Egg Fast

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I agree with you all, completely! I wouldn’t thrive or prosper in the facebook atmosphere…I have a very short fuse when
    it comes to rudeness or any form of bullying. We have created a very different climate here 🙂 Knowing you all is a true
    joy in my life. xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

I think you’re right Allie the climate here is, 99% of the time, friendly and helpful.
    JGwen I sometimes use a little water when I whisk eggs. Not as nice as milk of cream but dose the trick equally as well.
    Can’t wait to see how you all get on!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning egg people!! I just stumbled in here to see what was going on. I cannot eat egg yolks due to digestive issues, but want to say I recently started using diet doctor for the awesome information and recipes. I did pay the 9 bucks for the month and got on their facebook page which is closed to most. Those guys are awesome and have a huge amount of info. Very nice. Also very easy to cancel membership when you have had enough. I have done one free month and one paid month so far. Any question on I ask on facebook a moderato shoots me a wonderful link of knowledge, research, or recipes.

Love you guys and keep going. I am following!

Cat

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Kafin, Elky, Allie, Birdy, and others. Count me in! I reckon I can do this for 5 days. Probably be omelettes for me which I adore and suits me no end!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Yay Kazz! We would love to have you!!! Welcome aboard. Actually now that I am in the Facebook group, they are all lovely and really supportive and results are fantastic! They had to make it a closed group because they had some naysayers who weren’t supportive and disagreed, which is fine but if you disagree, don’t do it! They also want to make it less confusing by just sharing info about the Egg Fast and not keto which a lot of them are doing, that makes sense to me – keep it simple 😁 So, I’m glad I’ve joined and will happily share any good recipes I come across.
    I’m glad you had a good Diet Doctor experience, Cat!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Kazz glad you are joining us! I am going to make the pancakes but without the sweetener for breakfast tomorrow. I will also cook off some boiled eggs to snack on during the day with goats cheeses and butter. I am thinking that I will spread the butter on the cut eggs and eat it that way! I think I may be able to eat a spoonful of coconut oil but I am not sure yet.

Then I will scrambled eggs with goats cheese for supper. Day one sorted🤣🤣

Good luck ladies.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

This sounds right up my street! Eggs and cheese are my staples! To whet your appetite I have just enjoyed a three egg omelette cooked in butter and sprinkled with Stilton and Himalayan salt and pepper! One word- Gourmet!

Good luck with your egg fast- it sounds fab! I’ll be reading your posts!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Delicious, Cathy! Thanks for following along! Birdy, that sounds like an excellent plan and along the lines of my first day too. Elky will be kicking us off and I just checked and its 6:15am in Canberra on Monday morning so she will leading the charge, although I think she’s still going to IF? We are all cheering you on, Elky – release the eggs! Doesn’t have quite the same punch as release the hounds but you get what I mean! 🥚🥚🥚🤣🤣🍳🍳
    PS. If you could also try all the yuck sounding recipes first and let us know what they’re really like, that would be a big help! 😁💕

• posted by Elky
    on

Good morning, Team Miscreants – Egg Fast has officially kicked off Down Under!

I’m not usually a breakfast person during the working week, but this morning I had some rather decadent scrambled eggs (4 eggs and 4 tabs butter), with 20g cheddar (just under an ounce). It made the most enormous pile of eggs lol And black coffee, which I drink a lot of anyway so that’s not really EF specific.

Thanks for the offer that I could try all the gross sounding recipes first, Kafin, that’s really generous of you. Tempting as it sounds, I’ll pass just for the moment 😉

I’m with 6T, I’m not a Facebook person, never have been. But I’m glad that a few of you are cherry picking all the good stuff there for us!

Good luck everyone 😊

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good luck to you, too, Elky! You’ve got the jump on us, living in Australia! At 12:00am I just completed a boil up of hard
    boiled eggs, and my lunches are covered. O/H is quite willing to eat salads with precooked protein thrown in, so that
    makes this protocol easier. Start your engines, bsders! I’ll be on the scales first thing in the morning…

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning my fellow eggstravigant fasters😂. I am sat here with a three egg, three Tbsp of butter with goats cheese scrambled egg! I have also got a bullet proof coffee sans egg😂I just used 18g of goats cheese. It is very buttery! I am not a one for breakfast usually so it is taking a while to get it down!

