Egg Fast

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Kafin – apologies if this has been asked and answered many times already, but have you had your thyroid checked? I have not looked back on the various posts, but I recall JGwen writing about T3 and T4 (but I don’t recall the detail…). I just wondered whether that might reveal anything? You are completely right not to be tempted to go down the extreme calorie restriction approach. I hope that all those doing the egg fast will let us know how they get on. I might kick Attentive August off with a 3 day trial of that, with the slow transition …xx to all .

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi 6T – no need to apologize 😊, if it will help, I’m open to trying! However, I have had my thyroid tested many times and recently too. Even going outside the norms for regular Medical consideration and I’m just very normal! Not diabetic or pre-diabetic, normal blood pressure and pretty much everything else is normal. Even with the stress of dealing with depression, my blood pressure stays put. 💕
    Going to get a lottery ticket tomorrow so I can fly to England and beg Dr Chatterjee to take me on! No tv appearance for me though!!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    I was planning to begin my first Egg Fast yesterday but ended up having an unexpected fast day as I just did not feel hungry.
    I have got out of the habit of eating breakfast so it looks like my first meal on EF will be brunch. I am interested in trying the bullet proof coffee and the cloud bread. I am fortunate in that I can beneft from previous experience and vary my egg dishes a bit.Thank you Elky, Kafin and Kazz ! I have had a look on Mellissa Savigny’s I breathe I’m hungry website and she has a few recipes there I intend to try ( a form of ‘pasta’ and an omelette)

I will let you know how I get on xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi 6Turkeys and Kafin,

I posted a link on the Take a look at this thread a few weeks ago to a lecture on the impact that Insulin has on our thyroid system. – The body produces T4, which is then converted to T3 which is the active hormone. – Now they have discovered that high levels of insulin blocks the conversion of T4 to T3. It was a big ahhhh moment for me to discover this point.

From my 20’s I was suffering from all the signs of an underactive thyroid but the blood tests always came back in the normal range. –

• posted by wendleg
    on

My first bullet proof coffee was good..I needed more coffee though as it tasted a bit too milky..like a latte. I did the weird adding a raw egg to the second wiz in the blender and it was fine. I have since had 3 eggs scrambled with butter with a littke sprinkling of persillade. Too early to be bored so all is well !

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hiya – I’ve decided to have another go at the egg fast starting tomorrow. I didn’t give it my full attention last time as my head was full of other things. So this time I will be more mindful and a bit more adventurous!
    I’ll try the bullet proof coffee and the cloud bread too I think. So is it just Elky, Wendy and me? Cluck, cluck,! 🥚 🥚 🥚 🍳 🍳 🐓

• posted by Kafin13
    on

FOMO FOMO FOMO!!! I’m in Kazz! I think I just like being in the clubhouse with my buddies 😆
    Glad you tried the bulletproof coffee, Wendy, it does need tweaking for everyone, I make quite a lot so maybe the additions are bit diluted. I also add vanilla essence and cinnamon so it does feel like a treat.
    How did the cloud bread turn out, Birdy? I’m going to make a savory version for putting a fried egg in and a cinnamon one for spreading with butter as more of a treat. Also the egg cheese quiche will be good to have on hand.
    Thanks JGwen – I need to dig a little deeper into that research. I don’t have any other symptoms of under-active thyroid and I guess the net result is just I need to keep the carbs low and avoid the bad ones.
    Elky – how are you going as the front runner?
    Xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

OOH egg fasting buddies Elky !! We are spreading the love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my buddies too Kirsten !!!

My first day has gone well eggwise. Nothing too ambitious . As you know I started the day with a bulletproof coffee laced with an extra shot of Lavazza espresso and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Raw egg too ……get me !!!!

I then had 3 scrambled eggs with butter to cook and a sprinkle of persillade( dried parsley and garlic mix) for lunch

I ended my first day with a 2 egg omelette and a bit of cheddar . Nothing disastrous has happened . I did look yearningly at the green salad on O/H ‘s plate but that and veg have been relegated to the same place as the nuts and choc for now.
    I am saving the cloud bread and posh eggy “pasta” and sauce for when I get bored !

