Izzy's 8 week diary :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

So if Switzerland lives in Australia and it is on the opposite side of the world.
    And me in England are on the top shoulder of the planet, then Australia is on the underneath.
    So technically Switzerland is standing on her head right now to read this.
    Wow,
    That’s heavy too.

Switzerland when you read this, does the extra blood to the brain
    A help
    B keep you younger
    C help you think faster

So if you are upside down, and you step on the scales, you shouldn’t weigh anything………

Or would you prefer I stop thinking…..

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Izzy
    on

If I was agile enough I’d attempt the upside down on the scales thing lol

alas, I’ve never been great at handstands!

Morning fellow life changers ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great day.

I’ll be back later as I haven’t planned my food yet.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Izzy,

Wouldn’t we all be trying the upside down on the scales thing if we were agile enough!

(Imagine the following 2 sentences read out in my most formal voice). My (our) friend Lucia posted on her ‘My eight weeks’ blog that I could apologise on her behalf for her crashing your blog with her post to me above. I/she/we apologise sincerely.

Lucia’s posts are so great/funny/motivating/friendly that I can see you have taken it in the spirit it was intended.

Have a great day Izzy.

• posted by Izzy
    on

i did think she had posted it in the wrong place, but she is welcome anytime! I do love her wit ๐Ÿ™‚

This is an all inclusive thread ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Switzerland
    on

That’s great Izzy. Best wishes.

• posted by Izzy
    on

So I had half of one of the breakfast bars I made for breakfast. largely because me and the kids were chilling out upstairs in my bed watching despicable me and I’d come down to make a cup of tea. I was hungry and just wanted something fast.

For lunch I had almond flour pancakes, and dinner will be something chickenny.

Just been chatting about BSD with my neighbour. She is struggling with her weight as well and had noticed I’ve lost some (woohoo people can seeeeee)

She admitted that last time she managed to get down to a healthy weight she was living on a slice of toast for breakfast, a slice of toast for lunch and a weightwatchers ready meal at night. That has to be less than 800 calories. I’ve done worse in all honesty. Just not eating at all for a couple of days to lose some. Not that it ever really worked everything was temporary. Anyways it’s all behind me now I believe I am a low carb convert. I’ll send my neighbour some helpful links later and then it is up to her if she wants to give it a try.

My friend who started this week has said he’s had a few slips and is still eating a lot more carbs than most of us here, however he is having significantly less calories AND carbs than he usually would and has lost some weight (he didn’t say how much and I don’t push for info) So I think that is great step forwards for him.

Well I suppose I best go do some housewifey stuff. I cleaned out the fridge yesterday and somehow there is what looks like squashed tomato on the floor grrr. I think it may have been stuck to the drawer when I took it out to clean it.

The weather here is great again today (too hot for us native Scots) so no doubt it will be off to the park again later as well.

Have a great day everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by thepolly
    on

Loving your photos, Izzy. Scotland is so beautiful although I’ve only been to Edinburgh so far (I worked in the festival in 05 I think it was). Have so much more exploring and travelling to do.

Your friend is doing great if he managed to start cutting down on things and probably for most people that’s good enough. It really is like quitting anything bad for you – your head does have to be in the right place.

I had 2 onion bahjis for breakfast with yogurt and sunflower seeds and this evening had a lamb chop sliced up and stir fried with lots of veg and spiralised carrot and courgette. The carrot kind of relaxes when it’s cooked and becomes noodley – sort of.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Glad you’ve enjoyed the blog Polly ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve a bit of catching up to do as I haven’t put anything on the new one for a while but I have done some visits.

Dinner was hunters chicken, and courgetti And I had spare calories so I’ve had a hot choc which was amazing.

I used two tablespoons of double cream, 1 tsp cocoa, 3 teaspoons of caramel syrup. It is for coffee normally but I don’t like coffee. Had to add in calories and carbs for it but it wasn’t much.