I weighed myself first thing and I am exactly 15 stone! Here’s hoping this works😂😂. I don’t think I will have scrambled eggs tomorrow😂😂.

Can I drink my AVC on this fast?

Good luck everyone that is doing this! Birdy💞🦜

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

All this talk of buttery scrambled eggs made me hungry so I’ve just, unusually, had some for breakfast, and I’m not doing the EF (pending results from the “guinea pigs”)! Elky, how did you get on? Birdy, what is AVC? And Kazz also starting about now… East Coast Allie and West Coast Kafin, soon over to you! After the sporting cliffhangers yesterday in tennis and cricket (sorry Kafin…) the tension continues!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I love the word “miscreants” Elky, for I’ve been one all of my life! You and kafin are adorable 🙂 You both make me smile!

Kazz, you’ve been holding out on me! Very happy that you will be throwing in with us on this escapade…I hope I don’t
    detest eggs at the end of it! 6:30am is a little early to think about ingesting food, so it’s coffee for me for awhile….

Are you joining us, 6T?

• posted by mistyb
    on

Hi Everyone,
    I’m really interested in trying this in the near future and was looking at some web pages – one of them mentioned not to try this if you have had your gall bladder removed which I had 30 years ago. Was just wondering the reasoning behind this – is it the high fat content? I have been following BSD since January with 2 stones discarded, have now hit a plateau. Given that I love eggs, I was really looking forward to trying this, but now feeling a bit deflated. I have had no problems with high fat content so far.

• posted by alliecat
    on

6T, Birdy meant ACV, which is apple cider vinegar. It’s purported to boost one’s metabolism, and slow down digestion of
    carbs. The reasoning behind it is to drink 1-2tbs in a glass of water before meals. It’s not at all unpleasant combined
    with sparkling water! It’s cloudy, rather than clear, and must contain “the Mother”. I know it’s available in the UK, for
    Birdy just showed me her bottle on thursday. The brand I’m most familiar with is “Braggs”.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi guys – first day back at work so apologies for only just posting. I don’t plan on eating breakfast as I always do 16/8 and it’s really natural so I shall continue with that. I forgot to pick up my lunch box this morning which contained my omelette for lunch! So, called in at the local Co-op when I got off the train and bought 6 eggs and a pack of butter. I microwaved 3 beaten eggs and butter and had that for my lunch. I over microwaved it though and it was a rock hard souflee! I also left my cell phone at home on charge! Not a good start to the week but things can only get better! My work mate swears by ACV. She’s not had a cold in the last 2 years since taking it.
    Allie – it was a last minute decision to join this. I didn’t know about it when we spoke on Saturday.
    Good luck to us all! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Ah Kazzee your day sounds like mine most days! I am blaming mine on menopause😂😂

Well my lunch was a bit more of a success! I had two boiled eggs but mixed up the yolks with two tablespoons of real french mayo and a bit of smoked paprika and then put it back in the whites and sprinkled 20g of full fat cheddar over them. Really quite filling. I am going to have a look for something a little different to do with my supper. There are quite a few recipes out there for this egg fast. I might go without breakfast tomorrow as I really am not used to it! I will try my bulletproof coffee with egg though tomorrow. Can we drink more than one of those in a day? Hope you are all doing well. Now off to walk four dogs!! Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

