2017 and managed to keep it off until around the summer time last year when I went through a major upheaval with work etc and ended up comfort eating my way back up to my size 16/18’s. Having now come through the other side (nice new job where I am happy) and in a much better place I have decided enough is enough.

I have been back on the diet for 8 days, I am also doing dry January which is a real challenge for me. I am 7lbs down and feeling good, my sleep has improved having been dreadful the first couple of nights and the hunger has started to appear at appropriate times ie meal times! I have a holiday booked for the 16th February so have a goal weight in mind for that date knowing what I achieved last time. My starting weight is a stone lighter that my last starting weight so fingers crossed all goes to plan.

This is such a supportive place and the supportive threads get me through :o)

Current stats are: 5ft3, start weight 14.1, current weight 13.8, goal weight for mid feb – 12.6.
    I know it’s a push but I’m sodding going for it and will try and continue to be “dry” for the first 2 weeks of Feb as well… Failing that I will be logging my calories of gin!

Hope everyone is well!
    Rebecca xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Cathy, Well done in inspiring one of the people you work with to follow in your footsteps. I know you have struggled in the past in patting yourself on the back for your achievements the endorsement of someone else seeing your success in person and wanting to copy you is another positive achievement.

Before I used to eat low carb my sleeping habits were terrible for my back. I would finish work, turn on the tv and sit down with something to eat. I would be watching a program that I had been looking forward to and the next thing I would know was it was 2 or 3 in the morning, I had fallen asleep missing the ending to the program in a cramped position and now my back was hurting.

After I changed over to eating Very Low Carb, I did struggle to sleep. I did worry about the fact that I was only getting 3 or 4 hours sleep over the course of a night, broken into smaller sections (with visits to the loo and then lying awake for a while) – In the end I just decided that rather than stress about it I would just go with it, only go to bed when tired. Apparently saving some of your carb allowance to eat in an evening helps with the hormone changes need to get to sleep. – As you probably have guessed by now, when I was going through this stage I did some research into the reasons and posted the links I came up with on the Take a look at this thread. – I think it will have been about 9 months ago.

More recently, I find the amount of sleep I need tends to be linked to how physically active I have been during the day. – A day of hard work and I sleep through my alarm clock (and the chickens greeting the daylight). less physical activity and I am wide awake by 5am. It sort of makes sense to me, after a day in an office and an evening watching TV our bodies will need less time to recover than a day working in the fields from dawn to dusk.

• posted by Granny
    on

Hi all – Nearing my 1st mini goal which is my grand daughters christening on Sunday so hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow. Just finished salmon filet with 80g of kale and 50 g broccoli rice sautéed in olive oil with chilli and garlic – I was amazed how long it took to chomp my way through the kale mix 😆, very tasty though and very low carb👍.
    Although I don’t post every day I always enjoy reading the stories and following peoples journey, so thank you everyone. As with many people on this thread I am not diagnosed diabetic or even pre diabetic but I am in the obese category and at 62 yrs of age want to get my energy levels up so I can enjoy my grandchildren 😀. Good luck roadies x

• posted by Rose88
    on

Evening!
    Day 1 went well on Sunday but since then I havent kept to the plan 100%. I thought I was motivated enough to start now but …Ive been going through a colitis flare up since November and this week symptoms got worse so Ive been hospital and doctors and all over the place trying to change the meds again.
    I didnt get chance or the time to plan my meals so thats a lesson Ive learnt. Anyway will start planning meals from tomorrow and get started again.
    Hope everyones doing well.
    Rose x

• posted by Lolly88
    on

Hi Rebecca 🙂
    I’m a fellow comfort eater so I know how hard it is. I’m hoping for a lifestyle change with this but reverting to habit still seems more appealing at times than pushing through the hunger.

I’ve been able to lose weight in the past, but sadly 2 stone heavier than 2 years ago and first timer on the bsd.

