Izzy's 8 week diary :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Ok so I just finished clearing up after a late dinner. The actual taste of the cauliflower base pizza was good but you have to tell yourself you are not eating pizza since it is never going to compare with fresh baked dough. It tastes fine, just different. I also had the 2 girls theatrically turning up their noses at the smell while I cooked the cauli rice in the microwave beforehand (admittedly the upstairs smells pretty yuk still!). They all loved their real pizzas. I always make my own dough, so in fairness what I was eating must have seemed a desecration to them, whereas if compared to shop bought frozen pizza my cauliflower version probably would have stood up fairly well!

My verdict is that I would definitely make it again for several reasons. The recipe I chose permits me to eat a whole pizza loaded with veggies so I really felt full (sorry – the purists and those more cultured than me will disagree, bit I think that the whole point of pizza is that it is the ultimate comfort food! I find it hard not to want to stuff myself when eating pizza, although admittedly less so than pre BSD). I reckon my whole pizza was within 400 cal so good if you have brunch then that for dinner. I chose a recipe simpler than the one you mention Izzy – I saw a similar one but didn’t fancy blowing so many calories just on the base. I didn’t add them up but it seems to me that ground almonds and mozzarella as well as cream cheese in the mix probably adds significantly to the count before you have even thought about toppings. Mine made a good sized pizza and I was sure to bake it well before adding topping and it did produce a pizza you can hold properly. See recipe here http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/39229/gluten-free–sugar-free-pizza-base.aspx
    I used a tub of Tesco cauliflower couscous which I think was 330 g. I steamed it in the microwave then let it cool and then added 1 egg and a big handful of grated parmesan. It worked fine just pressing the dough onto the silicon sheet with my hands and I let it rest till I was ready to bake it. Some complain of a soggy base but mine wasn’t. I loaded it with tom mozzarella onion slices etc and really liked it.

Your crackers sound good though – might try the recipe for them!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Apologies for the epic length of the previous post!

• posted by fiftyfifty
    on

Hi Julia & Izzy,
    It seems to me most of the recipes for cauliflower pizza crust involve cooking the cauliflower first, followed by squeezing out all the excess moisture to ensure the crust won’t be soggy. I tried this method the first time and was disappointed that the base was still soggy in the middle, in spite of my best efforts to squeeze out moisture.

I’ve since discovered another recipe with doesn’t involve cooking the cauliflower first, and works perfectly every time. I’ve made this probably once a week since I started eating this way, and it’s a lot less fiddly!

The recipe is here (I have only made the base, and used my own topping):
    http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/green-pizza-with-a-cauliflower-base/

It makes 2 good medium size pizzas for me. You can also keep one base in the fridge for another day. I believe they freeze well too but I haven’t tried that myself yet, althought I am thinking about making and freezing individual size piza bases….

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi fiftyfifty – thanks for the link. Will try it. However mine worked without squeezing moisture out. I just let the ‘dough’ rest a wee while and gave it a good bake and was pleased it didn’t go soggy. Maybe it worked because I didn’t have much egg? The mix did seem reasonably stiff.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi fiftyfifty and Julia18togo,

Just wanted to contribute to your cauliflower pizza discussion……I don’t microwave it, simply combine all ingredients, form into the ‘pizza’ base and slow bake (160C) for 45 minutes – I then add the toppings, increase the temp and bake until the topping is cooked. No soggy base even when it’s reheated the following day.
    My method was born out of trying to make the whole process a bit easier.
    I use the recipe for cauliflower pizza from BSD recipe page on this site.
    Happy cooking.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks to all for the cauliflower crust tips!

Izzy did you set up your new Fitbit??

• posted by Izzy
    on

morning everyone and yes, thankyou for the cauli pizza info! Might give it a whirl later in the week.

Yes Happy, fitbit set up is fairly easy πŸ™‚ Really like using it! expensive pedometer really but I love it!

Today dawns the final day of week 4. The midpoint of 8 weeks. So what do my scales do today? go up an lb. They had come down yesterday grrrr!