Really just HAPPY to have you along with us, Kazz! I think it’s probably time to share your technique for preparing a very
    thin egg crepe when our crazy experiment is over. It can be filled and rolled up like a “wrap” and each half has a napkin
    around it, for ease of eating. It’s quite ingenious, really 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I think I may be the last to start and have just had my first egg feast after a delay due to some plumbing issues caused by me thinking it was a good idea to take the bathroom sink apart to determine the slow drainage. Was not a good idea but building manager has fixed it now and we have agreed that I will not use hammers anymore 😁. I had 2 eggs with tablespoon of butter (which I believe is 14g??) as I’m going to be brave and add 1 egg, 1 tbsn butter and 1 tbsn coconut oil to my coffee later on to balance it out. I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast and it wasn’t very buttery because of the ratio so very easy to get down. Well done, Birdy! I’ll ask the Facebook group about the ACV and see what the consensus is!
    6T – did we (NZ) lose some sporting thing?? I don’t follow along very much because we would never get cricket here but I shall claim my American side for the US Women’s soccer team to make up for NZ’s failure!
    MistyB – Welcome, I’d be happy to do some research and see if I can find out a bit more for you. If safe, it would be great if you could join us 😊
    Kazz – sounds like you got hit with a case of the Monday’s, but you rallied!
    Elky, I’m looking forward to hearing how your Day 1 went 🥚👍
    And my lovely Allie – you are so organized! I need to sit down and plan the week I think. I was going to just do it meal by meal but the organizing gene in me is strong. ❤

• posted by alliecat
    on

You are going to do great at this, kafin! It’s already 3:30pm, and I’ve only had 1 egg today..How can I get 5 more down?
    I refuse to be a failure on the first day! Everyone, tell us how you are managing to eat all of this??? 6 eggs are only 36g of
    protein, plus the 4 oz of cheese, of course!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Ok, early days for me yet but so far I’m loving having more food than I normally would! Currently I’m having two hardboiled eggs with a tbspn of olive oil and one of avocado oil, salt and pepper. It’s all mixed in with the eggs so no oily mess in the bottom and really tasty.
    This might be a good one to make, Allie – Cheese and Egg Quiche:
    12 eggs, 4 tbspn mayo, 8 tbspn butter, herbs/paprika, salt/pepper, 4 oz sharp cheddar. Preheat oven to 325, blend all ingredients except cheese until smooth. Butter pie plate ad spread cheese evenly. Pour egg mixture on top and bake 45 mins. 6 portions and each is 2 eggs, 2 fat and 2/3 of oz of cheese.
    I usually have coffee around three so I’m going to add an egg to that and I’m thinking of pancakes (2 eggs, 2oz mascarpone, vanilla essence and cinnamon, spread with butter) for dinner! Maybe I’ll post a recipe a day, if that would be helpful?
    Go team eggs!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, my sweet! I very much like the idea of using an entire box of eggs for one recipe. I can saw off chunks during
    the day! Off to the store to haul i n supplies 🙂

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Poor Birdy has run out of butter and the store isn’t close. I’m not sure she was onboard with my helpful suggestion of finding cow, milking and churning. I’m all about solutions 😁

• posted by Birdy76
    on

😂😂. Kafin you really do make me laugh. I would quite happily milk a cow! Honest😂😂. I have mayo and a hard boil egg to start me off in the morning and I will go shopping to get 6 packs of butter tomorrow. I am determined to do this, even if it is just to see if it works and how my body feels after it.

I had cheese omelette for my supper. I am looking forward to making the mascarpone pancakes with vanilla essence and cinnamon.

Day 1 done guys. Only four more to go❤️❤️

• posted by alliecat
    on

Day one done in the UK Birdy, but your adoring fans in the USA still have dinner to serve!!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I’m having pancakes for dinner because…well, because I can!! Well done, Birdy xx

• posted by Ilovecatsndogs
    on

Great idea about the quiche! I suppose you can mix some mayo in it for more fat.

Really delicious are Japanese style eggs “tamago-Yaki “. You mix a little soy sauce into them and beat well, cooking like an omelette, then slicing them into about 1 inch strips. You can use lotsa butter to fry them. Normally you’d eat with rice and Japanese cukes and pickles, but on BSD, having them alone is still yummy!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I think so 😼and🐶! A lot of this will be trial and error and depending on taste buds. I just made the bulletproof coffee with butter, coconut oil (which gives it a really nice flavor) and an egg. Egg did not cook, nor can I taste it. In fact, the only thing wrong with it, is the coffee is a bit bitter! I think it’s a great way to use up an egg and some fats, especially if you want to get rid of some fats because they’re overwhelming your eggs .