I’ve just discovered I have a day off tomorrow I’d forgotten about, so I’m hoping the weather stays good and I can do something nice, child free for once, and I only have to work for 3 days then as my husband is off on Friday I have ANOTHER child free day. This is rare sometimes I go weeks or months without any alone time, so now I’m super excited haha. What to do?

I’ve planned my food for the next 8 days so shouldn’t have any problems this week.

Night everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Morning all ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve had yoghurt and strawberries for breakfast and I’ll be having soup for lunch, then either bolognaise or chilli for dinner I’m yet to decide.

I’ve had a nice walk this morning and spent a little time talking to a friend. Now I have some stuff to sort out for my car insurance, then I’m going to have my soup and then I need to go get my son a new jacket. I’m also waiting for the optician to call me back to let me know if they can fit me in for an eye test this afternoon as I’ve been needing them retested for a while and not got around to it. If not I’ll be scooting around with my camera somewhere ๐Ÿ™‚ not sure where. I thought if I get all the mundane stuff out of the way today then on Friday all I need to do is chill and enjoy my freedom for the day!

have a great day BSD-ers ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

jeez spent ages trying to sort out the car insurance issue and now at a dead end until tomorrow (it’s a bank holiday here so some services not open)

The optician couldn’t fit me in but I’m booked for 0905 on Friday morning which means I will still have free time, but I’ve also booked my daughter in so I’ll need to be home by 1600. That’s ok though.

I’ve had my soup and I’ve got a few hours left so I’m off to see a stone circle ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hey Izzy,
    It’s a holiday in the US as well today, Memorial Day, to honor all those who died in service in the military. B
    Sorry for all your troubles but isn’t it awesome you don’t have to eat over them now? You just deal with them!! Maybe you will get a pod person to help with the car insurance tomorrow!!
    Take care!! ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by Izzy
    on

I had a nice walk, saw a stone circle, went to shops and bought a few things for my son, a few things for my daughter and two new bra’s as my old ones were seriously getting too big. So one black and one white to keep me going until I need another size down ๐Ÿ™‚

Now I’m cooking everyone eggs… I have some spare calories so I’m going to help myself to one of my pickled ones that I made before.

Also, I if you hear of a Scottish woman murdering her husband because he brought home two packs of malteser hot chocolate…. well that could well be me. Seriously my daughter made herself a cup and the smell is awesome! Alas I can’t afford to go near it.

Chilli later I think and some cauli rice ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Good Morning my friends ๐Ÿ™‚ today is a good day to be Izzy!! Of course the day could change as my son is still asleep and I have work but hey right now it is good. The sun is shining and it’s weigh day!

I’ve lost 2.5lb’s this week, bringing my total so far to 16lbs and only 2 lb’s off my 10% so I guess I should make it by the 8 week end. FBS was 4.5. I’ve not lost much inches this week only 0.5 however… I thought I’d try on my other work trousers- the ones that are two sizes smaller? and guess who is wearing them today? yup meeeeeeee! and I’m wearing my new bra which is a size smaller as well. I should probably add that this is not ALL I’m wearing. I’m decent you know.

Last night I made 4 portions of this…http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/273/cauliflower–butter-bean-and-dill-soup.aspx?o_is=SR they are all in the freezer

and 4 portions of this…http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/8212/cabbage-beef-soup.aspx?o_is=LV, one of which I am having for lunch. Higher in calories but a real ‘meal’ of a soup, so no crackers for dunking today lol.

I’ve also discovered that my local shop DOES sell the yummy scrummy fage yoghurt I must have just missed it somehow, maybe they were out of stock the day I looked. Perhaps there are several secret BSD-ers in my village. So anyways I need to munch away my stock of yeo valley ones before restocking on fage. Yes… today is a good day.

Food breakfast strawberries and yoghurt, lunch is soup, dinner will be chicken. Let’s get week 7 started with a bang!