Maybe I had more gram flour pancake than I thought, or too many tomatoes in my salsa (which was unplanned but so nice!) my calories sat at 900 last night and carbs at 74. both higher than usual, but it was a one off. I have to conduct my little experiments during the weekend as I don’t have time during the week. I’m not overly worried. I shall continue to do the BSD-thing and the weight will move when it is ready to go.

The next 7 days are all planned out foodwise (although I may make a cauli pizza substitute) so I am well organised for the week ahead. Lets hope it’s a good one… wish me luck as I head off to wake the small one!

Have a great Monday fellow Life changers πŸ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Forgot to say…

Bluberry gram pancakes for breakfast today

Scotch egg for lunch

soup for dinner

chickpeas for a nibble.

• posted by thepolly
    on

Fab on not worrying unduly about going slightly over the counts for cals/carbs as blips do occasionally happen. I’ve decided I want chocolate so have been busy finding horribly expensive but very high cocoa/cacao content stuff online that consists of cocoa and cocoa butter with nothing else added. The joy of it is that a tiny bit of that will work wonders and not make me want rancid commercial ‘chocolate’.

The plateau thing with the scales is just annoying. I tell myself that it is hormonal or just weight fluctuations in the day. Was being a bit obsessive with the scales the first couple of weeks.

I’m having roast chicken thigh for lunch with salad and then heck sausages with veg later on. Mostly eating twice a day at the moment.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Lots of people prefer two larger meals. I prefer spreading it out it suits me better usually. I think with this to make it a lifetime commitment and a lifestyle change in many ways we have to let go of the numbers and just accept the losses as and when they come. That’s what I’m trying to do anyways.

On the bavk of yesterday’s experiment I had no idea how easy it was to make salsa. I doubt I’ll buy any in jars anymore!

• posted by susieb
    on

Hi, Izzy,

Which Fitbit did you get? I’ve had the Fitbit ‘One’ for a few years and loved it, but I lost it last week. So gutted.
    But now they have brought out some spectacular wrist watch Fitbits and I don;t know whether to get one of those or stick with the One.

How are you getting on with yours?

• posted by nonnie
    on

Izzy, Do you have a recipe for the carrot crisps? I’m mostly worried about slicing them thin enough. Thanks.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I love my fitbit, I got the alta πŸ™‚

My husband has the all singing all dancing blaze, but the face is much too big for a little wrist like mine!

I got a blue band, but I’d like to get the metal bracelet one, make it look nicer for days when you want to feel a bit dressed up.

Carrot crisps I cut using the slicer on my spiralizer, just tossed in oil with some salt and pepper then baked on a sheet until they started to go crispy πŸ™‚ I did some cougette as well but they don’t crisp up as well. still nice though just have to use a fork.

• posted by Izzy
    on

well, today I had breakfast and lunch as planned, and my chickpeas. Then for dinner decided I wanted eggs. So threw together a frittata type dish (added to recipes if you want to know) it was yummy. Forgot to take a picture though.

I’m already on 10000 steps as I had a lunchtime walk, but heading out soon for an evening walkie as well, then when I get home I’ve calories and carbs left so I can have a hot choc if I want as well πŸ™‚

I’m surprised, often, at how far 800 calories can go, when I’m not eating rubbish.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks for adding the recipe Izzy!! You are really doing great – – I will make it when I get back from my trip early in June….
    Keep up the good work! I am taking a traveling scale and my tape measure with me to keep aware of how I am doing and I have planned out many options for eating on the road with everyone’s help as well as am taking my chocolate nutritional shakes for one meal a day to keep life easy….. (I just realized I am having chocolate!! and it’s not causing any cravings!!)

• posted by Izzy
    on

That’s great Happy, being organised is key I think. Hopefully you will have such a great time on your trip that you won’t think about food anyway!

I didn’t feel like a hot choc when I got home (over 17000 steps now) but I’m sipping a nice herbal tea before heading off to bed πŸ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Today dawns day 1 of week 5, meaning I have passed the 8 week midway point πŸ™‚

My weigh in this morning shows me down just over 1/2 lb for this week, bringing my total weight loss to 11 lb.

