What have you eaten today?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Oh thanks so much for this soup recipe!!!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Oh thanks so much for this soup recipe MooLoc!!!
    And thanks for the chicken curry recipe also Ingenue. I am going too switch tofu for the chicken!!!

• posted by Jandz100
    on

B – haggis & sunny side up egg

D – cottage pie with cauliflower mash

• posted by Emptynestmama43
    on

Breakfast-Apple and Almond Butter
    With plain yogurt mixed with vanilla extract 1 packet Stevia. Black coffee and water with lemon.
    Brunch- egg omelette with kale and spinach , zucchini,tomato,ham,and fresh cilantro,thyme,lemon grass all mixed up in my wonderful omelette then half an avocado on the side. Water

• posted by Ingenue
    on

Embob, just pop your cauliflower rice (raw) on a baking tray sprinkle with a tsp of olive oil and any seasoning you want and cook for 10-15 mins giving it a shake now and then .

• posted by Ingenue
    on

Happy Life – Tofu is good , so are eggs or mushrooms instead of chicken in the curry ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Ooh thanks!!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Protein shake question!!
    I see several people over time posted they had a protein shake. Is there one you all recommend? Might be good for my upcoming travels I am thinking!
    Thanks!! ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by HappyLass
    on

Hi HappyLife
    I use a shake called Shake That Weight which I buy online. Nice flavours,good service and they have 12.5protein,12.8 carbs and 131 calories. You can always add a spoonful of protein powder if you want higher protein content. I’m guessing that from your chicken/tofu swap you’re vegetarian. I eat a bit of fish but 90% veggie. Finding this eating plan pretty easy and so effective..great to be in control at last! Good luck with the diet and enjoy your travels!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks so much HappyLass!
    I am 90% vegie also and it’s been easy to follow so far. Just figuring it all out is the hardest part. Ha!
    Thanks so much for the advice!!
    ๐ŸŒท

• posted by HappyLife
    on

๐ŸŒท day 4
    B – 2 eggs, 1 ounce cheddar, herbs
    L – 3oz salmon, 1/4 avocado, 1 cup strawberries
    D – 1 cup asparagus, 1 T butter, 1/2 can Amy lentil vegie soup
    Total 900 cal and 48 carbs
    Note to self: remind hubby not to put butter on vegies without checking ๐Ÿ˜„

• posted by Jandz100
    on

B – nothing
    L – 200g courgetti stir fried in garlic & chilli, cream cheese stirred in to create a sauce
    D – liver & bacon with broccoli
    S – mixed nuts 25g

• posted by Funkydoofamily
    on

B: Yogurt 60g, frozen berries (warmed with a little water) 80g sunflower, pumpkin and linseeds, 4g of each – all mixed together
    L: 2 egg omelette with a mushroom, 1.4 pepper and spinach plus 25g cheese on top
    S: nuts, kallo buckwheat cracker
    D: 100g roast chicken, broccoli, carrots, peas

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Day 5
    B – 2 eggs, 1oz cheddar, herbs
    L – 3pz salmon, 1 cup asparagus
    D – 1/2 can Amy’s lentil vegie soup with 1 cup asparagus added

717 cal 56 carb

• posted by Jandz100
    on

B – full fat yogurt and berries
    D – huge salad…came in at 600 cals!

1 hard boiled egg
    75g poached chicken
    30g cheddar cheese
    50g asparagus
    2 spring onions
    4 radish
    100g avocado
    20g salad leaves

And I’m stuffed! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Intended to split the salad over 2 meals but I was gardening then remembered I had to walk into town and back for an appointment so lunch didn’t happen…no hunger pangs either!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Guilt free brownies – being a chocoholic from way back, the no chocolate thing has been difficult for me to harness. At times over the last 5 weeks I have had 200mls milk and 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder. Today it was all too much, so I went to the shops (15 km away) and bought the ingredients for the guilt free brownies (recipe from 8 week BSD book). I knew I needed portion control, so baked 16 in patty tins. I ate one. It was perfect. Totally satisfied my need for chocolate and tided me over until dinner. My palate has changed and the cocoa nibs, that I thought I wouldn’t enjoy, satisfied my need for chocolate.

