Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Right Avila

You aren’t home alone, we are with you, I’m the same I finished the eight weeks on a high, and went weirdo for a few weeks, and struggled to get back on the bus, but I did this week and have lost 1.2 k so far this week, it just needs planning, and I’ve found committing to veranos reboot thread on here good as well you can do it . Jump back on the bus, don’t worry about today, as tomorrow’s a new start.

Keep us posted. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Poppetini
    on

Avila – do you meditate at all? I wonder if a meditation to do with irritable feelings might work for you. There is one is about 15 mins long on palouse mindfulness dot come (soften soothe allow). Might be worth a try …

Be gentle to yourself, and kind. I know my own self-destruct button will be pressed as soon as I see positive results. Who knows why? Not me.

Have a good day tomorrow. Babysteps.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

AVILA on the fast day forum its known as OSI ..oh sod it..that combo of angry with self/ sorry for self and sabotaging things
    Ive done it lots over the years…we’re only hoomin,but its not a nice feeling to have is it ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
    One thing tho,JAN is right,youre never alone on here..always someone around to empathise and offer a helping hand x
    Maybe you set up too strict rules for Oct?try not to be too hard on yrself…
    We all have areas where we dont do as well as we want..there you are,exercising so well and here i am consistently failing to do as much exercise as i could..i really admire the fact you do parkruns,walks with yr doggie etc x
    And that 10% off yr weight will do wonders for yr health! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• posted by shalimar
    on

Josie53 …. the broken stove i have now is my sister’s old one … i had microwave only for the first 5 years in the house! ๐Ÿ™‚

Just got back from the walk in doctor. She gave me a prescription for the sinus problem ….. and i briefly explained my BSD plans and that i wanted some liver and pancreas etc. tests done ….. and she’s sending me for some. Also got low dose bioidentical hormones.

She left my metformin prescription as 5 per day … 500 each pill. I told the pharmacist i was NO WAY taking that much metformin on an 800 calorie diet …. he probably thinks i can’t make the 800 calories!! LOL ….. but it makes no sense at all to take that much metformin … i used to eat 2000 to 3000 calories a day!!!

I’m sorry … but maybe not …. but i am going to test my blood sugars often and THAT number will be my guide. I don’t believe dietitions, doctors and nurses are up on current research. If i was sure that they knew what they were talking about things might be different …. but i don’t believe that they do …. so i really don’t let them bother me. That’s where my stubborness pays off.

• posted by Avila
    on

Yowser – OSI sums it up perfectly!!!
    Poppetini – thanks for the tip, contemplation when dog walking helps me

After a strict day yesterday I am now back where I was this time last week.

Shalimar – I don’t know about metaformin, but I did ease myself off the BP meds when my BP on them was coming too low – but monitored BP everyday. Dr was on verge of giving me a lecture about doing that myself, then I showed him my readings ….

That was a month ago and off to see the nurse for a check to prove I am sustaining a normal BP…. then signed off on that issue at least.

• posted by Antigone
    on

So on my way home today. I’ve been away in a land of edible delights! I was tempted and I ate carbs and drank alcohol ๐Ÿ™ One day I was nearing 2000k! MPG gives me a daily average of 1k an OSI week to be sure! But I weighed yesterday and had not gained – actually lost 2lbs – but I know there is always a lag time between “pie-ing your face” (charming expression coined by DD) and scale movement. It will be business as usual from tomorrow. I was interested in reading your posts above regarding running. I want to start running but feel I still have too many moving parts so it will be my new years resolution. I,m also really pleased to read of your medical triumphs – such an amazing achievement to have control over your health – brilliant. I shall catch up on the threads soon – it will help get me back on the wagon ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Avila
    on

Nurse said my blood pressure was perfect ! Well nice to feel something is…. A powerful reminder of the point of doing this, and why I need to get over my OSI week. Another 2 st to go… so need to set to it.

Antigone – my parkrun was part run and part walk, and once the pack divided most in my range were doing the same. I had a reasonable time but have the physical advantage of height meaning I have long strides so get more distance for the effort.

