EASTER IS DONE, MID-MAY HERE WE COME: 4 week challenge ending Tuesday May 16th.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Tomorrow, 18th April, is final weigh-in on our challenge towards beating the Easter twin demons, buns and eggs. Tomorrow will be time to move on, set new mini goals. Welcome to the new 4week challenge. Join us.

• posted by Natalie
    on

My Monday weigh-in was exactly 80kg, my goal is to lose 4 kg in the next four weeks. I think it’s achievable as I’m probably carrying a bit of water weight.

• posted by JuJu68
    on

I’ve been following everyone’s posts on the last challenge but unfortunately the wheels came off my wagon a few weeks ago… I need to restart the BSD as feel so much better when I’m off the high carb, high sugar treadmill. Count me in please, and I’ll have a think about my mini goals and post them later.

• posted by Amhedin
    on

Hi, I’m a returner to these boards and the BSD. One week in and loving that first week loss (confirm it tomorrow), and cooking a lot from scratch. I’d love to be part of the 4 week challenge – what are we being challenged to do?

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Amhedin – great to see you back. We have to set our own mini goals on this challenge.
    Mine will be to consolidate my recent weight loss and to stay between 9stone 3lbs and 9 stone 5lbs over the 4 weeks.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Amhedin some of us find eight weeks for the BSD a bit long to commit to all at once – it doesn’t mean taking a break in between challenges and many people have been going continuously for months (not me!) just that we can say ‘it’s only four weeks, I can do four weeks,’ so it’s easier to commit to. You don’t have to set a particular weight challenge, just stick to the BSD for the four weeks. But if you want to post a weight loss goal or something else like a steps goal then great.

• posted by pod
    on

I’m in!! I’m setting a goal 10lb in 4 weeks, so that’s 10lb to lose. I think its a realistic challenge, the first mini goal I set is only 2lb away and I’m sure I’m going to reach that 2weeks early, so I’ve made this one a little more challenging, even if I don’t reach it, its a great motivator!! I’ll exercise more and see what happens
    Good luck to you all!!!!

• posted by melb100
    on

I’ll join the queue please!
    I would love to lose 5 kilos by then as that will equal my lowest weight in the last 5 years – and leave only 5 kilos more until healthy BMI territory!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All,
    I’m not sue what goal will work for me, as Ive tried behaviour goals and eating goals which did not seem to keep me motivated. So maybe I will copy others with a’ one day at a time’ motto and a goal to loose 3KG .
    Daily actions,to use my mini cycle and to plan all meals in advance.Lets see what happens

• posted by Natalie
    on

Challenging day, my son is sick and vomiting regularly so I can’t leave the house to go grocery shopping as I’d planned. Will probably mean something home-delivered for dinner, I think I can get a reasonably healthy salad or stir fry from a Thai restaurant. Better than pizza anyway!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

My goal is to get back to 9st 3.75lbs from 9st 6lbs today. Good luck to everyone on this new challenge.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I will join in, but as mentioned on the old challenge thread, my only commitment is to keep on keeping on, and cement this WOE as the way I will eat going forward. I will be trying the wedding dress on again as promised on Sunday night as I am out all day, and then spending the next week in Cornwall, so will not be logging in regularly after this week, but will keep up with the reading. Good luck with your challenges everyone.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi all. Looking forward to a fresh start with this challenge. My mini goals for this 4 weeks:
    • move out of overweight BMI range, Looks like I need to get to 61kg for
    that. Currently 63.8kg. Am a slow loser generally so I’m reaching high,
    or should I say low, 😏.
    • resume my “one day at a time” mantra. Lost it there for the last few
    days.

Good wishes to all our challengers for this 4 weeks xx

• posted by Theodora
    on

I’ll join the challenge too please.

My personal challenge will be to successfully complete the last couple of weeks of my 2nd round BSD800, and hopefully that will put me another pound or two under my goal weight, and then slide effortlessly (in my dreams 😉 ) into maintenance and therefore maintain for the remaining 2 weeks of the challenge (and beyond obviously 😉 )

Mixnmatch, enjoy your week in Cornwall – hope you are as lucky with the weather as we have been for the past couple of weeks.