• posted by Stacey
    on

B – Optifast choc shake 200cals
    L – Tuna and goats feta salad 215cals
    D – Minute steak, Goats feta salad and 30gms herby cottage cheese – 315cals
    S –
    plus 100mls of full fat milk for tea and coffee

I love using cottage cheese in place of a sauce, a tablespoon is only 30cals.

• posted by AudreyLee
    on

Hey! I had porridge with banana for breakfast, rise with broccoli for lunch and I am trying to think what to have for dinner. My favorite is potato salad: 2 boiled potatoes, 1 egg mixed and half of onion mixed with a spoon of mayo.

• posted by Jandz100
    on

Lots of newbies starting tomorrow and I’m guessing the warmer weather will change what we’ve been eating over recent weeks, so thought we could do with a bump up of this thread…

Yesterday
    L – egg salad
    D – half courgette pizza crust topped with Spanish sliced meats & mozzarella

Today
    L – remaining half of courgette pizza
    D – mediterainian veg with a mackerel fillet
    S – full fat yogurt with cinnamon on top

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Jandz100,
    How do you know about newbies?
    Here’s my food for today and it’s a miracle because it was Mother’s Day and we went out to eat. !!

Cal 701. Carb 38
    B nutrition shake – vega brand
    L 2 eggs, 4 green olives, 1/2 T mayo, 1/2 tomato
    Snack 1 oz cheese (to make it till dinner)
    D asparagus, green beans, broccoli, 3 oz dried tofu, 1 T oyster sauce, inside only if two vegie dim sum

• posted by Jandz100
    on

Hi happy life, lots of people have posted on various threads to say they are starting the BSD today…it’s also a Monday, the day most people say they’ll start a diet.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

B Vega nutritional shake
    L 1 oz cheddar – strawberries – 2 T yogurt
    D green salad – 3oz crab – 2 T Caesar dressing – 3 oz ahi
    ๐ŸŒท

• posted by chubbypenguin
    on

So I fell off the diet wagon but as of today I’m back on it and determined!!

Today
    B: 2 scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, mushrooms
    L: Parma ham salad with 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
    D: fish cakes (not too high carb) and green veggies.
    Possibly some melon for dessert!

• posted by Ingenue
    on

Apple , 5 Brazil nuts

Green salad,tomato, cucumber,olives, ham’ ,I thin slice cheese

Chicken, broccoli fritters, ( recipe to come)yoghurt dip, green salad

1 Ryvita,1 tsp peanut butter

• posted by thepolly
    on

BLT with B + T in the L – no dressing and then a ruby grapefruit but 2 hours later BS was up to 10.2, Last night and this morning was 6.2 so a bit down that I need to avoid grapefruit

Ate at harvester last night and had ribeye steak and salad with sweet potato fries and they didn’t seem to send it up that much – which is nice!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Polly,
    Glad you posted this as we noticed if my hubby even has 1/2 orange with a meal his blood sugar is up the next morning a lot.
    I didn’t know we could have sweet potatoes!! Maybe that will help my tummy with some fiber. I will check thanks!!
    ๐ŸŒท

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Orchid, that’s what I thought. ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

B – 2 egg omelet with herbs
    L – 2 oz salmon
    1 cup strawberries
    D – 3 oz salmon
    1 cup strawberries
    1 cup asparagus
    1/2 cup tomatoes
    1 t tartar sauce
    1 t balsamic vinegar

• posted by thepolly
    on

I can only comment on my own reaction to foods and do not claim to speak for anyone else.

• posted by Cicipops
    on

Bowl of porridge with semi skimmed milk and a chopped fresh apricot for breakfast. 2 ryvita crackers and a bowl of creamy carrot & lemongrass soup for lunch, 2 salmon fillets with broccoli for dinner.