• posted by Elky
    on

Good morning all, Day 2 kicking off Down Under.

And goodness what a lot has been going on among you all while I’ve been tucked up in bed!

I am pleased to report that the Egg Fast is going well … but I can’t believe it’s going to work because I’m eating like a horse! Had a delicious 4 egg omelette for dinner last night, with a bit of cheese, and my buttery scrambled eggs again this morning. Because they were so darn good, I just wanted to!! But this morning I didn’t have cheese with them because I logged yesterday’s “input” in my tracker and thought, oh boy. Yes I know we’re encouraged not to, but I guess I’m used to doing it.

The breathalyser is reporting very low numbers, definitely not where I would be 24 hours into a water fast. But let’s see how it tracks over time.

Anyhoo, I must confess this suits me so well because I’m a lazy baggage in the kitchen most of the time and this means I barely have to think about cooking lol Eggs, butter, pan, heat, done. A perfect WOE 😊

How’s everyone else doing? Sounds like you’re being much more creative in the kitchen than me. I think if I want to use mayo I’ll need to make my own, as supermarket brands here seem to be higher in carbs than the ones you’re using. Not that making mayo is hard … eggs, oil, bowl, whisk… it’s almost as easy as the cooking I’m doing lol

6T, I’ll be interested to see if you get tempted into the next round of this (assuming it actually works of course!). Gotta love a buttery scramble 😊

Unless it’s in the microwave – oh Kazz, you’re a brave soldier for using the microwave, I’ve never managed anything but nasty eggs that way, no matter how carefully I watch them.

And Kazz, Allie’s reference to your really thin egg crepes sounds great – yes please can you share the secret to making them super thin?

Allie, I stole the word “miscreants” from you 😊 And yes Kafin and are definitely egging each other on (I’m here ‘til Thursday, try the veal) I’m amazed that you’re struggling to get through the eggs, I am such a greedy guts it’s just not a problem for me!!

Kafin, good to hear you’ve decided plumbing is not your career change of choice lol And would you believe that the tablespoon to gram conversion will depend on whether it’s US or UK/Aus tablespoons? Sigh. My understanding is the US tablespoon is a whisker bigger, but I’m sure it doesn’t matter for these purposes.

You have all talked me into the weird coffee with egg… I will give it a crack this evening …. If I don’t check in tomorrow, you know what happened. <Gulp>

Kafin, your quiche recipe looks really good, I might try that – if I can bestir myself to cook that much!

OK folks, onwards with Day 2 – good luck all!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Misty – I’ve been doing some research re gallbladders and the egg fast and was interested to see that low carb high fat can be done b but you have to be a little more careful with your fats and the way your body removes bile. Which I’m sure you know since you’ve been without it for a long time and I see you’ve been doing this WOE since January? So I don’t want to presume anything or obviously give you advice because I deal in 🦄 science and of course you will know your own body better than any of us.
    What I did read is that without adequate protein, the liver won’t produce enough bile for the body to digest fats and allow nutrient absorption so it would seem that on an egg fast, you would be getting the protein with the eggs and because you have to match the fats at the same time, maybe that’s why it works??? I wish I could find something more definitive but there isn’t much out there, more around gallstones and pre- removal. I don’t know what your doctor is like and if they support LCHF but maybe check in with them and try one day and see how you go?

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi to all the Miscreants. Cheering you on from the sidelines, and it’s been interesting reading all your interesting food ideas and recipes. Good to incorporate into my daily fare. Glad to hear the coffee worked out Kafin. How did you prepare it? Wizz all the ingredients together with a stick blender – or add the egg into the coffee and stir?

