Izzy's 8 week diary :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Izzy
    on

My scales didn’t budge this morning, but at least they didn’t go up so I’ll accept it haha, as if I have any choice! I know I’m 95% following the plan so the results are otherwise out of my hands. Tomorrow is official weigh and measure day so fingers crossed for then.

Having my morning herbal tea before I wake up the boy. Thinking this diet has also killed any caffeine addiction. I used to drink several cups of my old favourite lady grey tea each day and a few cups of normal tea at work. Now I still have one or two at work but only herbal at home, and I’m off fri-sun, and don’t miss it these days at all. I will still have one or two at work though.

I’ve a friend starting BSD today as well, so wishing him luck incase he reads (I did point him in this direction) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Breakfast this morning was yoghurt and strawberries
    lunch is spicy tomato soup, crackers and cheese. (soup in my new flask, better stay hot this time lol)
    Dinner is going to be something chickenny. not sure what yet.

Have a great day πŸ™‚

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

Definitely better than going up haha

My 1st weigh in is tomorrow, feeling sceptical after not having a perfect weekend but we shall see πŸ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Good Luck Rachel, Hope you get a nice surprise and lose lots!

I’m conducting an experiment for dinner…. I will report back later!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Dinner was good πŸ™‚

I’ve pondered the grief over the loss of chilli Doritos, that I previously would have eaten in copious amounts with chilli (and rice, but I miss the doritos more…)

So… I used a slicer to cut carrot crisps, tossed them in salt, chilli powder and a teaspoon of olive oil, baked in the oven till turning crisp. They were good! only problem is they shrink a bit so you don’t get too much bang for your buck but still… enough to kill a craving.

I made chicken chilli to eat with it. One chicken breast cooked with a small onion, crushed garlic, two chopped tomatoes (I threw in skin and seeds I’m not fussy) and chilli. Cooked it till the tomatoes turned mushy and saucy and it was also yum.

My friend seems to have got off to a great start today as well. Happy Mondays πŸ™‚

• posted by thepolly
    on

Hi Izzy,

did you cut the carrots lengthways? I really miss parsnips πŸ™ they’d make great crisps but they have a high sugar content I think. Maybe celeriac chips would work though. Hmm may have to try that πŸ™‚

Am mostly not eating for 23 hours at thye moment to see if the longer fasting period helps. It definitely makes me drink more

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Izzy – I’ve been using raw white cabbage for dips instead of bread, lovely and crunchy! I’ve had it with hummus and taramasalata, (and spread with marmite), but I’m sure it would go well with salsa too – and lower carb than carrot.

Polly – I’ve just got in, was about to cook, and realised that I’m really not hungry – so a 600cal day with 40 carbs, and if I don;t eat until about 9am tomorrow, that will be 20 hours.
    The BBC had a program on a few months ago where they’d researched with a test group the impact of breakfasting later, and having an evening meal early, with no snacks, effectively giving a longer overnight fast on a daily basis (as opposed to 5:2)
    its no longer on iplayer, but a write up about on the link below:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35290671

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thanks for the ideas πŸ™‚

I cut the carrots lengthways and thinly, but they might work better cut like chips (fries for the americans among us) I miss parsnips too, but I think a little would be ok.

I don’t often fast for long, only on weekends it is a later breakfast, so I might go 15 or more hours sometimes.

I’ve just ordered 4kg of almond flour… pancakes coming up lol, and more experiments!

Now I think I best head to bed, feeling sleepy, night all

• posted by Izzy
    on

It’s official weigh in and measure day!

scales haven’t moved since yesterday but as that is still a 2.5 lb drop this week I can’t really complain. Forgot to to FBS before I’d eaten so I’ll skip that this week as it isn’t needed.