Good luck everyone.

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

So starting these 4 weeks at 10st 8lbs. Committing to another 4 lbs down at least. Have been hovering at 10st 6lbs a few times so getting to 10st 4lbs should be possible whilst continuing to eat med plan. No measuring or weighing or counting for me. Just eating heathily, keeping in mind low carb principles and acknowledging when I’m not hungry and also when I’m full. Keep on with the water too. Good luck everyone.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Starting our at 11st 10lbs after my holiday in Spain. Today is a new day. I will only be around for 11 days before I am off again, this time on a cruise, so will just follow this thread until then hoping to lose 5lbs by then.

My new catch phrase is appropriate as I have to start out on the plan with new motivation so I am giving up giving in, nah don’t like it that much, will keep on keeping on.

• posted by LondonPRGirl
    on

Hi everyone, first timer here.

I’ve struggled on and off with weight loss for pretty much my entire life, hoping this time it works!

Did my weigh in today – 98.6kg (eek!!).

Off to a good start today, but I’m cutting out sugar and milk from coffee and I’m really feeling the tiredness at the moment but on the plus side I’m not feeling too hungry.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Here I am again! My challenge is firstly to lose the weight I gained over Easter before the wedding in Spain in just over two weeks.
    I am still with you Marsie with the ‘One day at a time’ mantra and I will try to keep to my plan of only weighing in twice a week.
    Good luck to all challenger’s new and old.
    X B

• posted by LainieUK
    on

Hello everyone,

I’d love to join this challenge. My 8 weeks finishes tomorrow but I have a lot to lose so I want to keep going. My son’s graduation ceremony is on 20th May so I am determined to lose a bit more weight so that my new dress looks better.

My weight today is 16 stone 12.2lbs and my target loss is 8lbs. My weight loss has slowed right down and I’ve only lost half a stone in the past 4 weeks so to lose 8lbs will be an achievement. I had hoped that I would get under 16 stone but that’s not to be. The other part of my challenge is that I will walk for at least 60 minutes each day for the next 28 days. I’m between jobs at the moment so I really have no excuse.

Good luck everyone!

Elaine

• posted by Chrysalis
    on

Hello all, I will join you if that’s ok? I started well at the beginning of the year then was unwell for a couple of months and healthy eating fell by the wayside 🙁 Feeling motivated now and I know from past experience that joining in these threads helps keep me motivated. I like the idea of 4 weeks at a time too – feels very doable 🙂

• posted by Laska
    on

Right. I am in, I need to get in at the start of a challenge.. I may be a familiar name to some of you as I have been around before. Have lost it , put it back on , etc etc . Tried to come back to it a couple of months ago but my head was just not in it .. Its starting to get embarrassing to keep coming back and failing to commit to it .. (i even thought of a name change!! ) ,

But I now have 9 weeks before i need to wear a bikini! and sit on a beach with my slim DH . (and I was 11st 13.5 this morning.) 🙁 …

4 weeks is a doable start for me . (but I know that this time its definately going to have to be lose the weekend wine….i shall need support.. )
    I am not diabetic nor pre diabetic but over menopause , but I can lose if I just ruddy well stick to it ( have done it before on 5;2 and BSD) , but I fall off very year without fail once it gets to summertime , however ive just not even properly tried this winter and I have whacked it all back

• posted by Laska
    on

As am just re-starting , I am going to set my first 4 weeks loss goal at 10-12lbs .. that quite ambitious I know , but I need to be tough with myself (and have done it before by follwing this WOE ..)

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi everyone- I’m in too! This next four weeks will see me complete round two of 800 BSD and I would like to weigh less than 10.7. That will mean that I have lost two stone since starting on 8th January. I am currently 10.10 but some of you know that it am a slow loser. My BMI is 28 so have a fair bit to go to get into the normal BMI range. It would be nice if I could get walking a bit more but my ankles still haven’t fully recovered from the fall I had in Harrogate last month. The lure of summer holidays will hopefully inspire me to keep going. I am starting to flag a bit at the moment and so need some motivation to keep me going. The size 12 swimsuit I bought will hopefully keep me on the straight and narrow – I hope to be wearing that in Olu Deniz in June! Good luck everyone for the next four week challenge!