Have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Izzy I am so happy for you!!! More pounds lost and wearing both skinny pants and a new bra – excellent!!!!
    Gotta run now but told my hubby I had to congratulate you before we left.
    Major clapping and happy yells for your success!!
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒท

• posted by Izzy
    on

hee hee thank you Happy, but don’t hold yourself up from fun times for my diary lol it would still be here later ๐Ÿ™‚

ended up being held up at work grrr but I’m home now.

half way home I entertained thoughts of getting a take-away but thought … NO. Later in the week we may have a take away but it will be planned and although I know I will go over on calories I’ll keep my carbs low. Hubby is off this week so we will try to have a movie and chill out night. I’ve got a recipe to make a low carb naan, so I will make myself one of those to have with a main course from the Indian takeaway.

If I had gone to the takeaway tonight, in a rush as I was I’d be more likely to make a bad choice. So once the kids are in bed I shall be making something with the chicken and that will be good.

My friend who started last week says he has lost 7 lb’s, even though he has had several slips. He knows he has had considerably less carbs than usual (if not as low as most of us) and is trying to make better choices when he does slip. A family friend of his passed away at the weekend so I think he has done really well considering.

my calories are lower today so I may finish my evening with a hot choc later ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m enjoying my hot chocolate ๐Ÿ™‚

Dinner was chicken fajitas, using cabbage leaves as wraps. They were great but I think I will cook the cabbage leaves more next time.

Feeling a bit tired so I think I will take my hot choc to bed and watch some more x-files, not watched an episode in a wee while ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Goood Morning BSD!

I was going to have pancakes today but I forgot to take the batter out of the freezer, so yoghurt and strawberries it is.

Lunch I have some tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, pickle, crackers.

dinner will be pork stir fry ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m tucked up in bed watching Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium. I like a kids movie sometimes. I’ve also forgotten to take pancake batter out of the freezer again so it will be more yoghurt or maybe eggs for breakfast lol.

My husband has been experimenting with different types of milk, and I have discovered I quite like almond milk, so next time I fancy a hot chocolate I’m going to see if it works with that. A lot less calories than normal milk and lower in carbs too.

Well I’ve nothing else to report today so I’m off to watch the mooooovie. Night all, see you tomorrow!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Morning all ๐Ÿ™‚

I had forgotten about the breakfast bars I made at the weekend, so I’ve just had one of those for my breakfast. I have soup for my lunch and I’m making courgetti bake for dinner ๐Ÿ™‚

Today should be a quick day. I have a job planned for the morning that will take up most of my available time, then I have a two hour meeting – where I think lunch is provided but I managed to avoid it last time. I’ll eat my soup before I go in and just drink cups of tea. Then there will only be a few hours left of work and my working week will be over.

Tomorrow I’m getting my eyes tested and then I’m meeting my niece to spend a little time with her. She is nursing a broken heart ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Izzy
    on

I managed to avoid the lunch yay, and I’m just back from a nice long walk with my friend again.

Going to have a nice hot choc ๐Ÿ™‚

Tomorrow is mid-week weigh in!

• posted by Izzy
    on

mid week weigh in showed zero loss ๐Ÿ™ week 7 plateau lol but no matter I will keep going. However I’m wearing those size smaller jeans as I tried them on and they feel ok!

I’ve had my yoghurt and strawberries and I’m running a little late so don’t have time to pack a lunch before leaving to get my eyes tested and then meet my niece. However I need to be home by about 3 to sort out the final bit of my car insurance and to then take my daughter for her test so I will just have a late lunch. Hubby is cooking for him and the kids tonight so I may have an experiment dinner as it will just be for me but not sure what yet.

I’ll be rummaging about with my niece to find a stone circle I’ve not been to before ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

It’s been a funny old day. At the opticians I discovered I should have glasses for reading so that’s a chunk of money gone just like that lol.

Then I went and picked up my niece and we went off looking for the stone circle I wanted to see and as we drove along my car started getting noisier and noisier so I pulled into a carpark for a look to find a nice flat tyre. So swapped it over with the spare, but there is another chunk of cash for getting a new tyre soon.

