Egg Fast

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi – Elky and I are going to have a crack at this next week so I thought I would start a thread and include recipes and the “rules” that I’ve found. If anyone wants to join us, please do and obviously adapt it for yourselves, I’m going to try and stick as closely as possible because I really want to get over this hump.
    It does recommend that you already be fat- adapted and eating low-carb so probably not good to jump into straight away.

What is an egg fast?
    It’s a (short term) diet that consists of primarily eggs, cheese, and butter. For each egg you eat, you should eat a corresponding Tbsp of pure fat in the form of butter, olive oil, or coconut oil. You can also eat a corresponding Tbsp of full fat cheese per egg. Doing this will result in an extremely low carb, high fat, moderate protein intake that will kickstart your body into fat burning mode. (Not my words, I stole them).
    It originated with this guy, Jimmy Moore who did it for a month and lost 27lbs. Sounds like more Harry Potter magic but worth a go! (my words – feel free to steal them). It seems the biggest issue is gaining the weight lost back when you finish the fast but can be managed by sticking with low-carb way of eating, which we’re all doing anyway (see below for transition).
    There is no limit to the number of eggs and equal fats to consume. Just keep it within reason. Many people eat more than a dozen a day. Do not count macros or calories! Fat is approximately 85% during egg fast.
    Ok, these are the very strict rules:
    1. Eggs are the primary source of protein for 3-5 days
    2. 1 tablespoon of fat per egg. Choose from butter, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, MCT oil, mayonnaise
    3. Fit the egg fast to your eating schedule – intermittent fasting is fine
    4. Don’t get too hungry, you can eat an egg/fat
    5. Don’t eat if you are not hungry, wait a while and eat later
    6. Hard cheese and cream cheese are optional and not counted towards daily fats. Max 4oz daily
    7. Eat minimum of six eggs daily (no maximum within reason) to ensure adequate protein
    8. Get the best quality eggs and butter that you can afford but do not FRET about this
    9. Try not to eat within 3 hours of bedtime
    10. Limit your sweeteners to 3 servings per day (I don’t think we do this since we all know they can push your insulin up but up to you!)
    11. Coffee and unsweetened tea re fine
    12. Use spices, herbs and hot sauces sparingly
    13. If the food is not listed here, it is not on the Egg Fast!

Transitioning Back
    The most effective way to transition back to lchf with minimal weight gain is to transition slowly over the course of a week or so. First add a protein to one of your meals for a day or so. Then add a protein to two of your meals for a day or so. Then you can try to add 1/2c. veggies to one meal and so on until you’re back to your normal lchf lifestyle.

Feel free to add recipes!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Kafin, not having a go here but….. Havent we already all tried the egg, grapefruit, cabbage soup etc etc ad infinitum and found over the years that they just dont work. You will be bored within a couple of days, either egg-bound (constipated) or, if eggs dont like you, you will have the runs. If you do lose any weight you will put it all back on as it is not a sustainable diet. Being diplomatic I will say, on the other hand, if this is being used as a short term trial and you can lose weight and then switch to a controlled diet plan, then maybe it will work. Having said that, how many people said and still say I am bonkers to be on the BSD and not eat carbs. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Kafin. Is your proposal that you are going to start with an egg fast for a day and then do a water fast for a specified number of hours, or are you just planning to do the egg fast for a specified number of days, so that you are keeping insulin right down but are eating something?

