EASTER IS DONE, MID-MAY HERE WE COME: 4 week challenge ending Tuesday May 16th.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Mk, hope you are feeling a little better today, such a distressing experience, it will take a while to get over it.

Cathy, I do feel for you, it can be so hard to stay motivated, especially when the weight stalls. But Verano has given some really good advice – although I know good advice is not always easy to follow ๐Ÿ™ But you can do this, we have confidence in you, so please try to have confidence in yourself.

s-g, you are quite right about the “diet success” but “our failure”, we always seem to take failure upon ourselves but find it much more difficult to take credit for our success. But we are all successes on this forum because we are all trying to take control of our health – surely that is something to be celebrated, that we are trying, even if our success is not linear. And well done on losing the 3.5lbs this week after your holiday.

Just off to cook the Sunday Roast for the family – 3 courses, so temptation is looming ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Aunt P has rallied a bit today but crikey, what a lot of unhealthy food in hospital cafes. Managed to make a rudimentary low carb ploughmans from 2 other things but unless you want a sandwich or something with chips, the choices are limited. ‘No salad on Sunday’ apparently. Hey ho.

Travels are made tricky and clumsy as I can’t drive just now, so am staying here a few days just in case – not easy to hop on a train for 500 mile round trip if things take a turn. Am staying in a nice hotel rather than Aunt’s – it’s a bit creepy being there without her. Also, find a cooked breakfast keeps me going till dinner time, they do some pretty friendly salads and roasts with veg in the restaurant, and a30 minute brisk walk to the hospital should help too. Mkx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Mk – pleased to hear Aunt P has rallied a bit, but still an enormously stressful time for you, so well done for trying to stick with BSD. Don’t envy you not being able to drive at the moment either – not at all helpful in an emergency. All adding to your stress, so I really admire your resolve. Great news that the hotel food is a bit more forgiving than hospital cafes, which are appalling, I know. You really would think that hospitals, of all places, would provide healthy options.

Keep smiling, not easy I know, but we are all here for you, if only in the ether. xx

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

MK good to hear your Aunt has rallied. I was in a hospital with my Dad recently trying to stay BSD friendly which proved difficult. I think I ended up with just a greek yogurt.
    Im finding this past week or so the most difficult since starting this way of eating back in November. I’m not sure why. My head doesn’t seem to be as focused. Had an argument with hubby today which sent me off in search of food. Opened a bottle of red with cheese and charcuterie etc…. had the one glass oh and some crackers… first time since last year. Now stomach feels awful. Was thinking about having lots of other foods like chocolate, crisps, cake and biscuits. Didn’t but thought about it a lot! Just don’t seem motivated. I haven’t felt like this since before starting eating the BSD way.

on

You’re sabotaging, Doodle – often the route of an emotional eater. Look back through these posts and you’ll often find arguments or extra stress lead people (guilty as charged,….). to give in those ‘f*ck it, nobody cares about me so why should I bother – I’ll eat’.

But there are some good things here – shame about the crackers – but pthe charcuterie and cheese would have been spot on – bet that’s not what you’d have reached for six months ago. And you wouldn’t have stopped at ‘thinking’ about the other stuff. So you’ve changed, and that’s the proof.

Pick self up, dust self down, think about some non food treats. Go and snuggle your hubby, extract a substantial number of hugs and enjoy them. Hugs are very much nicer than chocolate, I find. Well done for stopping.

Found a great quote from Coco Chanel in the Sunday papers. ‘After 40 it is no longer possible to be young. But any woman at any age can be ravishing’. Choose well. Be ravishing! Mkx

• posted by Cara54
    on

Marsie, So pleased to hear you got a good result at the hospital. Better to have these things checked out though.

MK What a dreadful experience. It must have been terrifying. I hope you have got over the shock and that you are feeling better.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Mk – what a great quote. Will keep that one in mind when I am feeling old and frumpy ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thank you. x

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Day 4 of 7 for me.

Yesterday wasn’t the best of days but I still logged everything I ate including the biscuits! I ended the day with 90g of carbs and 1165 calories. So actually not the end of the world and still an acceptable day. If anything, yesterday had shown me that even with a lapse it’s still worth logging because it certainly stopped me having a ….’ s-d it all’ type of day.