So find your own best way to exercise as and when – as for moving parts I invested in a sports bra that stopped the worst moving parts, the rest can wobble themselves away.

• posted by Poppetini
    on

Antigone, I shall second Avila’s comment re running … I decided just to try that minute jog/minute walk wearing my jeans, a nice jumper and some trainers (for the first few attempts) and discovered that if I jog slowly enough I could actually do more than a minute.

My very slow jogging (now wearing my daughter’s old joggers, and my hubbie’s t-shirts, I’m an attractive sight) has now got me upto 5km … and when you say ‘too many moving parts’ my boobs jiggle, my hips jiggle, my bum jiggles and my feet barely leave the ground. It feels like an almighty effort to get my feet off the ground, but somehow I joggle my way around our local park, and despite thinking a slow death would be quicker than my jogging, I end up feeling totally amazed at myself by the end. It’s just a wonderful feeling being able to move again. Can’t believe I have the energy or the get up and go. So, if you fancy giving the jogg(l)ing a go, don’t you worry about those moving parts. Just think of the big, ridiculous grin you’ll have at the end.

• posted by josie53
    on

i hate metformin, i have now lost 2 stone bloods petty good so have now dropped to half the dose look forward to more weight loss and less tablets. still on blood pressure tablets

• posted by Avila
    on

Well that has solved the when to eat the rest of the cheese question – I forgot to put it away when my omelette was ready and left the room…. I should have known something was up when the dog didn’t come and nag me for her dinner, and I was so apologetic that I was late with it…. then later found the empty cheese container in the garden… need to tackle her excess weight too and this food stealing is a major issue, last week she beat the childlock on the bin….

• posted by Tizzie
    on

Avila, maybe she should go on to a fat and protein based low carb diet too, excess weight and constant hunger sounds so familiar…..

• posted by Antigone
    on

Thanks Avila and Poppetini for your words of encouragement. I have a mental image of you two strutting your stuff to the Rocky theme! Might try after dark! Just back from holiday though so have a few things to sort out before including running in my daily routine. Avila your dog story made me laugh! Perhaps you should take her running with you lol! I was thinking about the cheesy dog farts that must have followed he he!
    Well done on halving you medication josie – is your blood pressure improving?

• posted by Avila
    on

I don’t know about cheesy farts…. she doesn’t usually sleep that close – but it definitely had an effect on today’s output!

Today’s adventure was coming home from shop, went to put something in freezer only to find the door hadn’t been closed fully and was massively iced up – cue unplanned defrosting session!

But at my sewing class actually got onto sewing not just the pattern and prep stuff – apparently I have sewn plackets, no I didn’t know what they were either, (its the thing that goes up the sleeve from the shirt cuff) but it is a ‘clever thing’ – or foolishness in my pattern choice!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks and welcome back ANTIGONE..pony up and get back on that hoss! ( oh ok if you want to ease back in over the weekend,thats allowed x)
    All this running and jogging and jiggling flesh has made me want to join in somewhat..so i am marching! By my bed so i can collapse onto it..gonna build it up..did it ages ago plus exercise bike,all v gentle to begin with,as part of a hospital programme to help with ME symptoms..and it did help given time and patience

As if it isnt enough that i live opposite two bakeries,two lovely sweet shops, a chinese restaurant, one of the best chip shops in the North West,AND a fab cafe and Italian restaurant close by..PLUS a toby carvery…! We now have right opposite my windows a new shop selling chicken,burgers,falafels,hummus,shakes and so on…open til very late…my windows are open and a lovely smell is drifting across! I hope i dont get tempted into going over for a midnight feast!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
    Happy weekend everybody and sleep sweet xx

• posted by shalimar
    on

WOW Yowzer …. you live life in the happy place!!!

I just had a mindful eating session at the Red Rickshaw Chinese restaurant a few yards down from my house. Very interesting. Did the Raisin Mindfulness exercise with a pod of snap peas …. frankly when you eat them slowly, smell the freshness, it seems like you can taste the color green …. hell i ate a lot less of them than usual.