I need to get my electric fencing sorted out as a matter of urgency before I can think about egg fasting. 🙁 – I have a fox problem at present, and it got 4 hens and 3 young birds that would have started laying in the next couple of weeks last night. -The pens are less than 10 foot away from the dogs run but that didn’t stop it, so I made a trip into town to pick up extra electric fencing supplies today.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi SG – hate to seeing what “having a go” looks like then! 😁. I don’t believe that an egg fast falls into the categories that you mentioned because it is really moderate protein, high fat and zero carbs and it’s designed to be done for no more than 5 days in order for people to get over the hump/plateau. As someone who has sat at the same weight/measurements for more than a month and a half, I am definitely prepared to try something that might help me as it’s pretty discouraging to be doing all the right things with nothing happening for such a long time. I believe Luv2cook posted her success with it, hence my interest and research. You have mentioned repeatedly that you’re not doing Fast 800 or BSD to lose weight but more for diabetic control and I totally respect that but I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic so I most definitely am doing Fast 800/BSD to lose weight with the long term goal of keeping it off permanently! And yes, I may put it back on but there are special protocols to avoid doing this (as well as support groups where I can ask questions) and a lot of people have had success with it. Being diplomatic, I will say that I am not suggesting anyone do this, just providing a space where people can do what they choose and be supported. Best of luck to you with your goals 😊
    JGwen – I’m going to try the egg fast for five days but will reassess at 3. Sorry to hear about the hens and birds but very impressed with your fencing skills!!
    Not sure who is going to read this but many thanks to all those who have been supporting me while I’ve been stuck with suggestions, tips, research and love. I appreciate the non-judgement and unwavering support for me as I try a multitude of different things to get over the hump and keep me motivated to continue with this WOE.😍👍🙌

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

i’m reading it Kafin! I don’t think SG was having a go, but I also agree with you that from what I saw from looking at the Melissa Sevigny site that this is not one of those fad eat nothing but bananas and lose a stone in a week kind of things, but one which might help reset things and kickstart the body and fat burning. On the transition aspect, is it a question of keeping to the basic egg/fat combo but introducing another bit of protein, then two bits and then more bits plus veggies on each day? I’m sorry about your hens JGwen, but like Kafin impressed by your setting up electric fencing!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi 6T – yes, that’s my take on the transition piece. I’ve also read many “testimonies” from people who went straight back to low-carb and had no gain but I’m betting I won’t be one of them!! I joined a closed facebook group on the egg fast and then once you’ve completed your first one, you can join the transition group so lots of advice and support and seems to work for everyone so fingers crossed!!
    That said, I weighed myself this morning and I was up 5lbs which is very annoying since it was really only two days of one meal eating a few extra carbs and naughty things but my body has also felt like I’m on a tight rope and the slightest deviation causes me to gain. So the plan is to keep going this week and then start on Monday but ideally I’d like to lose what I gained so I can see if the egg fast breaks through my 175 threshold. Thanks for reading x

• posted by alliecat
    on

I see this as a very promising method for breaking through a stubborn plateau too, Kafin. It’s really not a “diet” if you
    don’t carry it past the 5 days. I’d be happy to join you in giving this a try, so please let me know when you would like to begin.
    Many thanks for taking the time to list the particulars, so we can get the most benefit from this protocol. Luvtcook always
    knows what she is talking about, and I’m not only grateful for her return to the community, but bringing this to our attention
    as well. Let’s do this! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Yes, Allie!!! We would love to have you do it with us, Elky and I plan to start on Monday but if that doesn’t work for you, I’m sure I’ll use this again and would be happy to jump in with you! 💕💜💞🍳🍳🍳🍳 🥚 🥚🥚🥚

• posted by alliecat
    on

Monday it is, kids! I’m already giving thought to what form of fat I am going to use, and at what time of day. I don’t see
    this as faddish, but more in keeping with what might have been available in terms of food supply, eons ago! How clever
    of you to initiate a thread for us, Kafin! 🙂

• posted by Elky
    on

Kafin, thank you so much for setting up this thread, your introductory message sets out the rules so clearly!! (As you know, I was dithering about whether I could combine it with IF, question answered for me, thanks heaps 🙂 ) I’m definitely in for Monday. Will be really interested to see how this tracks against my water fasts on the breathalyser, I’m starting to think I need to find a hobby, lol

JGwen, I am so sorry to hear you’ve got fox problems, they are such vicious killers, hope they at least had the decency to eat the hens and didn’t just slaughter them for sheer sport.

