Egg Fast

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

@kafin13 come join me in my weekly fast! 😁
    I was just listening to some good podcast episodes in the obesity code podcast and according to the Fung & Ramos team the magic number is 3.
    Fast 3 times a week, whether consecutive or not, do whatever work with your lifestyle, the most important part is being consistant.
    I’ve chosen to try and do my 3 days consecutively because I work outside the house for 3 days and I find it much easier to fast when busy and away from a kitchen 😅
    This is my 3rd week and I’ve lost 1.5kg in my first week and 2kg in my 2nd.
    These are massive results for me. I’m usually a slow/average loser, ~700gr per week on average. The weight drops quickly during the fast then it stays stable for the 4 days where I eat MSD to satiety.
    Let’s see if this continues.
    I will be keen to try 3 days fasting on alternate days too, might be easier? So 3 times 24-42hrs.
    Anyway, you’ll find me in the fasting thread!!

Oh I’m probably going to do an egg fast in 2 weeks, I hope I can leverage your knowledge then 🤓

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Kafin and any other slow losers
    I went looking for an article on fat decoupling by Dr Bikman last night, to provide as a link to someone else I was having a conversation with and I came across a podcast which I think will be helpful for the slow loosers. – Its not easy listening, its 2 phd level nutritional scientists having a conversation, but I think it will help those who are slow losers understand what is happening within their bodies. I have put a link up on the Take a look at this thread to the podcast.

on

Interestingly @jgwen I just finished listening to a podcast where Megan Ramos explain exactly that – the slow losers having really efficient bodies and low metabolism. She talks on how to reverse this and tackle that issue but it’s buried with lots of other info so maybe not that useful to share.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Louise, please do share the link to the podcast. – I think this is a topic that a few people on the forum would appreciate links to.

on

It was on one of the episode of the Obesity Code – I think Yo Yo Dieting one.
    I’ve listened to 5-6 of them today so they all blur together 😅 will try and find it

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi Kafin

I am interested in fasting. I do 16:8 on week days. I have the Jason Fung intermittent fasting book which I love! I’ve done a couple of 42 hour fasts and could have gone on longer but was afraid that it was a game I could have played and won so I packed in after 42 hours. The first 24 hours were the hardest. I didn’t lose a lot of weight fasting but like it because it makes me feel free, no thinking about food and I know is good for my body. It took me 11 months to lose 42 lbs in 2017. Slow and steady. The lesson I took was not to compare my loss to others. When I first started BSD a lot of people who started with me got to their goal a lot quicker and it made me feel envious and wondered what I was doing wrong. We are all different. Medication may have an affect on weight loss. Just keep positive Kafin and believe that it will work and like me, keep plodding slowly and steadily to your goal weight: I hope you don’t mind me asking but have you got a lot of weight to lose to get to goal? I currently am trying to lose 20 lb and am hoping to be there by end of November. Am envisaging myself looking slim at the office Christmas party!!! Keep plodding Kafin!
    We can be the tortoises in the race.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks, Cathy – I really appreciate this message and you describe many of the feelings I’m having! I don’t like feeling envious of people especially those that I care about but it is frustrating to be doing everything right and not seeing the same progress. I currently do 16:8 and have fasted a lot in the past on a different program but I was much busier then and not working from home so I found it easier.
    42 hours is impressive! And yes I’ve read that you don’t lose much on fasts per se but maybe the accumulation of them over time is what shifts the hump! At least in my unicorn 🦄 science head, that’s how it works!!
    In 2015, I lost 50lbs in 4 months but I was eating only about 200 cals and then binging on the weekend so it wasn’t healthy. And as soon as I hit my goal, I just started eating again, so obviously wasn’t sustainable. As much as I want to lose the weight, I know that’s not practical or healthy.
    No, I don’t mind you asking! I’m 5ft5 (and a bit) and I’m currently 176lbs. I’d like to get to 135 but 145 would be great and probably makes me look healthier. I’m pretty evenly fluffy (prefer that to fat) all over so a lot of people have commented that I don’t look my weight. But I feel it and just want to get to a more comfortable place and not just for aesthetic purposes.
    I would love to lose it all by November too but I just end up disappointed when I don’t hit my targets so will just focus on sticking to plan and making adjustments as I go along. I feel like like within the parameters of this WOE, we all need to figure out the adjustments for our individual selves and that can be tricky.
    Let me know if you start an extended fast and job permitting, I’ll join in and we can support each other! 🐢 🐢

