Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Cinderella moment coming up. Yeahhhh

Got home from work gasping for a cuppa, opened the cupboard where cups are kept, and what did I behold a packet of Oreos, I looked at them and immediately wait for it, it popped in my mind, oh those you don’t eat that sort of thing any more, this is from the women who on return from work could consume a lovely artisan loaf with thick butter, in half an hour. This is well, was my weak time no longer, I’m here with my tea talking to you lovelies, mind you I did have a couple of pickled gherkins, my go to snack, when feeling starving. So I will sip my tea then cook some salmon and courgette stir fry yum. I’m delighted with myself. πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡ how’s your day been, this thread has gone worryingly quiet, without lucky yapping.

Oh Janieycoughdrop I am on my jawbone now, how do I link up with you guys, ooh it’s just buzzed at me time to shift.😎😎😎

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

I think I found you on Up Jan!!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh okay how do you link up then

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Evening everyone. Tomorrow is 4 weeks for me. I just ate my last meal for the day, pork stir fry (pork, carrots, onion, butternut squash noodles,).

greenjanet – I love oreo biscuits. Was in the Co-op last week and they had oreo doughnuts. I tell you my eyes popped out at the sight of them. Great to read up on your progress too.

frog – well done πŸ™‚

I have bought some Oppo ice cream today. No calories spare to try some , but tomorrow πŸ™‚

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh right Janey found you, ooh that’s a bit weird being able to see each other’s sleep pattern. Might make me get up a bit earlier hehe

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Gavin do you know I have oppo ice cream in the freezer had some on Sunday but not bothered about it otherwise so speaks the women who would have demolished it in 10 mins we are a beacon of control yeahhhhhh get down monster appetite where you belongπŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

on

I’ve literally finished my run of Oppo this afternoon in the sunshine. Have had it for a good few weeks. Not like the old days where it’d be lucky to survive a weekend!!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

I’ve only tried the salted caramel oppo but a very good tasting ice cream, just a bit wary of getting attached to set things again, so being hyper cautious.πŸ‘πŸ§πŸ¨πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

• posted by Frog
    on

thanks Gavin

Hi Jan – If you have the willpower to stick to BSD generally, Oppo can’t be that powerful a draw that with all your new habits that you can have some occasionally without becoming an Oppo junkie – can it?! Well done on leaving it in the freezer
    I still haven’t tried it – but I have spotted it locally (the first shop I spotted it in only had mint chocolate chip, and I hate mint flavours – mint filled chocolate even meant that I left those chocolates you get given in restaurants!) but I wasn’t going directly home.

I walked three and a half miles in an hour today, without especially trying to walk fast.
    I usually calculate 3 miles an hour, so I was pleased with that. I got the bus there and walked back, each journey took the same time, I should have walked there too. My Nordic walking taster session tomorrow.

I picked my car up from being serviced and MOT’d earlier in the week – the engineer had had to search for the wheel nuts, so had put a weird assortment of things he’d found around the car in a bag. It included two small bars of dark chocolate with MARZIPAN in the middle. I Love Marzipan. I have no idea how long they’d been there – the packets looked OK – but when I opened one it had clearly melted several times over. Threw both of them away – a first!

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Am I the first to see light of day πŸ™‚

Its my 4 week landmark today and I will have a big update on my blog on Monday (link in profile) but here are the headlines. I broke the 20st barrier this morning. I now weigh 19st 13lbs. I started at 20st 10lbs. Thats a loss of 1st 11lbs.

My target weight is 12st 9lbs, so only 7st 4lbs to go πŸ™‚

Where’s that Oppo ice cream. I deserve a tea spoon now!

• posted by Frog
    on

Well done Gavin, that’s brilliant, well done

but sorry, you need to take the dogs on their favourite walk as your reward
    food as a reward? (or compensation, or consolation or………) that’s what got most of us here!
    on the other hand, if oppo fits in with your calorie and carb allowance as part of your balanced diet, that’s fine!

but ice cream for breakfast, really?

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Thanks Frog πŸ™‚

My 3 dogs have already been out on Dartmoor in the foggy conditions this morning πŸ™‚ I had my shake for breakfast, a double expresso and a “teaspoon” of ice cream. Not even a spoon. Just for a taster.