Allie, I’m very excited to have you on board with me and Kafin for this 🙂

Must read up on what I can do with eggs… lots and lots of eggs…

Elky

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Yay!!! So glad, two of my favorite people right there doing this with me!!! A lot of people use sugar-free syrups while they’re on this but I’m not interested in doing that so while some of the recipes look good, I will be making them without the syrups. To start us off, here’s one called Egg Loaf!
    4 eggs, 4 tblspns butter, 4 oz cream cheese (can also add cinnamon which I think I’ll do)
    Combine all the ingredients in a bowl or blender and mix until smooth. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray (or I guess you could use a bit of butter!) and bake at 350F for 20 minutes as muffins or 30 mins in a 9 x 13″ pan.
    Each egg is a serving so this is 4 servings and if you eat the lot, remember that that’s your full allotment of cheese for the day!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you Kafin and Elky, for allowing an “old bat” to walk this path with you! Neither of you probably know this, but I
    didn’t even find this website until I was 14 months into the BSD, 4 of which were maintenance, so this will actually be
    my first joint effort. Let’s remember to check either measurements or the scales on mon. morning. I particularly like
    the capacity that this short, sharp rap may have on us, but I wouldn’t normally follow the advice of a random poster on the
    forums. However, luvtcook has earned the respect of our community, and I trust her judgement implicitly. I so want
    this to be the exercise that breaks your plateau, Kafin. In recent months I’ve been making mini fritattas with goat cheese, so the
    Egg Diet isn’t much removed from that. I know I can do this! You will too! Any of the finer points that need explanation?
    I will go straight to LTC’s email inbox, and share the wisdom in her reply 🙂 🙂 🙂 Could we be pioneers? It would be nice to
    think so! xxx Kafin, Elky and Allie…let’s see what we might accomplish! Anyone or everyone who may like to be part of
    our little band of miscreants..please know that you are more than welcome!!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

You are so not an “old bat”, Allie!! You’re my hero, especially knowing that you did this all on your own before discovering the forum, that’s kind of amazing!! Whatever LTC has to share, I’m all ears since she’s already successfully done one. My only issue is mayonnaise as I don’t like it at all so all my meals will be sans mayo! Roll on Monday and yes anyone wanting to join in, you’re more than welcome!

• posted by Elky
    on

Oh Allie, I’m with Kafin on this, you’re less the old bat and more the pin-up. When I first read about your story I thought, “well yes of course she discarded like that, she’s probably 30”, and I was so inspired when I realised that wasn’t the case. Truly made me feel I stand a fighting chance 🙂

And no fears about forgetting to check tape measure or scales on Monday morning, Kafin and I are nerding out about the things we can measure and record – it’ll probably end up with egg temperature (straight from supermarket; straight from fridge; on bench briefly before cooking…) lol

Any hints and advice from LTC gratefully received!!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Elky, Kafin and Allie!
    This will be very interesting to see — your very own science experiment! I am curious about how it will work and looking forward to your thoughts as you go along!
    I will be following you from Cervinia Italy — my daughter and her new husband are arriving today and we are headed down to the Alps for a bit of hiking (although forecast is for snow ha ha)!
    This will certainly be better than the skim- milk and banana diet I used to do in high school! Oh my goodness, what an insulin raising nightmare that must have been for my poor body! I shudder to think of what damage I was doing.
    Ok, well, good luck and may the egg be with you all!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks Californiagirl – have a great time in Italy and I hope the snow holds off xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys, I like the idea of increasing use of eggs in my diet. I am going to be interested to hear of all egg focused recipes you share.

I am not convinced that 5 days of egg and fat only is right for me, but I am up for 5 days of enough egg and fat and so little veg that I remain in ketosis. I heard Dr Bikman describe being in ketosis as being in the fasted state. – Which sort of makes sense to me. – Your body either has Insulin so low that your body is using ketones for fuel or it doesn’t, and the precise amount of carbs which trigger Insulin will be different for each person. Saying no veg at all for 5 days would ensure you are in ketosis, but I would rather extend beyond 5 days but be having things like mushrooms, or Spanish omelette. Or using the eggs with cauliflower rice to make a fried rice with lots of egg.