Lolly x

• posted by Rose88
    on

One of my many downfalls use to be biscuits … all sorts, whether shop bought or home baked. I enjoy making up and challenging myself with new recipes.
    I use to make these yummy biscuits using almonds, chickpea flour, butter and pecans.
    Each biscuit comes to 82 calories .. 6 g fat … 3 g carbs.
    Do you think 1 biscuit, say every few days might be allowed on this plan or best not to even think about it. : )
    Rose x

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Evening roadies.
    Ooh Rose, you poor thing, it’s difficult to be on plan if you’re not feeling good, and especially if you’ve been all over the place this week and in hospital. Bet you’re worn out. Hope you get the chance to get some rest and the doctors get your meds sorted.

A good day here, cold but good. Breakfast was a huge success. I made the chia pecan porridge from the recipe book but substituted hazelnuts as don’t have any pecans. Note to self though; do not put too many chia seeds into milk accidentally then hastily chuck them in the sink….they stick, then they stick to the dishcloth, then you spend ages picking them all off said dishcloth…..
    Had a good dog walk and have clicked up 14000 steps so far, worked a bit and done some homework for my college course. Not bad.
    Hope everyone’s had a good day. I like reading all your messages and inspiring stories 😊

• posted by Granny
    on

Rose your biscuit recipe sounds delicious but I know I wouldn’t be able to stop at one – it’s my big downfall 😒 so I just don’t buy/make any so avoiding temptation! Good luck whatever you decide 👍

on

Had a really hungry day today. Was planning to fast prior to my first weigh in tomorrow but woke up with a really bad headache so decided it probably wasn’t a good idea. Thursday is my day off and I planned to have a relaxing day at home. Had a cup of red bush tea for breakfast. Had some home made cream of mushroom soup from the forum recipe page for lunch and then went back into the kitchen and ate cheese and crackers! I’ve eaten a massive frittata and salad for my evening meal and a piece of chocolate with some pecans and Brazil nuts with a delicious cup of coffee. I honestly have been quite greedy today. I ate some chocolates left over from Christmas too this afternoon whilst sitting quietly and reading! I’ve been really good all week so I don’t know what happened today. It was quite out of character for me to be so irresponsible! Tomorrow is weigh day and I can’t feel that I am any different.. After what I’ve eaten today I can only assume a weight gain tomorrow and I can’t argue with what the scales will tell me tomorrow morning!

Back to square 1 for me tomorrow and heres to getting my act together. I will do the walk of shame from the scales in the morning and post my gain!

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi all
    Cc I feel your pain & you have been so good so I thought you said you were going to give yourself some slack! Free time can really be an issue! I am my mums full time Carer as well as running 2 businesses so I am usually up against it no me time but mum has been away since new year and I am sure that is why I indulged so much but instead of me time diet based I had so much time I had everything I haven’t had all year because I had stuck to BSD!!
    Rose I couldn’t have the biscuits when I am wavering and certainly one is never enough for me so I also would have to step away although I am fasting & have 3 cookies in the fridge and have no real interest. (All or nothing seems to be my theme!!) We are funny creatures and old habits really do take a while to break so good luck with whatever you decide is right for you.

Anyway anyone else doing MM’s active 10? The app is very frustrating as it judges your pace today & yesterday I have had to go out an extra time as it says about 1/4 minutes I am not walking fast enough!! I guess against 10,000 steps it is still quicker as have only done 6,000!
    Early days but may weigh tomorrow just to see how bad the indulgent start to January won’t be as bad as it could be & then weigh again on Tuesday.
    Great job so far guys Dxx

• posted by JGwen
    on

I am still not fully back on the wagon after the festive season.

– I was so looking forward to the last group of guests in the holiday let leaving after New Year and taking a few days for myself. – Only they left behind their flu bugs. – So I have spent the last few days with one of those coughs which are so intense your ribs ache with the effort of each cough. I confess, my throat was so sore that all I could think of was ice cream, and I did indulge. Its easing so I hope to be back on the road with you all next week.

