Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you Jennie10 🙂 Tomorrow is the day . . . I have fingers crossed I find the less expensive unit I seek. Cannot believe how many times I went to use the old one . . . when it wasnt there!!! Scrambled egg for brekkie/brunch always done in the bowl I eat it from – in the microwave! (hmmmm so what am I having today . . .? CANT STAND cleaning a saucepan after s’e’s! So . . . a frying pan, coconut oil, mushrooms, leek, bacon, 5 tomtom tomatoes, wilted spinach – so frying pan to wash AND a bowl!!! Coffee . . . heat the milk/water mix . . . in the microwave. NOPE! another saucepan to heat the milk/water mix . . . and watch it doesnt boil over!!! Wash the saucepan. Later on in the afternoon . . . repeated the coffee repertoire – washed the saucepan. Then decided just to make up a salad . . . cold chicken, avocado, feta . . . spinach . . . leek slices, drizzle feta oil over the lot . . . sprinkle with chia seeds and chilli flakes . . . washed up and said water from here on for the rest of the day 🙂 Roll on tomorrow!!!!!
    Violinist . . .:) I sometimes feel when we have climbed so many mountains and fought so many battles . . there just doesnt seem to be enough “gumption” left when faced with another 🙂 However, I may well be older than you . . . (thats assumption) – but it has been my experience . . . we do find it . . . and it usually comes a little more refined than when we called on the “gutsy/gumption” we needed back when . . . and we approach things differently with those refined methods. I KNOW you will get a handle on all this . . . how? . . . because you have faced way worse and are the stronger for the result. Hang in there and my hand is always here to hold and an arm is ready to put around your shoulder. 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

Awe, Woodduckie, thank you for your hand and shoulder!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

You’re most welcome Catherine 🙂 Plenty here to comfort support and reassure ALL of us when we reach out 🙂 Safest nurturing, informative, supportive place anyone could find is right here 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

So true, WoodDuckie! This is a caring, nurturing community. No judgement here, and enough experience between
    us to climb any mountain that appears in our path 🙂

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Good morning Allie! SO true 🙂 And as we hold a hand and climb aboard . . . so we can perpetuate the gesture . . . Im finding a great deal of solace here right now . . . there are many hours of eluded sleep – usually midnight to dawn – and Im unsure if my “sleeping clock” has slipped its cogs again . . .(something Ive noticed intermittently since the coma experience) – OR – a week today until the endo appointment . . . I KNOW Im anxious about that – (white coat syndrome bigtime within!) – Im back creating my much-loved card creations . . . the detail is helping to make me slow down and quell the anxieties . . . while inwardly, the balancing act sees some good emotional issues which are seeming to be marking time keeping me wound up!!! I KNOW . . . ALL such things have to run their course in their own time! Its the impatient child wanting things NOW!!! 🙂 Add to that – (while Im comfortable and delighted at the new bodyshape . . .) – stagnant weight discard . . . early morning tapemeasuring showed 5-6 cms – (unclothed) – smaller waist – (cant compare that to endo’s measuring cos that was clothed 🙁 . . . NEVERTHELESS!!! with my knickers now appearing more like Fanny’s bloomers . . . it is MY yardstick!!!
    KAZZ . . .? SO PLEASED for your discard this week . . no matter NOW it arrived . . . but wishing you back to peak good health sooner rather than later!
    Jennie10 . . .? Your calmness and gentleness are always soothing to read . . . thank you for what you do for me in ways I cant explain or express.
    Violinist . . .? Remember Wizard of Oz. Tinman, Lion and Scarecrow 🙂 and follow the yellow brick road 🙂
    And to other posters a general thank you for your trust, information and caring.
    What an interesting group we are . . . and how much we are learning from each other WAY OUTSIDE the boundaries of our common thread. Sharing living locations, and holidaying in wonderous, mysterious and obscure places . . . feeds our geographic and social knowledge, sharing family events sees new babies, study programmes, job interviews, meeting Royalty, gardening prowess and joy as the seasons change . . .northern hemisphere as opposed to southern is always curious and fascinating!!! while collective investigation of foodstuffs by so many hastens our knowledge to get a handle on our chosen WoE – feeds our bodies. These forums are a goldmine in so many ways . . and as we know . . . while MANY only read , they too are also a vital part of it all. We just never know who will be touched, supported, inspired, reassured and/or enlightened by what is shared across the topics, while we are all creating history in our own ways.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning Roadsters!
    Happy Monday, and February, here we come! 4 short weeks. Ideally I would like to lose 2 lbs per week taking me into the 14’s so building on the flu induced discard from last week, I feel buoyed up and raring to go! One thing I have learned this weekend, cauliflower mash is just not for me! I love cauliflower, but not mashed! 🙂
    WoodDuckie – Fanny’s bloomers?! hahahahah! Yes, I can identify with that and my largest ones have gone in the bin as they are just too flappy and quite unsafe to wear when upright! I did sleep in them for awhile, but too big for that now! Non scale victories!
    Anyone else got any amusing wardrobe malfunctions they care to share?
    Have a good day!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by TaytoP
    on

