Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Damn straight Janey, no way am I going to let her sink into despondency!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I’ve got 4G omg can’t get internet, barely a phone receptionin campsite!!! Was I online slightly inebriated the other night??? In a science museum atm. Hope you all ok!!! Not read posts speak soon!

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

I hope you are not drunk in the science museum Lucky!! Other night was hilarious!!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh Janey you would love my shop then the walls are all dark purple and fittings grey, it’s a very soothing colour I find. So you have excellent taste.😈

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

I am feeling so hungry for the last few hours and have no spare calories left for the day when I take into account my dinner.

I’m steadfast though (just) Keep reminding myself this Saturday’s weigh in will be 4 weeks into the 800 calories per day without an error. I’m so pleased I chucked out all temptations!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi LindaA
    Thankyou so much for your very wise words, all of you have and always are so kind and helpful, compassion in action love you all guys.😊😊😊 on track now. Yeahhhhh

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh sorry Gavin you could have some of mind, but that wouldn’t help, drink your black coffee, it’s so easy to slip up and have too large a portion or something, then you have very little left for dinner. All good plans hey sometimes go awry. Get your dinner a sap you will be okay.πŸ˜…

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Thanks greenjanet for reminding me about coffee πŸ™‚

Now slowly ate my salmon, veg mash and vegetables with another coffee. Safe for another day.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

That sounds like a lovely dindins GAVIN! You do some lovely meals. Another day done and dusted! XπŸ‘πŸ» well done for staying steadfast!
    I was steadfast in Cafe Nero this afternoon..all that food and drink on display. Just had water. This is SO worth it and we are worth it! πŸŒŸπŸ˜€πŸŒŸπŸ˜€πŸŒŸ

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Hi Youwser49 – sure was tasty πŸ™‚ it will have a pic of it on my next update on Monday.

You did really well in Cafe Nero!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Isn’t it quiet here this evening, has no one got anything interesting to say.

I went a bit cracker dog today and brought two pairs of sandals and a pair of trainers all in the sale. For my hol in a few weeks. Hmmm feel like I’m talking to myself this eve. Of for a sip of tea.β˜•οΈ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JAN ohh i love bargains!
    Dont be lonely..i ‘ m here tho every time i drift elsewhere on t ‘interweb, i get logged out of here…grrrr!
    I have spent most of my day going for a wee as i’ m upping my water intake! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Has yr day gone ok foodwise? X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yep all good today, I have to admit I am finding weeks 4&5 harder than the first three, how about yourself.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

So glad youve had a good dayJAN! Me too.
    wk 3 & 4 have been harder for me,as in slower loss..but i havent felt any hungrier or anything,nor has boredom struck yet ( usually does by this stage of any diet! ) I know our LUCKY and others have said things can slowwwww right down then pick up again! So we have that to look forward to!
    It IS quiet without Lucky isnt it! Hope all going well for her and the family on their holibobz. Are you getting excited about yrs! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

I’m looking forward to having a nice break, unfortunately we have a very awkward wedding to go to in Norfolk, but just looking forward to some peace and quiet and rest. Anyway of for a shower and bed for me , hope you have another good day tomorrow. Talk tomorrow
    Nunight πŸ’€

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ooh JAN have always wanted to visit Norfolk..will have to stow away in yr suitcase!
    Nightynight and sleep well..another great day tomorrow of improving our health and our shape! X

• posted by Frog
    on

It is Jan – I just got in and caught up with email then logged on here. That’s Lucky being away for you!
    I just made some tea, went to pour it out, and all the while I was sitting here dutifully waiting for it to brew – I’d forgotten to put the tea leaves in.
    I want to start looking to see if London options for Nordic walking, although I quite fancy herts, but I think if I start on that now, it will be another late night.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

FROG you were having one of those funny moments! I have lots of them! In my case,senior moments!
    For instance,taking a mug of cold tea into the kitchen to throw down the sink,i opened the fridge door ..just stopped myself before i threw the mug contents in there! X

• posted by Frog
    on

that’s even dafter than me forgetting to put tea in the pot

I worked quite late today, got home to a very cross and impatient Froglet who wasn’t impressed when I stood in the kitchen intending to feed her, but staring in the dishwasher trying to remember what I meant to do.

Like the Guinea Pig – is it Major Tom?

• posted by Frog
    on

I wish that BBC would stop using the word “Medal” as a verb
    it’s nothing to do with BSD – but very irritating.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Jan I just read your posts, being out of your time zone and not on yesterday. You are doing so well girl, do not worry. If you are starving have a little more protein. lots of fruit or ginger tea and keep walking around your lovely village. Even I fell over the edge of the plateau at last!. I am with Linda – you have been told!
    Linda I found the shoes and socks, but o boy the sciatica is playing up!

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

I hate my digital scales this morning πŸ™‚

I have been getting closer and closer to breaking the 20st mark, and I thought today there might be a chance of it starting with a 19. But no , it was 20st 0.0lbs. My official 4 weeks is up on Saturday so hopefully I might get down one more pound.