I’ve lost another inch off my waist, 1.5 inches off my bust making 3 in total from waist, 2.5 in total from bust and 2.5 total from my hips. I’ve also been measuring one thigh and it’s down 1.5 inches in total as well, no wonder my work trousers are looser πŸ™‚

In other work trouser related news I have discovered that when they are too tight… the zip falls down. When they fit perfectly (which was for maybe a fortnight) the zip stays up, and when they are too loose… yup the zip falls down haha. Oh well. I have two pairs waiting but they are two sizes smaller so don’t fit quite yet but it won’t be long.

breakfast yoghurt and strawberries,
    lunch cheese, crackers, tomatoes, cucumber, branston pickle.
    dinner… something made with pork mince. I’m thinking maybe stuffed courgette.

gotta go, bye all.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

LMAO
    Izzy I do something similar re pants.
    When they are too big they fall down
    When they are too tight they don’t go on
    When they fit, they usually only do it for a month then see “when they are too big”
    πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

1st weigh in 3lbs down πŸ˜€

Not as much as some people have mentioned on here but I’m happy as its still 3lbs closer to my goal than I was a week ago, definitely motivated to keep it up!

Well done on the 2.5lbs!!

• posted by Frog
    on

So much for skipping supper & fasting because I wasn’t hungry last night!

I ate a piece of cheese at about 10.30 pm – only 30g, but more calories than the planned omelette and salad.
    Sometime after midnight, TWO packs of Nairn’s snackers – OK not as bad as cake or chocolate, they’re about 100 calories a packet and 13 carbs, but I’m still cross with myself.

Oh well, today is a new day, albeit one that started 0.2kg heavier than yesterday , and I had the omelette for breakfast.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hey Izzy!!
    I always read all your posts first things when I get up (5am this morning!) to start my day even if I don’t have time to respond right away.
    So proud of you for sticking no with or and another 2.5 lbs lost and those inches too! Wow! It shows how we must measure for sure because we can lose inches even if not too much weight. A doc just told me the inches lost is amazing for me as it’s typically 1 dress size per 10 lbs.
    we are melting girl!!!!! Yeah!!
    Re the trip – doing super good re the food plan and calories and carbs. Yesterday was funny (see my diary on here as I will post there next). Tummy went back to wonky again though. Hubby having the opposite problem most have.
    Have a wonderful day and a stone will be gone for you this week for sure!!!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by Izzy
    on

Haha Bill, at least my work shirt is long enough to save my dignity, for now at least. If they fall down I will think of you lol.

Rachel 3 lb’s is great keep going and see what you can lose this coming week πŸ™‚

Frog, it’s ok I ate a small biscuit today, bad izzy! but still neither of us fell of the wagon in a big way so I think that’s still a success. I gave the kids pizza and stole a piece of pepperoni!

Happy I’m sorry your tum is still troublesome I think it might be worth seeing a doctor soon. Are you still taking calcium?

well I need to go cook, back later to read some threads πŸ™‚ (forum addict)

• posted by Izzy
    on

I decided I didn’t fancy the pork mince so I’ve had some of my spicy lentil soup instead. I’m suddenly deflated, tired and low πŸ™

I think I’m just tired, my son woke up at 4 this morning upset and I hadn’t slept well anyway. I’d like to go to bed early but I’ve arranged a grocery home delivery so I need to stay awake for that. Could arrive anytime in the next 90 mins. As soon as it all gets put away I think I shall collapse into bed and hope I am back to bouncy Izzy in the morning.

• posted by thepolly
    on

Boo, hope you get some good sleep in. My BS seems to like the long fasts as I had a pre-meal reading of 4.6 which was nice. but then 6.6 two hours later.

Thanks for the link, Frog! ‘The Obesity Code’ (which I love) also says about alternate day fasting and even has an extreme case of a guy fasting for over a year constantly with just supplements – and under doctor supervision/with vitamins.

I may have a stubborn scales but have got into trousers that were stupidly tight before and they aren’t elasticated and are a little loose too.

Izzy, maybe a strategic safety pin would help with the zip in between getting new trousers πŸ˜€ I was really weepy feeling last night. but also bleeding at the moment so maybe that’s a factor too.

Dinner was a huge salad with smoked ham (maybe why bs went up 2 post food), blue cheese, celery, little gem lettuce, vine cherry toms, radishes and spring onion with olive oil and cider vinegar dressing. Just ate the last bit of 100% chocolate too

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hope you are getting some extra sleep
    right now!! Hugs!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thankyou Polly and Happy. I woke up a lot, and am still tired this morning but not feeling so low. I’m not an especially moody person but I’m surprised at sometimes how I can go from high to low quickly πŸ™ but I just get quiet rather than anything else. I have to remember sometimes that I am still on anti depressants for a reason and it’s still a recovery. I am a million times better than I was 6 months ago.