I realise I have been suffering health problems caused by constant high Insulin levels for over 30 years. So I am running my own experiment on reversing IR by remaining in ketosis for longer periods. – Which means when I do my weekly shop dropping the one item that will kick me out of ketosis allowance.

on

Kafin, I seriously wasn’t having a go. It is just that as an ‘old bag’ I did the egg diet back in the 1970’s and then it became popular with film stars (remember those words before they all became celebrities) in the 90’s. Back then eggs got a bad press because of the idea they caused high cholesterol but we know different now. So I really am interested in how you get on. For me it is a no no as, after a bout of chicken caused salmonella about 8 years ago, I am now intolerant to eggs (but not chicken funnily) and can manage one or two as long as the yolk is not runny. By the way, I do want to lose weight – I have around 3 stone to lose. So yes, BG control is more important but that doesn’t mean I dont want to be slim as well.

• posted by alliecat
    on

SG, we’re “old bats”, not “old bags”! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Shame no vegetables are allowed. I’ve just had scrambled eggs with fried asparagus …. ticks fit the eggs and olive oil but bad mark for the asparagus! Oh dear!
    Really looking forward to see how you all get on.
    Enjoy Italy Julia. Not so far to fly now!

on

speak for yourself allie 🙂 🙂 – but I deffo prefer bats

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Ok I am loving the sound of this ladies❤️ I have been sat at 15stone for 3 weeks now and it is getting tedious😫. Could I join too please? Where do I go for all the info? Is it in LTC replies created? I think It will be interesting to see the different results we may get! We are all different ages and nationalities so I wonder how big the differences will be if any, if you catch my drift. One European, one American, one Aussie and one kiwi went to mow😂😂. I best get some more eggs in. I had bought a dozen of organic ones and they are in offer at the moment. Maybe I can get my OH to do it too as there is no veg in site😂😂😂. I am excited to do this. Kafin thank you for setting this up for us. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by BeeGirl
    on

I’m going to be following this with interest – thanks for setting it up Kafin.

It’s not something I could do myself as the boredom would do me in, but I’m so interested to see how you guys get on with it. It sounds very similar in concept to the ‘Fat Fast’ that IDM use at times (https://idmprogram.com/what-is-fat-fasting-and-when-should-you-do-it/).

Quite looking forward to new egg recipes too as I like eggs and use them a lot, just couldn’t do it with so little else!

Good luck folks!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I’m also interested to read how our test group get on with this. I was wondering though if anyone had ever made a souffle without the flour for the roux? Or if just whisked egg whites mixed with yolks, maybe some grated cheese, in a buttered dish might work for a pseudo-souffle? Just to ring the changes and get different texture? Or would the grated cheese work with the melted butter to make a “roux”?

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Well of course, you can join in, Birdy – we would love to have you be a part of our eggsperiment. Ok, too cheesy? The info is in my first post, it’s pretty basic – you can still do IF but you need to have a minimum of 6 eggs a day and each egg must be matched by a tablespoon of fat (olive oil, butter etc). Stop eating 3 hours before bedtime, drink lots of water, no cream in your coffee but you can have up to 4oz of cheese a day (must be full-fat cheeses, like cream cheese, brie, cheddar and they don’t count as a fat), although this is optional. From what I have read of people’s experiences, some lose a lot and many don’t lose until the 3rd day so we won’t get discouraged if it happens to any of us, we will see each other through to the end!

JGwen – I understand, especially since you’re a vegetarian and I couldn’t do this long term (not that it’s supposed to be) as I love my veggies. What you’re describing sounds more similar to the transition part where often people continue to lose weight as they slowly add more vegetables and protein back in and bring the fats down slightly. I joined the Facebook group (who are a bit “Masters of the Universe” about their rules!) Egg Fast – Stall = Breaker (diet), more for gleaning information, recipes and inspiration from those posting their results. They have a follow-up group for the transition piece so I’ll post the info on that once we’re about half way through.
    Verano, sounds like you’ve done a modified version this morning! I would love to add some mushrooms to the eggs but in the name of science, I’m going to see how it goes if I follow it to the letter! 🦄 (I couldn’t find a science emoji, so here’s a unicorn instead)