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

@elky I love the kewpie mayonnaise. It’s « only » 5% carbs so might be ok if you don’t want to make your own.
    Although homemade can’t be beaten since it’s basically carb free.
    Im curious to see the results of your EF. Keep going, great work!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Merry – thanks for the support! I whizzed everything up except the egg and then added that and whizzed again. Elky reminded me about cinnamon so will add that tomorrow.
    I’ve just ended my day with the pancake, 2 eggs, 2oz mascarpone, vanilla and cinnamon. I cooked it in one tbspn of butter and melted the other on top so that my fast matches. I LOVED it!! Might try cream cheese tomorrow to mix it up but this is staying on the menu for me. So that’s 9 eggs and fats and 3 cheeses for me. And lots of water and pink salt.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Happy 2 am you guys! I see you are getting along just fine here. You make me laugh!

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Now I am daydreaming of pancakes with butter! Sounds delish!
    And I have just tried my tea with cream Elky – not bad! ☕☕

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Day 2 has kicked off in the UK 🇬🇧! I have had my bulletproof coffee and I had egg in it this time and it was good! Very frothy! I even got my work colleague to try it😂. I have a hard boiled egg and mayo to eat later!

I need to consume more water today though as feeling a little bunged up😫.

I am going to have the pancakes tonight! Fingers crossed I don’t burn them.

I also jumped on the scales and I am down 4lbs! Let’s see if it stays off. Good luck to all today.❤️ Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by mistyb
    on

Thank you Kafin! I’m convinced I can cope with the fats given all the chip butties I have consumed in the past 30 years with no side effects (apart from the obvious). Since January, I have brought my bsl down from diabetic to pre diabetic, but have now stalled probably due not to carbs, but portion size. I do love my steaks! I think this could be just the solution to kickstart me again. We have a family barbecue /birthday coming up at the weekend but after that I’m going to stock up and give it a go. In the meantime, I’m going to be watching with great interest. (BTW, I had to search for this thread as it had disappeared) Good luck everyone!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good afternoon eggheads/miscreants! I’m having the BEST time being freed from time in the kitchen! Why didn’t we
    think of this sooner?!? More time to get into my email inbox! I didn’t plan well yesterday, because I forgot to eat until
    3:30pm. Only managed 4 eggs, but I’m organized now, first egg onboard by 10:00am, along with a bite of goat cheese.
    You must be an accomplished cook, Ilovecatsanddogs, and I will be trying your pancake strips with soy. I guess that
    I can’t use scallions in it, though. … Misty, what is a chip buttie? (I’m a clueless American!)

• posted by mistyb
    on

Hi Alliecat – It’s two slices of white bread, loads of butter and fat fries sandwiched in between!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi guys! Merry thank you for your support hun, have missed you and I hope you are well on the mend?❤️

So Elky would have finished and will be catching some zzzz’s now and I look forward to hearing how her second day went.

Kafin I would be with you on the less time in the kitchen for this fast, but I still have to cook for my boys😫. I have had my bulletproof coffee this morning with the egg and it was fine😂. I then had a bit of cheddar and a boiled egg with mayo. I have gone for a new one! Helmanns olive oil one as it is very low in carbs and sugar. Haven’t tried it yet but I am looking forward to it tomorrow. I then had two more boiled eggs for lunch with two tbsp’s of mayo and 25g’s of cheddar sprinkled over the top! I did add a small amount of whole grain mustard with bird eye chilli’s in it to the mayo, my god it was tasty. Thankfully I have been to the loo at last! Sorry to be gross but I really thought I was already getting egg bound!! I am very happy with my ketosis as I am
    0.49 already and i think it was actually quicker to get to this number than it is with a normal fast. Here’s hoping it will be higher tomorrow.

For my supper I made the mascarpone crepes, 2 eggs so used a tbsp of butter to cook them in and then melted the other tbsp on them and ate them. They take a little longer to firm up than ones with flour but tasted good and are very filling!

So my egg count is 6 matched with fat.

I have also had a glass of psyllium husks in water! I didn’t like it as it is like drinking a load of sandy water😂😂. But I think it will help me not to get egg bound😂. I had lost 4lbs this morning but I have been a little bloated today! I am hoping there will be even more change in my weight tomorrow. I know we probably shouldn’t be jumping on scales everyday but I feel I need to it.

If I get peckish later I will have a slice of goats cheese. But I am not wanting anymore eggs unless it is in a bulletproof coffee😂

I am going to make the Alfredo pasta tomorrow. But I am back on night shift tomorrow night! I don’t know what to do so I will probably fast then eat when I get home Thursday morning.