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks JGwen – I appreciate you looking out for me and others struggling with slow or no loss. Will set aside some time to really pay attention!
    Hi Louise – Thanks, I may join you, just depends on work schedule at the moment 😊

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Kafin, my fellow tortoise, I am aiming to get to 133 lbs which takes me to the top of a healthy BMI. I am 5’1 and currently weigh 151 lb. we can definitely plod together over the next few months. I’ve found maintenance as difficult as losing weight And although I maintained my weight for over a year, this year I’ve struggled and hence am determined to get back to goal. There are some old friends who started with me in 2017 on the August thread, dreamscometrue and SueBlue and we have been plodding together for two and a half years, supporting each other and I couldn’t have got to goal without the support and encouragement of the people on the forum. One of the things I realised when I got to goal weight was that it doesn’t matter how long it takes. There are some really supportive people on the August thread and I believe that by encouraging each other and staying focused we will get to where we want to be. We have to keep positive, keep low carb and keep plodding together. See you over on the August thread. I am on day 3 tomorrow………. 🐢🐢(me and you).

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Just popping in to say that after finishing the EF, both Elky and I have experienced, high jumps in our breathalyzer. During the EF this time, mine was pretty consistently low, around 0.3/04 (with one very short-lived 0.8). Normally doing the regular WOE, it’s about 0.5. Since I finished (and I didn’t do the transition like they recommend because I didn’t lose anything so basically got miffed and said to hell with it!), it’s been 0.6/0.7 consistently with no drops. The first time around, it was pretty high the whole time. I have no explanation other than 🦄 science and Harry Potter magic but just thought I’d share 😊

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

That’s very interesting Kafin and Elky! Fascinating how the egg fast plays out over time.
    And I laugh every time I see your 🦄 unicorn science comment Kafin, it’s a perfect description of processes so complex even scientists don’t get it all! I read a article from a scientific metabolism journal yesterday about thyroid and insulin and the authors were as mystified as me, although mine was because I didn’t understand 99/100ths of the article and theirs was because it was new information!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Julia – 🦄 science is very apt isn’t it!! I start reading one thing and then end up down a rabbit hole on a bunch of other things, none of which I entirely understand. And I’m terrible about watching videos or listening to podcasts, would much rather read as I seem to retain it better. I got about four minutes in the Bikman one that JGwen posted and realized that after they introduced themselves, all I could remember was the shopping list I’d composed in my head!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I’m just posting here because I like this thread and all my eggy friends! Elky, I know we chat most days but hi! Allie, Kazz, Birdy, Wendy – my other EF partners, how are you all doing? My breathalyzer has continued to be elevated since the EF which was over a week ago, so I’m pleased with that and even though it didn’t work weight wise for me, I’m reconsidering my “no stupid EF for me ever again” (NSEFFMEA – for Cathy. I know you’re good but that one would’ve been stretching it 🤩) position. If my breathalyzer drops again, maybe it would be a good 🦄🦄 experiment to see if just a couple of EF days bring it back up.
    Right, I have managed to beg a brand new laptop from a company for my foster kid that I advocate for so am excited to give it to her today! Have a good day everyone 🥚🥚🥚

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello to all in the Egg Fast Clubhouse!

I am having exactly the same experience with my breathalyser as Kafin is with hers. The numbers are so consistently high that I wondered if it was broken, but it did drop briefly after dinner last night. And I changed the batteries just to be safe! (I know the cheap little breathalysers are not super accurate, but I do think they provide a bit of a guideline.) All I can think of is that the EF, followed by being super careful to stick below 20g of carbs each day, has pushed me deeply into ketosis. I have not had this experience just by staying below 20g, it seems that the EF is an important ingredient.