Go Kazzee with the flappy bloomers! My undies are still OK but my trousers are starting to fall down especially if I put anything in the pockets! And these are pants that were too tight before Christmas.
    I am going well, happy due to ongoing progress and also feeling healthy and coping with the amount and type of food. 7.5kg down at my 5 wk weigh in this morning 😁

• posted by kaz62
    on

Morning everyone I’ve stumbled off the road for a few weeks – have been lucky not to gain but consoling myself I have reset 9lb lower than when I started – my head feels in a better place today so climbing back on the wagon- I also have several pairs of trousers that are decidedly baggy so I need to shove them in a black bag quickly!!
    Well done to everyone posting losses and to the rest of us- lets march onwards and downwards😉

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Morning Roadsters!
    I’m pleased to report another 2lbs off this week, making 11lbs in total since New Year, plus 3.5 lbs I lost the week before I started this WOE – making 14.7lbs overall. I know you can do the sums yourself, but I’m celebrating the feeling of being a stone lighter!
    Thanks for all the support and encouragement on the way so far, and good luck to anyone weighing in in the next few days.
    Kx

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Hi Everyone, Another 1lb for me this week, slow and steady wins the race could have been invented for me! I am most pleased with losing 2 inches from my waist and tummy, which is where all my weight sits.
    Safely negotiated a family party yesterday. Managed to swerve the crisps and stick with cucumber sticks and couple of mini sausages. I had asked before what was being made for dinner and my sis kindly made me a separate lasagne with courgette instead of pasta. How on earth I resisted the lure of the chocolate gateaux though I have no idea, feel far better for that decision this morning though!
    Feeling positive for a good week this week. Although a bit concerned the forecast rain might de-rail my lunchtime walks a bit. Either way I WILL get over the 10k mark per day which seems to be working well for me.

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi all
    I have been enjoying the posts from the naughty step having again this week been 3 days on & 4 days off!! Resulting in me staying at square 1 for the whole of Jan, this needs to be addressed but I just can’t seem to get in the head space.
    I am off on holiday again!! a week tomorrow, so am going to try to focus this week on just getting to next weeks weigh-in having been successful each day!! Not sure how as just not in the right place!!
    HIIT here I come reset button pressed now just need to engage the stick with it button!!
    I know it works but…..but what….. but
    Wish me luck need a live in life coach, personal trainer & chef & I would be fine!
    Dx

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Great result TaytoP!

K

• posted by JGwen
    on

Back last summer I decided I needed a belt to help keep my jeans up when I had anything in the pockets. – I realised the other day that I am now one hole away from having to make extra holes to make the belt short enough.

Maybe our flappy trousers is the solution for WoodDuckies concern on waist measurement. – Its fashionable nowadays to wear your knickers at a normal height and your jeans so that the waist band is at hip height. – 🙂 That will reduce the bulk when your doctor takes the next waist measurement.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh my goodness …wardrobe malfunction/BIG PANTS ….dare I share this with you ???
    Yeah I will ….you can have a good chuckle 😉
    A bit of background info. I wear opaque tights with tunics/dresses etc . In the past when my hips were much wider I used to wear another pair of big pants, Fanny’s Bloomers whatever you like to call them,OVER my tights to stop them slowly descending as the day went on.

So far so good …..

Well these days and quite a few kilos discard later…my tights fit much better and reach pretty much up to my boobs !!

The other day ( Friday in fact ) I wore a pair of ‘bloomers’ over a pair of tights ( not even sure why …but it’s pretty cold in the morning here 😉 The day proceeded as normal.
    It’s now around 1.30 pm…
    I went to the loo before my afternoon class (that’s important info, sorry)
    Now ..picture me in my classroom with 30 little 11 year olds hanging on to my every word ….
    I happened to look down and horror of horrors I caught a glimpse of a nude coloured fabric appearing at the hem of my tunic !!!
    It took me a couple of seconds to realise that I had forgotten to pull up my bloomers over my tights and they were steadily and surely descending !!!!!!!!!! OMG !!!