• posted by Frog
    on

well done Gavin

must admit, I had a craving for something sweet late last night, and had a teaspoon of peanut butter. No Toast!
    hope the dogs enjoyed their walk!
    I’ve got my Nordic walking taster session later this morning

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Morning guys! Well done GAVIN on a highly successful 4 weeks! Breaking thru that barrier must feel so good!
    FROG enjoy yr non food taster! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done JAN on resisting the biccies!
    Do you agree we are all doing so well now on really not even wanting those ” treats” ? Like you,i used to be able to eat a whole pile of buttered bread but i couldnt face it now and wdnt want it. Yesterday i was in Thorntons ( shop selling all manner of chox,fudge,toffee,ice cream)
    Sitting in their cafe,not tempted at all by the display of goodies…wrapped up the choc that came with my cuppa and brought it home for DD..she didnt eat it either so its sitting there..but not even waving aand calling me like in the past ! πŸ˜€ X

• posted by Frog
    on

I had poached egg, avocado, mushrooms and bacon for breakfast
    I normally microwave mushrooms, but when i have them with bacon they’re always soooo much nicer fried along with the bacon (no added fat, just whatever comes out of the bacon)
    delicious!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi everyone.I’m back after some time off.I lost my motivation and had a lot of social events .I was not working and doing nothing, kind of a winter hibernation.Also started old habits cooking cakes and biscuits for family and eating quite a lot myself.I stopped limiting any food and I really hit the desserts. As you would expect. gained 2Kg and fasting BGL went up up and up .I’m back on track now with daytime meals all easy to manage.The biggest problem is after work, on average my BGL is under 5 and I’m starving when I get home. I find it really hard to limit my snack.I drink green tea, several cups,then cheese on cucumber or water crackers,then nuts, almonds or cashews or both,I can stick to a simple dinner 100gms of meat or fish with vegies. then the cravings continue till bed time.It seems I have really increased my carbs addiction..Any ideas??

on

Hi Butterlover, sounds like you need to go through the carb flu again and come out the other side 😩 Keep on with full fat cheese and yoghurt to stay fuller for longer. And keep drinking fluids! Be kind to yourself and take it a day at a time. You’ll get there!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Butter lover, it also helps to increase your water and a little salt intake to counteract the carb withdrawal, just bite the bullet head down and get on with it, we won’t get healthy and trim by eating all the pies, get motivated, plan and get excited about feeling better, being in control of the monster appetite is an amazing feeling, when it comes hang on to it.
    Also visualise you as you are moving in the world, then visualise the slim fit you living in the world and see how different the two will behave, and BE the one you want to be. We all have the wish for whatever we want, but it takes commitment to get it. You can do it, we we are all doing it together. Keep posting.😎😎😎

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I am home…

On the back of a recovery wagon….

Very tired, very cross, very hungry. Think I may have put a couple of kilos on, but won’t know for definite as need to get my toilet routine back (sorry…) and weigh in the am. Confessionals coming up – I had a few treats but didn’t go OTT. I had an ice cream but I didn’t have it in a cone, I took my scoop in a little tub. I had chips once, a small portion shared with hubby. I had bread once (sandwich) and a slice of cake. Two pints of beer. Other than that (and the red wine…) I did ok πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ·πŸ·πŸ·πŸ· a vast improvement on my usual camping intake! And I walked miles 😊

Glad to be back…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome home LUCKY and welcome back to yr thread ..x
    Was only thinking of you a little while back,was on the bus and could see the Welsh hillS!
    Think i saw yr recovery wagon trundling across them,with you hanging off the back! πŸ˜€
    I think you were very modest with yr treats,very well done! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Xx
    Its always nice to get back to home sweet home isnt it x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Welcome back lovey, may you take great delight in your own toilet. Yowser that image made me laugh of the wagon coming over the hill with lucky hanging of the back, hehehe still sniggering.πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ But Lucky excellent work very restrained. πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thanks ladies ☺

Oh my days you may laugh it was a bloody boneshaker I tell you! First of all our insurers cocked up. 60 to 90 minutes they told us at half 8. Phoned back half 10. Very vague. Kept putting us on hold (read forgotten about us). Be another 45 minutes. Was another hour. Exit campsite to a crash between a motorbike and taco. Our recovery but moved the taxi, two taxes casualties on the road, traffic everywhere… then! We had to detour through Snowdonia because some pillock had run out of petrol and as it was sort of on the way but not too so that added more time on. I could cry but tbh I am so grateful we have a good breakdown package. I could eat a scabby rat ☺

