Kazzee's Road Trip to Easter 2019 – from 1 Jan – 16 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Hi Everyone.
    it seems we all have our ups and downs but having some support makes all the difference. I really appreciate all the comments thankyou. I cant say I was 100% on plan at the weekend, It was a tricky one getting my headspace right plus my friend came down to stay but I also felt I didn’t go completely haywire at all and weight has stayed the same. I have certainly noticed I generally don’t get as hungry as I used to.

Feeling much more positive today, I have some time and I am sure I will find new work opportunities and if its not immediate my fiance has an early opportunity to fulfil some of the wedding vows by supporting me!

I also had a hair and make up trial and I felt so special, it helps when people take photos and you don’t see a double chin and there is a neck hollow, accept the little things right?
    So invites also now written and it’s full steam ahead. Heres to a wonderful week for everyone.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Cleverblonde – these things more often than not turn out to be a blessing in disguise, not that it feels like it at the time. Am glad you are feeling more positive. I imagine you looked and will look stunning on the day! 🙂

• posted by Granny
    on

Great attitude cleverblonde ……that will get you a long way both on bsd and with your future opportunities, I’m sure something positive will come along real soon. In the meantime you can look forward to looking and feeling amazing on your special day and as you say good opportunity for your fiancé to support you which I’m sure he will.

• posted by Granny
    on

The coconut and lentil soup from the fast 800 book really is yummy and very filling, had some at lunch time and still no hunger pangs 😀

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks Granny, the coconut and lentil soup is on my list to make this week – just not today as it’s going to be 37 degrees!
    I can recommend the Turmeric, Celeriac and Parsnip soup from the new book also. Actually I’ve been enjoying all of the recipes from the new book so far, it’s nice to have a bit of variety. Although I still have my faves from the original books 🙂

• posted by Granny
    on

Thanks sueblue will try that one next…..although I’ve never cooked celeriac before! MM is currently on a UK tour,……was thinking about getting tickets, I’ve always enjoyed his books/newspaper articles etc so I would assume he would be even more inspirational in the flesh so to speak 😀

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Celeriac is quite nice, I also made oven chips with them – peel and cut into thick chips, boil for a minute, drain then put back into pan with a little bit of olive oil and some seasoning and mix carefully to coat. (I used onion powder but could use herbs, garlic, curry powder etc), then put on oven tray and bake in the oven on 200 degrees for about 20 min.
    It’s alsp nice mashed, I’ve used it to top Fish Pie.

• posted by Granny
    on

Sounds good sueblue, I’ll get some with my next shop 👍, always looking for variety on BSD ana as you say the 2nd book is good.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello Roadsters!
    How are we all doing? I’ve been feeling really tired this week! Two lunches out. Yesterday met a friend and had a bunless chicken burger with extra salad, no fries. Today is another bday, and a team lunch out. A buffet of various things. I may not eat yet. Half term next week for many. Perhaps I need to book a couple of days off. Temps are rising a bit so that’s a good sign of spring just around the corner!
    See you later!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Jordana
    on

Hello all. Sorry to be so absent. You’re all such wonderful inspiring posters and I feel a little guilty – but I never was very good at inspiring posts so I just enjoy reading other peoples 🙂
    I’m still plodding on with the right food choices. I haven’t weighed for a little while but still optimistic about reaching my target on April 19 along with many others here whom I’m sure will be getting great results, be them SVs or NSVs.
    I did a dry January which has really helped. Annoyingly, it didn’t speed up weight loss but it has really helped kickstart February where I’ve only had drinks when with friends. For some that might not be good – but for me its a great achievement – lol.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Jordana I think your post is inspiring 🙂 well done on the dry January! And well done for plodding along and sticking to the right food choice too, slow and steady wins the race 🙂
    I’ve been up and down lately as I’ve had some health issues. I’ve lost 2,6kg over the past week but that’s mainly due to having a stomach virus and not being able to eat for 24 hours I think. On the positive side, it does show me the power of fasting, so it’s something I plan to incorporate from now on – better planned I think raher than suffering a virus!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Roadsters – I have decided to take some time away from the BSD forums…. I have a few things going on and I’m being neglectful here, it feels. This trip is quite capable of running itself I think, but if someone does want to volunteer to host, that is fine too. 🙂
    Wishing all of you much success, watch out for the pot holes and I’ll catch up with you all in a few weeks. 🙂
    With much affection …..
    Kazzeexxx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Kazz – look after yourself and thank you for looking after us all for the last few months. Take well deserved time out and see you when you’re back.