I’m half way through my working week so only two more early rises then another rest (aside from the kids lol)

Last nights grocery delivery brought me a tub of fage yoghurt I’ve seen a lot of the others mention. Had some of it for breakfast with a satsuma in it, very lovely thick and creamy, the nearest place that sells it is a car drive away unfortunately, and I don’t often get a home delivery as my husband gets most of our shopping at the place he works. I do pass a place that sells it at work though so I may ocassionally pop in then.

lunch will be cauli and bean soup (and a couple of crackers)

dinner will be trout and something. dunno what yet. We don’t eat enough fish so I thought I would get some for a change I really like trout. I was also thinking that if I crush up some of my almond crackers that they may be a reasonable substitute to coat chicken/meat? I may give it a trial at the weekend because I still have loads left and I’m not sure they would still be good to eat after that long. They still taste fine just now. Next time I may adjust the recipe to make half as it is only me who eats them here. Hopefully my almond flour delivery will arrive soon too! maybe in time for a few weekend experiments!

off to surf trout recipes for a few mins before work!

Have a great day my friends πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Izzy, you are getting like me with the sleep pattern as since day 3 I have slept much less. It was 4:30am when I awoke this morning after 6 hours sleep!
    And we eat fish daily since we don’t eat other meats. Haha
    Good luck with the trout recipes, let me know how it turns out for you!
    I never used to eat crab ever really and now eat it everyday on this trip. Not with drawn butter like in New England but just crab cocktail with a little cocktail sauce (it’s like tomato with horseradish I think and I only use a teaspoon). That’s why I was so short on calories yesterday because crab and fish really had no calories hardly unless you beat a fattier fish like salmon.
    Your soup sounds really good!! You must live far from stores but glad you liked the fage!!!!
    Hugs for a great day! And good sleep!!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by Izzy
    on

I have enough fage for 5 days eating lol, but have yeo valley ones still to eat too, I’ll need to check the dates on them to try and minimise the waste I might end up with. We live in a small village and we do have a small supermarket but it’s range is limited.

The nearest town isn’t too far only 20 mins in the car, nearest city is 40 mins. I like where we live though I’m not really a city person. Don’t mind visiting but wouldn’t want to live in it.

with tonights trout (I just baked it in the oven) I made some salsa, and baked some carrot and courgette in a little olive oil and chilli. It was nice.

I’ve headed for another early night as I’ve still felt tired today, but only one more early morning before my days off again.

On a more positive note I had to go to the library tonight with my daughters overdue books grrr, so I had a nice long walk around our village as it was a nice evening. Despite feeling a bit tired it was an enjoyable walk. I have a long walk planned with my friend tomorrow night as well (probably 8 miles again) so I hope I feel less tired tomorrow!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hey Izzy,
    I hope you get your energy back soon! Must be fun living in a village. I live in a small town but grocery stores are just a couple miles away.
    You are doing so well!!!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m not as well rested as I would like as my daughter was sick late last night so I was on edge all night but she didn’t come back so I’m hoping she has had a settled night. No school for her today but Dad is home so I can still go to work, and I’m off tomorrow.

I love our village! It feels like the best compromise for me because it is still small enough that you can walk from one edge to the other but big enough to have schools for primary and secondary children, shops for most of your needs, take-aways, pubs and hairdressers lol. I like being able to walk everywhere. There is a small forest that is nice for a walk, a railwayline, views into the hills… I do love it. Not enough people appreciate what is on their doorstep. I only need to drive 20 mins in the car and I can be at one of several beaches, or 20 mins in the other direction to be in the hills and forests. We don’t have great weather for the beach but I love going for walks on two of them in particular, they are usually very quiet and you just see the odd dog walker so I can enjoy the solitude. There is an old graveyard at one of them I like to have a wander around too. Yup I’m weird!

Todays food has been fage yoghurt which I am really enjoying! will definitely make an effort to get more, this morning was with a few raspberries.

Lunch cheese, pickle, almond crackers, cucumber, tomatoes.

Dinner… something made with chicken. Maybe using the left over salsa from yesterday but not sure yet.