Look forward to checking in with you tomorrow Kazz and Kirsten !! And of course anyone else who wants to join us xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Kirsten! 👏👏. Another sister on board! Fab u lous! 😁👍.
    See you tomorrow, my lovelies! ♥️💃

• posted by Elky
    on

Kafin, you’re hilarious – I keep telling you that you *cannot* have FOMO about this, you’re doing FOMO wrong. FOMO is for fun things!! (Like before, a Princess Bride moment… that word doesn’t mean what you think it means ….)

But I’m selfishly very pleased you’re in because you always find the new recipes for me to try!! So what am I having for dinner tonight lol

Wendy, yay that it’s going so well! Well done on resisting that salad 😊

Kazz, I’m so pleased you’ve jumped in with us – I’ll be really interested to hear what you think of the BPC and cloud bread, so far everyone seems to find both yummy. I find cloud bread in particular very handy to have about – I especially like the savoury version Kafin refers to.

Anyway, update from down under: nothing much to update I’m afraid. My breathalyser is beginning a little upwards climb, which is nice, but the scales are still on strike. Mind you that is pretty typical for me, when I discard it doesn’t happen in little 100g bits, it tends to be an all or nothing lump.

Go Team EF!!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning eggy buddies ! Evening Elky ! It’s early days…but I will take the compliment about first day going well 😘😘!
    I am rocking the bullet proof turbo charged coffee . I know Kafin has some recipes to try so I too will be looking forward to hearing how we can jazz up our eggs. I went mad and sprinkled some fennel seeds on my omelette yesterday to make it feel a bit gourmet 😉
    I am not a fan of regular weighing..resist resist Elky ..I am just enjoying not feeling sick 🤣🤣
    Kazz are you with us ?
    Have a great day everyone. I have to but more cream cheese as I only have a bit of mascarpone. I think Philadelphia exists in France but I have never seen ” string cheese” which I thought what that yucky stuff that lurks in kids’ lunch boxes and is advertised on UK TV and makes me angry. I will play safe and slice up some mozzarella .

Will check in later xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Yes, I’m with you all! Day one, omelette 1. xx Um, what’s FOMO?
    🙂 Back later…

• posted by wendleg
    on

I had to check that too Kazz and I think I have understood it to mean
    Fear Of Missing Out !
    No fear Kafin..we need your eggy inspiration ! Xx

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Egg fast II has just kicked off with scrambled eggs. And yes FOMO is fear of missing out. It what all the cool kids say. Well I thought it was until my nieces (kindly but with a mortified air) informed me that “no one says that anymore Auntie Gherkin and don’t dance like that”. YOLO (You Only Live Once) is also done. I can’t keep up with being cool so I’ve turned to eggs to solve my problems… 🥚
    I’ve made the executive decision not to weigh at all during the Egg Fast which is hard because weighing keeps me on track regardless of the number. It’s when I don’t know that I stray so hoping to stay on track. But I’ve eaten too much cheese in the last few days so it was more about that and not wanting to weigh! No idea how this egg fast will go but giving it a round two 😊
    Yesterday I made two lots of cloud bread – one more savory with salt, pepper and cayenne for slapping a fried egg between and another lot with cinnamon and vanilla for a treat with a schmear of mascarpone or cream cheese. Then I did the egg cheese quiche which came out really well, it holds up well sliced and can be eaten cold or warmed in the microwave. I think this might also be good with a bit of salad on the side when we’re back in the real world. The only issue I’ve discovered is that it said slice into six pieces (to get the correct egg and fat ration) but I didn’t have my protractor and compass and sliced it into eight pieces (lesson learned about reading instructions) so now I’m dealing with decimal point eggs…sigh. First world challenges.
    Glad you’ve found your perfect BPC, Wendy – it’s a great way to get an egg and some fats in without really noticing
    Go Kazz!
    Elky – right now, the egg fast is the fun thing in my life!! Don’t tell me you’re not living the high life by repurposing eggs every which way! Hope the scales move today for you but I’m more interested in where your breathalyzer is at!
    WEALOE!!! Don’t bother looking that one up, I just made it up. Whoever figures it out, wins a free egg!!! With equal fat of course 😊😆🥚

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Kafin- I’m guessing “We Eat A Lot of Eggs” 🥚 and you certainly do! I had two hard boiled eggs for my lunch today to cheer you all on! Good luck eggies!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Yay Cathy!! You win an egg. I’ll come up with a more difficult one for tomorrow 👍🏻🦄😆

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh Kirsten your post was an absolute joy to read !! I don’t know if you realise how talented you are with the written word ! Elky too is hilarious , you have a great double act going there 🙂

I am definitely going to try the cloud bread and the quiche tomorrow . I’m useless at Maths too so thanks for the tip about trying to produce 6 slices. I might see if I have one of those pizza portion disk thingies in the drawer.It will be a bit dusty though.