I ate my deep fried wontons … my very very favorite … with only a teeny amount of plum sauce …. slowly enjoyed the crunch and the beautifully seasoned filling!!!! It took forever … but i had a nice chat with Yvonne the owner/waitress/allrounddogsbody … she looked so tired i really tried to express how she had made my day. All in all a lovely time on a cold and miserable day. and i have some chop suey for supper … i found the chow mein noodles tastless … and the vegetables in Chinese food are still quite satisfyingly crunchy~~

AND …. when i got home from the library the corner store had one box of diet Dr. Pepper left!!

AND …. The Toronto Blue Jays Baseball team is up 5 to 1 in the 8th inning!!

AND …. it’s still only 4:00 pm. here …. still lots of the day left to read and such

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

A very Happy place SHALIMAR if you can afford the cals n carbs! X i am deffo having some chicken wings soon from the new shop…they cant be very calorific can they!
    Oh i Love Chinese food…mmmm…char sui,chow mein,chop suey,noodles,crunchy veg…my fave food…its fabulous! ..Dr Pepper much nicer than coke,,pepsi etc
    Funny story about chinese food.. We have a Chinatown in the city centre..some good restaurants and one or two Chinese bakeries..i went in one of the chinese bakeries one day ..pre BSD!..drawn in by lovely window display of goodies..i saw a jar of biccies labelled chewy biscuits and thought,mm i bet they will be nice dipped in tea! Fortunately. I asked the assistant what were the ingredients that made them chewy..it turned out they were char sui biccies..so glad i dint buy and dip in my tea!
    PS just had phone call from old neighbours asking me to go for posho afternoon tea..my Carb Monster was lurking in the corner rubbing her hands with glee then went off cursing me coz i’ m not prepared to drop this way of eating yet even for one afternoon..have said will meet them post avvvo tea just for a cuppa…luckily they understand i need and want to lose weight..will be time enough next year to incorporate occasional treats/meals out etc..right now i doubt i could manage even a little sarnie…sometimes ithink ive been brainwashed coz i cant imagine eating bread,cake or scones these days yet i used to scoff them down all the time๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท x

• posted by shalimar
    on

Are we twins Yowzer? I have an offer of a fancy English High Tea as well …. i think you just talked me out of it~~~!!!

It’s not like there’s not going to be another offer!!!!

p.s. I love a fortune cookie and coffee!!! But i just had 1 … didn’t ask for any extra cookies to go!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SHALIMAR yep plenty of high tea chances in the future to enjoy!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Calling On the OLD-TIMERS now for advice..CAPTAINLYNNE etc….
    Yesterday evening and this morning not feeling too good. Very faint and weak whenever i move round. I thought I might be hyperglycaemic ( very low blood sugar) so i had an apple and a cuppa with a teaspoon of sugar, tho v reluctant to add those carbs to my days food plan.
    Have been glycaemic just once or twice in the past,and its been immediately fixed by eating a sweet. I have none in my home nowadays!
    The apple / sugary tea hasnt helped – and in my few past glycaemic attacks,my hands were shaky and i was a bit sweaty,but neither of those things today.
    Feel okish but weak when sitting or lying,but moving round,i quickly feel very weak,and things start going a bit black as if i might faint. Plus strange warm sensation inside my ears as if theyre somehow filling up! Anyone experienced this on BSD or pre BSD..i’ m not prediabetic or diabetic.blood sugar levels were great on last tests end september xx unhappy coz want to go to a craft fair! X

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Poor Yowser, hope you rally soon. Lucky had a similar thing happen to her for a few days. I’m not sure she ever got to the bottom of it. Could you have an ear infection? If not, try some high fibre carbs like wholemeal bread to see if the slow release helps…

• posted by Seashell
    on

Does weight loss usually slow a little after the first week or can it continue at the same pace. Just wondering I know things can be different for everyone.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Sometimes it slows down a lot.