Allie how are you doing on your second day?

Almost on day three for me👌 Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Kafin13
    on

4lbs, Birdy! That’s amazing and I’m like you, I want to weigh in every day to see progress but I have told myself not to be to upset if it’s not showing the massive numbers others often see. After day 1, I’m down 1.6lbs which doesn’t seem real given how much I ate. But even better, my breathalyzer showed 0.5 this morning which I haven’t hit since before the July 4th debacle. I didn’t really sleep last night so my energy is a bit low but I do plan on cooking some other things today. I think it was Allie who was pleased from being freed from the kitchen, Birdy, not me but I do understand – it’s easier for me not having to cook for anyone else. I want to maybe make the egg loaf or cloud bread today as my hard boiled eggs are more for emergencies, I feel like if I’m making an effort to make it a meal then I won’t get bored as I might, just eating hard boiled eggs.
    Allie – I’m glad you’re freed from the kitchen and I can’t believe you forgot to eat! That never happens to me 😁. We also do chip butties in NZ although I haven’t had one in years. Over here, you can get a California burrito which is a burrito with chips/fries inside it but I prefer to eat mine separate. Ok, enough thinking about stuff that isn’t eggs!
    Misty, I don’t know if you’re on Facebook but the egg fast group I joined has lots of people who do it without a gall bladder and don’t seem to have issues. It might be worth joining and communicating with them directly for any tips?
    Elky will still be asleep but we were chatting yesterday and she was going to make the pancake for dinner so I”m looking forward to hearing how she got on. Kazz – how are things today?
    Thanks supporters for following along with us 🍳🥚☕👨‍👩‍👧‍👧

on

Hi Elky,

Is the breathalyzer expensive? I have bought two brands of keto stix and they have been defective so would like to try something more accurate. I just received a check from a class action suit against Safeway’s ( a grocery store in the states) home delivery and will use that.

Allie, I’m excited for you to try the “tamago- yaki”. It’s normally on my list of meals for the BSD diet, along with sautéed cabbage on the side. I used to be a saute cook in restaurants and hotels for many years but the tamago is from my Japanese mama’s recipes. My family loves them!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Lovecatsanddogs – are you in the US? I just bought one from amazon and it was $10.49. They’re pretty cheap so probably not super accurate but supposed to be better than the sticks and mine seems to be very consistent 😊

on

Thanks kafin!
    I’ll check out the meters on amazon

• posted by Elky
    on

Good morning, and Day 3 commences Down Under.

OK, first and most important, I completely recant on bulletproof coffee. Despite all my fainting in corners, pressing a pale hand to my fevered brow and declaring “why Ah could just neva” <please read in full on Scarlett O’Hara voice>, I had it this morning and it is flipping fantastic. Seriously, for all those who, like me, shuddered at the very thought – give it a crack, it’s delicious.

I followed Kafin’s instructions to the letter (coconut oil + butter, add coffee, whisk with stick blender, add egg, stick blender again, cinnamon optional) and it was very tasty indeed. OK, I also over-blasted it with the blender at first, so it went everywhere but that’s hardly the recipe’s fault. (Hey, don’t laugh, it was 6am and still pitch black outside so it felt like 2am, my brain was definitely not on line yet.) Naughty words may have been said, but learning by doing, eh? 😊

I also made Kafin’s mascarpone crepes for dinner last night (I know, I know, I’d clearly be eating the egg carton if I didn’t have Kafin to tell me what to cook next!) and they were very good. Because I am a guts, I fiddled around with quantities so I could get two crepes – that was probably overkill because I actually really felt the extra butter in the second one, could have done without it. But fear not, that didn’t stop me scoffing every bit on my plate lol

LouiseK, thanks for the suggestion re: Kewpie mayo – I actually have some in the fridge but it has this weird label that’s printed on the bottle. It immediately blurred when it went in the fridge and I couldn’t read the nutritional label so I don’t even think of it lol So thanks for reminding me of it!