We found the stone circle which was lovely and then home, finally managed to sort out my car insurance properly and took my daughter for her eye test to find that she also needs glasses for reading so right there is yet another chunk of money ready to be spent lol. I’m broke! We have to go back tomorrow for her to choose what she would like.

I’m just grateful that we have what we need and can pay for them, albeit that we don’t have much spare we are fortunate enough.

I’m off now to fit a fan in our bedroom. We used to have a pedastal one but it broke and we haven’t room for it really so I’ve bought one that fits on to the wall. I also have a blackout blind to fit as it’s too light just now. In Scotland we have long hours of daylight during summer. So I best go get it done!

I had cheese, tomato and crackers for lunch. Chicken and cashews with cauli rice for dinner, and I’m going to try and almond milk hot chocolate later ๐Ÿ™‚

Night all.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Welcome to reading glasses Izzy and glad you found your stone circle albeit I don’t know what it is!
    We have long days and its light till 10pm here also but I love it!

• posted by Brisbane67
    on

Hi Izzy
    I am new to the forum and have read your forum in entirety! It’s wonderful! Your depiction of village life makes me want to move tomorrow!
    Keep up the blogging, your words are inspiration for others.
    Kind regards

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Happy ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m not minding the idea of glasses as I do sometimes get headaches so if they help with that I will be happy!

WeeScotty are you local? I’ve been to that circle you posted it’s a really nice one. I was at tyrebagger yesterday and Binghill last week but those aren’t as well known.

Hi Brisbane, welcome to the BSD! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed my diary. I do it for myself really it helps keep me on track but I’m happy that it helps anyone along the way. I’m so glad I stumbled across the BSD. It is changing my life and the changes will continue as I’ve a lot still to lose!

Today I’ve had yoghurt and fruit, planning chicken coated in crushed almond crackers for dinner later, with some curry sauce.

Lunch will be a minor challenge… I’m taking my daughter back to the opticians to choose her own glasses as she couldn’t see properly yesterday (eye drops) and she has requested a girly lunch. So we’re having lunch out. I don’t know where we are going or what I will eat. I will not be having bread/pasta/potatoes in any form though – that much is decided ๐Ÿ™‚ my friend may join us and we may have a walkie too.

right gotta go as leaving soon.

Have a great day people ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by weescotty
    on

Izzy. I’m in Perth, just picked an image from t’internet that was a good explanation for HappyLife. I have the ingredients for the ‘silver dollars’ pancakes. However I really should finish Spring cleaning the kitchen first. Would be good if I could do both. Sorry you have had such an expensive week. “Things can only get better ” as the song goes.

• posted by thepolly
    on

I’ve worn glasses since I was 7. Skint at the moment so can’t afford contact lenses which I like for skyping my bloke as then you don’t get the monitor reflection on the glasses. I think it looks sinister lol.

I’m VERY short sighted but glad I got diagnosed with type 2 as I’m not able to work towards correcting that and not letting my sight degenerate any further – yay.

Been trying to find ways to stop the quarry buying up the land me and my friend walk her dog on. It’s beautiful. Maybe I should start a blog. I found this site http://www.plantlife.org.uk/wales so will contact them and ask for advice. It’s possible that there are some rare plants there and that would then stop the quarry going ahead. there are definitely a few meadows and diverse woodland so there is hope. Apparently the cost to nearby human life is not a problem and the local council are the ones that both own this land AND get to decide whether or not to sell it – vested interest, anyone?

I bought The KetoDiet Cookbook this week and it just arrived. Going to make the slow cooker beef korma from it possibly tomorrow as I need to defrost the meat first.

Glad everything’s going well with you and you got some precious ‘me’ time in x

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi weescotty! Perth is only about an hour away from my home. The nearest stone circle to you I think (of the recumbent type that are special to this area) is in Dundee but I’ve not been along to that one yet! I think it’s the only one I know of that is really near houses, most are quite isolated.