Anyway, I am certainly inclined to do an EF again at some point, but then I didn’t get sick of eggs like most other people, so it’s probably easier for me to say that 🙂

Cheers, Elky

• posted by Billmag2
    on

I am doing the fast 800 diet but now realise I may be misreading the calories for one person. For example, on P174, the porridge recipe states the 4tbsp of porridge etc. equal 370cals and serves 2.Does this mean that I should be eating half of the porridge and if so does that equal 370 cals. or 185 calories??
    Please someone clarify this for me. Thanks so much.
    Bill

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Bill – the Fast 800 book is actually a bit off on the calorie count and so most of us choose to use an app to count our carbs etc. I’m not sure where you’re located, I’m in the US and I use Calorie King but I think a lot of people use MyFitness Pal. Are you able to download one of those and input the amounts? In the book it states on page 169 that’s all calorie counts are per portion. For the record, 370 for those ingredients is estimating too low. I wouldn’t rely on the calorie counts in the book. I hope that helps 😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have decided that my listless approach to ridding myself of the extra pounds gained whilst away in Turkey needs a serious shake up and that the Egg Fast might just be what is needed to really get things shifting in the right direction/ So, I have decided to get focused and start an egg fast tomorrow. My plan is to doing it for three or four days – depending on how great the inevitable pressure is from OH and how long I can hold out against it!

As someone who discards very slowly, I’d be happy with a downward shift of 2 or 3lb, as this would bring me to within reasonable hitting distance of my target weigh and within hope of getting under it, before we go off to India on 19th Sept. Will report on how things go, but meanwhile, any advice would be appreciated.

on

Hey SunnyB, I’m starting one today too, to kick off the extra weight from my holiday. I plan on doing it for 3 days then move onto a water fast, maybe. Let’s see how it feels! 🙂

• posted by Kafin13
    on

At JGwen’s request, these are the recipes I found most useful on the EF 😊

Egg Quiche
    12 eggs, 4 TBspn Mayo, 8 TBspn melted butter, sprinkle of dried herbs, salt and pepper, 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese.
    Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Blend all ingredients except cheese in a blender until smooth. Butter a round pie plate (I used a square pyrex one the second time around and worked fine) and spread the cheese evenly in it. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and bake for 45 minutes or until set. Cut into six portions (can be eaten cold or reheated in the microwave). Each serving is 2 eggs, 2 fats and 2/3 of an ounce cheese.
    * I actually upped the cheese since you don’t get that much per slice. Butter will pool on the top so I poked holes to let it seep in. I also put parchment paper down.

Cloud Bread (or Oopsie Bread) – Elky, would you put this recipe up? I can’t seem to find it. I made it and then crisped up in a non stick pan and slapped a fried egg between two. I also made one with cinnamon and vanilla and had that with a schmear of mascarpone or cream cheese.

Pancake or Waffle
    2 eggs, 2 TBspn mayo, vanilla essence, cinnamon.
    Blend together and either add to waffle iron or frying pan for a large pancake/crepe. I spread mine with a little cream cheese but depending on where your egg/fat ratios are for the day, you could use butter. You cannot taste the mayo!

Bulletproof Coffee
    Blend coffee, 1 TBSPn butter, 1 TBSPn coconut oil with vanilla and cinnamon to taste and then add an egg and blend again. (you will need to find another meal to add an egg in to make this equal out. I managed it by making scrambled eggs with one butter unit to balance it all out)

Let me know if you need any rule clarifications and if anyone else has any good recipes, feel free to add! Best of luck xx🥚🥚🍳🍳

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Think I will try the cloud bread Kafin, have managed to find a recipe online for that and the quiche sounds interesting, so might give that a whirl too. But that pancake sounds fab – one for tomorrow’s menu definitely, that will be my first meal for the day. Not sure I’m brave enough for the bulletproof coffee, but I might need to give it a try … see below.

Today I had scrambled egg with a little crumbled stilton on top at around 14.00 and for dinner it was omelette with some garlic and a combination of three cheesse and a little mayo. I ambitiously made the omelette with four eggs, but found I couldn’t eat it all, so had to dispose of a little of it in the recycling bin. If I’m honest, I was struggling to managed the prescribed amount of fat – realised about an hour after my first meal, that I had only had a third of the fat I should have done and I was also a bit short at dinner too. Compensated a little by taking a spoon of my very good Turkish olive oil, but the bulletproof coffee is probably an answer here … maybe later.