I’m happy it went down, and I’m still menstruating so maybe I will have a better loss next week (hopefully). I have a long walk planned for tonight as well so hopefully that will help πŸ™‚

I can’t do my measurements because my daughter borrowed my measuring tape and hasn’t given it back! I will do those tomorrow, and I forgot to do FBS, so all of those will be updated tomorrow.

Todays foodies…

breakfast yoghurt and strawberry

lunch scotch egg, tomatoes, cucumber, chick peas.

dinner cauli and bean soup, with a gram flour drop scone.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Congrats on still going down!!! Yeah!! Yippee!! You are doing a lot also so must be gaining muscle!! That’s good as well!!

• posted by thepolly
    on

Well done HappyLife on being organised while away – i’m sure it helps a lot. I tend to throw stuff on the scales as I go along and then see how many myfitnesspal tells me i have left in the day. Not having a good day foodwise as I bought a dip thing that was very high calorie and have eaten it all. The sugar content wasn’t very bad in it though.

Izzy you are putting my feeble walking attempts to shame although I did have a nice 4.8 mile walk yesterday which mapmywalk informed me was over 13k steps. I need to get new trainers as my current ones are vivo barefoot and since i’ve not been walking so much in general lately, the utter flatness of the soles and lack of padding in them is causing me to get blisters – very annoying.

• posted by Izzy
    on

yes I find I need good arch support for a proper walk! I try to get my 10000 every day but I am under sometimes, but the longer walks keep my average high enough!

just finishing my soup before going to pick my friend up.

todays news… I need to find my belt for my work trousers.

I had a few cashews and they tasted really sweet, is this my tastes changing? I wonder?!

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

I’ve basically read through your whole 8 week journey so far lol thanks for the inspiration I’ve just started day 1

• posted by Izzy
    on

Welcome Rachel, I hope your first day went well and you enjoy it as much as I do πŸ™‚

My friend and I walked 3-4 miles through the forest in the rain, we are a weird pair as we actually like it haha.

Warming up with a herbal tea before bed, then bring on tomorrow!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Morning, 5 minute check in whilst I have my morning cuppa.

So todays food is going to be

yoghurt and strawberries for breakfast

cheese, cucumber, tomato, branston pickle for lunch

chickpeas

tandoori chicken for dinner, not sure what I will have with it yet… maybe a mix of baked veg. It isn’t a recipe I’ve used before so we will see if it works out. Here is the recipe

I’ll need to remember to take the chicken out of the freezer.

I still haven’t measured up as I forgot to get my tape measure back πŸ™ maybe tomorrow lol.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/928/barbecued-tandoori-chicken.aspx?o_is=LV

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Have a great day Izzy, I am off on my trip but will try and check in each day. Why don’t you buy another tape measure? I bought a couple on sale a while back so uncoils have one in my bathroom travel bag and one downstairs. Otherwise I could never find the one I had πŸ˜„
    Happy measuring when you get to it !!
    I might try and make tofu with your recipe when I come back. It looks yummy!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

I have several tape measures and can’t find any haha.

Have a great trip Happy!

Well today has gone pretty well, I’ve eaten what I should and am within comfortable limits.

I made this for dinner… http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/928/barbecued-tandoori-chicken.aspx?o_is=LV

except I cut chicken breasts into goujon sized strips and baked them in the oven as opposed to BBQ. and with it I had this….

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/38850/cauliflower-fried–rice-.aspx?o_is=SR

except I didn’t add carrot or pork. Just fried the spring onion in sesame oil, then added the cauli rice, peas, garlic, fried a while, added soy sauce, then the egg.

The chicken was a little on the spicy side for me (husband loved it) but I chopped mine up and mixed it through the cauli rice and the flavours together were nice. A Low carb success πŸ™‚ I made normal rice for hubby and didn’t miss it at all.

Whilst at the shop earlier picking up a few things, I bought some snack type things for my sons daytime snacks at childminder. Cheese straws, flapjacks, and cheesy crackers. I have to admit I had to resist the cheesy crackers. The kids had eaten their tea and wanted some and when I gave them some each I totally could have demolished the packet! However I was about to cook dinner so I distracted myself by getting into that. Now I don’t feel like attacking the kids nibble box at all. It isn’t often I feel those cravings thankfully. I think I was just hungry after not eating since lunchtime. Super pleased I didn’t give in πŸ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m glad I chose today to measure (does happy dance) Ok so I’m two days late for a complete mid-point check in but it will do.