This morning there was no loss but also no ‘biscuit’ gain. Today is a new day so will be keeping on keeping on…..

Have a good day.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

MK – I loved the quote also. Got back from my course in London last night quite late as we were bussed between Royston and Cambridge which added an hour to the journey.

Last time I was on a course in London I was injecting meal time insulin. It was so wonderful to be able to eat without trying to calculate the carbs and the exercise in order to inject the correct amount of insulin. I often got it wildly wrong and I would get very stressed.

I followed BSD guidelines and had some lovely food but when I entered them into fatsecret I had only eaten 9g of carbs for the day. Most of them on the train going home as I ate my supper of walnuts and Lindt 90%. Still – I suppose it won’t do any harm going so low just for one day. Blood sugars this morning were 4.8 which is really good.

I felt completely different on this trip. Being probably the only Pilates teacher in the world who was 3 stone overweight never felt that good. But in my size 8 and 10 clothes I felt fantastic – completely different from my last trip to London in May at the start of the BSD.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hello to everyone,

Good quote, Mk, thank you. Thinking of you x

KrysiaD, that’s a lovely good news story you have right there. Keep enjoying the feeling:)

Doodledootoo, it happens, more often to some than others (who, me?) and you did not have a full scale blow-out, so victory :), so keep on keeping on, a day at a time.

Thanks, Cara54, so right.

That’s what you do Verano, to your credit, keep on keeping on……

A partly on-track, partly not, (yes, MK, sabotage) day today. Weighin tomorrow. See you all then.
    Heading for early (for me) bed tonight. It is ANZAC Day tomorrow and am picking up Daughter-in-Law at approx 5.30am for the local area Dawn Service. Haven’t been to the State War Memorial site (in our beautiful Kings Park, overlooking river and city and facing east for the sunrise) for Dawn Service for many years, they have anything up to 10,000 people attending. Parking anywhere near is impossible and train and shuttle bus would mean leaving home at 4.45am or so. So I visited with my not-quite 9yo grandson last week and paid my respects, in the process giving him a little history lesson which included dripfeeding some gentle anti-war thoughts. Nighty-night, sleep tight……;)

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Managed to get through the weekend with no gains except my BG is down again so that is a good gain. I had put the insulin up from 21 to 23 to account for holiday treats so will start to bring it back down again starting with 22 units tonight. Hopefully I can eat so healthily on the cruise I will keep to 22. Will report total weight loss tomorrow and then again on Friday just before we leave, do you think I could get my scales in the suitcase, oh maybe not. I am hoping to swim and do gym stuff and lots of walking.

At the moment my head is all over the place, packing, planning, counting out meds for overnight, swimwear for 2nd overnight in spa, packing for winter weather and then couldn’t find the Norwegian money, phew found it. 3 purses 3 currencies and my English shopping list for a Sunday shop before we head back. Trying to keep calm.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Ca-a-a-lm, sunshine-girl, Ca-a-a-lm…….ohm…ohm…….

• posted by Busybee
    on

Quick drop in to say hello, and what a lot is happening from good to bad and just plain awful!
    I am down south visiting my aged aunt so no weighing of food or body, but managing to eat BSD food.
    Keeping on O D A A T!
    X B

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

MK thanks for the pick me up chat! Feeling better today. Love the quote. I’ve saved it on my phone in my memos so that I can happen upon it and it’ll make me smile. Here’s to tomorrow’s weigh in. Good luck all.

• posted by Laska
    on

Just a quick pop in after a busy weekend and day. I need to catch up on the thread but will have to do that tomorrow now ..

But the good news is that managed the weekend without wine Inka! ..So pleased with myself

I also did a lot of digging in our veg patch, getting it ready for summer planting , and pretty much kept to my 800 cals. No naughties at all. so was a little disappointed in the scales this morning which showed (still only) a 2lb loss for the week as I was was hoping for more aftre all that effort andnot eating .. But then its better than putting 2lb on and hopefully I still could be on track for my 10 goal fro this challenge ..