As far as i know …. the first week is usually the biggest weight loss.

the amount of weight loss can vary a lot. For instance … if you have to loose 200 pounds over all … it is likely to be more loss per week than if you only have 20 pounds to loose.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Yowzer – sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. It sounds like one of the viruses that are going around. I’d suggest drinking plenty of fluids. As Janet says, try slow-release carbs. If it doesn’t improve, please get medical advice.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks LYNNE ..yeh lots viruses at the mo..i have had a tummy bug twice over the last few weeks that is doing the rounds!
    Will deffo get doc appt if not better by Monday x thought might be hyper or is it hypo glycaemic earlier today ( very low blood sugar) but i dont think so now..think its poss an ear infection if not a bug x

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer, sorry that you’re not feeling great.
    the only times I’ve felt odd since starting BSD is a couple of times when I get out of the bath – happened again yesterday, and I had flashing lights for a few minutes, laid down and it passed fairly quickly.

My Father’s diabetic nurse recommended he kept lucozade for when he had hypos. Hopefully you won’t need them often, but it’s something you could safely keep in the house and not feel remotely tempted – it is truly disgusting.
    I was made to drink some in hospital about five years ago when I had a really bad migraine when coming out of anaesthetic – vile stuff. But his nurse did tell him it was a fast way of getting the sugar.

Hope that you feel better soon.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks FROG x i’ ll get some in and keep in fridge
    When i was a kid,you knew you werent well if yr mum bought a big bottle of Lucozade! Used to be wrapped in yellow cellophane.
    Sorry you’ve had a few dizzy spells too..i’ m always a little dizzy coz of other health probs but not usually so dizzy things start going dark and i think I might faint.anyhoo just had a shower coz have come to the conclusion i WON’T faint! It just feels like i might.
    Exhausted after it,was cursing getting dried and into clean pjs! ๐Ÿ˜„ Hope Youre enjoying the weekend ..beenon any Nordic walks.
    Ps funny Ziggy story! DD emptied his toy drawer coz now he prowls outdoors at night he doesnt bother withhis toys ( he used to flip the drawer handle when he wanted to play) Anyway she put his toys in a shoe box,put the lid on and stuck it under a chair til she decided where to keep it. Got up next day and the box was open and the toys all over the floor!๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ x

• posted by Seashell
    on

Thank you shalimar. I thought that might be the case. Just wanted to be mentally prepared when it occurs. Unfortunately I have a long road to go yet. Thanx

• posted by Avila
    on

Seashell

Yes – week one has the added water.

And the bigger we are the more calories it takes to just exist/maintain that body weight. So the bigger we are the bigger the difference between that level and the 800cal input, the gap being provided by stores. So the larger the gap the more stored fat needed to be used, and so as lose weight the gap lessens so the rate of burn lessens. But the 800 cal gives a good level of nutrients (since we are not taking 800 empty cal) so don’t try to drop below that.

• posted by Avila
    on

I had a day out at at a pointless but compulsory study day, so once in and walked dog I grabbed my food and retreated to bed and duvet to sort work for tomorrow ( all the stuff would have done if not made to be elsewhere). Gabi dog who keeps herself to herself generally decided to jump onto the bed, and even now food is gone she is still here with me, not sleeping and every time I twitch to reach for my water she turns to look at me – I get the distinct impression that she is sticking close convinced I have more food to hand and she needs to guard me to beg a share! Yowzer – unlike Ziggy she doesn’t do toys – only food counts!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hello everyone! How are you all, I am just checking in to let you know I am ok, just got a hectic and… troubling personal situation at the mo which is taking up my time and headspace. Hello to all you newbies too, good luck to you all ๐Ÿ˜Š

I’m still being good, reasonably good, I did have a few vinos last night while watching the rugby league grand final, and then my favourite dart player was in the final, but I had walked for three and a half hours Pokemon hunting with my two boys! My weight loss will have to come at its own pace from now on, I have decided. Being sensible and moving more is the key for me.