Trying to muster as much dignity as I could, I hastily sat down at my desk , pulled my chair up as tightly as I could under my desk so my legs were not visible to the ( hopefully) unsuspecting kiddie widdies. Gave the kids work to do and quick as a flash I whipped off my bloomers and shoved them into my bag !!!! I am a bit more flexible these days after a hip replacement 😉
    I think I got away with it . I haven’t received any worried messages from parents 😉
    No way will I be wearing bloomers over my tights EVER AGAIN !!
    My bloomers are also TOO BIG although I quite like the fact that they keep my chest warm ! A trip to the Uk is planned at Easter and a trip to Marks and Spencer is definitely on the cards for a down size 😉

on

Wendleg i am giggling here at the image of you trying to put your bloomers in your handbag without any of the children noticing. My 4 year old daughter thinks it’s hilarious when I wear my loosest jeans, as when we are dancing round the lounge getting my step count up they sometimes end up round my ankles now! Feels so good that you see the progress by how loose your clothes feel though

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Giggling here too! arf arf! 🙂 Victoria Wood springs to mind… Ooops, there go my bloomers!

• posted by alliecat
    on

It’s great to begin the week with an irreverent tale! Thanks, Wendy 🙂 Many of us have had
    these hilarious mishaps. My most dramatic moment came when I was wearing a very loose pair
    pajama bottoms, and I reached above my head to remove a large, heavy casserole from an
    upper cabinet…The pants dropped to my ankles, and coffee came out of O/H’s nose! Nothing
    compares to your adventure in the classroom, however! Quite awhile back I read here about
    a gentleman trimming his hedges in the front yard….He lost his shorts, for the edification of
    his neighbors! I don’t think any news trucks caught his act, though 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

Very funny, Wendy!!!!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Kerryp and TaytoP – over 1 stone lost is a fantastic achievement for both of you – really, congratulations – that is brilliant!

Denise Susan – yes please to all those things – wouldn’t that be great, particularly the chef! I really sympathise. I think it’s hard when you have a holiday so close up. I know it would be unsettling for me. Maybe, you could just try to maintain for this week and plan how to keep to BSD principles while you’re away. Then, you’ll have a lovely long stretch of time afterwards to really focus on the losing weight again. Just a thought. x

Oh, I do like the chat about non-scale victories – isn’t it a great feeling when you can get into new, smaller size clothes or favourite old clothes.
    Cleverblonde73 – I can just picture your little girl giggling so much at your antics – it’s lovely
    wendleg – wow, I’m so impressed with the quick thinking – what a woman! I used to do exactly the same with the big pants over the tights to stop them rolling down. One of my NSVs, which I’d forgotten, is that my tights fit me now, so no need for that and no more tights rolling downwards or wrinkly ankles (although I must admit I do sometimes miss my ‘big knickers’!).

So, I’m back with no scales so will be weighing in again at the weekend. No loss last week so this week I’ve made low-ish carb soup and I’m going to try to just have that and lots of other liquid for a few days. Then stick to fish/seafood and salad over the weekend. I can’t get to my exercise classes at the moment so I’m also going to try to reach 10k steps either outside, or inside with my Christmas present walking DVD. Jane Fonda and me just keeping each other company – here we go!

Hope everyone has a good week this week.
    Jennie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning, everyone!
    Well done on the continued losses and NSVs!
    Jennie – my first work out-at-home record from the early 80’s was Jane Fonda… “shoulders back, stomach in, buttocks tight…. feel the burn…”! Seems weird, jumping around to a record!
    Another NSV for me – some work trousers that were too small, now fit! They’ve been in the back of the wardrobe for 2 years at least and I dug them out on Monday and am pleased they fit! Bit snug around the waist but they’re on and wearable!
    Keep on keeping on!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done Kazzeeeeeeeee !! Brilliant ! Glad you are feeling better too !
    We will all need a new wardrobe soon, bloomers n’ all !!
    Have a great day everyone !