Polly I don’t fancy contact lenses but I know what you mean about the reflection. I’m sure your guy won’t think you sinister haha.

Well it’s been a nice day so far, got my daughters glasses ordered and went for lunch I was determined to stick to my plan and did (mostly)

My daughter had scampi and chips, and I had a gammon and cheese salad. I stole ONE chip lol. I also had a lovely herbal tea. Hannah had a rocky road cake and I had ONE small bite of her leftovers. Left the rest behind so I couldn’t be tempted. I also bought a twisty hazel bush. I’ve always wanted one I love the corkscrew branches. need to decide where to plant it now! We also went for a walk before home.

I’m off to catch up bye for now!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Izzy and Weescotty for explaining the stone circles!
    Have a great day everyone and Izzy hope lunch went well!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Morning my lovelies ๐Ÿ™‚

well according to my scales this morning I’ve gained 1lb ๐Ÿ™

However I could be pre-menstrual so that could be the cause. I can’t remember when my last one was and I’m too lazy to read back lol. I was hoping to lose 2 to get to my 10% this week but I doubt it now. I still have 48 hours and I fully expect the shown gain to disappear but I doubt I’ll lose much, but there is always next week ๐Ÿ™‚ I refuse to be low about it. I have other stuff to worry about. Which reminds me that stress releases cortisol which can be damaging to those of us trying to lose weight. It will level and settle.

Last night I had a revisit from my anxiety. Worrying again about things that happened 18 months ago when my husband was ill with severe depression, suddenly feeling fearful and insecure and generally anxious. Feeling like nothing is fair (but hey nothing is really, in life fairness isn’t really a *thing*) My husband comforted me as best he could but when I feel like that nothing really works. I’m still taking my medication and trying my best to look after myself and regain my health but it still jumps up and bites me in the ass.

I still feel a bit low this morning and had a relapse of tiredness. My husband woke me getting up this morning at 0845 (not deliberately) when I looked up he said our son was up and told me the time. I asked him if he minded if I slept on and he said no and hugged me. I went back to sleep having strange dreams and woke up at 11. This is how I was at the beginning of the year, I’m not quite as low or tired as I was then but I hope it is temporary. I thought I was recovering well from my own depression but I guess I’m not quite there.

Some may think I am too open about that side of me but I think we need to talk more about these things in order to reduce the stigma that sufferers feel. I want my children to grow up knowing that depression is not weakness or failure but an illness. It can be treated and a person can recover. There needs be no fear in admitting we have it.

So back to the food and stuff. Yesterday I had two baking experiments… I made these…
    https://elanaspantry.com/carrot-muffins/

I didn’t like them they were very eggy. Maybe the yacon would have helped them I don’t know I substitute some sweetner.

So, obsessed with a desire for carrot cake I then made this…
    https://elanaspantry.com/carrot-cake/

It turned out great but I don’t think the rest of the family will eat any so if I try it again I will reduce it in size as unfortunately due to calorie counting much of this will end up in the bin which is a real shame ๐Ÿ™ I will see how well it lasts. I may try making small individual ones. or see if it freezes…Yes I think I will slice some into calorie counted portions and freeze. I do like my little experiments!

I also used this to coat our chicken for dinner.
    http://lowcarbyum.com/gluten-free-coconut-flour-chicken-tenders-baked-paleo-recipe/

I made it basic without all the optional ingredients and it was nice definitely something to use again.

Thinking ahead I have only 9 days left of my 8 weeks. It sounded like a long time at the beginning but as soon as I started I could see it was going to pass quickly and it has. I was thinking of my future options. Do I want to stay on 800? in some ways yes. I know it is the fastest way to achieve. However do I want the freedom to eat a little more… yes I do. Do I want to slow my already slowish weight loss? no! I’ve loosely settled on a kind of compromise plan. I think if I can stick to 800 5 days, and allow myself 2 (or even 1) day per week when I can eat more but still staying low carb I think that could feel good to me. I may play around with it in week 9 and just see. I think even just one day per week would actually be enough. hmmm.