• posted by Laska
    on

ok .. 819 calories according to my fitnesspal .. I need to now walk away from the food..

Hello Clairnet Cathy..
    I already have a new bikini ( in last years size ) and have just stuck a picture of something I want to buy for my holiday (after the next 4 weeks are up) from the new seasalt catalogue on the notice boad on my desk.. (my old-school ‘pin interest’ board!)

• posted by pod
    on

Going on holiday in 3 weeks! My goal is to lose 10lb by then!
    I’ve been looking at my holiday clothes, last years are too big! Yippee! But, I have a range of different sizes to choose from, just to let you know what sizes my summer holiday wardrobe ( in a linen box!) looks like, just the
    Swimsuits!,,
    2 Swimsuits size 20, last octobers, my heaviest!
    2 swimsuits size 18,
    2 swimsuits size 16,
    4 swimsuits size 14
    Yep, that’s the last 10 Years of yo yo dieting, low fat and calorie counting. Didn’t work then did it!
    After just 8 weeks BSD size 18 are too big, size 16 fit a bit snug though, so to add to my mini goal I would like to fit into the 16 nicely, here’s hoping. I’ve eventually got the computer thing on my stationery bike working, so today I’ve
    cycled 3 10 minute blocks and cycled just over 5 km. going to see how far I can go this year!

• posted by JuJu68
    on

Okay, have decided on my mini goals for the four weeks – although I’m away for a couple of days with some friends on what promises to be an eating- and drinking-fest next weekend, I intend to not drink (haven’t drunk alcohol for 8 months but not sure if I can sustain that in the face of a girlie weekend with five drinking buddies…!) and keep broadly within the BSD principles with regard to what I eat.

Apart from those three days, I am going to:
    * stick to 800 cals and less than 30g of carbs each day
    * post updates on here at least once a week
    * aim for 5kg loss over the four weeks which will bring me below 70kg for the first time in years.

My starting weight is 73.9kg, annoying as I got down to 71.4kg when sticking to the principles but then have had a bit of a carb binge over last few weeks. I’m just relieved I haven’t done more damage, despite feeling quite bloated and bleugh of late. My target is 65kg so I’m hoping a good kick start will see me get a bit closer to reaching it.

Good luck to everyone on the challenge, your posts are really motivating!

• posted by Verano
    on

Just popping in to say hello.

Will be part of the new challenge and it’s great to see some new names and some nearly new!!! I’m not declaring a goal yet but will maybe next Tuesday at the end of the first week.

S-g I think you’re right … let’s just keep on keeping on!!

Hope this next four weeks are good for everyone whatever your goal!!

• posted by Macfirst
    on

Aiming to lose 4 kg by 16 May. 800 cals per day and re-commitment to IF. There … I’ve said it publicly now so I’ll have to do it!

• posted by Mariet
    on

I’d love to join this challenge. I’ve just finished week 8 with a weight of 68.6 and my challenge is to try for 65. I tend to lose slowly so may not get there but it’s good to have a goal!

• posted by Inka13
    on

I’m in too!
    Laksa especially, I know what you mean, I have restarted so many times I haven’t been able to bring myself to post regularly for the shame! I too am a weekend ( ok and often mid-week!) winer and I know from when I started in October, that I was doing so well until I let the wine creep in! It just has to go. Happy to offer mutual support!!
    But this is the morning of day three of my restart and this challenge is perfect!
    Weight 68.2 kilos, hoping to lose 5 kilos…eek! Weirdly when I weighed yesterday I was 70.2, I often seem to have a massive overnight whoosh when I most need a pick me up! Even if it’s water, I’ll take it!
    Good luck everyone, you all seem strong and determined for this mini challenge, will look forward to sharing the journey!

• posted by Michele62
    on

I know I’m late but I’d like to join too. My aim is three kilograms in the next four weeks. For me that is ambitious but possible.