• posted by Frog
    on

i’m jealous Izzy – there will be things I miss, but looking forward to moving out of London
    the village I have in mind sounds a similar size – the only thing it misses is being close to beaches.
    Off to Dorset, near the coast, tomorrow for a long weekend though, which will be great,

Hope that you made it thru the day and that your daughter is feeling better

Donna

• posted by thepolly
    on

Frog, I’d love to move TO London, I’m in the Rhondda and bits of it are beautiful but I really dislike the nosiness (friendliness) that goes with it and like to keep to myself. Although I had a lovely walk with my friend and her dog earlier. Only 1.9 miles though. Where we walked is in danger of being bought by a quarry though even though it has woodland, a meadow and rare flowers. πŸ™

Dorset does sound lovely though

Izzy and Happy I’m the opposite. Have been waking up and then going back to bed. Not really healthy I know but I feel that it’s quite healing.

Need to up my exercise a lot more as I stopped doing it while I visited my other half for a week. Mostly due to pulling some muscles in my thighs and resting them. Will introduce more exercise soon πŸ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

I hope you enjoy Dorset Frog!

I’ve never actually been to London, but I would like to visit one day. I couldn’t imagine living in such a busy place though I like a quieter and calmer pace of life.

Polly, if you are feeling tired then it’s best to sleep when you can. When my depression hit a few months ago I was in bed by 8pm every night for weeks, it was just what I needed to do (among other things) to start to heal.

Well tonights dinner was yummy yummmmm

I sliced a chicken breast and dipped in egg, then dipped in crushed almond flour crackers that I made last weekend. Then I baked them in the oven. You could fry them I guess but I was saving on calories.

I made this sauce (hope the link works)
    http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/chicken-katsu-curry.aspx

and I made a little courgetti

and all together it was lovely. Hubby had his with rice and now wants me to cook it again lol. I will but not as often as he is requesting (every second day haha)

I’m down to two crackers left so I guess I know what I’m doing with my day tomorrow, as my almond flour has arrived woohoo πŸ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

thanks Izzy – I’m a bit worried about sticking to BSD while I;m away though!
    I had a long conversation with the friend I’m staying with about what I can/can’t eat.

I’ve loved living in London, and the brilliant thing about being able to live so centrally is that I don’t spend hours commuting, but after 30+ years here I am starting to get itchy feet.
    I had a job outside of London a few years ago, I kept my flat here and rented near where I was working – SIX miles from buying a pint of milk! The first weekend there I did the biggest supermarket shop ever – just so I didn’t run out of anything.
    Here I have mini supermarkets – Tesco, Waitrose and Sainsbury within a five minute walk, open til around 11pm, plus a couple of independent 24 hour supermarkets about ten minutes away. Big temptation if I get cake or chocolate cravings late at night!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Frog, I used to live somewhere smaller without a shop and found it frustrating having to get the car out every time I needed something small I’d forgotten to stock up on. I like small places but I also like a bit of convenience and I like to walk. Our shop here is quite good and open til 10, so no cake after then lol.

Now, can I have a drumroll please?! thankyou…. I have a minor announcement. IZZY HAS CRACKED THE STONE MARK….yay I’m down 1lb since Tuesday so that’s me lost 1stone and 0.5 lb πŸ™‚ very pleased. I guess I’m one of those candidates who will only lose 10% in the first 8 weeks, maybe even a little less depending on the next 2.5 weeks. I need to lose another 3.5 lb’s to hit my 10% so it is both possible and just as likely to be just under. I guess we will see, but I’m not too worried in fairness. Happy to have lost a stone and happy to keep going.

Not sure what the day will hold for food, I haven’t planned yet. I will check in later πŸ™‚

• posted by Collie
    on

Well done fantastic so happy for you have a great day x

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thank you πŸ™‚ I’m feeling very positive!

My daughter wants to make cupcakes, so those will be something I just can’t eat. However I’m itchy to make some stuff with my Almond flour stash so I’ve downloaded a few recipe books.

So.. I’m going to make a pizza for lunch (almond flour base)

I’m going to make salt and pepper crackers

and breakfast bars full of seeds and raisins (I know I will need to watch the carbs in these)

I think I will try at least one new almond flour recipe each week in an effort to transfer the kids over from wanting high sugar/carb/shop bought biscuits cakes and cereal bars. Have you noticed even the ‘healthy’ ones are full of sugar and carbs.