This is such a fab thread btw – love to see everyones ideas for meals – you are all making dishes I would never have thought about!

I’d like to add that I too am feeling ANYTHING BUT deprived. Can’t believe how full I feel, eating so little! I have always had a sweet tooth and find it hard to resist chocolate, but in 2 weeks, that’s changed. I had a small chocolate bar at the end of my first week (for a treat), and didnt really enjoy it – it was too sweet!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Week 3 day 3
    13 lbs down

B – 2 oz salmon
    1 cup berries
    L – 2 T peanut butter
    Celery
    D – 1/4 lb roasted shrimp (garlic
    Parmesan Recipe I found online)
    1 cup asparagus
    I am short 160 cal so will add something else to dinner but not sure what yet.

• posted by Scandigirl
    on

Lunch grilled shrimp over a salad

Dinner- grilled pork medallions, cauliflower mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables ( squash, red onion, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes)

I had an iced coffee made with a cup of almond/coconut milk

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Week 3 – Day 4
    769 Calories – 26.6 Carbs
    B – Vega Nutritional Chocolate Shake
    L – Green Salad with Roasted Shrimp and 2 oz dressing
    D – 2 egg omelet with herbs, asparagus, 1tsp butter

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Breakfast two eggs with tomatoes and a portobello mushroom, three cups of sugar free coffee with a dash of milk in each.
    No lunch (working)
    Supper salmon fillet, two hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, 2 slices Leerdammer cheese
    Total 725 calories, 20gm carbs

Total of 100 mins walking fast pace 419 calories – haven’t got my replacement Misfit yet, so don’t know how many steps

• posted by Ingenue
    on

Small Apple 1tbsp peanut butter

60g roasted salmon flakes green salad

Ham, onion, cheese omelette, green salad

1square 70% dark chocolate

1ryvita with Philadelphia and cucumber

• posted by barby
    on

11 30 Green Salad with 5 cherry toms and cottage cheese & 1 Waitrose spinach falafel (delicious)

2.30 Greek Yoghurt, berries nuts, flax/linseed

6pm 2 strawberries

8pm 2 egg cheese omlette with spinach.

total 695 cals 24 carbs

• posted by Frog
    on

Ratatouille and steak – I made a huge pot of ratatouille that turned out to be about 4 good portions when I weighed it to work out the cooked weight. That was a very late lunch, and I’m not really hungry now, so that’s probably it unless I have some yoghurt or strawberries later.
    I can’t be bothered to measure milk in every cup of tea, so I’ve estimated that I get through 200ml a day, which seems about right for how long a litre lasts + an estimate for some tea when I’m out, so I will just add that in every day unless I know that I’ve had more.

So – 500 Calories, 55g protein 26.3g Carbs – and 3.5 portions of veg

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Day 3…
    For breakfast had chia seeds, ounce of raspberries and coconut milk (not too sure about this one as though it doesn’t seem to have many carbs it mentions rice as an addition so might not be the best option in future! Maybe almond milk with no sugar better) and 2 teaspoons of almond butter for breakfast – left overnight the chia seeds make a kind of gloopy pudding thing – tasty!

The chorizo and tomatoes and leek soup from the book for dinner last night – soo nice and filling. Having that again for lunch today. with a few Brazil nuts. Recipe seemed to make quite a lot so will still have some left.

Then hopefully making the spicy bean burgers from the book tonight!

Feeling ok and not really hungry though a bit spaced – found myself putting the book in the fridge last night instead of the butter :-)))))

• posted by barby
    on

Yesterday

L mixed vegetable bake with cheesey topping
    D Out for pub meal tomato soup (ignored bread) , then goats cheese and salad with 1 small boiled potato. The goats cheese was
    breaded and I just ate ! Black coffee for dessert, and 1 soda and Lime, + water
    I left some, as the portion was so much bigger than I’m used to now. In future I’ll ask for a starter size as a main.