Marahani Kitten ! I see you are here !, Did you get an adult micro scooter ? Im still having fun with ,mine.
    I should have more tim eto post tomorrow – which wil be the ‘official’ end of my first week..

• posted by Inka13
    on

That’s ok Laksa ’cause I drank enough for both of us!! Very proud of you though! O/h will be away doing lots of work travel soon so maybe that’s when I can retrain myself!

• posted by Cara54
    on

I’ve just weighed on my own scales. 1lb gain since last time. New target is 6lbs off by 15th May as I’ll be away from home on the 16th. This has been an amazing learning curve for me. I’m really starting to understand what’s required for me to lose the weight. Has anyone else had that?

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All,I hope everyone is progressing.Im off plan for most of last week. I think its my 3/4 life crisis. Struggling with big life issues. To work or retire?To change jobs as I’m not enjoying it any more,to focus on finances or settle for less and be a pensioner?Also worrying about 3 of my 4 kids .They are all adults but it seems I will never stop worrying about them The 2 boys have unemployment issues and my daughter is trying to work out her new relationship. At this time in my life I know its time to step back and let them experience their own ups and downs.needless to say I’m finding it difficult. So I decided to cut myself some slack and relax for a couple of days had a few wines with the neighbors ,ate a loaf of crunchy bread with butter, block of dark chocolate etc.Now I’m over it. Yesterday, back to plan, started using my new peddler. 40 mins yesterday, Increased the resistance today did 20minutes.weight was up 1KG today and BGL is up a bit but its all explained so now to fight the carb monster for a few days. I really want to loose this extra KG and more by next week, I may need a few more pep talks and death stares from MK to keep me motivated.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Today 2.25lbs down from last week. At 9stone 3.50lbs my lowest weight ever since 1969 and the longest I have ever maintained any weight loss after any diet since then. I think my previous record was one week – or it might have been not even one week once I seriously got stuck into the sugary stuff after a diet.

Cara – this way of eating has been a huge learning curve for me also. At last I know what I need to do to keep my weight stable and keep good blood sugar control.

The funny thing is that if you would have asked me pre-BSD which foods I didn’t like – I would have said kale, olives, fish and stilton cheese. Guess what foods I really couldn’t live without now – all of them as they are now my favourite foods! I have to thank Verano for one of the challenges she set which made me introduce fish into my diet – which I now eat most days and my tastes have really changed now.

Butterlover – those are really big life issues to work through and I am sure the relaxed week and a few wines with neighbours was exactly what you needed. I do agree that you never stop worrying about your children.

• posted by Verano
    on

Butterlover I also agree. I don’t think we ever stop worrying about our ‘children’. In fact in some ways it was far easier when their ‘problems’ were child stuff now it’s adult stuff it’s far more stressful for us!

Cara I think we each eventually find the best way for this plan to work for us. Sometimes it takes many months with lots of trial and error before we find the best route. We are all individual so no one plan fits all, so don’t worry if your plan and/or progress are different from others that’s the norm.

Krysia I hadn’t realised I’m responsible for your love of fish!!! I adore it too. You’re doing so well on your maintenance program it gives us all hope for the future.

So Day 5 of 7 of my ‘short, sharp. shock’ and pleased to report that I’ve dropped another 2lbs of my holiday weight. That’s 4.2lbs down and just 0.4lbs left to go and I’m sure I will manage that in the next three days.

This really continues to be a learning curve. I didn’t eat simple carbs while I was away but I did have wine. Now after just 4 days of roughly 900/40, and no wine, I have lost most of the weight I seem to have gained. I assume it was just a water gain. I can even see that my ankles have lost the puffiness, which I put down to heat but may have been a combination of that and wine!!

I think it’s time for a new long term goal for me to commit too so will give that some thought. In the meantime will just keep on keeping on…..

Have a good day!

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi all,
    63.8kg lady Tuesday 18th, this morning was 63.4kg, so 400 gms lost. Weighed much earlier than usual this morning as I needed to leave the house at 05.15 am to go to Anzac Day Dawn service.

Maybe 3 thousand attending this local service, of all ages. So moving. Main speaker was an Afghanistan veteran. He spoke most movingly of his and comrades’ experiences, both there and on return home. We put a lot onto young shoulders as ever. So relieved neither of my children was drawn to any of the arms of the military.