• posted by Granny
    on

Thank you Kazz for keeping us on the straight and narrow, much appreciated. Hope all goes well on your much deserved time out and look forward to catching up with you when you’re ready to take the reins back again 😀.
    Felt very pleased with myself today as managed to not purchase a very tempting dessert 😆.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi Kazz – hope all’s well – I’m sure we’ll organise ourselves for a bit.

Well done Granny – a delish dessert is quite a challenge!

And I’m pleased to report that I got the job I went for on Tuesday! However, I have fallen off the wagon celebrating and now need to get back on it. I’ve been almost on plan today but not quite. So, tomorrow I need to be good!

Let’s keep at it, team!

Kerry

• posted by Granny
    on

Well done Kerry on your job success 🙌 and I’m sure you will be back on 100% plan tomorrow.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Oh Kerry — that IS great news!! Congratulations!

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Well done Kerryp – and Cleverblonde73 here’s hoping this is a positive sign for you!

KazzUK just want to say a great big THANK YOU for setting up this thread and for all your support so far. Do hope you’re ok? Come back to us when you feel ready: it will be lovely to catch up with you again X

KOKO everyone! Additional incentive for me is that my OH has organised a big birthday party for me at the beginning of May. It would be so nice to be at goal by then. So why am I sitting here drinking prosecco ……. ?!?!

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Thanks everyone!

I’m super-chuffed!

Kx

• posted by TaytoP
    on

Hello road trippers. We are nearly half way on our longish road trip. How is everyone’s stamina and determination? Mine goes up and down, and I have found it a bit harder because my weight loss has slowed down. Which I guess has to happen. The plus side for me is that any cravings are short lived, and also i have been able to manage eating out several times, making tasty choices without falling right off the wagon.
    Today is my 7 week weigh in, continuing slowish and steady, 1kg this week for a total loss of 9kg over 7 weeks. I might make it to my mini goal of 10kg by next week. Longer term goal is still over the horizon though. Have a good week everyone.

on

Hello everyone

This morning I weighed myself for the first time since January and got a fright! My weight is up even more. It is six weeks until my trip to Ragdale Hall and I don’t want to weigh anywhere near what I weighed in at this morning. Can’t even write it down! I had a week in London a couple of weeks ago helping my son move into his new house and had a week off BSD. Today’s weight shocked me so much that I am back to the basics of BSD and 800 calories and there will be no nuts and no chocolate. I am gong to aim for a 10lb loss in the next 6 weeks by being totally, totally strict. Today I’ve eaten 4 mini quorn sausages with some cauliflower cheese for lunch and some Greek yoghurt and raspberries with chia seeds. I’ve drank loads of water so far and my evening meal is a two egg omelette with a little grated cheese and salad. I will drink even more water this evening. I really can’t understand what is going on at the moment with my out of control weight gain. However, this weight gain cannot continue. My blood results were all normal! I can’t blame my thyroid, I have found maintenance really difficult so now I am officially out of maintenance and back to full blown BSD and am considering this to be week 1. My weigh day will be Monday next week and I will post my loss. . Would love to be back in control and back to maintenance at the end of the road trip but I am a medical mystery so anything could happen along the road. How is everyone else doing? When I started BSD in January 2017 I lost 4lb in my first week, I am aiming for 4lb off by Monday next week, watch this space everyone…….. I am on a mission. BSD take 2…..

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi Cathy and Roadtrippers
    I’ve let things slide a little so that I’m maintaining rather than losing – so I need to get back ON IT!! #comeon!

Kerry

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Cathy, Welcome back.
    The topic of rate of weight loss has come up on a number of threads recently. – I think these two links may help you understand what is likely to be going on with your weight.
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/fasting-and-growth-hormone – While the article is about fasting, it applies when eating low carb and keeping insulin under control.
    This article on body composition may also reassure you.
    https://idmprogram.com/why-does-body-composition-matter-women-and-fasting-part-4/
    Over the last few months I have been experimenting with one of the cheap breathalysers from Amazon, (Under £9) which you can use to monitor ketones. – It means I can test throughout the day how deeply I am in ketosis and how each food type effects my own reading. I came across an interesting idea in one of the research papers I posted a link to yesterday. They were researching the accuracy of doing breath tests for ketosis because it was a technique to reassure people trying to reduce body fat levels who were struggling in confidence because of fluctuations in body weight caused by the fluctuations in water retention from varying levels of carb intake. By enabling people to test to confirm that they are in fat burning mode it reassures people that they are improving body composition (when they are eating less calories than they burn) even if the scales are not showing a weight loss.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4737348/