I got very excited today because I found a Limited Edition Philadelphia with jalapeno !! Very posh. It took me ages to choose my cream cheese because I was peering at the ingrédients and they are written really tiny. Kirsten, thanks for warning me about the added nasties. I bought some St Moret too but not a string of cheese in sight. I knew the French would never allow that . I also have cheddar because Brits always have cheddar. We are only talking about a sprinkle here, right ? 40 ounces = 113 g.
    As you can see I am stocking up on ingrédients for the quiche.Oh, and I also got mayo in the chilled cabinet because the stuff on the shelves with the ketchup just sounded nasty. I never eat mayo as a rule.

Today I have kept things simple with the BPC, 3 boiled eggs with butter and a bit of cheese, a 3 egg omelette with butter and a spoonful of the Philadelphia with jalapeno because I just had to try it .It did numb my mouth long enough for me to forget I was only eating eggs. So 7 eggs today my buddies .
    I am not bored yet .

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi Kafin, posting this here so you’ll see it and because it is in relation to you saying above that you would like Dr. Chattergee to take you on. There is a current opportunity that JGwen and I posted a while ago, and I can’t remember now on which thread, to join the PREDICT study that gives individual nutrition responses. Most of us can’t join the study because at the moment they are only taking people in the US. But you are there, so may be a way to get some personalized nutrition advice for free! It is approximately a 2 week commitment and at least the last round involved eating a lot of standardized muffins which I gather some people found a bit tough, but could be worth it to get your results. In the last round they also did gut microbe samples as well. Here is the link:
    https://predict.study/
    Looks like they are still taking people on for it.

• posted by wendleg
    on

6T, I think Kirsten will only be interested if it involves meeting the gorgeous Dr Chattergee. Private consultations ? She has a bit of a crush going on, like me and Aseem Malhotra, swoon !!!

No, seriously, go for it Kirsten !!!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks, Wendy – yes, pizza portion thing is exactly what you need 👍. Sounds like you are ready to go with your cheese, that jalapeno one sounds delicious! I think you meant 4oz versus 40??? The cheese is entirely optional and some people (according to the FB page) find it hinders their weight loss. I tried some with days and some without last time but didn’t seem to make much difference. I kept it to 2 or 3oz a day but thinking I will only have it this time in the egg quiche which is 4oz total but divided up, doesn’t come to very much. With your boiled eggs, were they cold or warm and did you melt the butter? I found that cold eggs don’t absorb the 3 tablespoons of butter very well so I switched to avocado oil. How did you find it?
    Articfox – thank you so much, I will definitely check that out although the muffin part does make me feel a bit nervous. Will put it on my list for later today. Also, re your “ruddy” post on the weekly one, I think you should be proud of your beetroot look, you earned it!! xx
    Wendy is right, I do have a terrible crush on Rangan – I’m pretty sure he is ok with us being on a first name basis….

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Articfox and JGwen – I found the programs dns trees going through the pre-screening questions. It is nerve racking as part of it asks you to eat high sugar for quite a few days. I haven’t finished filling it out as you have to have about two hours a day to devote to it, plus eat the food they provide at specific times, do blood tests at specific times etc. I’m not discounting by any means but I start a new freelance job on Friday that will make it impossible to eat at certain times, much less the food they provide as I’ll be on various movie sets, some of which are in the desert and you get no scheduled breaks! Then I think I have to go to Munich for my other job so I will revisit in September and see if they still want volunteers. But thank you both very much, I may be a guinea pig in the near future!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thank you for thinking of me, Verano – you’re always so thoughtful and it’s noticed and appreciated 😊. This is pretty interesting and for years I had a personal trainer who said I had to finish my shower every morning with a blast of cold water but that was more for keeping any inflammation down. I’ll start with the cold showers!! Worth some more reading though 🦄
    I’m glad you know where to find me! I started to list the threads I’m on, thinking it was 4 or 5 and realized it’s a lot more but they do cycle a bit too. After this Egg Fast, I’m going to head back to the Fasting one and really see if I can make some headway there. Plus, I’ll be posting my goals on the A-word August one and always on the weekly one. Plus some others where many of the same faces pop up for which I’m grateful.
    Starting Day 2 of this latest egg fast – and I weighed myself, just couldn’t help it. It’s obvious that too much cheese lately has put me back at where I started last time, but I’m blaming it on my time of the month going for 2 weeks instead of what it should normally. Am not going to let it get me down and even if this latest one only brings me back to where I am, I’m working on a new plan for afterwards!
    Who needs a new recipe? EMYF – try that, Cathy! xx
    Go Team Egg 🥚🥚🥚🥚

