Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

ha ha she may also get the midnignt munchies!!!

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Let’s hope there are healthy snacks available lol. Not the time for a filthy kebab!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hey my reply disappeared! πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽
    It mentioned turnip fritters as a hangover cure…πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘ maybe that’s why πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

on

Rofl that could be a new hangover remedy!! Best get those ‘neeps on the boil now then πŸ˜‚

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Heeeee heeeeee😹😹😹

on

Let’s hope she finds her tent in the dark or someone could be in for a shock 😳

• posted by Epspecially
    on

I should have kept her a few of those mound resistent chocolate chickpea biscuits – they lasted about 5 weeksπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜³

on

Mound resistant??! The mind boggles

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Heee heeee they ll get the ears bent off them about them about the most deliiiiiicious cake we ve ever made and about how she’s wearing the cape of triumph πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Ή

• posted by Epspecially
    on

(Lucky if you reading this we only joking and misss youuuuu already 😘😘)

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Mound resistent or else mound concealing…who knows what delights lurked inside..

on

Your auto correct is going mental tonight Eps πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Ha ha ha omg Mould!!! Predictive text fail. Mounds eh… Like humps??πŸ˜‚

• posted by tokyo14
    on

Eps have you been drinking with lucky ??

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hee heee noooo Tokyo! Though we totally should arrange a camping trip!πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»Janey can bring the cats in the luxury camper van and we ll surprise luckyπŸŽπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ

• posted by tokyo14
    on

we figured we could stalk her someone has too but no pets !! just plenty of luckys wraps and janeys chocolate cake we would be alright !!!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Ha ha ok pets and turnips stay at home and we ll have cake and chicken wraps.
    You all ready for your holidays Tokyo? πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸ‘―

• posted by tokyo14
    on

just about i am leaving janey in your hands whilst me and lucky are away look after her and make sure she behaves!!!!πŸ˜‡

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Ah good, hope its lovely πŸ’πŸ’

Janey will have me whipped into shape in no time, she needs no minding πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

on

I can’t believe you are organising babysitters for me while you’re away!!! I’m in the camper with Eps, heading for Wales with a cold box full of Nigella’s cake and Oppo salted caramel πŸŽ‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜Ž

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hee heeee wahoooooooo!!! 😝😝😝 you’d want to keep an eye on me though, make sure I’m not in the back with the oppo and a spoon…πŸ˜‚πŸ½

• posted by tokyo14
    on

at least i know you will be looked after!!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

G’ night BSDers everywhere xβ­οΈπŸŒ™πŸŒŸβ­οΈπŸŒ™ X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps just looking back over the day..quiet old day without Lucky..just her guest appearance briefly!
    Sounds like she is having a good time anyhoo x Yawwwwn! Sweet dreams,people x

• posted by tokyo14
    on

well my 8 week final weigh in ( a couple of days early as hols tomorrow!!)
    and i can report i have lost another 0.6 or 1.3 lbs!!! which after a short week and a few more cals roughly (1000-1200 for a good few days ) as had treats pre hol!!! am impressed!!!!
    so in total in 8 weeks i have lost 8.2 kg which is just over 18 lbs!!
    amazed on many levels firstly never lost this much consistently over a set period of time , always 1lb off a 1lb on etc like many who have done various diets over the years !! a particular unfavourite that i did many times was rosemary conleys low fat !!!!
    secondly yes i was a bit cynical at first did i think it would work not really but i promised myself i would do 1 week and when i did that i thought i will do another and well here i am 8 weeks later !!!!
    so now i am having a holiday my original goal was to loose 6.5 kg at least for my hols which i have more than done !!!!
    i have promised myself a week off whilst i wont gorge myself silly i wont deny myself either and will return next week and continue to my next mini goal of 5kg to loose i have 3.3 kg left to get rid of on that one !!!
    weight wise i weigh what i did for the last few years so pleased i got back here BUT i would like to loose some more so JOTF fit at least another 8.3 kg in total to shift !! but anything after my next mini goal is a huge huge bonus !!!!!
    so see you all in a week and lucky if you check in didnt i do well !!!! woo hoo !!!

• posted by Frog
    on

that’s fantastic, well done Tokyo, have a fantastic holiday

• posted by Epspecially
    on

YipppppπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽŠπŸŽŠβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ Congratulations TokyoπŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Whoop whoop Tokyo!! That is fabulous indeed.