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Oh Jane Fonda! Now that takes me back Jennie and Kazzee!
    Right after law school we decided we didn’t want to live in “Kansas” anymore (we didn’t actually live in Kansas, it’s just a metaphor for a bring place) so we sold everything and moved ourselves to San Francisco. The big time (we thought!).
    Bought a little house out on the edge of SF in an area called Noe Valley — ha ha so far away from the center that my dad insisted that it was located in Daly City (an insult) and said we needed security gates because it was so dangerous in Daly City (suffice to say he did not really know anything at all — today Noe valley is so popular!)
    The first thing I did there was find a workout studio and they had just opened a brand new, gorgeous Jane Fonda studio in Union Square! Union Square is (was) the center of EVERYTHING in SF and I loved driving all the way across town to go to my Jane Fonda studio with two story-high pictures of Jane in her workout gear and leggings on every wall.
    I felt SO cool and hip and it WAS fun!
    Fast forward thirty three years and we discovered we are country folk at heart, prefer quail to streetcars, but I still remember Jane Fonda and working out in Union Square.
    Today Union Square is kind of gross — full of homeless people, drifters and dirt. Lots of stores are gone and it just isn’t the same, ah but those glory years with Jane Fonda — she was part of my life!
    So bounce away and kick your legs up and keep on the Jane Fonda thing — wish I could join you — I could dig out some old leggings!
    These days it’s Lululemon clothing and bloody boot camp — where did all the romance go!!?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Julia, I remember Union Sq. in the early 70’s! I Magnin and Gumps! I have seen news reports of the crime,
    homeless tents, feces and drug needles in the gutters…What has happened to one of the most stunningly
    beautiful cities in the world? I used to work in the Ferry Bldg. for Toyota Motors…Now I hear that great caution
    is necessary to walk around in the area during daylight ours… And I don’t know what to make of your new
    Governor! I’m happy to know that you’re back to nature on your mountaintop in Tahoe. Wax your skis. The
    big snows are on the way! xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

That would be daylight hours, not ours!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Kazzzzzz! (
    Just a little aside to hopefully give you a laugh!!! I asked around my relatives . . . and Aunty Waddle from the nearby duckpond assures me the down in your puffy jacket is her last year’s moult and plucking!!! 🙂 Hope it is still keeping you wrapped and warm 🙂
    So glad your feeling better and great find that the slacks can now come into the regular wardrobe! Shifting focus onto the VISUAL confirmations is VERY satisfying and certainly gives us renewed impetus that it IS all worth the effort. Add with that mostly comes the fact we dont feel we have sacrificed ANYTHING!!! and GAINED so much 🙂 Because we are obviously achieving/ feeling/looking/better!

Wendleg:
    Oh my! Im still laughing with tears . . . oh the bloomer stories 🙂 And . . . . we are all aware and laughing which is great therapy!!! If I remember correctly there was a “joke” from way back when (supposedly a lady was walking along and her knickers elastic failed – (dreadful wardrobe malfunction!!) Seems with great aplomb she merely stepped out of them picked them up and kept walking. I can picture that! Such quick thinking! and I suppose . . . with that action . . . no one would have been aware she hadnt just dropped them!!

Allie:
    I too have had the jimjam bottoms slide to the floor at inopportune moments. And one can hardly walk around holding them up with one hand and working with the other 🙂 However this winter will probably see me having to buy new ones – tightening elastic has done and will only solve one problem. As I twist and turn in bed, the excess bulk of material elsewhere will render me moving like a beached whale . . . immobilised and hogtied . . . or picture of a seal flopping up a beach come to mind!
    Quack!! Quack!!!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hahaha! What great stories! Julia, what a great story of your early Jane and Union square days! Coincidently I had to organise a biz trip last month which was all based around Union square and my boss said the same about the homeless. What a shame, such a beautiful city and one of the places I would like to visit one day. I could just feel the buzz you and Allie described!
    WoodDuckie, I wish you could bottle your sense of fun and wonder, you’d make a fortune! Yes, I know what you mean, overly large T shirts in bed and I end up trapped in the material! Like I’m wearing a straight jacket!
    Well on to my Friday result, and I’ve stayed the same! I was down a pound yesterday when I peaked! Wished I hadn’t now! Just goes to show how the scales can fluctuate each day. Good luck to everyone weighing today! See you later!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Back from London- had a great week, not been on plan hence not weighing today! I find it difficult to drink 2-3 litres of water when out and about due to needing the toilet so never drink enough. Back to BSD WOE today and looking forward to it. Blood tests all normal. Must just be a hot and sweaty person who loses weight slowly! I can deal with that. I am 58 and healthy! I have 7 weeks til I go away with my friend to a health spa for a week.. My goal is to stay on BSD. Am not giving myself any unrealistic weight loss goals, I only get disappointed when I can’t achieve them. So my plan is to eat BSD, intermittent fast and just try to be as healthy as possible. I’ve had a week in the pit-stop but now I am raring to go and am glad to be back on the road trip with you all. For obvious reasons I didn’t get on the scales this morning as I couldn’t bare to see the damage so can’t post my weight. It doesn’t really matter anyway. I am back on plan now and feeling focused and positive. I will be the best I can be for Ragdale Hall in April. Onwards and downwards!