on

Thanks JGwen for your scientific knowledge and encouragement. I always appreciate your advice. I will go right back to basics for a couple of weeks and see how I do with 800 calories and my usual 16:8. I think I have to pare back my calories as well as carbs to achieve weight loss and then will experiment again with maintenance. I have found maintenance to be really tricky. if I can get my weight back to where I want to be I will just have to be stricter in maintenance and maybe do a regular, weekly 36 hour fast. One thing I know is that I will not allow myself to put back the 42 lb I lost. I am creeping up and up slowly so now that will be dealt with over the next few weeks and then I will start some maintenance experiments. Ive had two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar tonight with my water to try and help the weight loss. No coffee and chocolate/nuts for me this evening just another glass of water.

KerryP- #comeon! – love it! Let’s do this Kerry.

• posted by Denise susan
    on

# come on , clarinetcathy and KerryP I am with you. I have also seen things sliding in 2019, fast in the wrong direction! I have just got back from my trip to Gibraltar where I stuck mainly to the principles, but who am I kidding!! Too much alcohol, 2 sausage breakfast with the portions to match, nuts then you conveniently forget the crisps, chocolates that went with them!!
    I also started again today !! Did HIIT All good Till late afternoon when I had Birthday cake with a friend!!
    So fresh start again tomorrow!! #comeon xx

on

Denise Susan
    We have all got time to make a difference and change the course of the next few weeks to a downwards trend! I am so committed to getting back to where I want to be and with the help of the knowledge on here and the support for each other we can do this together. #comeon is an awesome mantra for those of us who are struggling at the moment. Go back to day 1 and start again. That’s my mindset at the moment. Day 1 was a success.. day 2 tomorrow.. #comeon …….

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Ok! That’s at least 3 of us who need to reboot – I wonder how everyone else is doing??
    My reasons for wanting to get back to it properly are …
    1. I feel so much better at 15lbs lighter and will feel even more amazing if I lose another stone.
    2. When I eat sugar, my varicose vein is really itchy – sorry, TMI, I know – but i’s true.
    3. I love not feeling bloated.
    4. I love feeling that my appetite and food choices are under control.

Have a great day everyone! I’m going to do my best to have one!
    Kerry X
    #comeon

on

KerryP

Here are my reasons for a much needed restart
    1. I feel and look better 10lb lighter
    2. I don’t like feeling out of control which I seem to be at the moment
    3. I know how easy it is to put back the weight if I take my eye off the prize
    4. I don’t understand how to maintain my weight so need to learn this lesson

Day 2 of the restart and back to basics for me. Black coffee and water until lunchtime. Egg and cottage cheese salad for lunch. Yoghurt and raspberries.
    #doingit

Cathy

• posted by Granny
    on

So glad to see that the forum is getting back to more activity…….don’t know about anybody else but I know I respond better when I feel ‘accountable’ ! My total loss since the start is 10lbs and as many have said I feel and look better too but need to speed my weight loss up if I am to reach my target. Denise, CC and Kerryp love the hashtags and yes back to basics is the answer. Restocking my cupboards today and the weathers getting much better here in the UK so no excuse for putting my walks off . Good luck everyone #reboot 💪

on

Denise Susan, ClarinetCathy and KerryP I’m in!

Still have half a stone to lose to reach my elusive goal. Really want to do this by Easter in time for my birthday celebrations just after that – but also because it’s been my goal for so long and I’m just annoyed with myself for not putting in that bit more effort to get there by now.

Like others have said, I also feel much better when I stick to plan: much lighter in every sense of the word. And more in control.

I’m travelling today but home tonight so will reboot as of tomorrow. I also plan to really step up the exercise as I’ve gradually become a total couch potato over winter. But now the weather in the UK is picking up I have no excuse!

Good luck everyone #wecandothis!

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Thanks for replying!

K

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Great to hear from everyone. I also agree it’s so much easier when we are posting and supporting each other. The weather feels warmer in the UK and we have even enjoyed some sunshine, so lets keep positive and put the blips behind us.