• posted by eagerhaggis
    on

Hello everyone I just wanted to introduce myself. I have not started the BSD yet as I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks and need to clear my cupboards of all the food that I cannot eat on this diet. I have successfully followed the 5:2 diet since October last year and managed to lose 2 stone but I am now stalling and this WOE sounds just the ticket for me. I am hoping for lots of support and ideas for meal choices so sorry if it seems like I am asking a lot of questions but I want to get it right.

My first question is when I have my cup of tea and add a dash of milk how many calories should I count?

Thanks everyone.

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Hi eagerharris , use an app like myfitnesspal to work out the calories. Or look on the milk bottle and say you use 50ml of milk, pro rata the calories based on the smaller amount being used.

Eg 1 pint of full fat milk is 568ml. On the front of the milk bottle it says 200ml serving is 135 calories. So 50ml is 50/200 X 135 = 33.75 calories. Round up to 34 calories.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

What a great name, eager haggis! Welcome!

May I suggest you get an app such as MyFitnessPal (there are others) which lets you look up the nutrients/calories of various foods? So you can check what you’re cooking and also look up ready made food you may buy (MFP has a scanning feature using the camera on my phone so I can scan barcodes which is helpful)

So re the tea/coffee you can have an initial measure of how much milk you use, and then find out how many calories/carbs it is.

I also use MFP to plan out a meal and check how many calories it is.

By the way, if you are able to restrict tour (good) carbs to less than 50g per day, that can help with kick standing weight loss

Hope that helps and good luck! πŸ™‚

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Snap! Gavin fbl. πŸ™‚

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi eagerhaggis

I just measure a tablespoon of skimmed 11 cals, I have three a day, but find yourself a good app if able like myfitnesspal, it will even scan things for you. Get excited about starting, I found it gave me a really good spurt at the start. But welcome, and Bon chance 😊

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi ruthdownunder

Thankyou for your words of encouragement, I am back in the game again now, had an excellent day yesterday and weighed this a.m. And have now lost 12.26 kilo so very pleased with that gone over 10% loss and almost at 2 stone lost, so going to be doing serious walking this eve. How are you doing now you are also of your plateau.
    😊😊😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Morning all X!
    Welcome EAGER HAGGIS!
    FROG i often stand in a room just staring into space,wondering what the heck i should be doing next!
    Not sure if Guinea pig is Major TOM,probably i think! Zig sends purrs x
    JAN hurrah for feeling better today! Are you off the plateau and safely landed! Onwards and downwards eh..that 10% off means youre less likely to have a stroke,heart attack etc !
    GAVIN commiserations, i hate it when the scales arent our friends,coz its a disappointment when the numbers dont change or go up! But we all know they ARE just numbers and more importantly we’re walking around feeling lighter and our clothes are looser! Its jsut another day and on yet another day the scales will give a happier result. X
    LUCKY hope the weather is good for you! X

• posted by tokyo14
    on

just checking in whilst sat in a bar on my jolly holidays !! and have to ask when did this thread become so serious??
    i know me and lucky and timmy are away ( not together!!)but janey we left you in charge !!
    i always felt this was a lighthearted thread and most people that come on here realise that and if it doesnt suit their needs jump to another one ( thats the joy of the BSD forum !!) but boy this has gone way too serious !!
    janey you need to inject some foolishness!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

TOKYO Enjoy yr jolly holiday!And stop worrying about this thread. πŸ™‚
    Why on earth would anyone need to be left in charge in your absence.πŸ˜€
    Seems to me Lucky and Timmy are taking time out from BDS issues and will be back all the better for their break,and perhaps you should do the same if this thread is stressing you!

In my humble opinion,this thread – which i believe has the very general and warm title “Hello ” not Lighthearted Thread Only! – can be lighthearted,serious,celebratory,commiseratory..going in whichever direction the writers choose and however the mood takes people! As can all threads.
    THAT’s the joy of the forum to me. And what i love here on this thread and elsewhere is that most people support each other,welcome newcomers/all comers,listen and share, laugh and sometimes cry..usually managing to keep a sense of humour and some self deprecation throughout.
    Also places of great trust as many choose to share personal issues such as vital statistics, weight gain/ losses/ family situations etc…
    I don’t think exclusivity should come into it! – Just my thoughts.X

• posted by Frog
    on

Happy holidays Tokyo!

I just had my first long hot bath in ages after having stitches out earlier in the week and now just a waterproof plaster – as I got out I felt really wobbly and dizzy, not good at all.
    I managed not to fall over, and laid down for a bit – I feel fine now, got up and drank a couple of glasses of water.
    I hadn’t intended to, but I’ll eat before I go out now.
    Must be a result of spending a couple of hours planing lots of future exercise πŸ™‚

I remade Froglet’s house today – something startled her at the weekend, she jumped up suddenly, making some of the screws pop out and it pretty much collapsed.
    After wandering round DIY stores randomly not knowing quite what I needed, I found very cheap plastic number plate nuts and bolts – the nuts are over an inch long, so it’s much more secure now, and she got straight back inside when I finished.
    It has open ends front and back, so she had a silly five minutes of leaping in one end and straight out the other – just as well that it’s lots sturdier after the remake! Maybe she felt the need to test it after the last attempt.