6T – there are all sorts of recipes out there, people have become very creative and I have seen a sort of version of the souffle you describe. I’ll post a few of the recipes I’ve seen after I’ve had my cup of tea. Had terrible insomnia last night so I still haven’t been to sleep but hoping to hold out until tonight in the hopes of crashing and a cup of tea works wonders for me! ☕🍮

Thanks for all the enthusiasm everyone – I’m pretty excited to get started on Monday xx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Kafin,hope the tea leads to a good sleep! Alternatively, just run through GDPR… I’m zzzz-ing already. What I would say to the team is give it a few days before you weigh/measure! Our bodies can only do so much to keep up!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

6T – GDPR would absolutely put me to sleep! Honestly, I could have rewritten that into about 2 pages and saved us a ll a lot of time! Thankfully the revised Data Protection Act is still being reviewed so I have a reprieve!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

So reprieve can hopefully = good sleep tonight! (Lawyers’ exchange for everyone else.. You appreciate us when you need us…)

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi Birdy, I didn’t realise you were stalled too, fingers crossed for the Miracle of the Egg Fast 😊

I clearly need to think about planning some recipes, as tbh I was just thinking about omelettes or scrambled but I guess 5 days of that is a long time…

Kafin, I roared with laughter at your unicorn instead of a science emoji. Hon, to channel Princess Bride, are you sure that word means what you think it means…? lol

And thank you for the clarification that you and 6T were talking secret legal stuff, saved me a lot of time googling acronyms 🙂

And now I just have to resist eating eggs until Monday, because of course now I want them, but I don’t want to get sick of them earlier than I otherwise would!!

• posted by Ilovecatsndogs
    on

I was just reading Atkins’ “fat fast” useful for stalls so I had planned to eat eggs and mayo for a few days myself. But I plan to keep it within the 800 calorie range. It’s about 80 to 90% fat.

He writes that tho you’ll lose weight ( probably a lot of water) you might gain back the weight after the fast is over, so I like your idea of reintroducing proteins and veggies slowly. Thanks, I’ll give that a try!

Hopefully it will help my two week stall.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Please post your experience Ilovecatsanddogs, we’d love to hear how it goes as the Fat Fast seems to also be something to consider for stalls. One of the key takeaways from the egg fast is to not count calories at all, which I like, as if I lose, then it’s all further proof that calories in and calories out are not legit! However, I understand keeping within 800 and I’m curious to hear if you get hungry at all. Best of luck!
    Elky – do not google that stuff, it’s very dry and boring! In fact “inconceivable!”

Ok Team Miscreants (as coined by Allie although a prize to anyone who comes up with an Egg Team name. PS. Your prize is an egg), so here are a couple of things to help us along. At this point, my family would leave the room because they know I’m gearing up for a PowerPoint presentation, complete with backup white board and laser pointer.
    1. If you have Pinterest – the Facebook group I mentioned earlier has pinned recipes if you follow this link – https://pin.it/fmb4dzwch7gp6e
    2. A lot of people in the Facebook group (and elsewhere online) are doing keto so I’m surprised by how much they depend on sugar-free syrups as I thought we were all on board that artificial sweeteners aren’t good. So I’m not planning on using them – sugar-free gives me the runs anyway (trial and error, people, but mostly error) but I leave that up to you. For less of a savory dish, I plan on using cinnamon and vanilla essence.
    3. Ok, this looks yuck to me 🤮 but people apparently rave about it. No amount of raving will get me to try it though.
    https://ketogenicwoman.com/keto-egg-fast-shake/ And if you’re brave enough to make it and you put mayonnaise in it (like some do) then I don’t know if we can still be friends.
    4. This is a link to an egg fast template for you to record eggs, fats, cheese and weight if you so chose, or there are apps for your phones also, which I think I’ll do – https://ketogenicwoman.com/egg-fast-tracker/ and if you scroll down, there’s also a grocery list and sample menus to help with deciding what to eat.
    5. I am going to try making bulletproof coffee as it’s a good way to use an eggs and fats and everyone seems to think it’s amazing. I have a healthy dose of skepticism and fear going in but maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised. And maybe I’ll vomit. Could go either way.
    2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 tablespoon of MCT oil (they do say that if you don’t use this regularly, stick to coconut oil as it takes some getting used to by your body) or coconut oil blended and then add coffee. People do it all different ways, some just froth the eggs and pour that in with everything else so lots of ways apparently. You can leave the egg out, just remember to include any eggs and fat in your total count so they match up at the end.
    6. Lemon filled Danish – looks interesting but not really sure what’s in Lemon essence and lemon zest technically isn’t allowed since it has some carbs.
    https://ketogenicwoman.com/egg-fast-recipe-lemon-filled-danish/?fbclid=IwAR0xiK3iaYs0bXaD6ViQ-2JfdluYh3yCdcozy_MwXrlMQ-5p8ipY28v5Be8