• posted by josie53
    on

Well done Tokyo that is amazing, i have lost 22 lbs am on 9th week have much more to lose. Am on holiday for 2 weeks and hope to try and keep the weight off, but will have some red wine.

• posted by Irishgirl
    on

Tokyo, well done and have a super holiday. To those for whom the BSD it isn’t working so well please persevere. It really does work and you will feel so much better for it. We all have experienced plateaus along the way. I am now in week 10 and still following the 800/low carbs most days with the odd naughty day (glass of wine etc!) and still seeing a weekly loss (32 lbs down and another 30 to go!). Targeting December for my ideal weight.

Feels really cold in London today but sky is sparkling blue and feels lovely to be out walking. Gymgirl get out there!!

Seems very quiet without Lucky tho… Will have to watch the Olympics instead….felt so sorry for the gymnasts last night.

on

Tokyo – you rock! 8 weeks flew by and you reaped the rewards! So enjoy your holiday without guilt!

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Well done everyone on the weight losses , I’m haven’t stuck to the 800 calories every day but have still managed to loose 5kg in 9 weeks not fantastic when I hear some of your results but going the right way think I’ve got another 6 kg to get to my target. Meanwhile I got out there Irishgirl 🚢🚢🚢you’re certainly making me get some steps in this week, but enjoying our challenge πŸ˜ƒ

on

Is that in Llangollen, Yowzer?!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi JANEY! How are you! X
    Sorry, i dont know where this gorgeous place is ..i just liked it when i saw it online..appeals to the gipsy in my soul.
    Its lovely isn’t it,wd love to sleep there!
    Ps trying to go to bed but was worried coz kitkat hadnt eaten all day..but he’s just had a big bowl of grub and some cream..so i can go bobo’s now! Nightynight x
    Pps a bit earlier i was reading more of yr journey in a thread with Babs πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi gang.

I’m in need of some chi vying along. Week 6 beginning and not doing so well, weight plateaued for last three weeks, and feeling weak willed now, I have been walking a lot averaging 6000 steps a day this week which is new for me, so that might be part of the reason, but at weak moments I have also eaten unplanned things, but just need a bit of nagging I think, been awake since 2 so have planned the week ahead, weighed myself😳 New week ahead, so am planning to keep below 50 carbs and 800 cals everyday. I’m hoping by going public here it will make me stick to plan fingers crossed.😬😬😬

on

Come on Janet, you can do it! Planning always helps, as does a large amount of water to keep you hydrated, and also something to graze in if you’re flagging. I keep a little pot of flaked almonds nearby and have a pinch if the tummy grumbles. Better to have that than reach for a biscuit! So chin up, keep going. And remember that it’s not just about seeing the weight decrease; it’s about getting healthier too πŸ‘πŸΌ

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Yo Janet, keep going, you’ve already achieved success as you started the plan. You have just had a wobble. Now focus again. Get back on track and your journey will continue. Do what janeycoughdrop suggested.

I have had some moments when I have felt ravenous. I just drank water. Actually I find black coffee seems to work better when I have these odd moments. I then keep reminding myself, what I have achieved so far.

My breakfast is always a shake for ease which consists of fage full fat yoghurt, green tea, flax seeds, blueberries (its in the BSD book). I make a low carb soup for lunch (put in thermos to take to work) with a banana normally if calories allow. I then go for dinner with some sort of fish or meat or seafood with salad or veg, which has seeds or beans with it.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Now now Janet, where are you with the MEASUREMENTS? You know I always go on about that ……

You’ve done really really well, keep the faith and we want to know how your clothes are feeling. Looser? Bit baggier? Belt down another notch? See your waist yet?

Trust your body. If you can keep doing as close to the right thing as you can it WILL happen.

Good luck wishes flying towards you. πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks to this forum and people like you IGOR, and JANEY and GAVIN
    i AM keeping the faith! X people here keep me motivated and encouraged.

First day week 5 for me,but no loss the last week. But its still 21 lbs in 28 days so i’ m not too disappointed.
    Tum is much smaller, hips a little smaller,everything i wear is more comfortable.
    I know i’ m not drinking enough water,so i’ll make sure i do more of that!

Come on JAN,we will trust our bodies and trust the process! The scales arent always our friends but we’re getting healthier on the inside which is the main thing. And i think its JANEY who doesnt get weighed? Just goes by how clothes feel and how she feels in herself? J
    Just keep on do what youre doing,tweak things if need be,and we’ ll get there step by step 🎡🎡🎡🎡🎡 x

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Yowzer, 21 lbs in 28 days!!!!! How fantastic is that???