I’m down another pound, bringing me to my first target. 12 st 0. so 12 lb’s gone πŸ™‚ next target 11 st 12, which will be a stone gone, then 11 st 8, which seems an odd target but I like to have lots of little ones as they are more reachable. 11st 8 signifies 10% body weight gone.

I’ve lost another inch off my hips, and 0.5 inches off my bust

and FBS 4.3

everything is awesome. (now singing the lego movie song in my head….)

about to have boiled eggs for breakfast, with soup for lunch later, chickpeas, and pork stir fry for dinner.

Time for my eggs, have a great day πŸ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Yippee for you!! Great job!! Thank goodness you found your tape measure!!
    So happy for you!!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thankyou πŸ™‚

I’ve had my dinner, I was thinking of making some carrot crisps and salsa for tonight as I’m home alone once the kids are in bed, but actually after my dinner I’m feeling pretty full. I’ve been tired today so I think an early bed and a movie perhaps is in order.

In other news… my bra’s are feeling too big lol.

• posted by Izzy
    on

It’s Friday! that means official midweek weigh in for izzy. down 1.6lbs since tuesday πŸ™‚ (now below 12 stone yeehaa)

• posted by Izzy
    on

Todays foodies…

Breakfast yoghurt and strawberries.

Lunch I’m going to try the cauli- pizza recipe that fiftyfifty posted to my diary days ago.

Dinner, I’m going to try the harvest vegetable pie recipe from here, but with a few changes. I have an awesome idea to make a crunchy cheesy topping….

I’m also going to try the coconut flour flatbread recipe.

it’s going to be a great and yummy day πŸ™‚

• posted by RachelBSD
    on

That’s great Izzy, another 1.6lbs and you’re only midweek! I made a silly decision to get on the scales this morning (day 4) and it hadn’t budged which was annoying but trying not to get demotivated, I’ll try again on Tuesday (end of week 1)

• posted by fiftyfifty
    on

Hi Izzy,
    Hope the pizza turns out well for you!
    Let us know…

• posted by Izzy
    on

Rachel I had that last week, or the week before, I forget, it even went up a pound at one point. Don’t let it dishearten you. Week 3 I think it was I lost 1/2 lb only the whole week, it’s common to lose little or nothing for a week or two followed by a few better weeks πŸ™‚

The pizza turned out nicely thanks fifty for posting that recipe. It was pretty easy… not sure I would have bothered following one of the recipes that needed squeazing out through a towel lol!

I topped the base with tomato puree, chopped red onion and tomato, and cheese. My husband enjoyed it as well and we have agreed that next time we fancy a pizza, we will have this healthier version instead πŸ™‚

I’ve decided against the harvest veg pie as once I typed in all the ingredients to my fitbit app it is much higher in carbs than I am generally eating. I’m making cottage pie for the family so I’m going to make that for myself too but without the potatoes. I’ll brown the mince with a carrot, add a little gravy and tomato puree, then my idea to make a crunchy topping is to mix grated cheese with some cauliflower rice and pour it on top (not pre-cooked) I’m thinking it will soak up some gravy as well as being browned on the top. I’ll let you guys know if it works. I wasn’t keen on the cauli mash but I think this will have a different texture entirely.

I was going to try one of the coconut flat breads to have with dinner, but as I had a large portion of pizza I don’t have the spare calories, so I will try that recipe for another day.

• posted by fiftyfifty
    on

Yay! Glad you enjoyed the pizza Izzy.
    I’m keen to try those carrot crisps you’ve mentioned – might do that this weekend πŸ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m thinking about making carrot ‘nacho’s’ by adding spices instead of just salt and pepper. Those with a portion of tomato salsa may just be amazing! But I haven’t the spare calories today… maybe over the weekend though!