For my part I have been a little quiet getting my head together, on the job front I had an interview on Friday already and another next week so feeling far more positive. as far as weight goes I have been fighting with the same 2lbs on and off for a few weeks and finally down to 10st 5lbs this morning so hoping this is now a continuing downward trend!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Everyone
    Count me in, too. I’ve had a bit of a tricky time recently keeping any sort of focus on BSD. I’ve been away from home caring for my SIL, now we are in the middle of a mini-crisis with one of our children (well, he is having the crisis and we’re trying to support him). Anyway, the positive is I’m home for a couple of weeks and hopefully that will mean I’m more in control of my routine.
    So, I’m also going to reboot from tomorrow. I’m going back to BSD basics. I’m going to shop and menu plan today, and make some soup which always helps me stay on track. I’ve just checked and there is time to get an 8 week stint in by Easter.
    Go well everyone
    Jennie xx

Edited: sorry, meant to say take care to Kazzee xx
    CleverBlonde – my best wishes and good luck with the interview xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Oh, and I meant to say, I bought MM’s new Fast 800 book yesterday. For anyone with a kindle and in the UK, it was only £3.80 on Amazon. I don’t really bother with the recipes so happy to have it on kindle. I’m hoping the new research will help with the reboot!

• posted by Jordana
    on

Count me in. I really need to up the ante and crack some great results. Starting afresh with a walk at lunchtime and aim to be 2 stone down by Friday 19th April. #comeon!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hey CC 🙂 Nice to hear from you 🙂 Please . . . Chill my friend just for a second – catch your breath and sit down 🙂 Give yourself time to accept the shock/revelation . . . and consider this. Its all a learning curve and there is no point in beating up ourselves when we have been busy and know we may have been able to do things differently. I hear you about the scales BUT what about the clothes? How are they fitting . . .? Are they tight or as they were . . . because Ive just weighed in after maybe a month . . . nothing doing there but 11cms have gone been burnt discarded from my girth 🙂 I read you have had quorn sausages . . . I checked and it seems they (certain types and brands!!!) – have quite a large carb content . . . 11.6 per 100gms . . .? (Pork ones much less.) Just something to check if you havent already 🙂 Also onions have been fund to be hiding a few as well !!! Sneaky old humble onions!!! Glad you are back on track . . . many here to encourage and support you . . . and we do care about travelling buddies 🙂 Welcome aboard for the second leg of your journey 🙂 Accept a hug and . . . .Quack Quack 🙂

on

Hi again and nice to see a little flurry on here! Jennie I like the idea of another 8 week stint!

Just had a bit of a curve ball as my doctors surgery phoned and want me to go in tomorrow as a recent blood test indicated raised cholesterol . So I’ll see what they say about diet but a quick Google shows up eggs and cheese – two of my diet staples – as high in it. Will report back tomorrow but sounds like I need to be stricter about fats in my next round of BSD!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Dreams I read recently that cholesterol is not necessarily a factor for concern. We need cholesterol . Eggs have been exonerated . Don’t assume you have to banish fats but keep the carbs low.
    I will try and find a link to a video so you can go to your doctor’s with the most recent information and resist any medication

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi Jennie – it’s tough when your children are going through it – both mine seem far more of a worry now than when they were small.
    I try to tell myself that if I look after myself, I’ll look after them better too – and not reach for the chocolate when it all gets too much!

Kx

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hey!

The forum should help us get through the tough bits – it’s great to hear from everyone!
    Keep posting!

Kx
    #comeon!

on

Am firmly in ketosis on day 3 of my 800 bsd reboot! Thought it may take a little longer but I am being text book good! I have made cottage pie with quorn mince and cauliflower mash for my tea for when I get home after my clarinet lesson tonight. Will have some broccoli with that. It looks delicious.

Hope everyone else who has committed to a restart is doing well and sticking to basic principles. It’s amazing that after only 3 days I already feel so much better. Couldn’t get off to sleep last night but this always happens to me when I go low low carb.
    #comeon
    looking forward to seeing some positive news over the next few days!

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi Cathy
    Well done on getting properly back on track! It’s the thing I find hardest when I’ve strayed.
    I’ve been pretty good today, although slightly higher carbs than I would like.
    Kerry
    #comeon

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi CC – Sounds like you’ve made a great start – good to hear you’re immediately feeling so well. I’m doing well too although I only started my re-boot properly today. Early days but I’m determined. I’ve had 803 cals and 21g carbs and am now done with food and drink for today. I’ve done 9,890 steps so a skip and a jump around the bedroom and I’ll hit my daily 10k steps goal!

Kerry – you’re right, it’s so tough to see your children upset, particularly when you can’t do too much about things – anyway, now I’m home things are a bit calmer and hopefully everything will get sorted. Hope things go well for the rest of this week.