And, lol, I’d said i wouldn’t go to the State service because 10,000 people would be there. Should have said 40,000!! So proud of everybody who attends Dawn Service or the mid-morning marches/services, either as a participant or lining the streets to applaud. Feeling my recently deceased parents very close to me this morning – they were intimately involved, continued their service to and with the ex-service communities for all their post-war lives.๐Ÿ’

on

Seen a loss of 2.5 lbs this week but it could have been better but I gave in to wine on Sunday night. Need to lose another 2.5 lbs by Friday to reach my goal but to be honest my brain is all over the place with so much going on right now. I need to go away and enjoy my holiday then get back on the plan seriously on 9th May giving me 3 weeks before I get my first visitors.

BG is very low at 4.1 yesterday and 3.7 this morning and have reduced insulin last night but will keep checking twice daily and maybe drop another unit. I would have been terrified at such a low reading before BSD but I dont seem to have any bad effects. I fully recognise the warning signs and having low BG is not always one of them. I rely much more on how I feel and what is happening to my body.

Have a good week and keep on keeping on…

• posted by Natalie
    on

After a few too many slips this week, and it’s also now that time of the month, I only lost 0.1kg! So I need to pick up the pace.

I didn’t go to the Dawn Service but I did think of our service men and women today. My dad was in the Australian Air Force (he died two years ago).

• posted by LippyLipid
    on

Hello All,

My weight-loss this week was 1.4 lbs/0.64 kgs, an honourable loss. I can also report an inch loss from my waist bringing me to just one inch away from the healthy 32″ target my doctor wants to see.

I have a six-monthly hospital review later today. Hopefully the consultant will notice the marked weight loss in his patient (can’t bank on it as they see so many of us!).

A friend’s daughter is singing at the Evensong service at St Paul’s Cathedral today with her school choir and I’ll be going along to enjoy the uplifting music.

One week down, time flies when you avoid the buns.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Thinking of you and your Dad, Natalie. This day does bring those thoughts, doesn’t it? I’m sure you will pick up again in the next few days. (I’m grateful, I think, that those days of the month are long past for me).

Hope your hospital review goes well, LippyLipid, and that your consultant is the observant type. You can certainly demonstrate progress. Congratulations.

You’re good with your goal setting Verano, so a new one will be interesting.

S-g, you’re working your way down to your target date i.e. cruise [I’m still envious:)]in fine style. Enjoy!

Butterlover, our kids are definitely still our kids, indubitably. I’ll bet that, even in families where arguments have caused a rift, the chidren are still there in the minds of the parents. And that thought doesn’t help us when something about their lives are causing us to worry and throws other thinking out of whack. Heck, if you didn’t care, you wouldn’t worry, Ha, and how’s that for a circular argument? You’re still here BL, still here:)

Cheers all. Looking forward to reading the posts of those not yet on board today.

Yes Busybee, O D A A T. With you……..

• posted by Marsie
    on

Thinking of you Mk. Hope you’re feeling ok and that you’re wrist is healing well. “Waving”……..

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Hi folks, I have been away for a few days and did not have my pedometer on me. I have just found it on the utility room floor as I arrived home! So thats small failure number one, second failure was I have not been drinking enough water whilst away!
    For the rest of the week I will be making soup for the freezer, butternut squash and pepper and other meals I can bank for the freezer as we want to go away in our motorhome after the bank holiday.
    Everyone seems to be doing well except me.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

I managed to weigh myself on my own scales and am now at the princely level of 16st 12lb so that’s 93lb gone and half a stone to go to my 100lb target.

But I’ve also hit my waist mini-goal. My waist measurement is now 37″ so less than half my height and a really quite shaming/pleasing 12″ off from starting BSD.

on

Congrats to all losers and everyone who’s hanging in there. Esp to JM who is so close to target now – inspirational effort, congratulations. That inches total is quite something.

Looks like Aunt P has dodged St Peter once again and she’s out of hospital tomorrow, so will stay to settle her then pop off home. Doc is now saying she really needs nursing home care, which would be a massive weight off my mind and my miles meter, particularly if she’d move near me. But cant rush her for my convenience.