With the wine, I have taken up drinking no alcohol wine. Sometimes it just helps to have a glass, even if with no alcohol, of red in my hand rather than a soda water and lime. Another friend has moved to low alcohol wine. Both have less calories than the real stuff, especially the no alcohol version.

• posted by suzcaps
    on

I’ll take up the challenge for the next 4 weeks.
    I have completed my 8wk BSD800 and I have reached a healthy BMI of 21.5 weighing 62kg. I am still struggling with slightly elevated FBS.
    I have two goals: normalise my FBS by upping my carb intake and keeping it under 100g and doing BSDWOL and not gaining any weight.

• posted by Hermoine
    on

Hi. Can I join late? Bit of a lurker, but have been doing the BSD since mid-March (with a bit of falling-off at weekends). Between 9 March and 12 April (5 weeks), I lost 7lbs, which brings me down to 15 stone. So, still not great, but heading in the right direction! So, my target is another 5lbs by May 16th, which should mean that getting down to 14 1/2 stone by the end of May is possible. I’ve been motivated to start this for health reasons, as a February blood test advised me that I was pre-diabetic, but I can’t deny that I’d love to get (back) into some of my nicer clothes again!

I’m finding the food side moderately ok but am getting rather bored with home-made soup which is what I keep ending up with for lunch, so I need to experiment with good healthy alternatives, before I slide back to cheese on toast (which always used to be my favourite lunch). And I need to drink less – which is always where I go astray at weekends. With the summer coming on, I’m planning to switch to spritzers, but maybe the no alcohol wine is a better alternative!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well, this is why I love this diet. Re-started yesterday after having a week off and gaining. Lost 2lbs in one day, so only 3lbs to go for my own personal challenge. On a ‘normal’ weight loss plan I would have probably lost 2lbs in a week, not in one day. Anyway, I am as determined as I ever was and will keep on keeping on… Thanks V, you are right of course.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Hermoine,
    I’m not assuming you haven’t already thought up what lunches you can experiment with but here’s a bit of what I did during the first 8 weeks:
    Smoked salmon with soft cheese
    Tuna with mayo
    Peanut butter mixed with soft cheese
    Varying soup flavours and adding 30g little chunks of cheese (favourite due to low kcal but needs variety!)
    5 slices salami and 50g hummus to dip
    Jewelled feta peppers
    20g nuts
    Babybels
    Berries
    100g full fat natural yoghurt
    All weighed and measured of course……….
    Feel free to add vegetable sticks but raw veg doesn’t agree with me hence the omission….

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Morning all,

Count me in.

Starting this challenge at, I believe, 16st 13lb (hotel scales so I need to confirm at home at the weekend). It’s now about 9 weeks until my birthday and I still have 8lbs to lose to hit my 100lb loss target. So my objective is to lose 4lb by the end of the challenge, leaving a four-week run-in. I have a week’s work visit to South Africa in early May and a couple of days working in Madrid during this challenge but I reckon they should be manageable.

Allons-y et bon courage!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good to ‘see’ you back JM! I’m sure you’ll hit your target by mid June you have great commitment.

2lbs S-g in just one day! The magic of BSD! I’m really looking forward to measuring, weighing and counting again and watching the scales come down. Roll on Friday!!!

• posted by Eileen27
    on

Great to read all your encouraging posts. Here I am again! Lost a little before Christmas, then gained as some did! Started Jan 1. To date lost just 11lbs – some of those several times! Weekends away and family celebrations lead to my loss of will power. Guess I am too greedy. Wait loss is very slow because I give in to temptation.
    4 week challenge looks good. I’ve looked at diary and I never seem to have 4 weeks of nothing ! Always something. But that’s what life is! I can’t wait but need to learn to follow BSD whatever I am doing! So here goes. I’d like to lose 11lbs before my big Birthday on 16 weeks time. Surely I can do this!
    BTW – just made Veranos pea soup again. Delicious! X

• posted by Marsie
    on

So great to see so many names here, some well known, others to become well known as we go along.

Reasonable day, in the food sense, today. Will see what the morning brings. However, UTI, need I say more. First time in maybe 30years. Sigh…

Natalie, hope your son is ok today.