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    I made Kirsten’s reduced cheese Egg Quiche today and it was delicious ! I divided it into 4 portions to simplify the Maths 😉 so each portion was 3 eggs. I had one portion for lunch and one for dinner.

I don’t normally eat mayo but I honestly couldn’t detect any other taste than a fluffy eggy soufflé type texture .I added dried oregano and smoked paprika but could only taste the oregano.

So with the Bullet Proof Coffee I total 7 eggs again today . I have enough quiche left for tomorrow which will be day 4 and I am still not bored despite lack of greens in my life. They are going to taste sooo good !
    I am not weighing …maybe after day 5 .

on

Kafin
    I hope I win another egg… I’m guessing EMYF – means eggs make you fart! Or eggs make you full …. Hope I’ve not offended anyone! Hee hee

Go team egg!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I thought it might be “Eggs must Yoda find”. Oops, sorry, wrong forum..

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Cathy, you are way too good at this!! I have to know your occupation, I want to understand if you have the same sort of mind as me!!! Farts just make everyone giggle, at least in my family. And yes, you get another egg 👍🥚
    6T – you get an egg too, because that was funny and you understand the correct wording for a Yoda phrase, which shows great Star Wars commitment 🥚🤩
    Glad you liked the quiche, Wendy, it’s really handy if you have to take something with you. I did weigh today after saying I wasn’t going to but it just doesn’t work for me otherwise.

on

Kafin – thank you for cheering me up tonight! Am happy to be the owner of another winner’s egg! I am a medical secretary, a job I’ve done for 40 years! I love rhymes, puzzles, word games and obviously share the same sort of mind as you. As a vegetarian, eggs are a staple BSD food for me and when I join the awesome August thread next week I shall be eating a lot more of them as I embark on another attempt to get back to goal weight. Got a sad day ahead tomorrow as I will be saying goodbye to my lovely cat Big Bob so I’ll be taking a few days to get myself together before getting back to BSD basics .

Remember eggs make you FULL (and fart)!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Oh Cathy, I’m so sorry about Big Bob, that just breaks my heart. I hope you have someone to be with you and I will be thinking of you along with many of our other cat lovers. Sending you a big hug and much love 💕
    And yes, we do have the same sort of mind, my grandmother was actually a secret code breaker for Bletchley Park in the war and it seems all of the women in our family are puzzle solvers, we all do the cryptic crosswords and word games!
    We are here for you tomorrow xx

• posted by Elky
    on

Kafin, that’s too freaky, I love cryptic crosswords too!!! But I’m not very good at them, and would *never* have been recruited for Bletchley – I would have been relegated to knitting socks for the Army …. Not that knitting wasn’t important, can you imagine a time when so much kit was provided by families not the government? (Non-US, the US government provided stuff.) OK, that was random even by my standards, dragging myself back on topic.

Still on Team EF, still not sick of eggs, still seeing very slow but upward progress on the breathalyser. And that’s the only thing I want to go up 😊

Cheers, Elky

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Well I’m not very good at knitting! I find it relaxing to knit great long screeds of nothing with air holes but they would not be saving any soldiers lives!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi all – day three for me and very glad I prepped some food for this. So much easier to grab a piece of quiche or cloud bread without having to think about it and do complicated egg equations 😊
    Have just had a coffee with the butter and coconut oil but no egg as I’ve run out. I know, here I am a veteran of one and a half egg fasts and I’ve made a rookie mistake. Anyway turns out without the egg, it’s just yuck. 🤢. Who knew?
    Thinking of you, Cathy and in your own time, here’s another one – CWEID
    But better yet…WLCMTE ( it’s a hard one but We Love Cathy More Than Eggs) x

on

Kafin- you’re so lovely. It was a sad day today for me but not for Big Bob. He gave a big sign and looked peaceful and it broke my heart. I spent the morning with him gently stroking him and talking to him and I am missing him so much. He was a gentle, rescue cat who spent the first five years of his life being abused and he was very worried and nervous when I rescued him. He became a confident and loving cat and sadly I only had five years with him.