I’m also doing NaNoWriMo again this year, so October is prep month. I’ll see you all in December then… ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

• posted by Antigone
    on

Lucky – thanks for checking in. Hope all I’d resolved soon.
    Yowzer – hope you are on the mend and yes, I will be back on the BSD horse tomorrow (still not showing a gain from my dirty week off!) Also back on the real horses tomorrow (after a back injury).
    As I have had a carb heavy week I thought I’d have the left over egg yolks for lunch (made meringue for guests – NOT me!).Low carbs alright but cholesterol off the scale ๐Ÿ™ Looking to reduce blood pressure – not on meds but scared myself recently. Any advice great fully received ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Lucky, good to see you checking in, and I hope your troubles are shortlived. I think you are absolutely doing the right thing, being sensible and keeping moving are the key. Yowzer hope you are feeling better today. My latest pair of JOTF didn’t even make the box before I was wearing them. Decidedly jeans of the present. Antigone, I thought the latest advice was that dietary cholesterol wasn’t the problem. I lose track though given that things seem to be changing so much at the moment in nutrition science.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucky – had to google NaNoWriMo – thought it was japanese and Maneki connected at first, hope it goes well
    Yowzer – mine only seems to be when I’ve had a hot bath, and not every time, so not too troubling. Glad that Ziggy has found his toys and inner kitten.
    Antigone- enjoy riding tomorrow, hope it all goes well
    I did read/hear/see something the other day on cholesterol a few weeks ago – basically intimating that we’d been fed comparable dubious research and ideas on cholesterol as fats, and cholesterol in eggs isn’t bad for you. Are you concerned about cholesterol off the scale from a nutrient reading on MFP/Fatsecret etc, or from a blood test?
    My blood pressure was fine when I started BSD, but it has got lower (but still in normal range) since I’ve been doing BSD – it can change quite rapidly with exercise, stress, etc. Best thing is to be very relaxed when you’re doing the reading.
    Did you do your 24 hour blood pressure reading yet Yowzer?

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Lucky๐Ÿ™‹

Glad you’re OK… hope troubles are short-lived…

You sound very wise – letting the weight fall off naturally, keeping active – good on you girl!! Enjoy your writing spree – I am seriously impressed – how do you find the time?
    Are you still keeping up with your blog? Seem to have lost the link for that, will need to scroll through the post and catch up. ๐Ÿ˜Š

If you get chance, keep us posted…till December then…๐ŸŒป

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I’ve got to be sensible, I’ve come too far to go back now. A few weeks ago I would have said I was struggling… But I’m not. I know low carb is the way to go, but it can’t be as low carb as it has been. Just for me personally, any newbies here, you keep going for at least the eight weeks. I think it has affected my health, and my overall health is more important than rapid weight loss. Also, for me, deprivation is a huge huge issue. If I can’t have it, I want it. If I snap, I’ll eat the whole thing. I’d rather give in to temptation sensibly than have a complete meltdown and binge. We’re all different at the end of the day, our bodies, our needs, and our mental make up. I had pasta the other day! About half the amount I’d have usually cooked for an adult and it was spelt pasta (thanks Tokyo and Janey for the heads up on that one). Dubious colour but nice tasting and as pasta goes, could have been a lot worse. Again, not advocating anyone else doing this but that’s where I am at. Trying to be sensible. Making the right choices. Or at the very least, better ones!

Yayyyy Mix, I am still in my 18s and could do with a few more pounds off to look good in them but oh my days, when I think that in mid June I was in size 24? To someone wearing a size 24, a size 18 is my equivalent of a size 12.