Managed to ‘fly under the radar’ with the egg fast today, so OH hasn’t been aware of anything different happening, so no complaints from him. Might manage the same tomorrow, as he is out working all day, which will just leave me Wednesday to work around.

LouiseK – hope your first day has gone will too. Indeed, I hope everyone who is currently giving this a go has had a good day.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Sunny – there is an egg fast app that you can download to keep a daily tally of your eggs fats and cheeses which I found helpful.
    I also bought lemon essence to change up the pancake. I think I mentioned earlier that they allow sugar free sweeteners up to a certain amount each day but I choose not to bother. Although they would be good on a pancake!!
    I found that making scrambled eggs in smaller batches allowed the butter to be incorporated more easily and if I was still hungry, just made more after.
    The bulletproof coffee is so good – we were all skeptical but it really is nice 👍🏻

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi All, sorry for the delay in getting the Cloud Bread recipe up, stuff has been happening. But here it is at last.

Cloud Bread, or Oopsie Bread
    3 large eggs, separated; 3 oz (85 grams) softened mascarpone or cream cheese; 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional); 1/8 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks appear. In a second bowl, use electric mixer to beat mascarpone, yolks and salt until smooth. Fold egg whites into yolk mixture. Scoop mixture into 6 circular shapes on parchment paper.
    Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden.

2 pieces = 1 egg + 1 ounce cheese

on

Thanks Elky and Kafin for all the recipes, it is so useful and will change a bit from scrambled eggs and devil eggs…

SunnyB, first day went good, although I made it a fat fast rather than egg fast (ie also included bacon and avocado). Today I’m proper egg fasting and I don’t feel well. I feel a bit nauseous and disgusted by all the fat and eggs lol
    I guess it reined in my appetite which is a side effect of that fast if I understood correctly? It might also be a bit of keto flu since I’m transitioning from 10 days of the old carbage.
    I’m down 1kg which I’m sure is the water retention from the carbs leaving my body 😃
    Might transition to water fast tomorrow if I still feel nauseous from all the eggs 😅

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the recipe Elky. Made some this afternoon and very impressed with the result. So quick and easy to make too. Think this will become one I repeat again and again now.

Sorry you’re not doing so well on the egg fast LouiseK. Best to listen to your body if it is really unhappy with what you’re eating. Although how you’re feeling might well be partly due to the sudden drop in carbs, so perhaps worth giving it another day?.

Have to say I struggled a bit yesterday and felt a but nauseated a couple of times, but it’s going better today and I feel fine. Will definitely be doing this again tomorrow and probably Thursday as well.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Forgot to say, I bought some truffle flavoured mayonnaise today – yummy added to scrambled eggs!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hang in there everyone! FYI – if you are watching your cheese intake, I subbed out the cream cheese/mascarpone in the cloud bread for mayonnaise and it didn’t taste any different!
    Elky, I think it’s just you and I that don’t get nauseated!!!

on

Egg fast over for hubby and I, it made OH so sick last night after dinner 😳
    The quiche tasted really nice though!
    In two days I shifted 1.7kg – all water weight I’m sure but nonetheless it feels good.
    I have now moved on to water fast for 42ish hours and I feel well & energetic. It’s good to be back on this WO(not)E 🤣🤣