• posted by science monkey
    on

Hi Izzy,

I read the BSD book and took some inspiration from your recipes and diary and decided that the BSD was for me and convinced my fiancรฉe that the BSD was the way forward for both of us.

I had put on about 6kg (a stone in old money) since quitting one job and hunting for a new one and the other half had never managed to shed the weight after she had our daughter in September 2014. Neither of us is diabetic, but we both knew we had to lose some weight and now was the time to be doing it. This was just over 4 weeks ago……

In that time I’ve managed to drop from 109.6kg to 98.9kg this morning and my fiancรฉe has dropped 5.5kg in the same time. This is while wrangling the wean (toddler) to and from crรจche, starting a new job and buying a house. Neither of us has felt hungry, tired or lethargic whilst on the BSD; although we have both had days when we went OTT and had a snack we shouldn’t have. The only downside has been getting rid of baggy clothes that don’t really fit any more, but the upside is the wardrobe of too-small clothes now fits ๐Ÿ™‚

So we have the second half of the reduction phase to come and we both have a bit more weight to lose (me; 6kg and the other half wants another 3kg to disappear). I’ll post again so anyone that wants to hear the end of the story can (maybe my post should have started with “Once upon a time….”.

Thanks for the inspiring recipes and for sharing your experience which helped give me the push.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Ah you’re welcome science monkey and well done to you and your partner! another scottish person I’m guessing from the ‘wean’? lol

BSD is great ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m sure you will both reach your targets!

• posted by Izzy
    on

You know one of the things I love about BSD and Michael Mosely? I was thinking about it the other day. It isn’t about the money.

Obviously he will have earned cash from book sales but he hasn’t exploited his ideas for richness.

You go to weight watchers or slimming world or any of those and it’s ยฃ5/ week for the support of a person to weigh you and give you the advice that we get from the book (which is a one off purchase) then the website and the group support is all free.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

I agree so much Izzy! We are saving so much money on this program! We can use it to buy our new clothes! ๐Ÿ’œ
    Also agree re your sharing about your depression and I hope it’s better for you soon. It’s important to let people know there is nothing shameful about any health issue. Period!
    One thing: maybe your meds need adjusting since you are doing so well in the diet.
    I can’t believe you are playing with the carrot cake. You have got guts girlfriend! I couldn’t do it. Eventually it would drive me to the cake shop to buy one. I have to be super strict which makes my life simple. Simple is best for my program.
    I lost another pound today! Finally back on the downward trek again and glad to be home after the 2.5 week travels! Yippee.
    See my diary for my goals this week and let me know your thoughts!
    If you feel down imagine I am there smiling and laughing with you about our success and giving you a big hug!
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ’–

• posted by Izzy
    on

Morning all ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve popped over to your place for a snoop Happy and I think those plans are great. Love the idea of imagining you smiling and laughing with me ๐Ÿ™‚

Well yesterday we went out with the kids to a local beach (it was HOT enough- in Scotland!) We had a great time playing in the sand and myself and daughter went in the water too but my son was too scared lol.

I wore a long dress I bought a few years ago and I felt huge but it was hot and I didn’t care. I normally go out always hiding in jeans and feeling too hot and not really able to paddle, I didn’t want that to be my story. Anyways the dress is now a bit too big but I have a couple of ideas of things I would like to do.

The past 1.5 years in my attempt to recover after my husbands depression have drawn out my creative side. I’ve written a childrens book (and more to come- not published but ya know- maybe one day) I’ve dabbled in painting and discovered I CAN paint! and now I’m interested in modifying/adapting/customising clothes. So much of my big stuff will still be sent to charity but I’ll be keeping some for my new little project ๐Ÿ™‚

Maybe I will start another blog, to show before and after pictures ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m still not quite my old self but I’m getting there. Perhaps to a new, better self. Certainly I’ve found that being creative is something I love. I’m tired today as I slept badly but that often happens on a Sunday I think I’m scared I will sleep in lol.