Merry, glad the cream in tea appealed to you!!

Allie how on earth do you forget to eat??!! I dream about doing that … sometimes they’re nightmares lol

Birdy, you are doing outstandingly well – congratulations! And glad you’re not egg bound lol Really interested in your ketosis numbers as they’re the opposite of mine: I have sat around 0.35 for the entire time to date, which is about where I was before I started the EF. Whereas on a water fast I would be well over 0.5 by now, maybe at 0.6.

I do the sandy water every morning, so I’m used to it lol Yes it is quite effective 😉 The other thing I think may make a difference for me is that I take a magnesium supplement and I suspect it has the slightest slightest slightest helpful effect that way. Nothing dramatic like Epsom salts, but magnesium tends in that direction… Don’t know if anyone else finds that with a magnesium supplement (I’m not a great supplement person usually but Fung goes on so much about how we’re all probably magnesium deficient that I got paranoid!)

Kafin, OMG the scales have moved for you!! And your breathalyser too!! Happy dance here, that’s such great news. (And, you know, thanks for saving me from eating the egg carton 😉)

Birdy and Kafin, I’m with you on not being able to stay away from the scales. I was down 0.5 kilo (1 pound) this morning. I won’t swear that it’ll stick yet, as I am one of those people who can yo yo around a weight point for ages and ages. But it is interesting given that I’ve been eating like a horse – 8 eggs each day on days 1 and 2, corresponding fat, and a bit of cheese. Maybe not the full 85g / 3 ounces but close. Which comes out close to *twice* the 800 calories I otherwise try to keep to. So to lose anything while eating like that sure is proof that calories aren’t calories, and the body treats fat differently. Yes I know we all know that already, but I’m finding it kind of amazing to see it demonstrated in my own body, and after such a short period of time. I mean, can you imagine if I’d spent the last two days at 1500 calories made up of wine and crisps? (Or Misty’s chip butties?! Yep, we have them in Oz too – an outstanding British export to its colonies lol)

Ilovecatsanddogs, yep, I agree with everything Kafin just said. Mine was about $30 Australian, tells you everything about where the exchange rate is going, sigh. If you decide to get one, remember they take batteries so make sure you have batteries in the house or you won’t be able to play with your new toy straightaway when it arrives 😊 (Kafin, looking at you, hon LOL)

OK miscreants and cheer squad, on with Day 3.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Ilovecatsanddogs. The model of breathalyser you are looking for is the AT6000 – you will find it for sale on either amazon or ebay.

The tip to getting a measurement is that you need to blow the last of your breath emptying your lungs during the testing stage. So what I do is take in a breath at the time I press the start button, hold the breath for the earlier part of the count down. Then it gets down to 30 I start to count with it under my breath, so by the time the sensor sounds its the last of your breath that you are blowing into the machine.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi guys. I hate being disorganised and I am right now with the decorator/handyman friend of mine in, however, I can report day 2 down and great scrambled eggs, butter and cheese for lunch. I do have wind! But may be thats my gut bacteria buggering off? I feel great, full and satiated. I’m on the minimum of 2 meals and three eggs each meal. I could easily not eat again after lunch as I’m not hungry. Birdy, 4 lbs after one day? 😁👍 👏👏👏👏👏👏

See you tomorrow xxx

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Elky – a pound down is great! A lot of people ramp up to a big discard and I feel like we’re those people 😊 I’m glad I can help out on recipes although I think the original plan was for you to be the guinea pig??? I totally agree re the coffee, do you reckon we might be wrong about the egg shake??? I’m not sure I can do it, despite the rave reviews. Over-blasting is a common problem, you’re not the first to be enthusiastic! ☕
    I also take magnesium because I am actually deficient so not sure if that has anything to do with it, but so far, not having any bathroom issues. I was a bit horrified, Elky when I totted up the calories so this has been a good reminder about the value or lack thereof of measuring by calories. It is nice to feel full again, something that I don’t really experience on Fast 800.
    Yes batteries, Ilovecatsanddogs – don’t be faced with a life threatening decision like I was – breathalyzer or TV remote 😊
    Well done, Kazz, sorry about the wind! The only thing I am experiencing a little is heartburn, which I usually only get if I’m eating crap but it seems common with this egg fast and everyone swears by half a teaspoon of baking soda in water so will try that.
    For lunch today I made cloud bread – 3 eggs, 3 mayos – and then fried and egg and split a butter between the egg and crisping up the bread in a frying pan a bit. Added an oz of brie and it was a delicious egg sandwich!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thought I would post the recommendations around transitioning back to LCHF so we can all be prepared – one of the biggest issues people face is gaining it back and I would hate for us to undo the work we just did!