I’m having to be good today because I really want a flapjack after my son ate one. Instead I am sitting here supping a cup of herbal tea looking at clothes I might buy when I’m slimmer, in hopes of not giving in to temptation.

I don’t think I mentioned but my soup at work was lukewarm yesterday as my flask is no longer functioning, luke warm cauli and bean soup really wasn’t great. However I ordered a new one yesterday and it arrived today, super fast delivery lol. So next week my lunch soup should be nice and toasty!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Great re your new flask!!
    Sorry you are still having cravings… Hope that changed for you soon!!

• posted by Izzy
    on

well I cracked, kinda. I managed to forget about the flapjacks for ages, but then suddenly I wanted one and went and got it.

I took a bite and I stood there chewing it thinking…. this isn’t nice enough to come off BSD for. So that one bite was all I had. The rest went in the food waste bin before I could change my mind back again.

It was a minor slip, but I know the old me would have eaten the whole thing, even if I wasn’t really enjoying it. In all honesty the look and the thought of the flapjack was much much nicer than it actually was, in reality. I must try to remember that…

I’ve had my cottage pie. Mince with carrots and onion in a little gravy with a splodge of tomato puree, topped with cauli rice and cheese and it was ok, I ate it and enjoyed it but not sure anything comes close to cheesy mashed potato on top! I’m not sure I will bother until down the line when I may be allowing myself potato once in a while. I don’t miss pasta, or rice, or even bread, but I do miss some potato.

Now I have an odd observation. I know that our tastes could change whilst doing this diet, and I know that our taste and our sense of smell are connected, but has anyone noticed their sense of smell being more acute? I don’t know if it is my nose searching out edible things but my daughter made hot chocolate the other day and I could smell it from the other side of the room. Today I could really smell the starch in the potatoes when I was peeling them for the kids. My nose seems a lot more sensitive than before. I guess It could just be a heightened awareness and if it was only food related I would think that but other smells seem stronger too.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I was thinking about having a rummage through my small clothes in the loft (they won’t fit for another 3 stones though) and picking out one thing to have hanging in my wardrobe as a visual reminder of where I want to reach. I have my smaller interim targets but might be nice to have that reminder visible. Might have a look once the kids are in bed tonight.

I haven’t eaten yet this morning, planning pancakes but not sure if I actually fancy pancakes. hmmm decisions decisions!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Izzy
    Yes, regarding a heightened sense of smell – I was walking through my local shopping centre and as I approached the coffee shop, I could smell the sugar from the cakes and it was so strong and sickly sweet😝
    I used to scoff down cakes all the time (mainly ones I made), but I haven’t had any added sugar since I startedπŸ˜€
    It must be working, I’ve lost 8.1kg in 4.5 weeks

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Linda! I’m glad it isn’t just me! This morning I changed the bin bag and the black plastic had a really strong plasticky smell, and when cooking porridge for my son I swear I could smell the sugar in that but I don’t know if that is even possible. Isn’t there no sugar in oats until the body digests them converting them? or are some sugars released during cooking? Thankfully it didn’t set off any cravings.

You’ve done great losing so much weight Linda, if you like to bake have you experimented with any low carb baking recipes? I just made lovely pancakes…

My indecision this morning settled on trying a new recipe I found for almond pancakes and I’m so glad I did they were so lovely!

https://elanaspantry.com/silver-dollar-pancakes/

I had a third of what I made with some mashed raspberries and honestly in the future when I am allowed more calories this would have made a nice enough dessert never mind breakfast! I added a bit of granulated sweetner to the recipe instead of honey. 245 calories, 6.9g carbs. what’s not to like?!

• posted by Izzy
    on

So for lunch, I made spicy tomato and lentil soup in a big pot so I can freeze plenty for some work lunches. I also made the coconut flour flatbread that Bill posted here and I dunked it in my soup. It was very nice and very filling. A bit hefty on calories once I logged it all though but thankfully the soup was low calorie so it’s ok. I think I will make a batch of flatbreads, and instead of eating two at once (I’m sat here totally stuffed) one is really enough, certainly when alongside soup. I’m going to see if they freeze well as I can then take those to work too.