I have had a think about tonight’s puzzle and I have come up with Coffee without egg is disgusting! I have never braved bullet proof coffee. I have taken to having cold pressed coffee with ice and cream for my breakfast. I make a big cafetière of coffee using cold water and steep it for 12 hours and keep it in the fridge for a few days and it’s delicious. I can’t imagine coffee with butter and coconut oil and egg! It just seems wrong.

When I get over the trauma of today I am going to be joining in the Awesome August thread and am planning on joining in on Monday. I await the eggsperiment results eagerly.

#Go team egg,

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi everyone in the EF Clubhouse, this is really just a test because I tried to post a little while ago and it’s not showing up… but it’s always a more than even bet that I did something wrong.

Anyway, still on the Egg Fast, still not sick of eggs 🙂

Elky

• posted by Elky
    on

OK, that did show up so clearly the posting error was mine 🙁

Cathy, I was so sorry to read about Big Bob. I really don’t know what to say, except that I’m sure he had a wonderful five years with you. Hugs, hon.

Kafin, I can’t believe an experienced EFer like you would run out of eggs <shakes head sadly> But I do admit you have one or two other things on just now 😉

Onwards and downwards, Elky

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Cathy, I so understand – I’m sure you know I always post about Albert who since I have no family in this country, has been the only one with me in solidarity for the past 14 years. We get so used to them being such a big part of our routine that you feel a bit lost when they’re not around. My family knows that Albert is part of the family and my mother didn’t bat an eyelid when I gave her a framed picture of her “grandson” to put on the piano next to the picture of her granddaughters. My heart hurts for you.
    As to the puzzle – well that’s not quite what I was thinking but it effectively says the same thing so you get another egg! I had “Coffee With Eggs Is Delicious”. What are you going to do with all your eggs?? And I know it seems strange but I can’t recommend it enough!! It will be my winter coffee drink methinks. But for summer when not on the egg fast, I like cold pressed coffee (which I buy from Trader Joe’s in a can – yes I know, I’m a Philistine!) with cream so I’m with you on that xx
    Will see you over on the August thread as well.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m very much in sympathy mode too, clarinetcathy. Our pets are an integral part of the family, and these losses are
    significant. I’ve had to say goodbye to 8 of our furry friends, and it never got any easier. Grieving takes as long as
    it takes, and you will feel “subdued” for quite a while…The sun will come out again though, and you will be able to
    think of Bob with joy, and not loss. Be good to yourself, and give yourself all the time that you need xxx

Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Day 4 in the egg farty house….. (for me)
    I have a cheese omelette for lunch and am going to make the quiche tonight which will be enough for dinner and tomorrow’s meals. Then I’m going to have a medium rare juicy steak with mushroom sauce (made with a bit of cream) and sauteed green beans for dinner on Saturday. The steak is keeping me going. I could eat it now at 9.20am. Do you think I’m craving iron? I never crave meat usually as I prefer chicken and fish as a rule. Strange. All thoughts welcome! 🙂
    Sending hugs to you CCathy xxxxx

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi all eggy people!
    I usually just read (Avidly) most of the posts each day but don’t tend to write.
    Today I am peeping from around the curtain to say that I have been doing the egg fast over the last two weeks with two days transition and two days BSD for two days before starting again last Monday.
    The first round I lost 4 pounds, put back two when in transition and today I have lost a further 2.5 pounds.the best part for me has been the increase in ketones and complete lack of hunger.
    I am a slow looser and will definitely do the egg fast again.
    I’m off on holiday for a three weeks and intend to eat low carb and small meals to litigate too much weight increase, though will be indulging in a few G and T’s,!
    Good luck to those who are still in an eggy place.
    X B

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am a bit late with my update but this is my last day of the egg fast and I can’t face any food ..not hungry at all. Could not even consider bullet proof coffee this morning..had green tea. I had the egg quiche over 2 days. I hope not eating today is not going to mess up the egg fast principles as my fats will be down but circumstances are a bit disrupted right now.
    I will try to gently transition over the next 2 days and keep you updated on any discardxxx

• posted by Elky
    on

Good morning, Team Egg

Hello Busybee, so good to see you wave from behind the curtain 😊 Also great to hear that the EF worked so well for you. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, and there’s always another EF to come home to if those G&Ts get too much!!