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry you and your OH had a rough time on the egg fast LouiseK, but great that you are already feeling well and energised again. I’m persisting with the egg fast, despite feeling a bit icky by bedtime on both nights so far.
    Strangely, I’m finding that I am quite hungry in the mornings and so need to eat something much earlier than I normally would, but one piece of cloud bread with a little cream cheese seems to have been the solution.
    My discard so far is 1.8lb, so not huge but definitely in the right direction and as a slow discarder I’m content with that progress. I’m currently running at 2.6lb over target weight, so all good. At the moment I’m planning to persist for today and probably tomorrow and then maybe start transitioning back on Friday.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I felt the same thing, Sunny – couldn’t wait to get up and eat. You’ve both had really good discards, I didn’t have any and it seems everyone responds differently. But I will say, that my discards since have been fairly consistent, small but since I hadn’t had any in FOUR months, I’m pretty happy! I actually think it was the after effects of the EF and a lot of people on the FB page, report the same. Once this movie is done, I may do another to rev my system up again. I didn’t have any issues with the eggs and fat but I found that using fats in things meant that eggs could be eaten on their own so not so greasy feeling. Hard boiled eggs mashed with avocado or olive oil were good and an egg sandwich with cloud bread were my saviors!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That fried egg sandwich sounds good, Kafin – might give that a whirl tomorrow. Today I had a cloud bread with a little butter and a tiny bit of marmite and it was soooo good! Have been popping the cloud bread in the toast to crisp the outside a little, which has worked well. Decide I’m going to do one more full day, before starting the transition back.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Reporting in now that I am transitioning from the full-on egg fast. Overall, it went well and I am down 2.5lb across the week, so very happy with that, especially as someone who discards slowly. This leaves me 2lb to get back to target weight again.
    Kafin, the fried egg sandwich was delicious and had some cloud bread with scrambled egg and smoked salmon for brunch today – yum!
    Anyway, I’m hoping that I can build on what the egg fast has achieved, but regardless I’ll almost certainly do another in the next couple of weeks, in the hope of ensuring I’m in good shape for the upcoming trip.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi SunnyB ! Glad to hear your first egg fast went well I am planning on attempting my second one from Monday to Thursday before I go back to school and my usual fasting and OMAD and 2 MAD schedule. A sort of natural reboot to mark the end of the summer and the beginning of my work routine.
    My first egg fast transition was disrupted by hubby’s accident and daily hospital visits which meant digestive shutdown for me for a couple of days,no doubt stress related…
    I did cope ok the first time round, mixing up the different egg dishes , thanks to Kafin’s recipe ideas.
    I will give it another go !

• posted by Kafin13
    on

You did so well, Sunny! Glad you enjoyed the sandwich. I was thinking of joining you on Monday, Wendy, but we have four dats if wrapping which is spending all day in the car, driving around returning stuff so it’s nit practical. Will maybe wait until first week of September. Need to work on my September goals 😊💕

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the knid words, Kafin. The bonus for me, is that I don’t feel bloated anymore. Best wishes to you and Wendy for when your next egg fast.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello Egg Fasters
    I returned from 3 weeks holiday with the family and only gained a pound! Unheard of!
    I missed breakfast and kept the carbs very low though alcohol was consumed every night!!
    It helped that my D I L is also low carbing though not on our WOE.
    This is my third round of the egg fast and I am on day three. I have lost a pound a day but am more interested in upping the Ketosis.
    Levels seem to drop over the morning, ranging from 0.3 to 0.4 and then go up during the afternoon and evening though the highest I have seen is 0.6.
    I hope the increased Ketosis will continue over the next few days.
    On to Transition tomorrow and will see the results after that.
    How have you egg fasters done this week?
    K.O.E.F.
    X B

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi Busybee – that’s very impressive to have only gained a pound on holiday! I’m not currently egg fasting as my job at the moment makes it too difficult but I’m planning on doing one at the start of September. I noticed in my last one that although I didn’t lose and actually gained a little, afterwards my breathalyzer numbers skyrocketed and I started losing weight. They’ve resumed their normal readings now, several weeks later but I haven’t had a zero reading since July 4th weekend so happy with the consistency. Will be using this next EF to hopefully rev up the ketosis again.
    Keep us posted!!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Kafin,
    I would like to join you on your egg fast in September if you don’t mind.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I would love that!!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Busybee and other eggfasters.
    Strangely I managed 2 days of the egg fast with just hard boiled or scrambled eggs with butter and the legendary bullet proof coffee but today I just did not fancy anything. I was out all day so this has turned into a fasting day with just water, green tea and black coffee. It was unintentional but it feels Ok .There is a salad buffet lunch laid on for us tomorrow at work so I will load up on the hard boiled eggs and a bit of cheese as a sort of transition.

Feel free to join the Egg Fast JGwen ! I won’t be with you and Kafin if you start early September as I will be back to my One or Two Meals a Day schedule but it could be an option for me if a plateau strikes.
    All the very best !

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello fellow egg enthusiasts, I’m just popping by the EF clubhouse to say that I’ll join JGwen and Kafin in their about-to-commence EF.