Not near my home scales today so a kindly nurse found me some and they are showing a 4lb loss. Have been good, but not sure I believe them, tho would kind of fit the current pattern of 3-4lb loss one week, nothing the next.

Butterlover, I hear and empathise about your children, but…*beady stare* … They aren’t responsible for that naughty hand of yours putting bread and chocolate and wine into your naughty mouth. Who is? Oh yes. You are!

Have had an exemplary few days but inexplicably craving a baked potato today. Can smell them coming up from the cafe…. Resist….resist…!!! Mkx

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – it was on a 7 day challenge you started – add a little extra. My little extra was fish because I wasn’t eating very much. Or more correctly I wasn’t eating any. On the challenge I realised that I actually really liked fish – which was quite a surprise. I haven’t looked back and eat it nearly every day – a real Mediterranean diet.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Some good results so far on this challenge and a few not quite so good – well done for the successes, and commiserations for the stallers, I’m sure things will be better next week.

JM – looks as though one long journey is nearing it’s conclusion and another one (maintenance) is on the horizon. So huge congratulations, what an achievement.

LippyLipid, hope your review has gone well, and that you enjoy the music this evening.

Mk – Pleased to hear Aunt P has rallied, although it is a difficult situation for you. We recently installed 93 yr old father-in-law in a really nice home after a dreadful fall which meant that he has lost the use of both legs and one arm, and it was a relief to know that he is safe and is being cared for. Not a cheap option though, but worth it for the peace of mind – more than a 4 hour round trip for us, and we try to go every week, so really hope Aunt P can be installed somewhere closer to you. Great news on your loss though – I’m sure it’s accurate and possibly some will be stress-induced, as you’ve had such a tough week. But grab the loss with both hands and say thank you nicely ๐Ÿ˜‰

Butterlover, sympathies for your predicaments – kids can be such a worry – but Mk has told you good and proper ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mk – I too have the enticing smell of baked potato wafting around, as there is one in the oven for o/h’s supper and I agree, it does smell tantalising! But luckily for me, I only put one in, and he isn’t going to give it up without a fight! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don’t have anything to report yet on this challenge, as I don’t know what my weight was when we started (on holiday) but I am only 2lbs down from when we went away 15 days ago, so not overly encouraging but not surprising as I overindulged on wine and didn’t count calories at all whilst away. Back on plan now, so hopefully next week will see better results.

Good luck everyone.

on

Theodora, Butterlover and I understand each other. Lol. I WAS her. All I’ll say is

A). I’ve been fat and I’ve been thin, and thin’s better in every respect, literally no downside
    B) My ability to deal with all the stress in my life was infinitely improved when I got control of myself , my feelings, my eating, inextricably interlinked – and was happier in my own skin. Captain Lynne, Mix and others say the same. Why would you NOT want that?

Liberating, I want that feeling again. And soon! Mkx.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Not a good result sadly for me this morning – no weight loss to report this week. Have hit a plateau for the last couple of weeks so am trying 16:8 intermittent fasting for a few days and will be walking tomorrow to try and get the scales moving. Worked a long day today 8-6.30 pm so just having a coffee and catching up on everyone’s posts. My challenge is to lose 4lb in this challenge and it can still happen. Have been given a lot of emotional support from my fellow posters for the last few days as I have been feeling down but I am determined that I will get to my goal weight and will keep chipping away until I do- there, said it! Good luck everyone. Well done to the losers and keep going to the non losers!

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Hi all. I stayed the same the same this week 10st 8lbs. Need to watch my portion size’s.
    Marsie & Natalie, thinking about you both and your thoughts on Anzac Day.

• posted by Mariet
    on

I haven’t logged in for a while, have been helping my daughter move flats. Exhausting! The new apartment is up 6 flights of stairs and it took all my motherly love to continue carrying boxes and things yesterday. It didn’t help that I’d woken at stupid o’clock, well before dawn. I didn’t go to the dawn ceremony but could have, was awake by 4! Not like me at all. I watched it on TV and it was moving, as ever. It always brings to mind the days I spent wandering around the western front area in Belgium and northern France a few years ago. More sobering than I can say.