Kazz, I think your steak at the end of the EF sounds like a sensational idea, and I think I might do the same. Though I’m not there yet as I’m soldiering on until the end of the weekend to keep Kafin company … and to maybe sandpaper off a bit more <fingers crossed>

Not sure if it’s a sign of low iron or not… do you take a multivitamin? It could just be that a good steak is the farthest possible thing imaginable from eggs!! Completely different flavour, completely different texture, completely different mouth feel …. Yep, I’m definitely going with a steak at the end too!!

Wendy, you absolutely should not worry about food and egg fasting and such just now, you have enough on! Thinking of you and hoping all is going well, big hugs hon.

Not much to update from me really, for a miracle I’m still not sick of eggs. I know, I know, I may be a freak of nature, but I still like eggs. They really are a perfect little meal, so quick and easy.

Onwards and downwards, Elky

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Well done, Wendy – I’m not surprised you couldn’t eat with all that stress going on. I’m sure it hasn’t done any damage.
    I struggled a bit today to get my correct fats and egg ratio and have just had to have two tablespoons of coconut oil to balance it out. I pretty much spent the day in the car running into prop houses and stores so I took quiche and two hard boiled eggs as I had to eat in the car and I didn’t want to mix oil in. But I stuck to it despite a weight increase this morning – 4th day finished for me and I really would like to see a loss but my body just doesn’t want to comply.
    Thanks for sticking it out with me, Elky, that’s a lot longer for you since you started early. Will it end up being ten days?
    Kazz, steak does sound good, I think maybe because of the texture. I’m not sick of eggs either, but I miss the things they normally go with for me, like avocado.
    Three more days for me. Xx

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi my eggy friends – today is day six of my second egg fast and I had planned to do seven days but will be on set tomorrow and it’s just too hard to manage. I’ve done my best with this experiment and had two good go’s at it but sadly it’s failed to get me over my hump and I’ve ended up a bit over by a couple of pounds. This time I stuck to less than an ounce of cheese every other day but didn’t make a difference. I’m kind of at a loss because everyone on the Facebook group seems to lose pretty decent amounts and they’re all starting from a wide range of weights so it doesn’t seem to have more of an effect if you’re heavier. In fact a lot of people use it to get their last five pounds off and get to goal. I thought maybe a lot were using it after falling off the wagon but no many are on Keto and at a stall and this gets them over the hump. So, I think I’m done.
    But I do love this thread, it’s full of many of my favorite and supportive people whether they’re doing the EF or not so I feel like I may continue posting here! I’m going rogue and I may go off topic.
    Cathy, thinking of you and appreciate you playing my game! EFID
    🥚 🍳 💜

on

Kafin

I’ve been away at a house party this weekend so have only just read your egg fast post. I am going to guess that EFID could possible mean Egg Fast is done!
    I really do feel for you Kafin because like you I struggle to lose weight as quickly or as easily as others seem to. Earlier on in the year I was convinced i had a metabolic problem and went to see my GP who performed a battery of blood tests which all proved normal!

I am re starting BSD tomorrow on the August thread. We can be slow losers together. Due to a variety of reasons I’ve not stuck to BSD for the month of July and haven’t weighed myself since I got back from turkey in June. I am nervous about having to weigh myself but really do want to get back to being in control, I hope I will see you on that thread too. You can join a few of us slow losers – we have been plodding for a number of years together. I won’t be participating in an egg fast but as a vegetarian I do eat a lot of eggs and they are a big part of my way of eating.

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi All

Just checking in to note that I officially closed out my egg fast over the weekend.