Of course, these are just guidelines and I’m not an expert, I’m only a unicorn 🦄 so do whatever works for you! Below is what seems to have worked the best for the majority of the Facebook group people (and for reference, there are nearly 15,000 members in the transition group and 51,000 in the egg fast group!)

NOT KIRSTEN WORDS!
    When transitioning, you do NOT need to keep the egg/fat ratio like on the egg fast.. You actually should begin lowering your fats from that of egg fast… Use about half the amount of fats that were used during your egg fast. For example: if you have 5 eggs then only use 2.5 tbsp of fat. If you use a fatty meat, don’t add extra fat to it. If you use a lean mean then add a little fat to it.

Don’t still follow your regular macros until you are fully back to BSD…
    We have found that the most effective way to transition back to LCHF with minimal weight gain is to transition as many days that you egg fasted. Example: If you egg fasted for 7 days then transition for 7 days… we recommend starting with 3-6oz of protein, beginning with the lower end and working your way up if you want. Start transition by adding a protein to a meal for 2-3 days, then protein to two meals for 2 days, then you can slowly start adding 1/2c. veggies ( lettuce or spinach is best) to one meal and so on until you’re back to your normal LCHF lifestyle. You can also choose to take the 3-4oz of protein and divide it up between your meals for the day, along with your eggs. Below is an example of how it’s recommended to transition…

You can try to add a veggie on day one but many have problems in the beginning with the veggies.. so we suggest starting with one meal of protein only (unprocessed protein preferably and you can have an egg with the protein as well if you want)… and I personally would start at the low end of the 3-6 oz and work my way up by the end of transition…AGAIN…you also do not need to match eggs to fats while transitioning.. you can bring the fat down… it’s actually better to lower fats from what you were having on egg fast….

Day 1 and 2, have eggs and some fats for all meals except one and have around 3-4oz of a protein. OR split your protein up between your meals all day. Which ever works best for you.

Day 3, have eggs and fats for at least one meal, and you can do two meals of a protein. If you do Two meals, I would so 3oz meat for each meal to total 6oz for the day. You can have eggs along with your protein meals if you want.

Day 4, Eat like day three, but add one very low carb veggie to one of the meals. such as spinach, or lettuce

First day after transitioning is over, continue to slowly add in your BSD foods, and try to pay attention to what food may have stalled you before. Don’t freak out if you have a small gain and/or fluctuate, remember your body is trying to understand whats going on and deal with the changes. and when going from virtually no carbs to adding carbs, even veggies, can cause a little water gain in the beginning, while your body is readjusting. Its definitely not a fat gain.

KIRSTEN WORDS
    Hope this helps, looks like we’ll still be together doing this transition next week!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Have just made another pancake for my dessert, people and this time I used 2 eggs, 1 tbspn mayo, 1 tbspn mascarpone and some lemon essence. This was I only had to use one butter on top instead of drowning it in two like yesterday. You cannot taste the mayo, which is key for me, and it has a nice lemon taste. It would be better sweeter but it’s still pretty good!
    Because of my lack of sleep, I woke up later which made it harder to get all the eggs in because I didn’t have the time to spread them out as much and I was quite full but still managed 9. Facebook seem to think 8-10 is optimal so we will see if my body agrees tomorrow. To be honest, I’m finding the breathalyzer readings more fascinating…probably because they’re more impressive😁
    On to day 3 tomorrow – best of luck for those waking up while I’m in bed and starting their new day xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.