This plan seems to work well for us, my husband likes the higher protein things for after workouts etc, and I just add extra carbs to his plate. My son pretty much eats anything and the experiments I’ve done are hit and miss with my daughter but I’ll celebrate every hit πŸ™‚

I’m hoping that if I find enough healthier recipes that she likes (she likes almond flour pancakes) that in time I can stop buying wheat flour altogether. Elena’s pantry is a great website including even recipes for proper cakes so don’t even need wheat on birthdays lol.

right off to the shops I go for the ingredients we are missing!

• posted by Izzy
    on

only trouble with the almond flour pizza base is it’s high in calories. So today I’m going to allow myself 1000 calories but the carbs will be low still so I’m pretty sure a flexi day will be ok πŸ™‚

I’ve eaten half of the recipe and that was plenty I feel really stuffed! I topped it with tomato puree, mozzarella and a few slices of pepperoni, my half pizza was 435 calories but only 5.1g carbs so it was ok. I may eat the rest tomorrow or get the kids to try it. It was nice but obviously a bit high in calories for us just now.

If I hadn’t eaten breakfast it would have been ok, and I don’t want to skip dinner. I know some people like to fast but I know if I don’t have my dinner I will be hungry and more likely to eat something I shouldn’t. I’ve had 633 calories so far which isn’t too bad really. I can probably have a nice meal tonight and stay around 900.

Obsessed? me? lol

• posted by thepolly
    on

Yummly.com is a really good site, have found a load of recipes on there and you can filter it in the search bar, I tend to put in low cal, low carb. My latest search was for chickpea flour and found a lovely baked onion bahji recipe so may try that tomorrow πŸ˜€ Also a few chickpea cracker recipes.

Have fun making cupcakes.

My only frustration with some ‘healthy’ recipes is the use of sweeteners or dates that I’m trying to avoid. They are even in the low carb and free to download book on diabetes.co.uk (which also has a big low carb community)

• posted by Izzy
    on

thanks Polly I will have a look, I love browsing recipes lol.

I don’t mind adding a little sweetner to things I know Michael Mosely suggests trying to curb the sweet tooth and I do but I think at least making most of the suggested changes is going to be enough to make a big lifestyle improvement πŸ™‚

I won’t be eating any of my daughters cupcakes and when I make the breakfast bars later it will be with tomorrows breakfast in mind! the recipe makes 12 so they will go in a tub to be saved. If they are good they would make a handy quick lunch as I’ve worked them out to be about 185 calories and 6.2g carbs. I had been thinking of buying some protein bars but never sure really if they are good for you or not, but something made at home I will know what is in it.

I try to have a quick walk during my lunch break but I only have 30 mins, and by the time I park up and eat I can only do a 20 minute walk. Something fast like a bar would give me more step-ability, but ya know they might turn out yucky.

• posted by fiftyfifty
    on

Hi Izzy – I like Elana’s Pantry too. Last weekend I made her carrot cake recipe and it’s a keeper!
    https://elanaspantry.com/nut-free-paleo-carrot-cake/
    I made these as muffins, so reduced the baking time to about 25 minutes (and left out the currants).

I’ve also tried a few recipes from a site called CookEatPaleo which have also become part of my new repertoire.
    The paleo recipes often use ghee, but I use coconut oil instead and the results are good.
    Favourites so far are:

Lemon & poppy seed muffins
    http://cookeatpaleo.com/lemon-poppy-paleo-muffins/

Blueberry muffins
    http://cookeatpaleo.com/blueberry-paleo-muffins-recipe/

Chocolate brownies (great as a desert with a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry on the side)
    http://cookeatpaleo.com/easy-paleo-brownie-recipe/

Enjoy experimenting with your almond flour πŸ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thank you fifty! I have to admit I was eying up that carrot cake when I was browsing. She does a recipe for carrot muffins as well, and I love the silver dollar pancakes.

I’ll certainly be having a look at that other site as well πŸ™‚

I think if we want BSD to become a way of life and not just an 8 week thing resulting in re-gaining the weight once we’re finished then it’s important to look around and find things we enjoy making and eating, and to give us the variety so we don’t get bored.