Sadly it wasn’t nearly as successful this time, despite going for longer. From start to finish the discard was 2.15kg (4.7lb) BUT most of that was just “re-discarding” the gain from my non-judicious moment which happened after the last EF. So the “new” discard was only about 0.3kg (0.6lb). But that’s OK, I’ll take any downward movement, not matter how small 🙂 And who knows, it might have taken longer to get through the “re-discard” without the EF.

Interestingly I also didn’t get the ridiculously high breathalyser numbers on the second EF either. I’m not sure why.

On balance I would probably do an EF again. I don’t get sick of eggs, it makes meal planning ridiculously easy, and it does seem to do something to the scales for me, though that is highly variable.

That said, I don’t think I’ll be starting the next one tomorrow, lol

Cheers, Elky

• posted by alliecat
    on

You are a portrait of determination, Elky! Your sense of humor is also a breath of fresh air 🙂 I’m so looking forward
    to getting an iphone, so I can fill the place that has been reserved for me on the WhatsApp play group! I think that it
    is absolutely hilarious that Kazz has snapped a picture of me in my crazy sun hat, and added it to the line up! So
    much fun 🙂 🙂 🙂 I haven’t seen it yet, but no doubt I will cringe…Have a great morning, as by my calculations, it’s
    @ 8:30am for you! I’m headed out to the kitchen to rattle some pots and pans, and I hope to produce something
    edible to serve for dinner. Are you in Australia or Tasmania?

• posted by Elky
    on

Oooooh, Allie, Tasmania *is* Australia – it’s just a separate state (and OK, there’s a bit of water between it and the rest of the country). I guess the parallel would be Hawaii? Or maybe Alaska? So we would say “are you in Tasmania or on the mainland?” (Which is weird if I think about it, because why wouldn’t we be “on Tasmania” or “in the mainland” for consistency? But that’s not what we say, I cannot explain why. The vagaries of language!)

But I’m on the mainland – in Canberra to be exact. (Which is the national capital – like Washington.) But most of the rest of the world forgets about Canberra because Sydney is the city that everyone knows – or Melbourne if you talk to Wendy lol

And I am looking forward to you joining play group too!! 🙂

Hope the pan rattling was successful,

Big hugs, Elky

• posted by alliecat
    on

Elky, I’m such a buffoon! My husband has always told me that my knowledge of geography is deplorable. My
    excuse is altogether lame, too The only “class” teaching this subject in school occurred when I was @ 14, and I
    had discovered “boys” by then, or maybe they had discovered me? I usually spent this class time passing notes
    back and forth with my best friend about the mysteries of the male species, instead of paying attention! It’s
    great to know where you are! Kazz tells me that the first thing she will be doing after landing in America will be
    to put an iphone in my hand! Play group, here I come! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Cathy!!! You win a whole chicken, you’ve got all of them right and you’ve been dealing with your loss so have a chicken on me 😍🐥
    I’ve had a battery of tests as well and nothing! I posted on the Take a look at That thread last week about going to see one of the doctors that sign up as being for the LCHF lifestyle on the Diet Doctors website. I don’t know if there is anyone in my insurance network but really hoping so and maybe they have other tests they can run?!?! At this point, the only thing I can think of is my meds stopping the weight loss but I have no 🦄 science to back it up and hasn’t happened in the past but I don’t know what else to think. I would love to be a slow loser with you – although am more of a not a loser at all – and I am on the August thread with you so we will both encourage each other 😊.
    I’m done with egg fasts, I tried it and it didn’t work for me at all. I’m actually up a little so I’m pretty discouraged. Like Elky, my EF was a bit different this time. Last time I shot up on the breathalyzer numbers pretty early on and stayed consistently there. This time, I hovered around 0.3, the occasional 0.4 and a short one-time 0.8 ending up on a couple of 0.5’s. The FB posters have mentioned that every EF is different for them in many different ways. 🦄🦄🦄.
    It is cheap and easy though!
    Allie!!! We cannot wait for you to get on board with our group! And the photo we have of you is lovely!!💕 Kazz – you have this iPhone thing under control, right?

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I forgot to say, Cathy – are you interested in fasting at all? I know this isn’t quite the right thread for it but I’m allowed because…well I don’t have a good reason but I’m doing it anyway! That’s really the only thing I haven’t tried with any consistency to get over my stall so was thinking of trying it for August here and there and wondered if you wanted to join with me and see if we can become fast losers 😁

Please log in or register to post a reply.