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Taco???? I’m back πŸ˜…

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Oops I eat the scabby rat yesterday sorry😬😬😬

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Jan. That was my scabby rat 😠 lol

• posted by greenjanet
    on

I needed it I was starving now I’ve got my up thingy I have to keep moving as it vibrates me every 30 mins and I am worn out. Sorry I will save you the next one. 🀐🀐🀐

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Yes how are you finding it? You fancy a duel next week? I’m doing two at the mo and I’m not planning on moving much today or tomorrow πŸ˜…

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucky – hope the holiday was great, even if the journey home was a bit fraught.
    Have walked 16,387 steps so far today, around 4,500 of them Nordic Walking – it’s brilliant

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hi Frog 😊 We had a blast thanks, really great time apart from the end bit! Walked miles! What’s Nordic walking??? Fab step count! I got a 12000 one day and hubby – who barely moves from sofa – did 15,000!

• posted by josie53
    on

welcome back, am off for a couple of weeks on Monday. Hope i do as well as you on the eating and drinking front

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

FROG! So you enjoyed it?! Amazing number of steps! X
    JOSIE enjoy yr break! X

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucky
    It’s walking with poles – but with Nordic poles, you use them more to propel you along, whereas with ordinary treking poles, it’s more like using the poles to drag yourself along (or up – I’m not great at inclines, so when I walked a lot a few years ago it was mostly to help me up and down hills – and it was definitely only hills, no mountains. Legacy of growing up in Essex, which is very flat!)

It’s a better full body exercise than walking – allegedly burns 40% more calories, and is less hard on your knees.
    The woman I that ran the class this morning also has “learn to run” classes, but I thought I’d focus on this for a bit!

this was the inspirational article last week:
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/aug/06/my-workout-nordic-walker-jay-sohal-health-fitness

• posted by Frog
    on

Yes, it was brilliant Yowzer, so glad I got out and tried it.
    I thought about walking there, it’s about three and a half miles away, but faffed about too much, so got the bus and walked back.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thanks Josie, hope you have a fab time in France!

That looks really interesting Frog! The only thing is I’m woefully unco-ordinated. Woefully. I remember the frustration when I was in the Cadets that I used to march moving the SAME arm and leg (I have tried that now, and I’m like how the HELL did I do that?). I can’t dance properly, I can either do the upper body or my legs but not both simultaneously. I read ‘As you’re finishing a step with your foot, drive yourself forward using the pole in the opposite hand, pulling your arm back behind your hips.’ and paled, I won’t lie. As I say many a time, it’s not easy being me… *tears*

Well – the damage is 2.7kg on, of which some may be a stupidly early lady pound or two. Could it have been better? Yes, I suppose so. But it also could have been a lot worse, when I think to how we used to eat while camping, I shudder to think what the weight gain would have been – plus back then, I sat, read and got drunk every night, I walked as little as possible. It isn’t easy catering for five when you’re under the stars, when simplicity is the easiest option and three get simplicity and the other two don’t! We did take lunchboxes with chicken and pre-bagged salad. Breakfasts were bacon and heck sausage, or omelette. We walked miles along the river, canal, up massive hills and along fields. While the others played crazy golf (hate it) instead of sitting down and reading or watching I walked back and forth along the river into Llangollen and back for over an hour to get my step count up. I enjoyed every one of my treats, and I savoured them. I’m less convinced that the weight gain is food related as it is alcohol related to be honest, because being relaxed about the calories while away is one thing, but to be relaxed about them AND drinking a whole bottle of wine, not just a glass, is a different matter. I’m back to being completely alcohol free now at home anyway, I find it easier.