Dreams – when I did the BSD first time round my cholesterol also went up. It was higher than it should be when I started (total cholesterol was around 6.2), it then went up to about 7.0 – this was during the months I was losing weight – it was tested again during the time I was maintaining (about 18 months) and it had dropped down to 5.9. I’ve read that this can quite often happen while doing low carb. Btw, as well as the links wendleg provided, there are a few old threads on here about raised cholesterol it might be helpful to read. Hope your GP appointment went well.xx

#comeon

on

Kerry
    Where you’re doing BSD properly it’s so easy to stay on track but like you say, once you’ve veered off it’s so hard to get to it back again. Something clicked or maybe snapped with me on Monday when I realised how far off the mark I was. It takes a few days to get into the swing of things and once the hunger is under control it’s so much easier.

jennie10 – well done for your restart. It takes about three days I think for your body to get back on track with BSD. I am glad that there are a few of us in the same boat helping each other back to bsd basics. Even the old timers like me are learning every day from the helpful people on here.

Tomorrow is my day off and I am going to sit with my low carb vegetarian cookery books and plan some nice meals. I have become a little bored with the foods I’ve been eating recently so need to mix things up a bit. It’s hard being vegetarian to get a lot of variety.
    Once I get back to my goal weight I am going to be in need of serious advice for maintenance. But that’s for another time. I am determined to be at goal for my trip to the Health Spa on 1st April. It’s good to have the encouragement from each other on here and I know we can do this. I’ve done it once and it’s even harder second time but my
    Iron will and determination will get me to where I want to be. #comeon has really made a massive difference to how I feel so thank you for that small but very wise and inspiring and hashtag Kerry!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy – good to see you back in the game 🙂 I’m sure you’ll see some results by April, I remember your iron will and determination from our early days together 🙂
    I’ve been yo-yoing up and down over the last month or so. Health has been a problem, after my RA flaring up I had a week long tummy bug, now I have a headache and sore throat 🙁 Could be worse i now (and have been there!), but I hate feeling off and no energy etc.The 2+ kilos I lost last week went back on as soon as I began eating normally (BSD normally that is). So my results so far since 2 Jan is about 1kg loss overall 🙁
    To be honest though, although I have been eating to plan, I’ve been having about 1000-1200 calories per day. That amount, although not a lot, is more like maintenance for me I think. So from Monday I’m going to do another round of 8 weeks and 800 calories. I want to go back to basics and weigh and record everything, also try and do 16:8, or at least 14:10.
    It is hard to stay motivated sometimes – I look around at my skinny colleagues and family members and they are eating cake, biscuits, hot chips, in addition to meals, -basically whatever they like. And I eat healthily and small servings and i’m still big! Anyway that’s life I guess, I’ll just keep plodding along.

on

Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell SueBlue. Well done on the 1kg weight loss and nice that you’re still plodding with us. A few of us have started again this week going back to BSD 800 basics, as we are struggling too. There are some familiar names from when we started, dreamscometrue is with us so you’re in great company with some of the January 2017 starters. Today was day 4 for me so this is a perfect time for you to join in with us. I have started writing a daily diary and today I did 9,959 steps according to my iPhone. It would be more than that but I don’t carry it around for every step I take! I know exactly what you mean about colleagues at work. They eat what they want. Having said that some of my colleagues seem to be getting larger and don’t seem to care. I get a lot of derogatory comments and ridicule about the food choices I make and they have seen me eating this way now for over two years. I sometimes wonder if they are a little envious that I am resilient and have determination that they don’t. We are investing in our health.

Get your book out again, look back at how far you’ve come and keep plodding with us. #comeon.

• posted by Kerryp
    on

Hi SueBlue

Sorry to hear you’ve been under the weather and hope you’re back to full form soon.
    I feel your pain about being surrounded by slimjims who eat car more than I do! It’s not fair, but hey ho.
    My plans to be super back on plan have been slightly scuppered by my eldest returning home for a few days with a broken arm, because I’m cooking more than I would otherwise. Never mind, life will return to normal soon so I can stop maintaining and start focussing on losing again.
    Cathy – well done for getting stuck in properly. You’ll soon see some progress for your efforts!
    Hi Jennie – thanks for your kind words and for keeping in touch. It all helps!
    Keep it going team! #comeon
    Kerry x

• posted by JGwen
    on

It isn’t the slimjims that bother me, – its the people who have been talking to me about my weight loss and about their health problems caused by their weight for over a year now. – Are they waiting for me to fall off the waggon to make themself feel justified in not stepping on the waggon in the first place?
    ——–
    I have a new thing about shopping, Its suddenly occurred to me that I have never yet seen anyone else queueing at the checkout in the supermarket who is eating keto / low carb. – It surprises me that I haven’t bumped into anyone else locally eating this way.

Please log in or register to post a reply.