Well I best be off and wake my son! have a great day!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Today’s food yoghurt and strawberries, lunch cheese and salad, dinner … dunno what to call it lol. Bolognaise mince layered with cabbage leaves to make a kind of lasagne with cheese on top.

Still feeling a bit crappy, argued with husband earlier, but had a long walk with friend too so not all bad.

Sleep time now.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I am so tired ๐Ÿ™ it was a real struggle to get up this morning. I hope I’m not relapsing to my state earlier in the year.

I think this could be one of my issues, I get tired, I lose focus and sit around a lot and then eat badly. This morning making my sons lunch he has a lovely bread bun it was so light and fluffy…I wanted it! I didn’t though. How is it that carby things can reach us and make us want them even just through my finger tips? or maybe it is all psychological and driven by memories of such food. Anyway I’m not giving up just because I’m tired. In actual fact probably eating too many carbs would just make it worse again. no no no no.

So this morning is official weigh and measure day. My scales are not my friend! I’ve lost the mystery 1lb gain but I’m sat the same as I was last week. Looking back I can see over the past 4 weeks I’ve lost 5.5lb’s which isn’t amazing but it’s still 5.5lb’s so I will accept it and get on with my life. The bigger 7 week picture is 16lb’s. I guess we will bring on week 8 and see how that goes. If I can lose 2lb then I will hit my 10%, but I really have no control over the numbers I can only stick to the plan.

Unfortunately I can’t measure my body because my husband (who I’m still not really speaking to) borrowed the measuring tape and I can’t find it grrrr!

So. I might just leave it now until next week. It will be my graduation to ‘beyond 8 weeks’ lol

food. Breakfast fage yoghurt and strawberries, lunch spicy mince and cabbage soup, dinner- no idea. I didn’t make my plan at the weekend- bad izzy. It will be BSD-ified whatever it is.

have a nice day everyone

• posted by fiftyfifty
    on

Hello Izzy,
    Hang in there! You have been doing so well, and encouraging a whole lot of other people along the way, but if you’re feeling tired and struggling to maintain your focus you probably need a bit of down-time.
    Be gentle with yourself, and do whatever is necessary to ride out the hard times.
    The good thing about the BSD wagon is that if you do fall off ocasionally it’s not going to be that hard to get back on.
    Take care of yourself.
    Sending you best wishes all the way from Australia ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by fiftyfifty
    on

P.S. I discovered there are 2 different recipes for carrot cake muffins on Elana’s Pantry. The one you posted a link to before are called ‘Carrot Muffins’ (which you said you didn’t like) but she also has another recipe called ‘Carrot Cake Cupcakes’ which I tried on the weekend, and I will definitely be making them on a regular basis (preferred them to the carrot cake recipe too, and they froze well too). Maybe give it a try next time you fancy something carrot-cakey: https://elanaspantry.com/carrot-cake-cupcakes/

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thanks for the encouragement and info fifty! I froze my carrot cake in slices so it will last a while lol. I will definitely look at that recipe because I love carrot cake!

• posted by Izzy
    on

So today I was held up in the morning and didn’t have time to eat my soup, much sadness however it was interesting that throughout the afternoon I didn’t feel any hunger. I did have a few nuts and lots of water.

Dinner tonight was chicken goujons dipped in olive oil and then coconut flour/seasoning. They were nice and my son had seconds! I also had some oven baked veg including onion, courgette, carrot. The others also had sweet potato. As my calories were low I had a hot choc made with almond milk too.

I have to be up and ready earlier tomorrow as a colleague is picking me up and we have a long drive to a training session where I suspect there will be bacon rolls and biscuits. I may choose to eat the bacon roll like I did a few weeks ago and avoid the biscuits. Or I might not. I’ll decide in the morning. I’ve just realised how that reads… I will definitely avoid the biscuits. I just might eat the bacon roll.