My head isn’t in the right place for being back on the plan but I know I have to make it so, and as quickly as possible. The car is troubling me. We’re meant to be away this weekend where I am catering for a christening. If we get there, that’s going to be added temptation, plus staying in someone else’s house where we will be fed. I have no BSD type food in now to hand and only a Waitrose within walking distance (HOW MUCH!!!) so later I’m off to buy salad bits and greek yogurt. I have to get back on this and I have to do it today otherwise… disaster.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Lucky, glad you had a great holiday even if the travelling was an adventure πŸ˜‰
    Frog, have been reading up on Nordic walking…looks good!
    Greenjanet, i hope you counted the shabby rat into your daily totals

News from here: started 17 weeks ago at more than 118kg…now…98.6kgπŸ™Œ I am very, very happy to be moving towards my target albeit ever so slowly ( more tortoise than hare) and it’s my birthday so off to visit the reinstated walled garden at Lingholm in the lake district whilst avoiding the non BSD cakes in the tea roomsπŸ˜‰

Have a great day all!!🌻

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Imogen! Happy Birthday sweetie πŸ˜€ Thank you πŸ™‚ I saw scenery I never knew existed anyway… I’m sure it’s in the rules that you can have cake on your birthday πŸ˜‰

We all know that rat was mine… Jan will probably try and make me accept the cals and carbs for it after having the cheek to scoff it! πŸ˜‰

Huge well done on the weight loss! I’m 98.7 kg today so we’re very very close in size now πŸ™‚ That is an amazing weight loss, I wouldn’t say it’s slow at all, and anyway, the more chance there is of it staying off. Well done Imogen, you’re doing great πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh I’ve just checked what my weight is now in stones and pounds and I’m 15 and a half stone! I was only 2 lbs off being 14 stone something before I went away! I could cry! All that hard work undone! Right… that is IT. That is the kick up the backside I needed this morning. I’m giving myself a fortnight to get to 14 stone something. If it went on in under a week, it can come off in two. Grrrr…

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Hi Lucky , there is no way you’ve put that much weight on in such a short space of time. It’s not biologically possible. Sounds like a lot of water retention going on there , or alcohol retention πŸ™‚ It should fly off again.

Well done Imogen. Keep going πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Probably alcohol retention then, maybe a bit of both, is also the lady pound time of the month, coupled with… um… poor toilet going (don’t like an audience). I sound like a right catch here, don’t I Gavin? I really hope it flies off again. A gain like this would have been my undoing on any other eating plan or diet, and I don’t want that to happen this time. I don’t want to wait until Monday, and when Monday comes I give myself another excuse. I made a lot of concessions to try and limit the damage of my naughtiness, I walked loads, I did things like take my ice cream in a tub and not a cornet. I did actually show a lot of restraint. For me.

How are you getting on Gavin? I haven’t had a chance to read the thread from when I was away, I’m tired, I’m cranky, I’m on my fifth load of washing (and still about another three to go). House is untidy, there’s camping stuff everywhere and everyone else is still asleep. Naturally.

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Hi Lucky, dont panic, holidays over, just organise and get back on it.

Yesterday was 4 weeks. Lost 1st 11lbs in total. So 21st stone down to 19st 13lbs. So going in the right direction.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Fantastic Gavin, well done to you. The hardest part is well and truly over now. You’re in your third different stone bracket in four weeks, that must be really motivating πŸ˜€

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Thanks Lucky. It does feel good, as it does taking the larger clothes to a charity shop. So now I can’t go back up, as I have no larger sized clothes to wear πŸ™‚

on

Morning all from gorgeous Devon. First proper day of our family holiday but yesterday’s journey down was fab. Stopped off at Stonehenge! I passed on the ice cream (go me!) but did give in to a burger for tea altho left the top of the bun. Feel a bit blurgh this morning but I’m not stressing while I’m on holiday!

Lucky, get back on it. That’s not a major amount to lose, and also consider that all your walking might have built muscle, which is heavier. Have you done your measurements?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy holibobs JANEY! X
    LUCKY * shakes her gently by shoulders* you KNOW most of that gain is water! And will vanish as quickly as it came! Remember how much fat you shed before you went away and how you lost it? You will soon be in that groove again! Youre just a bit overtired right now so be kind to yrself and treat yrself gently today. Well as gently as anyone with hampers of washing to do can be!πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” a new week tomorrow xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy birthday IMOGEN
    πŸŽ΅πŸŽˆβ­οΈπŸ’•πŸ·πŸŒ·πŸŽ΅ xxxx!
    Hope you have a magic day!
    GAVIN well done on that trip to the charity shop πŸ‘πŸ» x

Please log in or register to post a reply.