Cheers, everyone, remember “one day at a time”.

• posted by LondonPRGirl
    on

There’s currently birthday cake going around the office *cries*

• posted by Marsie
    on

Stay strong, LondonPRGirl. I know the price I pay for cake. Undoes everything.

• posted by Busybee
    on

An UTI is horrible Marsie – and another reason to keep drinking the water.
    I am off to a birthday dinner tonight and then back very tightly reigned onto the wagon for two weeks before a weekend wedding in a Spain.
    X B

• posted by Cara54
    on

HI. I plan to join this challenge but I want to weigh on my own scales before I commit. That will be next Tuesday. I will probably aim for 4 or 5 lbs. I’m hoping that will take me under 12 stone. We shall see!!!!!

• posted by Hermoine
    on

Thank you Baristagirls – that’s lots of brilliant ideas! !

• posted by Laska
    on

Iam glad its not just me being embarassed about keeping coming back to it ! .

yes please, Id love some buddy support with the wine! Inka and Hermione and happy to reciprocate..

I dont think I could drink no alcohol wine though Michele ..id rather go cold turkey ( and im fine with doing that all week until 6pm on a friday when Dh is back for the weekend!) ..

so: myfitnesspal says 820 today.. , I was ok late breakfast , snack lunchtime but a bit hungry about 3.30 ,and scoffed my dinner pretty much as soon as I got home this evening //
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with a bit of butter
    Lunch: celery, (1 med) carrot and cucumber sticks with cottage cheese ( the fuller fat type..I really like it) , mixed with a bit of salsa
    Dinner was a small portion of beef ragu , (home made) with steamed courgettes and green beans .

Barista , thanks for your lunch lists… some great ideas! (I particularly like the soup/ cheese one)

I was still 11.13.5 this morning , which i was pleased about as the scales do have a tendency to leap about… I was hoping yesterday wasnt just a blip into the 11’s . (and I really dont want to see the 12s again).

I have already lost 7lbs since beginning of March, sort of doing BSD but not properly (still weekend wine!) , but I am counting my ‘official’ 8 week start from yesterday

Am looking forward to chatting and getting to know you all better.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I think it was Verano on the other challenge thread mentioned about testing ourselves, well now I know for certain I am!

Bought a Waitrose almond croissant tonight with my coffee, which used to be a regular occurrence, and usually ended up being eaten in the car as I couldn’t wait until I got home. That was about two hours ago and I haven’t eaten it yet. What I have done is add it to Cronometer ready for when I do eat it, and given the huge number of carbs in it I will have half tomorrow and half the next day. I guess that sort of behaviour change is an NSV of sorts.

• posted by pod
    on

That’s willpower Mixnmatch! If I had one anywhere near me it would be gone sharpish!

• posted by Inka13
    on

Aargh, fell at the first hurdle! Had two glasses of red wine last night! So silly but have been battling flu for weeks now and was just fed up! Carbs have been low all week though and eating to plan so hopefully not too much damage, scales slightly down, phew! Will be so good today😐

• posted by Natalie
    on

Thanks Marsie my son is better – but weirdly suddenly all his clothes are too small like he’s shot up overnight (he’s ten). I’ve been joking that the illness was him going through a metamorphosis. Anyway I was able to do the grocery shopping and now we have lots of fresh healthy food. Oven repair man coming today so fingers crossed about that, we’re in autumn here and I need my oven! It broke Easter Saturday a day before I was supposed to do a roast for 14.

Today my plan is yoghurt and raspberries for breakfast, homemade tomato soup for lunch (I love the idea of a bit of cheese in it) and satay chicken and veges with cauliflower rice for dinner. Satay is high calorie but most of what goes under it will be vegetables. I’m the only person in the house who loves broccoli. If you happen to have a working oven, try roasting your cauliflower rice, it makes it taste amazing.

• posted by pod
    on

Hi Natalie glad your son is better. I’ll try roasting the cauliflower rice, I do roast cauliflower but never thought to roast the rice!

Please log in or register to post a reply.