For now it’s time for an early night.

sleep well BSD-ers.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Izzy,
    My heart skipped a beat when I read the beginning of your post ‘today I was held up in the morning’….I continued to read and….phew (I thought, wiping my brow)….you were running late. Thank goodness it was just a ‘held up’ in time sense.

Despite your out-of-sync morning you did really well with your food/fluid intake. Well done. I mean it. Even 4 weeks ago I know that something like that would have de-railed me.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow great job today Izzy!! You get a superstar recognition!! Wow wow wow!!!
    Hugs!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thankyou both! I’m determined that I’m not going to let tiredness or unexpected things put me off, or at least if they do not much!

using ‘held up’ to describe delays is everyday language here lol.

I’m sitting here waiting for my colleague with a cup of herbal tea. I’ve taken a water bottle and nuts with me and will be home for lunch before working in the afternoon when it will all be back to normal. Well as normal as I ever get lol.

As I had stolen my tape measure back, curiosity got the better of me so I weighed and measured today. I’ve lost 1lb since yesterday! but I’m still saying 0 for last week and this counts towards week 8. I only need 0.8lb to hit 10% now and lost 17 in total. Most of my measures stayed the same this week but I did lose a further 0.5 inch around my waist.

I’m happy enough with that. Still tired but I’ll commit to a few early nights. Spoke a while with husband last night too and things are calmer there now as well. We don’t often argue thankfully.

OK I best go finish my tea.

Have a great day!

• posted by CornishClaire
    on

Hi All,

I have just started my journey today for a healthier me! I have a long road as I am 7 stone overweight and very unhealthy – but you have to start somewhere?! Just to say I have read through all your blog post and they are really inspirational, motivating and helpful to a newbie…..thank you for sharing your journeys!

Claire

• posted by Trees
    on

Hi Cornish Claire

I’m on week 21 and the BSD is a way of life now — I to had a lot to loose 6 1/2 stone and already lost 4 1/2 stone and now in the overweight BMI category and just bought some size 12 jeans!!! — a bit snug at the mo but in January I was buying size 22!!!

So stick to it it’s abit hard in the first two weeks but very worth it— no food tastes as good as a pair of size 12 jeans or improved health — I know I’m shallow putting size 12 before health but it’s been along time since I’ve bought clothes happily!!

You can do it Claire.

Patrice

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Claire I’m happy that you have enjoyed my diary. I had 4 stone to lose to begin with but it doesn’t matter how much you have to go BSD will work if you keep at it. Don’t let a week of no loss/no loss get you down and make a plan ๐Ÿ™‚

Like Patrice says up there it becomes a way of life really, and well done to Patrice for losing 4 1/2 stone! I’m jealous about the size 12 jeans! I will get there too though and so can you Claire!

Well I’ve had a funny sort of day. I was picked up at 0700 and my colleague drove us to the training that was 2 hours away. We stopped off at Macdonalds and I had an egg and bacon wrap! at 27g of carbs I knew I’d need to be careful the rest of the day. When we arrived at the training I skipped the bacon rolls and drank a few cups of tea and glugged down my water. Then at 12, we began the journey home and soon after I felt sick and we had to stop so I could get some air. I’m not usually travel sick but I had been looking at my phone so I think that caused it.

I got home about 1400, had some soup and although I felt better still not right but went out to do some work anyway, felt gradually worse and was glad to get home at 1715 but I can’t face dinner. I’m sat here with a hot drink of Almond milk, in bed watching x-files at 1800 ๐Ÿ™ I still feel a little sick, headachey, tired, and stomach cramping. (could that be the wrap? not sure. Maybe I’ve caught a bug)

I’ll be trying to sleep early in the hopes I feel better for work tomorrow.

• posted by Trees
    on

Hi izzy

You have had a rough day– snuggle up in the duvet and hope you feel better soon.

Patrice.

Please log in or register to post a reply.