Today
    B Greek yoghurt and seeds/berries
    L More veg bake with 2 small beanburgers
    D Probably a salad, with boiled egg and a little cottage cheese

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Week 4 – day 2
    718 cal. 23 carbs

B 1/2 egg, 1 oz cheese, 8 grapes
    L lettuce, 2 oz cheese, 1/3 avocado, 1 T dressing
    D lettuce, 3 oz crab, 1 egg, 1 T dressing

• posted by Epspecially
    on

I’ve just discovered Greek style yoghurt – wwoooooww so tasty! I’ll have to be careful though, it’s so delicious with strawberries it’s tempting to take a few more spoons from the tub!

Yesterday had some roast chicken with onion, red pepper, tomato, garlic cloves, and bit of courgette all roasted in 2 teasp of olive oil and some herbs – was really tasty and great as partner was having usually roast chicken dinner of stuffing, roast potatoes etc but I preferred mine ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

try the yoghurt with baked rhubarb while it’s in season Especially – it’s heaven! (and fewer carbs)

I had an amazing omelette with tons of courgette and a tiny amount of feta yesterday evening – making the most of my newly arrived spiraliser!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

oooo baked rhubarb – sounds delicious Frog! I haven’t managed to bake it yet (that the book recipe?) but love rhubarb.

I ordered a spiraliser last week too hee hee what are we like :-))) Cant wait to use it.

• posted by Stacey
    on

I really must get a spiralizer! Epspecially- I try to avoid Greek ‘style’ yogs and get actual greek yogurt as the style ones can have hidden nasties. If I’m having a hungry day I allow my self a teaspoon dip in the greek yogurt. its a sneeky snack but it seems to take the hunger away

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Yes I know what you mean about hidden stuff, it’s everywhere! But no the one I’m eating is just yoghurt, nothing added. (unless they are lying on the package which is always a possibilty!!:-))

As far as I understand it, it’s okay to have a small portion with seeds/berries as the healthy fat is what we need but definitely not in big amounts ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Yesterday it turned out I ate 75g carbs but it surprised me as only carbs I ate were vegetables and none very starchy! Had one of the smoothies in the book for breakfast, modified a bit to fit in loads of greens from our balcony – kale and bokchoy and mint – and raspberries and small slice of mango.

Then raddishes, few cherry tomatoes, half yellow pepper, sauerkraut and tin of tuna for lunch.

Then the Jeweled feta Peppers from the book (which involves a lot of chopping up ingredients!! but is verrry tasty). But just shows if you want to keep under 50g carbs – which I think I do – well then you have to be careful which recipes from the book you mix together! Might have been the pomegranate and the raspberries – guess you can have some berries but not in two meals….
    Interesting! Must be better than the bad carbs though? Or does it not make that much difference..a carb is a carb?

Day full of coloured veg anyway, and that can’t be too bad!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

pS Frog I made the rhubarb last night but only tasted – YUUUUUM!

(congratulations on successful night out too! :-)))

• posted by Sinp@3ia
    on

Breakfast: prosciutto ham, ricotta and a tomato, drizzle of olive oil, freshly ground salt n pepper. Green tea.
    Small bites, masticating and leaving cutlery on the table while chewing. Didn’t think dieting would make eating more civilised ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

• posted by thepolly
    on

Last night had rib-eye steak topped with stilton on wilted spinach and watercress with onions, mushrooms, chilli, garlic and a random raw carrot – was lovely and a lovely low 15 carbs

Decided to have 2 meals today so had prawn cocktail (bought pre-made) on a pile of watercress with a splash of extra tabasco. Not sure what to have later as I’ve already blown 582 cals on that – just goes to show I shouldn’t buy pre-made things although I mostly just check carbs/sugar info first. Only 7 carbs, none of which was sugar so far. Probably just have a fage yogurt later or omelette. An easy thing anyway

Please log in or register to post a reply.