• posted by fiftyfifty
    on

No worries Izzy. I want to try the pancakes too soon!
    Have a good day (you’re doing so well and I enjoy your posts).
    Bedtime in Australia πŸ’€

• posted by Izzy
    on

sleep well fifty πŸ™‚ sweet dreams and thank you

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Izzy, and

hi fiftyfifty – sleep tight😴

Thanks guys for pointing me in the direction of Elana’s pantry, some of those recipes look fantastic…yum!

My serious carb/sweet addiction has kept me from exploring any baked foods during the BSD800 – at least for the time being – but it is wonderful to know that there are some great recipes waiting for me in the future – something else to look forward to!

I plan to keep eating the BSD way ( in some form) forever. At 6 and a half weeks in – I have a way to go to get to my healthy weight and off all medications – I get nearer to that goal each day!

Thanks for inspiration,

Imogen🌻

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m almost 6 weeks in Imogen so we are similar stages! I still have around 3 stone to shift but BSD makes me believe I can do it! I’m not sure I’ve ever felt this confident.

It’s funny but with things like the pancakes etc I work out how many I’m going to have for a portion, I’ve eaten them and enjoyed them but because they are lower carb and higher protein therefore filling… I really haven’t overeaten them. Same with the crackers etc. I may have had the odd one extra but not like during a craving.

In other news I have a pair of jeans a bit smaller that I couldn’t get close to fastening a few weeks back, I can get them zipped up now πŸ™‚ they are still not comfy enough to wear but I reckon another 2 or 3 lb’s is all I’ll need yippeee!

• posted by Imogen
    on

Izzy 😊well done so far!

I have lost 22lbs though it is not always consistent. Had a period of three weeks in a row where I lost zero, tends to be a bit erratic despite sticking to low carbs and below 800 calories
    I may have to play around with my carb levels a little, as on a rare occasion I have gone above on carbs and this has been followed by a higher weight loss!!!… Anyone else experience this I wonder…any explanation??

Pleased with effects on my blood sugar levels which have been much more stable and reducing!

Enjoying the whole BSD eating plan…so much happier to be in control of my food choices at last.

Imogen🌻

• posted by Izzy
    on

control, yes that is how I feel. In control more than I ever was πŸ™‚

you’re ahead of me in lb’s lost but I’m used to my body being a tortoise and don’t mind anymore lol

I hope your 22 lb’s has made you feel much healthier πŸ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

evening all πŸ™‚

Well I’ve exhausted myself out on that walk with my friend, done over 27000 steps today, food ended up not that high at 870, and my pickled eggs that I pickled a couple of weeks ago are great! I managed to spill half a jar of vinegar though and the kitchen stank of it haha.

Time to sleep, my hips hurt tonight so I hope they settle down.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Morning my lovelies πŸ™‚

Had one of the breakfast bars made with almond flour for breakie and it was nice but a bit too crumbly and a bit small for the calories so I’ll probably leave that one in reserve for down the line when I’m having more calories.

My daughter has the baking bug, so I’ve suggested she make something from Elana’s pantry website and she wants to make ginger cookies. These are made with almond flour and they have honey in them and yacon. I haven’t got yacon so I’ll add an extra spoon of sweetner I think. 1/2 cup of honey per batch so I’m hoping when I work it out once I see how many it makes that it will be ok for me to have one.

I’m also going to make crackers because I didn’t do it yesterday, and I wanted to do the carrot muffins that fifty suggested yesterday but actually with the other stuff we’ve made they wouldn’t be eaten fast enough and I’d hate to waste such yummy things!

for lunch I’m having soup and maybe a coconut flat bread

and for dinner…. well I have an experiment planned. I will report back later!