So much has gone on in this thread I can’t comment on it all but MK I was horrified to read about your attack and injuries. I hope you’re getting better now and glad your aunt has rallied. It would certainly be less stressful if she would consent to going into care but I know, they never want to! (Can’t blame them, neither would I.)

My progress is slow and steady. Slower and steadier than I’d like! Half a kilo in the last 10 days. I’m desperate to kick start it again and reading through the archives I came across a7 day challenge of Verano’s to reduce carbs for a week. I’m already aiming for 30 or less and thought I’d give 20 a go for a week which I have managed, sadly only 100g off so that doesn’t seem to be my magic bullet.I guess I just accept the rate my body wants to lose at and try to be happy with it!

Some NSV though, a sudden 3 in loss of belly measurement and the size 12 crop pants I ordered as incentive were too big when they arrived ๐Ÿ˜Š

Good luck to everyone with their week, I hope it goes well for you.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

A belated week 1 weigh in for me as have been away from home over the past 4 days. Scales are showing a 0.5kg gain, however I think it’s probably fluid, my feet and ankles are really swollen and puffy. Haven’t had a good week health wise (although no dramas like some fellow posters on here), have had an RA flare and was in a lot of pain. A few days of double prednisone seems to have settled everything down though and I feel better today. I think the increase in pain may be my fault – I was out with my family on Sunday and had a couple of beers, a few slices of pizza and a donut (oh dear that sounds awful written down like that! The donut was lunch and the pizza dinner). I’m finding now that whenever I consume wheat products I get an increase in pain. The flare had started a few days before that, so the food wasn’t the cause, but the increase in pain was after consuming those foods – I definitely paid for going off plan let me tell you!
    Anyway this is a new week and I have a renewed focus. My aim was to lose 4lb on this challenge, so now I have to lose 4.5lbs – still doable in 3 weeks hopefully!
    Well done to all of the losers this week, commiserations to those who stayed the same, and also of course to my fellow gainers!

• posted by Eileen27
    on

Dear Fairyface. I often feel the same as you. Everyone seems to be doing well. Such tremendous weight losses.its good to read but makes me feel like a failure.
    I’ve only lost 10lbs since the new year. I seem to have lost those pounds over and over again. I am lucky I don’t have diabetes but know that I would if I don’t stop this bad eating.
    Reading the posts certainly help. I am mindful of what I eat but I seem to always have an excuse. Right now we are away again for a few days. I can only try to be mindful of and avoid the bad carbohydrates. I find it hard to resist the wine though!
    I can only say Fairyface – don’t give up. It’s not a race. Be mindful and try when you can. Keep reading the wonderful stories here on these posts and even if it takes a little longer then so be it. BUT you are not alone. Let’s get it sorted together x

• posted by Verano
    on

Krysia …. glad I was able to help! I had Dorada (Sea Bream) last night and it was absolutely beautiful. I just stuffed it with coriander and baked it in tinfoil for 20 minutes and it was probably the best piece of fish I’ve had in ages!

S-g …. great BG results and good weight loss. Just concentrate on that packing now … life is for living!

MK …. glad you’re Aunt is improving. Elderly relatives can be a real stress and as others have said it would be better for you if she was in residential care but that might be easier said than done!

Mariet …. scales just show an arbitrary number the real proof of the pudding is in the trousers that are too big! Take that and be very happy. I started doing 7 day challenges after a holiday last autumn and I must admit they really helped me to get back on track at the time. In fact I’m doing my own 7 day challenge within this challenge at the moment. If 7 days are too many to commit to then it will have to be ‘One day at a time’!

Fairyface and Eileen …. what is failure? Failure isn’t a word to be found here. In the words of Nelson Mandela …. Do not judge me by my successes. Judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again….. That’s what we all do here, fall down and then get back up and carry on. Some posters have a ‘straight run’ from day one to goal but they are the exception not the rule. As we keep saying, and you say yourself Eileen, this isn’t a race it’s a way of life. So we have to accommodate holidays, birthdays etc.etc. If we don’t what is the point?

JM … great going . Almost there! Wish I was but you are part of my inspiration together with Krysia, Captainlynne, Californiagirl and Mixnmatch and all the other maintainers. Well done.