• posted by Frog
    on

BDS Yowzer?
    Now would that be the The Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions movement, or the British Deer Society
    (genuine acronyms from a google search – feel free to invent your own!)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Tokyo
    I have reread all the recent posts . Not sure what your concern is as all the posts appear quite usual to me. If my little whingy post asking for support is your reference then I will not excuse myself for turning to those in this thread who I consider wise friends. Without their support I may not be on track now. I had understood this is what a forum is for.

As Yowser wisely put it concentrate on your holiday we are all grown ups and if this thread continues in the equaniminous way it has been going everyone will feel cherished and all will be well.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Grrr…why do i get logged out if i go away for a few hours! Does it happen to everyone or is it just me they dont like!
    FROG! Take care..not good feeling faint,maybe you had the water too hot x
    Oh dear little Froglet enjoying her refurbished house! And clever FROG..i wdnt know where to start doing something like thatx
    BDS?.did i write that..i must have been thinking of the BIG Dress Section ..where i hope not to need to shop for much longer!…or the Berry Devourers Society ..goodness know i eat enough of them now to go and live in the forest as a rather large pixie! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“ Thats all i can come up with off the top of my head! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ahhhhh Yowser love the Guinea pig, missed seeing that yesterday, yes I am of the plateau, 1lb down today, and am now all connected up to my jawbone up so moving into serious trotting as Steve Wright would say on a Friday. Hehe😊

• posted by Frog
    on

Thanks Yowzer – feeling fine now
    The Guinea Pig is cute isnt he Jan? Glad that you’ve fallen of a plateau, metaphorically spoeaking

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JAN well done!you climbed down from that plateau and youre trotting to your heart’s content now in the daisy meadows 🌻🌻
    Hoping i will also be off the flipping plateau tomorrow morning!
    is it you who loves the Archers?
    I check if its Rob / Helen story and listen if so..my heart was in my mouth tonight! he gives me the creeeps!
    Glad youre ok FROG X BDS …Being Dizzy Sucks ! X

• posted by Frog
    on

I listen to it sporadically Yowzer – love it is a bit OTT!
    Yup, Rob is creepy – my first assumption is that he was going away to dodge the meeting scheduled for Friday – not surprised by the actual purpose of his visit!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hope all the holidays and non holidays going wellπŸ‘πŸ‘β­οΈ I’m away for the weekend now too Tokyo but no doubt we ll all be back to the madness soon πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Hope you having a great time – keep an eye out for speedo wearing Timmies or chickpea flour brandishing Luckies!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ’

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yowser
    Holding your hand while you step of the big p…..o……. Yep it’s me whose the archers addict not heard this evening yet I’m an aa peep as well as a bsd peep happy evening allπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hellomy little cutie patooties! Unsure of spelling I typed it as I say it. Well. I am Sat outside the bistro with a pint of Wrexham later that I have been lusting after for 12 months. I am not used to typing on my phone and the screen is too small but hope you’re all winning x

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucky – enjoy your pint!
    Hope that you’re having a great time – I trust the journey went smoothly & you didn’t miss anything critical when you packed.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good Morning!
    JAN, i have flown off the plateau with yr help..its day 31 and i’ve lost a pound,22 lb in 30 days.
    Have a groovy Friday everyone
    * big waves* to LUCKY x

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Well done Yowzer. That’s awesome! Inspiring!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yeahhhh way to go Yowser.

Ooh we are neck and neck in the weight loss stakes, I’ve 1/2 a pound to 2 stone, ooh aren’t we a right pair of goody two shoes, are you feeling the difference now, I have gone down a dress size and the wedding I’m going to on the 3 Sep I now have three outfits, one that fits now, one if I can loose about 7 lbs and the lovely one that I would love to get into, well I can get into it now, but my bosoms look like something out of a Victorian drama, all cleavage you know what I mean, so life is never dull is it on this plan. I’ve also gone over 10% loss as well which feels a big milestone, hehe not thinking about the other 20% odd just one day at a time huh, and before we know it we are at another weigh day.

I’m being right risky today and having walnuts and an apple with my lunch, expensive on carbs but fancy a change, unfortunately I’d already scoffed the blueberries for brekkie before I remembered they are higher than the raspberries I also had, so going to have to be very careful today otherwise it will be. 70-80 carb day, and I hate that when you think you’ve been good, but you’ve just miscalculated or something, it has been known to made me binge on walnuts. Ooh o know how to live.

Happy day everyone.😎😎😎
    This is the only time I have been pleased that time goes faster when you are older.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Jan & Yowzer – well done

this morning – ta daa – my weight starts with an 8!!!
    Sadly nowhere near 8 stone, but in the eighties with kg
    89.9 admittedly, but 89.90 is better than 89.95 (oh yes, those new scales are detailed!)

I got very close a week ago, but not quite there, then put a kilo on & been hovering just above 90 for a few days.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Well done frog

Delighted for you, hope you have a happy evening.😎😎😎

Please log in or register to post a reply.