Well done to all the losers and keep strong and keep going to everyone on the road trip.

• posted by chunkyd
    on

Week 5 weigh-in. I can only report a 0.5lb loss this week I’m afraid, that is after a zero loss last week. Total loss now 10.5lbs.
    I know exactly why I am not losing more, so it is no surprise to me that the loss over the last two weeks is negligible. I am going to remain positive that the overall loss is reasonable, although looking back at my efforts 2 years ago, I had lost 18lbs in 5 weeks, but I was very good at sticking to the BSD principles back then.
    I am going to set myself a goal to lose a further 6lbs for the next 3 weeks, which I know is more than achievable if I don’t have any wine and stick to the diet.
    Keep going everyone.

• posted by JGwen
    on

I have decided on my new challenge for myself for the next few weeks of the road trip. I saw a post a few days ago on Dr Fungs facebook group which was starting off a discussion on – now you have lost weight / regained health what are you planning to do that you couldn’t before. It set me thinking, and by now you all know how much I love to look at an idea from every possible angle and collect data.
    Its so easy when you work from home and its a home needing renovating and some of what you do for work is what you would do in your spare time if you were doing a different job to feel that you are working all day and not getting any time for yourself. If I was commuting into an office there would a clear pattern of these hours are the time doing things for pleasure, and these doing the chores, and these earning a living.
    So I am going to start logging what I spend time on each day, to show myself that I am getting some me time, and move on to my aim of a better work / life balance.

Also I am going to spend some time each day when its dry and not blowing a gale doing things like working with the horses and dogs for a couple of hours during the day, making the most of the flexibility that comes from working from home to change my working hours around to make the most of every day.

• posted by Granny
    on

Wow loving the stories too, lots to cheer us up on such a cold snap here in the UK. We visited San Francisco about 18 years ago and it is one of my fave places so I was sad to read that is is in decline 😢. We stayed not far from Union Square and loved walking all around that area and of course Fisherman’s Walk. CC glad to hear that your blood tests were all good, as you say it’s good to ba back on bsd route and just be as healthy as you can. Chunky I hear you – same here very small weight loss for last 2 weeks and I did much better 1st time round with bsd. For me I tend to think I ‘know the plan’ so don’t weigh and record everything hence slow loss! Not to self ……start as if it’s the first day/time on this woe. Good luck all and have a great weekend.

on

Not the best week so far. Its been one of those hovering up and down weeks on the scales, although I have been keeping to plan. I think its a pre-whoosh am hoping so!

Wondering if stress can impact. I just found out I am being made redundant. On the positive I have until of April, so plenty of warning but finishing up a few days before my wedding, not great timing! Trying to keep focussed and not use food as an emotional crutch. Lots to do this weekend so am going to think positive.

Happy weekend everyone.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sorry to hear of your redundancy Cleverblonde. It certainly is bad timing but on a positive note you are going to be FABULOUS on your wedding day !!! Don’t let anything spoil that.

I don’t know what job you do but hopefully you can find more opportunities soon so you are settled again.

Discarding weight will give a massive boost to your confidence in your job applications. Yes, stress ( and cortisol) can have an impact on weight so be wary of that. Stay focused on your happiness and health. You are aware of the dangers of emotional eating so you can be prepared. Food is just food, it’s not a superpower comfort machine 😉

You are no doubt busy with all your planning so you don’t need any more stress. You are staying on plan and you will soon be seeing the results . Stay positive ! All the best xx

