What have you eaten today?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by chubbypenguin
    on

Thought it could be helpful to see what others are eating with their 800cals, get a bit of inspiration!

Today –
    Breakfast – Apple
    Lunch – Ham salad
    Dinner – Homemade chilli with low fat mince in a roasted pepper.

What about you?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Breakfast – dont eat it
    Lunch – home made chicken broth
    Dinner will be seafood stir fry then about 9 o clock I’ll have some full fat Greek yoghurt with berries just to keep the fat intake up.
    Homemade chilli with low fat mince in a roasted pepper ? Liking the sound of that, it’s now on my to do list.

• posted by OscarBelle
    on

Breakfast – Greek yogurt with flax and pumpkin seeds ~340 cal
    Lunch – homemade “spanish soup” from book without chorizo ~ 260 cal
    Tea ~ vension steak with courgetti and brocolli ~180 cal

total ~ 780 cal

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Day one for me:
    Small tub plain yoghurt with 2tbsp blueberries for breakfast.
    Tin of mackerel and salad for lunch.
    Beefburger (no bun) with salad and small chunk feta cheese for tea.
    Nearly up to 2L water ( struggling here!)
    Half pint milk.
    2 cups tea.
    Am very hungry now but it’ll pass.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Breakfast: full fat yoghurt with blueberries (200 cals)

Lunch: 2 courgette. bhajis with salad (172)

Dinner: cottage pie with cauli mash and brocolli (385)
    Small bowl strawberries. (40)

Total: 797 calories

• posted by Buxtonmick
    on

Breakfast: Latte shake

Lunch: Chocolate shake and a pear.

Dinner: Prawn salad (baby leaf, tomato, beetroot and a boiled egg) followed by 4 strawberries with plain yoghurt.

I wonder what it will be like moving back to a normal diet…

• posted by Spirit
    on

I like the sound of some of those recipes!

Breakfast – cup of tea with skimmed milk
    2 slices of smoked salmon with a poached egg.

Lunch – been skipping that of late

Dinner – home made chicken and veg broth.

might have some yoghurt and blueberries shortly.

• posted by Sabrina77
    on

Breakfast – full fat yoghurt with blueberries, raspberries & mixed seeds & a cup of black tea
    Lunch – goat cheese salad
    Dinner – 2 chickpea flat breads with chickpea curry

1.5 litres of water & 200 ml of warm milk before bed

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Breakfast – full fat yogurt, a few raspberries, a small sprinkle of ground pumpkin and flax seed – 169
    Lunch – Leaf salad, chicken, ham, shaved manchego cheese – 143
    Snack – full fat yogurt with cacao sprinkle – 60
    Dinner – 2 x Heck sausages, can toms and a spoon of baked beans – 363

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Ooh the warm milk before bed is something I’ll try – Bill suggested something like this to reduce the fasting high blood levels I’m getting. Good idea!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I love warm milk, I usually have it every night before bed – but only had it once since starting this diet. Tonight I am going to indulge!!! Thanks for the tip. Might even sprinkle a bit of nutmeg in it – ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Gail c
    on

Can anyone tell me if soya milk sweetened is okay to have with my tea, or is there lots of calories in that? I try to drink 2 litres of water a day and as the weather is so cold of late, I have a herbal tea, but I miss the usual cup of tea with soya milk in it.
    Also it is really interesting to read what you are all eating, got some ideas from you all thank you.

• posted by Gail c
    on

Hello can you tell me what a Heck sausage is please?

• posted by FoFi
    on

Heck is a brand. One of their sausages is 97% meat. Tesco sell them and they also sell other brands of sausages which are about 97% meat.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

OB – sounds great!
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Gail
    I have soya milk that doesn’t contain sugar. It’s not the calories so much as the pure sugar carbs that are a problem.
    At the moment I’ve got Waitrose unsweetened but there are others. Provamel for example. This one has 0.8g carbs per 100 ml of which 0.1g is sugars.
    Provamel also make natural, coconut, and almond soya yogurts without sugar.
    – beware Alpro, even the natural has sugar.
    Hope it helps
    Penny

• posted by KPerry
    on

Brunch Poached egg and slice of lean bacon. 150 calls
    Mid afternoon small lamb meatballs on spinach. 220 calls
    Supper 2 Beetroot falafel creme fraiche. 200 calories
    Kale, raspberry and beetroot smoothie. 30 calories

Just 600 calories which is low but I am not hungry at all so not going to worry.