Frog ๐Ÿ˜‚ No, it’s me creating wonderful, crazy people, who may or may not be based on people I know… Any similarity to people living is entirely probable. My second year of doing it after years of saying ‘I want to do that!’ Nobody will ever see it. I’d never send it to a publisher. But it makes me laugh. And for ‘just a housewife’ (that’s a story for another day haha) it was a pretty big accomplishment! It’s fun, it’s completely free and I’d recommend it to anyone who has ever thought ‘hmmmm. I could write a book.’ Autobiographical, dystopian, thriller, chick lit, matters not ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Imogen ๐Ÿ˜Š I have started to make the time for me. I’ve spent long enough being a bloody martyr. Nobody likes them. The house will go to hell until 1st December, then huge clean, Christmas tree up. Sorted. Blogging, my PC isn’t online at the mo and blogger app for iPad is ๐Ÿ˜ก My last posts were about the wedding. I can’t give the link without leaving this page and my iPad keeps resetting so Google Frazzled Shell and it should come up somewhere. I hope anyway lol . I need a new PC tower ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

• posted by Antigone
    on

Thanks Frog and Mix for the cholesterol thoughts. It was a MFP reading and sometimes they are way off. Hopefully BP will sort itself out with BSD.
    Yay! We’ve survived another weekend (nearly!)

• posted by josie53
    on

Hello Lucky its lovely to hear from you again. Hope all is well with you and yours, am still plodding along and have lost 2 1/2 stone have been a size 18/20 for the last 20 something years so have no JOTF.

can’t buy anything in case i lose more weight so will wait for now.

Again lovely to hear from you ,where is Tokyo

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LUCKY youre missed here by loads of us, and more than you’d ever know! But we do understand you need TIme Out x take care and see you in Dec for Christmassy laughter and fun! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„. Ps i feel like you about size 18.. I was edging towards size 24 too so 18 feels lovely and i will be perfectly happy to settle at size 16. Pps..i think you SHOULD send yr work off to a publisher! Oh and yes, you have come too far now to ever go back,but you know yr body better than anyone and youve got into new habits so you wont slide back into those bad old ways i too was guilty of! I know you have got a valid point,coz now i’m finding my bodys reacting in a strange way it never has before,and i have to get to the bottom of it and if its coz i am too low cal,too low carb,for too long,i will need to reassess too x

I feel a lot better today thanks MIX ..yesterday i think i had vertigo,it was really dreadful.i cdnt stand for more than a minute coz everything went dark and started whizzing round?..today its just dizziness and nausea ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„ was able to go out to the craft fair i wanted to go to yesterday,tho must admit felt pretty ropey.
    Will try to get doc appt tomoz. And Well done MIX on yr good results! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

My 24 hr bp test is a week tomorrow FROG ..i wish it was tomorrow! Coz am wondering if my bp is now too low for the amount of meds i’ m on and thats why i am so dizzy and nauseous..i hope thats the only reason coz its easily fixed!

Happy Week everyone! XXX

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer
    Do ask about your blood pressure & meds if you see your GP tomorrow – your GP should make the connection and check it, but do ask about it if they don’t – there’s no point waiting for the 24 hour test if it can be checked now.
    When my blood pressure went haywire a few years ago, I did get lots of dizzy spells and migraines, but i was having problems with all sorts of side effects from meds. A bit like the “old lady that swallowed a fly” nursery rhyme
    Hope it goes well

I had to buy new pants yesterday, and worn them today. Nothing exciting, just a multi pack from M&S, but not the Bridget Jones “big pants” style. All the old ones kept falling down, including the “little” ones that I found a few weeks ago – it somehow feels more of an achievement than smaller proper clothes ๐Ÿ™‚

I wouldn’t worry about the MFP cholesterol Krysia – it will be high with the egg yolks, but that won’t translate directly into your personal cholesterol results. Someone posted here recently with vastly improved cholesterol readings, and their nurse/GP had said it was because they’d cut out all of the trans fats from cakes/biscuits etc, even though their diet was relatively high fat.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks FROG,thats a really good point. You have to ring at eight a.m. to try to get an appt. for Tomoz…so it depends if when i get thru, there’s still appts left!…you ahve to keep pressing redial coz its always so busy!..if not ,I might be able to at least get a phone consultation after surgery. X