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Good morning from Downunder 🙂 Oh the quips are coming to mind thick and fast this morning folks . . . must be the 8+ hours sleep I had last night!!! Yippee! Maybe it was just a glitch in my sleeping mechanism after all . . . either that or exhaustion took its turn 🙂 Either way some of the mental fog seems lifted today. For me . . . Coffee and reading posts is a wonderful positive way to start the day. Consider all angles . . . even though they come in different packages, we can all rejoice in positives, (discards, new recipes/clothes/jobs/carb (or carb-less) discoveries – (sometimes when something Ive discovered can be shared here I feel like I have a trivia quiz answer!!! and rush with urgent enthusiasm to respond). Even when things are rough going, when we offer our support and knowledge to someone-else it is so therapeutic – feeling empathy can have positives as well . . . remembering where we once were and how we have progressed since that time. Gratefulness. With our linguistics lessons . . .:) gymnastic brain games with words 🙂 – “DISCARD” seems to have been readily adopted – which is GREAT to read 🙂 Discard is SO positive! Like the slacks going in the charity bag. They have been DISCARDED! (not lost!) – The next negative linguistic hurdle is DOING OUR BEST to not TRY but quite simply do. Here are NON-CRITICAL random examples chosen from posts here this morning . . .” . . . to eat BSD, intermittent fast and just try to be as healthy as . . .” easier to simply DO. “TRYING to stay focused . . . “. Simply be as focused as best you can during this time (or any time!!!) – . . . dont add stress by trying 🙂 After all it is IMPOSSIBLE to be focused on one thing constantly. Another different expression of intent beginning with a positive attitude . . .”so Im going to start (whatever) . . .” and thats the simply difference we can give ourselves.
    Sunny . . .? I love the way you polished my rough draft 🙂 Youre expression of/and explanation was way smoother and creamier 🙂 Thank you so so much 🙂
    Cleverblonde: When we have the driving reins taken from us . . . it has an (almost) demoralising effect. We may feel lost/inadequate etc., however maybe its our time to move on from wherever we are at. A seemingly daunting upheaval you “MAY” seem to have ahead but just maybe/perhaps it isnt all bad . . . because most things have a positive somewhere – and are sent for reasons/a reason which rides in later on the wonderful amazing thoroughbred – “HINDSIGHT”!!! (Out of barrier 7, in the blue and green silks, ridden by Ernest Wisdom . . . handles all conditions, very reliable later, so always short odds start!) We simply need to give ourselves time to come to terms with the new horizon changes . . . breathe and find/recognise the positives – however subtle. And when we find one or a couple . . then . . . others appear like drawn to magnets. 🙂 While looking for another employ MAY SEEM to be daunting . . . then (no maybe!) – whatever is meant to be WILL swingby when you least expect it . . . and when the time is right. Meantime (from reading your post) – I positively see possibilities . . . . *right now, a good reason and time to begin investigating a new position while being paid – (maybe even have interviews ‘cos yr present employ virtually gave permission. (A new employer seeing your potential wont care a hoot about being given a future available start date 🙂 AND who knows? You may even be ASKED to start BEFORE your redundancy date!!! Wouldnt THAT be nice? Double $$$S!!!! Thats always a possibility!!!) . . .To continue . . . *extra hours right before your wedding to concentrate on last minute details . . . *Time to prepare for/budget a little harder to clear some bills/outstandings before “departure day!” . . . (rather than my single income experience – after almost 10 years in my PA position – of 5 minutes notice and a cheque – virtually “Dont come Monday!) Put on some funky music, do something childlike and undaunted . . . loosen up the stress of the “surprise” and make it a great weekend 🙂 Quack Quack from Duckie xx

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi CC! Loved your Que Sera Sera post! Sounds as . . .”you have done your best given the circumstances and the results are what they are” 🙂 LOVE recognition of what draws disappointment and therefore not allowing it to be 🙂 I too have an issue with the suggested quantity of water . . . though have found a time when it is more palatable to guzzle a couple of large glasses . . . shudder like having some distasteful cough medicine . . . and move on! Unsure about the hot sweaty person discarding more easily. Downunder we have had heatwave conditions, cranked up humidity after the odd rainshower or horrendous storm . . . (like yesterday evening when we had 2″+ of rain in around 20 minutes – 🙁 oh it was torrential!!!) – and while I wont know for sure until Im back on the DR’s scales on Monday . . . nothing much “down” seems to have shifted from this little woodduck in past 6 weeks 🙂 However . . . the odd centimetre from girth seems to be silently disappearing . . . Im visualising long faces and tears . . . as they reluctantly abandon . . .(no . . . they are being dismissed as superflous to requirements of the mothership . . . !!!) – after sharing and accepting my accommodating generosity – (while offering no reciprocal benefit) – for so many years 🙂 It is empowering to know we can . . . no we DO – have a say in our destiny . . . no matter how small the step . . . 🙂
    Have a great weekend!!! Quack Quack 🙂
    (Heading on over to Duckie’s additional ammunition to share “Can and Do”.)