I’ll start 1 September because it just seems neat to start at the very beginning of the month. I’m stocked up on eggs and butter and … well, that’s pretty much everything I need 😊

Buttery scramble and cloud bread, here I come!!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello you eggy people.
    I did my third egg fast last Tuesday to Thursday and lost four pounds!
    I have regained one of those but am more than happy with three pounds off.
    Interestingly my Ketosis levels were not as high as the last the last two rounds (avg. 0.4), though I lost more weight.
    I intend to do OMAD and TMAD this week and then will do another fast the following week.
    I hope at last I may have found a way to eat low carb and lose weight and am delighted to be one stone down from June.
    Good luck to those who are starting tomorrow – I will watch with great interest to see how you all do.
    X B

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys,
    I am going to do a fat fast starting tomorrow, but am not going to limit myself to just eggs fast this time because fingers crossed (depending on the weather forecast on countryfile this evening) I am going to be haymaking over the next week to 10 days so want to give myself a wider range of food options.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi JGwen – I was just about to reach out to you and apologize as I decided not to start an EF today so I’m glad you’re going in a slightly different direction too. I feel like my recent loss is just still a bit precarious and not fixed as maybe my new set point so I want to just carry on for a bit being very strict with my macros and calories to see if I can get some weight stabilization going!
    Busybee – you sound as though you’ve mastered the EF art! Great loss and interesting results. In my two EF experiences, they both felt quite different so sounds as though there can be many variations on how our bodies respond. Depending on how I do, maybe I’ll join you for the next one.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Kafin,
    I am back to not knowing what to do with hay making and so my plans for this week. – Typical, the BBC’s weather forecast on Countryfile doesn’t match with the BBC’s weather forecast online. – Apparently its too early to tell what line Hurricane Dorian will take and depending on that we could have weather ranging from storms to a heatwave next week :-}

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi JGwen and Kafin

I’m definitely EFing this week, started yesterday (1 September). But I’m happy to go it alone because it’s basically an excuse for me to eat cloud bread, which I adore 😊 I tend to ban it the rest of the time because if I make a batch I eat too much of it LOL

JGwen I hope the weather folks can give you some clear guidance on what’s coming soon!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Such fickle weather! I’ll let you know when and if I start one and if timing works, great! El, we’ll be awaiting your results eagerly 😊🥚🍳

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Elky
    How is your EF going? I hope you are really enjoying all the cloud bread!
    Back in mid July we shared some notes on the breathalyser readings. We have the same model, and I am still confused about which reading to use. You’ve said that you get good numbers during your egg fasts.
    The unit gives 4 type of readings – %BAC – %.BAC – mg/L – mg/100ml
    I tend to look at the reading that is mg/L and don’t get them very high – perhaps 0.19
    Can you tell me if you also use the mg/L reading or one of the others? What sort of readings to you get during the egg fast?
    Thank you again for your help!
    Merry

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Had planned to egg fast for a few days, but life has interfered and things have got very social, so I won’t get the chance to do one properly until next week. However, I am planning to a short one from 10.30am today through to lunchtime on Thursday, when we are taking an elderly aunt of OH’s out for lunch and then going away for a long w/e with oldest daughter immediately afterwards. Going to get a batch of cloud bread made to take with me though – planning to make it with mayo as per your suggestion, Kafin.

Busy – that was a great result.
    JGwen – what do you plan to include on your fat fast?

Will let you know how my short EF works out and if it has any positive weight impact.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I love that thread is still going as we all dip in and out of EF’s! Merry, I don’t have the same brand of breathalyzer but both Elky and I noticed elevated levels after our last EF and I got up as high as 0.8g/l (not sure if that helps you at all). As JGwen says, as long as there is a reading, you are in ketosis but I also would really like to understand how to get yourself into the numbers above 2!
    Wendy and I were talking the other day and she shared a picture of the ketosis optimal levels but it was from a book so I found this online which might help?? https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/blood-ketone-level-clarification/1716/2
    But again, I don’t know how you get into those optimal levels unless you’re just eating straight fat, not protein or carbs but that’s no kind of sustainable eating plan! Maybe fasting plus EF combo??
    Good luck, Sunny – let me know what you think o the mayo based cloud bread. I can’t taste the difference between that and cream cheese once cooked!

Please log in or register to post a reply.