• posted by Frog
    on

My GP practice is the same with the 8 o’clock thing – it seems like the most bonkers method ever. If you don’t do the 8am thing, its about a three week wait. Face to face appointment would be better, as they can check your BP there.
    If not successful getting an appointment tomorrow, do you have a local pharmacy with a BP machine? A conversation with the pharmacist could be helpful as a substitute.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser luvvy

Only just seen your post, you were about to faint weren’t you, have you found out what caused it, and how are you now.
    Love jan

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Jan
    How are you?
    I haven’t seen post from you in a while, but that could be me logging in at odd times.
    Hope life is getting more settled – although the things you mentioned a couple of weeks ago both sounded as if they were going to be long term things to deal with.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Iknow FROG! Plus it has to be with any gp,not necessarily the one you want to see. I have an appt early Nov with the GP who knows me best.she is really good so its always at least 3 week wait to guarantee seeing her.
    In my younger days,you just came in the morning or afternoon you needed to see a doc,and sat in the waiting room for yr turn.might as well go back to that really coz with the appt system you go in on time for yr slot,but never get in on time anyways! My last appt i saw the doc an hour after the appt time …not cpomplaining tho,just grateful we stil have an NHS..not sure how much longer we will have
    Good idea re seeing a pharmacist! BOots is just over the road so can ask in there if they can give me a reading if the doc cant see me x

Hiiiii JAN x how are things with you ?x
    yesterday i had what i think may have been vertigo..worst day I ve had in a long time..every time i stood up everything whizzed round and went black as if i was going to faint,but i didnt..imagine the damage to the floor if i hit the deck?!
    My balance was totally off kilter.And no i hadnt even had a drink!
    I’ m used to always being a little bit dizzy and disorientated but this was a total nightmare.
    Not sure if i have an ear infection or if my BP has gone low,or if its something BSD related

i have deffo got a pain in my pinny and my frock’s not well tho! ๐Ÿ˜„ And dont leave me in charge of driving the bus whatever you do! ๐Ÿ˜„

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Frog.

How are things, kind of you to ask, well no 2 son has an appt at guys tomorrow, so hopefully we will get confirmation of what’s happening, the other problem is still v concerning, but hey everything feels better with a lovely BSD day doesn’t it. So I have committed again on veranos thread. How are you doing. Are you on her thread doing the carb challenge.
    ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser
    Are you on b.p. Meds

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yeh JAN on three types bp med,not high doses, but maybe too much now, if my bp has gone down with my weight loss
    Yesterday may be just one of those things that happen once and never happen again
    Thinking of your no 2 son and lighting a candle now for his appt tomoz and for a happy resolution to his health probs..will light another candle for a good resolution to the other concern too xxx
    I hope this bad time passes very soon and your worries are lifted x

• posted by Frog
    on

HI Jan, hope that everything goes well tomorrow.
    I’m well and still losing – bit of a wonky day yesterday eating wise – temporary blip. And as I posted (I think on another thread), even though it felt I’d eaten loads, it was only around 1,000 calories.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

evening all ( particular josie)!!

i see you were asking were i was well i am still around , but am having to relax on the old bsd i found i was not feeling too good and after talks with my drs and after exstensive medical advice have been advised to ease off i did the eight weeks and i lost 11kg so i had a good result but now like the lovely lucky its a different phase a less strict time so yes i have eaten more carbs but not like before i started.
    just been sensible but i did have the new chocolate melting dome from good old m and s last night and it was delish and worth every mouthful !! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
    hope you ok josie ? and still doing well๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by josie53
    on

Tokyo its good to hear from you, i think we started more or less at the same time. I have never gone the strict route, and its been slow for me, i am type 2 diabetic and am now in a pre diabetic mode so feel that i can’t eat things with sugar in. I do have a roast potato every now and then and a glass of red but on the whole its ok, the motivation for me is to not be a type 1 diabetic.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

well i wish you all the best everyone finds what works for them and thats all we can do , i am sure you will reach your goal x

Please log in or register to post a reply.