So Day 6 of 7 for me today and pleased to report another 1lb loss. I have to say that it was a real surprise. So now I have lost my 4.6lbs holiday gain plus 0.6lb so there is definitely rejoicing in this house!

I’ve not been able to get back to a strict 800/30 for quite a few months but have kept my carbs less than 40 for last 5 days with just one biscuit day lapse that took me way over. I’m really convinced that wine above all else is my nemesis. It obviously really dehydrates me and so I hang onto every ounce of water where I can. Now that my holiday is over and I’ve stopped having wine again I’m rehydrated. I’ve lost 5.2lbs in 5 days which can only be water and my feet and ankles have lost their ‘puff’. Looks like, for me, it’s not really rocket science, it’s wine! I know the answer … I hope!

Have a good day.

• posted by LondonPRGirl
    on

Just a quick progress update from me, 8 days in and I’m 2.7kg down! I’m planning on staying on the plan for 12ish weeks in total, so could be looking at a great result by the 4th July (my predicted end date)

Very sorry to hear some people on here have been having a tough ride from life – hope it all works out soon ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Julie13
    on

Hi, I have been checking each day reading about how everyone is going. As is always the case in life there have been ups and downs for many of you both personally and in relation to your healthy eating goals. Lots of support and warm fuzzies have been offered which is lovely. I only started on Monday and have so far managed to feed my body rather than just fill it. First couple of days after my 6 mths of lots of sugar certainly left me feeling very tired, but back to normal today. I’ll weigh myself at the end of the wk, and hopefully the usual fluid loss will be give me a boost to keep going! Whether your at the end or the beginning of your day I hope you all have at least one thing to be thankful for and make you smile.

• posted by Marsie
    on

A very impressive set of numbers, JulesMaigret. I’ve always admired your very strong discipline on your way to better health. So well done ๐Ÿ™‚

Well done, LondonPRGirl, that is good going,

Julie13, loved what you said. “to feed my body rather than just fill it” is such a good slogan to carry you forward.

Should have seen that earlier for myself. Scales were kind this morning and started the day well on track but about mid-afternoon I had a small handful of raw nuts which usually satisfy but today, I just kept picking. No food un-BSDish, just too damned much of it. Tomorrow is another day and will borrow some JM discipline and use J13’s saying to bolster my one day at a time…….

on

Standing still at the moment but my head is not in it. Saying that though I have had my house sitters round for lunch today, did them pizza and quiche with bread, potatoes and salad. I had the salad and a very successful cauliflower based pizza with tom puree, cheese, ham and roasted red pepper. They brought the dessert of chocolate mousse and chocolate mints and I had nothing. So I dont do too bad, did have a glass of rose wine but it was so sweet I only drank half a glass and they went onto the red, and I had nothing. I remember going into a restaurant on the French side on the Italian border and my husband ordered dessert and I ordered nothing and they brought me a plate with nothing on it. The waitress did wink and say, just in case you decide to share. Share, this is my husband you are talking about, he never shares food.

BG still down around 4.2. Nearly there (cruise time).

• posted by Theodora
    on

Wise words, Verano – and even wiser ones from Nelson Mandela ๐Ÿ™‚ And well done on 5.2lbs loss in just 5 days – that’s pretty impressive, water or no!

Mariet – I bet running up and down 6 flights of stairs all day was responsible for your 3″ belly loss. There had to be some tangible reward for being such a helpful mum ๐Ÿ˜‰

Haha, s-g – that made me laugh. Your husband sounds the same as mine ๐Ÿ˜‰ Well done on your restraint over lunch, and I admire your generosity in providing unfriendly BSD food for your friends and then having to resist them. BTW – there you are, no doubt basking in sunshine – I have this picture in my head of you sitting out on a wonderfully sunny terrace overlooking the Med, sharing lunch with your friends ๐Ÿ™‚ Here it is snowing!!!!