• posted by liviebutton
    on

Yesterday’s:

B- porridge with blueberries
    L – smoked salmon salad
    D – Chicken with grilled vegetables

Today’s:

B – porridge with a half a pear
    L – chicken and steamed vegetables
    S – tiny ginger biscuit (gluten/sugar free) with tea. About 50 calories.
    D – still deciding!

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Plan for today
    Breakfast
    Psyllium husk in water.
    100 g Soya yogurt with blueberries and flax seed
    Lunch
    Salad with hard boiled egg and 30 g smoked salmon
    Dinner
    Slow cooker chicken with Mediterranean veg.
    Snack if necessary
    Home made veg soup.

Amazing to be ‘ dieting’ on such lovely food, with no cravings or hunger pangs.
    Penny

• posted by Bill1954
    on

No breakfast
    Lunch will be a home made curry with a gram flour flatbread
    The plan for dinner is foil baked fish with asparagus
    Of course my Greek yoghurt with berries for a late night snack I had pear instead of berries last night – very nice.
    I’ve already done a litre of water and 4 coffees today so the fluid intake is up where it needs to be.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

No breakfast
    Lunch : wild garlic frittata (leaves foraged during a muddy walk on Sunday)
    Dinner: is going to be home made beef curry with chickpea flour flatbread

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Plain youghurt/blueberries

Tin chicken soup

Slow cooked stewing beef/cauliflower

Cups of tea (7cals each due to milk/sweetener)

Trying to get through my 2L water jug!

• posted by Aly
    on

Breakfast :porridge with full fat milk and a little honey
    Lunch : Greek yogurt with chopped up strawberries added
    Dinner: mushroom omlette and green salad
    No idea of calories as do not count them but well below my normal amount!

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Yesterday’s menu
    B no carb Bircher from book
    L peanut butter dip and celery from book
    D chick pea curry with cauli rice

Today’s menu
    B blueberry green tea shake from book
    L poacherd salmon and salad leaves
    D home made tomato sauce with bacon on cauli rice

I love cauli rice I have it 3or4times a week, other days I have spiral courgette or veg “couscous” from Tesco.

• posted by misssay
    on

Yesterday:

Greek yogurt with cooked blueberries and cinnamon

Chicken salad with romaine lettuce, rocket, cherry toms, herbs, yellow pepper, olives, jalapenos, a few sunflower seeds and chick peas, celery and chipotle ‘mayo’ (was actually sour cream with chipotle)

Courgetti with salmon, creme fraiche, peas, garlic, lemon juice and basil, sprinkling of chopped mixed nuts on top

Half a pink lady apple (amazing that half an apple is now a sweet treat!)

One cup of tea and one of coffee with a splash of milk. Endless water!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Missay – good idea that cinnamon!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Aly, how is the chest infection? I hope the antibiotics are pulling you through ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Penny, it’s bizarre isn’t it – we’re talking about a diet and all eating really yummy food! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Aly
    on

Much better thanks. Antibiotics finished but still a residual cough. Been struggling with the eating plan the last few days as not much appetite.

• posted by Julia_hc
    on

No carb bircher for brekkie; mushroom omelette for lunch; and will be cooking the chicken with spring onions and coconut with lime from the book for dinner ๐Ÿ™‚ yummy.

• posted by misssay
    on

It’s a very tasty addition to the blueberries, Hashimoto. Sometimes I also add a few scrapings of orange zest to the pan when I cook them – adds a nice kick to the flavour.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Missay, I was thinking of the idea that cinnamon is supposed to help with blood sugars, if it does you are creating an extra health boost!! Well done. I might try it in the morning!

• posted by misssay
    on

My OH sprinkles it into some of his glasses of water for the same reason. Every little helps I suppose!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Aly you have been so unfortunate to get that infection just as you were starting this diet. Hat off to you that you have managed at all. I hope that residual cough clears up fast for you – I know how tiring and draining all the coughing can be x

• posted by malkay
    on

I love this thread – great to see other people’s ideas, and get some inspiration.
    Breakfast – ‘pancake’ made with 2 eggs, a spoonful of yogurt and flaxseed, topped with yogurt and blueberries. Really substantial and keeps me going till late lunch!
    Lunch – small ham salad
    Dinner – chickpea curry with a chickpea flatbread (thanks for the recipe, Bill – I love these!).