• posted by Rose88
    on

JGwen sorry to hear that your guests left behind the flu bug, stay hydrated and get plenty of rest, hope you feel better really soon.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Nelliecat I love the Pecan chia bircher too, I just use whatever nuts I have, walnuts or hazelnuts and sometimes flaked almonds. Also, instead I’d using Earl Grey tea I use Twinings Raspberry, strawberry and loganberry tea – the flavour is lovely with the berries 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy – this just proves you are human! I have days like this at least once every few weeks 🙂 the trick is to keep on keeping on and not let a small blip stop you. I’ve put on a few kilos after being away on holiday for a long weekend in the past, and then a few days back on 800 calories and it goes again.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

J Gwen – take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon 🙂

• posted by Granny
    on

Morning all, today’s weigh in was 1kg loss – if I’m honest I’m a little bit disappointed and it’s not quite the whoosh I’d hoped for but not giving up as I have a long way to go💪. I record my food on FatSecret so will go and check the last few days. Generally my carb intake is 50-60 mark but the fats can be quite high 🤔.
    Anyone weighing in today – good luck x

on

Morning trippers- 0.8 lb gain for me this morning which I expected. Could tell that I’d not lost anything. First week wasn’t as easy as I had hoped after Christmas and although I was 80% good I know I must be 100% to achieve results, The 5:2 approach does not work for me. I wonder if my “taking things a little easier” mindset scuppered me? Maybe I will have to stick at being an “all or nothing” person.

Well done Granny on your loss. Don’t be disappointed. It’s a loss. Don’t compare your losses to others on here, I did that and it got me down. Our bodies do it their own way. Some of us are slower losers than others, Keep strong and the weight will come off.

JGwen – hope you feel tip top soon. Look after yourself, get well and then you’ll feel ready to carry on with BSD!

Have a good weekend everyone. Week 2 starts today for me…. note to self ……. MUST TRY HARDER!

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Morning Granny (that feels weird – I bet we’re a similar age)
    Don’t lose hope. It is disappointing when you try hard and don’t get a good result for your effort. I have had day long tantrums in similar situations on many occasions. It usually goes one of two ways for me – I fall off the wagon spectacularly, or I remind myself of the alternative, which is staying where I am and possibly losing weight in future.
    I tell myself through gritted teeth, but I know it’s right – and I’m sure it’ll come right for you.
    Why not plan a rewarding, non-food related distraction for yourself today – and take heart – you’ll be lighter this time next week, I bet.
    Kerry

• posted by Libstar
    on

Morning All,

So many lovely stories and great results. This is such a positive thread.
    I’m 10 days in and 3lb off target 🎉, really hoping another week and I’ll switch to 5:2 and start trying to maintain.

I’ve entered a half marathon for the beginning of summer but Im struggling to train on very low cal diet. Can anyone offer any advise? maybe wait till I reach goal or eat fat/sugar 20 mins before or maybe some kind of pre exercise shake/drink? Ive got no idea whats best.

Thanks

Libstar

• posted by Granny
    on

Haha lots of people say that it’s a family tradition – granny. I’m 62. Thanks for your encouragement Kerry and CCI just don’t want to have another year of loss/gain and feeling rubbish! Tape measures moved slightly so that’s good. CC I’ll take note about not comparing – thank you.

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Morning all
    Good idea to put a fruit tea into that porridge sueblue, I’m going to try that next time I have it. Had it this morning but am feeling a little ‘blocked’ shall we say. After a little Google search it appears chia seeds can have a good effect on your digestion or can sometimes block you up. Typical it’s the latter for me! I’ll have it again though. Maybe I just need to drink more.
    JGwen, get well soon, I’m sure a bit of ice cream won’t hurt. You do what you do to feel better.
    Clarinet Cathy, sometimes it goes like that doesn’t it, and there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for feeling hungrier. Your gain wasn’t too bad, bet you will lose that quickly.
    I have a mixed day today. Clients all over the place then the washing machine repair man coming later. He will be my knight in shining armour, the washing machine has had a wet load stuck in it since Monday!
    Have a good day all, see you later.

• posted by Syd
    on

Just weighed at the end of my first week and 5lbs lost. Really pleased as there’s been days where I’ve struggled to remain completely on track. I’m logging my food on Lose It and its highlighted a trend that when I have greek yoghurt for lunch I tend to eat less calories for the day overall. For lunch at work I take a greek yoghurt, sugar free 10 calorie jelly and a handful of berries. It makes a really big bowl full and keeps me going until teatime. I also love fruit teas especially Mandarin & Ginger and Raspberry & Cranberry. I must admit I’m missing bread which I’m avoiding completely as even a small amount sends me off on a binge!!
    At Christmas when my family were staying
    I was talking about getting back into the diet , but hadn’t realised the impact it had…… my son (who lives the opposite of the country) has just text to say that he’s been quietly doing the diet as well and lost 6lbs!!!!