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy I’m so pleased you had a good week in London and your blood tests were all normal 🙂 and what a good attitude you have 🙂
    I agree, health is the most important thing. I’ve not had a good week health wise. a bad RA flare and I’m back on prednisone and strong pain killers 🙁 prednisone is great with bringing inflammation down but has a notorious side effect of weight gain, so I’m not weighing myself this week. I am sticking to on plan foods, just not counting calories. It was a struggle to get through the working week this week and I just didn’t have the energy for calorie counting! Feeling better today though, despite now coming down with a sore throat/virus type thing, but I’m relieved to not be in pain.
    So I’m spending the day cleaning out my food cupboards and fridge/freezer, making lists of what I have on hand and then I’m going to do some menu planning. Tomorrow I plan to prep and cook some foods so next week it will be easier to stick to 800 calories. Hopefully I’ll be able to resume walking of an evening too next week, was just too painful this week.
    Clever blonde – sorry to hear of your redundancy news. I feel with those sorts of things it’s never good timing! It’s happened to me twice before, both times with small companies so I didn’t even get a payout or anything, but luckily both times it has led to better jobs, so hopefully this will be the same for you x

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hey there chunkyd! Good for you hanging in there and on the second round 🙂 You already have the fundamentals from practice . . . so the hard yard is already done! LIke leaving a jigsaw on a table then one day picking up pieces to continue the picture! We dont have to do the border to start again!!! Congrats for recognising the pitfalls . . . please . . . no comparisons to “last time” because times were different, circumstances different . . . simply give individual credit for then and now. Set goals if you must but as mentioned, be careful/be sure, not to add disappointment to the mix even if you have done your very best along the way. Consider our bodies respond . . . AS BEST THEY CAN at the time. I liken it to a child learning to write . . . they hold the pencil, have the paper and make squiggles declaring this is their name! Allow your body to learn to write 🙂 It takes time – so please be kind to you and . . . discard – not lose, do – not try, and make it fun choice – not a chore 🙂

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone – it’s a lovely, crisp and sunny winter’s day here.
    SueBlue – I’m really sorry to hear about the RA flare up – I know it can be very painful. It’s good to hear the prednisone is so effective, but hope you’re back to better health soon.
    Cleverblonde – I’m also really sorry to hear about your redundancy, it’s never good to hear. But good on you for your determination to stay positive. Focus on that wonderful wedding. You’ll have to describe the dress to us! Hope you see that whoosh very soon.
    Cathy – 58 and healthy is a wonderful thing to be. I’m so glad to hear your blood tests came back normal and that you enjoyed yourself in London with your son.
    Californiagirl – wow, I’m so impressed with that whole Jane Fonda/San Francisco experience – definitely cool and hip. Btw, I’ve been trying to persuade my husband to move as we’re both now retired. The other night I told him I don’t want to live in Kansas anymore! My new favourite phrase.
    Violinist – I’ve just read the article about San Francisco. I’ve always had quite a romantic view of San Francisco – as a child I remember listening wistfully to Scott Mackenzie’s ‘San Francisco’ so that’s sad to read. My husband used to work with homeless people – it’s a real issue here too.
    Kazzee – yes, I had the videotape of JF’s ‘feel the burn’ workout – it was hard! Talking about jumping around to records, I remember frequently dancing away like mad to the single ‘American Pie’ with my best friend. The song was so long that we had to stop half way through, dash to the record player and quickly turn over the record so we could continue bopping away. Great news about the work trousers.
    WoodDuckie – I left a message on Purple rose’s thread but things move so fast so not sure you saw it. Anyway, just to say great about the microwave and best wishes for the endo appointment on Monday. Bit of an odd juxtaposition, I know. I’ve enjoyed reading about can and do this morning!
    Granny and chunkyd – yes, same here. Everything seems so much slower this time around, although I have lost 1lb this week (after a zero-loss last week). But if I’m honest I’m just not as focused this time around. Two other things struck me this week. I’m beginning to eat more erratically (less and less as I get to weigh-in day). I started doing this before Xmas just to hit my weight target – not the way I want to go – or sustainable. Also, I’m putting everyone else’s needs/priorities before my own again – an old habit. I need to make time to do what I need to do to follow this way of eating successfully again, e.g. planning, preparing, weighing food, walking etc. That’s what worked first time around. So, for the next few weeks I’ve decided to not worry about my weight and mark success by how well I’m doing BSD things on a daily basis.