I’m left with 250 calories for my dinner tonight but that should be ok. Planning chicken curry.

I’m also going to finally get around to trying a recipe for crackers, I’m going to try this one…
    https://elanaspantry.com/sesame-crackers/

Honestly with all the new things I’m trying and finding, and liking, I can’t see why I would need to go back. Who needs pasta? rice? potatoes? bread… well, I may go back to having some potato lol but not for a while yet.

I’m now half way through week 5, and realising that 8 weeks really isn’t long at all.

I’ve been very lucky on this, not suffering too much from cravings or ill health of any kind, and not feeling deprived. It’s really worked for me. We will all have a bad day now and then but that’s ok.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Izzy congrats on tossing the pancake!! Way to go!! A second on the lips is a lifetime on the hips they say!

I love your idea to pick one of your thinner clothes and hang it up like a goal to fit into! Pick a piece that makes you feel happy. Anything that doesn’t make you feel happy throw out.

Hugs!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Happy, yes I think I will have a rummage in the clothes pile bags πŸ™‚

Ok so, my good people of the BSD. I made those crackers, and they are awesome. I used mixed seeds rather than sesame just because I had a pack in the cupboard, and they have turned out really nicely. I’ve eaten 3 unfortunately, at 45 cals each! (would depend how big you make them lol) They will absolutely be lovely with some toppings or dunked in soup, or even just as a snack on their own.

Next time I make them I might split the batch and experiment adding different seasonings. For now I’m going to let them cool properly before getting them away as although I feel perfectly able to leave them now and not eat more (I’m already on 685 calories now and haven’t had dinner…) but once the kids see them I KNOW they will be getting munched. Having said that, it’s a healthier snack than many so I might make a bigger batch another day so they can eat them as well.

I might allow my calories to creep a little over tonight. Rather than feeling hungry later and just make sure my carbs stay good.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I ditched the curry plans and had cheese, crackers and pickle for dinner lol. I’m over on calories as I expected today but my carbs are still only 35g and I’ve eaten nothing crappy so I’m still pleased enough with my day. Turns out the kids do not like the crackers, but that’s fine more for me! I have them in an airtight tub so I think they should last pretty well. Time will tell.

Quick Izzy history. 9 years ago I was the lightest I’ve ever been in my adult life having followed lighterlife. (food pack diet) I spent a lot of money and it *may* have been that diet that gave me gallstones but hey… we’ll never know. Anyways I had just got down to where I wanted to be, felt great and looked my best and BAM life threw me a trauma. I won’t bore you with the detail but I suffered a horrible bereavement which threw all my best intentions out of the window. For a time it seemed my weight stabilised at the new low level, but I suspect I just wasn’t eating much. I purchased lots of clothes and enjoyed the surprise I felt every time I saw the small me in a window reflection etc.

However over the months that followed my weight gradually went up again. I was a UK size 10, then a 12, then a 14, then a 16… you guys know how it goes. I was eventually an 18 again. I had clothes in every size and a heap went in bags in the loft, hopeful as I was that one day I’d be able to wear the smallest of them again.

Fast forward to now, when I dragged it all down tonight when my son was in the bath. It was weird looking through it all, with my daughter helping. A few of the larger items may fit soon, and the smallest ones look impossibly small lol, but I remember wearing them. I’ve had a good rummage through and given some stuff to my daughter, and a pile I know I won’t wear for the charity shop.

There was a lovely purple wool coat I remember paying about Β£150 for and it’s still got the tags on. By the time winter arrived it didn’t fit. I’ve kept it feeling hopeful!

I know I’m nowhere near my target, and I know that LOTS could go wrong along the way, but the past month I’ve really felt different about the BSD in a way that I can’t remember feeling about any other ‘diet’

I feel in control of my food in a way I can’t really remember. Even on a day like today when I know I’ve gone over I still feel in control, it hasn’t spiralled out of control, nor will it. Not today anyway. I’m enjoying the food, enjoying the experience. It’s different to my previous attempts at making changes. I can’t quite explain it.