• posted by Granny
    on

Wow well done Syd and fantastic boost to be an inspiration to your son, will have to look at that app as don’t think mine does that. Thanks denise Susan for the heads up x

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Well done, Syd!
    I lost the same in my first week and it feels great.
    Let’s keep it going!

K

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Some fabulous losses, congratulations everyone! I did actually post this morning before I got ready for work but it disappeared into the ether again!
    Granny – you are doing just great – takes awhile for this way of eating to “bed in” so to speak. Especially for us older ladies who have probably at least 40 odd years of eating the old way behind us. Sometimes, it takes the body a while to react to such a drastic change! 🙂
    CCathy – never mind, that was yesterday and now it’s today! 0.8 will be off tomorrow! I did pretty much the same thing yesterday – just ate more than I would normally. I’m sure the scales will drop again by tomorrow.
    Hope you are feeling better soon, JGwen. As soon as we relax, we seem to come down with something.
    Catch up with you all later – enjoy the rest of your day/morning/evenings. xxxx

• posted by chunkyd
    on

Hi All,
    Good to hear all the positive stories of weight loss. I started on 2nd Jan (I previously lost 35lbs on this diet in 2017 but have put 32 of those back on), and have recorded a 6lb loss in the first week which I am very happy with.
    Good luck everyone!

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Wow ChunkyD, that’s a great start.
    I lost 5lbs last week (week 1), and I’m already nervous about Monday!
    K

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I hope I can join. My user name derives from the realisation that I am carrying around as a minimum excess weight the equivalent of 6 of the feeds 6-8 turkeys I bought for Xmas…. And (at 57 and 5’2″) I was weighing more or the less the same as my (albeit willowy) 6’2″ 26 yr old son… Anyway, nudging the end of the first 5 days of fast 800; no more wine o’clock (which was my real downfall) for that time (and surprisingly not that fussed). I appear to have lost abt 4/5 lbs and at least inch off waist. I know deep down that I am not the “just a little bit” kind of person so just saying a complete no to what is bad for me is the way to go. But very aware of road/paved with good intentions etc so hoping that reading your stories and maybe getting encouragement will be a great support.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Libstar,

I would recommend looking at podcasts, and buying the book The art and science of low carb living. And low carb performance. Steve Phinney is one of the two authors. He is very into combining low carb with sports performance.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone

Great to see all the posts and your wonderful successes 🙂

I’ve been sidelined for the last week due to a back injury and confess I have put on 3lb due to virtually no activity and way too much comfort food and wine!

But will be back on board as of Monday. I’ve ordered the new Fast 800 book and hope to get back in the groove quickly. I was doing so well until last Friday – was 139lb and felt smaller and lighter. Now feel slow and squidgy! Isn’t it weird the difference just a few pounds can make to your self image. But life happens and I’m going to write off this weekend and get myself pulled round, then rejoin you on Monday.

Well done everyone – some great results on here – but I love the way that this forum is also balanced with empathy, honesty and understanding. No judgement – a safe place. So it’s all good 🙂

Have a great weekend hello travellers X

• posted by Libstar
    on

Hi JGwen,

Thank you so much for the advise, I’ll take a look at the book.

Libstar

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi again all you road trippers, as although I took a wrong turn or two and lost you all when I joined last year, I was on the original trip, briefly. Nice to see so many new participants as well. Since then my 2 year maintenanceversary came and went in November with a minor rise in weight but not in dress sizes, and then Christmas! Although still far from the sort of indulgence I used to not think twice about at that time of year I put on half a stone to go with the half a stone that had already crept on. So starting on the 8th is project stone and a half off (cos some will be water and glycogen as we all know). I hope this will only take 8 weeks, but allowing myself 15 weeks allows for some more wrong turns 😀 I see people have been introducing themselves earlier in the thread, my name is Sue and I live in Manchester, UK. I reached my target of 8 stone off 2 years to the day after properly knuckling down to the process of finding the right plan for me and am so grateful that it turned out to be 5:2 and Fast 800, and had this amazing forum available.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi Mixnmatch – 8 stone off!
    Deep respect!
    I’m sure you’ll boss 1.5 in no time.
    Kerry

• posted by Lolly88
    on

Evening 🙂 Enjoyed catching up on everyone’s progress today.