I remember years ago a diet which promised a stone in a month, and that seemed like a miracle…..and your 21 lbs comes with the added benefit of better health, rebooted hormones, less visceral fat, and all your more comfortably fitting clothes!

Absolutely fantastic. Wow.

How motivational is this forum, with all the contributors taking control of their lives πŸ™‚

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Dear ones Yowser, Igorasusual,janeycoughdrop,and gavinfabl

Thankyou for your very kind encouragement, you have all given me a boost, it just makes sticking to the plan when everything is at a standstill including c.m. Etc, a bit harder, but onwards, the improvement this week has been in my determination to up my fitness, have restarted tai. Chi and walking everyday, so we shall see what the week ahead brings, all planned, and my jawbone up which my husband has kindly ordered should be here soon, so that will most likely get me moving even more. So aiming for a difference next Wednesday in some form or other.

Wishing you al a happy and productive week.😊😊😊

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Oh Yowser so you are a week behind me and we are on the plateau together, let’s go for it this week and get to the next level.😊😊😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks IGOR! X
    JAN lets hold hands and jump off the plateau together this coming week! Onwards and downwards!x🌸🌸

on

Another Jawbone recruit. Excellent! We’ll get duelling.. that’ll really make you walk if you’re competitive like me!!

Yes, it’s me who steadfastly refuses to have scales in the house. BUT I know I’m healthier, lighter and happier.. and the clothes are 2 sizes down! Charity shops are coming up trumps while weight changes so rapidly at the moment πŸ™‚

Igor – you have a very similar mindset to me. This WOE is ultimately about becoming healthier and living better. A lot of us on this thread are not in the youthful 20s and 30s anymore (boo hoo) but we are at a stage in life where we realise that what we do now will impact the coming years for us! I’m a young at heart 44 year old and I want to age (dis)gracefully, knowing I’m doing what I can to keep mind and body working well!!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yes Janey another recruit, I convinced my husband I didn’t need the up 3 so he got me a fab purple up2 because wait for he knew it is co ordinated colour with an outfit I am planning to wear to a wedding on 3 Sep. How kind is that, mind you he’s the man that I met as I played hockey and sometimes rugby for the same club he was in the first rugby team of, so we used to run together, and one time I was whinging that my ankle hurt, he kicked me gently up the bum and told me to get on with it, the following day I was at the docs receiving a weeks sickness certain for a by then black sprained ankle. So he always encourages fitness but more gently now, we have been together for 40 years so he has calmed down now. But I have a feeling this is my notification from him of just get on with it. Hehe So yes looking forward to it arriving, have been duelling using the pacer app against LindaA who manages 23,000 steps in one hit, yep true, not there yet, only gone over 10,000 once, my village is small only takes 45 mins to walk all the way around, so going to think of something else as well. Also it is a problem with the phone if you don’t have a pocket. So we shall see.πŸƒπŸƒπŸƒ

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yowser

Holding your hand.πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­ Jump after three two one……….

on

I have the purple/gold Up2 as well – purple is my fave colour. It reminds me every 45 mins to get up off my chair when I’m at work! I sync it with my phone periodically through the day to see how I’m doing and I’m often surprised how the steps add up! 10,000 is a struggle during the working week (although I’m now getting >5000) but weekends give me more time and opportunity to stroll about. When my son gets home from his grandparents later today I’m sure the new Pokemon Go app will be getting both of us out walking!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hey greenjanet
    What’s this I’m reading??? This isn’t the Jan that we all know and love and rely on to be upbeat and positive!
    This is just a blip in your forever journey, just a hiccup! Remember, this is a rest of your life type of lifestyle, not just a diet like all the others where you lose the weight, celebrate with a whole box of chocolates (yes, I did that once!) and proceed to put it all plus more back on again.
    What’s 3 weeks of plateauing when you’ve got years and years to enjoy this food and us? Yes us, your BSD family, those who understand how you’re feeling and have your back every step of the way.πŸ˜€
    Now girl, pick yourself up and work out how you’re going beat me in steps. Walk around the village twice – once one way then go back the other way, you see things from a different perspective that way and see things you missed the first time. Get up earlier and walk before work when the sun is coming up, the air is fresh and lovely then.
    You’re in this for the long haul and you’re not going to fail so stay on the horse and don’t worry about the scales and concentrate on your health and wellbeing. Now, you’ve been told😍
    Cheers
    Linda

on

LMAO, you tell her Linda!

Please log in or register to post a reply.