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Malkay, loving the sound of your ‘pancake’. It’s now on my list to try this week. Thanks

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Hashimoto
    It’s absolutely fab- but a bit weird. If we re on a diet we should be suffering! But after the beginning we re not!
    There’s no sense of ‘doing without’.
    Penny

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Penny, you’re right, it’s weird. What is more weird is having folks round for a meal and them eating your ‘diet’ meals and not being aware it’s diet food, ok i might provide them with more calories than me but the meals are otherwise the same. Crazy!
    Judith

• posted by misssay
    on

Today:

Greek yogurt with blueberries and cinnamon

Salad – romaine lettuce, rocket, tomatoes, gherkins, jalapenos, roasted yellow pepper, black and green olives, celery, chicken, chorizo, blue cheese, sour cream dressing with black pepper and lemon juice

Spiced lean mince and onion, (cumin, coriander, garlic, chilli, nutmeg and ginger, with a little tomato puree) on aubergine and green pepper roasted with smoked paprika and a little olive oil, topped with rocket, creamy garlic and chilli sauce, with lime juice and soy – (this sauce was amazing, although not for the faint hearted!), small dollop of mint and broad bean hummus, with some extra mint for good measure! That description has gone on a bit, but wow, it was so good, it deserves a full description!

Two coffees with milk, water

Half an apple in a minute

• posted by malkay
    on

Hi Hashimoto
    There is a bit of a knack to making the pancake – perfected after lots of trial and error! It works best in a non-stick pan lightly greased. Whisk the eggs with a dessertspoon of yogurt and about the same of flaxseed. Put into a hot pan, swirl it round, and when it starts to rise a bit (a couple of minutes), slide it out onto a plate, then flip it over back into the pan for a few seconds. Then spread with whatever topping you fancy – yogurt and blueberries is great. Delicious, and very satisfying.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Malkay, i would not have got it right without that explanation ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by FluffySlippers
    on

Breakfast: coffee with milk
    low carb protein powder mixed with water, 1 dried apricot, 1Tbs wholegrain rolled oats (raw), 3 cashews
    snacks: latte, 2 fruit teas, 1 black coffee, 1 black decaf, small piece Edam cheese with fresh apricot
    Lunch: chicken and feta with green salad, lots of grated carrot, cider vinegar, 10 cashews
    Dinner: lentil curry with eggplant, carrots and broccoli, full fat cottage cheese
    Night time snack: small glass of milk with 3 cashews

No hunger pangs at all – it feels so weird! I’ve felt hungry all my life, until now. 778 calories.

• posted by Spirit
    on

chubbypenguin, this is a fab post you started, but where have you gone since?

Breakfast (today) – small gammon steaklet with grilled tomato and baked beans (reduced sugar and salt)

Lunch – don’t have.

Dinner, smoked haddock with something or other.

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Love getting new ideas from this.
    Today’s plan
    B blueberry green tea shake
    L Cheesy beans
    D ginger lime soy salmon with spiral veggies.

• posted by Col
    on

Great idea for a thread, already got some new ideas.

B – Coffee with cream
    L – Hummus, celery and cucumber. 100g full fat Greek yoghurt
    D – Chicken breast with pancetta, leeks and cheese, sprouts, courgetti (with my fab new Spiralizer! )

All in that is still under 800 so maybe a single piece of 80% chocolate as my evening treat…..really loving this way of eating and seem to be sleeping better the last couple of nights, think someone else mentioned this bonus ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Brunch: malkay’s ‘pancake’ – thanks malkay, i had mine with strawberries

Dinner: gram flatbread and the last of the beef curry (didn’t have enough space in freezer)

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Lunch 2 egg Omelette with ham, peppers and a sprinkle of cheese
    Dinner home made chicken stew
    Late snack as usual will be Greek yoghurt with berries or pear

• posted by misssay
    on

Greek Yogurt with blueberries and cinnamon

Ham salad with mustard mayo/sour cream dressing

Broccoli, spinach, red pepper and onion, cooked with curry powder and olive oil, mixed with cottage cheese and a few raisins, topped with chicken and fresh coriander. This was fantastic and came in at 420 calories including the olive oil.

Half a pink lady apple, three almonds

Water, three coffees with milk

840 cals total.

• posted by carommartin
    on

Some great ideas on this thread. Do you all weigh the ingredients and check calorific values?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi carommartin, I write everything in a diary, inc calories. If I make a soup, stew, curry etc i count the calories of the entire dish so that I can decide how many portions are in it – i record those in a separate recipe book. I like experimenting with new dishes or variations on old recipes.
    I know some people are following the principles but not counting calories ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.