It can be so difficult to keep motivated at times. Someone kindly left me a handful of Malteser celebrations on my desk today and it took a very firm hand to give them away! I don’t think i have ever moved anything so quickly 🙂

I am going to weigh myself for the first time tomorrow on what will be day 6 for me and I am hoping for some results. I really need to keep going and not be dis-heartened if it is not as much as i wanted. Easy to see the short term and not think about the long term and the overall health benefits. I am feeling good and not hungry.

I am pleased in a way that some people are ahead of me in the journey, that helps to keep me on track.

Lolly x

• posted by RedRooster
    on

Good luck with the weigh tomorrow Lolly!! And we’ll done getting rid of the Maltesers, it’s difficult at times especially when people leaves you treats.

Hopefully you’ll get the result you want but if not stick with it the results come

RR

• posted by Lync
    on

Hi Everyone – can I join?
    I lost 2 stone 2 years ago, I was very focused and never faltered .I have since put on a stone and as of last Monday I have been back on 800 calls. I have been so good and this morning when I weighed myself I have already lost 5lbs. But this evening I haven’t stopped eating,including salted caramel icecream and 2 large glasses of white wine. It was wonderful but I feel so guilty and just think Monday 7ntil now has beeb such a wasste. Help please!!
    Lyn

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It isn’t a waste! Move past it and be kind to yourself. Stick to the plan tomorrow and every day you can and the weight will move. The carb monster is very persuasive at times but there is no reason for you to feel guilty about it. In fact I am currently trying to follow a plan called cyclical ketogenic by Dr Mercola which allows more carbs once a week so if you think about it you are still following a plan. I messed up and had days off (some planned like birthdays, some just because…) and still ended up reaching my target. If you can look at what made you start eating like that and find a strategy to stop it derailing you next time that could help too. If the wine came first then I often find it gives me the munchies, try to avoid it on 800 until you are used to fasting. If the ice cream came first then it may be sweetness you craved and a couple of strawberries or even a little honey on the tip of a teaspoon have done the trick for me in the past.

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi Lyn
    Welcome. You have slipped up but with -5 this week a small slip will not be your week make!! Focus on all the good things you have achieved this week and then try to ask yourself why you have acted this way.
    Having insight into why we have these slips helps us prevent slips in the future. I am an all or nothing girl can go without but one taste & I keep coming back! We often have self destructive issues and need to find our triggers. Stop now & new day tomorrow.
    Fresh start
    Take care Denise

• posted by Lync
    on

Thank you so much – a new day tomorrow and back on track.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Mixnmatch and Lync, hello old friends! I remember you both from when I was a newbie 18 months ago! It’s wonderful to see you! Don’t fret Lync, you’re ‘home’ now and you’ll soon get back to where you want to be. 😁👍
    Well done Lolly, dealing with the Malteasers!
    MnM, what can I say, much respect on your loss and maintenance!
    Sixturkeys, a warm welcome to you!
    I just love the way we all look after each other. This is a very special place!
    See you all tomorrow. Xxxx

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Lync, very sorry you had a bit of a detour but this is a perfect moment to learn something about your body — think about what happened, what triggered the eating (really think about how you were feeling as you started to go off plan — what set you off? — were you tired, hungry, angry, frustrated etc) and write down three STRATEGIES you will use next time you feel that way.
    I found that having a STRATEGY (written) was super helpful — that way I could just implement my strategy and MOST of the time it worked (I’m the first to admit I blew it often but STILL reached my goal).
    I also “practiced” my strategies in my mind and out loud driving in the car. You can role play with yourself — I trained myself to order sparkling water instead of wine that way — I would say out loud, “ I’ll have a sparkling water please” and “ oh no, I don’t really feel up for wine tonight” etc. and then in the moment, just repeat my memorized line.
    Sounds silly but it works and continues to work for me now three years into BSD! Strategies!

Please log in or register to post a reply.