Best wishes for everyone who has yet to post this week’s progress, and hope everyone goes well next week.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hello Roadsters
    Well done to everyone who’s sticking with it and getting a variety of good results – on and off the scales. We’ve definitely reached the tough bit a few weeks in!
    I’m feeling shattered today (and tempted to stray a little) as Storm Eric battered our house in North Yorkshire last night. I woke about 3am and listened to it on and off until I got up about 8am. It’s a shame as my sleep patterns have begun to settle down, but today I feel truly wiped out. So, to help myself, I’m logging in to pledge not to behave too badly foodwise!
    Have a lovely rest of the weekend, folks!

Kx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Kerry – OK, I’m going to keep you to that!
    JGwen – came back on as I meant to say earlier I really like your idea of logging what you spend your time on each day. I’m looking forward to reading what you discover. Cheers, Jennie

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi Jennie10!
    Thank you – I’ve just about behaved myself (just a smidgen over calories) – and it’s time for bed!
    Catch up again tomorrow everyone!

Kx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Kerry – good on you for keeping going when you’re so tired. It’s quieter here tonight so hopefully it is in North Yorkshire and you get a good night’s rest.

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Morning roadsters
    Well done to everyone who has kept on plan this week, whether or not they’ve had success on scales or not. I ve not been in the right head space this week at all and have made some poor choices practically everyday (wine) . Unsurprisingly, scales reflect this – slightly up, cms down a smidge.
    One reason I joined the forum was to make myself feel accountable for my choices. I’m a bit vexed with self but decided to fess up to everyone. On the positives, I’ve kept the exercise going and drunk plenty of water. This week I intend to do better .
    Bean

• posted by Granny
    on

Yes Bean im sure many of us joined this forum for the same reason, I know I did. Feeling positive at the start of a new week and you should do so too……you’ve recognised the value of staying with the forum and taken a step in the right direction. Come on roadsters we can do it ……..💪

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi Bean – totally understand your frustration but the good thing about BSD is that every day is a new day. Even if there has been a bit of wandering off track you are still on this road trip and can still reach your destination. So good luck for this week! I need a bit of a reboot as well so let’s compare notes this week? I have a special birthday coming up at the end of April and have just booked a week in the sun for my daughter and myself – so now have the added incentive of getting “beach body ready”. Or whatever they call it now! No pressure then 😉

Cathy – glad you had a good week and was very interested to hear you mention Ragdale Hall as I nearly booked that for my trip with my daughter. How weird that we could possibly have met without realising who each other was!

Kerry hope that things have calmed down now and that you feel less tired and ready to get moving again.

Hello to everyone else and hope that we all have a good week. Am loving all the posts: even though I don’t post much myself I do read them all and enjoy celebrating / commiserating / empathising / laughing with you all as we continue this journey together X

• posted by MagicBean
    on

Thanks Granny and Dreams for your posts.
    You’re both right – every day is a new day. I’m going to do better this week. One week to go before half term… will need a good plan for that week too. Bean

• posted by MagicBean
    on

I think I need to plan some non edible / drinkable treats in to work towards. Virtue being its own reward isn’t doing it for me. How nice that you gave a special birthday coming up to celebrate 🎉. A holiday -with family sounds great. Just need to keep on …. bean

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi Dreamscometrue – thanks for the encouragement – I’m hanging in there!
    Granny – thank you for giving us all a bit of cheerleading!
    I’ve recovered from being shattered but have spent most of the weekend preparing for a job interview on Tuesday.
    So, I’m a bit over calories but holding it together and trying not to get too nervous.
    Let’s stick with it team!

Kx

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hey MagicBean

Why not go for it properly and book a spa day in about 3 weeks’ time??

Kx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Roadsters! Well, you’ve all been busy over the weekend when I tend to have electronic device downtime! 🙂
    CleverBlonde – sorry to hear about the redundancy. Try not to let the worry mar your wedding plans… I know easier said than done. Fingers crossed you find something soon. Yes, stress can affect us by way of increasing the cortisol hormone which can make us crave stuff we wouldn’t normally want.
    Kerry – good luck with your interview tomorrow!
    CCathy – glad to hear your results are normal and that nothing more serious is going on. I like your thinking regarding relaxing slightly and accepting where you are now and just sticking to the BSD healthy life style rather than battling the numbers on the scales. That’s an excellent way of looking at it.
    Jennie , Bean, Dreams, Granny, Violinist and all of you other roadsters – good to see you all marching onwards! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

Please log in or register to post a reply.