If anyone has any questions, let me know and I’ll see if I can find answers on the facebook site!

• posted by BeeGirl
    on

I’m at work but had to pop on to ask – re the BPC with eggs; will the heat of the coffee not scramble the egg? I’m having serious flashbacks to putting Baileys in Babycham for someone on their birthday 25 years ago and the resulting texture (they drank it like a champ). Do let me know what happens!

on

I am eagerly waiting for the jury on that one too, Bee Girl!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Beegirl – it’s a very common question but apparently not! I have visions of egg drop coffee which sounds very unappealing! ☕️ 🥚
    However we shall see

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I can’t find the science as to why it doesn’t cook so here’s another unicorn. 🦄
    But interestingly enough, egg coffee is a traditional Vietnamese drink, usually made with egg yolks, sugar, condensed milk, and coffee so it’s been around for a while albeit a much sweeter version.

on

Hi kafin!

In addition to my coffees, I made 4 hard boiled eggs and added 3.5 T mayo to the yolks along with minced onion, salt and coarse black pepper, kinda like deviled eggs. I only ate half ( 2 eggs) and was full, so I put the rest away for tomorrow.

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

I’ll watch this space eagerly! Has their been any studies on that fast? Where does it come from etc?
    It seems a little too restrictive for me, especially having to reintroduce food so slowly – but I would def try it if I was plateauing for over 4 weeks!
    Also I love love love œuf mimosa so I would gladly eat several a day 🤣🤣
    Fx ladies

• posted by alliecat
    on

You’re in beautiful, exciting form today, Kafin! I’m so happy to be traveling this road with you and all of the gang. Birdy is
    with us, too! I’m sure that I can do this in the simplest way possible, but hearing lots of new recipes will be a bonus! I
    guess we will be clearing the grocery stores of organic eggs this weekend. 🙂 I’m going to be keeping careful records of
    what I place in my mouth, so that we can all compare our stats. Some of you already know that I followed the BSD for
    many months before I discovered the forums, so I’m looking forward to my first adventure in a shared experience. I’m
    so grateful to LTC for introducing us to this avenue of a quick reboot, and to Kafin for getting us organized! 6 eggs =420
    cal per day, so the remainder is coming from fat (and 4 oz of cheese). I’ve got goat cheese in the house, but should I
    be looking for other cheese for our little experiment? If you tell me that Stilton would be better, I may have to hug you 🙂
    I’m happy you are here too, Elky, and if you tell me that you are in Australia, we will be reaching 3 quarters of the way
    around the globe! Lets all check in monday morning, and start our engines together! You may have started a trend, Kafin…
    I’m reserving hope that LTC will drop by, and release some of her recipes to inspire us. Yes ma’am, she is an extra
    ordinary cook! However, she’s just returned to the fold, and that’s enough to make me sing 🙂 🙂 🙂

on

Oh yikes, an egg shake?