I feel like if I just keep going I will get where I want to be. I don’t know when, it could take a while, but I really believe I can, and I will. I know the road may not be straight and I may fall along the way, but there is nothing to stop me getting back up.

Those impossibly small clothes will become my wardrobe again.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Izzy,
    Your post has really resonated with me. I’ve been doing similar with sorting through clothes. I have to ask – the lovely purple coat, does it fit? Did it end up in the charity bag?
    It’s interesting what you say about the BSD. I feel the same. This time it is different. For me what’s different is that hunger and seeking out food are no longer driving my behavior. I feel so much more in control. eg. when I wake in the morning I’m content to have a cup of coffee and then consider what I’ll eat for breakfast. This is so different to my life before the BSD when I’d wake and HAVE to reach for some high simple carb low fat ‘breakfast’ immediately.
    We live, we learn.
    I enjoy reading your 8 week diary. Best wishes.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thankyou Switzerland, and no the coat won’t fit for a long time yet! it’s one of the smallest sized items. I’ve kept it though. You never know maybe this winter will be the year I get to wear it! I started my 40’s 4 stone overweight, hopefully by the time I turn 41, I won’t be.

I have spent the evening going through everything again, I’ve added more to the charity pile and the rest is sectioned into piles of things that will fit soonish, then things that should fit in 6-8 weeks, and then the smallest things that should fit when I’m done.

The ‘fit soonish’ stuff is in my wardrobe. The rest is piled into a tower in between two chests of drawers where I can see them. The smallest is at the bottom, my aim now being to get to the bottom of that pile adding the things that fit to my wardrobe as it happens πŸ™‚

I’m about 3 stone away from those smallest clothes… but 5 weeks ago, I was almost 4 stone away. That’s a big step nearer!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Gooood Morning >>>>> *bounding in like a woman possessed*

I’m excited. I weighed in this morning and only need to lose 0.4 to hit my first stone barrier πŸ™‚ so surely that should happen by my official weigh in on tuesday.

I just had to scroll back through some *very* silly messages with my friend to remind myself when I pickled my eggs. It was 10 days ago! time is passing so quickly! I can crack open a jar and see what those are like later this week!

Out of curiosity I froze the left over almond pancakes yesterday and defrosted them to see if they freeze well, I just had one and they do, so that makes them super useable! The only downside being that almond flour is really quite expensive πŸ™ and unlike coconut flour you use a lot of it in the recipes. The cheapest I have found is a big purchase of 4 kg still costing almost Β£40. However the last bag I bought which is already empty was about Β£10 for 500g, so a lot cheaper to buy the 4kg and it should last a few months I guess. There are many things I haven’t tried yet πŸ™‚

It’s easier to justify the purchase (I will buy) when I consider it not only an investment in my own health but the kids. They didn’t like the crackers but they do like the pancakes. Being able to give them things like that and knowing they are healthier than the other ones is a nice thing.

In addition, I was easily spending Β£15-Β£20 regularly in a week on sandwiches, crisps, chocolate and other rubbish. I never felt I had to ‘justify’ that to myself, I just walked into the shop and paid. I’m saving money that way anyway lol. Haven’t went to a shop at work for lunch since I started.

I ramble on a lot, I know, but it helps me along.

todays fooood.

Breakfast- pancakes
    lunch- spicy tomato and lentil soup (with cracker dunkers)
    and for dinner I might make some of these… https://elanaspantry.com/carrot-scallion-latkes/ and I have some turkey steaks I might jazz up a bit with some herbs/spices.

and if I have calories left maybe some salsa and more carrots. Might be too many carbs but I will count before I make it. Have a great day BSD-ers

I’m eating better than ever!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Yippee huge congrats on your weight loss. There goes a stone soon!! Yippee!

• posted by Izzy
    on

evening all πŸ™‚

Dinner wasn’t as enjoyable as some of my efforts so I probably won’t do the grated carrotty things again. I still have calories and carbs going free but I don’t think I want anything. See how I feel later in the evening but at least I know if I want a nibble later I can have something πŸ™‚

everyone cross their fingers I will cross the one stone barrier in the morning and not annoyingly gain a pound or something like that!

Please log in or register to post a reply.