I finally have a small loss to report, albeit a day late – probably caused by trying to keep warm in this bitter, unseasonably cold weather ;-). This morning the scales showed a dip of a whole 8oz – but hey, I’ll take that with gratitude as I have already reached my target (a loss of 32lbs) and so am now just looking for as much wriggle room as I can get before maintenance. I have now lost a total of 36lbs since 16th Jan with just 12 days left of round 2. It would have been great to make it a round 40lbs but I can’t see that happening as next week is looking a little challenging with lots of social occasions, plus a couple of nights in a posh hotel with rellies over from Oz. Then, from 8th June, with a week left to go on this challenge, it will be onto maintenance proper ๐Ÿ˜ฎ HELP ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

on

Ahhhh home. No time to get suitable food for train (everything takes longer with this *#!!!* cast on wrist) – texted OH who said ‘stay strong and I’ll bring something to station’ – some nuts and a couple of cubes of cheese! What a sweetie – at last, he’s got it!
    Own fridge.
    Own scales which are showing a 3lb loss, not 4 as per ‘guest’ scales, so that’s what I’ll record for this week.

Verano, I love that Nelso Mandela quote. Also. ‘Try and fail, no matter, try again, fail better’

Mkx

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m back also from visiting 95 year old aunt in Bournemouth and then off to see another pair of 93 year olds up north next Saturday. Oh how I hate those motorways,
    Anyway, I now need a final push to get back to my lowest weight (on BSD) before we head off for the wedding in Spain end of next week. So three to go – can I do it I wonder?
    There seem to have been some good losses this week in spite of many challenger’s facing some awful life challenges so let’s just keep going ODAAT.
    X B

on

Theodora how I wish that was true, I am on the other side of France 60 miles from the Atlantic coast and it was 9 degrees and raining today. We do have a pool and it is open for the season but waiting for it to warm up.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Mk – must be nice to be home and feel in control again, and what a sweetie your OH is ๐Ÿ™‚ And the 3lb weight loss is still pretty impressive, considering all the stress you have had lately. Actually would be pretty impressive without stress, let alone with it! So well done you.

Busybee – you sound like me. I swear to God I must have worn a groove in almost every motorway in the country! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ And 3lbs before the end of next week? Yes, of course you can do it – we have every faith in you ๐Ÿ™‚ And if not, it’s not a disaster, as we know you will just keep on keeping on, even if you take a little well earned-break for the wedding.

s-g I’m sure that is lovely too, despite the rain atm (at least you haven’t got snow!! ) Maybe you are not so far from where my sister lived for 12 years – she was in Charente-Maritime, and finally left in search of warmer winter weather. She has now lived in Southern Spain for the past 7 years, but find the summers too hot there so migrates back to France for 3 months each summer! No pleasing some people ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Natalie
    on

I complain so much about the heat in summer in Australia that I try not to winge about cold or rain… but dang it’s cold today! Suddenly Autumn. But it does mean I can make use of my beautiful deep bath.

Glad to hear you are home MK.

• posted by Verano
    on

MK …. great loss! I like your saying. I have a few noted down which keep me going in low moments. My other favourite was posted on these boards but can’t remember by who …

Coming last beats did not finish, and even did not finish beats did not start!

Well last day for my mini-challenge Day 7 of 7. I can report another pound down this morning. Just can’t believe this. I’m wondering if my body thinks it’s just started BSD because I had nearly 4 weeks of higher calories and carbs. Anyway, whatever the explanation I’m not complaining!

Now I have a new goal. I have an appointment for my Diabetes review on May 22nd. I would love to lose another 3kg, 7lbs, by then. We have a new practice nurse and I’m hoping she’s more enthusiastic than the old one. Last time I was at the surgery I had lost weight and she asked me if it was intentional and I said it was, but didn’t feel like going into the whole BSD thing with her. Hoping now we have ‘new blood’ we may also have an ‘open mind’ towards low carb eating. I’m hoping that my HbA1c, which was 46 last May, is still around the 37 it was in October, and that I can reduce my metformin. We will see.

Have a good day!

on

Verano, I also have an uplifting CD that I play in the car when on the way to important meetings. It works.
    Just realised that I’ve been on scales wearing plaster cast. Not that heavy but I bet it weighs an extra 1lb!
    Sunny outside but deceptive. Just ventured out in (now slightly too big) summer trousers – ran back in smartish to put on something warmer! Mkx

Please log in or register to post a reply.