• posted by Kafin13
    on

ILovecatsndogs – deviled eggs is one of the recipes that a lot of people use on this egg fast so thanks for the reminder 😊
    Louise – I don’t know if there are any tests that have been done on this but it was developed by Jimmy Moore who co-wrote the Fasting book with Dr Jason Fung. He had been struggling to lose weight while eating low carb, high fat so was looking for a way to break his stall. He actually did it for 30 days and lost 27lbs although most only do it for 3-5 days. If you break it down, it’s basically just high fat, medium protein and no carbs which is what we’re currently doing but with a few more good carbs like veggies for fiber and nutrients and obviously less variety, hence the short timeframe. I think sometimes we think of eggs as just protein but they actually have 5g of fat as well so a pretty good balance and then adding extra fat increases that macro which is what we aim for in our usual WOE. I suspect you could probably do it with another protein source that has about the same amount of fat as eggs, like a fatty cut of meat but probably not as practical as you’d have to measure it and while I can do eggs at every meal (at least for a while), I don’t think I could do that much meat! So…there’s your Kirsten science and ergo 🦄.

Allie – yes you can have stilton!! Please post me my hug 💕 if I can’t get in person! Any full fat cheese is fine and don’t worry about counting the calories, in fact they stress not to do it, just to make sure you’re getting the egg to fat ratio. From all the blogs, forums etc that I’ve read, if you’re not losing anything, upping the eggs and fats seems to work, as does excluding the cheese (which is optional and probably there so that we don’t go insane). Be sure to have plenty of Himalayan pink salt (apparently it has the most minerals) to replace electrolytes. I hope LTC pipes in, I would love to hear from someone who has done it, the Fb page is good and plenty of very positive results but nothing like hearing it from one of our own xx

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi All, just checking in as we get our plans in order for Monday.

Allie, yes I’m in Australia so unless someone checks in from Fiji or somewhere else east of me then I’ll be the first of us to kick this off on Monday. Another international team event, yay us! It’s a proper little United Nations here 😌

I’m desperate to eat eggs just now but trying not to because I don’t want to get sick of them before the Egg Fast even starts lol I don’t know how Jimmy Moore did it for a month, that’s just amazing.

Cheers Elky

on

Oh my gosh! This is getting to be so eggsciting!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi folks,
    I was thinking about the egg fast idea and thinking that I would need to buy some milk (for the scrambled eggs and omelettes), and then thought but that’s going to incorporate some carbs. –

My guess is the reason for doing something so extreme is that by having 0 carbs you are killing off the bacteria which exist in the gut to digest carbs. Just as you have 0 carbs when water only fasting.

So I wanted to double check, do you add milk to the mixture or just egg and butter?

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi JGwen – you’re absolutely right, no milk or cream which is the only reason I’m contemplating making coffee with coconut oil, an egg and butter (as you know this is bulletproof coffee although minus the egg but all the posts and reviews I’ve read claim that the egg makes it creamy and like latte – I clearly have trust issues as I’m not convinced!). I only have one coffee a day but I don’t want to end up with a headache if I cut it out altogether – I’ve never been grownup enough to drink just black coffee.
    That’s a really interesting theory about the gut bacteria and makes a lot of sense – I’ve become addicted to the Doctor in the House series and he address missing or bad gut bacteria a lot. You get a science unicorn 🦄!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Whoa I have just taken a look at the Facebook group and they are well bossy on the front page! I understand where they might be coming from but flipping heck they are very abrupt🤣🤣🤣. I am looking forward to our little experiment but I need to get stuck into recipes so I know what I am doing. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

It will not surprise anyone to learn that I am not on Facebook, but I agree with you Birdy re the landing page. And what does the “membership approval” process involve?

• posted by Verano
    on

Oh dear! Sounds like the Facebook group might be worth giving a wide berth. I’ve heard that the Facebook BSD group were less than friendly too. I came away from Facebook about 18 months ago but it was quite a performance to get my account closed.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I came off of Facebook back in January but I didn’t collapse my account. It was boring the hell out of me🤣🤣

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi JGwen scrambled eggs and omelettes are my go to “what shall I eat foods” and it’s years since I put milk or cream in them. It really is ok with just butter. Good eggs and good butter are a great marriage.

Please log in or register to post a reply.