• posted by keeptrying
    on

very interested to know how those recipes turn out for you
    I am starting to use coconut and gram flour for the first time

I made a gram flour flatbread yesterday which is quite nice except there is an awful lot of it just for me

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’ve enjoyed the coconut flour and almond recipes more than the gram ones πŸ™‚

The ginger biscuits are ok, but daughter doesn’t like them so as I’m left with them we probably won’t make them again! I don’t think my husband will eat them either lol. Ah well. Only 55 cals and 5.6g carbs so not a big sacrifice to have one now and then!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Izzy!
    I had no internet or phone on the central California coast so couldn’t get online. I see you are playing the “I want carbs and am gonna have them somehow” game still which I just can’t do. Good for you if it all works out and you can still reach your goal for your weight and BS. For me I know if I go over at all the cravings will kick back in and I want to reach my goals as quickly as possible for my health. 😍😍
    I am super careful and still keeping carbs around 30 every day. Down 18 lbs now in 4 wks and 1 day as dropped another one today. Although you congratulated me for 22 lbs that was someone else who has lost that in 7 weeks I believe.
    We did add 1/2-1 cup of boiled potatoes the last two days as our carbs were two low just having fish and vegies and we felt it.
    Still on the trip another full week and we are now carrying a cooler with smoked salmon, berries, and grapes for our breakfasts and then eat dinner out each day.
    Today we are meeting up with my cousins in Ojai who are down from Florida. Never been there but my cousin picked a restaurant with food I can eat.
    For our 18th anniversary we splurged and got an ocean view room with a super nice pool at a hotel and swam for 2 hours yesterday. I am always the biggest person at the pool but we don’t care. We just get in and have fun and everyone else can worry about how they look. Ha
    Oh, what’s your travel blog??? I am excited to see it and have a couple hours in the morning each day as I get up about two hours earlier than my husband.
    Hugs to you and once I am down to normal weight I will have you help me as to how to make crackers and such.
    Wishing you the best always!!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by Izzy
    on

Sorry for getting mixed up about the weight loss, I’m easily confused sometimes!

Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary that’s great it sounds like a wonderful trip, and you are quite right to just enjoy the pool regardless of size. You know they always say the thing that makes a person truly attractive is confidence and you have that in bunches!

I know I’m playing a carb game in a way, but isn’t all of this in some ways one big mind game? trick the brain into reducing cravings, trick the brain into feeling fuller etc. In some ways it is less of a game and more just a big balancing act.

In all honesty the new things I’ve tried that are equivalents to the old carby stuff hasn’t made me desire the old stuff. I might think oh that’s nice I’ll have that again about a new recipe, but the new recipes will be good for long term anyway, so if it is a game I think I am winning! If I feel less in control I will change it again, but at the moment I feel like I am controlling things reasonably well πŸ™‚

It isn’t a travel blog so much, it’s just all the local sites I’ve visited (all within a couple of hours drive of home)

http://izzydoesfridays.tumblr.com/

There is a post saying new home with a link to a new blog, which I have started elsewhere as I was having trouble uploading photo’s to tumblr, however I haven’t put much on it yet and all the best stuff in on the tumblr blog. I hope you like having a look and if you want to know anything about any of the places let me know. Although one of the things I love about most of the places is the fact that so little is actually known!

• posted by Izzy
    on

in other news, my poblano chilli seeds have arrived so I’ll be digging out the propogator and planting some tonight πŸ™‚

I get far too excited about chilli babies!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Dinner was yummy πŸ™‚ Courgetti bean bake! gonna add it to the recipes.

• posted by thepolly
    on

You can never get too excited about growing things πŸ™‚ made the onion bahjis last night but I think they spiked my blood sugar too much. Really not sure why as the flour shouldn’t really be spiking me too much and onions don’t usually. Might try them with red onions instead.

Also had stir fry with bare naked rice, thinly sliced lamb steak, veg and some of my lovely beansprouts which are just so, so easy to grow.

Imogen, well done on such a lovely weight loss. I know in some exercise programmes they talk about carb cycling which is something to do with not having your body adapting to regular carb input. I think it really depends on whether you are insulin resistant to carbs or not. I’m watching mine as I’m trying to be non-diabetic πŸ˜€

HappyLIfe, sounds like you are having a lovely time on your anniversary trip. I’ve always thought that if people didn’t like the way I look then they should look somewhere else πŸ˜€ Not a shrinking violet, me (actually am slowly shrinking but it’s just a turn of phrase).

Have been trying to push the petition on the diabetes.co.uk website with very little success. Still I only put it up yesterday.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Can’t wait for Switzerland to come on line and read my recent blogs.
    Just want to see if my craziness freaks her out or if she knows me long enough to accept it as the norm.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.