We are looking for weight loss & success stories on the 5:2 Mediterranean style

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Clare (BSD Admin)
    on

We are working with the Daily Mail on a series about how adopting a 5:2, Mediterranean-style approach to eating can result in impressive results when it comes to weight loss.

They are looking for success stories to feature and so if anyone would be interested in talking about their experience — it would require a quick interview over the phone and a photo shoot arranged at your convenience — please do contact Claire Coleman, the journalist we are working with, on mail@clairecoleman.com

The pull out spread show casing the diet and recipes, combined with the 5:2 approach will be published in the Daily Mail in Mid November, just before the launch of my Clever Guts Diet Recipe Book, which I wrote to accompany Michael’s original book. Lots more recipes on the way!
    Now the book is done I look forward to spending more time on the forum.
    Clare

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Does it have to be strictly 5:2? My journey included periods of 4:3 and 2:5 variants of Med style as well as 5:2 before doing the 800 calories for 8 weeks BSD. I lost 8 stone in total (8 1/2 at my lowest weight) and got back to a weight I hadn’t seen in 25 years.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, Mixnmatch! I only discovered this forum a few months ago
    while having accomplished significant weight loss on my own
    following the principles outlined by M.Mosley. I just wanted to
    pop in for a moment to congratulate you on an 8 stone loss. 🙂
    I’m trying to get to know other maintainers ( my loss 10+stone)
    for insight into their strategies going forward. I’ve only been
    in maintenance for 5 1/2 months, so feel that I have lots to
    learn from the success stories here. Will be looking thru your
    “replies created”. Congratulations, again. Yours is a significant
    achievement.
    Very best wishes to you!

Allie

on

Wow! Mixnmatch losing 8stone is most impressive. Sounds as if you have mixnmatched the intermittent fasting to suit what worked for you! Do get in touch with Clare Coleman, I’m sure she would be delighted to hear from you. It does not need to be a strictly 5:2 program.
    And congratulations to alliecat too on losing 10+ stone… Is there a thread for Maintainers to share tips and strategies?
    al the best
    Clare

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

We don’t really have a thread of our own, although the ‘Weigh in’ thread was I think originally used by maintainers who popped in on the first of every month to report where they were up to. We just tend to hang around giving advice and encouragement to new starters, joining in the mini challenges to keep our focus and menu ideas coming and getting advice and encouragement from fellow maintainers and other old hands who still have a little way to go.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Clare – I’m looking forward to the publication of a clever guts
    recipe book. I’m a bit disappointed that there are no actual maintenance
    threads, as I didn’t find these forums until I’d already lost 146lb following
    the brilliant principles outlined by MMosley. In the States, the BSD
    is virtually unknown. Sadly, as a nation we are desperately in need of
    this knowledge and it has certainly transformed my life! I’ve tried to reach
    out to others who are being successful at maintenance, with very
    mixed results. There are only 2 other Americans here at the moment
    besides me, but I’m grateful to have met them. We are all “spreading
    the word”! 🙂
    Best of luck with your publication! I now eat raw kimchi daily,
    and am loving it.

Allie

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hey, alliecat if you want to start a maintenance thread on any forum I’ll post on it 😁 I’ve tended to stay where it’s busiest on here which is the Welcome, Starting, and Fast 800 forums, but a Way of Life thread could be opened and maybe attract a few more of the early success stories back. I like to imagine the people who have reached target and left the forum are still doing great, but it’s nice to have that confirmed every now and then when we have a visitor to an old thread like BSD earlier today.

on

Hi alliecat, firstly, congratulations on such impressive weight loss! And good to hear that you are spreading the word as well as enjoying the fermented food. The US recipe book will be out soon… perhaps you and Mixnmatch could set up a motivitional maintainer’s thread somewere here https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/forum/bsd-way-of-life/
    all the best
    Clare

Please log in or register to post a reply.